Speaker 1: So I discovered a new way. Actually it's not really a new way. I don't know how I would describe this, but basically I lied to my children on the weekend.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to describe this.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm alive a new thing.
Speaker 2: I'm a liar.
Speaker 1: The thing is is, I think most parents have told their kids a white lie to either get out of doing something that they don't want to do, or to try and just like soften the arguments or the debating that happens when you've got little kids. If you have lied to your children about something, give us call, let us know what it is, because I need the affirmation that I'm not a terrible parent. So on the weekend where we are, it was torrential rain on Saturday, like it was, it was absolutely bucketing down. And now the kids have been desperate to go and see Majana Too at the cinema.
Speaker 2: Looks very good.
Speaker 1: And I was like, great, Okay, Sunday, that's what is going to be our rainy day activity. I'll take them to the cinemas. So we booked in. We bought tickets to Juana Too, had the time slot locked in. The kids were so excited like they were absolutely pumped for it. And then Sunday rolled around and we woke up and I opened the blinds and it was a beautiful day here, one day, like it was absolutely pristine. The sun was out. It was so hot, and Matt and I we had this moment where we were like, the last thing I want to do is go and sit in a cinema on the only hot day that.
Speaker 2: We've had in so long.
Speaker 1: So we went downstairs and we told the kids, guys, we're so sorry, but we can't go to the cinema today. Emali and Laula obviously devastated, and we were like, the cinemas are only open when it's raining, and they're closed on hot days, so you have to do an outside activity on a hot day. And tears gone instantly. They were like, okay, mom, we get back and we went to the beach. I spent the whole day at the beach, and now I need to at some point tell my kids that actually, the cinemas are open even when it's raining, I mean sunny.
Speaker 3: I think it's an okay lie for now.
Speaker 4: The problem is they're going to go to school and they're gonna tell their friends that and their friends are going to go. I'm calling bs. I go to the cinema all the time when it's sunny, and I'll just tell them. And you've got to double down, right, friends.
Speaker 5: Wrong, It's all right, don't stress it. You've got to make it through adulthood somehow. Why do you kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean there's got to be a benchmark to it, right, There's a limit to how much you can lie. We did have a few people right into the text line. This one mom said that she told her children that the eject button on the CD player in the car was actually to eject.
Speaker 2: Their seat if they were misbehaving.
Speaker 5: Who put used to CDs? I don't believe that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that a CD. They probably don't anymore. They might be older and the kids have grown up. But it was like what they use.
Speaker 1: They said, like that button if you're misbehaving, that eject is not for the CD, it's for you.
Speaker 2: You're going out of the car window.
Speaker 4: You used to have cars that had the CD player like under the seat and you could have like five stuckers under.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or Mitch's too young, Yeah, you're too young.
Speaker 1: My mum always used to tell me that if you put the car lights on when you were driving and drove for any distance with the internal car lights on at night time, it was illegal and we were get pulled over by the police.
Speaker 5: Georgie says, when the kids want to watch TV and I don't want them to, a convince them that the Wiggles are asleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Fair, that's good. The Wiggles are is alive. I think this is good.
Speaker 4: Lottie Lotty said, I gas lit my kids into believing their noses turned red every time they lie, but only the adults can see it.
Speaker 3: When you we the pool and it turns.
Speaker 5: Back, it's fake.
Speaker 2: Ren Sais.
Speaker 5: I told my kid that there were ants that come out from under his bed when it's dark, so he doesn't get out of bed.
Speaker 4: Nohow me, because you've got to be able to get out of bed if you're scared or need to.
Speaker 2: We Yeah, and you also can't like traumatize your children.
Speaker 5: Wait, Amy's given us a call. Hey, Amy, what do you tell your kids?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: I tell my kids that if they eat boggers will take them to the hospital and the doctor will have to take their.
Speaker 2: Boogers out by surgery. That's also traumatizing.
Speaker 4: There's something disgusting about thinking about someone eating boggers, isn't there No, it's a little bit of a snatch, like they don't They also think it tastes good, like it's just what kids.
Speaker 2: Some kids do. They're like, it's nice.
Speaker 1: Do you know what what My oldest has just started doing. She she came into the bedroom the other morning and she was like, hey, Mommy, I just put this in the glass.
Speaker 2: I have a glass cup next to sink. She's like, I'm just putting this in the.
Speaker 1: Glass cup and I was like, what is it? And she goes, Oh, it's my scab. I've been collecting that. She got four scabs. There was four scabs in the glasscar next to the sink.
Speaker 2: That makes kids a gross.
Speaker 5: She needs to see someone because that's that. Jeffrey Dahmer started doing it, and he starts collecting scabs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think roadkill.
Speaker 5: Okay, very different?
Speaker 2: Is fine?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Next on the show, Yeah, next on the show. Speaking of disgusting, my fiance and Ben.
Speaker 4: Has been encouraged to do a pretty wild thing to help treat an injury. I have not heard of this before in my life, and I think you're going to be just as shocked all right after
Speaker 1: This on the pickup