Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload, the podcast last week that light.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking and downloading on today's episode with Nash, one of this week's eliminated Australian Survivor players. The second week saw another very noisy player getting booted, and we are going to get some hot takes from Nash on why he was eliminated and what he thinks of the days that followed. Nash will talk about the idol being found so early on, and I will ask if that turned out to be a negative in his eyes. Nash will share what he thinks about fake crying, and he will explain the truth behind some of those tears. I find out about his secret friendship with a past winner of the show. Everything from Nash's perspective on moments like Max's advantage, what he really thought of the coven, and what he thinks he would do differently if he gets asked back for another season. There's actually so much to talk about, as per usual, So sit back and relax, guys, as we unpack the wonderful of Australian Survivor Brains Versus Braun Series two, which is back this Sunday night. How I and Ash are you well?
Speaker 3: I'm great. I am so happy. I'm great. I'm feeling good. I'm really pumped.
Speaker 2: It must be really weird when you're sort of not used to being on television and then all of a sudden watching yourself on television in a high pressure environment like Survivor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent it is.
Speaker 1: It's weird having everything all around you, but you tend to get used to it and just they become, you know, invisible.
Speaker 2: This is all permeating for you, I guess, and it's probably all starting to land. But in some ways you might be one of the more polarizing players that we've seen in Survivor. You know, you were very loud with your gameplay and very deliberate.
Speaker 1: I'm a very loud person in general. I mean, I love to entertain. I love to make people smile. I love to crack jokes and make bad situations into jokes because you know, small makes people happy.
Speaker 3: Laugh to makes people happy, you know, I mean, And that's the time person I am.
Speaker 1: But yes, when it comes down to business, I can be serious and I can pretty much you know, saw you what I need to sell you and if it works, it works, you buy and it worked out.
Speaker 2: You know, does sales work? Does it translate to survivor what do you think?
Speaker 1: Look definitely not because there's so many conversations going around. It's probably that was probably my hardest time and sales and my whole life. I've been in sales for twenty years and selling yourself and survivor. It's crazy because you're with these guys twenty four hours, seven days a week.
Speaker 3: You know that they're.
Speaker 1: Seeing everything around your own sales. You can really, you know, do what you need to do, exit and just it leaves it in there.
Speaker 3: But they see who you talk to.
Speaker 1: You know. It's not like you can hide away and make these little conversations and go to the next door.
Speaker 3: And go to the next door. So it was very, very hard. I think I done well.
Speaker 1: There's a lot I need to learn, obviously, you know, being in that situation.
Speaker 3: In that environment. You know there's a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of sell techniques I should have really used. I should have done a couple of little things differently. But you know, the main thing I realized is people were entertained. The guys played from straight away. I felt like they were a bit intimidated from the beginning, which was a bit exciting.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Chaos was fun, you know, like looking at the Brains team, I'm like, oh, that would have been so fun to be on there and see what we could have done here.
Speaker 2: I mean, my favorite thing that I found out this week about you was your history with last year's winner, Ferris. I mean, obviously I'm a huge first fan, so I saw you on his podcast. Good on him forgetting you first and having exclusive But I was like, did he train you? And did you not listen?
Speaker 3: So just I'll give you a bit of intol.
Speaker 1: Yes he did, and King George of Bankson's was a good friend of mine because he lives.
Speaker 3: Only down the road.
Speaker 1: So yes, they gave me a lot of do's and don'ts, and you know a bit of.
Speaker 3: Down the toilet one hundred percent. I did, I am who I am? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe a little bit too much on the game. I should have really really being me, It would have probably really played to my advantage. But obviously, being in that scenario, being a survivor and everything's just going to make judgment straight away and look sometimes that were the wrong ones. Sometimes with the good ones, you just don't know. And how many times did you make the right judgments? In survivor means nothing toil, you know, the final votes ridden down.
Speaker 2: It's interesting about you talking about being meat when you got you know, should I be more meat? Where I felt like I was yelling at the TV screen watching you when you said, you know, I can cry on tap. You know, so you put the waterworks on and you were sort of manipulating people. I agree to a certain extent that you could probably do some of that. But my biggest concern is they might have believed you right. They might have actually believed every tear and sympathized with you. But when you are lying about something like that, it's human nature to second guess that person. And I wondered whether or not by pretending to do things like that it made people put a target on your back. What do you think?
Speaker 3: So I'll give you a bit of an insight in cry. Okay, it was a genuine cry.
Speaker 1: That was my birthday that day, Oh, happy birthday for them, thank you. So I obviously was pretty emotional that day. I was missing my kids. It was my birthday, but.
Speaker 2: Say that, Nash. Don't say I'm crying and I'm pretending to cry. That's we need to call you out.
Speaker 3: Look, it's you take it to the advantage, you know.
Speaker 2: But you were crying because you were genuinely upset. You were not upset that day.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it means that I could bonusly get these guys to maybe film me a little bit more to my advantage.
Speaker 3: Why not.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at you right now and I'm enjoying you right now more than I'm enjoying and enjoyed you on the show. You are a likable, lovable character. You're really are on the show, it kind of looked like a kid maybe had too much sugar at a birthday party, and it kind of made it hard to relate to you. It was kind of like, calm down, Nash.
Speaker 3: I agreed.
Speaker 1: I think you only saw bits and pieces of Nash on Sah. You didn't see a lot of the back and stuff of the real real Nash.
Speaker 2: But I'm getting it from you right now. I've been talking to you for five minutes and I'm getting the real Nash and I'm loving it. I'm loving you is the real Nash.
Speaker 3: What you see me of Israel Nash.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, I can, you know, play out a lot of the different scenarios and be over the top and be really.
Speaker 3: Shying quite I can do all of that. But I think what you what Australia saw was like a really tiny bit of the real meat.
Speaker 2: You know that the way in which I think anyone wins these sorts of shows is about staying authentic within themselves, like there has to be that inner truth behind it. And whilst I think you did give glimpses of that, because there was so many different levels to it, I just felt like it could have been not great for your gameplay.
Speaker 3: I agree, You're probably right, I should have probably played the game a little bit more differently.
Speaker 2: Agreed, this person right now is a person that could win Survivor.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent if the real one hundred percent Nash without the extra when in yet one hundred definitely one hundred percent with I think with the genuine people meeting me, Yeah, I think definitely there there was a lit'll be a great chance one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: What about this idol because I feel like you got the idol the fastest in history, and I'm pretty sure that's the tagline but like it didn't work to your advantage, because if you get an idol, you should hide at or an actual fact. You got this idol and used it on display, and that's a choice. But I think that howd that not have happened? Howd you not have found that idol in the first episode? I think you would still be there now.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're wrong in that.
Speaker 1: Being at my weight level within the Bronze team, I wanted to show these guys that, hey, just because I'm the biggest in the group and not the fittest and not the fastest, I can play this game too, so I'm ready to play. I wanted to also want to show I'm okay, I've got an idol. I'm playing a fair game.
Speaker 3: I'm not hiding it.
Speaker 1: Let's see who's were ready to play with me, you know, Let's see who's willing to look Puckinash. You know what, we appreciate your show us to your idol. We respect that it was a completely different reaction. Obviously, term they might.
Speaker 3: Respect that I've showed them I've got an idol.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I hate asking people about regrets though, but do you think that there's any regrets over that? Decision.
Speaker 3: Of course there is one hundred percent Like I mean, it's great for TV, but for gameplay, I assumed it might do a little bit different and get a different reaction, but obviously did enough. Felt like people were instantly scared. And what do you do? You know, it's a choice you make on the spot, and whether it was a bad or a good one, Like if we found out what it was, you know what I mean, it still gave me another you know, eight nine days after that. But look, maybe not even playing the idol at my exit would have been a good play.
Speaker 1: But she was didn't know if I had sold Morgan and Kate enough. Obviously, when I looked up Morgan, she put her head down, and that worried me a little bit. I knew I had Kate ready to go, but Morgan putting her head down, I was like, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm not going home with an idol. Let me just play it.
Speaker 1: I fought enough for us to get enough votes out of her so she doesn't go home because she was my closest and Kandy was just the only person socially that I just felt didn't connect with anyone, or I wouldn't break a patch up that was just what it was. And I didn't connect with her. I mean, we never really had a chance to connect them. She was the first easiest name I could go for.
Speaker 2: When you were also claiming that you threw that puzzle, there were so many people on the Facebook group saying, yeah, right, you threw the puzzle, you just weren't good at it. What was the truth then with that? Were you actually trying to throw that or did you just try and claim that you threw it afterwards?
Speaker 1: I don't think I could have made it any more obvious. All actually was literally pretty much sit on the floor and wait for noon and to finish the puzzle. I didn't help that all with the puzzle, Okay I didn't. I was the only way I could throw this challenge.
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting because you come out on a Monday and there was still more episodes to come. Are you and your family still watching the show like you?
Speaker 1: I love obviously, I know everything that's happened, but I just love the drama that's happening, the actions and how people where there were se you know, yes, you were safe, especially last night.
Speaker 3: I did not expect aliy go.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, do you think the fact that she went across to the other team and played that. When she went across to the other side, I thought that put a huge target on her back. She repeated way too many things, and she came back and my father, she's going to go. Next time there's an opportunity to chop her, they're going to chop her. So, I mean, it wasn't maybe such as a big surprise to it.
Speaker 3: No, I know that one hundred percent, But I think that I would probably done the same thing, but I just probably wouldn't tell the girls.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't understand, Like, this coven thing is great. They've got such a great team going, but they've been trying to pull apart their advantage being in a coven since the day that they decided they were in a coven.
Speaker 1: Like, the problem is, if it's a girl's group, you can't have two other girls wanting Rich or wanting Max.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't work if it's all girls. You just took to all girls.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you think that Max played his advantage correctly? Because I thought that was really fascinating to say.
Speaker 3: Oh I was.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, my holes is going one hundred percent. I did not expect Ali to go. I think he played it real well personally. I think he maybe should have kept Laura and Current in to get the Miles numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you could have moved those girls around just a slight bit and there would have been a different results. So you know, he had to have been really sort of putting together the pieces to decide girls to send.
Speaker 3: Laura.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he thought too specific about it. I thought he thought of the move being let's dissipate the women's ability, like the coven's ability. I think he was thinking that. I don't think he was tuned in enough to where those votes would go if two of them were gone, you know what I mean, he.
Speaker 3: Had one target.
Speaker 1: He just that was all it was in his attack, attack, attack, and let's just hope it works.
Speaker 2: And you know what, when it doesn't work and you get close like that, you really only get one shot. And I'm going to tell you I know nothing about what's going to happen, but I'm going to say he took his one shot at Miles, and if history repeats itself, I think that's not going to work in Max's favor. I feel like that's going to be really hard.
Speaker 1: To because someone's about to turn and there again that's what I think as well.
Speaker 3: That might happen, but who knows, who knows.
Speaker 1: You know, it might become a friendship after and they move on and go pretty far together.
Speaker 3: You just don't know. It's survival.
Speaker 1: I mean, people turn Look at the girls love each other, we're best friends forever, and they're breaking apart, you know, like people turn on.
Speaker 3: Everyone, you know. I mean, it's just really you got to just save yourself in the end, and it's what's best for you.
Speaker 2: Why didn't they turn on Max though?
Speaker 1: Why didn't they turn on Max? I think Max was just a person they want to keep.
Speaker 3: I think it was good entertainment. Okay, I think it was good entertainment.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you make judgments on who you really want to wake up next to.
Speaker 3: In the morning.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: You know, I think you know, for me Zen going if like it would have I would never vote for Zen because I would enjoy you know, nice we sleep together with crack jokes, we have a laugh, and we just great things. I wouldn't have voted forever for Jesse because me and him would can we make you know, great content with being each other?
Speaker 3: We do crazy things.
Speaker 1: Sometimes your judgments really affect you in a way because you've actually gained a relationship and probably you know what, when it comes down to it, if it becomes someone I'm really close to, for example, Ursula, yes I loved hanging out with her and everything, and then someone yes I'm still close to, But can I you know, can I go with Adam for another day because is a really good friend of mine and we connect. Yeah, you know what, I can get rid of them, But I couldn't go for Usla as much as I know if she's dogged me. I know, these are kind of things that go through your head sometimes, you know, Like I knew that my votse was gunning for me and she had to save herself. I really wish my tribe just like my alliance p D. Christino, so just believed in me a little bit, because I know, I know for a fact, if they just work with me a little bit, we could have convinced one or two people and the game would have changed completely.
Speaker 2: If you could pick one person that you didn't work hard enough on in your team to try and stick around, well, who would that person be?
Speaker 3: Yeah? If I flipped Ben's it was. It was a no brain.
Speaker 1: I would never gone home if I flipped, Ben Jesse would have flipped and then the rest is history. But it's just I think the Bronze were just mainly braun strong brawn muscles. We're keeping the must league, We're keeping the fittest, you know. And I'm like, think about the future, Like, you know, not every game is about strength and stuff like that. Think about the future. Just think about who's going to wipe you out later. So I thought a little bit different. They think a little bit different. Yeah, I thought really early in the game. They thinking later on the game. You'll see what happens later on the game. And whether I say is right or wrong, we'll soon to find out.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon that if you've got us to go back on the show, we would get the same as what we got this time, Like, how much do you think I returned to this format would show a different side to you or do you think?
Speaker 3: Look, if I was on the brain Steam, I think you would have seen a different.
Speaker 2: Nash okay bringing it up. But I still I'm sitting here with you today and I'm like, this is the sort of person I'd be making alliances with one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I think if you commit to me, I will make sure you're family for life.
Speaker 3: Look, obviously someone's got to be stabborn in the back, but you'll get.
Speaker 1: Stup in the back knowing that I'd done it out of my heart and not because I hate you.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong, you did make good television. I always like the noisiest, most polarizing players. And when I started this chat, you're probably like, why are you calling me polarizing? You being negative? I'm not. I actually think that you know you only get one shot to be on his shows and you want to make an impact. I want people to remember you, and that is something you walk away with.
Speaker 3: So the reason why I've done the podcast with us and Yeahs and it.
Speaker 2: Was a roast, right, I loved it because of it.
Speaker 3: I wanted Australia to see that Nash is actually a genuine guy.
Speaker 1: He can take its really heavy, heavy hits like a lot of people, like even fair.
Speaker 3: I said that I don't think I would have been able to take what you can take.
Speaker 1: And I took them and I laughed and smiled, and here I am, I'm still smiling.
Speaker 3: I'm still poking it out because I understand sometimes in life people need to be picked on to make you know, someone else laugh or so not everyone's gonna love each other.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. I don't think that that. You don't need to position yourself like that, you know what I mean, Like, it's not your job to make people laugh. You don't have to make yourself small to make that happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't feel that I'm making myself small. I'm obviously being a dad. I want to make my kids happy. Look, that's something wy you make them smile. It's just a thing I've always done in my life.
Speaker 3: I'm the only child, and I'm just that funny, lovable, you know, out of the world character that just likes to crack jokes out of nowhere, whether they're you know, the right time on the wrong time.
Speaker 1: But that's just me who I am. If you ask my family and friends, that's nash Like, yeah, who I am. I love too smile. I don't like being upset. That's not a thing that it really built into me, you know. So it's hard to break me. And when I break, I really break down, but not an upcent the time. I'm actually a very happy person.
Speaker 2: Well, I love that this week we got to I mean the end of this week we got to see a promo for them dropping their buffs, and I'm like, I don't know if that's happening early. I don't know what's going on or wasn't expecting that to happen at this point. What do you think is going to happen when we mix these teams up?
Speaker 1: The Bronze are going to struggle, I believe, okay, I believe the Brons are going to struggle. And if it's going to be a mixed, mixed team and with the crazy brains that you've got, I feel like there's going to be a lot of attack on the brain Brounze, okay, because they're not built.
Speaker 3: They're not built to do.
Speaker 1: From what I felt, they weren't built enough to do crazy stuff, and the brains were always doing ready to do crazy stuff.
Speaker 3: That's how I see it. But who knows? Who knows?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Surviving Universe, you know, an a dime, you know, the.
Speaker 1: Best game in the world, and it can still come second. You know, you just don't know.
Speaker 2: I asked that every moment I leave this podcast for something from behind the scenes, and it's really hard ad Survivor because there's a lot this is a big program all around the world. We don't want to sort of get you in trouble with an NDA. So I thought about a question to ask you, and I want to know, give you one piece of advice that George King George gave you as going into this game, because I'm sure you asked him, and I'm sure he would have given you a four and a half hour ted talk on it. What was the take home?
Speaker 3: It's I can't really say, yes you can.
Speaker 2: That's what we want to know.
Speaker 3: If there's nothing happening, make something happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love that. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's what If nothing's happening, makes something happen. And I did, really I did.
Speaker 2: And you know, the producers and everybody would have been loving it. They would have been right.
Speaker 3: They loved it.
Speaker 1: Producers love the content, look great, TV explosive, season great from the start.
Speaker 3: A lot of people didn't like.
Speaker 1: You know, really really strategy fans. I know, I've read the comments. They didn't like it.
Speaker 3: Stubid deers, hey, apply, get on, let me know how you go. That's what I say. I don't seem behind a computer and write comments they apply go on, show me how you play?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and then we'll talk about it offline.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it. Let's see.
Speaker 1: You know I made it, you know, out of how many thousands applied, Yeah, I was chosen. This is the game I played. Whether it was wrong or right, There is no right game. The only person who played the right game is the winner at the end.
Speaker 2: You know, a people of the right comments about these things. The sad people like no one normal goes and gets online and writes about someone they've never met before. You know, whatever they're putting out online says more about them.
Speaker 3: I read it.
Speaker 1: I read that night on my in the first episode I went through X. I was trending forth on X.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: And I smiled at every single comment I loved because it doesn't hurt me. It doesn't hurt me. I've born on national TV. Yeah, being one hundred and five killers with my shirt off.
Speaker 3: Luck. Do you think that really? Comments? People comments really early? They don't. I can handle it like it's just words.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm signing up to your ted talk because I reckon, you've got a lot to You've got a lot to say, and a really interesting perspective on that. So I have to let you go because I'm over time. I honestly, I've absolutely loved talking to you today. I think that you're a very interesting, lovable guy. Thank you for being so generous and talking to me, but also thanks for signing up to Survivor and and being in it to play hard and have I'll be back.
Speaker 3: I'll be back. Don't you worry.
Speaker 2: You've watched you terminated movies.
Speaker 3: Look after you some.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the chats with everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bye, guys,