Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell, Christian O'Connell show, What happened to Me, Chuck and Patsy over the weekend? And a song that sums it up, Jack Post, What's it for you?
Speaker 2: I got dressed up on Friday night. This is my song for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Crazy about Where did he go?
Speaker 2: A sharp dressed man was on his way to my wife's work function. Biancher had a big party with her work on Friday night and she was there early helping to set it up and run the event.
Speaker 1: Give the charity a plug. Your wife works for an amazing charity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Free to Feed. It's called they help refugees and asylum seekers get employment in Australia as well as do cooking classes and experiences for the community that can go and do the experiences. And they're moving from North get into North fitz Roy at this new building. So they had like a what they called a housewarming party for the new building.
Speaker 1: Out very north what they called a woman I Love.
Speaker 2: It in the old Mosquito Bar by the Clifton Hill macas if anyone's looking for her or knows that building. So Biank is up sitting up the event and I'm at home getting dressed by myself, something i'd usually do with Bianker and ask her how I look.
Speaker 1: She needs to dress you. She doesn't need to.
Speaker 2: She doesn't need to dress me, but I like to sometimes asking does this match?
Speaker 1: It's like an outfit check, isn't it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, just to give me the thumbs up. So I was left on my own for this getting dressed on Friday night, and I decided that in the mirror I looked good with a few buttons on my button up shirt undone and a bit.
Speaker 1: Two is two is as low as you can go for a gentleman. As she's Simon cow who goes down to three.
Speaker 2: I went for three undone three, so a bit of chest was exposed.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. I mean that is your nipple line? Really, aren't you at three? You're right there? Something that's low.
Speaker 2: Do you even have hair on your chest?
Speaker 1: Check?
Speaker 2: I've only got a few little sprouts.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you comb them so like a ball man? Like a comb over, like a Kevin Bartlett.
Speaker 2: Well you would have noticed on Friday night paths because I left the house with the three buttons undone.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Good wow.
Speaker 1: John Travolta Friday Night Fever for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big mistake. I may have well been wearing a big flashing red light on my head that said calling attention to myself, that said, look at me, look at me.
Speaker 1: It's a statements three undone.
Speaker 2: I did realize every person I met commented on the three buttons. Bianca started making a big fuss when she saw me. The word she used actually was brave.
Speaker 1: Right statue to you over this?
Speaker 2: And now I don't know. I know a couple of people from Banker's work, but largely I didn't know a lot of the guests at the function.
Speaker 1: They're all going to be talking about something on today at work light Did you see Jack post arrive? Three buttons? Undone?
Speaker 2: So in the first ten minutes, I'm already in this difficult position where I have to decide do I one who Obviously I should button back up.
Speaker 1: But I felt you saying go down to four. You just have the shirt open.
Speaker 2: You know, I should buckle back up. But I don't want people to think they've peer pressured me into like, oh, he thought he could pull off three and now he's gone and done it back up. Or I could leave it open and just feel the self consciousness of everybody mentioning it everywhere I go. So I spent ten minutes trying to keep the button undone. And you know what it's like anyway, when you're meeting a new group of people, and.
Speaker 1: It's hard work. That's small tool when you don't so were you left by yourself to try and mingle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Byank is doing things like running food around because she's running the event.
Speaker 1: That is my idea of how and I bore that. Hey, where do you guys live the is it nice living there? Industry?
Speaker 2: Job?
Speaker 1: Do you do? Do you like your the compute to that?
Speaker 2: Honestly, the reason you go to the bar so much at events I gap when you don't know people is because it's something to do.
Speaker 1: Check off two minutes, then you go to the toilet again. Yeah, sometimes I've gone for sit down. I don't even need one, just have a look at my phone.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Sometimes I started walking and I thinking, I don't even know where I'm walking. I don't know where I'm walking. I just got to keep walking because I don't know anybody, so I might as well go back to the bar again.
Speaker 1: Then you got three buttons under then you're getting drunk, So.
Speaker 2: One of my trips to the toilet to hide. I looked in the mirror and I thought, all right, that's it. Buttons are going back up and I just have to suck it up.
Speaker 1: And then did you have a better night? No?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm still doing that thing where I'm walking around just awkward talking.
Speaker 1: So what have you learned from it? Are you now going to commit to the three buttons undone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going out actually with that collar button pretty much gone out.
Speaker 1: On the other ways.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Christian O'CONNALLLS Show Podcast