Speaker 1: Peter Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 1: Hello, Love Fine LEXI, We've got a DM from a woman. This is spicy. It's a relationship question about an ex.
Speaker 2: So strapping voice.
Speaker 1: Hey, Flex Rooms and Mickey, Mickey, you've really transcended the producer tag. I'm not gonna lie the third co host please keep an on for this one. Don't want to get in any trouble. My ex from ten years ago reached out to me and I'm still in shock and admittedly haven't chatted to anyone but you girls about this till now. Me and my ex, let's call him Greg, were high school sweethearts. We got together after formal loll Jeffrey Campbell's etc. Stand up, and we were together throughout first year, second year UNI. Greg was always quite smart. Back in twenty eleven, he got very excited about the prospect of bitcoin. I thought it was all a bit silly at the time loll. But Greg wasn't spending crazy amounts. I think it was only five hundred dollars for a coin, so I didn't really get involved. For Christmas one year, there was some sort of deal going on like buy a bitcoin, get one free. I told him to put in half twoin fifty to give to him for Christmas.
Speaker 2: As his gift.
Speaker 1: Greg and I broke up not long after that. Ooh, and it wasn't a nasty breakup. We just grew apart and need some time after high school. I feel like it's a post school His breakup is the vibe that I'm getting. Fast forward last week. It's been more than ten years and I get a DM on in ste of requests.
Speaker 2: We unfollowed each other long ago. It's Greg. Here's what he said.
Speaker 1: Hey, Ex, okay, long time, no c This is a bit weird, but I have something to ask you.
Speaker 2: Bear with me. This is not a scam.
Speaker 1: As you know, I spent a fair bit in bitcoin when we were together, and I've decided to start selling some of it. When I went through my portfolio, I remembered you pitched in and brought me a bitcoin for Christmas. It felt wrong to not message you before I did it. But if I sell the bitcoin you brought me, would you want half the money? There would be no strings attached. Promise think about it and let me know as I need the money right now. Happy to call, but I don't have your number.
Speaker 2: Let me know, greg. Girls, I was shook.
Speaker 1: She said the going price for bitcoin at that moment was fifty K, and as much as I needed the money, something feels wrong about taking money from a man I haven't spoken to in.
Speaker 2: Years and it was a gift, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's making me feel icky, and I think my current partner would be uncomfortable about the whole thing. It's stressing me out. Girlies, What the f do I do?
Speaker 2: I mean bitcoins? Is it going for fifty k currently?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But this was then.
Speaker 1: Listen, we need to talk about this.
Speaker 2: It's just down way. I know it is down from eighty or something.
Speaker 1: It's fifty three k right now. Yeah, one year ago, I reckon I got up to eighty. I bought it when I was sixty three thousand, idiot. I got one thing to say to you, miss girl. Of course you're gonna take the money.
Speaker 2: Nah? Are you crazy? Nah?
Speaker 1: Twenty five thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Tell me why the circumstances are strange.
Speaker 3: I don't understand the motivation of someone you haven't spoken to in ten years. You pitched in for half a bitcoin as a gift. If I gave you a Chanelle perfume as a gift, and then ten years lady, you're like, hey, I'm selling it consignment. I'm actually getting five K for it. Do you want half? Because you gave me a gift, You'd be like, I'm not entitled to anything you get from this. He probably doesn't want to withdraw on himself because of the tax implications on him.
Speaker 1: That's not how it works though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this split it in half. How are you gonna do that? Put some coins in her wallet, let her hold it for a bit.
Speaker 1: Now he's gonna give her the cash, is he? Well, why would he reach out exactly?
Speaker 2: Why would he reach out? It sounds shady, boots.
Speaker 3: If this guy was into bitcoin ten years ago, the kind of literacy he has about what to do with it and what not to do it with it far exceeds her. And from her, as you said before, someone who's not like someone has a rudimentary understanding of it.
Speaker 2: From her personally, she's like, oh my god, I feelgy because you're gona give me money.
Speaker 3: Why would someone ten years into the bitcoin game be thinking about giving you any kind of money.
Speaker 1: I think that he's had a kombaya come to God moment and is like, I want to spread love and peace.
Speaker 3: This same guy who would have had a kombaya come to come to Jesus moment when bitcoin was like eighty six thousand dollars per coin. I don't think so. Something shady is happening. Look, leave yourself out of it.
Speaker 2: Sis. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
Speaker 1: Now I say take the money and run. You're with flexing Frooms, okay, take your current boyfriend on a holiday, then you have someone to say about it. All expenses, trip to pig okay, Okay, your taxes.
Speaker 2: Everyone. You've been listening to the flex and Frooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.