Speaker 1: People do some weird ship It should in young people inhaling the gas from cooking canisters known as names to get high.
Speaker 2: Some feelings make more since than others.
Speaker 3: I've done everything for you.
Speaker 4: My career on Hold could have been anything if I had the talent.
Speaker 2: Bless yourself for observations.
Speaker 5: You didn't ask for this leadership.
Speaker 6: I think he's one of the greatest leaders we've ever had.
Speaker 5: Well good, just.
Speaker 4: A couple of Mitchell. One of us be mich and the other Mitchell. Just to make things easier.
Speaker 7: Your Mitch, I only call you Mitchell when you're being annoying.
Speaker 4: You always call me Mitchell. Oh no, he is Mitch Julli and Mitchell Kou Surprised you didn't remove me from the opener.
Speaker 7: Oh why would I do such a thing? Welcome back?
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 7: How would your little gay get away?
Speaker 4: I had to get surgery? What do you mean you didn't imagine if I got gastric banding and then in six months you've also much Wait, you're doing well, But I didn't actually go away. I got severe gastric banding surgery gay.
Speaker 7: Gastric banding. I used to think when I was a fat kid, oh, I should just get surgery to lose the weight. But apparently it months up your diet because it like shrinks your stomach. All you can eat is like a tiny bit of chicken and then you're full.
Speaker 4: We can get the banding I've looked into it, which is literally like a ziplock around your stomach, and you can undo it at any time, or you can get your stomach removed.
Speaker 7: Sorry, it's Chromatica released new Lady Gago album. You expect me to just put that aside and focus on this show.
Speaker 4: You haven't listened to it already?
Speaker 7: I have like three times, really, and you expect me to pause and dedicate my time to this show. No, it's a big day for US fans.
Speaker 4: Baby long No.
Speaker 7: Sour Candy.
Speaker 4: I love that ship.
Speaker 7: Do you know how usually albums are released US time and Sydney time. That's like late afternoon, two pm or so. I woke up and there was an Apple Music notification saying, oh, Chromatica by Lady Gargo is now available. I was like, excuse the fuck me?
Speaker 4: Did you not know?
Speaker 7: No? I didn't know what's coming out our time. It was like coming out at midnight local time. So new Zealand would have gotten at first, and as we record right now, the US literally just got it. So I woke up and I listened to it twice before work, and I've just kind of had it on the background all day, including right now.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of energy for four am. Yeah, exactly, black pink doing that thing. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Hell anyway, So what actually were you doing? Obviously not wrong, obviously not gastric band surgery.
Speaker 4: No, I had a beautiful week off with my lovely homosexual partner. It was fantastic.
Speaker 7: He left the head partner at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah I did. Yeah, she's she's in the basement for the week. Poor Catherine, poor thing. She's studying. She's gonna be a nurse.
Speaker 3: When you said that, Serena.
Speaker 4: Passed her tast because she's at UNI. Now. We had a great time. We've spent His family have property of the Northern Sea region, so we still his parents hold Really five bedrooms are to you? What then? Once you fucked him? What are you gonna do with the others?
Speaker 7: Did you have it to yourself?
Speaker 4: And jagging? That was disgusting. We had the whole house to ourselves, and the neighbors knew something was up. Because it's a holiday home. Clearly no one's ever there. All of a sudden there were these two guys buddy voguing to rain on me and then they're like sticky beaking around. I went on a run, yes, run one day. Oh fucking that's very hilly in the Nelson Baiery and it was horrendous pulmonary embolism. But I wasn't. I was running back up the hill so puffed listening to some I think it was rain on me that it came out and the neighbors were cleaning in the garden and they said something. You know, you're listening to music and all you can hear is their mouth and I went, yes, it's hot, isn't it. And then they shook their head and went went yeah, and it's so hot. And they're like, no, pardon, and I was like, oh god, you put the headphones in and I jolted the other way. It was very like, get out the hell they want. They wanted to kill us. I got that vibe.
Speaker 7: I don't like you to just like flee from awkward social interactions. You usually thrive in that.
Speaker 4: Do you guys get kiss in this area?
Speaker 7: That's the thought of behavior you'd expect from me. I'm the awkward Mitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're very true, actually, but you.
Speaker 7: Could have coped with that easily. Why are you so rattled by the random neighbor.
Speaker 4: So I love coastal towns because they'll listen to me, you know what I mean, I make a booking. I'm like, oh, I'd like to make a booking for two. She's like, oh no, worries like, yeah, I'm uh. Do you ask where I worked?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Good, that's fine, I'll get their reservation. I had to kiss Sorry. Oh I'm Mitch Midnight. Oh just Mitch Cheery from Kids Nights. Sorry, she's hung up. That's just me. I love coastal towns because it's a fresh start, fair enough. It's like Ellen living in Monterey, you know how she like has a coastal home. Because of the anonymity, No, it's a fun fact. Only an Ellen fan wouldn't know. The holiday was great, but that's about it. You know what. I did miss you too?
Speaker 7: Oh we missed you too.
Speaker 4: And I'll be honest. When I saw the video with Abih Slitfield, no, I was sorry. I don't language. I was jealous. Yeah, I'd love to.
Speaker 7: Get her back. I feel like you too would get along. She was great, She was good.
Speaker 4: Actually she did follow me on Instagram, which is very nice. That was a power move, you know. I'm like, you follow your partner's x on Instagram and now move. I felt like she did that to be like, I'm going to fill in when you're sick.
Speaker 7: Next She's like, I'm the talented feeling that brought in all these new listeners. Yep, she's did a very successful episode.
Speaker 4: That was she really did. But she actually was great, So well done, Jenna. You stood up. We had a comment saying I loved I loved more air time, more cloud time from Jenna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 7: Well, we're doing Jenn's junk today, so plenty of Jenna coming up right at junk. These are the ship bits that we decided not to put in the podcast, and then she rummages through the trash and brings them back to us like a little ferret.
Speaker 4: Correct. I actually think we should clarify because we do iGEM's here on the show, and we didn't. We have someone ride in and say that that in itself is horribly confusing.
Speaker 7: It's a whole thing I thought I've been saying to you off air. We have to say every time we introduce the show iGEM, is is it just me? That's what those letters stand for. I I JM. But you never listened to me.
Speaker 4: I think, I said, IM right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think. And then we've maybe explained it once or twice. Apparently plenty of people in our Facebook group have missed it and only just realized that when we kick off each week with an idgem, that's an is it just me?
Speaker 4: Each not an idiom? No, you idiot?
Speaker 7: No exactly, not.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's what we do. We start every week with an is it just me? It's something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. It feels good to say that again. I'm back in the chair, DoLS. I think I'm gonna start because this is something that happened to me on my on my break and someone contacted me. But I have met a couple of times and they asked me something that has shaken me to my core.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, let's not muck around. Take it away, Bradley, Okay, is it just me?
Speaker 4: Is it inappropriate to ask someone to be a sperm donor in the middle of a global pandemic? What man, Janet, don't you laugh. You might need some of my spunk one day. You might have a leftover Mason jar. This is the question. I don't know. Is it just me? Or is this allowed? Or is this the thing that's appropriate? Because over the break to a lovely, lovely gay couple that I know I've only met once through kiss. They're quite unquite fans of the station, not myself, Okay, they messaged me. I had them on Facebook and they asked me if i'd be their sperm doner.
Speaker 7: That's wow, that's how do you bring that up with someone exactly?
Speaker 4: She DMed me, especially considering the last time we spoke with her, asking how she wins ticket to Bloody jes to show call thirteen one sixty five. You can also have come.
Speaker 7: That's so wild? Can I see the message?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah you can.
Speaker 7: I'll sanitize me.
Speaker 4: Don't say don't say her name because.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know all good?
Speaker 3: Could she randomly just message out of nowhere?
Speaker 4: We had Mitch, can you get the date before that and see how long it had been since we've spoken, don't say her name? Anonymity?
Speaker 7: Oh you haven't spoken for like two years? And then out of nowhere, God. Am I allowed to read the message.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just want to preface by saying, in no way we shame you. I think it's amazing and I.
Speaker 7: Love that it's a confronting message to no less. I hope you're doing well. No, this is completely random message. But we are in the process of starting a family and looking for known donors, so we wanted to know if you would consider being our donor.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: This would be done over a drink usually, but due to the world going crazy, we have to ask through message. Right, Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: She knew me, she'd buy me a.
Speaker 7: We know this is a big thing to consider, but thought we'd ask. Please don't think we will be insulted if you say no any questions.
Speaker 4: Let us know, lovely that they thought of me.
Speaker 3: What do they mean by you're a known donor.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's not like an anonymous sperm donor. I'm assuming that's what they meant.
Speaker 3: I am maybe you're on a website.
Speaker 7: Someone who has a history of donating. Yeah, that's crazy though, because I've always thought I got to get me some leazy friends, because like, if I had to be really honest, if I look into my future, the likelihood of me having a partner who I want to like, adopt with or like surrogate with. It doesn't seem like something that I'm dead said on happening. So I've always thought the way I might have kids, if at all, would be being asked by a couple to, you know, do me a bit. Yeah, and then I'd just be like a part time father or whatever. You know, I don't actually live with them and all that.
Speaker 4: Let me send them your email and you can take it from here.
Speaker 7: I imagine if I became a father, Oh well, that's what I thought.
Speaker 4: I'd want to be fucking father.
Speaker 7: I'd be a great father.
Speaker 4: You would be good, and I'd be the fun that we'd actually be good co parents. Not as a couple, but we would we have a good balance.
Speaker 7: You know, in the dark room, you could be mum, It's yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: I anyway, I wanted to know how does this work? Because do I just like, is there a clinic or to say, because that don't cost money or to save costs right for this young couple, Do I just like do it into a Turkey base t and squirt it in. I honestly don't know. So we have a friend of the show. He works. It works at Kiss. He's Kyle and Jackieoh's resident in house doctor doctor Kiss.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, of course with his real name again, doctor.
Speaker 4: Sam hayas phone because his numbers on the.
Speaker 7: Oh, you're gonna give me because I want to know.
Speaker 4: How it works. What if we go to a clinic and they go, yeah, just jake off into his cup, but they provide straight porn, Like that's not gonna work.
Speaker 7: He could be still at his practice, like actually being a doctor. It's not just the media doctor.
Speaker 4: He writes for news dot com dot are You Kids, Spot Body and soul are you? He's a health exp all around.
Speaker 7: Yeah, apparently he's the doctor in the jungle and it's the lab. Yeah, he's like behind the scenes that I forgot whenever they're filming.
Speaker 4: For You Have Child, Sam Hay.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'm making that out.
Speaker 4: Hey Sam, it's it's Mitch, Mitch and Jenna.
Speaker 6: How are you great? Thank you?
Speaker 2: How are you guys so good?
Speaker 7: I've only just found out your real name too. I thought you were actually doctor Kiss the hell?
Speaker 6: Oh really, no, doctor Sam, but you know doctor Kiss here and there imagine.
Speaker 4: That was his Christian name, Dr Kiss with two eyes that would have just been great. Would good planner? Thank you for coming on with such short notice. I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I need help. I've been approached by I mean, I guess I can say a friend, someone i've met once and her lovely partner. They've messaged me out of the blue, haven't spoken to them in a year, and they've asked if I would consider donating my sperm so that they could have a baby.
Speaker 6: Excellent.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm terrible. I don't know. First of all, I don't know where I sit with it, but I want to know how it works, Like do you genuine like can we just do it together? Can I go to their house and you know, do it in a pyrect.
Speaker 7: That you're going to have to read?
Speaker 4: Well, I might have to have that could be a cheap way to get out of it. I don't know if you have to pay for it. How does it normally work? The doctor kiss when this sort of thing happens.
Speaker 6: Well, there are lots of ways that it could happen, and I've certainly known of groups of couples who have literally got the mail to let's say, put the ice cream into a container and then they get a turkey based and literally stuck some of it up and word it in there.
Speaker 7: We go, Oh my god, So do they do that just at home? No medical people involved, This is their own DIY.
Speaker 6: I have definitely heard of couples doing that because I mean, look, let's break it down to the act of sex, of intercourse. That's basically all that's happening. That the old fella is brashing and crashing around and the way things go. So it is very achievable for people to do it in the warmth of their home and see how things go.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Obviously, though, you've got to consider doing that every cycle, and when couples are trying to get pregnant, we're looking they're generally looking at trying to have sex every second day, at least through the middle of the cycle, when it's most more likely that that eggs being released.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, because you might not get her pregnant the first time.
Speaker 6: That's right. You could be could be dropping off a regular deposit for them.
Speaker 4: I couldn't just you know, give them maybe like a month's worth in like a you know, and they might be able to freeze it and defrost it like your chicken breasts before you have a start from it, like Planet of.
Speaker 6: The Challenges, It's not going to last well in the fridge are you freezing it? So it's going to be a one use only each time.
Speaker 4: So say, for example, you go the other route, which is professional. Are there clinics where I can like go and do it like in a room and give me like pornography to do it? Is that the official way?
Speaker 6: Look, I don't think you have to be as literally as do it in their in their venue, but but from time to time they probably do ask you to. In general, you would do it at home and you've got to get it to them keep it warm, so blokes literally keep you know, keep the little container down their pants or underneath their armpit and take it in within the hour and they process it.
Speaker 7: She's like, imagine if the perspects bloody smashed under your arm pit, that'd be the bowelst thing. Ever, So I don't know if this is a question for you or a lawyer, but would Mitch be hypothetically listed as the father on the birth certificate or is it would there be two mothers on there?
Speaker 6: Ah, I'm really not sure about that. I think it all depends on how how that process is done with regard to is it done as an anonymous therm donor or not. There are lots of legalities around all of that, probably different in different states as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's true. That's something you have to think about, Mitch, because if things turn sour and you are legally the father, they could like get a lot of money out of you in the court.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you know when they turn eighteen and they could just come barking up my tree.
Speaker 7: Right, I mean I don't know. I really don't know how it works. This is a whole new world. But hey, at least we know how you deliver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have a donation, invest in a bay Marine and just keep it on the heat. And oh god, all right, sorry doctor kiss probably in the middle of your meal. I appreciate the call. You've You've really cleared it up for us. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Good luck, mate, It's very exciting times for you.
Speaker 4: Would you be godfather? I don't know if he's at my right to ask, I don't know. See, it's all confusing us. See Bye's lovely, isn't he.
Speaker 7: See that's where it gets complex because you probably would need to get a lawyer involved because if like in my mind, you know how I said that my ideal world is that like I am technically the father, I'm allowed in their life. I'd go to the performance nights, I'd go to the assemblies all that stuff, but like I wouldn't be with them five nights a week. I'd be able to visit and you know, do birthdays and stuff like that, all that, but you'd have to actually get something in writing, wouldn't you be. It's like, what if they decide that I'm not doing enough and then I'm like, well, I thought that I was doing this is what I was going to do all along. They decide he's not doing enough, we need more money.
Speaker 4: Like it makes it.
Speaker 7: Actually it could become very complex.
Speaker 4: But see all jokes aside, like it is a serious thing. And if they're listening, I love them. I don't want them to think we're making fun of them. I'm just going through my own thought process. Yeah, I actually don't think they want me to be involved at all. I think they want me from my little sperm. Well they're normal sized. Actually they want me for my sperm, and that's it. I'd imagine I sign all sort of not ownership, but I'd sign everything away and I'd have no contact with the baby.
Speaker 7: I don't think you would be able to do that, especially if you know them. You'd be instagram stalking all the time, being like where is little Jeoffrey? So did you end up replying to them?
Speaker 4: Or what I did reply? And I just replied saying after three days she bumped it like she was buying a used grill off bloody Facebook marketplace, and I l negotiable. Now you don't have come up to ten bucks. She said, hey, X, how are you? And we had a little b a small talk. Then I just said, hey, look, I've thought about it, and I've spoken with my partner. Although I would have loved to help you guys out and starting a family, it's something we'd maybe consider a few used down the track, but not something i'd be comfortable doing currently. I'm sorry if that throws your plan off, but definitely touch based in a few years if you're still looking at that option.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's a timing thing, like it sounds like something that could work, but like.
Speaker 4: Now, oh, definitely no.
Speaker 7: You don't even know how to use a washing machines.
Speaker 4: Father definitely don't. Also, I've got a bloody you know, brain disease. What if I passed that down with my sperm.
Speaker 7: I mean it's not exactly life threatening, No, it's like it wouldn't be the worst thing. But that memory information. It's not like some sort of thing you wouldn't want to inherit, but that memory, that memory.
Speaker 4: I know they'll finally tell the baby when it's eighteen. Your father's Mitch Jerry from Radio Fame. Who's my father? Awful?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Thank you, Doctor Sam Hey, what a legend. Follow him on all socials, doctor Sam Haye.
Speaker 7: Hey, look, speaking of Facebook mark a place you just mentioned my eGym. This week is about an equally shit function within Facebook. Are you ready for me? Bradley? Oh, let's go.
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 7: Do you never watch later? The things you add to your watch later?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: That goes for Instagram as well.
Speaker 4: Can you do that on Instagram?
Speaker 7: Yeah? The little save button thing?
Speaker 4: What'll save button? That little it kind of.
Speaker 7: Looks like an envelope. Let me find it, like, yeah, that's what it is. It's a bookmark. So if I went like this, that little thing saying on the right, that is Yeah, it adds it to your collection and then you can go and look at all the things. You say.
Speaker 4: I think my fat fucking palm just accidentally the amount of photos that are in my collection.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the thing. I have a lot of things, but I've never ever thought to myself, I've got some free time, let's go and watch all these things that I've been popping aside. I never remember. I don't even know what's in that.
Speaker 4: I actually gone back to my memory thing. I actually use that function for eBay or I shop on hem.
Speaker 7: Oh, but that's different. I'm talking about videos you add to your watch later on Facebook. What do you even find?
Speaker 4: I don't even know, don't.
Speaker 7: I'm looking at my Facebook now on my phone. I don't even know where it is.
Speaker 3: If you if you go to saved, oh.
Speaker 7: Right, so you go, yeah, yeah, okay, you do it. You go settings down the bottom, ride though three lines, and then you go saved and then oh my god, there's so many like oh god.
Speaker 4: Honey mustard glazed hamd recipe from Tasty thirty two weeks ago. Video to very you how I memorized inn entire chapter from Moby Dick thirty six weeks ago by Vox. That was me trying to enhance my memory.
Speaker 3: Put out this one. Just a couple of cool dudes in cowboy hats and it's a video of too frogs with hats on shit jaw.
Speaker 4: That's disgusting. What's in yours?
Speaker 9: See?
Speaker 7: See It's such a youthful function in theory, because like when you're you know that really frustrating feeling when you're in public and you see a video that you want to watch, be like, oh god, it has audio, Yeah, I'll watch it later. I never do ever, all the.
Speaker 4: Photos I saved of Hayden when I thought he was cute.
Speaker 7: You can go back and stalk them as much as you like, but you don't save someone's photos that you're trying to like cook up with.
Speaker 4: Especially considering I didn't know where they went. This is so interesting. I'm going to sit at home and go through this. I wonder if porn up has this.
Speaker 7: Watch later yeah.
Speaker 4: Because it's the amount of tabs that I opened.
Speaker 7: And I'm gonna look. I want to bring it up on my four gen so that the work wife doesn't want.
Speaker 4: To just get a video up and see if there's a save later or a book.
Speaker 7: And a what video? What is that? A video? What do you want me to look at?
Speaker 4: Oh, nothing specific, just just good old fashioned.
Speaker 7: Sex, good old fashioned what the fuck dinner?
Speaker 3: I've got a video that I saved.
Speaker 4: I think had a video, say from a box Brownie camera from seventeen hundred. I filmed the Hindenburg crashing into the German feeling. Let me find out.
Speaker 7: Oh my, this one's called good old fashioned missionary sex. By the way, okay, there's a button's this's add to add to what I'm hitting. It doesn't do anything. No, I don't think that does anything. It just asked me to log in. They were doing free premium memberships during like the peak of lockdown. Yeah, for good reason, more people at home.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want any of that to be public record. What like the porm that you watch? Imagine an employer going oh high and Mitch true, let me do a quick Google search.
Speaker 7: Got into that's their first mistake. Oh hire Mitch cheering.
Speaker 9: To me?
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Go follow us at a couple of mitches on Facebook and Instagram if you knew here. One thing you should know about us is that we do love a good mispronunciation. On this show. It started with Mitch over here saying blinds with an extra syllable blid.
Speaker 4: I had no idea I was saying it wrong. I just say lions.
Speaker 7: It's all right, because I then had it brought to my attention that I was adding an extra syllable to extremely. I think it's correct extremely, But what do you think it is?
Speaker 4: Extremely?
Speaker 3: Extremely?
Speaker 7: But I say extremely, you do? And so that's what I got called out for in correct And even most recently, Miss Katie Perry Global Superstar, we were making fun of her for not being able to say your last name chui properly.
Speaker 3: Mech tural stupid mechtural du mech tural.
Speaker 7: Will you'd be glad to know that I found another mispronunciation that I'm sure you're gonna love.
Speaker 4: By another fallen celebrity.
Speaker 7: Well not quite Katie Perry level of celebrity, but it was Georgie Gardner.
Speaker 4: No what she done, poor thing?
Speaker 7: Well, she was obviously doing her thing reporting on Channel nine News, and she's done what you and I both guilty of, and that's adding an extra syllable to something. As soon as I heard it, I was like, oh right, I'm going to be bringing that up on the show. Sorry, Georgie, you're our latest punching bag, So take a listen. See if you can keep an ear out for the word she said wrong With reporting from Westmead Hospital about coronavirus, the subject matter not so funny, but keep in here out for the word that she adds the extra syllable to.
Speaker 1: Georgie Gardner has this exclusive report in the Fight against COVID nineteen. Westmead Hospital is where Australia's battle was born. Department head doctor Danny Go was in charge. There were so many unknowns. How frightening is that?
Speaker 5: It's terrifying?
Speaker 7: O unknown? So many unknowns, so many unknowns instead of unknown.
Speaker 5: There were so many unknowns. There were so many unknowns unknowns.
Speaker 4: Katie Perry, you said Mitch Jury's name wrong.
Speaker 5: Why there were so many unknown She.
Speaker 4: Just couldn't determine the eye or.
Speaker 5: The l Oh, so many unknowns.
Speaker 7: Oh fuck, I'm on eleventh. Then I need to charge my parwen. Oh, it's my favorite when people with pronounced we better keep going normal. It's another one.
Speaker 4: Well you better move owen.
Speaker 7: No, that's not that's on. She's saying own, so you'd be adding an ax syllable to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've been going. We've been going a long time. I really need to go hot one.
Speaker 7: Yeah that works. Oh, you'd like some gelato? Would you like it in a cup? Or in a cohen?
Speaker 4: Welcome to Westpac. It's you're a young couple. I love seeing you guys, and I've got great news. We've accepted.
Speaker 3: My dog loves thones.
Speaker 4: No, that's generally you did well. Actually, I'd love.
Speaker 7: A good aerial shot of the building. It's appinning. I don't own a draw And I.
Speaker 4: Love that new song bad Child by that Towns and I towans Tons. No, it's because it's got an and I after.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Sometimes it's funny when it's in the middle, but I think this one is better when it's at the end.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 7: Do you think this looks better in blue or Morowan?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: I love the songs. It's the new one from both my lowant your head on the Owen.
Speaker 4: That's good goodness. There's just so many What else is there?
Speaker 7: What rhymes with own?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. Last Christmas, I was up with Judy in the North Coast around Cans and we were hit by an awful so Chlowen not funny. No one was.
Speaker 7: I remember my friend Seamus in primary school. He got me to sign his cars after he broke his collar bowen.
Speaker 4: You know, back in high school everyone was dying there for and said my good friend Denise. She was swinging in the lake, and poor thing she drowned.
Speaker 7: I did like the lead up was always the best part. What instrument did you play in school?
Speaker 4: The ooen?
Speaker 7: No, this is an actual question. What did you play?
Speaker 4: Saxophone?
Speaker 7: No, the saxa? There we go. I was trying. I was trying to set you up well, like a good joke for like fuck me, I'll just be the funny one.
Speaker 4: I was going to say saxophone, but I didn't know if you actually knew I played that. No, I did, of course, striking goodness, I should have known. That's still again, still the same, still the same.
Speaker 7: Hey, I saw this report on a current affair the other night. These poor women they were getting breast in plants with dodgy silicohen. Oh god, neither we really got any.
Speaker 4: Let me think Jenn's had You haven't had one, Jenny, I did have one.
Speaker 3: I'm just not thinking of any.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't want to talk about it. Anymore. But my uncle was an astronaut, right Apollo eleven in the space rocket. As soon as you got back to Earth, you said, one thing scared me more than aliens or terrorist in space. I said, what was it? He said, I looked down and there was a giant, gaping hole in the oz Owen beside himself. I know anywhere that was going.
Speaker 7: I think it's funny if it's like a really stupid lead up, like the backstory to where you get it's not what you're expecting.
Speaker 4: Bank Lowen, bank low. I would not have.
Speaker 7: Picked Jenna as the type to stuffer hay fever, but apparently she's quite proing.
Speaker 4: You just had to end it in eat, Haven't I want to eat?
Speaker 7: Isn't it that it just rhymes with what was it again? Hit the Georgia?
Speaker 5: There were so many unknown unknown.
Speaker 4: In her head.
Speaker 7: She went, ship, I don't know because it wasn't as bad as we're emphasizing now that I listened back again, hit it.
Speaker 5: There were so many unknowns.
Speaker 7: No, it's not as bad as you know.
Speaker 4: And and the whole thing is is sad that we're playing this on the day one of the greatest broadcasters in Australian radio host of Breakfast on two GB has retired the infamous Alan Jones. That was good, Thank you. I should have known.
Speaker 7: You should know.
Speaker 4: Alan Jones.
Speaker 7: I've got like a double barrel.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, all this has been good.
Speaker 7: You know what motto, I've always lived by sticks and stowing. Hey, break my b I want that written on my Gray Stowe.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant.
Speaker 4: Oh Owen.
Speaker 7: Jenna. Out of all those what was the most iconic according to you?
Speaker 3: I actually really liked the Alan Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was a great lead up.
Speaker 7: What are you doing on your phone? You're googling words that rhyme with own on your phone?
Speaker 9: Mon?
Speaker 7: The oculos on the wall fling is nothing near the truth.
Speaker 4: We shouldn't be rude because we're in broadcasting too, and we should not condone this.
Speaker 1: On the c.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know Alan Jones thirty two number one rating books. I mean, how long was he on the throwing.
Speaker 7: Game of Throwing?
Speaker 4: Game of Throw? Hey, we have a lot of fans on this podcast that love Game of Throws.
Speaker 7: That's true, very true. If we if we bag it out, they'll just start to mow and love rowing.
Speaker 4: And I love that that hate that the Bravo show with that Andy Cohen. That's how you.
Speaker 7: Say, Oh, now we do the reverse? Oh yeah, Andy Kan what's the word? The one with Cohen? Lindy loan.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 7: Anyway, we should move on. In fact, do you know what I think? Segment belongs where Jenna's junk?
Speaker 4: I think, so let's take a peek at Jenna's junk.
Speaker 2: Shall we?
Speaker 7: Yes? Our third Wheel former producer Jenna. God, it's been a while since we've seen your junction.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's not well maintained.
Speaker 7: Obviously. You see you're junk quite often because you know, yeah, it's quite a big part of your life.
Speaker 3: I'm always in my junk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and with those nails too. It just be hard to get in there and get everything you need.
Speaker 7: It's been a while since we've had a peak, hasn't it.
Speaker 4: God, it's very eighties vibe going on in the junk.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't say that it's full, let's put it that way.
Speaker 3: I mean it's definitely full.
Speaker 7: So we throw our shitty ideas that we determine not good enough to bring up on the podcast into our junk, and then Jenna rummages through it and brings them back to us like a little boomerang in people.
Speaker 4: A lot of people enjoy this segment. They say it's one of their.
Speaker 7: Favorites, which is ironic because it's literally our shit ideas. This is where our shit ideas.
Speaker 4: These are the trimmings of the main show.
Speaker 7: Anyway, Jenna, what do you got for us? So we've got the bin here, go on, open, put it on the desk.
Speaker 4: Jet geezavy, dive on.
Speaker 7: There's lots of.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: Is it just me? Or is there no need for the half flush option?
Speaker 4: Oh? That was me? I'll claim that one.
Speaker 7: Oh what a dreadful waste of water Fascus.
Speaker 4: No, No, I actually have worded that incorrectly. There's no need for the full flush. I only haven't used the half flush.
Speaker 3: Why did you put half flush?
Speaker 4: Because it was a half baked idea that I asked out, So I didn't I didn't find tune.
Speaker 7: I was going to say that attitude shows you've never through the drowse.
Speaker 4: No, I only have used half flush. I don't shit volume big enough to ever require a quart of water. Half flush is fine, Jenna.
Speaker 7: Can you google how much water it's actually used in a half flush versus a full flush. We could just do the maths, but no thanks, because it doesn't look any different when you hit one button or the other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the thing is they're always like at old homes or old toilets. When you go to like a Westfield, there's like one sensor. It just does one flush.
Speaker 7: So I think that's the default is now half flush. It has to be surely okay.
Speaker 3: So an old single flush toilet can use up to twelve leaders per flush. A dual flush uses only six leaders for a flush.
Speaker 7: Even then, that seems like a lot of bloody leaders.
Speaker 4: I guess it is sort of coming out constantly from this.
Speaker 7: There's a bottle of Aqua love water in front of it right now. Look that is one leader, six of those for one turd.
Speaker 4: But even we do you flush your wheeze?
Speaker 7: Of course?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes I let it. If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown flushing down, why do you let it mellow?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's when I went to war again the dam and we had a davan. That's what the lady who taught us told us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, that's what my dad was always like. If you do, we just leave it because.
Speaker 7: Maybe I need to change my habits.
Speaker 3: If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flushing.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I've Where'd that quote come from?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: If you're listening, send the city, because I feel like it's from.
Speaker 7: The same genius behind Hey, mate, shut the gate.
Speaker 4: I bet I was diving in what your nails?
Speaker 3: Your shut up? Okay? This one? Oh God, is skywriting effective as fuck?
Speaker 7: That was mine?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Really it is?
Speaker 4: That adult language wouldn't be me.
Speaker 7: I don't know much else to add other than that is sky writing effective as fuck? Because it was actually at the start of the pandemic, someone with skywriting in Sydney, just the words wash hands and God, what a driving hazard that was. Because I could not keep my eyes off it. I was just I was compelled you.
Speaker 4: And you called me like, can you see it from where you are?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 7: You were in a totally different area of Sydney. I was like, your angle.
Speaker 3: Literally everyone posted on social media, and then I went on Twitter.
Speaker 7: The hashtag was trending wash hands and I was like, Wow, it's very old school, but it bloody work.
Speaker 4: I guess the sky is the world's billboard.
Speaker 7: Everyone sees it well, apparently only bits of Sydney can see it, like out West is too far away.
Speaker 4: I could see it upside down though. That's like when the Christians put up a giant cross on Easter and I'm like, oh, someonere playing notts and crosses in.
Speaker 7: The sky that you were looking at it? No left if it's buck fight remains.
Speaker 4: In fact, though, there's only one sky riding company in Australia, only one, like a family business.
Speaker 7: That's Australian sky Riding.
Speaker 4: Astralian sky Riding.
Speaker 7: Yes, because you make an ad for them. Yeah not now, I was getting ready for the buck and then go on, let's just do it, do it?
Speaker 4: What is what Australian sky riding?
Speaker 6: Yes, I mean.
Speaker 8: The side of the road, the bus shelter, maybe the back of an old school camp.
Speaker 4: No, no, not for me. Not in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 8: You've got the sky way up high, the baby blue heads for me and you the.
Speaker 4: World is your campus with Australian sky riding. Then, oh it's brilliant.
Speaker 7: What a shame that it's specific to twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they can't run that. My point is that they're homophobic and during the same sex marriage debate they exclusively chose to write boat in the sky.
Speaker 7: Oh my, I forgot about that. That's all come rushing back. So it was the whole thing where someone skywrited boat know in the sky, and then someone approached the Australian sky riding and said, yo, can I write boat?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Like nah, it goes against our Christian beliefs.
Speaker 7: For God's sake.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'll just fix that one second.
Speaker 7: Australian sky All right? What else is in your junk?
Speaker 4: Jenner? Sorry hit the wrong Sorry, someone's in the mine next door. Wear your mask?
Speaker 3: Oh there's a pathetic. Is it just me? Or do you not know what a sweater is?
Speaker 9: Me?
Speaker 7: What do you mean you don't know what a sweater is?
Speaker 4: What the fuck is a sweater?
Speaker 3: A jumper?
Speaker 4: But flopping jack's a jumper? But hold hold on like you got a card again. Then you've got a jacket, the jackets and me is what I'm wearing now? Like it's got buttons. You wear it if you're going out for dinner, A denim jacket or I don't know, like a corduroy jacket, a jacket's jacket.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Then you've got a hoodie which has a hood Then you've got what the fuck is a sweater? Where does it fit in? It's not a cardigan is a sweater, but it can't be because the hood is a fucking hoodie.
Speaker 7: It's the same with swimmers. They call it togs, cozies, swimmers, everything like cultural there's different names for it, Like some people call it a sloppy joe, a jumper.
Speaker 4: You sw I picture a sweater as being one of those like American, like really white family Christmases where they're wearing like picture of marone sweater with like filigree pattern on the front.
Speaker 5: I comit it.
Speaker 4: That's what I picture a sweater to be. Really cold weather kind.
Speaker 7: Of vibe now that I think about it. Who wears like it kind of implies that you wear it to exercise that when you're sweating. But it's like I would hope they have a shirt on underneath. You don't want to sweat directly onto that that's fucked fabric would reak.
Speaker 4: Everything I wears a sweater, I'm constantly.
Speaker 7: Dripping exactly if anything, your shirts are sweating sweable.
Speaker 3: So here it goes pathetic.
Speaker 7: We could do without the commentary.
Speaker 3: Shut up? Do you hate it when your blinkers don't click in time with them.
Speaker 7: Use that's that's mine. But that I didn't realize that was still in the junk because I actually ended up using that on Sey Committee.
Speaker 4: Sorry again promoting.
Speaker 7: I actually ended up speaking about that on the other podcast. So yeah, I didn't realize that was still in the jump.
Speaker 4: Well, at least it's nice to know that you're using the equality content for this show.
Speaker 7: Jesus, they get the off cuts that this came about. Can you look up on YouTube False God by Taylor Swift, So you know that feeling when you're at it your indicating you're on an intersection and the music is playing and it's like there's like a split second of satisfaction where it's in time with the Blinkers, but then because either the song is slightly fast or slower, it ends up going out of time.
Speaker 4: So false Taylor Swift.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was. I was driving to work at like five am, and I was at an intersection and this song was on, and I literally I noticed that it was in time with the Blinkers, and I was like, I'm just gonna I'm gonna I'm running early, I've got time. I'm gonna see how long this lasts and it did not move out of time like I was sitting there at the intersection because there was no one else on the road at that time. For ages, it's being like, oh my god, it's staying in time with the blinkers. Really yeah, so just like skip to the middle somewhere.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you do the blinker and old faded up.
Speaker 9: God.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well wow, and so four am you're not turning.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: I was just like, this is great.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: It was so satisfying, also very good song. It's the closest Taylor Swift will ever come to releasing like a sexy song.
Speaker 4: And a truncnked its horn. It sounded just like you're hitting a high note perfectly mad.
Speaker 7: Actually, she's not exactly known for her strong vocals. She she's more of a songwriter, but she can't obviously sing.
Speaker 4: You know what throws me when this When this song was a hit, which was probably almost a year ago now, it would I had people call in the radio station to ask if we were playing this on purpose?
Speaker 7: This song ready, Oh yeah, that's like Z's thing, right. Whenever he produced the song, he puts the blinker sound effects. It's in never really over by Katie Perry as well.
Speaker 4: It is in the middle, isn't it good?
Speaker 6: On it?
Speaker 4: And you've even got a little gas ped already.
Speaker 7: I don't know if that's in all of them, but he does put blinkers in all of them, like you know how, you know how some producers have like a signature they put in, like Mike Willman. Yes, he puts that in, which is fucking annoying.
Speaker 4: I had no idea what on that song? I don't know, but I don't know what song it is. He goes, I look at Heights. I was like, what are Lucas Heights? Is a suburb and like they made it in the local area. Song fucking daft punkin I.
Speaker 2: Look at Heights.
Speaker 3: Okay, enough, I'm bored. Next, that's a good thing. Not this one. Okay? Oh god, can I get any worse? Is it just me? Or do freshly washed dishes smell fishy?
Speaker 4: I wrote this on the week off. Hold on a freshly washed dish, like, let's picture all of us for you know, consistency, like a drinking glass, like a wine glass. No stam, one of the modern ones. You wash it, you take it out of the dish, wash it. It's hot, it's really clean, and you smell it, it stinks a fish.
Speaker 7: I can smell the smell you're describing vividly, but I don't think it's fishy. It's like it's got a distinct smell that is very much foul in its own right. But I don't know if it's fishy.
Speaker 4: And it pisses me off because I wash it with my fucking meale that my parents got a lot of money off. But it stinks of something rotten, and it's always fresh dishes. Sometimes I'll pour it like a glass of water and I'll go to drink it and my nose will be in the cup and it will put me off the drink and I can't swallow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're right, this is junk jump Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, yep, yep, yep, this one. Do you love spelling fucking f u c k e N? I want to do this.
Speaker 7: That was me, That was meutur language, but brand.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So when you're typing fucking in a message, it just has such a different energy. When you spell it fu c k e n. You're like, oh, I fucking can't even don't even get me fucking started. Fu c k e n. And you know it's wrong, but I always laugh extra hard when I read it spelt that way because it's just like such a different energy in my mind. It's kind of like the difference between saying fucking and fucking.
Speaker 4: That's my fat Fucking is very the tuck shop worker, the kid goes up, I'm missus brand I like a hot pocket. We don't have any. You've asked for the twelfth time, Lucy, I don't have any. Please leave, walks away fucking the third time today. Hi, David, you know, just uses a defense. Would never say that.
Speaker 7: Again, a backthrow that I did not feel where it was going. It's so different to fucking. She would never go even if you th k iron, fucking is different to fucking.
Speaker 4: Would you use that fucking, for example, in a sexual term, like, oh, I tell you what last night, Jimmy and Dave were fucking all night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you would use it if you were talking about someone else, But I hope you wouldn't say that in the heat of the moment in your own encounter.
Speaker 4: They were enjoying this fucking fucking, You enjoy this fucking. That's a good one. There was a lot of adult language. Let's be real, For this show. Maybe naxt.
Speaker 3: Okay, last one today, let's going with you?
Speaker 4: Last one?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it just me? Or is it the most awkward mess of a thing when someone making your sand witch says everything and first of all, sandwich is spelled sand not me.
Speaker 4: It's clearly me in the head of the moment. This happened the other day. Okay, you're at You're at a cafe and you come up. You're a say, for example, subway. Ready, I'm the server. You're coming in. Just do a normal confrontation. Ready, go hey, how are you working on?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 7: Can I get everything?
Speaker 4: And they always say it At this one place that I go to it's a sandwich bar and I walk up, you know, sandwich bar. They got shredded carrot like a pineapple, they got sundry tomato, they got they got everything. And this one fucking server I always walk up. I go, hi, Oh, hell, are you back again? I'm to get back again on my way to work. They know me like I'm gonna get a chicken roll like awesome with everything, yeah, fucking with strawberridge, jam.
Speaker 3: No, not everything, And it's like I have to.
Speaker 4: Sort of go no, let's start with mayo it's so off pudding. And it happened to Hayden. We both got to Sage and she's at every think and he didn't know what to do. He's like, no letters, I have to point out every ingredient. Maybe frustrated.
Speaker 7: I think you should have more empathy for this person. I think it's because, like yourself, they have a dreadful memory and they hate remembering specifics, and then so they go, Okay.
Speaker 3: Do you just want everything?
Speaker 7: And in their head they're like, close fucking do you want everything? I can't remember everything. You tell me it once, But you can't imagine being.
Speaker 4: A waiter at a fancy restaurant. I welcome to dosn't Eddies? Might I take your order everything? No, I'm gonna order everything.
Speaker 7: Everything on the menu reminds me of Harry Potter.
Speaker 4: We'll take the lot, Yeah, yeah Potter. Sorry.
Speaker 7: I just thought of this randomly. I was talking about the other day about how the first two Harry Potters have such different energy to the rest a because they're a new Dumbledore, b they got a new director, so it's just different in general. But do you remember that lady that walked around with the trolley on the train expressed, and she'd be like, you'd buy sweets and ship off her. Do you remember in the first one she was so mild and like anything of the Trolley Tears? And now I think it was a third movie. God, didn't she fucking changed anything?
Speaker 4: Trolley anything? And I was like, shut up, now you know what, haven't She went on a holiday with her husband and she I just feel like I can be doing more with the role.
Speaker 8: Babe, babe, you're sixty next year season all right, welcome back Movie three.
Speaker 3: Movie three.
Speaker 7: She went back to her acting her acting tutor and was like, Hey, I had this massive role in this huge film. I don't know if you've heard about. It's actually called Harry Potter, and here's a little clip of my role. Anythink of the trolley Tears. What's your feedback? Like, I think we can improve that. And then she spent two years in the lead up to the third film improving the one line she has, and then she comes back she's like, this will fucking way you're ready for this, directors, hold your horses. I'm fucking gonna blow you away.
Speaker 4: Anything.
Speaker 7: Can you look her up? What's her fucking name?
Speaker 4: Hold her up? Probably Muffle pulled for some fucking movie.
Speaker 3: She's referred to as the trolley Witch.
Speaker 4: Oh I search a trolley lady.
Speaker 7: So trolley Witch?
Speaker 4: Close enough, Samsung. Sorry, we'll get through this together. Thanks Samsung.
Speaker 3: Her real name is Jeane Southern, the actress name.
Speaker 11: Okay from the Trolley See that's the third film after her tutor to her to project.
Speaker 7: Now is there a clip of her in the first movie? Because she is so timid and like, literally sound like she could be drawing her last breath, much like the old Dumbledore who literally died?
Speaker 4: Is sorceress? On the first one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, are they on the train?
Speaker 5: Anything off the trolley?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 7: And the other one she's like, well, so what happened?
Speaker 3: Someone's also made a video Harry Potter theory. What does the trolley Witch do when not on the Hogwarts Express? And it's a seven minute video?
Speaker 7: No, I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: Probably a pole dancer of some sort, offering different kinds of treats. Chocolate frog, Well it's not chocolate. She's I also think it's a different actress. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: No, it's the same.
Speaker 7: That's what that was what I thought. But Jenna's just said that it's this. What's her name?
Speaker 3: She's ninety three?
Speaker 7: Fucking hell? Is she still alive? I hope the fucking pandemic doesn't get her?
Speaker 4: No, what's her name again?
Speaker 3: Mara? Wait?
Speaker 7: Wait wait, so Geraldine Motherland.
Speaker 3: She's credited as the dimpled woman on train in Harry Potter and the Phosphor's Stone.
Speaker 4: So her a name is Ezmurola buggy leak right, that's awful.
Speaker 7: McGonagall, birdie bot.
Speaker 3: But this is her IMDb profile.
Speaker 4: No one has asked for any of Jenna.
Speaker 7: This is why you deserve it. Demotion like groundskeepers one thing, but you're on a podcast. You can't be referring to visual Everybody.
Speaker 3: Please look up Gene something on Google and go to IMDb and look at her profile.
Speaker 4: Waffle alex Exan.
Speaker 3: Don't disrespect Jean.
Speaker 7: Say, for example, Prudence, what is wrong with that? One week apart and we've gone ferrel.
Speaker 4: That's so fucking funny.
Speaker 7: Imagine any new listeners we may have inherited from Abbey's Instagram and they're thinking, fuck this.
Speaker 4: Here we are laughing at fucking Sylvester Salamander. Oh that's not funny.
Speaker 7: Well, it's lovely to have you back. Men, Thanks for listening again, guys.
Speaker 4: Really good to be back, and I think you know, people are happy that I'm back to.
Speaker 7: A Yes, it is our thirtieth episode. Is that a special mile someone?
Speaker 4: I don't think so, I don't know. It's unknown. I really don't know.
Speaker 3: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stolen.
Speaker 7: It was right in front of us the whole time.
Speaker 4: Fuck Jenny, that was brilliant.
Speaker 7: Well, episode thirty one. Next week, I've got a bit of an intervention to do. And one of my friends, who I suppose you could class as an internet celebrity, but he's posted a video that I've been very offended by. You guys are like, all right, hey.
Speaker 4: Right, of course, yeah, he's very funny, alright, hey, well anymore, he doesn't really start his videos with that anymore.
Speaker 7: His YouTube videos usually start with that, really yeah, and what he's pissed you off? Yeah, he posted something deeply offensive, like we've always been great friends, but it's an issue now, So I'll bring that up with him next week.
Speaker 4: Oh no, moaning and groaning.
Speaker 7: You could have said mowening, moaning, moaning and growaning, moaning, metal moaning, the Philosopher start, we should go.
Speaker 4: We really should go.
Speaker 7: Her name back next week.
Speaker 4: I don't think we can celebrate for the thirty thirtieth thirty first.
Speaker 7: No, that's nothing special.
Speaker 4: People who celebrate their thirtieth. So I really should have done something for this show.
Speaker 7: I want to get we've done enough.
Speaker 4: When we get to our fiftieth, we'll do something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, god it's going slowly. Only fucking thirty.
Speaker 7: Why do you say that.
Speaker 4: I feel like we've done so many more?
Speaker 7: Nah? Really yeah, we're still we're still young baby podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but a we show. We'll be back with you next week. Thank you for joining, and this has been Is it just me Mitch Jerry?
Speaker 7: Oh you never never done that. You just usually saying my name too.
Speaker 4: I'm trying.
Speaker 7: I'm Mitchel Coombs. Thanks to your company. Good night already, welcome to A to D Brief. This is the secret segment at the end. We plan to trick people out of listening because well, really we think that this is less embarrassing. But that show was a bit of a mess. So really it's you're getting the same ship here that you just did get. Is this we fucking don't stay on track?
Speaker 4: To be honest, I think that's what people love the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, it's the thing about the main show is that we have a track to stay on, so when we go off track, it could be funnier. It could just be like, like you're just a lazy broadcaster, just fucking focus, whereas this bit we don't plan anything. We just kind of set aside time to go vogue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very true. Well, what much happens in this segment other than the fact.
Speaker 3: That, oh no, here we go.
Speaker 4: I had to hide it from Abby because you know, COVID everything you can't get before touching. Everything you gotta do. If it works, yout me go got it live tweets on the active and they're going. So that's what you can do. You can tweet a time at couple of mitches they are gone, or you can you know, give us a call on one eight six four four three nine two eight ninety four new number eight four three four four six ninety one.
Speaker 7: Of course, I have explained to you on multiple okdes that this is not a live broadcast, so people aren't listening, therefore they can't tweet their live feedback. But whatever, I'm just I'm done and explaining.
Speaker 4: I understand think is people tweet the show twenty four to seven in the hopes that we're recording and tweet. Now that's what that's how it works. If you get on, you get on at the door.
Speaker 3: No one's there, you can't see them.
Speaker 7: So one thing that actually did happen last week, Mitch. I know that the rules we don't prepare for anything for eight to d B. But I put two grabs over there down the bottom right. So last week on the show, I was in your seat because someone had to press the buttons while you went here. Of course, not one error, I might add, But anyway, I.
Speaker 4: Put money purposely so people think it's live theater good, because that's what live theater is there anyway say that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, anyway, So I was sitting in your seat, and you often make fun of me for the fact that rather than wearing big broadcast headphones like that, I wear these tiny earbuds. You do like they when you look at us in our videos on in a couple of miches, it looks it almost looks like I don't have headphones in where you've got this giant cans over your face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it also looks like something you get in the Willy Wonker bag.
Speaker 7: At the Easter show, so obviously I wore them, but I was over your side on the main side yet. Yes, and I mentioned during the show last week that obviously this studio is home to the Kyle and Jackie Oe show, so tower yeah, yes, I was explaining that to the girls who I was doing the show with, So take a listen to that. First and foremost, it's very weird using this studio knowing that Kyl and Jackio also use it, because if something's different, I'm always worried that they'll notice. I literally have in my phone notes a to do list of things to put back the way they were after every time we recall.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 7: The reason for that is that, well, first and foremost, we've never been given any directive that, oh, Kyl and Jackie can't stand when people use their studio. They couldn't care less. But as a respect thing, I'm like, this is their studio. Like, I'm pretty sure other than your night show, no one else uses studio. It's Kyl and Jackie O's studio and and this podcast. I think that's it. I agree, And so as a respect thing, I'm like, I put everything back the way it was That's one of the reasons. But the other reason is that Kyle and Jack are a little bit like us, where that they their attention span is quite easily drawn elsewhere. So if they see something, and they notice something, they won't disignore it. They'll talk about it on air like they're fans of going rogue. They're not like us where they set aside time to do so in a bonus secret segment. They do it on air. If something catches their attention, they're going to talk about it. How did you get carn Yeah, so of course the one week that I forget to do everything on my to do list after I were done with the studio is the week that I was in Kyle's chair. And apparently I think this is a bit of a like technological flaw. But if you, for example, unplug a pair of headphones like jenn if you want plug Jaws right now, it's almost like the volume is divided evenly between all the headphones. So if you unplug one pair, the others get louder. It's like when you're blind, all your other senses are heightened blind. So I don't know, I think my headphones were over there they were getting tangled in Kyle's chair, so Adam, their studio operator, decided to unplug them, and then that's when it became a whole thing on air. And this is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I didn't want to be responsible for disrupting the biggest show in the country, and so this is what happened on air.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Sorry, all my headphones just turned on louder. What's going on, Adam? He just blew my head out? Sorry the hell? So the place is this? It just went plug out of the bloody wall here and my headphones turned out thirty times louder. What are you doing there? By the way, I had an old pant and I'm around with woll on air killing there. What did you do under their I grabbed these and let's call them out whatever. That's the little headphone Jackson Virgin Airlines headphones set pulling that out? Turn my volume up thirty times louder.
Speaker 11: They look like a free pair of earbuds you get on Virgin give your little packet.
Speaker 4: So I was sitting there shitting yourself, did you instantly?
Speaker 7: I'm on the other side of the glass. I bloody worked for the show, so I was just like, oh shit. I didn't want to say, oh, they're mine, because I did get to work and be like, oh my headphones exactly, And so yes, we need to be extra careful before we leave today, because even though it wasn't a problem, they weren't actually pissed off. I just still I don't want to be responsible interrupting the show, and it's becoming a thing to be fair.
Speaker 4: Though that is Adam's job. His job is to clean the studio and make sure it's ready for broadcast.
Speaker 7: I don't think it is its job to clean the studio. And plus, my my headphones, the Virgin Airline headphones. They're so pateete and black. You wouldn't have noticed them under the desk very until they were tangled in the bloody.
Speaker 4: Chair after showed you I just grubbing everything down.
Speaker 7: I'm not even here last week, Like, I respect their space so much that when Aslan and Talisha left, I wiped the whole thing down with those bloody debt hole what do you call them? The bacterial white, antibacterial white. Yeah, those things. So like I don't want to be even not saying that Talisha and Achelin are riddled with germs, but like, I didn't want it to turn out that they, you know, had a cold and then they left jersity. You know, you can't be too safe during this time. Oh, I can't believe I'd have said that. If there's one thing I never want to hear again, it's the three words. During these times, I'm an adjective in there, during these trying times, during these challenging.
Speaker 4: Times, In these times, you know what I had? Unprecedented? Yeah, what is precedented? Why don't we start there?
Speaker 7: During these precedented time.
Speaker 4: When would you say that? Maybe the birthday party that everyone was invited to. Maybe when you're you've never been there before, first time having sex? All right, this is no, You've had sex plenty of times and you're just on a normal hook cup. All right, This is pretty precedented for me. So let's just dive in. You know what I mean? Uber, each driver delivers food to your door. Oh do you know how this works? Yeah? Mate, I this is precedented.
Speaker 7: Nobe. You have to say during these precedented times, during these precent times, when could you use that?
Speaker 3: You couldn't.
Speaker 4: You're a criminal. You're being arrested for the tenth time all right, mate, hands, I know what to do in these precedented times. You've been there before.
Speaker 7: No, But like, unprecedented means unpredictable, So precedented is like predictable.
Speaker 4: Can you google?
Speaker 7: So it's like, well, could you say that's predictable? Like when I'm having a mood swing, you're like, during these precedented times, you need a bath?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think most of these are just typos because it says did you mean during these un.
Speaker 7: I'm just so thick of hearing all these radio ads that are like we're with you during these times? What fucking times before?
Speaker 4: By Samsung, They're like, we're with you. I'm like, the one thing I don't need during a global pandemic is an old lad display.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The last thing I need during these times is a fucking Android.
Speaker 4: The last thing I wanted these fucking unprecedented times is an air fryer piece of shit?
Speaker 3: You know. I think Harper's Bizarre Magazine has made a little typho they go during these precedented times, they need to know we're grateful.
Speaker 7: What's the definition of precedent?
Speaker 10: Yeah, let's see that's surrendous, poor Harper having or supported or justified by a precedent Oh, and what's the precedent.
Speaker 7: It's like an expectation, right, like a standard that you're accountable to.
Speaker 3: It is, say which one?
Speaker 7: No, hurry, No, I'm.
Speaker 3: Looking at a different context.
Speaker 4: Jones and Amanda, they're probably used to this.
Speaker 3: Oh shut up, Okay. It can be an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide can be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.
Speaker 7: So these are not precedented times because we've never had had a pandemic like this. Yeah, right, I see.
Speaker 4: So it's for the first time, I so precedented. Could imply that you've done it. This has happened plenty of times, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is also a principle of rule established in a previous legal case that is either binding or persuasive for a court.
Speaker 7: Yes, I remember having to answer a question about that in my legal studies exam.
Speaker 4: Really, yes, it could be a fancy way to call someone a whore to in high school. Instead of getting Nancy's a slut, you could be like, well, I'm really nervous to have sex with Greg. Well, why don't you ask Bienka. She's pretty precedented with that kind of lettle.
Speaker 7: Bit of a flat shamer in school where you.
Speaker 4: God, no, but I witnessed it at a shier school. Oh boy, it's dead. I was school captain. I could not do that.
Speaker 3: Were you school captain?
Speaker 4: Primary school and high school? You've a landside victory. I shadowed the glass ceiling and then rebuilt it.
Speaker 7: Shadowed the glass ceiling. Do you know what that means? What does it mean?
Speaker 4: It means that, yes, of course I do. What does it mean? You tell me?
Speaker 7: No, I'm pretty sure it only applies to women, by the way.
Speaker 4: No, it's a metaphor, meaning that there's a glass ceiling that affect women only and that men can saw past them, but women are stuck by that.
Speaker 7: So how did you shout a ship? It was a fucking joke, a bad one.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to do it. I tripped and the ceiling was there and I knocked it, and they went, look what he's done, John the man.
Speaker 3: Then you rebuilt it.
Speaker 7: And I had to rebuild it shard by shard.
Speaker 4: I couldn't fall glass. It's just crim safe crim sace, crim safe ceiling. Anyway, we better wrap this up. The show's already been pretty long. Don't you think it has been a pleasure to be back. We have someone who join us on the line who message for me. They said they missed me in the break. So we'll just cross over to Chris. Chris Hi, How are you Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi? Chris?
Speaker 4: What a nice guy?
Speaker 3: I don't like him?
Speaker 4: Why just sounds terrific, Chris?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 4: How did Jenner?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 3: He sounds stupid?
Speaker 7: Are you all right? You've been very aggressive, to be very mean.
Speaker 4: It's very precidented from you too often.
Speaker 7: And you know what you've done. You've set a precedent where our listeners think it's okay to cyber bullying Mittill in our Facebook group jar An idiot, they were cyber bullying me.
Speaker 4: So I just thought another game using fake words that sound like the real word. Ready. You know who? I really like that new president Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: Just confidently saying things wrong. It's always funny.
Speaker 4: Contractually the popular belief, I am not actually sick. I think you mean contrary? No, No, I mean contractually.
Speaker 7: Oh, Kathin Kim do it all the time. It's so funny.
Speaker 4: Specific yeah, yeah, okay, let's do on the way.
Speaker 7: It's like Kim, we used to go to Pacific Drive primarly Specific Drive Primary and she goes call and I are going on a specific cruise. Oh no, it's missus d we're specifically in the specific.
Speaker 4: That goal. What could we do? I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's just so funny when people confidently say the word say something wrong. It's so funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I used to always I thought compulsory meant you had the choice. I did.
Speaker 8: I genuinely thought compulsory meant you had a joy I reader.
Speaker 4: When I started you seven, they were like, and sports is compulsory for every student. I'm like, mom, that's fantastic, and you're like few, literally, And then when I got to school, I'm like, no, no, this is compulsory, like yeah, I'm like yeah, like yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Like yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I had to completely relearn what it meant. And it fucked with me.
Speaker 7: What's the word when it's not compulsory?
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 11: One?
Speaker 4: Is not? Optional? Optional? Non compulsory?
Speaker 7: They would say, wait, so, Jenna, I'm pretty sure you made a video on WSFM. It was like everything that Kath and Kim have pronounced wrong? Yes, so what are the mothers? Did you make the beautiful for one?
Speaker 3: Do I have to get it up?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. That's a fan message. Hi, we loved you Chatfield. That's nice of them to just reply.
Speaker 7: You'd be forgiven for thinking that you're jealous of that, because you've brought her up a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm not jealous.
Speaker 7: I think you're clearly not over it.
Speaker 9: I am.
Speaker 4: I am over it.
Speaker 7: Do you know that Jenna is now getting hate in like the Kath and Kim Facebook Shut up, shut up? Fuck anyway, Jenna's now getting hate in the in the Kath and Kim fan group on Facebook. Why So, it's called the Kath and Kim Appreciation Society is in dah and it's like, got so many members and the engagement is unreal, Like people just post quotes in there and they get hundreds of comments of people interacting. And I think Jenna has cottoned on to the fact that when something gets shared in this group, it goes bananas. So she has made so many Kath and Kim related videos for the WSFM Facebook page, and I as soon as that's all of them appearing, I was like, I know what you are and I'm onto you, Dallan. And then the other day she posted I think it was like Kath and Kim bloopers on the Facebook page, and someone wrote, rather than sharing it. Someone wrote in the Facebook group guys WSFM just fucking uploaded another Kath and Kim blueper Is video. Brace yourself. It's gonna be shared in this group so many times because people don't realize they already been shared. It gets like one of my Kath and Kim related TikTok's got shared in They're like twenty times. I was like, that's already in here.
Speaker 4: Oh, we should just do some some Kath and Kim related content and put it in there that we'll get any listeners you have ever even watched it, I know how we could just fucking benefit off it, pretend we love it.
Speaker 7: I love that, I mean I do. I always said that we should just do an episode of this show where it's literally just you watching an episode of Kath and Kim. It goes for twenty two minutes, that's about as much as the main show goes for, or even add brief we could just dedicate it to you watching kathrin Kim for the first time.
Speaker 4: Very true. I would like to watch it, but I just just.
Speaker 7: It's very actually because you're more you're more of an appreciator of us comedy like those bloody night shows. But it's very Australian. It's so Australian.
Speaker 3: And it's much funnier.
Speaker 7: Even things that aren't meant to be jokes are funny, Like we're just eating the tiny teddy of him. It's funny because it's like she's an adult eating tiny.
Speaker 4: I have to say I do that as well. So with my fake Facebook that I've Mitch inspired Libby Elizabeth Trickett.
Speaker 7: No, it's the other way around. Elizabeth Libby trick.
Speaker 4: Elizabeth nicknamed Libby, last name Trickett. She had the name first for the Swimmer mind You. The song just blew up and took her fucking namesake. She's furious. I have found the Master Chef Australia twenty twenty group ninety thousand members.
Speaker 3: I joined that like two years ago.
Speaker 4: There's only been a new series on now that everyone's loving because it's the All Stars season. And I posted in the I said my top three Gabby, Bruce, Lucille who is too cocky?
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Gabby, Bruce and Lucille are not contestants, so then I don't watch it. I incited some sort of war. Vicky Frost said, who are those three, and I said, well, Gabby is the seafood master, Bruce is dessert, and Lucille, well not quite sure what she's good at.
Speaker 7: So you're just trolling Master Chef fans of your fake account.
Speaker 4: Then someone said moiracoats said do you need help mental house? A cup of strong coffee and a cold shower. And then I was quite mean and said no more. I'm all good. You need something though, braces, Oh god, it's not nice. And then she went back at me. She had to go at me. She made a Shrek joke. She said, Shrek is wondering where you've got to. Your side of the better is cold?
Speaker 7: Come back and she's not even looking at photos of you. No have their own identity, thank you.
Speaker 4: And then and then someone commented saying, keep it nice, ladies, So then I replied, I agree, and then my out was I'm so sorry I've made an error. I actually mean the Indonesian Master Chef I'm watching. I said, sorry, it didn't mean to cause a fight. Then Princess Fiona piped.
Speaker 3: Up Master Chef Indonesia.
Speaker 4: There I did google it to make sure. And then everyone with everyone who's commented sorry sorry, because they're being mean, and then when I said I met Master of Indonesia, they will all apologized, as if Luciale would be on Master Chef Indonesia the other name Bruce.
Speaker 8: I'm at Buggy Bruce, Bike Bike, Saja, Gabby, Bruce and lucial That's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I have a lot of fun I really do. Shit that's funny.
Speaker 7: Put in ready to laugh at your own jokes? Are you? I remember the day my dad told me I was probably nine years old, and he goes, oh, You're not meant to laugh at your own jokes, and I'm like, why the fuck wouldn't. I'm so good.
Speaker 4: Back next week, episode thirty one. I don't really know what we're doing.
Speaker 7: I already told you I was calling all right Hey to tell him I think he's a cun after posting slanderous content that offended me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your memory I've already forgotten.
Speaker 4: Anyway, brilliant show you know what.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: Good to be back, and I will be real. I missed you and I actually sent you a message me saying I missed you. Didn't I?
Speaker 7: Yeah, But here's the thing. You sent that on a Monday, and we usually record on a Wednesday and I said, this is a very normal amount of time for us to go without seeing each other. I think I saw you on the Friday, and then no, you saw me on the Wednesday that we recorded, and then you messaged me on the Monday, be like miss you And I was like, we always go this long without thing each other.
Speaker 4: Yep, but I didn't get a message. I I miss you too.
Speaker 7: I made that same observation to you that I was like, like, missy too, Like this is normal.
Speaker 4: You did say that from memory. I just I was missing it. I really was. Just before we go one more time, I'll just check.
Speaker 2: That you have zero missed calls.
Speaker 4: Something's wrong with that. I should have nothing to check because it should have been working. People would have missed me for sure. That's random.
Speaker 7: Well, anyway, we're about to go, so we'll catch you guys next week. I'm going to make this observation.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: We did not get one tweet. It was very pleasant, not one live tweet that whole a to D brief. But it's too late. Now we're gonna go. Thanks guys for listening.
Speaker 9: Bye, No, don't do it.
Speaker 4: Someone's fucking deleted it again. You have done it, haven't you?
Speaker 7: No, I told you I didn't do it, and also I love that you forgot to fix it because this has happened before. No onely we got no live tweets. You forgot to there's no sound effect. People who listen to episode twenty eight have already been through this.
Speaker 3: Who you fucking leading?
Speaker 7: I said it wasn't me.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna play one that you hate just.
Speaker 7: As your child.
Speaker 4: All right, next week I'll have it fix because there's some sort of problem everyone. There's not a sound there's no a sandffix misic, a soundfix don't exist. It's a live tweet button function on the desk. It's a website sound Oh.
Speaker 7: My apologies, oh god, understanding, there's no sound effect.
Speaker 4: It'll be fixed next week. We'll talk to the text. See, guys, is.
Speaker 3: It just me? Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app
Speaker 2: Or follow on Spotify