Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Kate Torber and coming up on today's show, Tammy hembro unfollows her husband on Instagram for a third time. The content strategies behind influences multimillion dollar mansion sales? What exactly has gone down between Olivia Rodgers and her stylist Paul for SACI and Meghan Markle's handwritten clapback? The first Mikayla tester has finally dropped the first of three explosive podcast episodes about the Paul family. The first installment went for two and a half hours, and I was hooked for every second of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was watching it at home and Dale was like, what on earth are you watching?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 1: Sounds like absolute crapp I'm like, Dale, you don't even understand. This is a pop culture moment right here. It was on YouTube and I really love this format for Mikayla because it felt like you were having a debrief with one of your best friends in bed. The thing I liked most about it is she made a point of saying that she wasn't monetizing the YouTube because she sees it as immoral and no one should be profiting off her. And I thought that that was a really clever move. I mean, it's already sitting at almost a million views. Can you think of the amount of ads revenue she.
Speaker 4: Could have made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she could have made a lot. And she also points out that she had different podcasts requesting her to come on. I think this is the best way that she could have put this information out there, and we will be going into more detail on Friday's show about She provided a lot of receipts and I think she came across as very intelligent and very articulate. I couldn't believe that she sat there speaking like that for two and a half hours. She was captivating. Yeah, it was captivating. Her boyfriend has come out and said that they filmed for I think ten hours, and they've had to put a lot of time into the editing. As you said, Amy, we will be covering it all on Friday because we really wanted more time to sit with the content and take it in before discussing it on air. Now, one frivolous thing I want to ask you guys about this podcast episode is what did you eat? Or sitting down and watching that because that was a bit of a trend on TikTok. People were putting up their snacks because this was actually.
Speaker 4: Like a movie.
Speaker 1: I originally wasn't planning to watch it, but Reese fell asleep, which was great timing for me, and we had had Indian takeaway and I was so forward, I'm like, I need a sweet treat during this, so Reese had actually got me a Biscof brownie from the bakery down the road and it was delightful with a cup of tea.
Speaker 4: So I didn't have anything.
Speaker 1: I was getting ready for a wedding and had my in laws over doing Reno's. I was huddled in my bedroom, sitting in front of my mirror and all I could think was, I hope they can't hear this at all, because it would have been like, what the hell is she listening to?
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 5: Amy?
Speaker 1: I had pringles and also which I haven't had ages, but Dale got them for me, and a picnic bar.
Speaker 4: Which was Brandon's recommend it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know if I told you about this, Kate, but randomly Brandon had this poll at work for all of his colleagues to vote on the top favorites, chocolate and picnic one, which shocked me to my care because it's never been a favorite of mine. I've always rated picnics until I choked on one as a kid at the movie. I haven't had one for years, and I've got to agree there is something just delicious about a picnic bar.
Speaker 2: I'm eating my dessert.
Speaker 1: How do you eat it?
Speaker 2: If your hands?
Speaker 1: In what's starting to feel like groundhog Day? Tammy Hembro has dramatically unfollowed her husband Matt Sakowski on Instagram for a third time. The unfollow came just days after the fitness influencers shared a teary TikTok confessing she was feeling flat and having a tough week. So can you bring us up to speed?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I first became aware of this when a super sleuth reached out with a screenshot showing that Tammy was no longer following that on Instagram, and I just thought, are they serious again? This is happening again? Oh my god, I just don't understand it at all. I can't imagine having a fight with Reese and the first thing I think to do is unfollow or block him, and I mean with her, she knows that people are going to notice it as well.
Speaker 4: As I saying.
Speaker 1: What makes it worse is their careers are on social media, so it's even more of a statement. Tammy also appears to have removed a number of recent photos of them together. I'm hoping that she's using the archive tooll rather than the dirty delete, because that would rather awkward being like, oh fuck Jo reupload her.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: I noticed that Matt's in Melbourne and I wondered if that had anything to do with this recent unfollow Yeah, Amy, he is in Melbourne currently, and what makes this argument a little bit different is usually he will retaliate and unfollow Tammy, but this time he didn't, which said a lot to me because in the past it's been a bit unclear who unfollowed who first because it's happened pretty simultaneously. And in this case, maybe Matt can't risk the petty unfollowed back because he has some groveling to do over something. Well, it seems like every time Matt is away there seems to be some kind of issue that results in Tammy unfollowing him. Do we think, potentially maybe he's matured and that's why he didn't unfollow back. Maybe it looks I think he fucked up and that's why he didn't unfollow back. Or he just knows the pattern now and he's like, Okay, so Tammy's gonna unfollow me, then I'm gonna smooth it all over with her and then she'll just follow me. Yeah, And the logistics of having to go follow and unfollow, and he probably knows it will lead to a bigger argument if he does the unfollowed back. The timing of the unfollow is pretty crazy because it comes exactly four months to the day since their wedding at the Anniversary Tommy. And it's also been a year since Matt and Tammy first unfollowed each other, and that was, of course, after the infamous Grand Prix fiasco. How was that a year ago? Time is absolutely flying. I was wondering whether Grand Prix didn't really seem to make a mark like it did last year. And this has made more sense to me because Tammy briefly unfollowed Matt after he was caught out dming another woman after a night out at the f Ones. Oh no, but wasn't he just dming her for his friend?
Speaker 4: That was his player.
Speaker 1: It was just wingmanning his friend now the woman in question. She ended up sharing the exchange in a Facebook group called Tea Time, and she showed Matt asking if she was still with her boyfriend, and she responded still marrying Tammy.
Speaker 4: That was a very iconic response.
Speaker 1: These unfollows seemed to come at very pivotal moments because the second unfollow was only a few days before their joint Hucks party was set to kick off. Now I feel like I need to point out hucks party is an actual term. It is a joint Bucks and Hens party. It's not so bizarre, It's not our weird adelaide pronunciation Bucks.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Followers first became aware of that unfollow when Tammy's account was temporarily deactivated. Within an hour, it was back up, but she was following one less person, which of course was her fiance Matt. And Matt also wasn't following Tammy, but weirdly, he was out and about with his sister Emma at a market place and he shared this bizarre Instagram story of a dashhound merch stall. And I mean, not only is this random to share at a market whilst you're having this fight with your fiance. But it's even weirder when your ex girlfriend who her name is still on your ass owns a dashhound who you used to live with, and you regularly posted about your name is still on You're, of course referring to his tattoo of his ex gen. He did get that removed and he had that really great partnership with that another cream. It's just crazy that this keeps happening. Yeah. I saw a lot of people online talking about this in different Facebook groups, and most of the commentary was around who is sad enough to keep checking on Tammy Hembro's following with the Lord's work. Yeah, peop who were saying what's more pathetic the fact that Tammy keeps on following Matt or the fact that people keep checking. I want to be in defense of the people who keep checking, because I fall into that category.
Speaker 4: And I think it's we.
Speaker 1: All sent something as going down because Tammy put out a few clues over the weekend. So on Friday, she was visibly upset on TikTok, and she confessed that she felt flat and things in her life have been piling up on her.
Speaker 4: Here's part of what she said.
Speaker 7: Get ready with me while I have been having not such a good day, sort of just been one of those days where everything just sort of piles on top of one another.
Speaker 1: Now, poor Tammy, she was on the verge of tears in this video, and she went on to explain that her cat Bruno, had been rushed in for emergency surgery because he'd eaten something that was obstructing his bow. She thinks maybe it was one of the kid's toys and they needed to flush it out of his system.
Speaker 4: And of course this will be.
Speaker 1: Enough to upset anyone, But I feel like there was more to the story. I don't think that she was just upset about this isolated incident. It sounded like there was a lot more going on behind the scenes, And it was this line that made me feel like things weren't quite right with her and Matt.
Speaker 5: One of those days where you like feel like you need to cry. I guess I'm going to try and like go to dinner or something tonight, to just get out of the house and you know, like dress up. They really can't cry in this video. No, I'm doing my conciller. No, what it is okay to cry and to have days like this and to just fell flat sometimes, especially like you know, when you have things going on.
Speaker 1: To me, when someone talks about wanting to get all dressed up and put makeup on and go out for a night out with their friends, it sounds like they're taking their mind off relationship troubles, not necessarily as sick or injured out of them. I think Tammys used her sit cat as a bit of a diversion to put a message out there that she's not happy. Probably she's probably hoping that Matt sees her upset. Yeah, And I think what made it even more suspicious was the fact that, as we mentioned, Matt was in Melbourne at the time and he posted a photo out at the football with his friends. Interestingly, Tammy did not like this photo. And things started getting even more suspicious over the weekend because Tammy posted a video dancing with her kids, which she generally does do, but she had the caption over the top saying me no matter what kind of day I'm having. She also had the caption underneath which said bad mood dance party durh. The next day she posted another TikTok without Matt, and she was doing a fit check with her kids, and she mimed to the song Somber with the lyrics I don't want to get undressed for a new person all over again. I don't want to kiss someone else's neck. And this caused followers to immediately start in undating her with questions about why did you want follow Matt?
Speaker 4: Where is Matt?
Speaker 1: And she started to delete the comments, and she also blocked a few of the people, asking you will normally clap back, especially when it's about Matt.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, after all of that, Tammy ended up refollowing Matt, and he tried to smooth things over by commenting love heart emojis under her recent photo. I'm waiting for their next TikTok, which is there. And it's like us being so happy in our life and we can't believe that people are commenting about us.
Speaker 4: It's like, stop being obsessed with me.
Speaker 1: I hope Matt and Anna end up talking about this on their podcast because at the moment their producers seem to pick a relationship topic that they then sort of springboard ideas off. Except Matt never seems to provide any juicy details about his relationship. He's always like, no, nothing going on, but I'm sure novel will push for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the weeks it was like about sleeping in different beds to your partner, and he tried to create this hook that he and Tammy sleep in a different bed but it was just because he was away in Melbourne. Yeah, so I think that they should tackle why do you un follow your partner all the time on social media? Ever unfollowed your partner?
Speaker 7: Never?
Speaker 1: Never? I mean I've we've unfollowed each other definitely. I keep getting these anniversaries. It's like you're one year anniversary with and I'm like, oh, we've been friends for like for Sophie, I don't unfollow you. You unfollow me and you've blocked us before. The psychology of the unfollow is that you want to show the person how furious you are with them and that you're cutting them off from your life. The worst bit was when you I think you blocked Amy and I and then you got removed from all of our group chats. Oh, it was so annoyed, and the admint to have to add you back in was just so annoying. OLA's ufollow has definitely ignited the rumor meal in a popular Facebook group, One Girl claimed that she recently overheard Matt in Melbourne talking shit about Tammy at the gym. Again, this is just speculation, she wrote in the group, laughing my ass off. I heard him talking crap about her on the phone he trains at my gym now. This comment was backed up by another user asking if it was a gym in Melbourne South As. One of her friends said he'd also overheard the same phone conversation, but this girl didn't believe him until now, She wrote. He apparently was an absolute grub the way he speaks about women. Another user also wrote, let me guess he was speaking to the boys from Melbourne over the phone. He never learns. He did this on a rooftop bar in Melbourne, talking shit about Kira Maguire, who was his former girlfriend, and a news reporter overheard and did an article on it. He was also flicking through only fans pointing.
Speaker 4: Out who he'd Dooo. That is so gross.
Speaker 1: If that is true, I can say is thank god there is a pren up in place. Today. I am joined by Paul Vasaci, who you might know as Style by Bloom. Four months now, our dms have been full of one question, and it is what is going on between Olivia Rodgers and her stylist Paul Versaci otherwise known as Style by Bloom because they were once inseparable. Yeah, Paul was Olivia's go to stylist for so many events, whether they were big or small. She always tagged him in everything and really made a name for him. Oh, I think that's to be an unfair I think he made a name for himself because some of the outfits he would pick for her were incredible. I'm not saying it wasn't off the back of great work, but everyone knew him and her as a team together, and then he started working with a bunch of other influences too. He wasn't just her stylist, they were also best friends. He appeared in her podcast a number of times. He shared his coming out story, and Olivia made it very clear during the podcast that he had been her rock during her separation with her husband Justin mckinn. And it also sounded like he was a pretty good wingman to Olivia because he set her up a few years ago with her then boyfriend Morgan Waterhouse.
Speaker 4: I mean that didn't end so well.
Speaker 1: So maybe he's not the best wing no, but he also wingman her with her current boyfriend Hugo, because Paul spotted Hugo on a night out and he worked his magic. He knew that the two would fall in love, and he dragged Olivia onto the dance floor to meet him. The rest is history. They're still together, yeah, and that's why everyone shocked that things have gone super quiet between the pair. So Olivia last appeared on Paul's styling page in September twenty twenty four, when he dressed her for Flemington's Racecourses Spring Gala event. And this is particularly odder. Since then, we've had Melbourne Fashion Week and Glamour on the Grid, two events that the friends would regularly work together on, but Olivia is now being dressed by another stylist. This topic has been a little bit more difficult to pull together because a couple of months ago, Olivia blocked Outspoken and our accounts from seeing her page. Well, it came after we spoke about her ex husband, Justin mckeann and his issues in court. Also, maybe she didn't want anyone looking into this friendship breakdown. Who's going to have enough time to do that us exactly? Well, it seems like Paul's career is really going from strength to strength because even though he's not working with Olivia, he's been styling the likes of Sammy Robinson, Isabelle Clark, Annalise Dallons, Brooke Blurton and Alex Pendlebury. So he was working with Seanie Grimmat, which was a big get in the influencers space. We also go on holiday with Olivia. They were like this, as you said, this isn't just a bust up between a stylist and a client. This was a really good friendship. What has added even more fuel to the fire is that last week Paul did a big cull on his personal Instagram account and he removed every single photo of him with Olivia and may I point now, this is whilst he's holidaying in Japan, So you think you'd have.
Speaker 4: Better things to do. Carlor's Instagram, you see holidaying with.
Speaker 1: Though he's holidaying with someone who could potentially be his boyfriend, I'm not one hundred percent sure. I don't want to They could just be friends as well if it was a friend, because you know, if you're on holiday and you're really slagging somebody off and you're like, right, I'm going to delete all the photos of it. That's a real fuck you because that actually impacts on his styling business. That's his work. You know, he was she was often in the clothes that he dressed her. I wonder, though, could this have something to do with Morgan Waterhouse, because you said that they last appeared on each other's feeds in September twenty twenty four, just before Christmas. You've got to remember Morgan Waterhouse put out that really bitchy TikTok where he was alluding to Olivia cheating on him when multiple people she references she was a narcissister. Yeah, and you've got to remember that Paul was friends with Morgan Waterhouse, That's why he set the til So maybe he is team Morgan. I think it's a case of when it comes to a breakup, you try and be friends with both parties originally, and it gets to a point where that's no longer possible. And perhaps he's picked Morgan over Olivia, which I don't know why he would if she was so helpful to his career and his best friend.
Speaker 7: We're moving.
Speaker 4: What you don't want to move?
Speaker 1: House influencers Steph Claire Smith and Georgie Stevenson have a lot in common. They're both young multi millionaires who launched highly successful wellness businesses off the back of their large social media followings. They're also both pregnant with their second child and have just sold their dream homes after living in them for only a couple of years. But despite all the similarities, they have chosen completely different content strategies when it comes to sharing about the sales of their homes. One strategy has attracted followers, while the other is turning them away, and the results may surprise you, Kate, can you tell us more?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Georgie Stephenson has been completely transparent about her move, so she told her followers in February that she and her husband had put their dream home on the market for eat the sale or rent because they wanted to find a house that was more family friendly. Since then, Georgie confirmed that they have found tenants to rent their home and they had purchased a new house with more land on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Georgie has kept the content rolling, sharing videos documenting the move, as well as a three year old daughter's reaction to seeing their new home for the first time.
Speaker 4: Gosh, this house is so stunning.
Speaker 1: It is insane. I've been listening to a few podcasts with Georgie Stephenson and she was talking about how if you ever see, for example, someone's new house on social media and you feel jealous of it, that should be you should take that as a positive, as a reflection of something aim to aim for. And I was like, I am aiming for a beautiful house. That is, I'm going to channel my jealousy into being manifesting a nicer house.
Speaker 4: I'm the opposite of that.
Speaker 1: I'll just be sitting there being like absolutely spewing, spitting chips.
Speaker 4: Why can't I live in a house like this?
Speaker 1: I mean? She explained that when you get jealous of something, it kind of shows you what you want in life. And it's true, It's true we all want a six million dollars coastal home. Well for everyone who wants to check out the house, she has created a home account on Instagram and named it the Palm Hill House, and in the bio it says modern coastal family home overlooking the Gold Coaster. At the time of recording, it has over seven thousand follow us. I'm surprised it doesn't have more, Maybe because there's so.
Speaker 4: Many different houses to follow people kunky up.
Speaker 1: I always find it so strange when I see children, like for example, Georgie's daughter, seeing the house for the first time, and the realization that for them, oh, this is just my home.
Speaker 4: Like they don't know any different.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing because it was like, Oh, here's your toy room, and it's like bigger than most people's houses. I was like, wow.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Georgie also shared a video of her and her husband hugging at the front of their new home with the heading buying our fifth house together. She then outlined a timeline of the five homes that she's purchased over the years, and she was quick to add that while both her and her husband's parents had encouraged them to buy a house young, they weren't given any money for it and bought it themselves now for those interested. The couple bought their first home in twenty seventeen, which was a townhouse in Brisbane they now rented out to students. Then in twenty nineteen, they bought a Hampton's inspired house, which they now rent to a family. In twenty twenty one, they bought an old cottage in the Gold Coast Hintland that they renovated and named the beach Mont Chalets, and they now rented out on Airbnb. That house is absolutely stunning. I needed some help from Georgie for a house name because my house account is called Golden Hills Home, which sounds completely lame and lackluster compared to these trying to push her home account the whole time. It's like three posts of it's like, fuck all on it. Well, it's because my kitchen is about to be ready, so I need to tease.
Speaker 4: It's a people. We don't have a little.
Speaker 1: Back to Georgie's properties. So she then purchased their dream home in twenty twenty two, which was a six story mansion overlooking the Gold Coast skyline that they now rent out. Now, this home, we spoke about it in length a couple of months ago, but it was up for sale for nine point nine million or five point five thousand a week four rent they've got rented in there. Their fifth home is a six point five million dollar luxury property on an acreage with panoramic views. As you said, Amy, it's absolutely stunning. It's what's incredible about Georgie Stevenson and her success is the fact that it's not like she's sold any of these properties, like she and her husband retain these properties.
Speaker 4: Think of the equity now.
Speaker 1: It's the first time I've seen a female influencer be so upfront about their assets. And what is clear is this as a strategic move by Georgie because after outlining her property portfolio to her Instagram followers, she added, also, very proud of us for doing the money mindset work for our subconscious to feel safe enough to take risks and constantly leverage what we have to take our next step. She then invited her followers to comment freebie to receive a free resource about money Mindset to read. I thought that this approach might piss some people off, just because, as we touched on, due to jealousy, and also because people seem to feel really uncomfortable about women ever talking about their achievements very unfairly, But it actually appears to have done the complete opposite because in the past thirty days, Georgie has gained two point nine thousand followers. And I know there has been some commentary that it's tone deaf of Georgia Das share about her five properties and the current economic climate, but it's consistent with her personal brand. Georgie's personal and business brand is about wellness, goal setting, and manifesting to get your dream life. And you get that from her on social media and it feels authentic. That's the thing she's so unashamably her. I think what's more difficult is when people try to show you a little bit of their wealth and then a little bit of how they're relatable. Yeah, and that's where we moved to Steph Claire Smith. So in November last year, super slu spotted that her mansion was set to be listed for sale on white Fox real Estate. That name will sound familiar because a couple of months ago White Fox was embroiled in a bit of a scandal because they had this marketing campaign where they boasted about making houses more expensive since twenty seventeen. And then she's on the Money podcast of Victoria Divine got involved because she's stuck up for the CEO Marty. Anyway, it was a big ordeal. If you are interested, you can go back and have a listen to that episode. But White Fox is known for dealing with a lot of influences and celebrities.
Speaker 4: Properties.
Speaker 1: They sell mansions and real to Lana. Samuel shared a photo outside of Steph's property with the caption the deal the Palms coming soon, and they also shared a real showing off the amazing property. Now, the news came off the back of Steph's husband, Josh Miller, publicly announcing to the media that he was selling his family's Murray River property for eight million dollars.
Speaker 4: That's where they got married, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they also got engaged there, so it meant a lot to the family, and we covered the story back in November as it caused a lot of intrigue, particularly because the couple only purchased their seven million dollar mansion back in late twenty twenty one. Now, last week, Steph opened up about the sale for the first time on her podcast. This is what she said.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have an exciting life update, which I've kind of semi spoken about little bits here and there, but haven't really gone into depth about because a lot of people have kind of just already known about it out of my own control.
Speaker 4: Which is it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I've accepted it and I'm moving on and now I'm going to talk about it and it's coming from me, So you can know it is true.
Speaker 1: Now it's clear Steph was unhappy about the speculation about her house sale, saying this.
Speaker 3: So basically, lay last year we sold our place that we're in, and I just all I want to answer, right, because every time I do a question box, people are like, why did you sell your house? I didn't even talk about the fact that we were selling our house. So again, that's where it comes to. These facts aren't always within our control of what people talk about online about us in the media, which.
Speaker 1: Is so can we just say but it is what it is.
Speaker 2: So people spoke about your house moving and why you are moving, Yes, I have to say something, and when they talk about it in a way that it's like fact, yeah, and it's completely not.
Speaker 4: Oh there's been different things.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just but it's funny because we get caught up and listening to these gossip things and being like, oh, yes, that must be why, Like that's why, and it's like.
Speaker 1: Look reading between the lines. I think step and Laura were having a little bit of a dig at our podcast because we spoke about Steph and her husband selling their house a few months ago. Yeah, and they had just done this really big push to promote the family property. Josh was giving quotes to different publications at AFR and real estate dot Com, and then when we noticed that their Melbourne home was for sale and it was coming soon, we assumed that they would do the same push, but they went quiet. So we were saying, oh, maybe they're looking to consolidate and sell a whole bunch of their properties and buy a much bigger house to move into. I mean, Steph had just been on the AFR Young Rich List as well, so obviously things were going well for her now. Steph went on to say on her podcast that she wasn't going to go into all of the reasons why she's selling her home, but one of the reasons was because she wanted to be closer to her family and friends. So currently the couple live over an hour away from her brother and their close friends, and Steph explained that her parents actually no longer live in Melbourne, so when they come to visit her and her brother, it's really hard for them to see both of them with this big distance between them. She also said that they have now found a home that they want to settle down in for the long term and confirm that they're moving a month before her due date. Look, I listened to this whole podcast, and the one thing that I took away from that is that she said that they weren't going to go into all of the reasons. This is the very wholesome reason as to why they are moving, and it sounds to be a very valid reason. But I also think it's a bit naive to think that people aren't going to be interested in the fact that you've got two properties up to sale at the same time, and people aren't going to make their own conclusion. And Steph's reluctancy to share about her move appears to be a part of a broader strategy to keep elements of her private life offline. So almost a year ago, Steph made the decision to hide her three year old son, Harvey's facial or social.
Speaker 4: Media is not a year ago.
Speaker 1: It was which we've barely spoken about it. I don't think any listeners should be aware of that. But she does put emojis over his face. Yeah, and she still regularly posts content about Harvey and talks about him on her podcast, but she just senses his face, So the privacy comes down to just what his face looks like, rather than keeping private details about him off the internet. I also think that it's not just part of the strategy of having more of a private life, because I don't think that they have a private life. I think is a strategy to be relatable, because it's not very relatable when you have two multimillion dollar properties. For Georgie Stevenson, she doesn't care about being relatable because she's trying to push a business that's about people succeeding and having successful businesses. But for Steph, she her brand is centered somewhat well.
Speaker 4: Trying to be centered on relatability.
Speaker 1: But that being said, I have heard Steph and Laura talk on many business podcasts about their strategy behind Kick, So sometimes they do wear the hat of being these really successful business owners, but then other times they seem like they don't want to address how much money Kicks made. I really do think Steph needs to sit down with a marketing professional and work out what her personal brand is and what her business brand is and and sure they aligned, because I think there are odds with each other because at the moment, she really is mining her life for podcast content, and she has been sharing some really personal details, but then she gets shocked when people feel like they deserve to know about her big life changes and movie. You can see where Steph's coming from in terms of her reluctancy to share about her recent move because there are a lot of concerns around her safety. She's got a young family. She doesn't really want to be sharing her address and telling people, Hey, we're moving yeah these days. Yeah, And I totally get that. And Georgie Stevenson has come out and said that being so open about her move has actually led people to locating her home on real estate dot Com and doing drive buys. But the unfortunate reality is that both Steph and Georgie's homes were readily available for anyone who wanted to find them on the internet when they first purchased them years ago. Used to real estate dot com. But could you say that for anyone anytime anyone shares in front of their sould sign, it doesn't take people long to locate their house. It's not just from the sales sign. Real estate dot Com have actually published articles about the homes that they've moved into had and they've put pictures in them. Look, at the end of the day, content strategies aside and followers aside. I think it's up to Stephan Josh what they feel most comfortable with for them. I think they probably felt comfortable to share about the move once they were out of the house.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: She's actually spoken about it and they're still in the house. So that's what I didn't get. It's like, why not wait until you're actually in it and then share it. I mean, I think that they're both pole opposite ways to do so, and it comes down to the individual just because one is better for content and one is and I don't think it means that one way is right and one way is wrong.
Speaker 6: Fast forward, you guys, two weeks later, I get this letter and I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Meghan Markle has stunned the Internet by sending a handwritten letter to a podcaster who called her inauthentic following the release.
Speaker 4: Of her Netflix promo.
Speaker 1: This letter was so beautifully presented, so it was written in Meghan's perfect calligraphy style, and it was sent to podcast Amanda hirtch So. She hosts the Not Skinny but Not Fat podcast, and in January, Amanda shared her unfiltered opinion of Meghan's Netflix trailer to TikTok saying this.
Speaker 6: You guys, I'm genuinely concerned for Megan. I am not a Megan hater at all. I know feels like a lively situation kind of when people just piled on this woman. I don't know that I'm like her, you know. It's just like I'm not sure yet. I haven't made formed an opinion. I don't hate her like a lot of the world does. I just I don't know. I understand the people. Some people are like, she's an authentic I get it. And what I'm scared. What I'm so scared for her is that this Netflix show will make those claims stronger. From the trailer, it looks like it might be like kind of trying to be a Martha Steward situation that feels a little forced. In the trailer at least doesn't seem like she's gonna come across relatable, which I feel like she'll want to.
Speaker 4: Try to be. And I'm just scared for her.
Speaker 6: Megan, why do you have to go do that consult with me?
Speaker 4: Like I would have told you. I would have told you.
Speaker 1: Look, it definitely wasn't the worst response video to a promo that I've seen. If anything, I think that she was saying she's a bit of a fan of Megan. She likes her and that's why she's so worried for what's going to come.
Speaker 4: After seeing the promo.
Speaker 1: She seemed to be very much on the fence about Meghan, and so late last week, Amanda revealed on TikTok that she received this letter from Meghan and it was written on Meghan's official letterhead, which featured her own special monogram and crown. So the letter read, Dear Amanda, I heard you were feeling scared. Don't be This is the fun part. Let's enjoy it, and she signed off with as ever Meghan.
Speaker 4: I'm shocked that she has.
Speaker 1: Her own official letter head that features a crown, because, if anything, they've wanted to try and distance themselves from the royal family.
Speaker 4: Understand that she's still a duchess.
Speaker 1: But that shocked me. Well, a few people were saying that, like, oh, if you don't want to be part of the royal family anymore, why would.
Speaker 4: You still have that?
Speaker 1: I think, why the hell would you not. She's married to Prince Harry, she's the Duchess of Sussex. I hope that everything is being copyrighted and is above all, because she seems to have an issue with every single logo she puts out next me and I'm sure Daily Mail will be accusing her of copying the McDonald's m or something. The funniest thing was Amanda said that she actually smelt the letter. She's like, I had to give it a sniff just to see if it had that royal smell. Did it smell well, she didn't really say what it smelled like. But would you have smelled a letter from Megan? Yes, yes, I would have because I get the vibe that with all of the teas that she makes and the flower arranging, that it would have some sort of floral spring scent to it. I just think it was such a great move by Meghan, because although Amanda wasn't rude about her like a lot of people have been on TikTok, it's just a really classy response to some criticism. It's clever because she's not giving her attention to the trolls, but she's still saying, hey everyone, I'm aware of the feedback. I can see it all. Remember that I am a real person. I want the day. Yeah, and also, I mean, Amanda's podcast is a really big US podcast, and a lot of her fans have been saying, well, maybe Megan wants to appear on your podcast. It also seems like Meghan has transformed Amanda into a bit of a fangirl now. Oh yeah, Amanda said she's a fan for life. She said she's framed this letter. A lot of the listeners of Amanda's podcast also said, look, to be honest, I didn't really like Meghan after seeing the TV show, but after seeing her send you this letter and how classy it was, we and our team Meghan, Well, I think that is all we have time for today. Thank you so much for joining us for another episode. If you have enjoyed it, could you please make sure you mentioned our podcast to a friend.
Speaker 4: It's the way that we grow.
Speaker 1: Also make sure you are subscribed on Apple Podcasts and also Spotify. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present,