Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Noldurn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hello podcasters, Christian O'Connor here we're into February now. Just a little note to say it's great seed back on the show. Thank you very much to you continue to port off my adventures down Under. As always my email address if you want to email about anything to the show, we call that late to the party is Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au. On with the.
Speaker 3: Show live from level two twenty one to thirty one, good Wood Street. Wretchman, this is the Christian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Melvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hello, Oh, well that didn't start like it should have done. Sorry, we got some technical thoughts. Hip. Come on, it's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show or Gold one o four point three. So feb Fast starts today for me.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you do the weekend?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: I told you that I had to pass for Saturday night. Okay, I was going out Satura night with some friends. It's a birthday dinner and so I had that's one of my passes.
Speaker 4: Did you use Friday in the end as well.
Speaker 2: Did you fed fast? Welcome to feed Fast. It's the first of February. Today fed Fast begins to actually began yesterday. I didn't have anything yesterday. I'm day two on fed fast and I am hashtag winning. Don't look better.
Speaker 4: Usually drink.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, the month has money begun? Credd. A tough week last week. Friday wasn't the nights have started? Saturday night was out for a birthday dinner.
Speaker 6: I'm hearing excuses, not at all.
Speaker 2: It started yesterday, smash day one. I'm actually finding it really easy not to drink.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I'm pure since we started, but true pure Friday, Saturday, no alcohol, Sunday, no alcohol this Friday.
Speaker 2: I've got past as well, because I've got the dads and I've got the Dad's Not Out. That's my second past. We said Friday that there were going to be two passes. Okay, so I've used one of them for Saturday and another one this Friday for the Dad's Night out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're burning them up pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah No, then that's it every general rest of the month. That's it. I'm going to be clean and lean and no booze whatsoever. But I just need to get Friday out of the way and then I am done. So you've been no booze all weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that's what we promised to do.
Speaker 2: I thought no, I said Saturday. I said Saturday. I need it and I need to pass as well. I must have say hello to Rick and Pam, the lovely Winners that I took on the backstage tour to go and see Phil Collins the backstage Tour on Friday, which was amazing. I've got some I learned a hell of a lot. How many people do you think work on that show? Those big stadium shows? Hundreds, one hundred and fifty two and fifty two? Wow, I was your sucking aunt colony Anny of us would know, would know you shouldn't when you go and see a big stadium show, and bear in mind the Phil Colins show is a is a big stadium show, but it's not like you too. Imagine when you two when they really have these shoes, light shows and even more moving parts. There must be even more people, but it was. It was incredible. Everyone knows what they're doing and there was a load of people right that just hands like freescent jackets and on the back of it. It just said pusher. Their job is to be at the bottom of a ramp pushing the big flight cases when they're downloading and uploading. Just to push the flight case up the ramp. Someone else will then be at the top of the ramp to put it in the back of the truck.
Speaker 4: I honestly, at first thought you meant they push.
Speaker 2: His chair.
Speaker 4: Because he's on an office chair. That means they push him out on stage.
Speaker 2: It's like Davross. If any of you remember the terrifying guy, that's who he is. Now he's a dav Ross on today's show, then busy show. Paying off your bills again, h seven o'clock, I could be calling why are you? It will be definitely one of you, only if you've gone to our website gold one, I four three dot com dot au. Thanks to Tintacar, I now have less than fifty thousand dollars to pay your bills. But I've still got a lot and we are d down with amazing tickets to come and see some of the most famous, some of the biggest acts in the world. I mean that this week, every day this week pair of tickets. It was announced yesterday Elton John Final Australia New Zealand tour. This is big news. I've lucky enough to see out before. I urge you to do everything you can to ore the win. Tickets with us have gone buy the tickets, got details this morning. He can buy tickets. He is something else live. This is going to be his last ever tour, but he is still brilliant and people I know friends of mine who've seen this, there's an amazing way it ends, the way he leaves the stage, and they said that everyone is in tears.
Speaker 4: Five to the piano.
Speaker 2: Kicks it into the front row. So I got a pair of tickets for outing John and Fleetwood Mac every single show this week coming up next Then we're gonna tell you something different We're gonna do if you only hear this part of the show between six and seven o'clock the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We've worked out what the technical problem was. At the start of the show. One of the producers came in and admitted to forgetting to turn half the studio on. It's entirely understandable because as a producer you only really have one job in the morning, turn the studio on. It's a bit life. You run a restaurant and someone has forgot to turn the opans on. But apparently all the buttons are now on, so I can bye, we have blacks and what our producers get in in the way? Put her name down the book. Ah, now I'm in Pats. Her name lives in the book. All right, then this is what we're gonna do. Then A lot of you only ever hear this part of the show the start of the show, as you start, even from that bit kicking us off, it doesn't always go to plan, you know. It's kind of like the bit between six and seven the boss isn't listening. A lot of you are up, hard working people. You get to work way before anybody else. Some of you have already been at work while we've been asleep, and you're heading home. I always think this is a very unique part of the show, the first hour show. It's my favorite hour of the show. We're a lot more juicy, lucy and relaxed. No one's watching it, yes, no one's listening. Rules don't apply, don't apply. That's right.
Speaker 4: Maybe our listening as my friend who's a trading just texted and say, hey, fix that dead air. You're ruining the production on site.
Speaker 2: Wow, give him projuice bets and I'm not going to mention no names, won't throw any one of the best. But it's producer bet all right. So this is what we're going to do. We're going to call this hour from now on the Golden Hour. Often when radio shows give their name to an hour, it's one of their big primetime hours. It's never this part of the show. Let's not bear in mind at least we are on air at six scott There are certain other people on breakfast shows up and down the darnel I don't care to get out of bed this early.
Speaker 4: They're still a sleep problem.
Speaker 2: Pay he's still in bed right now, So we own any of this. Eddie's a hologram this time of the morning as well. He's talking, but he's not there. He's beamed in. It's recorded from years ago. So we're going to call the Colder now and if if you can us, you can become one of the Goldies. So if you regularly listen to this part of the show from between six and seven, we're going to start referring to you as the Goldies, the lot, the tuning after seven o'clock and eight o'clock and nine. They're all great too, but then never get to be you the Goldies. So if you want to be one of the Goldies, you need to call me now to us why we should let you become one of the legendary and early adopters the Goldies. Give us a call now. Nine four one four one oh four three. It might be that you listen every single morning. It might be that you always up this early, might be the real work. You're a hard working person in Melbourne. You want to be a Goldie, then give us a call nine four one four one oh four three. We'll take your calls next. Any cases as to why we should let you become one of the Goldies. Nine four one four one oh four three. We are going to be selective as well, because I have met some of you. And nine four one four one.
Speaker 1: Oh four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we're going to call this out of the first hour of power on this show. There's not already hour of power, but anyway, if we just say that, maybe it become an hour of Power.
Speaker 4: I think you have something an hour of Pair on Friday.
Speaker 2: But it's what do you call it's a selflfilling prophecy. It's not. It's not going to motivate any of it. So we go. This is the hour of music and ads, and it's a bit of travel and news stuff like that. It's the Hour of Power, Jack. It's going to be called the Golden Hour. Therefore, you could become a Goldie. If you want to become a Goldie, you call us up to us why you should become one of the soon to be legendary Goldies. Nine four one four one oh four three. Let's go to lines chat to some of you. Let's go. Deborah, good morning. Oh, I know what's happened now. It's not the Hour of Power. There's nothing about this is power. The systems jammed again. What's happened to the studio? There? No, it's what's happening, Jack, it's what's happening.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to I'm trying to help you life. Pull the calls in all right.
Speaker 2: I'll try again. Welcome to the Hour of Power. On the line now on the Hour of Power. Yeah, Deborah, Deborah, Hello, yay, Welcome to the Hour of Power. Hey, Debra, good morning mate.
Speaker 7: Good morning to you guys.
Speaker 2: How was your weekend, Deborah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, not great, but alright, thank you.
Speaker 2: Parking All yeah, I have to plead my case with you. So I am a pathology.
Speaker 5: Collector takes bloods at.
Speaker 7: Baux Field Hospital in the prior hospital.
Speaker 5: I live in Jerick Lynn.
Speaker 9: I leave home at eight, sorry five booty in the morning, so I'm already waiting for you to come on at six.
Speaker 7: It takes me about fifty.
Speaker 9: Minutes, so I have to allow another half an out of time parking and then walk to work.
Speaker 7: Because there is nothing.
Speaker 2: That's an extreme. That's how you start your day every day.
Speaker 7: Yes, and I'm also now at three steen, three and four because I have to.
Speaker 8: I like my face, my hair.
Speaker 7: I'm nearly fifty nine and I'm getting on of this.
Speaker 5: We all laugh, and the light's not bored and I'm perspiring in the farm. I'm trying to get ready that.
Speaker 7: I just loved your show.
Speaker 5: And yeah, the age matches seven.
Speaker 7: I'm a gold and oldie.
Speaker 2: Great, Okay, well look you got I think Debra, you're reingly our first ever Goldie. Okay, so we're putting this together. I haven't got any kind of production it all of all of the matage to get so far is no, that's not it.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you won an award.
Speaker 2: Dep Yeah, it doesn't sound right though. Welcome you are a Goldie. Yeah, think again at the end of a Star Wars movie where they do and now the Confederation want to thank and solo. All right, Deborah, you're the first ever Goldie. Okay, Oh, it's fantastic.
Speaker 8: Do I get a no.
Speaker 2: Push, Deborah? All you get is this.
Speaker 4: You get the music.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the certificate. It's a radio certificate. It's as good as.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, have a good day, good luck. Hopefully you can find a parking bay within half an half an hour looking for a parking bay every day I reckon another great competition. Nobody did the Golden Ticket last week, the Golden Bay giveaway parking base. Do you know a friend of mine, right, it's one of these where they called hedge fund managers absolutely loaded. I mean a multi multi millionaire. And he used to have a nightmare every morning dropping his kids off at school. And he said to school they were like trying to bring his money for a new sports hal he said, I'll give you a quarter of a million. This guy was loaded quarter a million towards the sports all thank you so much. We're named it after you went, oh, I don't want to name it after give me my own bait.
Speaker 6: It's brilliant.
Speaker 2: They gave him his own parking spot because he chipped in quarter of a million dollars.
Speaker 4: But if there's ever a way, remember how embarrassed you were when your mum and dad came to pick you up from school. If your dad had his own parking day.
Speaker 2: We're getting there early, wait for school to finish and stuff like that as well.
Speaker 4: That used to be our cricket pitch where we play every morning. Now that's your dad's personal parking spot.
Speaker 2: Dare we try another caller? All right, let's go to Scott and Warribee good money. Scott has been literally one of the first people that ever called the show when I stumbled on air about seven or seven odd months ago, so you have to be one of the goldie Scott and Wearabee definitely, thank.
Speaker 10: You very much for MS appreciate.
Speaker 2: It needs to be short of that as well, because we will have to sort of sit here for five seconds and it's going to slow the whole procedure down. All right, Scott, I have a good day. He didn't even need to make a case. Let's go to Sue. Good morning, Sue.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning Sue. Welcome to not quite the Hora Power, but the gold Now, why do you want to become one of the Goldies?
Speaker 7: I just I while listening to you guys in the morning, I head off to Jim Jim at Pakenham so I have a commute memory.
Speaker 2: Through the paclom Sorry did you say do you mean Jim like he's a partner or a love interest? Because people no meal to go, I head off to the gym. They don't go. I'm going to Jim. I'm going to I'm going to be I'm gonna be with Jim for an hour and I always put through my paces. I'm always sweating at the end of it. I have to have a shower afterwards. Actually for an hour at Jim.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, yeah, no, my husband.
Speaker 2: No idea. Graduations. Congratulations, So welcome, You're a Goldie.
Speaker 5: Yay, thanks guy?
Speaker 2: All right? Kit Nicolls going nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we're going to start calling this out of the Golden Hour between now and seven am, and you can become one of our Goldies if you are listening to this part of the show, the first hour of the show. Like Ian the Garbo has been doing since very early days, show number rut. I don't even know what show number are today. I think it's one hundred and thirty one or thirty two. Hey, good morning in Christian.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good to you on the road already collecting garbage?
Speaker 8: Yes for him?
Speaker 2: Get in and where's your rounds this morning? Where are you going to be appearing if people want to line the streets.
Speaker 6: I'm in Beerfield at oh.
Speaker 2: Very nice and I guess with the hot weather as well. The bins are extra stinky at the moment.
Speaker 8: The under the.
Speaker 6: Food waste cinema.
Speaker 2: All right, in the garb you're definitely going to be one of our goldies.
Speaker 10: Welcome, okay, Christian, I am a question for a quick Christian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do we get all the help in the gold you look helping so we can wear Apparently.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. It's a very good yeah, yeah, we'd all right, all right. One last one, James the Baker. What are you baking, James, Good morning.
Speaker 10: Top with chick cookies?
Speaker 11: Man, about six hundred of them, So I reckon.
Speaker 2: Ie to be a golden oldie six hundred and why are you making six hundred cookies?
Speaker 7: We do?
Speaker 2: We do a order for school lunchers, all right.
Speaker 10: We got cheese and baking rolls.
Speaker 2: And then people who want to cover all the major food groups. You have just have a chocolate chip cookie, can't you? Yeah? All right, James, James the Baker, definitely, if there any leftover, send them into us.
Speaker 10: Okay, let's talk for the boss about that bank.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, James.
Speaker 1: All the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well, if you want to know when do the Elton John tickets go and sell? You can win them every day with us this week you can buy them February the fourteenth. All you've got to remember is Valentine's Day. Then Valentine's Day, Elton John tickets go on sell this morning show. Give you all the details where he's going to be and when the amazing thing is he's here for a bit. He does Brisbane, he does Sydney, he does Melbourne, two nights at rod Labor. He's doing Hanging Rock as well. Goes back home to walk the garden, then comes back in the new year to do the green. It's amazing. I've never known anyone to.
Speaker 4: I know, once you make the effort to come all the way out here. Just day they talk.
Speaker 2: They blasted all like Saturday night last night, and Phil Connors as well, Tort he's not nipping back home for a bit, you know, clean the oven, then coming back all the way. I think it's astonishing. All right, then it's time for this is this day mystery on this day all right, Jack is in charge of it. This morning February the fourth officially the start of fed fast. Everyone always knows that you start fed fast on the fourth because the Gregorian calendar. Actually February the first is today. So just to side note, if you're don't fed fast, you wasted your time over the weekend. It starts now.
Speaker 4: And then when you're thrown you by the time you throw in your hall passes and that early finish that you won.
Speaker 2: This week all right, then, So February fourth Jack, so.
Speaker 4: Notable mentions before I get to today's clue. The first one is one of the main reasons that Puts is distracted for ninety percent of the show. In two thousand and four, February four, social MiGs are invented.
Speaker 2: Top It, Facebook, poppers, wizzards down as siders. She's on them all ready. Oh come on, you're always on it on the show.
Speaker 12: You have not.
Speaker 6: Touched it since we've been back this year.
Speaker 2: Thanks, she's doing fed FoST.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Jack, that's all right. The second one, I've never heard of this. In nineteen ninety three, Russian scientists scientists unfilled a giant mirror in orbit that flashed a beam of sunlight across Europe during the night.
Speaker 2: Why does this right.
Speaker 4: Ring a bell to either of you? So they were trying to invent a way to have longer daylight hours.
Speaker 2: Using a mirror.
Speaker 4: It's a massive mirror, so they wanted they threw the mirror up into into space. It shines light back onto the Soviet space.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've got enil muscus car that is just pumps on mass and there's a mirror to floating around. Is it going to come crashing down to Earth? Think you've plannetar seven years bad luck.
Speaker 4: So they thought by giving themselves more daylight hours, farms would prosper more, crops would grow more, and they would be the superior country. But it burnt up coming back into the atmosphere, and then they never raised enough money to send it back up again. But it did work. Little bit it shine, It's shone a bit of light back onto earth. But today's clue. In nineteen ninety eight, someone threw something at Bill Gates. Have a listen to this audio clip and then I'm going to ask you what was thrown at Bill Gates?
Speaker 12: Police and security guards in Belgium were caught flat footed today by a cowardly sneak attack on one of the world's wealthiest men. The targets was Microsoft chairman Bill Gates. Are raving for a meeting with community leaders.
Speaker 4: On this day in history. What was thrown at Bill Gates?
Speaker 6: Keyboard?
Speaker 2: A mouse?
Speaker 13: It's not lacking an Apple computer by a big macfan jobsy at the back, heckling him nine four one four one, not shoe nine four one four one oh four to three.
Speaker 2: Give us cycle. We'll take your guesses. Next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: On this day, mystery on this day, All right, February four, Back in the day each morning to take you back in time, give you a clue to something happened on this day in mystery. Jack is in charge of it. This morning.
Speaker 4: In nineteen ninety eight, Bill Gates was hit with something. This is the news clip from the day.
Speaker 12: At Lease and security guards in Belgium were caught flat footed today by cowardly sneak attack on one of the world's wealthiest men. The target was Microsoft chairman Bill Gates, arriving for a meeting with community leaders.
Speaker 4: What was he hit with?
Speaker 2: Cowardly sneak attack? What's the guy? Manago, I'm coming Bill, still walking to get your Bill with a surprise. Glenn, good morning. There you go mate, I'm good Glenn. Good weekend, Welcome to the show. What's your guess?
Speaker 10: Yeah, look, I think it was a shoe that he was targuled with a shoe.
Speaker 2: Nothing worse than a sneaky attack with a left or right shoe is the get out of.
Speaker 4: It with the shoe, Glen, It wasn't a shoe, thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh it's come on and Kirsten, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you pretty good? Kirsten, got a nice weekend as well, Coast and welcome to the show. What's your guess? I think it was an apple? An apple it's got worm in it? Or what's a cowardly sneak attack with an apple? No, it's not that Kerston. Thanks you cool. It's got a one last one. Neil, good morning, Good morning, Christian, Neil. What do you think it is? He got absolutely splitted with a cream pie?
Speaker 4: You've got it. He was here with a cream pie.
Speaker 2: This is great. You know, it's good enough for Lauren Hardy and those over the slapstick comedy in Bustin keating the cream pie in the face.
Speaker 4: So the news and goes under saying nobody knows why he was here with the cream pile, what the motivation was? Until I read the comments of the YouTube clip and get this. The pie thrower is Noel Godin, a famous European well known for professional cream pie throwing.
Speaker 2: There is an annual cream by throwing competition.
Speaker 4: Well, but this guy is famous for having cream pied European ministers of government, some European CEOs, journalist writers, even the French President Wow. And then this commenter goes on to say, you can check out other videos of YouTube of nol godin Pieee.
Speaker 2: The Hall of Fame of who is cream pined.
Speaker 4: He's always doing this with absolutely no physical violence and premium quality cream Wow.
Speaker 2: At least if you're going to touch the French Romans. Otherwise this guy and he should have been a better quality Lima merangue. I remember there's a guy who smashed an egg on the head of John Prescott when he was the deputy Prime Minister in the UK a couple of years ago. It's quite a few years ago, about ten fifteen years ago. John Prescott, big guy, right, tough northern guy. Normally when these people get egged, they don't know what to do in the security guards like swarm them, don't get him out there, John Prescott, Right, you're going to go on the internet, you go on Google them to see this John Prescott. Guess this idiot just smash is an egg? Said John Prescott, turns around bag just punches him in the face. Does he even think about it, just hits him square in the face. It's a man, I guess Gates He's not going to do that.
Speaker 4: Is he a political suicide for him or fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: No, he was a hero. Honestly, the popularity that the party they're in power went through the roof because he punched so and who egged him? All Right, we got the newsless work coming up next to I will be calling one of you to pay your bill.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I hope you were in a great weekend. Beautiful weather here again it always I'm used to having summers in back in pommy Land, where it's even during the so called summer it's very, very very unpredictable, which is why we always head over to Europe because you can rely on sunshine. Then you can't in the UK and it's a shame. So here every day I see the sun. I still find myself here that there's chant in Australian. Yesterday one of my neighbors no, I can't believe it. Another sunny day and he looks like is he taking the mickey or winding me up? Why is he? It's the summertime. Yeah, it's gonna be sunny for another couple of weeks. But it was stunning of the weekend. On today's show, Them Gone Monday, miss her lyrics not one, not two, but two musical legends you'd go and see live. You could be winning tickets to go and see Elton John got a big announcement about where he's gonna be playing when you can get your tickets, and some exciting news as well. But extra shows for Fleetwood Map. We've got tickets for both of those. But right now, I'm going to pay somebody's bills. Christ Jan O'Connell's fifty down a dollar your bills is our work. Sounds to Tintacar, don't drive naked this summer. I've got fifty thousand dollars. Update. I did have fifty thousand dollars when we started last Tuesday, Jack, how much did I get through four days on pay your bills and paying them? Offer just after seven o'clock at the BAT show ten am, one pm, and four pm every day.
Speaker 4: So far, you've given away eighty four hundred and ninety five dollars fifty cents, leaving you with forty one thousand, five hundred and four dollars.
Speaker 2: Fifty Okay to take part in this. Lots of emails over the weekend. A lot of people that really need our help. Please go to the website. First of all, that's where you need to enter Gold ONEO four to three dot com do au plenty time to do that. Don't worry. Forty one thousand around that is still a lot of money. It's going to be here for the next couple of weeks. Head online Gold one I four to three dot com dot au. Let's call someone up right now. All you have to do is pick up when I call, and I'll pay your bill, which is easies out. There's no quiz, there's no phrase that pays this hopefully will be Amy. Hello, that was quick. Hey, good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, Amy common.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 7: How are you really good here in your place on my phone this morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet because you need one thousand and twenty seven and eighty five cents paid off.
Speaker 11: That is correct.
Speaker 2: We are doing that for you. Amy. Okay, well done.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 11: He held out so much. You've got no.
Speaker 2: Idea what has happened? I see on your entry. Why don't you tell us what happened about the wedding and the car?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so we were coming home, my husband and I were coming home from a wedding and we were both probably a little bit tired and a little bit stressed because we were going away the next day. And my husband slightly misjudged the garage door and scratched the side of his car across two panels on the brickwork.
Speaker 2: You've only got a scratch of car, you know, two or three inches. They've got a new panel door. They've got to respray the entire thing. Sue's an absolute nightmare. So two panel doors, he must have throw away the car or where they charge you.
Speaker 11: Oh, he wouldn't let me do that. His car is his baby, so a devastating moment for him.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There are these guys, right, they're called like a dent and paint magicians that can come round and try and get out. But when it's over two doors, you've got no hope. Is all the bills for no.
Speaker 11: So the bill's actually from my car insurance because we just had to pay his after making the claim on the insurance. You just got ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Then the premium goes to the roof because you've made a claim on it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so it's just snowball. We paid his off and then about a week later, mine turned.
Speaker 2: Up, William, wasn't it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Two at once? Not not great, especially when one's already for a high powered vehicle.
Speaker 2: So Amy, be honest with me. Aren't you just believed that you didn't crash it and cause the damage?
Speaker 8: Totally?
Speaker 11: Totally?
Speaker 2: It would be the same, you know, if that happened to my wife. I going, it's not me hit on the money. But yes, this won't be held over me. There was someone else, but it's not going to be this.
Speaker 11: Thank your That means said I did back my car and he's toe bar once and he was really.
Speaker 2: About it, so right, Okay, you've got to be good about this.
Speaker 11: Yeah, when it was himself, he was just devastated.
Speaker 5: So good.
Speaker 2: But how do you slightly misjudge the garage door though? They mean that's pretty.
Speaker 11: Big, very small opening and it's a very big what is it reversity into pretty much? Pretty much? It was a terrorist?
Speaker 2: All right, I get it, all right, Well, listen, we wipe off that bill one and twenty seven dollars and the all important eighty five cents that's on us.
Speaker 11: Okay, fantastic, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Hey, pleasure, Okay, have a good week. Thanks for entering and pay your bills.
Speaker 10: You two? Thanks, all right.
Speaker 2: Next chance win? I don't know what that was. At ten am this morning, Bill paid next chance to win. After ten am Wenchester now Gold one o four three dot com dot.
Speaker 1: U The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So beautiful weather of the weekend and midday on Saturday, when you know I'm starting to have golf lessons, Yeah, with your one club learning from scratch. So me and my mate he's also learning from scratch as well, and we thought we'd go out and have our first ever nine holes on eighteen. We're nowhere near ready for that.
Speaker 4: Oh this was unsupervised. This wasn't with your coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When I told him during Friday's lesson, he literally went what I said, Yeah, we're gonna I'm gonna go out and play.
Speaker 4: You're not ready.
Speaker 2: You look at me though, and then he terrified. He goes, Wat's only playing because it can be really hot. I went midday, I went, wh are you going to learn? All right? There's a phrase, isn't there, mad dogs englishman? Go at the midday sun, midday three hours in that baking heat.
Speaker 4: You know on TV we have this show called Bondai Rescue. So many tourists come to Bondai Beach and try and go swimming, and they're not used to the rips. They should do one about baside rescue.
Speaker 2: You it's just pommies like me. I had no idea.
Speaker 4: I didn't know it'd be so fun today.
Speaker 2: But don't worry. Where I was trying to find the ball very shady, very shady in the rough, which is where I spent my most of my time. But anyway, I didn't realize, right, So me and mate, we book a tea time. Okay, go online, We're going to tee off at mid midday and you're paired up with two other people. Oh yeah, I keep the flow and it's at mid downer Saturday. So we get there.
Speaker 4: Well, they'll be thrilled to get you.
Speaker 2: Poor this poor mate heat. So we get there and we go, oh, we're here for at the TIF. He goes, yeah, there's somebody else with you, and I'm like, oh god, So I see this guy is like warming up. Okay, it's like Tiger Woods, right, it's warming up. He's in practice shots, right, Ben in mind, I don't even own a set of clubs. I had to drive to my instructor's house for him to lend me a set of clubs, and he told me these aren't my good ones and brought out some antique set of clubs that are basically wooden sticks for of dust and a couple of red back spiders in the I'm like really old looking things. So I go up to and go hi, I'm Christian. By the way, he goes, oh, I'm just listen mate, we've never played before, and he goes, oh, cool, right here at this course, it's a really nice cause the backlers were no, no, no, we've never played golf before. You know in cartoons where someone's face hits the debt and makes a big god gong. That was his face. He didn't even say anything for a couple of seconds, as I just saw all the sums is said saying, that's this afternoon written off. He'd obviously been looking forward to a round of golf and there's two clowns.
Speaker 4: And he can't run away from Ukenny because he can't go forward.
Speaker 2: The group ahead of us. The group behind us was three more mature ladies as well, who were having a good afternoon of it. So he's stuck with us. This poor guy justin he was very very patient with us. He was very very patient. Forget this. His day got even worse. For the first hole, he whax it. You know, he hits it perfectly, and we're like, mate and I are look at each other like, who's going to go?
Speaker 4: So nervous, right step up to the ball and please?
Speaker 2: Absolutely I was. I was terrified. What made it worse?
Speaker 10: And is?
Speaker 2: He then stands by the side staring at the tee. So I decide, I'm gonna do this. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna rip the band aid off. I'm gonna be the set. I'm gonna be the next person to tell there's a there's like a clubhouse where people can have drinks. So there must be twenty old boys that sat there and I look round for some reason, they're all staring at me. I nod to them, like you you are going to see this.
Speaker 14: I've never been so, I've never been under more pressure in my life. Is like losing my virginity. I was like, I was literally trying to control my breathing. I thought, one, but I'm going to faint so heat. I'm so scared anyway. The best, the best hit I had in the whole next three hours was that one shot I hit it, and this Australian guy justin went shut like that.
Speaker 2: It kept doing that when anyone hit a good shot. I don't know if it's a golfing thing. I somehow on the first hole beat him by one, one by one hit I got. I got it in five as a four part and he was too over. He then now is fuming. So the next hole, if you win the hole and you're playing, you know, with somebody else, it's whoever wins the whole they tee off next. Now there's even more pressure on me. I'm the first person teeing off, and I was starting to think, you know what this is it? This is not meant to be a golfer. You know, maybe breakfast shows that would be something to do. But I'm actually maybe one of those guys that found what is really meant to be doing late in life. So I'm now limbering up thinking I'm going to muller this again. In golf, it's quite an antiquated sport and some of the practice are a little bit behind the times. There's the tea area, where you have to tee off if you're a man in front of that is the it's the ladies bit. Now, I I try to hit the bulljack, but I'm now even more nervous for the second one because I'm now thinking I'm a prone I'm really there's too much pressure now, way more pressure than the first one. It does make contact, but there's an awful noise like a fart. Basic it just goes and it doesn't go past. It didn't go past the ladies area to teeing off. It went about six meters yep. And that's it. I mean, that's that. That's your your round on that whole starting now.
Speaker 4: The all you can hope for is that your friend is off worse than you.
Speaker 2: He hid it into the trees, and normally in the UK, if you hit into the rough, you'll go and start looking for it. In Australia, he's the problem. He's been living in fifteen years. Both of us are terrified about what's in the hedges. He just goes, I'll scratched out, I'll play with the brand new ball and drops it down. So if you ever out bayside at the weekend and you've see me, please try and pick someone else to play golf with.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Great News out and John bringing his farewell tour to Melbourne. Two nights of Rod Labor Outdoors are Hanging Rock goes back home Christmas in is big mansion in Windsor and the Queen's place out there, and then he comes back in the new year Ruschard wines down the Green, which is fantastic. Hanging Rock though, I'm going to go and see him a couple of times. I'm big out John fan, and he is amazing live and it actually makes you quite feel quite sad. You feel that if he's getting older, ways he lives to tour, He's been touring for years and years and years. Lives to play live. That is so much of his life has been around still the joy of playing his hits, and some artists must get so fed up doing the hits, but he never phones it in. I arge you try and get the tickets when they go and sell. Next week, you go and see out live when he's over Hanging Rock though, I'm fascinated by his place. Slightly scared obviously because Picnick at Hanging Rock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a great place. I've never been to a concert there, but I would love to see a live show up better incredible.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been out there, to saynything live? Pats?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 6: Actually, who did you see Springsteen? It was awesome?
Speaker 2: Oh you went to that show and we went there.
Speaker 6: I think in primary school for an excursion, way way back at Hanging Rock.
Speaker 4: Isn't that what happened to the girls in the middle?
Speaker 2: That wasn't true.
Speaker 6: It's just yeah, it wasn't true. That didn't really happen.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if you read online. I used to made the mistake yesterday reading online again myself night mess. And what do you do? Because it lives like just one road, it's about seventy ks from here. How do you do people sleep out there?
Speaker 6: Or do you just I don't know if you can camp out there, I'm not sure, but there's heaps of places to stay around there.
Speaker 4: Did you stay out there, Pats for Springsteen?
Speaker 6: I know, just did a day trip. But it's such a pretty spot. They have New Year's Day. I think it is horse racing out there. It's brilliant, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, we've got bad tickets. It's the first chance to actually get out on John tickets. Weaken up before they go and sale. We've got a pair every single day this week. We're going to put it on this pats was telling me earlier about an amazing thing that happened yesterday at Bunnings with her and her husband Chris.
Speaker 6: So he was m I A, So we go to Bunnings. He's in the market for a new ladder. So we go to Bunnings.
Speaker 2: That's exciting time in any guy's life, isn't it on a Sunday when you think I'm in a new ladder, you know Upgrave weekend.
Speaker 6: Well it's busted. So we go there and we lost him for about half an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, he finally it's his Rockel welch post and short sharp redemption the ladder at Bunnings. He's had it all. Why does he even need a ladder to escape from Patsy?
Speaker 4: How many husbands have gone out of the back door of Bunnings and done.
Speaker 2: I was just going to go and get the ladders and never seen again.
Speaker 6: That's what I thought had happened. Audrey got distracted by.
Speaker 2: The your Netflix series like that one was that one at the moment, but the people that disappeared.
Speaker 6: She was distracted. She wanted a sausage. So as I'm getting her a sausage, he's just like racked.
Speaker 2: Off yea rev the car and he's practicing no inside.
Speaker 6: The store and I thought, oh, that's really weird. He must be in a hurry.
Speaker 2: So I go.
Speaker 6: We go to the ladder section. Nowhere to be seen. You know how big those places are, ridiculous cavnous. We've gone every single aisle, no sign of him, and like twenty minutes, I thought, this is ridiculous where this Maybe something's happened to him, he's fallen ill or something.
Speaker 4: And you can be in the public toilet. Maybe well that's what I thought.
Speaker 6: I thought, maybe he's got.
Speaker 2: Normally, if that was me, you'd send a text.
Speaker 6: We didn't have our phones, right. We had a bone free day yesterday in so I said to already, look, we'll just sit in the outdoor settings. Daddy will find us eventually. So we're sitting there and she was starting to get concerned and she said, Mummy, what if Daddy's left without us?
Speaker 2: What if he's And you were checking all details on the insurance policy again. So when when if he goes comes back, you know, he's.
Speaker 6: Finally cash, finally met someone online and they've written off in the sunset.
Speaker 4: Together or in their ladder aisle.
Speaker 6: So anyway, I thought, you know what, I'll go to the front dis and I'll get them to do an announcement.
Speaker 2: Brilliant.
Speaker 6: I was really concerned. I thought this is really out of character for Chris. It's like half an hour later. So anyway, I go up to the counter. I said to the lady, look, we've got someone lost. I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind doing an announcement. And she looked very concerned. She goes, oh goodness, yes, So she gets her pen and paper and she said, oh, what's their name? And I said, oh, his name is Chris. She goes, okay, and how old is your little boy? And I said he's forty six.
Speaker 2: We're still little boys. We're still a little boys. And so did they do the tan of announcement? Yes, Chris. Did you come to the information day?
Speaker 6: Did you come to the information please, Chris, there's.
Speaker 2: A moody looking woman here sort of scare the customers.
Speaker 6: Please get out of her, and he said, I was just looking around.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing with Bunnings. It's an Aladdin's cave, all right. So this morning, when did you hear your name being called out and the tannoy system on the PA system, give us a called best call we get we'll give your pair out on John tickets nine four one oh four three. Suddenly the lines were going ten to the dozen. Right then there were free out of John tickets. When you hear you go actually put some effort into it. You don't want the tickets, No gigpig off you go to Fox, Bye bye, gay pigs. We don't want your listening, lazy listeners. Off you go, bye bye, go along. Fox are giving away some free shoes or a hack out whatever corner now.
Speaker 4: Have you've had radio competition actually giving away haircuts.
Speaker 2: Give us a call then when you heard your name read out called out over the PA interannel system nine four one four one o four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four Elton John tickets where before they go and sold next week?
Speaker 2: You can win them every day with us, which is an amazing chance. You go and see a living icon the end of this year is coming over doing a whole lot of great shows. Tickets gone sound next week on Valentine's Day, February fourteenth. So we'll ask you this onrning. When did you hear your name read out over the PA system? Were they what were they trying to call you out? Let's go to the lines now, let's go to Miley. Yes, hullo, Miley, good morning.
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good ie. You had a great weekend? And tell us about the time your name was called out over the PA system.
Speaker 8: Well, I was.
Speaker 7: I worked for a school, so we tacking a small group of.
Speaker 9: Kids too cold to do some shopping for some cooking, and I got separated from the group and say, my colleague, who was a very good friend of mine, decided to get my name called out. And when they said Miley, could you come to the counter, there was a delay in my response because I thought what a stupid name that was that they called out the speaker, So I didn't respond for a few seconds.
Speaker 2: Now, I remember when we had to do cooking at school. I don't remember the teacher's actually been that lazy that they made us go and get the ange food well, we actually.
Speaker 7: I worked for a school for kids with autism, an important part of their program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel really bad. Sorry, Mighty, it's okay, all right, thanks you cool, thank you. Everyone's now stand at the speaker's going he did a bad thing. Ray, good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning Ray and Ray. Well what's your story for us?
Speaker 7: Well, it actually wasn't me who was called out over loud speaker. I just happened to be a local shopping center and just wandering around during my business and I heard my daughter's name being called out, and that kind of surprised me because she was fifteen and should have been at school.
Speaker 2: No way, what are the chances of that's unbelieved? What did you do?
Speaker 7: It kind of caught me off guard for a moment, and because it's not a common sort of name. So I wandered up to center management and inquiet and they're like, yeah, yeah, yeah, we've been calling her name. Somebody handed in her purse. I'm like, oh okay, So I thought I'll just sit and wait for a while, and then in comes my daughter and two of her friends who were meant.
Speaker 8: To be at school.
Speaker 2: Great, incredible, absolutely incredible. I love every element of this story her face. I can picture it now, that look of horror, isn't it when they've been caught out?
Speaker 4: Ray, What did you go for? Because there's a few things you can take on. You could be smug, smiling, furious straight away. What did you go for?
Speaker 7: H Well, it was sort of surprised and it was like, what does and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so hey, that's a great one.
Speaker 7: Right, No teenagers, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exactly, I'm with you there. Ray, All right, Ray, thank you very much. You're cool. Thank you. Pick up the phone and you've got a story as good as that, because that is a great story from Ray. These are Elton John tickets, the first pair of tickets to be ever given away for his shows at the end of this year. When did you hear your name called out over the PA System nine four one four one o four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I've got Elton John tickets up for grabs week and a half before they officially go on south February the fourteenth. You can have them every single day this week. Fleetwood Mac tickets also be wandering about an hour's time, but right now, it's not about Elton John and all looking for is a good stories. Then about hearing your name being called out over a PA system on ninety four one four one o four three. Good morning, Fiona, Hi, how are you going, Christian? I'm pretty good, Fiona. I hope you had a great weekend. And tell us about your name being called out.
Speaker 9: I was at nine and at Chadstone with my mom and my sister and I got completely lost, so I thought it'd be a good idea just to go to the movie. But in the meantime she'd been having my name called out over the paghysm.
Speaker 2: At nine, you had enough sense about you are a cool nine year old just to go lost? Rives go to cinema.
Speaker 9: Then, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 4: Well do you have your own pocket money or how do you buy it?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 9: I do have a little wallet, a little bit of pocket money about popcorn. Myself off to see Casper the Friendly Girls.
Speaker 2: Of course in the cinema, there's no PA system. You watch a movie heaven. Yeah, but what your mom might be terrified. Even just missing one of the kids for a couple of minutes feels like a couple of hours to.
Speaker 9: Say, she was furious. The look on her face was just white hot.
Speaker 2: Anger, just as like a search party for you and everything police out.
Speaker 9: Oh I was in so much trouble. I was so ground that it wasn't even funny.
Speaker 4: It never crossed your mind for you, only that hey, mom might be looking for me.
Speaker 9: No, not really, I just thought they'd be off shopping. And yeah, I didn't even think.
Speaker 4: And you were saying grossed in caspar I mean, it's the story of.
Speaker 2: A ghost, that's brilliant. You own a great story. Okay, might be enough to get the Elton tickets. But thank you for now.
Speaker 9: Okay, thanks Kristin Chish.
Speaker 2: I have a good week, Narrow, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Christian, Hello Nourrelle.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. And just let your name being called out of a PA system.
Speaker 8: Okay. We're a group of friends, a few couples. All were up at day and the green up at All Saints Winerie. Incredibly hot. Day was in the mid forties. We were absolutely exhausted by the time we got back to our tents at the local caravan park, which happened to adjoin a public swimming pool, so in the pitch black of the night, we decided to scale the fence into the public pool. Pew, bit of banter between everyone. The boys were walking around, you know, turned out my husband under who's got ripped off him? It was pretty much you know, we were but we were we were quiet. We were quiet. Unfortunately, some others from the caravan park, also staying there, decided to also join in and bring drinks and things in.
Speaker 2: Anyway, fell on roman logy, now, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 8: It was incredibly hot, so it was it was our best way to cool down and Jesse, we knew we shouldn't have been in there. But the next morning, my friend, our friend Mary's name was called over the PA. The PA Mary went her surname. Please come to the wool office and get.
Speaker 2: Your license, was throwing off like some sort of reality show. Afraid you must leave the caravan park. You have five minutes to collect your belongings.
Speaker 8: Pretty much.
Speaker 2: Just have a look at your time in the caravan part now in your journey. Ah, that's that's amazing, being thrown out of a caravan park.
Speaker 8: And they tried to say that the torn unders were hers and yeah she needed to clean up the pool with her punishment.
Speaker 2: What you got out there's nobe go there, Jack. If they dirtied the ball, it's not a good story we need to hear about. Okay, whatever whatever part of the body co brown co brown, cal, let's go to Grant. Good morning. Hello, Yes, yes, good Grant. I hope you're well as well. Mate. Okay, that's great news, all right, Grant, off you go, buddy.
Speaker 10: Yes, well, every time I go to the airport, you have to being frisked and gog tested and all that sort of stuff. I almost get paid for my flight because I refuse to queue up in a queue to get on a plane.
Speaker 2: Oh no, one of those you always see that guy. I'm too cool for this.
Speaker 4: I'm sort of with you because I don't understand why people line up straight away. You're just gonna go and sit on the plane and way.
Speaker 2: No, no, you're not right anywhere. Because but Grant, what about the in a different time, I was the same as you. I did. But now you've got no hope of getting in the overhead room because people bring they bring like they bring use cases on now then ram them in the overhead locker. So if you're on the last ones coming in, you're anything you've got to put they have to shove it near the back, don't they ll go, We're gonna have to put that in hold.
Speaker 10: Oh that's that's the down side of it. But then you walk in and you go in a plane and you go, there's only one saint left that must be mine. You go straight there. You don't have to line up at anything. But if you're up for twenty minutes, half in there and you're gonna be on there for ten hours, No.
Speaker 2: I love being on that trying out the front of the queue. You get on the plane, stood there trying to come through, and you're like, I got I'm sat down, I'm winning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But Grant, you know you don't have to line up, and then you can just join the end of the queue as you say it, getting to the front. You don't have to wait until they call your name over the PA system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pushing it.
Speaker 10: Don't going to the drink or something with two minutes to go.
Speaker 2: Or I love that. Grant all right, cold hand, Grant, thanks you called. Let's let's go. Rosa.
Speaker 5: Hi, good morning, good mind, the morning. Decades are going.
Speaker 2: But we're all good. Rosa. Thank you for asking and tell us about your name being called out of a PA system.
Speaker 5: Well it wasn't actually my name, it was my carriage.
Speaker 8: Tho.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, what is it? Did you book somebody in or part in a bad spot?
Speaker 5: No? I was actually like a supermarket waiting. He wanted to part from my groceries and he I comes on and my car road. I get called out and I'm thinking, what's going on. I got to the front disk and I said, your car's walked into the car park. I've gotten to take that to the handback on my main walk car.
Speaker 2: It rolled into the car park.
Speaker 5: What well, it rolled out of my car spot into the middle of the car park.
Speaker 2: I get paranoid every time I leave the car that I've got that handbrake on. It's one of those now where it's not the handbrake, it's got a little thing on the floor pedal that you got pushed down. It doesn't. It gives me no confidence.
Speaker 4: My dad's done that before. Rosa and we got back to the car and he thought the car had been stolen. And then we look one hundred meters down the streets those suburb.
Speaker 2: It was making its way over the west gate to Williamstown. Oh the show, all right, Rose, Thanks to calling great story, no problem. All right, after there's a Marine five then we'll giveaway the Elton John tickets.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: They can be getting ready for halftime show, the big show today, super Bowl. Yeah, this isn't it?
Speaker 4: Ten thirty Local time?
Speaker 2: Eight? I'm confused because normally Super Bowl. As a kid, I was a massive teenage fan of the super Bowl and watching all the Girls, a big La Raiders fan. So now I'm trying to get my head around the fact it's on a because the time of it's here, it's it's Monday morning. Yeah, it's the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: For us, it's always been the kind of event you watch crowded around the water cooler and at work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's amazing. If you're a big fan of the watch that. Yeah, Maroon five during the halftime show. All right, So Elton John, that's this earlier bringing his farewell tour to Melbourne three very special venues rod Laver Arena in December. Then he's doing outdoors at Hanging Rock and down the Green at Roachard Wines in January next year. Tickets go on sale for all those shows next Thursday, a week Thursday, that's on February fourteenth, easier to remember it. Valentine's Day. Going to give away the first ever pair of tickets for any of the shows right now, Fiona, Hello, that was a great story. We absolutely love that story about your name being called out the BA system whilst you just were missing at Chadstone and decided to try and find you. Mum. Just take yourself at the age of nine to the cinema see Casper the Friendly Ghost. You're off to see. You're the first person to ever get tickets to go and see Elton John live in this farewell at all. That's pretty amazing.
Speaker 9: That's awesome. That makes all the grounding worth it. Thank you?
Speaker 2: Are you a big fan of Elton?
Speaker 9: I think he's fantastic and he's like an icon, so yeah, it'll be amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh well you'll love the shows. Okay, we'll probably end up seeing you there.
Speaker 9: Oh, thank you so much. You gots fantastic.
Speaker 2: Girst have a lovely week.
Speaker 8: Cheeresy too, bye.
Speaker 2: More just when tomorrow morning the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. All right, so Tony now for Monday's misheard lyrics before I get into the ones you've sent to me. As always, we've got a top five from Big John that makes the top fives this week. He's gone for special one. It's a Phil Colin special. I know a lot of you were at the show's Friday and Saturday because a lot of you we give you a lot of tickets of the last couple of months ago to the shows, and a quite a few of you have taken time in me to do this to actually email us say much. She loved it and were intrigued. As someone described it by Huggy's warm up act, it was powerful, powerful, powerful, Yep, Huggy. Huggy got that crowd ready for Phil Collins, and Phil heard it. Obviously didn't know who Huggy was, but I heard him what he did on the Friday night yep, and came out fifteen minutes earlier on the Saturday night. Okay, so it's a Phil Collin. I'm joking. He did a great job. It's a PHILM Colin special. We all know this lyric from in the Yet tonight and I've been waiting for this moment all my life? Or is it Now I've been waiting for the snowman all my life. Snowman, isn't it is? Though? Snowman? Yep, we'll give him that one. What about this groovy kind of love? Wouldn't you agree? Or is it wooden shoe of green? Yes? It is, wouldn't shoe of green has gone? Now to Uh? This is a great one. One more night, give me one more night? Or is it give me one walnuts? Yeah? It's bang on the money? Three from three? What about this then? From the studio? All right, so it's got a long line, this one. Let me break it down for you. So we're at the moment we're hearing I've got to have her have her now. I've got to get closer, but I don't know how. Or is it I've got to have her have her now. I've got to get kosher, but I don't know how. Is there is that? Four out?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 2: All right? We're going into the last one from Big John, This one from Invisible Touch. Hopefully, Yeah, kids are all at school by now, so we can we can do this one. She seems to have an invisible touch, yeah, or is it she seems to have an invisible Todger? We could have found a new favorite one, Phil warning us of the Invisible Todger five out of five. I think I'm not sure we'll find a better of contender for the title of today's show than Invisible Todger. All right, those are the top five.
Speaker 1: Up next your ones, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three now Monday feature misheard lyrics, So we're just earned the big top five. Now it's time for some of yours. First up, this is Mike. We are family. He's got this one. Just let me state for the record or is it just let me stap all the vicar? I think we're a recorded a copy of that of someone's mixtape from nineteen eighty seven? Is it me? Or is that Muffy? It's really bad? But yes, Mike, it is Staple the vicar. What about this one? This classic from the Pretenders bringing some on brass in pocket, the line that we've all been here and has got you skank. It's so rip he's hearing got moose cake so sweet you skin these years, Stacy's there thinking that Chrissy Hines has been singing about dessert skink. Thank you, Stacy and this one to end on Depeche Mode. Enjoy the silence. This comes from Matt works out at Telmarine Airport. Listens to show. Thank you, Matt, Christian. I don't think it sounds like it's here in my arms. Sounds like somewhere much more painful, doesn't it. Mats bask again take two f oh whatever needed is here in my ass. Matt at at Tellar, Thank you very much for those. If you got any for next week, email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot a U The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Today is that what time wasister? Excellent bonus prize for you. Fleetwood Matt Tickets fourth and final show Just announce a Fleetwood Mac. It be Monday September nine at rod Laver Arena. What a year this year from amazing. It's like a hall of fame artists coming over. Yeah, Monday September nine that the rod Laver Arena is gonna be the fourth and final show for Fleetwood Mac. Tickets on sound now Live Nation dot com dot au grab them one it can. They're selling out so quickly. Those tickets. You can also win a pair on this morning's at work time waster. Change your word ruin a song. That's all it is. Change your word ruin a song. I've got I put a smell on you, a great start. I want to hold your gland. I've also got baby shart.
Speaker 4: I don't even want to go after this.
Speaker 2: Instead of burdens, take a breath away, I've got to take my Jeff away. And I've got nothing compares to stew my mate Stewart. Nothing compares to Steward. It's a great guy. Nothing compares to stew All. Right, change your word ruin a song? What have you got? Damn?
Speaker 4: I wish I was your mother.
Speaker 2: That's a great one.
Speaker 4: All I want for Christmas is poo.
Speaker 2: A guy said, baby shot, how deep is your wallet?
Speaker 4: Instead of how deep is your love? And my final one is listen.
Speaker 2: Size you've written out in giant letters. I mean I have to do with that because I can't read.
Speaker 4: I want to show it to you so that you can read it and tell me if I can say that.
Speaker 2: But you can, I mean you you can, But I think it's you can't do that should be really upset.
Speaker 4: I'll let it stay.
Speaker 2: No, No, you can't say that. Okay, should be really upset.
Speaker 6: No doubt about me say it.
Speaker 2: I'm actually surprised at you.
Speaker 6: Try your hardest.
Speaker 2: No, honestly, no, I'm not. That's I can't say that on right, Okay, send us yours Fleetwood mac tickets up for grabs. Tear it up now, because she'd come in and see them about to stormy to many pieces come in here, all right, this is your Then change your word ruin a song? Oh four seven five O three one O four three oh four seven five O three one O four three is our text. Now'm putting your phone. Oh four seven five O three one O four three. Change your word ruin a song? Best time we get in ten minutes time you have to go and see Fleetwood Matt Live.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Pats came into the studio asked Jack what I censored? Jack told her, and now now you understand why did want that on the show.
Speaker 6: Very awkward now, so it's not nice and.
Speaker 2: It's actually correct. The horrible tension that Jack just child is trying to diffuse by saying picking up a rubic scube and going on look at this rubik scube doesn't cut it.
Speaker 4: It is a cool rubiscu.
Speaker 2: It's got grip on the Yeah, all right, then today's that word time wasted, don't forget. Someone gets to go and see Fleetwood.
Speaker 4: Mac gotta take this seriously.
Speaker 2: It is at hard because I've had to do a lot of editing. These were the filthiest and rudest ones ever, one of them. I think we actually mean. I had to get my head cut off by the Queen of England. Dares someone say that instead of God save the Queen? Yeah, filth like that. I want to give you that tickets. Yeah, I know, because I's someone that with you today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're in good form today.
Speaker 2: All right then, So change a word ruin a song Great Southern Gland, Silver dan uh in the hair tonight, Silver, Papa, don preach.
Speaker 4: It's so simple. Gold.
Speaker 2: We have to do curry songs the other day. That starts off with do preach. That's outstanding work, well done, Mary walk on the mild side.
Speaker 4: I love that gold.
Speaker 2: That's from Nara. We're very smart. A horse with no mane. You ever seen a mainless horse? You never seen a Maine horse. I don't have that dear horses. The first animals ever have a mullet as well. They started rocking that lot a lot before your Australians.
Speaker 4: It would look strange. That's a gold.
Speaker 2: Plus take my meth away Silver. This is instead of Billy Ocean's Lovely Hurts without you lovely Hurts with the broom.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I mean you created something today and they're picking up on it. Silver plus, Uh, suck my kids, I suck my kiss by the sleep eppers becomes suck my cystic. I know, uh. Silver good crimes instead of good times Amanda and Rosebud. Silver plus secondhand shoes, secondhand news, Silver, cats in the ladle nothing nothing our spatters. Gold minus Karen and Glen Iris. I should be some monkey by Kylie Minot.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: These are only once we could read out more awful. Who is going to go and see?
Speaker 4: Give it to the most rated one but also the funniest hor horse.
Speaker 2: That's your winner today The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Earlier on this morning, we were talking about when you've suddenly heard your name being called out over a PA system, you had to go and get your husband's name right out.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, I lost him for half an hour.
Speaker 2: That's great. When you're an adult and you're lost to me and he's getting your name read out, men, you'll drift off I did two years ago at a garden center. Yeah, normally I just want to go and end my life whenever I get taken to a garden center. But anyway, I just wandered off from my wife and the kid. And then suddenly I hear name and at first I thought, are they listening to the radio station I work for? It's a promo, that's the station, that's my name, And then I suddenly saw the information. There's my furious looking wife doing one of these old arms up in the air like some sort of Italian mamma at a funeral. The emotion and stuff like that, and I realized. And then Patsy tells us a story. We've got to do more on this tomorrow. Okay. So we were talking and we got all these great calls. But when you heard your name being read out, and there's one who heard her, Red Joe being read out. The car had rolled in a car park Rosa. She was called, and you've got a story about your you.
Speaker 6: I accidentally can I say Chris used to work in supermarkets? Dropped him off for nights.
Speaker 2: Didn't you meet him? He was collecting, he was a trolley collector.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't meet him.
Speaker 2: He works on the deli counter and he always gave you an extra bit of his cheese. No, that guy isn't He's done so well. And the messie Tom and L five was Pats. She peed usself for you.
Speaker 6: Do you want me to on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm happy.
Speaker 6: I dropped him off at work one night and I accident. I was half asleep. It was like eleven at night. I accidentally backed into his boss's car twice twice.
Speaker 2: You didn't hear a crash, And I felt.
Speaker 6: A bump and I thought, oh that's all right, and so then I put it back into neutral and drove forward and then gave it another go. Bit missed and banged into the back of his felt game.
Speaker 2: And it's his boss. I didn't just drive off. You're not one of those. I didn't you put your details down? Come on and karma, someone's going to smash it. Did you know?
Speaker 6: The worst thing I was in the station news car was anonymous plays in three w M news all down the.
Speaker 2: Side you're kidding. That's incredibly serious.
Speaker 4: Anyway, anyone who sees when you were a hit and run doesn't just have to get the number player. He go, it's the Blacks.
Speaker 2: Any way to win a Bricee if you see Pats lashing into a car.
Speaker 6: I made the news the next morning. But the boss saw it outside the window, and so he said to Chris, oh, look, could you just tell Petrina? Did she realize? He's backed into my car? And I left it? Dam But he was very gracious about it. He was laughing about it.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. Do you know we're saved this for another time? A friend of mine got caught having an affair here because he had one of those station cars who was the sales manager of a radio station.
Speaker 4: How stupid do you have to be there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know, parked outside his mistress's house three or four times a week on of lunchtime and stuff like that. And that his wife found out. She followed him one day. Easy to follow the guy in the station car. What an idiot he has? He pops around four but a lunch star afternoon to light. She knocks on the door. An hour later, woman answers, they start having this big ding Dong and it all comes out anyway. Tomorrow's show that we have to do who you back into? I really hope there are calls out there about hearses, police cars, ambulances, that the worst car to reverse into to back into. Maybe tomorrow on five tyb of Tuesday, that'd be one of the topics. If you've got a story for me, you want to email it today, get ahead of the curve, then email me Christian at Gold one four to three dot com dot AU.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, we are back tomorrow morning. Armed again. Were only more money, I could be calling you in a couple of minutes time, just at the start of Huggy Show and again at one and four. But also we got Flickwood, Mac and Elton John tickets every single day this week. Title of today's show is Invisible Todger. We're back tomorrow morning. We got five top Tuosa as well. Thanks for listening, Have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three