Speaker 1: Is it just me? A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Mitch, you caught up with rider Ora recently.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: This is exciting because I've spoken to her. I did the Math three times, but all over phone and zoo. We never met in person, so.
Speaker 2: This was face to face.
Speaker 1: This time, first face to face interview for me in a year.
Speaker 2: I should have told her to say hi on my behalf. Literally a matter of hours before she came into studio with you, I was filming a TikTok with her.
Speaker 3: God that I saw that tiktog and because it starts off you in your bedroom, I was like another.
Speaker 1: Mitchell Coombs all lot scrolls, girls, girl.
Speaker 2: Blog blog block.
Speaker 1: And then I did watch it. I stood through and it was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that came about during Marti Gras. I got an email saying we have a media opportunity for anyone who wants to do it. And when they said media opportunity, I thought it was going to be some fucking bullshit interview I had to give a quote to like some terrible online publication. It's like whatever and daily and so yeah, I don't know, and I was like, sure, I'll do the media opportunity, I'll spin some bullshit Wavelength Weekly. And then they followed up the next day and said, hey, so about that media opportunity, You're filming a TikTok with Riata Aura. What I was like, huh to promote the new song Bang Bang, which, by the way, no payment involved. Love that song?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it samples Crazy Frog. Well I learned that it samples.
Speaker 2: She said that that's actually not a Crazy Frog original composition.
Speaker 1: I believe it or not, but I had.
Speaker 2: To jump through some fucking hoops to get that TikTok up and happening.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: I was on sick leave and I messaged Jenna because she was at work, and I said, I don't want to show my face in the office. That's not a good look. So I need you to go to my top drawer and find my rainbow fan. You know those foldable fans that you kind of whip out. It's a Pride plastic fan. I need a rainbow fan as a prop. And so Jenna did that, and then it broke, and then I had to super glue it together. And my whole day was evolving around this stupid TikTok with Rita Aora. And then I was like, what's she going to be like, She's just not going to get my vibe. She's going to be like what the fuck in how some British people just don't get Australian humor, but.
Speaker 1: Some are very similar.
Speaker 2: She was so into it. Yeah, yeah, I may be paraphrasing, but she said all the other TikTokers were absolute garbage, but you're my fucking favorite. Really I made that up.
Speaker 3: Well, she said something similar to me at the end. She was like, that was such a good interview, so natural. I feel like we're friends, when in reality she said, can you get this fact on ow?
Speaker 2: Well, I bet I know what you're thinking. Rita Ora and Jenna, No, nothing's going to happen there.
Speaker 1: Well well, well, well I have met Rita Aura. Really.
Speaker 2: Aman Ta Kella introduced me to her.
Speaker 3: She was in the studio for the she did all the shows and Jones and Amanda Kyle and Jack y Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes. She came up to me and said, hello, Jenna, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's it, that's my story. Who do you think is going to play you in the movie?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Eddie Redmond.
Speaker 2: You can in an oscar for it anyway. You caught up with Reader or can I let me tell you about mine? I feel like she's in a good place. She was very viby and very happy in every interview I saw, but I haven't heard yours completely agree.
Speaker 3: Our interview was brilliant, and I need to premise it by this. You've all seen the video and enjuring idiots of me being tackled by ninety bloody bogans wanting the cash Cock, which is a segment I do for Kyle and Jackie. Osher walked in. I went to uh, I sat down with Reader and she goes, hey, Mitch, how are you?
Speaker 1: I go great, she already knows my name.
Speaker 3: This is a really good in person, face to face, big hug, big kiss, and then she I go, I'm from kiss and she goes, no, I know, I know you.
Speaker 1: Kyle and Jackie A were in the morning.
Speaker 3: I went yeah. She went oh, I spoke to them just before and they were amazing.
Speaker 1: And I go, oh, yeah, she's what do you do there?
Speaker 3: I go, oh, my god, long story this segment called the cash cock. She knew the cash cock. She heard it when she must have been in the studio. I don't know how she knew and she said do the voice, and I did the voice and then she did the voice.
Speaker 1: And the funny thing.
Speaker 3: Is the song bang bang sorry, you know, very good five seconds sorry is bang bang and the cash Cock's infamous you know voices?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: You you? Is there a word for chick noise?
Speaker 4: You Kirk?
Speaker 2: You Kirk on every b web.
Speaker 1: That was a sad film.
Speaker 3: That's done Kirk Sorry, I b Kirk and Clark and Clark Clark.
Speaker 1: That's the word and.
Speaker 3: I I She asked if I could forward announce her song, which is very app because in this show we did to hit the post intro as cash Cock. So I'm gonna leave it all in. It won't make sense because there'll be no song played.
Speaker 2: But oh my god, did you seriously say.
Speaker 3: Bang?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? I want to hear this play play and sit.
Speaker 1: Through for five This is me and read it or one on one and John Chill midnight just like reader, Aura.
Speaker 2: Hello, it's good to see you you too.
Speaker 1: I've only had you had you That sounds a bit like you avoid you had me.
Speaker 4: I know. Really was really fun though we did have a good time.
Speaker 1: Bartigirl weekend, don't remember No, that was that was golden please. I was talking about being a giant cock. I thought I was going to be softly spoken.
Speaker 4: Here, I'm the giant call.
Speaker 1: Please stop with the cash cock starff. So that's fine, the cash call. I am the cashcock. Welcome, still rolling. Maybe I should just interview you as the cash call. Do you want to hear the cash call? Boys?
Speaker 3: You know what actually would be good because it's all about the polosives like the bees and the piece. Because I'm so bang bang announcing bang bang will be the cash cock could be like.
Speaker 1: We've readA URA's playing bang bang. No one's laughing. That was I laughed. I'm sorry. Thank that's the cash cock. Let's talk. Let's just talk us. That's my real person, Mitchen reader here. Thank you so much for having me. I love being here. I'm actually having the best time of my life. Are you having fun?
Speaker 3: Because Marti Gras is this weekend and I saw you up there on that stage, first and last time you're on a cricket ground, right, I.
Speaker 4: Feel like that was my first but maybe not my last. I might start up cricket who could?
Speaker 1: You were great?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Thank you? I had the you know what I felt like?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I literally felt like, I know, this might sound a bit like out of the ether. It was like, oh version of the Super Bowl. Yeah, because it was like in a arena. The lights were kind of flashed, they were the queens were dancing, everybody was happy. It was something I don't think I'll ever forget for my entire life, because for me, that was my first show as well in a really long time. And I actually had to hold back my tears, but I did warn everyone. I was like, I might, I might in the middle of the cricket ground because I can't tell you what it feels like to perform again. And I feel like I'm speaking for all the artists out there, like there is nothing like it.
Speaker 1: Performing, There's nothing like it, and for the gays too, exactly. And then on top of that, for the games and the queens, and I was thinking, ah, I was loving it. I was like gathering in it. Did you do a lap?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Did you walk it at all?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Because they were breaking around the perimeter.
Speaker 4: I didn't actually walk it because we had to do a ton of interviews before the performance, and then the parade stopped before my show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was too much. There was a lot of walking there was a lot of amazing. Look wasn't there ever? And so many floats. Like I was in the crowd.
Speaker 3: I was doing the radio live from the crowd, so I was like standing there. Then the PA would turn on and they're like Sydney toenail clippers, like the amount of the Sydney Elephant Riders. Good for them.
Speaker 1: I was like, good for why you representation for the elephant Riders? If you were like doing live radio, You're like, one second, can you guys please shut up?
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I was like kind of rude because I wanted the energy, but then I also wanted them to stop. I like Harry Potter, I'm like, I like try to conduct them. I'm like, stop, it's so much fun. But yeah, I've kind of gotta be the ring master. But you're brilliant. It was it was like in your element.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, And I just had the best time and every all the dancers were super stoked, and the outfit was great and I just.
Speaker 1: Loved I loved, you know, I love dressing up. I've always been like that, so any excuse for some glitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you put a big gay audience though. Keep you when you make music, are you like I'm gonna make I'm gonna make a butt for the gays. Let's give you what they want.
Speaker 4: I think everything I do, especially with my dance music side, because I've always been a collaborator with dance DJs ever since twenty twelve. When I came out with Hot Right Now, you know, I always think would I bop to it with my gaze in the club?
Speaker 1: Would I would they look at me and be like you killed it?
Speaker 4: Because I always think about that because I have a lot of friends in the community, and I always think would they like it? So yeah, It's definitely my first sort of like go to in my brain when I'm in the.
Speaker 1: Studio, shoot the text like air drop them the song. Now, I'm like, tell me what we think? Does this make you want to dances's make you want to?
Speaker 3: Like bar?
Speaker 1: It needs more bass?
Speaker 4: You're like, okay, And if I like it and I feel good, then I'm hoping everybody else will.
Speaker 1: We love your stuff.
Speaker 3: But we met the King of the guys and not Draw the cash cock definitely the biggest cock king of the guys.
Speaker 1: But we love your music. Bang Bang's my favorite banks. It's so fun to perform. Goes off it just bangs. Yeah, and on the radio too. I don't know what we do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess we can press the audio when we play it out through the hours, but it sounds, oh nah, like I'm doing the chef hand kiss on the he.
Speaker 1: Somebody I had to sample the xcel sample. We had somebody at right, I've been waiting.
Speaker 3: We know that as the Crazy Frog. So how many times people ask you about Crazy Frog all.
Speaker 1: The time, but I like to say Beverly Hills Cops instead. Yeah, okay, that's the oglas. Yeah, crazy Frog was sampling Beverly Hills Cop. Yes, but it's fine whatever. I mean.
Speaker 4: Somebody had to do they did, and I'm happy I did, me too, because it reminds me of my childhood, my youth, and I was in the in the studio on my own. By the way, this whole ep was like made of literally no one around me, product of isolation, and I just thought I need to hear something like this, and I did it, and I'm happy because like everyone dances to it.
Speaker 1: The reaction is this phenomenal, and I'm actually just really proud of it.
Speaker 3: It's kind of funny when you sample something like that, people already know it, so they like they know what's gonna happen, Like it's coming up.
Speaker 1: Crazy Frogs are little motorbike, Like, is he gonna make a cameo? Have you seen crazy? Oh my god, Crazy Frog cameo? This little frog Dickie, Oh my god, we're all doing a cameo. Let's go back to Beverly Hills Cord.
Speaker 3: Okay, so well that that would be great Crazy Frogs. Was that the sample early on? Did you have that before you had what.
Speaker 4: We have now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was all based around the sample.
Speaker 4: I got the track Eman Beck, who did the whole ep with me, amazing kid literally from Kazakhstan, doesn't speak a word of English. We made the whole ep like as Jesus is gonna sound through music. Music literally saved us in the sense of talking to each other.
Speaker 1: And then we got David Getter involved, and.
Speaker 4: Gunner involved, and Kia who is an amazing rapper from Argentina. So it's like a global affair genuinely from my living room and this Excel record was like maybe. Beck was like is this crazy? I was like yeah, but this whole product, this whole product that we've created is kind of crazy. Yeah, we're making music literally through zoom, which for me is like not the best way. I'm like a very musician music person in the room, hearing the vibes, seeing what the band's doing, it unleashes something else in my head and blah blah blah. So yeah, it was I was like, who cares at this point, everything's crazy. Let's just do whatever we think we can do that we wouldn't be able to do in our own stuff.
Speaker 1: And nobody knows. Nobody knows what to do, Like everyone's in that same vibe, right, yeah, And that's why I wanted this to be an EP and on album.
Speaker 4: You know. I didn't want this to be like, oh, this is a retour album. I wanted to be like, this is a project that I've done with my.
Speaker 1: Mates, right. And the artwork hot, yeah, thank you. The artwork was just kind. I just wanted like sex yea.
Speaker 4: I wanted to do like sexy, confident, powerful, we did this ourselves type of approach.
Speaker 1: Because we did. Nobody was like, hey, you should do this.
Speaker 3: It was just me.
Speaker 1: I reached out to him and back, do you want to do something? He was like yeah, I was like cool, do anything else?
Speaker 4: Here we go he was.
Speaker 3: It was really post sex, like real sweat, like real sort of glistening like you were stunning. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's talk the voice. Okay, you we judge the best do you have? Let's rewind that because they're going the my productive producers will kill me. I'm a coach. Oh I'm so sorry. No, no, no, yeah, coach, let's go. Yeah, let's talk the voice. Yes, because you're a coach. Yes, I am. That's exciting.
Speaker 4: I know. It's fantastic working with Keith Urban, right, Jess and guy, it's all very exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good penal, like a real good group of people. Yeah, it's all diverse too, in like their own way. Yeah, did you meet Nicole? If you met Nicola, she come to film.
Speaker 4: I actually met her like a couple of years back at the Arias with Keith. So I was definitely starstruck because.
Speaker 1: I performed I think twenty eighteen or something, and I was kind of like she was like front row and I was just like staring at her the whole time. It might have been creepy. Yeah, that's fine, she's stuning. She's just so terrible. Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you are everything like together They're like the ah, he is so warm and caring and giving and very very uplifting.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm very uplifted by Keith. Have you got your buzzy hit down?
Speaker 4: Pat?
Speaker 1: Like, have you worked? Did you practice at home? Like on like a can of coat? Just how you slamed that buzzer down?
Speaker 4: I was like, how many ways can I slam a buzzer? I was like, sit down by my bar with my hand. I did it in the UK like a couple of years ago, and I remember using my feet doing this. But I was wearing a very different type of outfit, so I couldn't be that experimental, of.
Speaker 3: Course, so I had to Delta has a lot of options. Del Delta was a foot and she loves an ankle tap. She loves an ankle taper. I mean there's some fetishes in this world.
Speaker 1: If it works, you never know what can we expect from the season this year?
Speaker 4: You know, you can expect a lot of diversity and vocal vocally, creatively musically. And I think what's amazing is like how much we like really went hard for our pictures.
Speaker 1: I am I don't know if you know this. I'm a bit competitive. No, no, you what the Aura shocks me.
Speaker 4: I love to I'm a workaholic, you know, and I like to get what I want sometimes, and so I really went hard with the pictures, and I think I really shocked everyone else, really because I think that they will all vouch and Saya is a really dark horse in this world of pitching.
Speaker 1: Did you ever play Pokemon growing up your Pokemon?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I also in the movie Oh shit, Yeah, I prepared the way. No one has ever been blown away as beautifully and as grace it was.
Speaker 4: It's so crazy because I just did the soundtrack for it and he was like, hey, you want to do a cameo. I was like, sure, I mean Pokemon.
Speaker 1: Where I'm going.
Speaker 3: I do have a point is that you know when like you stack your team, like when you're playing Pokemon, like you get your Pokemon, like it's like building a voice.
Speaker 1: Team, right. Basically they're all Pokemons, Yeah, Graby, Pikachu get you strong.
Speaker 4: Just wondering who they are because you know, there's like a zillion Pokemons, but my team it's strong.
Speaker 1: We're excited to see thank you, We're excited to have you. I'm excited to be I feel like the country just feels different. We feel lighter. It's been a ship twelve months, so yeah, there's something.
Speaker 2: In the air.
Speaker 1: It feels thank you. Well, I mean, you have no idea what this place is doing for me, so I'm very grateful to be. You're keeping us saying as well, thank you, We love you. You're welcome anytime.
Speaker 3: Okay, come on back, Okay, I sorry, we'll play Bang Bang now here.
Speaker 1: Why don't we? Why don't we play?
Speaker 4: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 1: Podcast by a couple of meches.