Speaker 1: Hey, legends, welcome back to the Mason cock Show. Big episode today. Your boy got in a scuffle with Richmond. Who would have thought n RAL went to Vegas. They got on the piss, I'm sure. And lastly, someone got hit in the head pretty high over the weekend. We're gonna talk about that and much much more in this episode starting now. All right, Legends, welcome back to the Mason cock Show. We've got heaps of stuff to cover here, but without further Ado Brandon, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, Mace, I want to get your opinion on something right off the top, because I think have you mentioned it? You're from America from memory?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes I am, yeah, yes, yes, I am in America.
Speaker 2: Now you know who's not from America. The AFL, they don't want a bar of it. But the NRL. They have just been to Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Veva, I guess baby. I want to get your feedback on everything about that. Because I tuned in they converted me well less so to the sport once the sport started. Ah, but before that, the build up, the the show, the extravaganza, the bright lights of Las Vegas. I was in so I was tuned in? Did you tune in? What did you think of the whole thing?
Speaker 1: I saw a little bit of the game. I saw a lot of the pregame stuff, and then like them going over there and hamming it up and all the different like they did the fit checks before the game. They got to wear whatever they wanted. Take note, AFL, that'd be kind of cool. They got to do all this stuff. And I feel like the Vegas you know, I guess lifestyle very much matches what rugby people love, and that is a good damn party. So it was very well on brand for the interval to go to Vegas of all places in America. Yeah, and I love the show of it, the whole thing, from all the social media clips to them being over there early and doing all the different pr and media and getting Gronk involved and all these things that were happening. It was an incredible pr just experience for the NRL.
Speaker 2: Was it a missed opportunity for the AFL?
Speaker 1: What do you think? My answer was great. Now, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Trying to poke you, but I did, like, did you see the videos going in of like the you know, how they put the grass on the rollers and roll it into the stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just backed that up.
Speaker 2: And they still had the numbers on there and the logo from like the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, and they're standing in the spot going like this is where mahomes through the match winner. Like it was just cool. The vibe. It felt like a big game atmosphere, like a Marquee game. The desk on the field. I'm a fan of the broadcast stuff and that always just feels extra special when you've got the desk and the commentators down on the ground level. The grass looked mint, the deck, look they chewed that up. That's roll that out of the stadium and just throw it in the bin because it's done. What did you think from a, you know, a game perspective, the crowd came in that top tier little thin, but saying that NRL is kind of a bit thin when it's back here in Australia.
Speaker 1: I think their audience they wanted was forty thousand. I don't think they got that, but just to get like thousands of thousands of people to take notice of it in America obviously massive market over there. Rugby's becoming very big over there in that sense, so it was a great opportunity for them to be able to showcase I guess rugby outside of the country in America. So it was awesome because I mean I think of rugby right, Rugby is like bounds ahead of the AFL as far as acknowledgment and knowledge of it outside of this country. Like everyone goes, oh, you play AFL? Is that rugby? Is that rugby like? And everyone knows that, But a lot of people don't want to admit that because the AFL is not known outside of it. Everyone thinks we're rugby. Everyone thinks that's what the league is. But I think these things that are happening over in America and around the world being more of an international game, I guess that's played definitely helps them in being able to get attention from more people and more eyes.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see that ad growing up there? I like to see that with like Evander Holyfield and who was a Carl Lewis. Carl Lewis the guy that runs real quick. Yeah, they were like they were showcasing in America and they're like guys that jump real high. I'd like to see that, and then they'd show highlights and stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I understand it. But there was a lot of like American NFL players and they were just like, I want fucking nothing to do with in Aral. These guys are trying to kill each other with our pads, and that's the that's the selling point, right like of AFL in ral anything like that. It's we're crazy Australians from a foreign land that just don't give a shit about our health and safety, and that's what people love in America, so you sell that side of it. I think they did pretty well. I'm jealous. I'm very jealous of what they did over there, and it's hopefully something I don't know if it'll happen in my lifetime, but hopefully at some point we can play game over there and get their attention to AFL well deserves.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into something a bit more serious and we'll get on to this off the top of the podcast, because we had line we spoke about just last week of it, like this isn't that long ago preseason. You think, let's just ease into this bad boy, but no, Jimmy Webster massive incident comes out and almost takes Jay Simpkins's head clean off his shoulders. Really like it was one of those incidents. When I saw it, shocked called out to my house mate, you got to see this like crazy, and he's gobsmacked. It's you know, it's hard to fathom seeing this in the regular season, let alone in the preseason, let alone a week after you know, Power Pepper just got four weeks for his incident. So yeah, I don't know. We spoke about it last week and I said that I feel like the players are the last line of mitigating risk towards themselves because the AFL is doing what they can do, the clubs are doing what they can do, and then a couple of percent of AFL players are just going rogue out there. I don't know, what did you think when you first saw the incident? It looks pretty seriously, Oh.
Speaker 1: Dude, I was just like, you know, you see something like that happened, you're like, oh, geez, that's not good. That is not good in the It's kind of weird that like AFL kind of like put it up on their socials right away, like the hit and stuff. You know, like when there's something big like that happens, I feel like you almost need to maybe just like take a step back before you start posting that kind of stuff because it's not a great look for the league. Jimmy Webster has come out and you know he's admitted he did, you know, something that was wrong and as you would expect from himself in the club, it was not a good look at all. It was one of those things where he's left the ground, you know, jumped up and it didn't even look like he was really trying to smother it. He was going straight for bodies. So yeah, yeah, not good and it was high. Like I think of, you know, different situations, it's similar, Like you look at the one Charlie Cameron in the Grand Final hitting Jeremy Howe goes for the body, gets the rib. There's things like that, and I reckon it'll actually be completely taken out of the game. I think the ifl if the ball leaves the foot and you hit someone like that, like there's to be some kind of you know, it's going to be probably a week or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking at that and basing it off. You know, Sam pow Pepper hit there was only a week ago that got four. I'm seeing this. I don't think there would be an argument and normally there's you know, to and fro. In the comment section, it was pretty unanimous, like six to ten, like big penalty coming his way. Ross Lyon said, you know he's going to get what he gets, like so.
Speaker 1: Well, then everyone knows he's going to get suspended, and it's just a matter of how long.
Speaker 2: Yeah and yeah, this is you know, straight the tribunal. Plead your case, but there's not much of a case to plead because this feels like back in the day they used to give you the DVD of like things you can't do. This would be the prime example. Like I knew he wasn't going to get there in time, left the ground, contact with the head, severe contact leading to a concussion. It's it's cut and dry.
Speaker 1: All the workings to be a terrible experience for.
Speaker 2: Cut and dry in terms of a suspension, it's just a matter of how long. There was some interesting bye play after the fact where Jimmy Webster's family has got involved on social media. Now, obviously he can't control what his family has done, but being a player and being in many incidents both on the receiving and the givings, I'm.
Speaker 1: On the football field, don't get me wrong, Bred and I know it's a nice way of putting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ever had to, you know, tell your family to rein it in or say just be careful because you know they're in the public eye too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I've been pretty open about my family and you know the relationship I have with them and bringing them along my AFL journey. They do have social media. Both my brothers, my mom and dad. I have social media. I think it's one of those things you want to protect them as much as you can, but you know they're going to be able to see things just as much as you can. My family, especially my mother, will will always send me a text message, you know, asking me how I'm doing, just randomly out of the blue, and I usually know what that means. That means someone's wrote a dirty article on me. Yea, So I try to have to google things pretty quickly after that. But yeah, she's she sees it just as much as anyone else.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I understand like family wants to protect their own and and all that, but I think some of the comments after that, you got to probably just stay away from social media or it be Jimmy, the family, everyone else. I think it's best just to stay off it for a little bit, let the let the dust settle, and let everything kind of get sorted out. And you know, I've I've had the conversation with my family to to not kind of bite back at people. Obviously there's negative things and people that say things on the internet, but there's no benefit I feel like from family members get involved in my professional life in that sense in a negative way. And you got to think of it as like if you were a CEO of a company and then like you're someone sacksho and your mother's like, I hate you company, You're a terrible person. It's like that's not going to help you get a job at the next place. But say, it's one of those things you got to be aware of, you know, if you have a public eye in your professional life, like it's not only your responsibility but to the people you surround yourself's responsibility to make sure that they don't comment inappropriate things.
Speaker 2: The problem is, you can never beat the internet. No, you can never beat the Internet. You're never going to get them to go you know what valid point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that will never happen in this life. I guarantee you.
Speaker 2: Now you did jump on the internet, you're pretty good at these types of things. You jumped on X if you jumped on But I want to ask you in person, sinbin. You brought this up as a potential solution for some of these incidents. Do you believe there should be a sinbin in the AFL.
Speaker 1: I think there should be some version of a sin bin. Whether it is whether it is a sinbin or not, I'm not really sure how they would kind of structure it, but I think there needs to be adjudication, not by the umpires on the field. They can call the free kick and everything else and say you know you're under report and all that, but I think there needs to be someone that's watching the vision up top in the arc or wherever that room is that they kind of make these decisions for goals and stuff and to decide whether or not a player it needs to be able to continue playing on. I think in local leagues you have like yellow cards and red cards and things like that. Doesn't make sense that in a professional standpoint, you can literally go out there punch ten people in the face and still play through the rest of the game is pretty wild. It's like the only game in the world that I know that that kind of exists, there's no you know, repercussions to doing something like that. You can still play the game out So I'm not really sure how it would be structured, but I do think there needs to be something where if someone literally gets in the fist fight, they shouldn't be able to play the rest of the game. Yeah, Like whether it means you have to take them off fully put your sub in, whatever it is, I'm not sure. But it baffles me that the AFL doesn't have any kind of you know, punishment for doing an extremely dirty act on field, and just beyond Jimmy's thing, like just in general, it kind of blows my mind.
Speaker 2: It have to be a fair bit of restructuring around it. And yeah, but yeah, I could see it coming in. I could see it coming in pretty soon.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Like the more the incidents like this happens two or zero, So if someone comes out next week and does it again, we got to get to a solution because we can't just keep you know, having these concussions out there. We will get into the Amy Community series, but I just want to bring up that name community series because obviously IFIL invested a lot of money, a billion dollars into growing the game, and we're heading up to New South Wales and we're going to Queensland, but we're no longer seemed to be going to Bendigo and Mildura and Aubrey and what happened to these?
Speaker 1: You mean playing the icon Park is not community?
Speaker 2: How the hell is a community series? I didn't say.
Speaker 1: They're playing in our arch rivals like Training Ground were.
Speaker 2: Not even played in July. They didn't even leave. I know, the country town. They're in the community. We're all in the community. Melbourne's Oh yeah, the mcg is in the community. But yeah, I just thought it was it's a bit disappointing being a chooker boy on the day. He's a rochy boy. Yeah, you're from America, doesn't count. But I feel like we're never going there. But yeah, I feel like missing out. I used to remember when Richo came down and kicked snags at the Moamma Oval and it was like froth and footy. That's gone now because we're playing down at icon Park, double headed, back to back. What's going on? So? I don't want to get you in trouble, but we need some answers.
Speaker 1: I don't get me wrong, I think we would love to go play in the community, and I think that's uh. We do spend time in the community. Don't get me wrong, there is We've been to Moe this year. We've done community work out there and we brought the cup and then went down to Fish Creek and all these kind of places that are very much community. But I think the more we get into this, you know, we used to have like three preseason games and we had like the Nab Cup, and now we've got two preseason games. Really one preseason game we had a North Melbourne which was you know, not even televised. I guess it wasn't KO, but it wasn't like proper Foxtel. And I think as the years go on, teams don't really value broadcasting a preseason game, like there's no reason to show your cards early in that sense in a preseason game, and they're more interested in doing scenario based stuff, whether it be you know, like you know, try to win the game with five minutes left, like they like being able to manipulate the time, manipulate the situation where if you're in broadcast and you're like over the weekend, we're playing Richmond, like we couldn't just stop the game, be like, hold on, we're going to do a scenario five minutes, we're going to have you up by six points. We're gonna have you down by six points. That doesn't exist. And I think that's what teams want to train and practice the most, is being able to do those situations and being able to manipulate the game. And whenever you're doing broadcast, you're contractually required to just play a regular game, and I don't think teams want to do that. They want to be able to do what a preseason game is meant for, which is train different situations and train different things that come in come up in a game. And I think the longer we go, the more it's going to turn into broadcast is not going to really be a thing of it, and it's just going to be, Hey, we're going to play two games in the preseason against whatever teams we match up in and we're going to have full control over what it's going to look like.
Speaker 2: It's that whole mentality you've got to give back to the game. And I feel like the schedules of the players have gotten tighter, the broadcasters have gotten tighter, so you lose that ability to just be like we're going to go play a game here and there and everywhere, and yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: Going to do broadcast. You got to set up a whole broadcasting experience in a very rural town. Yeah, it's not always the easiest thing to do, and it doesn't always look best on television. And we only really have one main camera. You don't have all the gadgets and widgets and everything else that go with I guess a game at Icon Park or game of the MCG or whatever it may be. It's such training ground or oval.
Speaker 2: We need to get to the bottom of that. We need to get back out in the community. Put a choker back on the calendar, getting out there. Let's jump into these games because they're not going to review themselves. Man, now put your game.
Speaker 1: Last, full review, actual games.
Speaker 2: Into the footage.
Speaker 1: Exciting. I've been I feel good.
Speaker 2: Chumping at the bit to get into it, because Jesus, it is hard to do a footy podcast Mace when there's no bloody footy on.
Speaker 1: So I actually enjoyed the fan question. Yeah, get into it.
Speaker 2: We digress. We'll put your game last, so we'll jump into Carlton Melbourne and boy Carlton fans, are you nervous or what because you had another bit of a stinker, So just put it out there. But Harry and Charlie kick three each, so you know they're on the board, which is good Melbourne. You know they're concerns with the mid forward connection. That look good. Clayton Oliver playing good foot. He's been selected for the start of the season, so they look out of the whole game. There's some positives gone twenty four disposals, two goals, thirty hitouts, Gorna.
Speaker 1: That is just that's delicious. If you're looking at super coach, you're going, yeah, I'll pick him number one.
Speaker 2: He just doesn't slow down. He just doesn't stop. I've never seen like a contest a contest and he's always out marking everyone.
Speaker 1: He's one of the best contested marks you'll ever see. Like it's actually so impressive. And he gets around the ground so well. And I'm like, for guy your size, you just have an incredible tank. I I don't know how. I don't know what he does in the off season to prep for it, but it is it's a he's a physical specimen.
Speaker 2: Well we know he's off the darts because he can't be running around taking marks like that if he's still sucking on the lung burst. But yeah, I don't know. If you're heading into the preseason, you're coming out. If your team's like zero and two in the preseason, you're right in it up our preseasons nothing, that's nothing. If your team's two and oer coming out of the preseason, jeez, wear little cat hot, right, So take it with a grain of salt. We head up to Sydney. We played in Newtown, Sydney v. Brizsy Brizzy got the chocolates. There's a fair bit that went down in this game. Snakes everywhere, small but deadly. We're talking about snake's bread and not something else. Now, I don't know if you could just look at one. You've been in Australia, you should be able to look at it and go, yeah, that's a red belly, brown snake. You just got to be able to was.
Speaker 1: It red and yellow? Killer fellow? You yellow on black? Don't worry jack or something like that. They all do not take that is actual factual information. People. I don't want to be playing for some getting bitten by poisonous snake and dye.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's a snake there. I don't worry. Make said something about brown Jacks something.
Speaker 1: Yellow and black. Didn't kill Jack. I know who he is, but somehow he doesn't get affected by poison.
Speaker 2: I think if you just go all snakes are bad. Yea, they agree, don't mess with them. They won't mess with you. But they did mess with this snake because it messed with the start of the game. So they called out that snake catch who must he must be on retainer for some of that big cash every time they come in to Newtown. I reckon, he just drops a snake out there. He needs count I oh, snake call that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then so snakes extreme heat lights couldn't crank on.
Speaker 1: It's a very good start to the It was.
Speaker 2: A shambles up there at Newtown. But unfortunately we wanted to see not only Brodie Grundy go out there and dominate, but we wanted to see Taylor Adams, who unfortunately lateral ligament strain three to four weeks, not you know, not the end of the season, which is good. We can take positives out of that. You don't want any injuries. You don't want knee injuries. But yeah, unfortunately little hiccup. Lucky we got round zero and we got extra rounds. He can come back. He'll still make That's pretty much the start of the season.
Speaker 1: I think he's what three to four weeks with what was a lateral ligament strain. The l ls ls on it. But yeah, now it's tough to see him go down. Obviously, new team. He's playing US in two weeks, which I'm sure he would have wanted to be part of that game, and now he's going to probably miss that. So I can imagine you feel for Tay like he's an incredible person. Gave a lot to our club obviously while he's there and was part of our leadership and everything else, and always have a soft spot for him. So wishing him all the best and recovery legend, and hopefully we see you back out there soon.
Speaker 2: He is an avid listener of The Mason Cock Show. We will go to his old all the time. We go to his former club, former former club g WS FIRS, the Gold Coast Sons. GWS got the chocolate. I've said chocolates twice, given out a load of chocolates. Lucocious Lika. He's back four goals, Toby Green three goals, three behind Don't worry about the behinds. He'll get there. Ben King signed a mammoth contract.
Speaker 1: That usually means one thing and one thing only.
Speaker 2: Brandon he just had a let's just simmer down a bit. He had four touches, kicked them behind, so he's just let's relax. We signed the contract.
Speaker 1: Now as how many years as you have just to chill out.
Speaker 2: He's got a month. He's on the big Millie. We're just putting that out there. That's that's not setting stunt so but we're saying he's definitely on a million. Brent Daniels goal over the shoulder, over the head, one of those ones. They're pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're pretty exciting. Saying that is, do they get like a goal of the year if you do like a bicycle kick goal?
Speaker 2: Some do Luke Parkers remember Luke Parkers, fool See Brent Daniels is like, he's like, what five seven? So I kick over your head?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not that amazing kick over your head?
Speaker 1: Would this be a goal of the year If you're like boundary throwing to Rockman, go out it. You kick it out of the air from a boundary throw and it goes in. They don't even like hand to foot, just straight out of the air. I did that in training once. I still think it's a great goal of everything.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was. It was kind of one of those things. I was like, it was a ship throw.
Speaker 2: They played under the replay of the Grand Final the other day. That one that you had and you got it out of the rock contest and snapped it in the mists.
Speaker 1: That would have give me a huge spreak. I'm pretty sure he was up in there.
Speaker 2: He can't get them all, leave some ball for someone else, jeez, let him have a So let's move on. We've got the Geelong Cats now they've played down at the Cattery. I just want to touch on this. They play in Geelong for their preseason game and then they get looked after the first round. They're playing in Geelong again.
Speaker 1: Have they figured out their stadium? Has it done yet? I feel like it's been ten years in the making.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think that side it'll never be done.
Speaker 1: They have incredible insides, but that stand on like whatever the east side I think of the stadium. Yeah, it's been going for ages. I feel like it's.
Speaker 2: What's on the inside that counts, is what my mum always used to say. Let's jump into the game. Geelong eighty three to Essendon seventy one, but not all downside for Essendon. Nick Martin two goals, twenty eight touches, so he looked good. Gresham new club, he kicked two goals, two behind fourteen touches. So it's good to see, you know, the new players running around there. You get excited at this time.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of hype with us in a lot of trades in the off season, so they're definitely seeing what they can produce.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like it when your club gets in a new influx of players. You miss out on exciting draft picks, but they take a while.
Speaker 1: Ye, well, you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 1: That's trying to make finals. That's the first thing they're going to do.
Speaker 2: But unfortunately there's something that mightn't help them in their pursuit for finals. Ridley quite injury. Yes, just signed a big six year deal.
Speaker 1: This is a this is a theme. You sign a big deal and bad things happen. Yeah, I think I signed it. My deal and got two years and got dropped. I think a week later. That's it's just how it happens. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Old enough that news ben like he'll come good good, you use it, but it does happen quite often.
Speaker 1: It's a weird dynamic.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't want to start slinging. But like Brody Grundy massive deal, Clayton Oliver massive deal, were massive deals all over the shop. Maybe maybe let's go to three year deals now. Well for the players, big deals were for big deal.
Speaker 1: We love big deals.
Speaker 2: You would still take seven year.
Speaker 1: I would take whatever.
Speaker 2: If they came to you with a big seven year would you believe it?
Speaker 1: No? Are you kidding me? Seven years would almost put me at forty a wild look like Harvey.
Speaker 2: It would be a wild prank. Imagine that. It's probably not the place to joke.
Speaker 1: Right, did just leave for Europe? So if there's any time to do it, it's now.
Speaker 2: Do you walk in just with a note? Handwritten note said alright, he said seven years.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That was the last thing you said out the door. You said, just give Mason seven years.
Speaker 2: I don't know he said it. But one funny thing that came out of this game quealthy. Now I wouldn't say, yeah, solidified spot in the in the spot in the team. So you want to just do everything right when you have on those fringes. But he hit a banana, like a genuine check side banana from a set shot about what twelve meters?
Speaker 1: It's confidence when I want, isn't it? Is that the classic? Just preseason get me through this.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he missed. If he hadn't got it, I still think he would have got sprayed, won't you.
Speaker 1: I think it probably comes up as a bit of a joke in the you know, the postgame maybe review.
Speaker 2: I get the snap, you can replicate it.
Speaker 1: Jack used to do that all the time, real he would always like snap from like ten meters out in front.
Speaker 2: Stevie J obviously named after him the J curve. But the job you're I haven't seen yet seen. I haven't seen many bananas from the said shot. Anyway. Moving on, we go straight into the Port Adelaide versus Freeman or Dockers game, and I'm sorry Freeman.
Speaker 1: Or it's a good team.
Speaker 2: O god what it's a good team they are so hopefully Frio you can rest on that because not a great performance out of you guys. Last year finished rough and then you lost shirts. I don't know, let's not Collingwood player over here. Let's you know, forgive forget great trade. Unfortunately, I don't know what is going to happen to Frio this year, and I feel terrible about it.
Speaker 1: I feel this. I have no idea. I feel like they're a team that either is going to be up top or down below. They're not going to be in the middle. It's like one or the other. And I don't know what it's going to be, but it's going to be an extreme either way.
Speaker 2: I honestly I don't see it. I look at that list and although promising a couple of years ago, teams have just gone past them. In my opinion, humble opinion, my non football playing opinion, but yeah, I don't. I just look at other lists that they're like, they've got some good midfielders and then they got some good forwards. Fair like they've got bits and pieces. But it's so competitive at the top end of the ladder, because like, if you do the challenge, you sit down and you pick a top eight, you're picking twelve team.
Speaker 1: I feel like this year, especially it's so hard. But I look at their first like six games, I'm like, I feel like we're playing top eight teams every game.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. You're like every week you're like, god, geers, what's with our fixture? It's a hard one. And then you're like, oh, all teams are just good.
Speaker 1: Yes there's no game, no games off.
Speaker 2: But we're not writing free oh off, it's pre season. They lost the Port and it was in Adelaide. It was at Port's home ground. They throw a rock that hit the front door, so you know they had it all on their side. Hayden Young shining light out of this game, two goals, twenty six touches, was everywhere setting up everything. So he's an absolute jet, so much so that even though Port won. They interviewed Hayden Young after the game, which you don't see very often very often now. But Burton, Houston, Rosie wins all looking good. So they're all the familiar faces, fiery. But one thing that you know, Port a little rattle it. We got Butters, you know, Zach Butters Yep, hurt his ankle, no, which you don't want to see in these times, but he hurt it in a real weird way. He was kind of just walking backwards and then rolled his ankle and then went down and then came off, so or something.
Speaker 1: It was a sprinkler.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He actually joked after the fact, saying, like, just a bit silly, really.
Speaker 1: Just a bit silly, you know, just a little uncoordinated.
Speaker 2: I don't like bringing it up to you. And yeah, I've seen those rock contests where your big flippers get all tied up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of feet apeing the weekend about tim Toronto. Actually anyway, we'll get into that. But yeah, well no, we're going to the next name. Adelaide versus West Coast is West Coast? Are they back? Baby?
Speaker 2: God, it's going to be a lot this is so let's just take a step back. They get the number one draft pick, right, they got Harley red Yeah, yeah, yeah, a lot of pressure. But you know what you like to do when your team is terrible, You like to get that number one draft pick and you you have a little like spark, a happiness, a little bit of joy. We may be terrible for the next six to ten years, but we got Harley Reid. He's pretty good.
Speaker 1: So future we're looking at the future.
Speaker 2: Looking at the future with it not summer. You know, Summich writes for the newspaper over there, Well, he left the newspaper, long long standing relationship because he's potting Harley Reid in the newspaper going like simmer down. He's not Chris Judd. Let him have a little glimmer.
Speaker 1: He's eighteen years old. It's just let him live, dude, let him live. Let him enjoy, like the experience for it even starts like far out.
Speaker 2: He's it's going to be a sad little city over there. You kind of just hoping each other's opposition.
Speaker 1: You have some one of the two teams is like actually really good, but like, yeah, Frio these question marks around West Coast obviously has had a bit of a rough trot last year, so it's it's going to be an interesting year.
Speaker 2: I feel like in general, what we said about Frio, the little shining light for them is West Coast is worse. So that's what they've got. Anyway, Adelaide dominated West Coast one hundred and seventeen to fifty. Not all Upside because Riley Thilthorpe when off injured meniscus. He'll miss the start of the season. So they're down to Ford lucky them really hoting forward lines. So as much as it sucks, they got Rankin who kicked four so Shelley our boy here kicked three three.
Speaker 1: He's my favorite player Adelaide. He is awesome. I love his energy and I think he's going to be annoying as ship for other teams, which it makes me love him even more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like. I like watching Adelaide games. They're fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately, uh got screwed out of finals last year, so hopefully they can come back and not uh not kick goals.
Speaker 1: I'm going to throw a little nugget in here. Yeah, had someone contact me from Adelaide this week. We had a bit of a chat over the phone. Oh god, no, you'll be You'll love it if it comes through. Anyway, we move on to the next one. Harthorne versus Western Bulldogs. Are you hated that Hawks?
Speaker 2: You know the f what they are an up and coming AFL team inside young side, real chirpy, chirpy young kids out there. You know they got sicily running around as their captain. Is he still captain? He's their captain telling them what to do, leading from the front. Sam Mitchell also chirpy. He's their coach, so no wonder they're creating a little chirpy spawn.
Speaker 1: It's just key than the young fellas.
Speaker 2: But they were right up there. They were winning the whole game until they weren't winning halfway through the third and the Bulldogs kicked fifteen goals in the second half.
Speaker 1: Fifteen goals. I don't know my math. Well, I know that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they flogged them one hundred and nineteen to sixty two. But who was good? Our boy Jack Ginovan? Yeah, he was in everything early. Every time they kicked it into the forward line, Guinea was taking the mark. Had the long sleeve made the brown and pooh look good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I think getting can pull off any kind of jumper and long sleeve, but that's the hardest to pull off.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is the hardest color scheme to pull off and look good.
Speaker 2: And it actually, yeah, he did look good.
Speaker 1: We'll give it to Jack. He could make anything look good.
Speaker 2: But the Bulldogs gee purse. I was watching the first half and I was like, oh no, Like, what is going to happen to this Bulldog's team because they are inconsistent, But Luckily they came out absolutely dominated the second half, and all of that is forgotten because Jamara.
Speaker 1: Hugo Hagen in front of the show.
Speaker 2: Norton Aaron Norton four goals each combined for twelve marks total. That's a Now, that's a forward line. If they start doing that on a consistent basis.
Speaker 1: Each Dude, you were just licking your lips on the first season game like that, and.
Speaker 2: You got that and who's kicking it down to him? Thirty two touches and a goal. He's just freak man.
Speaker 1: He hit that goal. I saw you like burst through three half worn players, like shoved on another way, just kicks one for fifteen and just looked. It looks so casual that it just upset me. I was like, if I did that, it would be the greatest goal of my career. And he just does it on a consistent basis with no care in the world. He glides if he does, just like he's like a gazelle. Whenever he just runs, he just shoves people off.
Speaker 2: I always thinking like he's got that pendlebris esque like where everyone's going flat out around him.
Speaker 1: And they're just, yeah, he slows the game. I do agree.
Speaker 2: But Giane Newcomb for the Hawks. He can chert because he gets thirty seven touches every game seven. He's just going to keep getting more and more. He's going to be Maybe we.
Speaker 1: Had like the thing for Plumber. Maybe we're like forty touches we make. There's some kind of name.
Speaker 2: For Saint Kilda verse North Melbourne. Now, obviously this game was marred by the Jimmy Webster incident, which we won't touching with all. We're not backing over that one. But Saints got the job done, so unfortunately that soured their successful preseason campaign. They won both games, top of the preseason ladder with the percentage I think they were around one hundred and eighty five percent. So they're doing well, and they're doing well because they've got a pretty potent forward line up there. They've got uh Cooper Sharman, Mitch Owen's, Tim Membry, Max King. They all got two goals, so that spreading them around. That's not one guy kicking seven and the rest they got their hat out asking for a free goal. But it was a funny bit of byplayer off the back of this game. Because Camza he's got his contract talk and.
Speaker 1: This this week.
Speaker 2: He pushed that back a little bit. But Cane Korn's you love he's sharp. He's sharp. And obviously when Horny Frank left Horn Francis, North Melbourne and went to Port Adelaide, so you know, he released the tote bag, he had a bit of you know, chirp, a bit of something to say about him leaving. So Cane Korns just pointed out that Kamzo can't go anywhere if he's gonna you know, kick up his stink when Horny Frank leaves, well, he can't be leaving a couple of years later, can he?
Speaker 1: True? That is? Is it interesting?
Speaker 2: It doesn't do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people don't forget. People don't forget Brandon. One of my favorite quotes from Super Bad. People don't forget.
Speaker 2: He's very switched on. He's one of the best heels in the game.
Speaker 1: Like it would imagine if you laughed, it would be hilarious.
Speaker 2: If Horny Frank doesn't start bringing out tote bags, Oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, I would love that more than anything. Just the response from Fred's.
Speaker 2: They're already he's got him in production, surely. But another good thing for the ruse Zach Fisher the fish. He went from Carlton over to the ruse thirty six touches, which is good to see, another little bit of excitement coming out of there. So yeah, that's good to see. Now let's jump into what everyone's been waiting for. We'll jump into Collingwood v. Richmond. The Markov Cup.
Speaker 1: Markov Cup. Don't we love that? Sponsored by? I want to say it was food Bank. Probably should know the sponsor, but we did. There was a pineapple on the trophy and there were so many questions around that. Yeah, well I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: Collingwood got the job done. Seventy six to forty six. Yeah, convincing winners. You know, that's a few handful of goals, so pretty good, you know, just you don't want to go too too big.
Speaker 1: Too like thirty points even, you know. And it was we had to get the last one over the line to get that thirty even, you know.
Speaker 2: So let's jump into the main talking point because it was you know, it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's pretty relaxed.
Speaker 2: Everyone chipped away kicked and I was like, well, what are we going to talk about in this game?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Pretty quiet?
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing. Pretty so I'll go on the pod this week. What am I going to have to talk about?
Speaker 2: It was they're lining up the sirens going game's over. But what the camera whip pans a bit of a frack car down on the goal line.
Speaker 1: Mason Cox loves a bit of attention, Mike, who's in there?
Speaker 2: There's a Bradon Maynard. Who are we looking for? He's not out there? What's going on? And then you get big Mason Cox. He's pushing everyone, He's ragged doing people. He's getting shoved in the face from like quite low down jumper up in there.
Speaker 1: Well, my stroke taken off at one point.
Speaker 2: That's going on there?
Speaker 1: Well, I essentially you know. Billy Frampton told me before he goes look, I don't have the legs to make it. I don't have the legs to make it to the line. I need a bit of a distraction. So I said, don't worry. I got you. I'll take on ten rich men players. I'll get the goal like completely clear and you can kick it from seventy.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, the context is Billy Frampton Sirron, we got is seventy out.
Speaker 1: He said. I did play forward in the last game in the Grand Final. I loved a bit of the you know, a bit of the offense and he's playing back in this game he got his opportunity to have a set shot for goal, said I want my what fuck credit?
Speaker 2: So what happened in this because I think it was? Was it Marlon Pickett was having a bit of a fight with Ash Johnson and then you got a cross and played big protector, big bruiser. It comes a big Mason Cocks in to just mediate this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well Ash Ash was he was setting blocks and stuff to maybe have someone kind of lead up at the ball and all that, and he's been doing that whole game, going really well. And that's like this unselfish that we love at the club, right, And it's something I as a big man, whenever you go down as a ruckman and someone's blocking your ruckman for you, it is such a good feeling because then you actually get a bit of space rather than having everyone jump on your head and you're essentially, you know, the spotlight everyone looking for just to try to bring the gold balld toground or take the mark. So you love that as a big man, and whenever you see someone go at him for doing that, you don't want him to be de incentivized to do that again. So I, in the other hand, love what Ash Johnson does, and unfortunately for Picket, he wasn't too happy with what Ash Johnson was doing got into him. I wanted to make sure that As Johnson does this in the future in the season, so I decided to go over to pick it and say, look, excuse me, excuse me, sir, do not hit my player. That's doing what I liked what he did is doing. And he just proceeded to grab my jumper. And as soon as you grab a jumper, Braden, it's fucking on, no, there's no getting around it. Right. As soon as a jumper is pulled and he comes and pulls your chest to chest, face to face, you have no other option but to return fire and grab his jumper. And that's whenever the whole thing kind of started. And it's the whole push shop push shop. And I'm kind of like, he's not as toll as me, so I'm kind of like pushing down and he's kind of pushing up, and then he kind of just like takes cause he's like pushing up, he kind of like takes my jumper and tries to pull it over my head. Yeah, and then from there you really don't know what you're swinging. App you just start pulling and push it everywhere. And I think that's whenever everyone else got involved. And then everyone's like the siren went. I didn't hear it. I didn't know the ball. I didn't know Billy Frampton even had the ball, to be honest, and you go on the scuffle and everything else. And this is the funny part about it, Ryan, and I tell this is a weird thing about AFL. As soon as the siren goes, everyone's mates and everyone shakes hands. So I'm in a full like shove match with people blah blah blah. And then as soon as I let go of jumpers shake hands, shake hand, shake hands. Great game. I hope you have a great week ahead. Good luck on the start of the season. Good stuff. Make great to see you again. How's the family been. It was the weirdest dynamic, but just such the most AFL thing you could possibly think of. And I walked back to the to the to the boys after the after the game, and Billy Frand comes up and he goes, oh, dude, thanks bro, appreciate that man that was sick, and I was like, what I do for you? And he was like, I kicked the goal and I was like, oh you did. Had no idea until about five minutes after the whole scuffle it was. So that's why I did it so we could talk about this on the podcast and that here we are.
Speaker 2: I appreciate You're welcome every time you do work. So if you could just punch not maybe not punch on every round, do something unique every round, but just get something.
Speaker 1: Going, just put someone off everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a fun way to you know, hype up the podcast. I always love it. But I do want to ask you how you how you feel coming out of that game. Now, first semi real game. You got some minutes in there, You play some pretty good foot. You took a few marks, goal miss too, but we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: No, it's good. It's good. Everyone went on scathe, which is important. So yeah, it was nice to kind of get a bit of game time around kind of the group that probably is gonna be playing Round zero. So to get those four quarters in office is a bit more, I feel like in it than the first game. We had a lot of our senior players out this one. We kind of had a full team plan, so yeah, it was it was good to go out there. We had some guys play that and played well. I want to shout out a guy named Charlie Dean. Oh, Chazz played so well, so excited me. He's had so many issues with feet and everything else, and it was just it was just freaking awesome seeing him out there and just killing it like it was so good. I know he's I can imagine putting myself in his scenario and his shoes of just how frustrating it must have been. And it was just so nice to see him out there doing this thing.
Speaker 2: It is cool because it's extra hard. You know, you've got injuries against you, but you're also in one of the top teams, so it's hard to break into that side. So any game that you can get out there with the boys must be pretty awesome. Let's jump into next week's preview Round zero. Let's forget this whole Round zero crap because we've harped on it long enough. We're getting out there, getting up to the New South Wales, we're getting up to the Queensland. We're growing the game. We're in New South Wales, seventh March SCG Sydney v Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Big game, great game. I can't wait for this. Max gone, Brody Grundy at it again. The two big boys just go after each other. You want to put them as number one on your super coach. We'll see who gets the most stats on that day. I can't wait. That is a ruckman's just like it is just an absolute feast for the Rocks, just going at it to the best out there and pretty stoke fellall match up.
Speaker 2: They definitely planned this, like they cherry picked the best storylines going into the season and said the.
Speaker 1: Biggest trades of the off season or any big trades. They always match those two clubs up every time.
Speaker 2: So cool. Obviously, Melbourne very disappointing in finals two years in a row. They got to come out prove themselves. Sydney probably played a bit unders to what everyone expected last year, so they're going to be wanting to, you know, start the season off with a win in don't we all Mace? But you know going up there. Oliver returns for Melbourne, playing after a pretty tumultuous off season. Interesting and yeah, we're just going to jump straight into it because I can't wait to see Brodie Grundy running around out there.
Speaker 1: Who do you have his more hitouts on the day, Brodie or Max?
Speaker 2: I still got to say Max, I still got to back.
Speaker 1: It would be pretty even knowing Brodie is like Brody more hitouts, Max more Marx, Brodie more disposals.
Speaker 2: I reckon. Just it's going to bring the best out of both for sure, and it's going to be wild.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: Can outperform midfielders for sure. Yeah, we're doing tips. I reckon, I reckon, I'll go Sydney up there.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go Melbourne. I think Melbourne will win, just because they've coughed a bit of flak over the whole finals campaign stuff, and they're pretty fierry about that one too, to prove themselves early.
Speaker 2: A lot of turbulence coming out of Melbourne. You always want to just get out there and play footy, so everyone gets all about it now, talk about forgetting about things. Brisbane are gonna want to forget that they lost the Grand Final last year. Just repeating Brisbane lost the Grand Final last year, but they're up at the Gabbada night.
Speaker 1: Back at the streak of undefeatedness at the Gabba.
Speaker 2: USh that they could have played the Grand Final at the gabatour, but they couldn't mcg where we know they're no good. But here we go Brisbane versus Carlton. Carlton on the back foot, injuries galore up there, can they go up and I guess start the season off because everyone's been saying, oh, their favorites for the flag. They've got to be favorites for the flag. If you don't think that their favorites, you haven't been watching footy.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: If they go up there and get pumped by Brisbane, I think that's what they're doing it for. They're setting Carlton up here for some failure. So if Carlton come out and with.
Speaker 1: This is the thing though, Carlton, whenever they played Brisbane in the prelim, we're up by a decent chunk at like halftime or quarter time, So it's not like an unfeasible thing for them to win up there. I don't think it is. Whatsoever. Do I think they're going to win though. I think Brisbane will win Gabba home ground. They're excited to get back in front of their fans. Obviously a bit of a point to prove with the last game they played in the Grand Final, and you know, want to get back into it. I think like after twenty eighteen where lost, the first thing we want to do is just get back to playing because we wanted to get back to the experience and try to get back there again. So I think them at the Gabba, you know, we talk about it being a fortress all the time, and it's I don't know how many games in a row they've won up there. It's double digits, I want to say. Yeah, So it's going to be a very tough ask for Carlton, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I'll say again, journalists have set Carleton up here. They go, Carlton have to be like favorites for the flag. So when they come out round one if they get pumped by Brisbane, boy, oh boy, they're on the back foot from round one. Easy headlines for them if they win. See I told you, I told you they should be favorites. It's one of those double Jeopardy win wins for the journals. They get to write off that they got it good either way. But yeah, I got Brisbane up there, and I don't know, I'll say quite convincingly. But even that, it's probably like five goals.
Speaker 1: Maybe next game, what do we got?
Speaker 2: We got Gold Coast v. Richmond Dimmer versus old team up on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 1: Nothing will make me happier than seeing Demmer show up in georts gene shorts for this game. That would make me just smile from ear to ear. I don't know how to do this, I don't know how to get this through to him, but please just show up in georts and runners, and I will just love this more than anything in the world.
Speaker 2: Like those boat shoes, yep.
Speaker 1: Just full. Just really lean into it, really lean into it. I mean, you got smashed by gwas last game, in a pre season game. I mean, you might as well just have a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: But I reckon they've matched him up, not only obviously the storyline dim A V's Old Club.
Speaker 1: There were a chance, my boys. I've told you this multiple times, my boys, the Gold Coast Signs are making finals this year.
Speaker 2: Brandon, see their Gold Coasts are another one. When you're picking finals, it's too competitive to squeeze him in there.
Speaker 1: I think what will happen is gold cost a bit of a rocky start to the year learning a new game plan. You might like to be close to winning a few games, but you won't be able to close them out. And then about like a third of the way through the year, they're going to hit their straps. They're going to win like six in a row. And then who knows what's going to happen in the last third.
Speaker 2: Cheap if that comes to fruition, we'll clip that up. And then let's head into the smallest match of the round. Just a little game up at Giant Stadium. GWS first Collingwood. They're hitting it at Saturday night, big game, Big Mason Cox, beef game, got the Dave Matthews band up there chirping away. They're saying, we hate Sydney, we hate Collingwood. I don't hear many people talking about GWS, but they've created their own rivalry up there.
Speaker 1: So hey, they're a good team. They've only beat them by a point in the prelim, so they're one of the teams that I think will be top four this year. It's going to be a tough game for us. Yeah, there has been a bit of commentary round it, doing me wrong all the Sydney kind of like board members and stuff have been really true this offseason, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: We're going to drum up some excitement.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't know, but yeah, it's gonna be a good game up there at the Showgrounds. And that's that's all I'm going to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you don't want to put any more petrol on the on the fire. But that's exactly what the tape coming through this podcast looking for little nuggets. It doesn't matter what I say, you're going to go up there and flog them. The Little Peasant Club, your twelve members is that they're not going to clip up what I say. That's all right, but yeah, it's going to be you guys match up incredibly well.
Speaker 1: Always a good game, always, always.
Speaker 2: Such a good game. And obviously I was on GWS all last year. Good club. And if they can do what they did in the second half of the year for an entire year, they'll finish on top. They'll win the flag. They're that bloody good. They've got star players all the way through the list. They just they know the game plan inside now to.
Speaker 1: Make an absolute bank as we learned.
Speaker 2: Last Yeah, there's so many millionaire in that team. But you know you got that Dave Matthews band, money rolling in the door, you getting those royalty checks, you're passing it straight on. But it's going to be that's game of the round? Is it game of the round? We'll say, a non biased game of the round? Collingwoods and I'm guessing we're both Tip and Collingwood. Reluctantly, I reckon, I probably if I was didn't have Mason holding the gun to my head out of frame, I'll probably say GWS wins that one.
Speaker 1: But an American holding a gun to someone's ease.
Speaker 2: Well, see how we go? All right, We've got an interesting segment coming up because I want to dive straight into this one.
Speaker 1: Mace it says, new segment. A bit confused. I'm a bit nervous at the same time, Bradon, what is it?
Speaker 2: Mace? Let me break it down for you, because I've come up with a good concept. Because, as you remember BT Grand Final twenty sixteen, we've got tom BOYD kicks the goal and he adds just a little bit of flavor on there. He drops the magic.
Speaker 1: Bellavor is what you mean?
Speaker 2: He drops the word right in the middle and obviously makes that highlight iconic lives forever the best, So let's jump into it. My concept is what commentary would sound better if you're added swearing to it? Oh geez, so I think of back all the old moments that has happened in history. We're taking the existing commentary. Yeah, and we're just adding a little magic hill a little bit. I'll make sure to bleep it, okay, because if I don't family show, we might be done. Yep, okay, So let's be for an example. I don't know if you can pick up what I'm putting down, So you do the commentary and I'll set it up. So this is let me take you back. He's sure comes from behind with the smother Schneider long kick in Schneider.
Speaker 1: Will he give it to re? What he will? What runs it?
Speaker 3: Touched off the boat? Oh my good goodness, wonderful chase By. He came up behind him like a librarian. He never get even heard of coming.
Speaker 2: Didn't expect it.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect you to expect the The whole purpose of this segment is it not to say as much as you can because you're gonna bleep this out. He was good, did make it better? He was pretty good?
Speaker 2: Make it better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, I'll test you out on number two.
Speaker 2: On this one, because I reckon you remember this.
Speaker 1: This is a good one. I forget who we're playing. It might have been Richmond, actually I think it was Richmond. Darcy Moore gets it on the angle at the corner of the fifty arc in the boundary and he kicks it in to the beg.
Speaker 2: Sets it up. One mark hasn't happened. Still a chance? Is it a girl? It is Pizar in front? Was it Grundy? It was Grundy the vie.
Speaker 1: I get the vibe. I understand that would go that one. What's next on this thing?
Speaker 2: The classic beach man.
Speaker 1: I feel like we just just we should just do Brian Taylor over and over again.
Speaker 2: Let me just jump straight into this one. Big pack forms pew up below. He went up with a full force of his body and now roughhead that was out of bounds, that was out of bounds, that was s king out of bounds.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. Not gonna lie. Oh jeez, I'm lover with this segment. I'm dying, all right. What's the last one we got here?
Speaker 2: Nick Davis? Just before the siren Mace.
Speaker 3: Siren could go at any second, Swans need a goal Nick Davis next, good Davis.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: I see it, find out believe it. That's you've nailed that one. I like the after the fact where he goes with the capital C. How watch the listeners to the pod sent in those moments, So I don't know. I don't know if that's a reoccurring segment. We'll see how it goes. It definitely got us up and going. Did it make the moments better? That's what we want to get to the bottom of.
Speaker 1: Mates. Are we going to be broadcasters in the future. I think we can convincingly say no, we love fan question love them. We talked about the community all time this podcast. We love people actually, you know, giving us feedback and answering the questions on social.
Speaker 2: Media, caring enough to put it out there, like Rachel cares when she asks, is there communicated like a level of aggression? How hard you go in training? Does fly say let's go ten out of ten or as you go, let's go four out of ten?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're always ten out of ten. But I think there's like certain things you don't do. You don't sling tackle people, you don't try to hit people high. There's a level, Yeah, I guess there is a level of aggression that you understand, Like as ruckman, you're probably not going to, like, you know, really beat the living hell out of each other and try to like, you know, do someone's spleen, let's say hypothetically. Yeah, so there is a communicator level of training. But you have to know when it's too much, when's not like going and sticking, like going full speed jumping into the back of someone's head, like not on right, are you back out of contest or someone's going back to the flight, Like there's certain things you look after your teammates with that in a game obviously would probably be a different situation playing against opposition, But Rachel, yes, there is, but probably not as much as you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably wouldn't leave the ground bump head high as someone that's just kicked the footy. Who who will kick the first goal for the Pies against GWS. That's from Dan Walker.
Speaker 1: I really want Lucky Schultz to do it, And then I really want his what is celebration to just be the double pistols because we call him Shooter, right, we call him Shooter, And I feel like this the umpire double pistols is just so on brand for him his nickname. It would make me happy the boys would get around the first goal and the official game. It would be a great start to.
Speaker 2: The Shootter McGavin and Happy Gilmore. Oh I don't I don't like the you beat your chest with the jumper after one game?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably not to go to to go to who's the least popular, most dislike player in the AFL. I'll give the caveat not you. You can't say yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that was the first thing. There's a lot of I mean, there's there's tons this guy not personally. I actually don't have anything against any players.
Speaker 2: What do you think the fans?
Speaker 1: The fans, Yeah, I think the most like hated on social media and stuff and cough, the most criticism. Toby Green used to be, but he's actually come a bit like I think since he was captain of the Australian team last year people started to respect him a bit more.
Speaker 2: Flipped it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's flipped it.
Speaker 2: A bit now. I want to see him karate kick people. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm probably not best another person Stephen May he was for some reason. He's always hated miss I think, yeah, he's a bloke from dormand Francis obviously, the whole situation around Icepass and North Belbourne, Zorco Brisbane. I think every opposition probably he's a bit of a you know, a little bit of an extra extra spice to his game.
Speaker 2: You could say he falls into that category blocks you hate unless they play for your team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed. And speaking of that Guinea Guineas another one. I think that probably I love him still, but I think fans probably are infuriated with the high tackling situation.
Speaker 2: You know what I hate when he always ducks, always looking for free kicks.
Speaker 1: Mate, you've changed, You've changed very quickly. You've changed.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into the next one. If you had a cookoff with Christian pe Trucker, why would you cook?
Speaker 1: Jeez, we've talked about my banana bread being dope, don't get me wrong. And I did buy an air fryer the other day. I don't know if he's had a little segment of air frying, but I'm getting into the cooking a bit. Probably mysa salmon with just keep it simple, bit of like you know, coconut rice and veg I would love to do this. Actually, I don't know how we make this happen. If you tag and make this into a clip and say, like, tag Christian Petroca in this to say like either come on the pod or let's do a cooking competition like Hell's Kitchen style or Master Chef style. I'm not sure what's popular nowadays, but we Oh, Matt Preston will judge it me versus Christian Petraca in a full cooking competition. Let's make this thing happen. We've got the hook up.
Speaker 2: We need something writing on it. We need maybe you put it out to the fans. What's on the line in a cookoff between Mason Cocks and Christian Petruca by Matt Preston. What's on the line?
Speaker 1: It's a good question, but of dignity it's probably the biggest thing. Oh, I don't know what. What can I give him as like a I don't think he'd want anything of mine. Maybe maybe like if he goes to America in the off season, like whoever wins, sorry, whoever loses has to take them to a professional sporting event. Yeah, how about that? I think that'd be nice?
Speaker 2: Ickon, we will put it out there and.
Speaker 1: It has to be like nice floor tickets.
Speaker 2: Can't be the local field hockey.
Speaker 1: Maybe the cricket league over there.
Speaker 2: Nothing against local field hockey. Don't don't come for me. I know they're rabbit's.
Speaker 1: Between your comments about Tasmania and that it's not a good look for you.
Speaker 2: Next, how do you feel about fans coming up to you in public? I've been there for this happens often.
Speaker 1: You you have been there for this, have the patience. I don't like, I don't mind it, but I just always kind of find it weird because I'd see myself as a normal person. So whenever people kind of like know a bit about my life and professional life is just like a very interesting experience. Yeah, I don't know, it's it's it's an odd thing. I know, I stick out like a sore thumb. I get it. People do come up to me, you take photos and all that kind of stuff. But the weird thing I find a lot right is people don't always have like the confidence to say hi to you until they've passed you. Yeah, so you'll walk past someone, I think in their brain the gears a grinding of tall person basketball no afl yes sounds American Mason Cox, and by the time they get to that deduction of deductive reasoning or whatever, they kind of shit themselves and then they turn around and go and then you're like, kind of too late. You're a bit past the situation. So it's a bit of an awkward one. I'm not gonna lie. And I don't understand why people just scream your last name but don't really want to talk to you. Yeah, I don't get that.
Speaker 2: I like how people just take a photo of you when they're like, can I get a photo? And you're assuming with that, and they's.
Speaker 1: Like, what do I do with my hands? Real? What are you going to do with Taladega night Style? What do I do with my heads?
Speaker 2: They're the ones that weird me out too, Big Red did fuck you? We've got a final one here, and this is great. I paid seven hundred dollars for Pies forty six number plate. Oh geez, is that number one fan material that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I would say seven hundred dollars for Pies forty six, that's that's phenomenal. I don't know what the running rate is for the license plates nowadays, but seven hundred dollars it's a fair.
Speaker 2: Whack very brave now knowing your car is probably gonna get keyed.
Speaker 1: It's better than my cargetting pissed on last year like it did. Anyway, that is it. But I want to don't want to start this segment the very end bright, and I want to kind of wrap everything up with a bit of a final thought. So this doesn't have to be football related. Yeah, this is just life like. Is there anything that you want to kind of shout out? Is there anything that's going on? I've got one, But I do want.
Speaker 2: To make it footy related, just for this first one. It's just a plea that I'm putting out there. No head high bumps this week, fellas. Let's just rain it in round zero first time ever. Let's just keep it clean. Big games, that's enough to be exciting. Let's not give them anything to write off about. Let's not be paying any fines. We just want to go out there, play some good football and come away with the four points. So just keep it clean, keep it clean to start the season. That's my pitch. That's my appeal to the place out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'll go with mine. If my glasses are goggles, as you say, get ripped off again? Can we just give the fine to Guide Dogs Victoria. I've just become an ambassador. I think that's a nice thing to do AFL. I don't know where the money goes at the moment, because there's some fun that probably pays someone at the AFL. But if we could just give that money to someone, that'd be a nice little jest.
Speaker 2: And we'll get a ticker on the broadcast every time they get ripped off your head it goes a number up one, two, three? Does it?
Speaker 1: Two grand a pop pop? That's pretty keys. Anyway, that's it for the podcast. We're gonna hind on that one. Thanks everyone for listening as always, cheers for being part of the community like share, comment, alo jazz on the social media and YouTube and whatnot, and just massive thank you for being absolute legends. But that is it from us. So having a great day, great week ahead of you, and we'll see you after round zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah,