Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: This podcast by a couple of mitchell don't suck it up? Hello, everybody, Welcome to Drag Race Debrief. Hello Mitchell Kers he's not here, doctor's orders rest for days. Mitchell Coombs isn't here. He's ill, so he won't be here for the episode. Very sad, but listen, we're very excited to bring you the eliminated queen from this week's episode of Drag Race Down and our season two. I love this episode and it's kind of weird. I didn't really talk to Mitch about what I'd say, but if I give my opinions, there's no one here to refute it. So I think I will win drag Race Down under season two, don't you Well, if there's no one to contest it, I guess it's true. I think I will win. No, it's a great episode. We of course lost spoiler alert three to one Beverly Keels. Beverley's gone. She was eliminated and devastated by that, to be honest, but it was a great episode, a bit of drama. To be honest. I think we saw Hannahkonda rise to the cream of the crop. She's the top of the litter. Now she's now my new pick to win. I will say, here are queen cong I don't think Spanky Jackson's going to get there. But you know, this is technically a debrief podcast, so I had to give some notes on the show. Otherwise, as I live and brief, let's get her on eliminated. This week it's Beverly Kills. How i'd babe, Welcome to.
Speaker 1: The show, though, morning, how are you?
Speaker 2: No? It's not morning? Is that? How long you've been doing press? You think your time zones are out of way?
Speaker 1: I worked on drag time and this is the start of my ninety five Oh true.
Speaker 2: I guess you'll work late into the day, so this is this is your nine am rise and grind.
Speaker 1: For waking up at noon. That's part of my natural process.
Speaker 2: That's me too. We're nocturnal. I wake up, I do the night shore, so I work. I work late. So I get it. I have the life of a drag queen. And actually I want to talk to you obviously about the show. That a help, But I had an epiphany on the weekend. I came up with my own drag name.
Speaker 1: Beverly Spell.
Speaker 2: It hit me, so I have been trying to Mitchell Coombs obviously who you know. Yeah, and you did a comedy show with Mitchell Combs in Brisbane.
Speaker 1: Yeah we did. Yeah, it's called the Switch Up. So it's like the drag queens do comedy and the Communians do drag.
Speaker 2: Oh, let you switch that that I get the name? Yeah, that checks out, very smart. Well, Mitchell came up with his, which is feral Streep. Well, I think is a great, dreadful bit perfect exactly right.
Speaker 1: So mine as like Spanky Jackson, you know, yes, disgusting and just but so fabulous, like they come.
Speaker 2: From the same universe. Yeah. I came up with mat on the weekend. It hit me while I was shopping. My drag name will be m Bellish. Did you get it? Like I'm Embellisher, like all I just really embellish stories.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: But it's terrible.
Speaker 1: I love it now because drag is everywhere at the moment. What's happening now is that people are just like just like pointing at nouns and then naming themselves right the now, Like my name's car and board box, right, what are you? My name is red Bull? Can if you just in like the but it.
Speaker 2: Well, Embellish, like her name is Amelia Bellish or Emily Bellish.
Speaker 1: I think Amelia Bellish is hilarious.
Speaker 2: Oh and then everyone calls me EMBELLI is that? Is that what I need to do?
Speaker 1: Okay for sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, oh I get it all right? See see this is why I needed a pro to guide me through the process. A million Bellish. All right, let's talk about you, because I do not have a drag career. I was so sad to see you go. You were so great on the show and your looks I think, to be fully honest, you're a guy was up there, but you were definitely topping. You're a guy, which you know is a dream come true for many Your runway looks were so amazing, like they were truly did you make those? How did you get those? Like? Did you work with someone in Brisbane?
Speaker 1: Yes? They did so. The person who made most of my costumes the name is Mandy Moobs. She's my drag sister. She was so more of like a drag auntie to me. To be honest, you know, she's the sort of person that you can go to and be like, Hi, I have a a thing and I need you know about twelve fully realized costumes made in about a month's time. And I know it's the peak of omicron at the moment covid Stone, but I think you really need to do this, can you know? For me? And she was like, well, it's such a shame because I almost was about to make some costumes for myself. But I don't need to make them for myself anymore. She she got close.
Speaker 2: That, oh I get it. Oh.
Speaker 1: She was like, oh, maybe maybe I could get on because you know they, you know, everyone auditions. She was like, maybe maybe for me. So I came to her being like, would you maybe be able to help me with this? And she was like, I'll be cranky.
Speaker 2: But yes, nicely. She didn't sabotage you like make the scenes right.
Speaker 1: She wanted to, like, you know, ruin my chances so she can get on. She did like the so we we like we'd sit together and we'd like figure out sketches and look at designs and try and figure out like what fits the theme, but is also like in my own brand, I suppose. And then on top of that, so she would do all the sewing and then I do all the crafting, so all of the head pieces and the stony and like the you know, prosthetics and things like that. So you just so many people in Brisbane. You've got like hair people or prosthetic people or jewelry people. Yeah, you just got to go to your community. And I was the first in Brisbane, so everyone was very very excited to help out.
Speaker 2: You represent a Brisbane well, especially in the All the Jude too, especially in this this last episode we had to do like the tourism commercial, which I thought, I thought yours was very funny. Who were you Bindi Irwin's lesbian sister or Dike cousin.
Speaker 1: I was Cindy Irwin, bindiow AND's lesbian sister. And it's funny because everyone thought like I was like punching down to lesbians. But they cut all of my lesbian jokes out and I was like, no, just give me.
Speaker 2: Some of the lesbian jokes. Can I have some of the blocked it out?
Speaker 1: They're like, al, I've kept all of my drags. They're on a folder over there. So I might do like a like a dramatic reading one day.
Speaker 2: My god do a spoken word drag show. Just sit on a chair with a microphone and a glass of water and deliver the lesbian jokes. I'd pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one day in the future I share them, but not just yet.
Speaker 2: I hold on for a while underluck and key smart move Bev. I also I love saying Bev. That's just my canteen lady in primary school. Her name was Bev. And any time I think Hannah called you Bev a lot in the competition, I just I died because Bev like a woman named Bev in Australia. It's just so good.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because like Beverly Kills, like the name I think is quite cool, Like it's like cool edgy, it's fun. But like Bev is such a.
Speaker 2: Like it's the literal antithesis.
Speaker 1: Of myself, like Trudy or something like that. Does it just doesn't have the same.
Speaker 2: Like wander Yeah, yeah, yeah, it doesn't doesn't hit. Now let's talk about your run on the show. So runways on fleek every week that like that your arc in the competition was so interesting. Obviously it all came to a head in this latest episode that sent you home. But what I found really really lovely was a the way Spanky Jackson sort of guided you through at the end, which you know, I think we should see more of in the queer community, which is, I don't want to say queiz another generation, but you know, older queens helping and supporting the younger queens. I mean, was she like that for you the whole competition or a real sort of rock for you?
Speaker 1: She really was. I honestly didn't really get to know Spanky very well until those like later episodes, like we just we didn't really cross paths, to be honest, and only to the later episodes, so I realized, like, Wow, Spanky's like a really special a really special person, and like she showed me a lot of grace when I really really needed it, and yeah, I'm just I'm always so grateful for her. Wow.
Speaker 2: Well we saw Mini say spanking for the win, and then Uri said spanking for the wind. What is Spanky doing that the other queens aren't. Is she just so fun to be around?
Speaker 1: She is fun and like she was the last person like it was it was a competitive environment, but she didn't treat it as such. You know, she was having a really nice time still winning lots of challenges and doing very well, but she didn't treat it like a competition at all, you know, and I did the opposite. I was ultra competitive and one nothing, and she would have switched it around.
Speaker 2: You know, do you regret how you played the competition? Because it's one of those things like you know when you play an for the first time and you're terrible, like you don't play it well, but then the second time around, you're always so much better because you've had one go at it. Do you think you do better now having already done it once?
Speaker 1: My All Stars campaign has already started, babe?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like yeah, it was like it was funny because you know again you know, they're like, oh, you're still like, you know, you yet to learn so many things, and I'm like, I feel like I'm learning like ten years of drag experience into like a three week period, like they crown everything in and I'm like, whoa, so I've gotten back. I'm literally like I don't even recognize the queen on TV anymore because it was it's a different person. Yeah, Like, you know, I've only been doing drag for three and a bit years and because of that, you know, my since from now, since Drag Race, that's like thirty percent of my drag career. Yeah, and then another thirty percent was in COVID in lockdown. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Like I really like trying to I always try to give us some credit there because I'm like, I'm learning a lot and you have to learn it so quickly.
Speaker 2: Totally, and you're magnified and and A it's a competition, right, so you're all trying to like make each other slip. You all want to beat each other, and then b you're trying to work out who you are. It's I can imagine it would be like a pressure cooker of emotions, which is how all the Queen Kong stuff came about. And were you guys actually as tense as it kind of looked on screen? Or are you guys all good now?
Speaker 1: Oh we're fine now? She was literally literally twelve hours ago at three three in the morning, we were at the balcony of my local club having a drink together. So like, yeah, alswere and Mini was there too. Ironically, the three most polarizing people of the season sitting together on a balcony just drinking and laughing our heads off.
Speaker 2: Oh I should have got a photo, like all just sipping martinis, like laughing.
Speaker 1: I think I heard that, Mini, but I think we were like we were just too drunk at that point to really fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, fair and deservedly. So you guys have had a long season and have you did you enjoy it though, like you don't look back on it and go, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I had the best time ever. Like what a dream to get to do something like that. You know, I always say, like, you know, experience can't buy it and money can't buy it. So it's just sometimes it's just luck and sometimes you fit the of the cast and sometimes you don't. And the fact that I got on was just like it meant the world that I got to just have a go at something so so so special and so cool. It was just such a privilege.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's not many Aussie RU girls, you know, you're part of a very small club.
Speaker 1: Now no, well you know one of twenty yeah twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah if that. Now, what about the interaction with Rue, because that was wasn't as like intimidating as it looked, because I know, BEV sliding down into a chair, don't fall off, don't because I mean that looks so intense. And what do you say to Rue Paul when he's like questioning your personality and your life and who you are and where you're at and the whole Murial's wedding of it all that would have been terrifying. Bev.
Speaker 1: Well, I look back on the episode and he said, he's like, I wonder if because he's a handsome boy, he hasn't really understood that. So I think that might just be RuPaul's really like strange way of flirting with me and accept it.
Speaker 2: Well, who's an open relationship, so you never know, maybe you could be.
Speaker 1: He loves an Australian apparently, so you know.
Speaker 2: Would you ever sleep with all? That'd be weird?
Speaker 1: Did I just?
Speaker 2: Yes? I think it's a valid question.
Speaker 1: Everybody the season drag.
Speaker 2: Could get it. I put you in a compromising position.
Speaker 1: I really have okays like a lot. He seems like a lovely man with great family, friendly moral Yes, your question, I would not. I love my boyfriends all right.
Speaker 2: Right right? Okay, Well on that note, before I let you go, Mitchell Coombs had kill me if I didn't ask you. We ask all our guests. Okay, So it's a list that we've been compiling for years. We ask every one of our everyone that comes on the show. We've asked Faux, We've asked a brave Minnie Cooper. You're a guy. The question is Beverly kills a list of things better than drugs and dick because we have a lot of young listeners and we want them to know that there's more to life then partying and boys. So, for example, your guys did a good, good hangover day in bed. Minnie Cooper says, hey, you account, She loves hey. You came up, came art, sushi maker. Is what Faux first said. What would you like to add to the list?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, okay, I love this. Drugs or dick? Um okay. Sort of similar with yuries. Do you ever like pre plan having a hangover? So you give you so you get your things like your power aid and your fruit and your water. So when you wake up and a barocca and it's all just sitting on the bedside table for you, and you look at yourself. This was me yesterday morning, hung to the bung yes, drunk as a skunk, like absolutely take all the water out of my system, so hungover, and I look at my bedside table and my water and my barocca and my fruits just sitting there and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: Thank you, pasself, thank you. Yes, I do that all the time. But I have Baroka to Baroka and a hydra light in a glass of water. And then I always order myself Maca's hash around like a hash brand to stake everything up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and be thankful for your pasself, you know, okay, setting setting yourself up for a big night out and then just like being so knowing you're going to get absolutely obliterated, but looking after yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, meal prepping for the hangover. I love it. That is literally Beverly Kills. You're a superstar. I can't wait to see you at the finale viewing. I will see you, I'll give you, I'll give you a big hug. And I'm truly well done on the season. You should be very proud of supporting the and representing the Juice sou Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait to mention. We'll get to do it well, we'll get so drunk that we have to have brooker in the morning as well. Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh, and we'll preplan it. Yeah, we'll plan it out. It'll be Beverly Kills, it'll be Amelia Bellish and Feral Street reunited stream all right, so thank you for coming on. All right, that's Beverly guys here at Drag Race Debrief. Don't forget. We will be back next week for the second last edition of dd DO Drag Race Debrief. Otherwise you can get a main episode in your feed Is It just Me on Monday or Sunday night for the little Instagram live listeners. We love you. My predictions just so it's you know, out there and on the record. I think we're going for a Hannaconda win and a Spanky Jackson runner up. That's the gut, that's the feeling, and we'll see if I'm right. All right, thank you for listening, guys. Mitchell Coombs get better, Dylan, We'll see you next week. Is It just Me? You can follow the show online, just search a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: If you don't, you're a dickhead.