Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. All right, let's get into today three topic Tuesday. You could be winning an instant one thousand dollars on any show. We always give it away every week thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick. If we hear a great story, we give it to you straight away one thousand dollars in cash for an instant call.
Speaker 1: Of the week.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we're talking about bizarre injuries and we want more of these stories. After the show yesterday Paul Andrea Jane AJ snapped attend and wiping the laundry bench and actually where I spent for six weeks.
Speaker 1: Bizarre injuries, ryl.
Speaker 2: I ripped my bicep from my shoulder going to the toilet. Which heart do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Well? A backside right?
Speaker 2: Abby Schlink dessiccated her knee getting out of the shower. Ah. Yeah, And then we had this one yesterday from Anna.
Speaker 3: So I displicated my knee sneezing. I had sneeze so I did like a half body turn so I wouldn't sneeze on food, and my knee displicated and I just went down like on the ground. And then my toddler daughter comes around the corner.
Speaker 4: She says, Mummy, why are you on the floor.
Speaker 1: So your stories are bizarre injuries.
Speaker 2: Give us a call O four seven five three one oh four three, and I really hope we get stories for this next one today. Yesterday I get a message from a ten year old boy telling us that when he was fined, do you remember he's going so quickly on his bike, somehow came off the bike and got he got wedged in his own bike. It's a handlebar, handle bar and the wheel and that's what he got wedged. So today in memory of the Great and he's fine, by the way, he's not saying memory like he's no longer with.
Speaker 1: Us, Harry mclauchy. He's now tens. He's living his best.
Speaker 2: Ever life the back his five agonyving wedged for quite some time. He said, I want more stories about people being wedged.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 2: Are you a wegend? That's a wedge legend. We're looking for wedgends today on the show, Oh four seventy five three one oh four three. In fact, I say this, first person who calls him with a great wedgend story, I'll give one thousand dollars to. I'm only going to give that our one thousand dollars call this week for a wedge story to a wedgend Christian O'Connell Show Gone Podcast. Thank you very much to Carolyn Davis. Christian hearing these amazing stories about dogs who go wandering off somewhere Google the store, about Max, the Great Pyrenees dog who escaped his home to walk five miles to a store that once served him a great breakfast burrito. Now you give me a hot lead like that, I have just printed off this story the team of Busy taking your course. I've just gone to the printer and already highlighted this incredible story. Now I've never known the John the Pyrenees beautiful looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah Americans call him a rima Yeah, beautiful looking door headline.
Speaker 2: Then I found dog travels five miles alone in the dark to get burrito.
Speaker 1: Max, a five year.
Speaker 2: Old Great Pyrenees from South Gota, was once given a burrito so good it sparked an epic return journey.
Speaker 1: We've all done this.
Speaker 2: Later night, Monchi set in Whether You're Human or Canine? Max left his home seemingly in search of a free burrito he'd previously been given weeks before from a nearby convenience store. I say nearby, it's five miles away. Wow, So then look at his GPS tracker. He walks across fields for five miles. Ten k They open up the garage door. Max are gone and in barks on a two hour journey into town where he went to this convenience place where he once got a breakfast burrito.
Speaker 1: It was shucked because for the time he got there it was four am. He waited for five.
Speaker 4: Hours there parac to open.
Speaker 2: This is our new patron saint of the show. Max the Great Pyrenees waiting for hours for a burrito legend. And if you've had a great burrito, you remember where you got it from.
Speaker 1: You often fantasize about going crossing fields together. It one of Max.
Speaker 2: That's a great photo of Max there Now, I don't know is that a photo. Max is looking happy? In my mind, that's just after he's had that burrito.
Speaker 1: That's the happiest dog I've ever.
Speaker 2: He's got a tummy full of Brita right now, I can't stop thinking about getting a burrito. No, that's why Mexican places open twenty four to seven. Max Uber eats my friend. It's there for all of us, all right. So we're looking for your stories of bizarre injuries and have you ever been wedged? Christian? The injury itself wasn't bizarre, but the aftermath was. I desiccated my eyeboy falling down the stairs a high sense arena at a church conference.
Speaker 1: My mum made me go to.
Speaker 2: They have parents there, paramedics there who wanted to take me to a hospital, but my mum wouldn't let me to get a put back in plaints because she said God will sort this out. Oh no, you got this one.
Speaker 1: God, hurry, g Man's got this off.
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 1: Flapping around, mom, God's testing You ended up popping it back in myself?
Speaker 2: Did you Mekaida or did God do that?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: The great physio in the sky. This is amazing from knowing bizarre injuries. I boke my humorous burying the goldfish. It was pouring down in rain and the goldfish had to be buried.
Speaker 1: After the funeral. I slipped down in the moment and felt really hot.
Speaker 2: I had to later in the rain until the amposts are right forty minutes later.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's terrible book. Kind of.
Speaker 2: We got to talk this week about pet funerals, about a goldfish one when the kids were a lot younger. Christian my friends got their leg wedged in between two planks on my balcony. I never laughed so hard in my entire life. Christian, I got wedged in a plastic high chair in a pub. My best to you other thirty years after listen to this, My best year after a few after my best year of other thirty years after a few.
Speaker 1: Drinks, challenged me to get into a high chair we saw in the corner.
Speaker 2: Yes, not like a kid's high chair, Christian, I got in.
Speaker 1: I could not get out.
Speaker 2: Three strangers how to how unwedged me from a child? I was forty three? We hoisted out. The whole pub was staring and filming it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can never go back. There must be photos of video. That is amazing.
Speaker 2: Carry that's great, Sue, Good morning, good morning, Good morning, Sue. Welcome to the show. So you're our first wegend to call the show. You've got a store about being wedged sue. What happened?
Speaker 5: Oh well, years ago when I was at primary school, a boy called Brian, which you don't hear of that name very often now through my press scene on the floor and they had Uni six or not AY six, but Uni desktops, which is one desktop for two people, and I couldn't get down.
Speaker 4: To pick it up.
Speaker 5: So I sort of witged myself in and I couldn't get out, and always worried about Brian and throwing my plastic scene on the floor, and the head master had to come and get an axe. About twenty minutes later he shocked me out.
Speaker 2: None of us had an our Bingo show card today axe.
Speaker 5: And I was so scared because I was five years of age, scared, scared.
Speaker 2: Now someone takes an axe to something I'm trapped in and he.
Speaker 5: Had the name of Brian, which was even worse.
Speaker 1: What are the odds?
Speaker 2: So Brian threw the past scene on the phone. Then the head master is of Brian as well?
Speaker 5: No, no, well we had to move Brian away from me.
Speaker 1: There's anyone.
Speaker 5: He chopped the seat away so that I could unwish myself there.
Speaker 1: Well do head masterses have axes?
Speaker 2: It? What a country only in Australia.
Speaker 1: This is an axe problem.
Speaker 2: It's just swinging it through the playground on his way there.
Speaker 1: So the boss has an axe, yes, she says, hanging above.
Speaker 2: And that's how you actually get axed.
Speaker 1: It's actually physically acted.
Speaker 5: I think I took him so long. You had to go down to the fire department. What you had to go to the fire department, bring them up and get them to come around with an ax.
Speaker 1: Go somewhere where you're going to go backwards to go forward. But if he calls the fire department, surely let the fire people. The fireman, yes, cut it. Not the headmaster.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: That was when they were sitting back in there, the little officers, I think, And they didn't. It wasn't really a big.
Speaker 1: Just pencil pushes exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, So lovely story. Thank you very much to calling.
Speaker 4: Okay, bye to my rear.
Speaker 1: Make a note down your stories involving axes. We got Chris. Good morning, Chris. Always a joy to hear from. I hope you well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks man. Morning guys. I've got a wedging please. It was a night before my first wedding and we were getting married up in the bush at a campsite that had bungalows and stuff like that for people stay at. So the night before the wedding, bridal party, families, or four o'clock in the morning, all the groomsmen decided, let's go and play hide and feet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that well known and well known part of any kind of wedding, the group hide and seek. I've known a couple of guys that are still hiding right now.
Speaker 4: It's the journey from boy command. Basically, everyone's off hiding and then we just start hearing someone yelling for help. So sort of converge and realize that my brother has tried to sneak underneath one of the bungalows through the little middle steps that went up up to the door, but he got his head through, couldn't get his shoulders through. Then the head was in, couldn't pull the head out. Basically, after the you know, five minutes of just killing yourself laughing, Yeah, a couple of us had to climb up above his head without actually standing on that step obviously, and just sort of wedge flecked the steps just enough so you could squeeze his head out.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had a nice little cut on his ear for the wedding photos.
Speaker 1: That was very It's a good look for a guy. How did you get that? You know?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Chris, great story. Thanks very much for corn the show mate. Take care all right, all of your stories bizarre injuries and wedged stories.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Look and Feel Stories of bizarre injuries and also have you ever been wedged? Storm Hicks has been wedged? Head of a name there, Stormy Wicks. Christ When I was wedge, I had a Baltic pine four post bed. Sounds lovely. Yeah, get that pine details right as well. Don't just say pine. Let me know whether it's Baltic or not. I had a Baltic pine four post bed that was like three feet from the mattress to the floor. Very heavy. That's the Baltic clear lass. It's got to be heavy. I was cleaning my room and spotted a CRISP twenty dollar note under the bed, near the window underneath the bed, so I got on the mattress and start to slide my hand down. I slipped and got hold of the twenty dollar note. But then when I was oh, I'm stuck. I'd also just have breast implants put in and I have a round button. So I was stuck hanging there for about forty minutes, not feeling good, so I tried to turn end up hanging like a fish shook until my son popped in for a visit. Both fortunate, I guess, and unfortunate. Wow, what a sight for his mind?
Speaker 1: No, I have such a clean Yeah, we'll flush it for your mind.
Speaker 2: It's not for you to take those images home with you real to your private bedroom. After he finished laughing at me, he pushed a bed from the wall and I dropped to the floor. Storm, did you get the money? Great story, Storm Hicks, It's got to Lisa Now. Morning Lisa, Morning Lisa, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you. So my story is I was looking at a bank back in the eighties and I was on the old landline and I kicked my shoe off and I got my big toast stuck in the filing cabinet handle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they go up, don't they They go up?
Speaker 6: And then in yeah, correct, And yeah I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get it off, like.
Speaker 6: I just had to end up calling the fiery to cut it with them.
Speaker 3: A little saw, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like a child's one. Now file should get you out. I'm going to have you on your way, madam. Wow, Lisa, what a moment in your life that is? And what do you say when you call triple zero? I mean its you do need help, but it's kind of like it's not urgent, but I am stuck yet.
Speaker 1: It's kind of urgent, isn't it? You know?
Speaker 2: Lisa, thank you very much, the story mate, have a good day, you buy Hey, Jody, Hello Jody, Jody, Jody, and understanding there's some problems kind of call in. I don't know whether you're using our old number, but I got to get your story. You have to share your story today about being wedged.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm not only a wegend Christian, I am a forty wegend. So I'm at the Tigers game. I'm watching the footies. In between first quarter and second quarter break, I think off to the canteen. I come back. I climb over the seat. Now. I don't know if you know the seats flip up.
Speaker 1: Yes, so do I've done that many times? That move?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have hit the seat right in a sweet spot. It slipped up, bought my ankle in the seat. I'm sitting there literally crouching tiger hidden dragons.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Yes, I.
Speaker 3: Cannot get my foot out of this seat. Everyone around me laughing, not realizing I'm actually stuck. I said to my husband, you need to get First Day down here. I can't get out.
Speaker 1: Yes, a Venus flight track sea.
Speaker 3: Nothing. I couldn't even manipulate my ankle to sort of get it out. I'm stuck. So I'm sitting there twenty minutes to half an hour waiting for First Day, watching, watching the footy in stuck in the seat. Everyone around me like, what is she doing? They come, they get me out of this seat. I'm I'm stuck sitting there watching the footy for the rest of the day with my foot up on the seat in front of me with a knife pack. It gets better, Christian. We park at Crown Casino, three kilometer.
Speaker 1: Water that's ahead of at a good day.
Speaker 3: Two hours to get back to Crown Casino with my hobbling foot, my husband trying to carry me through the crowd. Getting back to Crown cac You know, oh my, I mean you are.
Speaker 2: I wanted a wedge legend. We found one, Jody, But you're a footy legend.
Speaker 3: I am the footy legend. That is me.
Speaker 1: Well listen, I said it.
Speaker 2: Whenever we hear a great story, we always give away one thousand dollars instantly for our Call.
Speaker 1: Of the week.
Speaker 2: Jody, that's year with this story. Well done, funny legends.
Speaker 1: It's a new thing started.
Speaker 2: It's trending now, Jody, great story, very very funny, very well told.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. You guys are awesome. Might listen to your show every morning.
Speaker 2: Bless you, Thank you very much. And Jody, what are you going to do with you one thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: A party mate, I'm gonna past.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: Can we all come? Let's party with Jody.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. I may share it with my husband. Cincy helped me back to Crown Casina.
Speaker 2: Didn't when you have you that much?
Speaker 1: I mean, go get the car and bring it up here. Drive that car.
Speaker 3: That's that's a very yeah.
Speaker 2: Give him nothing, he gets nothing donuts only, Jody, thanks so much for sharing the story.
Speaker 3: Welcome. Thank you so much, triician every.
Speaker 2: Week one thousand dollars for our Call of the week. We love your story, so we love giving you one thousand dollars. Like Jody there for that classic story. All thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick, Tax tax time is training time, and Mercedes Benz Errick gives them a goat
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast