Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast. Yesterday I got press release, so we're talking about who will be this year's twenty twenties Australian of the Year, and I like to put through a nomination this morning. That is Adrian, the guy who just called us, guys we're living and walking on us a genius. He called us this morning, we're talking about our favorite flavors of chips, and he came up with a brand new combinations.
Speaker 2: From one day I was standing there. I was looking at the salt miniga and the chicken twistis and I couldn't aside, so I bought them both and put them all in one bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what genius is. One day he was standing there. One day Einstein was standing there. One day Louis Pasteur was just standing there. One day called it Adrian online. One was standing there.
Speaker 2: From one day I was standing there. I was looking at the salt miniga and the chicken twistis and I put n't the side, so I bought them both and put them all in one bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And where the rest of us stand there and think one or the other, he thinks no both both.
Speaker 1: He equals MC square.
Speaker 2: You do it my life thinks I'm a little bit crazy, but I like to live on the edge, you know.
Speaker 1: Living on the edge. This is what it does. This is weekend treat. This is his snack genius. And I think many of us have got these little snacks that we make for ourselves at the weekend. You have a couple of drink at drinks and then you put together, you fuse different snacks and you make a brand new one for me. I will. I absolutely love this. These flavors might sound odd, but to me, it's a delicacy for less than one dollar. As well. Now listening, I get some bacon flavored chips. It doesn't really matter, not snumber, maut wish ones. But Smiths are pretty good. They know what they're doing. They've been doing it since nineteen thirty two. We've sat I found out the last half an hour bacon flavored chips, Smith's one. And then I put on top of that a square of dairy milk chocolate. The bacon and the chocolate. You wouldn't put them together. Suddenly they work.
Speaker 3: I'm interested, definitely interesting. I want to try both of these over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try it. Honestly, I want to do is. So I'll make up a couple of these rae them on the plan, the half of them around. Oh and basady, you're spoiling us. What sort of chocolate though?
Speaker 3: Just does it have to be like dark chocolate or just normal?
Speaker 1: No? Just in milk chocolate? Yeah? Sorry, perhaps you're quite right, good question. No, uh, dark chocolate be too much? Suddenly the dark chocolate is too is overbearing with it with the bacon, and they need to be perfectly balanced, the yin and the yang, the bacon and the chocolate.
Speaker 3: It's so good that works it perfectly through ratio one square one chip. Yeah, is one mouthful.
Speaker 1: Mouth and the just just wait a couple of seconds. First of all, you'll meet mister bacon. Oh okay, it's just you, is it? Now? I've got another friend on top of me. Who's that chocolate? You didn't let me know, mister bacon. Not a little pig in my mouth? Sorry, not going on the way head at the moment. Okay, Uh, I talk about we're talking about this earlier which I'd never heard before. Utterly terrifying. We have Smith's christ in the UK. They first came from the UK. However, we did not get this. This is a bumble dots gobble docks, Love Smith, this is a trauma.
Speaker 3: Gobble dock was a monster who loved chips.
Speaker 1: Gary's on the line. Got something to say about the gobbledock. Gary, good morning.
Speaker 4: Here you going guys, Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 1: Tell us about the gobbledock.
Speaker 4: My wife's got a five foot cardboard cutout of the gobble dock. She's got him in the hallway opposite the toilet toilet, so when people go into the toilet, they don't see him, but when they come out and open the door, surprised standing there in front of him.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Gary, thank you very much for coming, and buddy, have a good day. Thanks all right, then, what is your snack genius? What snack combination do you put together to feuse something brand new? Like our genius this morning, Adrian.
Speaker 2: From one day, I was standing there, I was looking at the salt miniga and the chicken twisted, and I couldn't decide, so I bought them both and put them all in one bag.
Speaker 1: What unusual and weird snack combinations do you throw together? What have you got?
Speaker 5: Christian Icon, Christian o'con show boy.
Speaker 1: Build my own virtual Pats Pats. If you were not here, I just toy boy talking about snack genius. You may do this without even knowing. It's called snack genius. That's where you create your own snack. You might throw a couple of different random things together. Adrian has let us into this earlier this morning, when we're talking about your favorite flavors of chips.
Speaker 2: From one day. I was standing there. I was looking at the salt Miniga and the chicken twistis, and I couldn't decide, so I bought them both and put them all in one bag.
Speaker 1: Genius fusion. There. That's a Christian. Do you ever melt the chocolate first then pour the over the bacon chips? But Linda, I haven't thought about doing that now. I just placed a little tab of for dairy Milk chocolate on top. But Linda, that former company together Crisps chocolate and cheese works Christian. Another is a fried egg on toast with marmalade. Oh yeah, no, no, no, no, Nick and Heia, I'm afraid we must agree to disagree on that one fried egg on toast with marmalade. So much going on with that. It's that you've accidentally dropped in a kitchen somewhere one's falling on it.
Speaker 3: So you can decide what kind of breakfast you want?
Speaker 1: Sweet? Do you want? Save three? Michael good? One in? Michael good, Michael, what's your snack genius for us?
Speaker 5: So you got a spoonful and the tower and then you get the condensed milk, dip it in and into the mouth.
Speaker 1: Awesome, I love simple.
Speaker 5: You can only have like maybe two or three and then you're like, all.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, but what a great ride? What it's there? Those two or three?
Speaker 3: So do you is it ruined the can of condensed milk? Or do you only use the condensed milk for dipping purposes because it would get some to teller in it?
Speaker 1: But that's good?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you're stuck there. I think from now on I'm going to put the condensed milk into a cup separately and then start up on it.
Speaker 1: You don't have to change that.
Speaker 3: You do it, Michael.
Speaker 1: Contamination. Now the handling facts, I mean this that sounds delicious, you know, to be honest, you know all these fancy restaurants that find dining much as they brought out just a can your dessert, deconstructed dessert. Yeah, Yeah, that's great. Yeah, prelm just still going about that contemplation. Michael, thank you very much, but I have a good day. You already threw with that, mate, easy with you questions.
Speaker 3: I love the sound of it, but you didn't really bring the passion with.
Speaker 1: Lisa. Good morning, Good morning, Lisa, welcome to the show. What's your snack genius?
Speaker 2: Oh I'm not.
Speaker 6: Sure I call it a snack genius, but my stepdad has weak bicks, sneered it with beggimi and put sardines on top.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? No?
Speaker 6: Sometimes you even just eight week bis.
Speaker 1: But let's go back to wheat bis and then sardines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yu, How did that.
Speaker 1: Even come into being? I could understand Adrian with two different bags of chips. That makes sense. They're in the chip family. Sardines a week bitch. Yeah, well, I can't wrap my head around that one. Lisa, Thank you very much. Nicall you Chris Christian O'Connell show podcast Snack Geniuses. This is where you fuse a couple of different random snacks together to create your own one, often under the influence of alcohol. I think most of these have been created under beer's beer influence. Christian, good morning. My wife creates snack genius. She combines a bag of popcorn with a bag of more Teeser's Simon and Hobbers Cross And I guess if you shake all together, the salt and chocolate coming together. But that's really nice. Julie. Good morning, morning Christian. How are you. I'm good, Julie. I hope you having a good week. And what's your snack for us?
Speaker 5: It's a sweetened so many chips on a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think what we're realizing is that potentio chips can really be compliment to any other food.
Speaker 1: I never want to child in ice cream.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, no, very nice.
Speaker 2: Or even just use a big chip as a bit of a scoop and with the ice cream, and yeah.
Speaker 3: Chip starts strong enough to scoop up some ice cream.
Speaker 1: A crinkle cup. Well we'll we meet. There's like a corrugated roof that extra tension.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's no wonderful, very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, who's got ice cream? That's powerful? Jack, it's going to break through. A humble chip just scoop it up like me.
Speaker 3: And we have to be very warm running ice cream for a chip to be able to get.
Speaker 1: You want it pre mashed, just a little bit meshed, not when it's like when it comes out it's all solid. Juli. Thank you very much, Karen.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good county well this morning, very well?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Just had my best snack.
Speaker 1: U u oh yeah, what is it?
Speaker 2: Teddy Bear biscuits, pease, butter and VEGGI might bang.
Speaker 1: That's your day, mate, You're gonna have a great day once you start like that. That's brilliant.
Speaker 2: I thought you'd say yuck, mam.
Speaker 1: No, no, I can understand it when it's mixed in with something. I don't dilute some of it. That'd that'd be nice. Those it all Teddy Bears.
Speaker 3: I used to butter Teddy Bears as well, Karen. I used to make a Teddy Bear sandwich, so butter in the on one and then sandwich it up with another Teddy on top.
Speaker 2: Oh, you've just saved my day.
Speaker 1: I could go back to get bed now, Karen. Today is not going to get any better.
Speaker 3: You've got your gratitude journal dune for tonight.
Speaker 1: All right, Karen, thank you very much. She killed bye bye now, Melanie a Christian.
Speaker 6: My snack takes the cake for sure.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 6: It is salt many your chips with sweet chili chilly and then the Slami treaty on top.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah that works together. Let me just break that down one by one again.
Speaker 6: So salt and vinningar, Yeah, the crinkled ones.
Speaker 1: And then when you say sweet chili filly, you mean the Philadelphia spread, the sweet chili flavor.
Speaker 6: Yes, so you've got to have the cream cheese and the sweet chili sauce and then you put the twiggy on top. The tiggy on top.
Speaker 1: It acts like a kind of cementy kind of cake mix for all too.
Speaker 6: Much, just like you when you go and you have your platter and your chips and stuff at a party, and they're the best things and if there's some left over, you just put them together.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I think what we're learning is more dervs should have a chip base rather than a bread bas Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great one, Lovely Melanie, Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 6: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 1: Right, A lot of these are so good you want to actually try them. I think we should try a weekly feature now called Snack Genius, where we will take two of your recipes your fusions, try them out of vote on which one is the better. Maybe next year we'll have a cookbook move over, Jamie Oliver, move over Heston Bloomin. Tool snack Genius is coming, Chris Rust