Speaker 1: High Heart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app a good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn Brady or what our windows down? My world risen the dust only good fab dogle down. I've don't much, but yeah I'm not our big get and what I want it don't matter where that goes. This is the pickup. Happy Friday, Everybody, Friday afternoon, It's the pickup with Britt Hopily and Laura Burn and I know the show's just starting, mate, but it must go on. But we do need to get out of here on time today because someone not naming names me has their hens party. Whoo, we have someou Sorry that that was the saddest woo that we could possibly do. Its gonna be d It's going to be a great, big weekend this weekend because we are celebrating the very last few weeks or times or I don't even know if I can say exactly how long we are celebrating the last six weeks. I think I'm I'm embargoed, so where Yeah, Brittany is going to be single, but not for much longer. Everyone. I feel a little bit apprehensive hows. I'm not a party animal. I hate doing shots, and I'm really worried that, like someone's gonna make me do a shot. Like that makes me sound so sad, But I'm not a shot. But I don't know who you're friends with outside of the friends that I already know, because all the people that I know that are going, no one's going to make you do a shot. I'm also pregnant, so I'm not gonna be drinking like yeah, you're I mean, apart from the really buff stripper that we have planned for you, no you don't. Yeah, absolutely our cards stripper that we have planned. There's no shots. I don't exactly know what's happening. Like, there are quite a lot of people going, and it has been organized by a bunch of my friends and my sister. But for me, when I think of like the perfect hens, this makes me sound so sad. Day lunch, So that was mine, that was my hands. A couple of drinks, but like tapping out, Maybe go to a spa, maybe get we're not doing that. We get a massage, has some relax a couple of drinks in the afternoon, but then like we are back home, we are chilling at like nine thirty. This is the problem when you get married when you're in your late thirties, because this was this was the problem for me when I got married after having two kids. We had a day lunch. We went on a rave bus at two o'clock in the afternoon for an hour and a half. We were home by six and we were drinking tea by nine and everyone was in bed. I know we sound lame. I get that, we are well aware, but it was really fun. Everyone don't kno, get to try it. It was fun, but no, I think it's going to be great. I can't wait to see everyone. And of course I am going to have a little party and a little boogie. But yeah, let's let's just pray for me to see what happens. Only yeah, Monday. Now there is a video a TikTok actually that I came across and britt My mouth was on the floor. I stopped in my tracks. I wish I could play you the audio, but actually it was just a really annoying music video that had like text overlay. So there's not much to play. Okay, not great from like a radio perspective, but hear me out and I'll talk you through it. Use your words. The girl in it is screaming as well, So really visualize that when my boyfriend proposed to me at my sister's wedding, Oh, shut up, while she was walking down the aisle. No way, that's fake. It's not. No one would do that. And no, he didn't ask her first. It goes on to say I said yes because we have been dating for eight years and I knew if I said no, he wouldn't ask me again. Oh, this is BS. Do you know what? I read this? And like, I don't actually think it's BS, because I went through the rest of her TikTok and she did get married to this guy, So like I would, I would dare say that if you are married and in a relationship, it's kind of weird to make up fake content about your proposals about your boyfriend who is now your husband. He your new husband, does not like your sister. No one does that. I think that, Why else would you do it. She's halfway down the aisle. It's not at the wedding, it's not at the reception, it's not the pre drinks like she's on the aisle. Yeah, it's really like taking someone else's thunder. Also, if it's your sister, why aren't you walking down with her? Whyn't right day? Yeah? Maybe they will hate each other. Makes sense that there's family beef going on here for sure. No. I read this and I was like, Wow, it's very narcissistic because you've just taken that one person's special day and you've made it about yourself and what it is that you want. But also if you think about it and you can like cut out the special day part and the narcissism and everything else, it is kind of genius. It's so romantic. Someone else has paid for it. You didn't have to do anything. All the people you love are there? Sorry, what part of that is romantic? Stingy? I agree? I agree. I'm just trying to see it from trying to play devil's advocate, and there's no advocate here. There's only a devil zero advocacy for this man like that. I'm sorry, I reckon. I'd be like, evacuate my wedding, get out of my wedding. I would be off it, oh massively. I totally agree. Can I read you some of the comments that were underneath this girl? I hope she announces her pregnancy at your wedding. Other people like, are you serious? I feel so bad for your sister. Another person wrote, girl, if he wouldn't ask again because you said no at your sister's special day, then are you still with him? Which I think is a perfect response. I'm thinking the same thing too. If you've been moving for eight years and you're like, oh, I was just worried you'd never ask me again, then like you read the wrong person. Actually, I'm telling you with the wrong person. Anyway, he just proposed you as your sister was walking down the aisle. I agree. And this is the last one, which I thought was bang on. Eight years of a relationship and the only option to get married that he gives you is to ruin your sister's wedding. This man either hates you, your family, or the idea of marrying you, or a mix of all of these three. I think that they maybe got to bang on. Thank God, my sister's already married. That's what would you do? What would you do if someone propose at your wedding?
Speaker 2: If they want to propose at my wedding, but in private at the reception, It's beautiful it's overlooking an ocean or whatever, and it's their little moment because they got so overtaken by love, then fine. But if you were doing it like smack like if you can picture that, imagine me in six weeks walking down the aisle and then someone walks out in front of me and gets on a knee and proposes.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? I don't know if they proposed on the aisle or whether it would have just been like saying it to the person next to you. Do you know what I mean? But the thing is is, even if you say, look, if they want to do it in private at my wedding, I don't care. I still think most people would care because then it means they can't tell anyone. Don't you dare speak about the fact that you just got engaged when the day is not about you, like, because by doing that, it'll spread like wildfire through the wedding. Everyone will know, and then the day becomes about something else, and that I think is unfair. I do know somebody that got engaged at a wedding. It was at the wedding, but private, overwhelmed with love, that was the time, but it wasn't stealing anything though, but it was the location. Ah, I'm not sure about it, guys, I think we all have feelings anyway. Anyway, I want to talk to you about a new sport that I have discovered online. And we're calling this segment down the rabbit Hole. It's where you like, find something super niche online and you just end up down the rabbit hole. You need to know everything about it. I have done that. Then the algorithm spits it out and you just can't stop. It's like you see one once you thought it was a little bit interesting, and all of a sudden, it's eleven o'clock at night. You've been there for forty five minutes. Now I feel terrible because it makes me laugh a ludicrous amount, Like I shouldn't be laughing this much. It's actually quite impressive. Have you heard of hobby horsing? Yeah, you don't even have to ask me, because you know I've been down that right while with you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, if you guys are in the car listening now, you don't know what hobby horsing is. It's a sport that generally speaking, adults aren't doing like it seems to be teenagers and younger, and it is horse jumping and horse parading a horse.
Speaker 1: Show without the horse, but there's no horse.
Speaker 2: So it's in fact like think of when you're a kid and you get those broomstick horses, Like where there's a broomstick there's got the horse head on it and had a rain and you would walk it around. Well, what they're doing is they're getting their horse and it's a competition where there's proper horse jumping. You have to parade it around, jump through all the what I don't know what they're call but you know where horse jumping has the two poles and the different heights.
Speaker 1: It's got to take Jim Canna. I've never horse, so I don't know, but I think that the jumps are just called jumps, but I might be wrong. I'm also not a harsey person, so I don't know. So you sort of need to see this to believe it. But it's taken like a weird turn. Okay, I don't even know how to say it, and I feel guilty. It's not just show jumping.
Speaker 2: They start to treat their horse like it's a real horse. They have like places for it to live, They have saddles that they clean, and they like brush its hair, and they take it to the beach and they film themselves, like letting it run free on the beach.
Speaker 1: They like film the moment that they take it off. I don't get it. I just don't get it. I want to also, I want to. I've also seen a lot of this, and what I've taken from this is that the people who take hobby horsing very seriously on social media and I'm almost scared to talk about it for fear of falling into their wrath, are people who also really want a horse. So they really desperately want a horse. Horses are expensive, they're high maintenance, like you've got to have all of the stuff right to have a horse. A lot of people can't do it, and so it's like the next best option. So these people who are doing the competitions, like they're young girls or young boys and they're running around jumping over the jumps themselves with their stick horse and the same as it's like exactly the same as dressage. If you went to watch dressage at the Olympics, you'd think you're watching that, but there's no horse. But there is an aspect where I'm like, you guys are actually really incredible athletes. Like they run as fast as they can on their horse. They jump as high as they can. It's like they're doing high jump. What is the highest jump We've got their grace on record for hobby horse. Here the highest recorded hobby horse jump. Yeah, one point four one meters.
Speaker 2: That's a big jump on two feet to run with a stick between your legs and jump one point four meters, Like, if you google it, it is impressive, But it's just hard to look past the fake horse for me. Like, I'm impressed by them, and I love their dedication. They train in their backyards, they have proper like dressage training, and I think you're wrong.
Speaker 1: You said it's only for teenagers and young girls. Here's one for you and Emma.
Speaker 3: I begun hobbyhole saying when I was thirteen I'm now forty seven. For friendships are strong. Just always surrounded by women. Obviously, this is my main horse. My really, as I say in america' my ride I die.
Speaker 1: This is grandmother.
Speaker 3: My name chapter my grandmother. It is a real competitive sport, like any other sport. They are bawling rollerblating football. Some people try to understand. I try to explain to the Americans. I am Themichael Jordan of Finland as far as competitive horbyhossing, Michael Jordan, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna put that video up on the pickup because you do need to see it. You need to see it to understand. I feel like we're not making fun of me. I don't know, we're not. It is a sport. It's people's lives. I love it. I encourage it. They are outdoors, they're athletic. I love it for them. I don't understand that it's impressive. It's competitive, and I'm not going to take anything away from that. However, I do have a question. At what point did it turn from just a group of people who really wanted a horse, couldn't have one, so then they got a bit fixated with their stick horse. Why does that turned into a sport? Why aren't there people walking their toy dogs on a leash walking down the street. That's the way anything turns into a sport, Like I understand that, literally, Like, what's that sport where it's in the Olympics and you have to run and scrub the ice so that the puck curl and curling? Like we're sorry, who thought that that was a good idea, Like, it's just the way people have a pastime things popularity it becomes a sport. Do you think people get into these niche sports because they find a way to be really good at it because there's only like three people in the country that play it. What's the niche of sport you ever tried? Ah, I got a niche sports person water polo. It wasn't me. I tried to do some most random stuff. I wanted to be a fencer, so I started fencing. I wanted then I wanted to do clay shooting, but we are allowed to have guns, Like that was the whole thing I wanted to do, Like all the random left field sports. Do you know what I'm getting from this? Which is grass? I'm getting from this that like, because Brits made it very clear she doesn't want to tease the hobby horses, she spent a lot of time. I'm on this. What would you do if I bought you one? I reckon watch this space ten years. Hobby horsing will be at the Olympics twenty years maybe. Wow. All right, Britt, I know we've just gone from hobby horsing to cats being stolen, but it's been a real journey this show. Let me tell you, Yeah, what's happened to you? No, my cat hasn't been stolen. I have a cat named Raspberry. As much to my husband's dismay, because I'm sure he'd love the cat to be stolen. He's not a fan. The cat still lives with us. But it did get me thinking because there is a woman who is in Zurich and she's currently in courts at the moment for feeding her neighbour's cat. Now hear me out. She's sixty eight years old. She intentionally installed a cat flap on her door so that Leo, the neighbor's cat could just pop over any time that the cat liked. Well, what's wrong with this story? This sounds wholesome. Well, the people who are the rightful owners of the cat put in a complaint asked this lovely old lady to stop feeding the cat. She refused. She kept feeding the cat. The problem is, ten months later, Leo the cat no longer wants to go home. It wants to live with the feeder smile, And so they've taken her to court and it's currently going through the court systems and it's called systematically feeding a cat that is not yours, so that cannot be a law that is not real. So it's a criminal offense in Switzerland. I don't know whether it's a criminal offense in Australia. But let me tell you, I have a lovely neighbor. She's so so sweet. She lives on her own and we have a cat, and our cat sometimes during the day just disappears for long periods of time. I know she only kind of goes in our yard or the neighbor's yard, like she's not a wandering cat, because she's quite timid and scared of literally everything. But some days gone, disappeared, vanished, and I'm pretty certain she's inside my neighbor's house because my kids were talking to my neighbor the other day and she was talking about how much she loves having the cat over, and You're like, when do you have the cat? I was like, what do you mean? The cat doesn't come over anyway. Molly came inside and she was like, Mom, I reckon, Raspberry's been living at Ronda's house. Do you reckon? She mope, okay, worst case, I don't mind. I think we'rend would treat it well. I think not. I think she probably has a good life there. Maybe Franzbury should move in with Rhonda. No, I love my cat. I don't want her to move in, but I also want her to know that there's many forms of love and she can get it from the neighbor as well. She want to know, Okay, hang on. I had a border Collie called Mia, love of my life. I was about twenty three years old, and she was getting fatter and fatter, and she was only about four years old, and you knew it wasn't coming from her. I knew what I was feeding her, and I would leave her in the day in the morning, come home in the afternoon. She was there to greet me. And I was like, this is a real problem, and I know there are some diseases that she could have that made to put on weight.
Speaker 2: So I took her to the vet, had the vet check her out, and the vet was like, she's not coming back with anything, but they were like, you need to stop feeding her. I was like, I'm barely feeding her, like she's on the strictest diet to lose weight, and she was getting bigger and bigger.
Speaker 1: We ended up having to install cameras. What she was doing my border Collie, which she would jump up onto the bins outside, jump over the fence, a big fence to the ground outside, walk down into the street to the retirement village, spend the day at the retirement village. The hold a whole roast chickens.
Speaker 2: Every single retirement village person Newa would feed her and I ended up figuring it out.
Speaker 1: They were like, oh, she's been coming every day for a year. Then she would bring herself home, sneak back in the back like nothing ever happened. That's really sad though, because then if you stop her from going, all of those old people who love seeing their dog, their dog who visited them every day, they're one piece of joy that it brings them. I said she could still come. She used to visit, but I said, you guys can't feed her anymore. They yeah, they stopped feeding up, but Mia still went down to visit.
Speaker 2: She made their day. But I was like, you can't give a roast chickens. They were giving a whole chicken.
Speaker 1: I also think in this instance, like if you've got an issue with your cat going to the neighbor's house, keep a cat inside, Like the plan is simple I know that. Like, I don't understand how this couple and this cat and this old woman ended up in court in Zurich. I'm like, surely, if the issue is is that your cat is leaving your apartment and going in the cat flap door that your neighbor installed, just don't let it out Like that makes no sense to me. I'm not against it. I think it's fine, but I'm sure that there are other people who have had far worse versions of this. I just think my cat is happily being co parented at the moment, and she's living a great life. Let her live her best life with Ruth. Ruth, all right, guys, Look that is it from us,