Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms. It's Lex and Frums. We are coming to you live on bath Day where we do our whole show in baths, and we are with one of Australia's most iconic artists. He is a Grammy winner. He's won twelve arias. I believe I read that correctly on Wikipedia Flex. Can we guess who it is?
Speaker 2: I got my guesses. I don't know. I'm stumped. I don't know who could it be? Well?
Speaker 1: He also has a name starting with f okay and ending in Me's if you want to put the S on the end rooms like Frooms, it's the one, the only Flume.
Speaker 3: Hello Flum Hello.
Speaker 2: Well, I think he's a big We do our best work together.
Speaker 1: Now this is one of the most exciting days for us personally, but it's a big day for you as well. It's the release of your third studio album, Palaces. Congratulations. Now what does palaces mean?
Speaker 4: I'm here in my house, my palace. This is where I wrote most of the record. It's been really nice moving back to Australia. Been in LA for four years and coming back it was just really felt really easy to write.
Speaker 3: Things come together here.
Speaker 1: Palaces and where are you living.
Speaker 2: Are you in bar and Bay? Just drop the address?
Speaker 3: Please, Oh my god, pay percy Per.
Speaker 2: We can definitely be protective.
Speaker 3: Come here.
Speaker 2: It is not subtle, but that is okay.
Speaker 3: Business man is important business.
Speaker 2: We should do our best. Barks. Yeah, okay you ready? Yep?
Speaker 5: Do you want to pick your favorite of those two barks?
Speaker 3: I'm going to go with you think you had you had the stronger bark. Yeah, I'll take Yeah.
Speaker 2: What you don't know.
Speaker 5: About that, you can say weak, underdeveloped. Imating.
Speaker 1: Now the most exciting song on the album, in my opinion, one that I listened to just before I came here, is called Only Fans. Oh yeah, you got to go listen to Only Fans now. It is a song I'm assuming it's about only fans.
Speaker 3: It's about only fans, and in it.
Speaker 1: Is somebody's voice kind of like starting off the track. Whose voice is that?
Speaker 4: Her name is virgin Maria, And my friend showed me her Instagram. Basically, I had this this idea and I was like, I'm not sure what to do, whether to keep it instrumental or kind of get a vocal on it. And my friend showed me Virgin Maria's Instagram and she's insane and mental, and I thought, you know what, this could be perfect, So I hit her up on Instagram and we connected.
Speaker 3: And kind of went back and forth, and then she came out with this lyric it's only fans idea and kind of took it from there. But yeah, really happy with how it turned out.
Speaker 5: Can I get a clarification on what insane and mental means in the context of this person?
Speaker 2: I'm curious in.
Speaker 3: Like the best possible way, I think.
Speaker 4: Really, Yeah, it's like a really She's does a lot of photoshopping of herself and whole dancing stuff, and she's got you know, she's in bikinis with huge titties out, and but in like a fine.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm sensing a link.
Speaker 3: I think a terrible job of describing it. But if you go and check out check it out, you'll see what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: How would you say the Pulses different to your first album.
Speaker 3: Flum, I think it's like a lot more thought out.
Speaker 4: The first record was just kind of little bits and pieces I was doing around the world, didn't really think too much about it.
Speaker 3: Was this one. I wanted to do a lot more songwriting. Yeah, just kind of figure out a better balance of instrumentals and songs and things.
Speaker 2: Can you hear this blood? Yeah? I can hear that. Yeah? Can you hear that? Rubber russells?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: What can't?
Speaker 5: It would make a great sample. But if you do want to use that, I am asking for fifty percent.
Speaker 3: So do you stay in the bath all days? It's just this bath day?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know you feel, but it's completely genuine. It's the most comfortable way that we've discovered to do this interview in the bath with warm water and SuDS. It feels that we've been transformed into I would say, a heavenly environment.
Speaker 1: Well, in my opinion, my ass is really starting to hurt alreadily cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't have much padding on my bum Yeah, so just y bone on the floor, yeah, bone on bone.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So when are you going to be touring in Australia? Do we have dates?
Speaker 2: This is a big one. Did you forget about it? Of the year?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, no, No, we're touring I think November?
Speaker 2: Yeah, November right, little Q four, Little Q four Okay.
Speaker 3: I saw a Q four tour because.
Speaker 1: Even me performing at Spilt Milk, is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you or do you not want FRUMI and I as your plus.
Speaker 3: Two's I would love that.
Speaker 2: By your plus twos, or you'd love us to be your plus two?
Speaker 3: Is just in love you to be there? Who's I'd love you to be there? Who if you want to bring the bars?
Speaker 2: Okay, great?
Speaker 5: So I just if we can cut that up, everyone and production just want to cut that up into one fifteen second little little real Slum did say verbatim, I would absolutely love flex and Room to be my plus twos at Spilt Milk. If that doesn't happen, I'm not afraid to call a lawyer.
Speaker 2: I'm not afraid to sue. I've never done it before. Today will be the day. I'm ready.
Speaker 5: We are currently sitting in pink inslatable premium bath tubs, complete with bath bombs bath bubbles, and we're speaking to Flume, which I think, if you think about that in like a critical sense, Flume is the ultimate culmination of Flex and Froom So often I mispronounced that, actually that I just say floom, and so it only makes sense that we come together three halves of one hole.
Speaker 1: Now, what we're going to do now is do a bit of a portrait moment where we're gonna draw Flume. Flumes is going to draw both of us in the baths, and then hopefully we can get it mailed to us and sell it for far more money than it's worth.
Speaker 2: How much you think we can get for a one of one portrait that.
Speaker 1: Forums done of ours?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh at least ok one k at least one ca Sorry, I'm underst I think we could.
Speaker 2: Get I think we can get fired.
Speaker 5: You spray a little bit of cologne in it, a little bit of something at there we go, there we go, and even just don't wash your hair for about three to six weeks because the grease here is about it.
Speaker 2: I say, in terms of upselling that.
Speaker 4: Premium grease, it's going to be a premium product. You can't just be the drawing. What else do you want?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: What else can you give us?
Speaker 3: If I had a bath that include the bath water?
Speaker 2: Okay, there's still I'll take shower water, you know what I mean. I'll take a little off.
Speaker 5: The floor, Tina, Yes, yes, yes, okay, let's start our drawing.
Speaker 1: Have you got your pen and paper?
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I do, I do right here?
Speaker 2: I look Oh yes, okay, all right, let's begin.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you the most important question. Are you more of a bath or shower person? I know that your house doesn't currently have a shower, but if you had to pick one for the rest of your life, which one are you doing?
Speaker 3: I guess I'm a shower person, just easy by nature, By nature.
Speaker 4: There's nothing, there's nothing quite like a nice, warm, hot bath, you know, nothing.
Speaker 3: To wash the day away. Maybe we can sell the drawings as a package deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, a little bundle.
Speaker 3: We could get a little bundle.
Speaker 4: We get the bath water from both those bars.
Speaker 2: This is this is quite you know.
Speaker 5: I like that what you just revealed there is by adding in portraits of both through me and I in addition to portra's of you, we're going to up the tell you you've just admitted in so many words that we are valuable people.
Speaker 2: And that's really thoughtful and kind.
Speaker 3: I like that a lot, absolutely huge.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite facial feature?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a good one.
Speaker 3: Good nose into the drawing?
Speaker 5: Where has the nose taken you? Where has it taken you that you would not have.
Speaker 2: Gone this question? I feel like now I'm just drawing myself. I don't know what happened. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's gonna like this noiseworks.
Speaker 5: Can I ask you a very simple yet very serious question, Yeah, do you believe in aliens?
Speaker 2: I do amazing interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean, surely, surely there's going to be something out there.
Speaker 5: It's good to know we have a fellow tin foiler lonely out here sometimes.
Speaker 3: As I would say, yes, tell me your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Okay, to be sorry, you as sorry you are.
Speaker 5: The most glaring evidence that aliens are real is the fact that the average human cannot properly articulate what it feels like to be human. I asked Frooms the other day, what does it feel like to be human? She says, to be human is inherently contradictory.
Speaker 1: Wrong, Did I say he did?
Speaker 5: That's just proving to me that we don't actually know, because too many of us aren't actually human. I don't think we're doing the green green head guys with the big eyes. I just think that that we are the alien.
Speaker 4: Maybe the aliens living here with us. We just can't see them, you know, or detect them. You know, maybe they're not a carbon based platform.
Speaker 2: Do you think that you're an alien. I mean could be that's what an alien would.
Speaker 1: Say every time you ask that question. Regardless, that's what.
Speaker 2: It's a set up. It always is a setup.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now I'm going to work on your roots, Harlee. Now do you do you hair? Do you do it yourself?
Speaker 3: I don't really do too much, You're not I used to.
Speaker 4: I actually have started doing like shampoo and conditioner, something.
Speaker 3: I didn't used to do. But you know, when you've got blonde hair, you got to step.
Speaker 2: It upon me.
Speaker 5: Can I learn a bit more about your maintenance routine?
Speaker 2: Like do you moisturize? You a lit barner?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Lit barner?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I mean I kind of just maybe every now and then do a shampoo and conditioner.
Speaker 3: And I've got I've got a couple of extra products in the bathroom these days. The blonde hair, you know, you gotta you got to look after it.
Speaker 2: Anyone you let me eat glasses of water a day?
Speaker 3: Or oh no, I just sucked up your eyes. I just fu your eye up?
Speaker 2: Is that on purpose?
Speaker 3: I don't know this talking talking and interviewing. It just things happen.
Speaker 2: I forgive you. That's okay.
Speaker 1: It's going to be happy with that.
Speaker 2: That looks like someone and I just feel like, is.
Speaker 1: That Chad Michael Murray?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Continue? Can I ask an intrusive question?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: What's the last meal you ate?
Speaker 3: I just had some sushi? What kind for a little surf and then got some gas station sushi?
Speaker 2: Can I guess?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was actually kind of dark. It wasn't good. I was in a rush. I was like, oh, I need to get back to the interview and what.
Speaker 1: You can chariarchy?
Speaker 2: No? Oh yeah, not much.
Speaker 3: It was like an ever, okay, station can go wrong, I can go wrong.
Speaker 2: And what's the last meal you cooked for yourself?
Speaker 3: I did a car last night. Whoa little this, a little bit of that, A little bit of rice, got the rice cooker going. It's delicious.
Speaker 2: I see you're not giving away the secret recipe. And I went asked twice.
Speaker 1: We're looking for an exclusive Netflix. Can you show me where your drawings at.
Speaker 2: It's at a really good spot.
Speaker 5: But I'm adding flare at the moment, I'm thinking I might even go in and add a bit of background.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give you thirty more seconds. I don't need it because I'm done. I'm giving you ten more seconds.
Speaker 5: Everybody, Well, I'd like to add in a bit, a bit of light and shade, a bit of depth.
Speaker 2: You can do what can you speak?
Speaker 3: Three? Quite true?
Speaker 4: Said set the auto novo wound Itchichi, that's it.
Speaker 3: Italian baby nice.
Speaker 1: It was giving Japanese at the end. May but.
Speaker 4: Mister multi lingual son, yeah, rocko, I do actually no, Japan I can have ten Japanese and Italian.
Speaker 3: There you go, give us.
Speaker 2: I'm an extra go to the Sultan of Japanese.
Speaker 4: Just so we know, itching a right, let's say itching me son, she go rocku nana hotchi coo jew Wow.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 5: I can say a few things in Dutch. I have been doing a bit of work on duwelingo. Do you want to hear a few words? I love to Okay, this is how you say please, I'll shive lift nice.
Speaker 2: It's giving, sins giving.
Speaker 5: I can say sandwich balter ham and I can also say good night valta usten.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: It's quite an intricate language.
Speaker 2: It's nice. Right anyway, we're ready for the big reveal.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody, So we have spent minutes, long, labored minutes, yes, making a once in a lifetime portrait of Flume. His new album is out today. It's called Palaces and to celebrate, we thought, we're feeling in a generous mood, of course, and Flume has also done the pleasure of doing an amazing portrait of of us. We're going to start by showing ours. I'll show it to this camera first. We'll see here. I've put Flume and the little doggie person in there too.
Speaker 5: I do love your your typography, I will say, and really nice to add Percy.
Speaker 2: I didn't think that through.
Speaker 1: Are they sweat marks where let's just deep the arms?
Speaker 2: No, that's that's like the arm crease.
Speaker 1: That's a pit crease. Okay, okay, now are we ready to show yeah in.
Speaker 2: Three two one?
Speaker 3: Wow, incredible from you. Really slated on this one. I can't, I can't. I can't really see. It's a bit small. Maybe bringing a bit closer. Oh wow, beautiful. I think I love it. I love it. I love it and frooms, I need to say that a little closer. Beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now we're ready for our portrait.
Speaker 3: Reeal oh yeah, are you ready? Yeah? Here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's close.
Speaker 3: Went to look three two one open? There you go. That is very lively like apologies about.
Speaker 2: It looks like a voodoo doll on my head. I don't know what I get to I was just trying. It is actually quite sweet.
Speaker 1: Can we hit another zoom in on Fox's face?
Speaker 2: If I wake up tomorrow injured? You know why Slim's a witch?
Speaker 5: You lays get that signed at the bottom, signed and dated, just for legitimacy.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't want that to be.
Speaker 5: Forward shocked it and forched I do it. I do it, but for the sake of content. Yeah, yes, thank you for being the best.
Speaker 2: There's no one quite like you.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. I've never done an interview like this.
Speaker 2: Would you say it's you.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful way to do an interview. It's quite relaxing. Actually top three, top three.
Speaker 2: Oh that's quite good.
Speaker 1: I didn't really elaborate trying to hear it's a.
Speaker 2: Live This was the best. Thank you so much. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Of course, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: I hope a sushi sits well long term.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 4: Alright, you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune Indicator on da B. We'll check it out right here on iHeartRadio,