Speaker 1: Hi guys, and welcome back to the final episode. Actually, janor it it's not so dramatic, Laura, it's the last episode we're ever doing.
Speaker 2: Ever, it's been fun. Goodbye. No, we've got to continue that Daily Mail. We'll take that. No one's gonna listen again.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not the last episode, but we're coming very close to the end of the year. It's the last structured episode that we're doing. We've got a few bonus episodes up our sleeve, but this is it twenty twenty one. Can go eat a dick?
Speaker 3: Hellow tell us what you really think. That is the end of the episode. Thanks for coming. It is almost Christmas. We actually, in our head said that we were going to have four to five weeks off. That's what we originally planned because we didn't really take any time off this year, Low.
Speaker 2: And Behold, and we've ended up with about two weeks.
Speaker 1: Brittany Hockley did go over season four and a half months, but let's not talk about that.
Speaker 2: Well, let's pretend like it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Yes, that doesn't take anything off the podcast. I still had to get up at three am to a podcast with you.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, when you're on the other side of the world actually does it. It's not conducive for having a holiday. When Britt was traveling, what she then had to do was record on our schedule, which meant she was up in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Love that for you, but you know what, I'm here for the people. Christmas is around the corner. Guys.
Speaker 3: We're super excited to take a few weeks off, but we are going to be sprinkling in a few bonus episodes. Sophiar not we will never ever leave you completely high and drive. But Laura, you are literally in two hours about to take off.
Speaker 1: For your Christmas Vaca forty five minutes. I'm supposed to be hard out at eleven am. We're about to get into like, guys, pray for me. When this episode comes out, I'll be halfway through a twelve hour drive.
Speaker 2: Is it to Brison? I don't know. We're breaking up.
Speaker 1: We're doing six hours today, going to end up in Coffs Harbor, and then we're going to do the rest of the drive tomorrow. But not only are we taking the two kids in the car, we're also taking the dog. It's gonna be a whole family affair. Matt is so angry, like we got up this morning to pack the car, and you know when he was already irritated, he was already angry for no reason. He's anticipating what the next two days or I should say two weeks are gonna be totally.
Speaker 2: So Bust is going with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had to pay. It's just too long, and he's part of the family. We can't do Christmas with our buster.
Speaker 3: No, you can't, Okay, So pray for Laura. She's got a hecta trip. What do you think is gonna happen once you hit the border? Do you think it's gonna be a lineup of hours to cross?
Speaker 2: Are they actually asking for vaccinations? What's going on?
Speaker 1: I don't want to anticipate it being any worse than what I already think it's gonna be. I don't think anybody wants to listen to the start of this episode of me being like, yeah, I'm gonna sit in the line for two hours? What are you guys doing for your Christmas break?
Speaker 2: Would? Do you know what the scary thing is? I'm flying to the Gold Coast.
Speaker 3: So I'm going up to the Gold Coast with my family, And it's so strict up there that if anyone on your plane has COVID, they put you as a close contact and if you were at the other end of the plane, and that means you have to quarantine for seven days. So that is I mean, that is a huge risk with how many people having COVID every single day.
Speaker 2: Now, I know, it's kind of like COVID roulette. It is roulette.
Speaker 3: It's like, do I sacrifice my fly? This is where I am today. I've only got a day to decide. Do I sacrifice my flight and just do the ten hour drive up as well.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one of the reasons why we're doing the drive. Just do it. You can take one of the kids and then we can Okay, I'm flying, you take a moola. Why do I get the little one? Why do I get the crying one?
Speaker 1: There's more dependent to be honest, She's a bit of a handful. But anyway, guys, we have a great episode for you today. We are coming in hot right to the finish line, and just to really spice things up, you know, like a spice Christmas pudding, We're giving you a whole episode on kinks and fetishes and fetishers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything sexy.
Speaker 1: We have Australia's most famous psycho sex sologists rejoining us today because Chantelle has actually done an episode with us in the past. It's Chantalotten and she is answering all of the questions that you guys had that we had around kinks and fetishes. We also have one of our own, a member of the lifelun Cut community. Her name is Nicky, and she likes to get down and get a bit kinky and was so open in sharing her stories around it. It's gonna be a great episode, so stay tuned.
Speaker 2: She has one.
Speaker 3: Very very specific kink which I'm not going to tell you about now, but I was so interested and I haven't heard anyone speak so freely about it.
Speaker 1: We ask all the hard questions and Nicky honestly does not hold back. But Britt, I have something I want to ask you because a bit of a weird time for us now, because Marley is almost three's two and a half, she's old enough to understand the concept of Christmas like she understands Santa. I don't know if she fully understands that Santa's coming on one night.
Speaker 2: Of the year.
Speaker 1: Guys, just a little editor's note on this one, I am about to talk about some things around Santa Claus that maybe aren't appropriate for little ears. And I know that some of you listen to this in the car with your kids, so if you want to skip ahead, I'll just skip ahead a few minutes. But also just a reminder, this episode is about kink, so it might not be the episode that you want to listen to in the.
Speaker 2: Car with the kids.
Speaker 1: But the more that we kind of sat down and talked about in Matt and I and we were like, how do we want to frame Christmas for our kids? Like what do we want the kids to grow up thinking and believing? And what do you want them to remember when they're older.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what you talk about when you're grown up.
Speaker 1: And obviously, like we all grew up believing in Santa Claus. Like we all grew up thinking, yeah, Santa was real, and then one day, maybe when we were seven, eight, nine, ten, we had our little hearts crushed.
Speaker 2: When we were four years old, we had our heart crushed. Do you remember when you found out that Santa wasn't real?
Speaker 3: I don't remember the exact moment, but I remember like there was no significant moment for me. But I remember I was probably about ten eleven. I think I was quite young. But we because I had my younger sister, there's four of us, you have to keep going. So my poor brothers were teenagers and they were still like Santa's coming.
Speaker 1: Do you know, I will never forget. I was like maybe seven or eight. I was at my cousin's house and it was my step cousin who my mum was married at the time, and her name was Veronica. And I remember Veronica and my coming to me and saying, Santa isn't real, Like you're an idiot if you believe in Santa? And I just remember my whole world just being like who am I? And it ran to my mom and I was like, Mum, tell me the truth. Is Santa not real? And she was like, yeah, nah, He's not real. Just traumatized.
Speaker 3: Do you know I have two older brothers. This is so funny. If they hear me tell his story, they're gonna die. My second oldest brother, Dane, he nearly got suspended from school because he got into a big punch up and my oldest brother had to tell him the truth. He got into a punch up at school because another kid told him that Santa wasn't.
Speaker 1: Real mate going on the fucking NAUGHTI list with that behavior, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, here, he is real. They've gone to a fight and they had a forum punch up for Dane. He's so loyal. He was defending Santa, and my brother had to be like, bro, like.
Speaker 3: I got I can't let you get into these school fights. Like, so that's how he found out.
Speaker 1: But I think that everybody, well no, I shouldn't say everybody. I think so many of us listening to this can remember the time that we found out that Santa wasn't real. Like it's a real pivotal part in your childhood. But something that I have a question for. So we've been okay, we've been doing the the groundwork on Sander's coming. He's bringing presents. Don't be naughty or you won't get anything. Why did Santa in every single movie that you've ever watched, in every single cartoon, in every single book, why does Sander go to the house drop off presents, then get on his slegh and fly away. Why doesn't he just delivered to the house next door, Like why does he go somewhere? So it seems very inefficient.
Speaker 2: I would like to.
Speaker 3: Ask the same thing about Australia Post.
Speaker 2: They throw it and they run. God knows where they go next. I actually wanted to.
Speaker 3: Ask you a question. It's probably not as deep and serious as your question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, I really do bring the hard hitting ones. It's too close to Christmas. I've done nothing serious going into my life.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about Christmas pudding? Great? I detest it. I detest the look, the texture, the smell, the taste.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why Christmas pudding has to be our national Christmas dessert.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean it's a bit of an ugly darkling. Like you don't you don't put it on the table and be like, look at the masterpiece that is boiled Christmas pudding. It's very nostalgic for me. My grandma always cooked it as a kid. She'd spend six hours cooking a Christmas pudding, which sounds like it would be dry as fuck, but she would boil it.
Speaker 3: But people also make them like a year in advance, put them in the cupboard and let them fester, and I'm like, it's like a cheese.
Speaker 2: I was like, you don't do the same thing. As cheese.
Speaker 1: No, I'm glad that we think the opposite on this, but a bit of custard on there, I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know what happened on Christmas? I'd love to hear if anybody else has these kind of stories. But just like a Christmas, I guess a Christmas is accidentally unfiltered. That's what I would like to hear from you guys, just out of interest.
Speaker 2: One year, I have.
Speaker 3: A really, really good friend that's Muslim. He does not drink alcohol. He has never drunk alcohol in his whole life because it's just not what they believe in. I'm talking not even a sip. He spent Christmas with my family one year and we knew what he could eat. We catered for him for drinking, food and everything. The desserts come out and I has said to my mom and Mom, I'm throwing you onto the bus. I had said to my mom, Mom, like, there's no alcohol in anything, is there?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: And She's like absolutely not. You know I know what it was, Yep.
Speaker 3: Anyway she puts she soaks the You know when you make a trifle and you have that like the bread at the bottom, what's it called it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's like a strange case. And you put like you we caught sucking the words. Yes, you put porn or you put sherry or something.
Speaker 3: He has soaked it in alcohol and just didn't even think for days and she puts it in. He eats it, he's like, this is delicious. Halfway through, I'm like, mom.
Speaker 2: This tastes like alcohol. He looks up. She looks at him. I look at him.
Speaker 3: There's a ten whye look across the table and he's like, did you just accidentally make me.
Speaker 2: Drink alcop for the first time in my life. He was thirty three years old and my mum ruined it for him. She was besides her.
Speaker 3: That was our Christmas accidentally unfiltered.
Speaker 2: That's a good she ruined all his beliefs. Anyway, if you guys have I just thought it was funny. I hadn't been thought of that until now.
Speaker 3: If you guys have any Christmas accidental filters, we'd love to hear them.
Speaker 1: Well, we wanted to keep this intro lighthearted. We were like, if we're coming into the end of the year, coming in hot for Christmas, nobody wants to hear about all the big bad and horrible things happening in the world. There's been a few, but one thing we did want to tell you, because this is a time of real change coming into the new year twenty twenty two, maybe we'll do a whole episode on New Year's resolutions that we never ever keep, but one because we do do that every year. Yes, we absolutely do, and we have never kept any of them. Do as we say, not as we do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: One thing I do want to talk to you guys about that is the iOS update on Apple. If you are an Apple user, you will be familiar with the fact that just recently, Apple has rolled out a new update and one of the weirdest, most unnecessary changes that they have made is moving the search bar on Safari to the bottom of the page.
Speaker 3: Apple needs to be put in the bin. Goodbye Apple. You are a little rotten fruit.
Speaker 2: I hope they don't ever want to sponsor the podcast. You are rotten fruit. You need to go in the bin. Why would you do this? I have a theory.
Speaker 3: They want people to feel like they're constantly doing things for improvement. They want people to feel like, oh, but look what we did this year. We did this, this and this and then because they.
Speaker 2: Charge extraortion rates.
Speaker 3: I think they're just trying to make people think that they are making improvements when all it's doing is sending people insane.
Speaker 1: Well also, like, I mean, I think that this is a true testament to the fact that we hate change. Like we talk about how we like change. We talk about that we like, you know, the exciting things that come with being able to have new opportunities and do new things. But at the end of the day, we all hate change. Any single time Instagram rolls out of change whatever it is, everyone hates it. Facebook hates it. These are free platforms that we don't pay anything for, but we get really angry whenever they change something about it.
Speaker 2: Controversial opinion. I love change. I love change. Do I like the update?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But change is like a whole I froth it.
Speaker 3: I've been the person that's like, I could move to another country tomorrow one hundred percent. You don't need to give me any warm up, lead up, you don't need to tell me any details.
Speaker 2: I could just turn up and roll with it.
Speaker 1: But if you move my search bar to the bottom of the apple. Okay, so this is my hot tip, and we put this up on our Instagram up on life on cut podcast. If you're not following, guys, it's full of gray life advice. Here is my hot tip. If you want to move your search bar from the iOS at the bottom of the phone back up to where it belongs in its rightful, glorious place at the top, all you have to do is go into Safari, hit the AA, and do it. Let's do with this in real time everyone. I actually have to open your phone.
Speaker 2: I'm in Safari.
Speaker 1: Open Safari, click the AA, which is next to the search bar.
Speaker 2: I don't even have that. Yeah, see the little A and then the game. I was looking at the top.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like at the very very bottom left, there's two capital letter as, one smaller one's big yeah. Press the very top one which says show top address bar. Press that and you are welcome.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you've just given it back to me.
Speaker 2: And it is just update.
Speaker 3: I hope we've changed some of your lives like you've just changed mine, Laura.
Speaker 2: You are very welcome.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, and we're going to bring you some accidentally unfiltered We love this section, but I am actually going a little bit rogue and I am bringing you a confessional.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: The reason I'm bringing you a confessional today is because it ties in very nicely with the conversation we had last week on Ask Guncut. If you listened, you will remember we spoke about a trade that absolutely destroyed Laura's toilet. Then we went to speak about pooping in rentals in terms of when you're viewing rentals.
Speaker 2: So we're going to an inspection.
Speaker 1: Like, is it okay to go and do a house inspection and use the toilet at the same time, and thinks it is, and we still will never agree on this.
Speaker 3: I had no, I don't think it is, but I'd rather do that than shat my pants.
Speaker 2: I have ready, Laura.
Speaker 3: I had so many people write to me saying, Laura has obviously never been in a position. So many people are saying, when you need to go, you need to go. Laura obviously has not experienced that. Otherwise you'd be like, you are exploiting.
Speaker 2: In that toilet.
Speaker 3: But this confessional has to do with that. When I was in my early twenties, my ex and I inspected an apartment by ourselves, the ones where the real estate gives you the keys and trusts you to be responsible adults.
Speaker 2: Well, we decided to be really.
Speaker 3: Responsible and have sex in the apartment.
Speaker 2: On all the floors and beds. We innocently returned to the keys and said the place looked really nice, but then we didn't even apply for it. Upon reflection, what the hell? Who does that?
Speaker 3: There is a time and a place, and I really don't think that was it anyway. Moral of the story, wipe all surfaces when moving into a rental because you don't know what or who has been getting it on. Also related to your story, I've noticed that while inspecting rentals, most of them don't have toilet paper anymore.
Speaker 2: I think pooping during.
Speaker 3: Inspection is far more common than you think that, or the previous tenants have locked on the toilet paper away because of COVID.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you god.
Speaker 3: I think that what I have done previously is very innocent.
Speaker 1: I like that you've made this whole episode about you and absolving your sins.
Speaker 3: Well, it makes me realize that I don't get off on going to rental infections and pooping.
Speaker 2: No, what things you do, it is not my kink lora, it is not my feti. But if it was, there's no shame here.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure that people have had sex at a rental inspections.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I received another confessional this week and one of our lovely listeners went to a Christmas party and had sex with a coworker on her boss's desk. And to that, I say, your sins are absolved to that ice solution.
Speaker 2: All right, I have a very funny accidentally unfiltered.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately they're always to do with toilets, but luckily this one has nothing to do with the human, more so with a dog.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies, boy, do I have a doozy.
Speaker 1: My dog has been a bit unwealthy past couple of weeks, and yes, this is a little bit gross, but he keeps having accidents during the day, like only a little bit, but holy hell, it smells unbelievably bad. So he took him to the vet the other day to have him checked out. And the vet is down in the business end inspecting my dog's backside. When the vet says, ah, yes, the issue is anal sex.
Speaker 2: I was shocked.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the hell? In my mind, I was actually like, what the fuck are you saying? My dog has not been having anal sex. I'm like a stage five dog mum and my dog is literally never alone, so I know my dog hasn't been getting the hanky panky on let alone in the backside. So I asked the vettie again, I'm sorry, what did you just say? And she looks me dead in the eye and says, it's because of your dog's anal sex. Now I was starting to feel a little bit flustered and judged, and also a bit angry, to be honest, like as if I'm just letting my dog run around the dog park having anal sex. I said, if it's best life, excuse me, I don't think that's correct. And the vet looked at me confused, and she says, well, if you would like, you can take him and get a second opinion. And I turn around I say so defiantly to the vet my dog has not been having anal sex. The vet looks at me and bursts out laughing anal secks. Your dog needs to get his anal sex expressed, doesn't bust I.
Speaker 2: Have to do every week? I am gone levitating to the.
Speaker 3: Skuy Oh great, hang on, I actually haven't ever asked you what do you have to do to busters butt every week?
Speaker 2: We don't need to talk about it. It's such a gross topic.
Speaker 3: Because I think a lot of this thing is probably more common. You have to express the anal glance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't, Sergeant. I take him to the vet and the vet does it? Do you? Yeah? Every week you take him to the vet. Every three weeks. I take him to the vet butt massage at anal massage. He's faking it. What's the attention on that note?
Speaker 1: I think that's the perfect segue for us to get into an episode on kinks.
Speaker 2: Let's chat to Chantelle on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Today we have Australia's most well known sex ologist, chanteal Otten, here to talk about all things to do with kinks.
Speaker 2: Chantelle, welcome to Life on Cut.
Speaker 4: Thanks, I'm excited to be back. I've missed you guys. I think it's been about a year or so, so I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 3: We had chantal on and it was so much fun and if you guys have not listened to that, you need to go back. It was very, very eye opening. But today is a little bit different. Today we're going to get kinky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm excited. Kink is such a good topic.
Speaker 1: So for anyone who doesn't know what is like, what is it to have a kink? What does it mean to have a kink? And is a kink different to a fetish?
Speaker 3: There were so many questions in that, Laura, Yes, yeah, let's start at the top and work our way back.
Speaker 4: Let me just get at my thesis. No, So, a kink is something that someone likes to do by themselves or consentually with a partner or multiple partners, that arouses them, that makes them feel you know, turned on, horny, and it's considered outside of the mainstream sexual activities, which you know, I mean, I don't know what really is considered mainstream anymore. I think that kinks are becoming much more mainstream, but they are a little bit different to fetishes. So a fetish is similar to a kink, but the difference is that a fetish must be present in order for the person to achieve sexual arousal. It has to be there in order for them to feel horny and feel turned on. A fetish could be something like people's feet, or like having sex in public. It could be like wearing a nappy, like an adult nappy, that kind of thing, And it's important to remember that you have to have it there in order for it to be considered a fetish.
Speaker 1: So for somebody who has a fetish, what you're saying is like they literally wouldn't feel aroused or turned on without actually having whatever that fetish is present. But someone who has a kink can get off in all different ways, but they kind of have this one thing that they like to.
Speaker 4: Do or multiple things. I mean, you can have a few. So kin can be like anything to do with BDSM, so bondage, dominance, masochism, saddism. It can be like, you know, dressing up in a certain outfit or different outfits. It could be, you know, spanking each other, or it could be, yeah, having sex outdoors. It's just a kink. You don't need it to be there in order to get aroused, but definitely for or someone who has a fetish, they needed to be there.
Speaker 3: So you did just say something interesting. You said, kinks are starting to become more mainstream.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that is?
Speaker 3: Do you think that is just because we're seeing more speaking.
Speaker 2: About it more. Do you think that this is why more.
Speaker 3: People starting to talk more openly about their personal experiences.
Speaker 4: It's really interesting because for a really long time, topics such as kink and fetishes were really not talked about, and it wasn't until twenty ten that the World Health Organization and the United States basically said that fetishes and BDSM were just terms wide umbrella terms for different interests. And before that they were considered pathological. You were considered to be quite sick if you were engaging with that. You know, people lost jobs for engaging in kink. You know, parents were declared unfit to be parents if they were talked about engaging in these practices. And I think also so like in movies, we really saw that it was like the bad guy that had a kink or the bad guy that wanted to engage in these kind of practices. I think shows like Billions Yes, can show us that. I also find that you see that it's usually millionaires and billionaires I considered to be like kinky. It's like a hidden, dark secret, kind of like fifty shades of gray, of course, and then that like cult show where there's the guy he's a serial killer, he's like a narcissist, and he's engaging in these kind of practices. So it's really seen as like this taboothing. I think they're in fifty shades of gray. That's when I when I saw a lot more people talking about kinks and fetishes, and that's where you can see sales from sex toys in that area, you know, paddles, whips, handcuffs, et cetera, really increase. Now because these products are more available and we are talking about them in general, I think that they're becoming much more mainstream. In fact, people are just saying, yeah, I love or I just like to do this. They're not even labeling it in a certain way, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: So was there a big correlation? I mean, like it's probably obvious and I should have looked it up. Was there a big correlation between sales of these toys after fifty Shades of Gray?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So Lohaney has fifty Shades of Gray range and Tracy Cox, who wrote fifty Shades of Gray is the co owner of that, and it goes incredibly well and.
Speaker 2: Is now a billionaire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's fuck lighted. Why didn't we write those books? Why didn't we lead out dirty Minds? I mean we were probably ten women came out or whatever.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about the sort of scale of what can constitute a kink. You sort of said, you know, spanking, on one end of the spectrum, But like, what does the scale look like for when we're talking about what a kink is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think it's more individualized. So something that might be considered really kinky for you might be considered super normal for me. So we can't actually put it on much of us. We actually just have to look at it with more of an open minded curiosity. I think that if we were to look at it in more of it like a scale type of things, we would see things like pain kind of coming up towards the higher end of the scale. I would also consider things that are illegal to be up that high end as well. So these are things that need to be very much negotiated so that they don't cross any boundaries and that there is consensuality within these practices as well. I would say though, that the king community has the best practice of consent that I can see as a sex educator, because they know they have to be safe with these practices because if they step over the line, they can really hurt someone or cause damage as well that might be with like choking or spanking, or crossing boundaries or creating trauma. So there is a huge amount of discussion around consent within these boundaries too.
Speaker 1: When you say something that could be illegal, what us some types of kings that maybe really push that end of the spectrum.
Speaker 4: That's a really good question. For example, when you want to display yourself, for example, it's like voyeurism, or you want to show off what you're doing from an erotic point of view, that might be like touching yourself, and it might be in public. For example, I remember being really young and a man riding his bike past me and stopping and pulling open his jacket and he was naked underneath. So that is illegal. You can't do that. You have to engage in an audience of some sort, go to a sex party, go to you know, a group sex situation where that is appropriate, or you know, say to your sexual partner like, hey, just satting you know, I'm going to be in the park at this time. You're the only person I'm showing this too, for example. But a lot of the times this becomes quite an intense feeling for that person that they need to engage in this. From this we're talking about like from a fetish level, they need to do this. A king is more like can they can choose to do it if they want to. Another thing that could be illegal is, for example, if you have like a little kink, like maybe you want to wear a nappy, and wearing a nappy in front of someone and talking about how you like to wear that and how it makes you feel can be organized with it like an erotic partner. If you try to do it, for example, in a therapy session with me, that would be considered illegal because you're having a sexual interaction with me and I don't actually know that you're doing that.
Speaker 2: Got you okay?
Speaker 3: How common is it for you as a therapist in this industry? How common is it that people come to you wanting to explore kings or confused about if they're into something and how to go about it. Like for all the things people come to see for, what sort of a percentage do you think kinks is. I know that's a hard one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard for me to defind how many. I think that It's actually not as high as what I usually see because I think people embrace it a lot more than not. They don't feel like it's much of a problem. People only come to see me when they're really distressed or whether they you know, maybe they don't know how to tell their sexual partner or be single with this kind of kink that they want to practice in. So I would say maybe like thirty percent come with a specific concern around kink or question, But most of my patients like engage in kink anyway, in some sort of form, probably usually on the lower scale form. Some of them are just coming to negotiate how they feel. You know, if.
Speaker 1: Somebody realizes that they have a kink, that maybe this is something that's new to them, or you know, it's been a desire that they've had for a while, but they haven't really.
Speaker 2: Explored it yet.
Speaker 1: How would you suggest somebody goes about bringing it up with their sexual partner or goes about actually initiating in kink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think the first thing that needs to happen is there needs to be an understanding of why they want to engage in that. You know, what does it feel to them, what does it mean to them, what does it mean to their imagination, their fantasy they're eroticism, you know. I think it's also like, is it a non negotiable for a lot of people. It's not, But for a lot of people as well, they go, well, I need my sexual partner to be open to me sharing my interest with them, and I think that that's really healthy. We cannot expect our sexual partners to immediately be accepting off all the things that we want to do in the bedroom. We just have to say something along the lines of hey, babe, like I want to add a little bit of variety into our sex life. And I've been thinking I really want to look at doing a bit of medisam. I was thinking I'd really like if you spanked me a little bit, or maybe we could try more anal play or using a strap or something. So you bring it up in a light way. I tend to encourage people not to do it in the bedroom. It's better to do it outside the bedroom. Maybe like when you're driving. I think if you've got a penis owning partner something or they're like a little bit kind of looking out the window, they can own off a little bit is good and not like a high pressure situation.
Speaker 3: So don't get into the bedroom and just like whip out a strap on so surprised we're doing some pegan baby.
Speaker 2: Don't walk out?
Speaker 4: Would this strap on on? Unless you know your partner's into it.
Speaker 3: Do not run at your partner with a strap on under any circumstances.
Speaker 4: Don't just wake them up tap on the shoulder, just trap off, rub it on their back. Nah. I think it's more like you need to also understand that they might be like, oh, and I don't know. Just say to them. You don't have to answer me now, but I just want you to consider it. And they might go okay, well how would that work? And you you have to be able to explain or say, I don't know, actually, but I saw this post on it, you know, maybe on Chintel Speed, or I've read an article about it somewhere, or the girls on Life on Cut we're talking about it and I'm really interested. And then you can do research together and you go slow, you ease into it. Don't pretend that you're an expert if you're not, you know, make sure that you take your time. And of course you have to say how you're going to negotiate boundaries, what is the how are you going to express that you're consenting, and how are you going to be able to express or ask for ongoing consent? So it has to be touching base. Quite often when you're starting with these things. It's only people who are experts that can say, hey, babe, like you don't need to you don't need to ask for consent for this, but my safe word is pineapple for example. That's when you have to stop.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, that's where we see in like Fifty Shades of Gray. You know, they really drove home the consent and the safe word. So do you think that's actually a really good idea? That's not something for the movies? This safe word? Say it at the start. Pick your word, pick your fruit, Pick your poison.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent. Pick your fucking fruit, babe. Pick your fruit. Doesn't have to be plainable, that would per you're not going to use it on you, but you have to use it to stop it.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what if in the instance that your kink is being gagged and tied and you aren't able to do verbal consent, Well, that is.
Speaker 4: Really thinking this No, it's true, no, no, no, it's true true true yeah.
Speaker 1: And I feel like consent can come in more than just a verbal form. So how would you recommend in those instances somebody goes around being able to give appropriate ongoing consent throughout the experience of what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so something like having like a ribbon in your hand or being able to wave your hand if you're not tied up. If you are trying things like gagging, I wouldn't recommend that you go straight into being tied up as well. I think you have to go slowly. So tied up for maybe put the gag on, but then the person who is being dominant has to really engage and be very aware of the person's body movements if they are gagged, something like pausing and going like do you still like this? Like blink or like nod your head or something like that. If the person starts shaking their head, pulling away, etc. Then it absolutely needs to stop. But if you can negotiate some signs where you're like, I know, if I want to stop, I'm going to be shaking my head because you really can't hide like a shaking off the head, then that will obviously stop the session or pause the session until the person gets more comfortable. You also need to talk a lot about after care. What are you going to do after you engage in that kink, because after care is really important. You don't want to be just you know, tying someone up gagging them and fucking them and going Okay, that was so great. I'm just going to go have a shower. Like, you need to make sure that they're okay. How did it feel for them? Was there anything that they didn't feel that comfortable with that they'd like to tweak for next time? Did they love it? Can they explain their experience to you? Are they willing to try more things or different things, et cetera. So you need to be able to, you know, have some snuggles if that's what you're into afterwards, but definitely some conversations.
Speaker 3: So come back to I mean what we say in every single episode of Life Uncut. That's just conversation and communication and whatever that looks like, whether that is verbal, or whether that is a movement or a ribbon or whatever it is. It's just making sure you set your boundaries before you start. What about somebody that wants to explore their kinks? Like I feel like what we just spoke about is great if you have someone to explore that with them that you trust and that you love and you're in a safe place. What if you don't have a partner that's not even on the radar, You're not even dating, but you want to explore that, are there places you can go? Are their websites or there are orgies and sex clubs, and of course there are places like that, but are there really specific I guess organizations and safe places for people that want to explore specific kinks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's an organization called Curious Creatures in Melbourne. I don't know about Sydney. I will have to check up on that. And for the other states and international international, I mean, I know like in Amsterdam that there's some great clubs and in Berlin, but again I think I think going into a situation where you can be taught. Curious Creatures they have like workshops where you can go and learn how to be dominant or be submissive, or learn how to negotiate different styles of kink as well, and I think that that's super healthy. You know, also, like just engaging with someone like myself is really important, so you can have a conversation about how you communicate that to maybe one night stands or something. You'll be surprised how many people can go on a one night stand and go hey, like I'm really like I'm a bit kinky, and the person will be like cool, like, let's see how that goes. But I guess the problem as well with one night stand is you don't know that person and you don't know if they're going to respect your boundaries too. So I think going to workshops or clubs is probably a better way to go because at least you know that people that you're engaging with have practices that are safe. You know they're not going to put you in harm's way or in danger.
Speaker 1: What would you say to someone who knows that they have a kink but feels shameful for it, or still is dealing with the stigma that can surround having a kink?
Speaker 4: Okay? So I more say to everyone everyone that you can never yuck someone else's young. Something that I find yummy, you might not find yummy. You're not going to judge me for that. You just have to go cool like that shin Tell's preference, And for anyone who's struggling to know whether their kink is okay or not, I honestly believe that kinks are just normal now, and I think that we need to start saying it is about individual practices. The problem is, we weren't even taught that sex was okay. For such a long time, we were taught that sex is only for marriage and you know, husband and wife, and it has to be blah blah blah's you're going to get pregnant, et cetera. We were taught fear mongering techniques around sex education, and what we need to be talking about now is empowering sex positive you know, sexual education, and that is the same with kink. In my book, it's not even seen as a separate practice. It's just part of having fun sex. So I really do think that if you're struggling to know whether you're normal or not, I wouldn't hide away and sync into that. I would train lean into going to places where you can feel normal, or going to websites where you can get more education about it, or talking to people in sextores about what you're feeling, or talking to a therapist. I had a patient who really believed that their style of pornography was not okay because she's considered quite fem and what she was looking at was a bit more hardcore, and I was like, it's just your imagination, your creativity. It doesn't mean that you want that thing to happen to you as well. It's just something that excites you and arouses you. And we can also remember things that we find kinking or find attractive or arousing. We don't actually have to play them out either. We can just watch pornography or listen to audio porn around it, or read erotic literature around it and find it exciting fantasize.
Speaker 3: I listened to another podcast and one of the girls on the podcast was saying that she loves watching lesbian porn, she always has, but she has no interest in being with a woman. And she's like, at the start, I couldn't really understand it. I didn't understand why that was my jam and that was what I enjoyed watching and that's what turned me on when I don't want to be with a woman. And she just said, it's just because I enjoy watching it's beautiful and it's sensual, and it's different to men and women porn. And I think that's sort of just a prime example of that. It's just every single person is individual, and what gets someone going might be different to somebody else.
Speaker 4: I think it's important to remember that fantasy can be just fantasy. It doesn't have to be reality as well.
Speaker 1: Let's get into some of the different types of kings and unpack some of the most popular ones, some of maybe the more controversial ones. What do you think is like the most common kink? What are some of the biggest ones?
Speaker 4: So some of the most common types of kink, I would say, I'm going to go through a little bit more alphabetically, So bondage would be a really good one. So forms of restraint. It's pretty self explanatory being tied up. I also thinks like dominance is super common. So when someone wants to be the power person in the bedroom, they want to be in control, and there is a submissive person, the person that doesn't want to be in control. It's really interesting because a few years ago I wrote an article about this because people were saying, how can women who were in these high you know, flying jobs, who were celebrities or like CEOs want to be submissive in the bedroom? And I was like, because they're just in control in every single aspect of their life, Like of course they want to be. They want to give over the control once in a while.
Speaker 2: Like fuck, someone else make the decision. I just don't want to do it anymore.
Speaker 4: You do it, and do it well, please Another one is like gagging, so putting something in your mouth, maybe it's like a scarf or you know, you can get professional gags from sex stores as well. Impact play is a really big one as well, so hands, whips, paddles, whatever you want, like a spatulage, just something that will hit the body and create a bit of an impact. It can be a soft hit, it can be a playful hit, or it can really get into a bit more hard hitting as well. I think things like masochism, of course, where you are getting pleasure from the kind of heightened sensations from sex. You know, pain for example, would be a really good one, whether that be physical or emotional, is a really popular one.
Speaker 3: In terms of masochism. When you say that that is the idea of pain. Is that the person delivering the pain that they're getting off on delivering it, or is it somebody that gets off on being in pain and receiving the.
Speaker 4: Pain, so that's supposedly receiving it most of the time, Sadism is when you're inflicting pain on someone else, inflicting emotional pain on someone else or physical pain on someone else. I think things like role play would be super common, like dressing up as a nurse, like doctor and nurse scenario, like doctor in patient scenario, that kind of thing. I think a lot of us have had those kind of role play like fantasies to Boston Secretary. I don't know. I don't know what the listeners are into, but I always find that role plays a really interesting one.
Speaker 2: Have you role played, Laura? No? Never?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I feel like also now, like everyone on this podcast knows if my non existent sex life, so no.
Speaker 2: Have you. I'm laughing like Chanta.
Speaker 3: You probably see that I'm smiling while you're saying this, I can't do it. You're supposed to be an actress, Brittany, Yeah, but it's yeah. And Hunt said, if it was at a film, great, but when I'm giggling.
Speaker 4: You're giggling the whole time.
Speaker 3: When you were just saying that when you were talking about role play, in my mind, I just tried to picture myself doing it, and I started laughing because I just don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think I can do it seriously.
Speaker 3: And that's just me personally, because I'm a little giggle machine anyway, So I just think I would just think the whole thing is so funny.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think about my own scenario. I'm like, yeah, definitely, like a little bit, but I haven't gone as far as like dressing up for that kind of thing. It's just kind of entered into it. But then, like my role play in the past was when I was like, yeah, maybe actually engaging with a doctor in my old past life, like when yeah, when I was sloring around Europe, I think, yeah, I think for some people there, really they can really get into it and really get creative, and I'm so here for that. I think that's amazing. I think things like voyeurism is also really popular, where you find it pleasurable to watch other people get it on. This is one that can also go into that like illegal mode too. So if you're going around sneaking around and looking in people's windows, that's naughty and you shouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not. You know you're talking more about you can go to sex clergy and you can watch in that capacity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I think that's an interesting question though, what like, where does the line you see it look in their window? Laura, No, I definitely have no interest in doing that, but where does the line sit in regards to something that can be classified as a kink and something that goes beyond that and is actually problematic.
Speaker 4: I think when you're doing things and you can't control your urges to do them, that's when it can and it's distressing, or it's for you or for other people, that's when we consider it a bit more problematic.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about exhibitionism. So I guess voyeurism and exhibitionism go hand in hand in a sense, like you would those the same people would be at the same sort of sex club.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Maybe? I mean you might actually not want to exhibit yourself if you're into watching others actually, so you can separate them. Exhibitionism is when you're like showing other people how you have sex or how you stimulate yourself and you want others to watch. But yeah, sex clubs are really wonderful for that, and I think that it's important that if any listeners are looking to engage in sex clubs, go to nights that are a bit more low key. For wolve owners. Don't go to like the mixed nights, because you end up with like all these penis owners and like two volp owners and they're just like standing around or watching and touching themselves. I would go to like a couple's night like go with a friend or something, or go to the fame kind of sex parties as well. I think that's really important. Just you also don't have to engage the first time you go to a sex club. You can just watch as well.
Speaker 1: What is I mean, We've got a few of them listed out and we did a bit of a deep dive into like some of the most popular kings. But what is age play?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, ah LA's are really good one. So that's basically role play where one or both of the partners are pretending to be a different age to what they actually are. So maybe like younger, like a teenager, you know, putting their hair and pigtails or whatever. Or it can be like a baby that kind of thing, like daddy baby girl that kind of thing. Or it can be referring to someone like really old, like like a real zaddy, you know, that kind of thing, like a sugar daddy kind of vibes, or like a madame or a mistress that kind of thing. So it's just pretending to act like someone who is different to your actual age. I think can we more see it like on the daddy and like the friend of the daughter kind of vibe. That's what you're see in a lot of pornography, right, like dad walks in on my daughter's friend that kind of vibe or something like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Chantell, we have two that we want to finish on now. One that I find really interesting and I think it's a lot more common than people think. It's europhilia or otherwise known as water sports or the golden shower or essentially urinating on somebody during sex. Do you see water play in your clients a lot more than we think.
Speaker 4: Actually, it's really interesting, Like I don't think many of my patients actually talk about them engaging in that, but definitely being out and about and actually speaking to people just on a real level, not as their practitioner about their sexual preferences. Yeah, like golden showers, peoplay, it is super common, and you actually find that a lot of males will engage in sex workers to play out those fantasies because maybe they can't get them at home, or maybe it's not something that they even feel comfortable bringing up with their loved person, or maybe they don't want to see it from their loved person as well. So yeah, we saw it with a I think there was a big rumor about the last US president going around and really liked that kind of play too. But I think that for anyone who does want to engage in it, just start slow and try it out in the shower so you can wash away any of the evidence. But you know, if you don't like it, if you don't like engaging with it, you don't have to do it. But I'm always like, what's the harm in giving it a go peplay golden showers? It actually doesn't harm anyone unless you feel really ashamed about it afterwards. And I wouldn't say that it's a problem. It's just going to feel a bit weird.
Speaker 1: Well, you're in sterile anyway, isn't it. I always think like, technically, how the hell does it work? Like you can't be doing it in your bedroom or a mattress. You'd have to lay a top hole in down or something like.
Speaker 2: How are people doing this? And then it's like where is the romance in this?
Speaker 1: If you're like, hey, honey, I'm just going to go get the top hole in to lay down so that we don't ruin our ten thousand dollars temper mattress. Like, I just there has to be some organization to this so we.
Speaker 2: Can have a slip and sliding bed.
Speaker 1: But you you actually just mentioned something Chanta, which I think is interesting and maybe there is a connection, but I kind of would love to unpack what it is about this. I feel like with some kinks there is a level or and not with all of them by any means, but with some of them there is a level of being degraded or feeling like, yeah, I guess like degraded might be the best word for it. Where does the sexual pleasure or arousal come from that.
Speaker 4: Some people really feel like they can get aroused by also, like the shameful aspect of that too, like feeling like they're being humiliated, the feeling that they're being embarrassed because of what they're engaging in. Some people get really turned on by that as well. So that is really about that masochism kind of point of view too, And I think that that's about like the emotional kind of trauma that comes into it. But some people just are really into it. They find it very sexy to look up at their partner urinating on them. You know, or they find it very sexy to like be yeah in that humiliation pose, if that makes sense. Some people don't find it shameful, of course, but you know, for a lot of people, it is about that level of humiliation.
Speaker 1: I think one of the last ones we wanted to touch on, and this is something that I think would be very common and maybe people don't even know that it has a relation to kink. But what is orgasm control? And can you describe that for me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's kind of like edging in a way. It's where you say to your sexual partner, I'm in control now, or maybe if you're masturbating, for example, I'm in control now and we are going to I'm going to tell you when you can come. You know, I'm going to build you up and you're not allowed to come yet. So if they keep pressing on you, if they're like using a vibrator against you, and you're like, oh, I'm literally going to come, like you have to stop it, then it doesn't really work. If they play with you and bring you up to for example, if your orgasm is a ten, they bring you up to maybe an eight, and they go, I'm going to hold you there and you're like, oh my god, like I want you to finish, and they bring it back down to like a five. So they're going to play with you where they bring up your arousal, bring it back down again, bring it up, bring it down, and they are in control of that play.
Speaker 3: What if you can't get back from your five to your eight and you can do it?
Speaker 2: What if you get stuck there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you get stuck there, then it's all over Red Robot stuck in purgatory. Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I think that's you know, I think you have to be very advanced, like very good at tuning into your partner's pleasure if you're engaging in that. I always encourage people to listen to my favorite orgasmic meditation, which is by a UK guy called Madison James. He does this in his orgasmic meditation, so you just you can't see him, You just put your headphones in and it goes for an hour and basically this edging builds up your orgasm to a point where you're going to like, like you it's just so intense. I remember when I did it, I had an orgasm and I had like electricity running from my fingers down to my toes back up to like my pulvers, and it was incredible. And for a lot of people that feel like they can't orgasm anymore, they feel really out of tune with their body, that kind of practice is super helpful. So that's orgasmic meditation mixed in with edging and orgasm control.
Speaker 3: So is that something sorry to clarify, is that something you do on your own or you could do on your owners. That's something that you play with a partner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is main Like this one is for a masturbation, so you do it by yourself. But I always like to say to people, why don't you get your partner to do what he's telling you? So get your partner to pretend like they're in the seat there if they want a little bit more of a guide into orgasm play, it's super helpful. Or your partner can watch, or you do it to yourself.
Speaker 1: I also like that this because I think that sometimes these things, we have these conversations, and they're so catered to people who are in relationships, and that can really isolate a huge demographic of people who are single but still have you know, I mean, everybody has their own sexual needs and wants, and I think sometimes when we specifically like talking about relationships, it can feel a little bit isolating. So when you say that some of these kinks, in particular orgasm control is something that people can do on their own, regardless of whether they have a partner or not, I think that's a really important part of this conversation as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely, I think that it's important for people to remember, like, being single can be so much fun too.
Speaker 1: We're both like, yeah, Noddy, well it's a real time of like exploration as well, right, because it's like there's almost no judgment, and I think sometimes when you're in a relationship you can become a bit like, well, we know exactly what to do.
Speaker 2: It's very formulaic, and we just do that.
Speaker 4: That's it the sex menu.
Speaker 1: Yeah absolutely, it's like X y Z it's going to take seven minutes and then we're going to both go to bed. Yeah, because we're tired and we have two kids.
Speaker 2: It's going to take three point three minutes.
Speaker 4: And you've got too because I don't have any and I'm it's all good. It's pretty normal. It'll come back.
Speaker 2: I guess what do you want to say to anybody.
Speaker 3: What message can you tell someone that's listening now They either they're thinking about it, or this has excited them to try something and this has made them feel like they're you know what they're thinking. Isn't that far fetched and maybe is accessible for them? What do you want to throw out to anyone listening now that really wants to go get kinky?
Speaker 4: Oh, I think like do your research. Absolutely, have on like, have a look online for toys if you want to bring them into your practice as well. I'll do some shopping. Ask your friends, like, be honest. My friends are so honest with me, and I know that I'm privileged in a very sex positive circle, but I've kind of like forced them into this place where they talk about that and we just cheer each other on. And I think you need to find at least one sex positive friend that you can talk about these things with and not feel ashamed.
Speaker 2: You need a sex we girl, like, we'll Laura, go for ten minutes, go for eleven time. I'm going to edge myself to fifteen minutes. Guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's like, you know what, we are adults, and we are moving towards a more sex positive future and that means engaging with people that are going to cheat you on as well. No one wants to feel ashamed or like they have to hide who they are as an erotic being.
Speaker 3: And any resources off the top of your head that people could go to like websites.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Curious Creatures is a great one. They have some great articles on the blog on love Honey and some great episodes from like doms on their from sex workers etc. Of course, like I have a lot on my Instagram and there's so many sexologists in Australia who have great resources too. I'm trying to think as well. I think like start with reading things like fifty Shades of Gray, start with watching shows where that is also depicted. There are so many kinky shows like Eyes Wide Shut. I've never watched that and I'm dying to watch it now because I know one of my team members was watching it this week and she was like, it was so before it's time, and it was so controversial because no one was talking about kink back then. So there are lots of shows where it is depicted too, and if you can just ease into it and become acclimatized to watching it, it'll become more normal for you and you will feel a lot more empowered discussing it.
Speaker 3: And where can people find Ji Chantel and your book. Tell us about your book.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the sex ad you never had. So basically we're covering kink and they're recovering videos and it's talking about all the things that we didn't learn in sex ed. And you know, I didn't have sex at a lot of my patients come in and they didn't have it. I think that this age range, we were definitely taught a lot about like safe sex, whereas you know, we weren't taught a lot about pleasure, and I think we need to talk about that a lot more so. I wrote this book for everyone and you can find me at Chantel Underscore Otten Underscore Sex Solo Chests on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Legend.
Speaker 3: It was so good to have you back on Life on cart and we hope.
Speaker 2: To have you back again.
Speaker 4: Sue, thanks for having me so.
Speaker 3: On this episode today. We wanted to speak to somebody that has.
Speaker 2: A kink of their own.
Speaker 3: We didn't really care what kink it was. It's just that Laura and I personally, well we don't have one, but we thought it was really important to speak to a listener, a Life on Cut listener.
Speaker 2: So we have one of.
Speaker 3: Our beautiful life is NICKI joining us today and Nikki we put the call out. We're like, hey, if anyone's got some kinks, slide on into our dms. And Nikki, you did come sliding. So welcome to Life on Cut.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, guys, pleasure to be here.
Speaker 1: Now, Nikki, can you explain? I mean, first thing I put okay, I'm I don't even know where to start because I have so many questions.
Speaker 2: Can I firstly tell me, let's start at the top. What is your kink?
Speaker 5: So my kink is I used to call it a pee fetish, but it's actually it can be called a pee kink.
Speaker 1: So like we're talking water sports. And when you say you have a pe kink or a pea fetish in what capacity? Like what does that look like for you?
Speaker 5: So it's basically below the head. So I love anything to do with it. I love watching guys, I love the sound of it. I love well this is the one that shops people. I love being peeved inside of that. So the main thing is for me as well, is the desperation when it comes to pay, Like, that's what really gets me.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by that? What do you mean by the desperation as in from the other person?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, So it's about the guy when he needs to pay. It's like that moments like I just want him to be desperate and that's what really gets me.
Speaker 3: So do you in terms of the desperation do you like is it a control thing like you want to say, like orgasm control? Is it you saying to him you can't go yet, like making him until he's like, my bladder is about to burst. So is that you saying when he can and can't urinate?
Speaker 5: It's similar. Yeah. So back in twenty seventeen, which is when I discovered this, I was with a partner and that's when he needed to pay when we're having sex, and I sort of played around with that and I really liked that he needed to and I was telling him, no, you're not allowed to, and I so would pressed against his ladder and that was really turning me on. And I think he also discovered that it was turning him on as well, so he'd play around with me.
Speaker 2: For those plane at home.
Speaker 3: Let's just go back to the start. It's also called europhilia. That is the official terminology, Is that correctnickire?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: And then colloquialisms are like water sports or I guess peplay Like you said so twenty seventeen, before twenty seventeen, when you discovered this, I guess accidentally, were there anything else you were interested in?
Speaker 2: Was there any other kink?
Speaker 3: Or is this really you just went zero to one hundred pretty quickly and it was all coincidentally.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've always been a bit kinky with exhibitionism and wanting to have sex outside and in really you're crazy places. In terms of that, yes, but with in terms of the peplay, that is something that I'd only discovered later on in life.
Speaker 1: I kind of like this conversation in that I think for a lot of people, they have a fantasy and then it's wanting to then enact out that fantasy. But almost like discovering a kink and not knowing that it was necessarily there before, just because of something that's happened during a sexual experience. I hadn't really fully thought or realized that this is something or how a kink could be created. You know, when we sit here and say, well, I don't have a kink right now. I like the idea that, oh but maybe I could and I just haven't discovered it yet.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just over the horizon.
Speaker 1: So talk to me, Nikki. How do you bring it up with new sexual partners?
Speaker 5: So that was a while ago, so I've had a few since then. I've had a couple of relationships. But it's been interesting between you know, being single and being a relationship because I have no shame around it, So I bring it up with guys as soon as I feel you know, culped with them, or I feel like they're you know, the kind of person that will have the maturity level to handle it. I have no qualms in bringing it up. And there's so many guys that. I mean, people's reactions who have not experienced it before are just first of all, if they're shocked, but then it's really interesting to them. And of course, you know, when it comes to it, when you're being the partner, they want you to be turned on, so they're turned on by that as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm like Laura, now, I's like my brain was just going, I have fifty thousand questions where do I start? Okay, So does this kink for you playing to just you controlling when they can urinate, or do you also get off on you urinating on them as well? So does it go both ways? And is it just any sort of water play at all or is it just very specific?
Speaker 5: So of course it has to be blow the head. But I haven't had many guys that have wanted me to pee on them. I'm definitely interested in that. That does turn me on the idea of it, but mostly in my experience has been with guys and they've either peed on me or I've helped them while they've peed and I've held their penises. That my favorite is being p inside of that they are a whole. Like the feeling of it is just like anything to do with because obviously I love common and it's just like both of them the same, it's just more of it.
Speaker 1: Is this something as well? Do you think that there's a powerplay element into this, like a sense of having power over the other person when you talk about desperation.
Speaker 2: Are these things linked for you at all?
Speaker 5: I definitely like being in control, so that definitely it makes me feel powerful as a woman and that is sexy to me, so definitely. But I think the desperation is more so just it is just desperation. It's like it's that's that kink for me. It just turns me on at that person so desperate to pay, and then there is that level of control as well, and then when it finally is released, it's like, oh wow.
Speaker 3: Let's talk logistics for a hot second. When you finally say yes, you can pee inside me right now? Is that because you're at climax? And do you come in that moment? And then for him, I'm going to imagine you cannot pay and come simultaneously, So I guess that's for I guess he's doing that purely for you to climax and then you can continue to deal with him after.
Speaker 5: Is that right exactly? So that's what it's insane. There's only been a couple of guys in my life who've actually been able to do this, and it is a very hard thing to do. It takes a lot of practice, and it's funny like a lot of guys try really really hard and like they're just lying there and we're just sort of everything still, like they're trying really hard to just like concentrate to pay.
Speaker 2: Like I am losing my momentum here.
Speaker 1: Buddy, But also there would be some desperation in that as well, in the like trying to do it, maybe not being able to quite get the stage.
Speaker 2: Fright.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's sexy as hell, like because you just know they're really trying. You just like you want to kind of encourage and be like, you know, it's good, Like it's good. I'm loving this, and I am because it's really intimate and they're really trying. Even when I'm not a relationship with someone, it's just a really cool thing to do to share with them.
Speaker 3: Okay, Logistics number two, and this is something that we had a joke about. Obviously we're not joking about the Kings, but we did have this joke with Chantell. Do you actually have to I mean, I guess it's forethought because you're not gonna want urine to go all over your bed. So do you plan that this is going to be an event so you can put something on the bed. Is it something that you'd say, hey, let's just like have sex in a shower or a bath or do you sort of say just throw the machus out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you just be like rip their clothes off and be like whatever?
Speaker 2: Happens, happens. I've got a really good matchress protector. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Because we were sort of thinking that, like, you know, you're going to put like a tarp hoolan down or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's the thing we talked about when I was in a partnership with a guy, is that we talked about the logistics and we thought about, you know, maybe we should get something just protect the red top hole in. But when you're in the moment, I mean, it's great to be in a hotel. There has I've been my last partner. We went into a hotel and we just use a holy hotels and and I'm kind of like it wasn't amazing afterwards, but you're just so in the moment and like you do have to sleep in a bit of pea in the bed.
Speaker 1: But I just feel like, oh, price, the pay, this is somebody else's problem exactly.
Speaker 5: But there is one guy who I was seeing for a little bit. He was amazing. He was so open and we were just in his house obviously alone, and we're in his kitchen and I just asked him to pay and me in his kitchen and he did. He just like got his finers out started peeing on me on my vagina, and it was great. I still think about that moment. It was so good. And also when you're sitting on a toilet as well, when I'm sitting in a toilet, BA can also pee on me that.
Speaker 2: I'm so fascinated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I like this idea that this is like something that's escalated, like it's become part of your sexual experience off the back of like I said earlier, like off the back of almost like a coincidental or a happen chance. You're very very open about speaking about your kings, about talking about your sexual experiences. Have you had these conversations with like your friends and your family, like what has been the common reaction to talking about kings not just with sexual partners, but with other people who you're close with.
Speaker 5: So I have been very open, and it's funny. There are a lot of people in my life who are very closely who I would talk you know, they know all about it. And when I told them I was going on this podcast, like, oh my god, it's amazing because I know all about it, and other people are like, hang on second, what you have a pee fetish? What's what's this?
Speaker 3: And you're going to tell all of Australia about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly like I am, because there is absolutely zero shame. Like there's a lot of things I have a shamed about inside of myself, but to do with this, absolutely none. It's just so funny. It gives me so much pleasure and what there's nothing wrong with it. But with my family from the get go, I've up with a very open family. Like my parents will always talk about sex and I'll be cooking on the kitchen bench and Mom would say, oh, you know, with my father and I had sex and that on that kitchen benchhit last night and things like that.
Speaker 2: You're like, Mum, at least let me put a chopping board down.
Speaker 5: Then exactly, you know, I knew how it was made in the bus and all that sort of thing. So I mean, that's why I'm fine with that. But it's my brothers who are like ten years younger than me, and I think that people have to have a certain level of maturity when you're telling them.
Speaker 3: I love that you said too, that you have no shame about it, and nor should you. But the reason we want to have these conversations is because we don't want anyone out there listening to be shameful of anything that they enjoy or any kinks that they have, or anything that they want to experience.
Speaker 2: Or that they want to try.
Speaker 3: We literally want people like you to say, there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 2: I do this all the time.
Speaker 3: Think of how many people are going to be listening to this right now saying, oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one. And that is because people don't talk about it, which is why we wanted to give you a platform now to be so open about it.
Speaker 1: And also on top of it, it's like, if it's not hurting anyone, who fucking cares?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I think like we are the only ones who feel shame and that there's it's stigmatized. It's obviously there's so much around kinks that stigmatized because of the way society has viewed them over time, But like, if you're not hurting anyone, I just don't see what the big problem is and what the big deal about talking about this stuff is. And for us, from speaking to Chantel, it was very eye opening and interesting how much people's perceptions are changing, but also just how much more open people are being in general, which Nikki, like, we're very, very grateful for you to come and speak about this.
Speaker 2: What are some of the.
Speaker 3: Reactions for people that you've dated or slept with in the past. So, I know we touched on it earlier, but have there ever been any like quite adverse reactions where someone has just been like, no way, I am not doing that, or have most people been really open to the idea straight away? Because I think a lot of our community, I think a lot of the stress that they would feel when they want to explore their kinks is the way they're going to be received when they ask a new partner or even a long term partner. It's really that visceral reaction of are they going to think I'm crazy? Are they going to want to break up with me? Are they going to want to explore it? So I guess what are the general reactions.
Speaker 5: Like the majority of people have been great, And I think though it's because of the guys that I choose to be with as well. I choose to be with people who are open minded, so I think that definitely has something to do with it. And also I think we should about the app as well that I've been on when I've been single called Field, and that has opened me up to so many like minded people and so the conversation has been really easy, but there have been one or two that have course gone that's not something I'm comfortable with, and it's like picking cool like because I've done that before too. Like people have said to me, you know, kinks that they're wanting to explore, and you know, it's up to you as to whether you want to do it or not.
Speaker 2: What is Field?
Speaker 1: Can you talk to me about this app? And how if you do have a kink or it's something that you're wanting to explore, how you can find people who might have something similar or maybe looking for a similar type of kink to you.
Speaker 5: So Field is like a dating app, but it's full of people who are who are like me, who have kinks, and it is such an open minded community of people that it was like I felt like I was being seen for the first time with people that because a lot of the people that I tell have absolutely no idea about kinks and they're you know, especially when I talked to them about being peed inside of that just blows their mind. Because people who have been you know, heard of water spots and pea fetishes and things like that. But this app brought so many people into my life. You know, people they are wanting to have freesomes, who like couples that are wanting to bring someone else into their relationship, or gang bangs or pe fetishes, things like that. Yeah, it blew my mind and it was so enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Does it work like a normal dating app? Like if you think about the way Hinge or Tinder or like what sets it apart? Or are people very specific on their profiles in regards to what kinks they have?
Speaker 5: So their profile, Well, everyone's on there. I don't think anyone's on there for a relationship. People are on there to explore their sexuality. And people will say on the app on their profile these the kinks tun into and they have the first questions when you're saying it up, are you know what are you into? And you know what's your sexuality and all that sort of thing, and it's just very open. And because I'm such an open person, it was just like, Wow, there are people like me out there because you know, there's no secrets, like this is what I want? Do you want that? And then you know you meet up.
Speaker 3: It's like our younger generation listening won't remember this. But it's like when you're on MSN, remember asl hex location, but you're like aslk HX location.
Speaker 2: Kinks. I knew that none of the young kids are going to have to be above. Have you wound back your cassette tapes with pencil?
Speaker 3: Then you may know what that is if we can ask you well, because I just feel like we may have just hit the jackpot with you, because we just thought we were going to be able to talk about one kin. But you mentioned exhibitionism before, and you mentioned that you have done a lot of other things that have come being on this app.
Speaker 2: What are some of the other kinks?
Speaker 3: Have you tried other things with other people or are you mainly just saying like, hey, I'm just on there from my thing. I don't want to try anything else.
Speaker 5: I have definitely, I definitely want a lot of things, and I feel like it's like this box, you know, these boxes that I want to tick, and a lot of them is you know, I have for thing about joining another couple or actually one of the chandel Art and her sex stories is someone watching another couple has sex and I want someone to watch me while I'm having sex like that turns me on a lot, or potentially than coming in and being and joining someone else as well. But in terms of exhibitionism, I just the idea of getting caught, not the reality of it, just the idea that turns me on.
Speaker 2: So have you okay? Where is not?
Speaker 1: You're like, I don't actually want to be caught by a police officer in a bush, but like the like the suspense, and I.
Speaker 2: Guess like, don't actually find me.
Speaker 1: Like that because obviously there's that heightened arousal that comes from the the suspense or the naughtiness of it, the forbidden fruit. Basically, I mean that's the whole big premise of where Kings came from. It's because it's what's seemed us taboo. It's what seemed is what was not supposed to be doing. And there's something very like sexually alluring from that as well.
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 3: And have you ever actually been caught or have you ever been pretty close?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Actually I have been caught. So it was a bust of mine. Actually who caught me? Caught my boyfriend going down in me on a boat.
Speaker 2: This is not what it looks like.
Speaker 5: He was a buff like it was he was looking down the window up above, and obviously we didn't quite think about that aspect. So he's actually very he's very cool and we're still friends now. So yeah, it was fine, fucking great.
Speaker 3: He's like, you need a BAC. I'm giving you the day off, Nikki.
Speaker 2: I have a question.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you in regards to if there's someone listening who has a kink themselves and they do feel shame well, they don't know how to bring it up with someone, what advice would you have for them.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's funny because I feel at a zero shame run and I don't think I ever have had shame around it. But I think just by if you feel like you're in a safe space safe for example, it's with your boyfriend or whoever it is, it's just just being really open and honest with them and trying not to make it about that there's something wrong with you. Like if they say no, then that's what they're comfortable with. It's not anything to do with your kink, And there's nothing because I have a big thing about there's nothing wrong with you. It's just what you like. It's just what turns you on and You're not the only one.
Speaker 2: Nikki.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming on the pod, for being just so vulnerable. I know you say that there's no shame and you have no issues with talking about it, but I think for the most part, you're a realiatively rare breed. I think a lot of people have kinks, and a lot of people don't feel comfortable sharing those kinks on a public platform. And I love that you had zero reservations in doing that. We love that you're part of the community, and we really love that you've been able to share this with everybody else as well.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, Laura and Britt. Yeah, it was such a pleasure to be on here. I was very excited to share and absolutely had no reservations about it at all.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we never end an episode without our suck and our sweet, our highlight and our lowlight of the week, and man, I have a low light for this week. But Laura, you can go first. What is your suck?
Speaker 2: So Mi, Oh, it's suck first always? Okay, all right, my so surprises you after two hundred and eleven episodes because I like.
Speaker 1: To think positively and I just get I'm always there for what's been good in the week, not there for what's been bad in the week.
Speaker 3: But it's like when you eat a meal out at a restaurant, there's multiple things on your plate.
Speaker 2: You save the best for last. You always save that one mouthful.
Speaker 3: It is like the most epic, tasty, delicious mouthful.
Speaker 2: Do you know why I don't do that?
Speaker 1: I eat the best bit and save the worst for last, because you get full. No, Because growing up, my dad would always leave what was left on that So if I had purposely sept something like if I put something to the side on my plate, you'd eat it. My dad would be like, oh, you're not eating that, lean overneat it. The amount of times I cried in a restaurant as a child because my dad ate the thing I was saving traumatized. Okay, so my suck for the week is that we went out. Okay, guys, Finally, this week Britta and I had a awesome time. We went out on a boat on Saturday. We really had such a great time together. When you confirs and it's really far and few between when we actually get to go outside and do something without the kids, without work, just enjoying ourselves, I don't actually think we've.
Speaker 3: Ever both been out where we've been drinking and just having fun like we've both we've done lunches quickly here and there, or like a brunch or something, but nothing that was just like actual relaxation.
Speaker 2: Having a good time.
Speaker 1: And when you say that, she means relaxation that's also unwork related. We've been out through a work lunch before, shared it all on social media, but we've never really just been able to hang out and have a few drinks together as friends.
Speaker 3: We're not actually friends.
Speaker 1: Fucking crazy, doesn't it like in two and a half years of doing this pod, we've never gone out and just had drinks together.
Speaker 2: Brittany, And do you keep pro creating?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's because I have kids, you know, and it's just a we are of in very different phases of life. But we also we had an awesome, awesome time. That's we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Sucks though.
Speaker 1: So I wore this white dress on the boat, which I have had for a couple of years. It's not a new dress, but it was the first time I've worn it, and I managed to get through a whole day of drinking of partying and I didn't get it dirty and so I was like, you know what, it's pretty clean, but I'll give it a quick wash, a hand wash, and I'll hang it out so I can take it on this holiday with me.
Speaker 2: And I hung it out on the line, and the.
Speaker 1: Fucking birds have shat mulberry shit all over my white dress.
Speaker 2: Sang, what how do you know it's moulbrew shit? How do you know? It's just not a mulbery?
Speaker 1: So the neighbors have a mulberry tree, like like, it's not the neighbor that like a couple of streets down there's a mulberry tree and it's you know, you know what it's like when it's like splattered from the sky all over my dress, all over the patio, there's obviously mulbrew shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, so that's my suck.
Speaker 1: But that's going to sing right that doesn't come out? Yeah, it's done, it's done it Yeah, forever throw it on the bin. Okay, the end turns turn into some rags.
Speaker 3: You could you cut it off and make a mini dress.
Speaker 2: It's on the top part o. Can't make a skirt.
Speaker 1: It is as well as a way, Laura, all right, and my sweet for the week is obviously that we got to go out on this boat and have a great time. But my sweet is that for once, Britney Hockley was the drunk one at the party. Not only was she the drunk one we got off the boat, we were in front of a whole lot of people and the song let's get down, Let's get down to be business and instead of like dancing and smacking my ass, Britt decided to dance and smack my vagina really really publicly in front of everyone, whilst I was like, I'm going home, and Britt was like, come.
Speaker 3: Pty, you are making this sound way worse than it was.
Speaker 2: It was so fun seeing you lit city girl. Oh so fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's just seguey straight into my suck.
Speaker 2: My suck was that I was lit City.
Speaker 1: I went all the way, all the way, all the way. Where can we tell them where you ended up?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: I went all the way to Holly in Jimmy's house from The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that happened. I created a.
Speaker 1: Party there because there wasn't a party. She made Holly make her a cheese platter.
Speaker 3: And it just you know, when you've been drinking. And I actually for those playing at home. I am not a big drinker. I don't drink a lot, and I think this is why this happened so rapidly. I was having a great time, but I was obviously in the sun all day, the drinks were flowing.
Speaker 2: It hit me like a.
Speaker 3: Ton of bricks. I well, obviously it hit me earlier when I was slapping you.
Speaker 2: But I got to only were riding me like a rodeo. Love me. It just means I feel safe with you.
Speaker 3: I got to Holley in Jimmy's and it just hit me like a ton of bricks and I was like, whoa, I need some food. And I didn't say it so probably politely, but I made Holly make me a cheese platter. She made me a whole platter, and I just sat there and annihilated the platter, kept drinking. They were getting ready to go out. I was going out too. I had message produce a key show and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, you're I'm going out to Bonta.
Speaker 3: I meet me there and she's like, okay, I'm poor Keisha, Okay, I'm just having a shower.
Speaker 2: Get the whole thing up. And then it just hit me.
Speaker 3: I was sitting at the table where I was like, whoa, I need to go. They were like, no, it's okay, and I'm like, no, you don't understand. I need to go. And you know when you get that wave of nausea, I thought I have minutes. I called myself an uber.
Speaker 2: I walked downstairs.
Speaker 3: The uber pulled up and I couldn't even get into it. I just started to vomit in Jimmy and Holly's garden.
Speaker 1: This is absolutely ending up on Daily Mail. Also, I cannot believe that you stood up produce a Keisha. This is all wild.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't stand her up.
Speaker 3: I then message her again, which I feel like I'd have to go back to the message and look at the timeline, and I was like, bro, this is I'm cooked.
Speaker 2: I'm at home passing.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: This is not ending well. I can't meet you out and I couldn't go. I physically it just hit me so quickly. Now I would like to go back and just clarify because Holleen Jimmy might hear this.
Speaker 2: Well, they will. The moment was cute. It was a little and cute. It was like it was like a little la blap.
Speaker 3: It wasn't hectic, it was one and then I just felt so much better. It was almost just like an had too much alcohol in there, and I had.
Speaker 2: Mixed drinks a little bit. My body was like, just get that out and get on with it.
Speaker 3: So it was like one cutest, like the cutest little voment you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It's horrible. Yeah, it was adorable. Name Yeah, Frankie. Okay, I just want to say one thing.
Speaker 1: Obviously everyone is going to be not everyone, but majority of us are going out and enjoying having good time.
Speaker 2: It's Christmas. Drink responsibily, guys. This is your warning.
Speaker 1: This is not us condoning this behavior. We know that this is bad.
Speaker 2: We don't do it very often, but every so often sometimes you get a little litty, a little litacy.
Speaker 3: I have not Just to also clarify, clarify, clarify, I have not vomited in like six or seven years.
Speaker 2: This isn't a thing I do. I don't binge drink.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I was just dehydrated and hot, but I do want to really stress drinking responsibly.
Speaker 2: But that was my story. I cannot deny that it happened.
Speaker 3: I am mortified, so mortified that I felt I needed to tell Australia on the podcast.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to see the article tomorrow. I reckon that this is probably going to come out like a day before Christmas. Imagine that few Christmas present pretty quickly. Voments in Holly and Jimmy's front.
Speaker 3: Ur definitely is behind a bush, definitely definitely had food poisoning from the boat.
Speaker 1: So you gotta love it whenever anyone has a bit too much to drink. And then the next day they hungover and they say, oh, I think it was the hot dog.
Speaker 2: No it wasn't. We all know it wasn't. I had a lot of raw I had a raw fish it was and a bit warm.
Speaker 3: Weren't they warm raw fish? If that was what it was?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 2: And I didn't have any of the oysters.
Speaker 3: It was probably the os.
Speaker 1: Okay, your sweet for the week, my sweet?
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: Because we're wrapping up the year, I have to say that my sweet is the overall year long ranker for the podcast came out, guys, and we are sitting at the number one female podcast overall.
Speaker 2: So Laura and I I just we're just what shots are fired. We're just so.
Speaker 3: Stoked and we literally couldn't do it without you. And I know we've said this before, but it will never get old. We cannot say it enough, we cannot stress it enough. We are only here every week because of you, guys, and we love that you turn up and you listen to our shit and you take our advice. Sorry, we have to start putting some disclaimers in. You can't take all of our advice, but we do try, really really hard.
Speaker 2: We really do.
Speaker 1: And also not just the fact that you guys show up here for us to listen to the podcast, but that you show up for each other.
Speaker 2: Like that's the thing that I think.
Speaker 1: Is so incredible about this community, the Facebook group.
Speaker 2: It's a big group of a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I know that sometimes shit goes down and we do our best to moderate, but overall and overwhelmingly, this is an incredibly supportive community. And we are so grateful for you guys. We are so grateful for how you help each other out, whether it's from something benign like what are the best leggings to, you know, asking for some really serious life advice. It's a community that loves and supports each other, and that every day is the reason why we show up and do this.
Speaker 3: If you guys aren't a part of that community yet, obviously you are or if you're a listener, But the community that Laura is specifically talking about is the Facebook discussion group. That is just where all the love happens, all the advice happens, all the support happens. So if you're not a part of that yet, go and jump on Life Uncut discussion group on Facebook. You can also follow us on Instagram, which is Life on Cut podcast. But we just want to wish you guys the most amazing Christmas. We will be back with some bonus episodes. We'll be back next Tuesday with a year in review, which is going to be an awesome little ep as well. So we're not going anywhere, but we just want to say we hope that you are spending it with the people that you love.
Speaker 2: We hope that you are.
Speaker 1: Rounding out twenty twenty one in a really wonderful, love filled way to make up for whether you're in lockdown or anything else this year.
Speaker 2: We just hope that you bring it on home.
Speaker 3: One of the special bonus episodes that we are going to be dropping to you over the break is a really really special episode. It is with one of our listeners, an og listener, she has been there from the very beginning. Her name is Bella. If you're part of the discussion group, you will one hundred percent know who she is because she's very active, she's very open, and she's a very important member of our community. She also has a really, really incredible story that she wants to tell and she wants to share with the world. So if you know her, that is coming soon. If you don't, this is why you have to get on the Facebook discussion group.
Speaker 2: But guys, you know the drill.
Speaker 1: If you have loved the episode, jump on, give us a Christmas present, leave us a review on Apple Podcast. Five stars would be great. That would be a great Christmas present. And you know, tell your mum, tell your dad, tell your sister, your cousin, your brother. If there's ever been an episode that you have loved, share it with someone who you think it'll make a difference to and share the love because we are love.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas.