Speaker 1: It's a Christian colors show.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Monday morning. What has happened to you over the weekend? Your hair is? I say this with affection. Right, you are not in a good way this morning.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You turned up late, you come in here and you went At one point we were talking to you and you went, bro, Oh is a wake up? And I looked around and you know what you were looking around for? What has happened? If I was going to.
Speaker 3: Find a bucket of ice cold water, can you just throw that bucket on my face? What's gone on?
Speaker 2: The hair is all skew. Normally you're all your shape to sculpture. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's Saturday night, Saturday night. I was hosting my friends at my house for the draft night, Fantasy Draft night.
Speaker 2: This is how you know you're getting older. It's not the next day, jack, it's the day after. Actually, it's the day after the day after you've got a fear. That's when it comes to get you.
Speaker 3: Man, I didn't actually feel too bad.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you actually have semi productive today. And then it's waiting on the Monday. Actual you know you're getting older. It's a day after the day after.
Speaker 3: There was just I tried to shut the depth party down early. There was just so much pressure on it to be a fun night.
Speaker 2: And I was so worried that all you're hosting it, I know you can't host it and shut it down.
Speaker 3: And then about eleven o'clock I decided I had enough fun and I started trying to kick everybody out. But it's easier said than done.
Speaker 2: And how many guys were on there? There was fourteen of verse includ I can't control that. There's too many big dogs in that room. And so was it? God, was it success?
Speaker 3: It was a huge success. Everybody's got their fantasy teams. I can't wait for the start of football on Thursday.
Speaker 2: And who have you got? Did you get some good picks? I?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think I was too focused on making sure that everyone was having a good time, that snacks were being put out. I'm not happy with my team whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Who have you gone? If you've got some stinkers?
Speaker 3: My first I'll tell you that he's not even a star. My first pick is a guy called Rory Lad of the Adelaide Football Club, not even one of.
Speaker 2: The first of all the Warden Spoon last year exactly now, wonder is it today? Used to hang over you real the crappy team for you got this season?
Speaker 1: Rory.
Speaker 2: It's all on Rory from the cross. Patsy, how was your weekend?
Speaker 4: We had a great weekend, thanks boys.
Speaker 2: My wife and I decided to go away for the weekend. We had a last minute We just managed to get a last minute place on stays. We just went away, the two of us and we went to Blair Cowery. Yes, it's very nice down there. Do you know what we sudden wind us when we went away? I think it was the first weekend we've been away, just a pair of us for over a year. And when we when we sat down in the evening to eat something and have a drink, it was like we were like, hey, how are you? I haven't seen you in fifteen months? How are you? Yeahs last fifteen months. It was like that the weekend it was lovely. We had a really nice weekend.
Speaker 3: Then, can I ask why were you so active on text? On all weeke here? I feel like a weekend.
Speaker 2: Because you know why if you go away for the weekend, Patsy, you'll get this right? What does the one want to do? She wants she wants to live in the bath. My wife spent about ninety percent of the weekend because normally when she has a bath at home, the kids will still walk in and go and bother her with stuff going question is there right? If can I buy this? Can you order that? Or have you emailed the teacher about this? So my wife her weekend was really as much it was nice hanging out with me. It was nice hanging out with her south in the barth The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: How did the pizzas go down? With the guys by the way for your fantasy draft night?
Speaker 3: I over ordered massively. There was something on the so I was like, Oh, get a bunch of large pizzas. Then I saw they had family pizzas, and then above family they had party pizza. How big is a party of party pizza?
Speaker 2: The box was I think rolling it in sideways actually like a giant wheel, like a penny farthing of pizza and not chee.
Speaker 3: So for to give you an idea. There was so much left over, but I couldn't even fit the boxes in the fridge to save it for the next hole. Wow, party pizza is way too big.
Speaker 2: Trying a different pizza. While we're away for the weekend. Done in Blair, Gary, I went to water or pick up some pizzas in Serrensa. There's a pizza place there called Back Beach Pizza that is lovely would find pizzas, and because we were went for the week I thought I won't get the pizza I normally get, right, I think different.
Speaker 3: I never think when I or a pizza, always get pepperoni.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, this is the one I went for. Okay. My wife said, oh, you regret that shredded chicken and hot chips.
Speaker 3: The novelty will wear off after the first bite. I was going to say the first slice, first bite.
Speaker 2: When I went to pick it up, the lady went, oh, you're having this one with the hot chips. I went, yeah, is that nice? Went, there's a story with that pizza. I don't know, right, okay. When I opened it up, the chips the chips did not the chips look like they don't belong on a pizza.
Speaker 3: Well, their shoestring, thin fries or chips like.
Speaker 2: But it looked like that. You know that the pizza and some separate chips are just sort of mixed around in the car and it looked like it's spilt on them. And you know when you know when you first one or two bite lunch, sh they're just gone from an old pepperoni. Why be smart of the weekend? This pizza is everything. My wife goes, why don't you just go and order another one? And why I went, I can't. I need to eat now when you're hunger, and I was really really hungry. I had eat it for a couple of hours. You know when you're really hungry. Couple.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast Time.
Speaker 2: If your emails that have coming over the weekend and late to the party late, thank you very much all the Miss Said lyrics that came in over the weekend. You can hear the brand new Miss Said lyrics at eight o'clock this morning. First one comes from a listener called Larry. He'saly signed it off here, Larry Bracket's not your cat. Thanks, because often on a Monday I do confuse so many correspondence to the show for being my various pets. So many times ago, my dog's calling me, so it's it's Larry Brackett's not your cat. Hi, Christian, No, you give me a chuckle on the podcast over the weekend. I was catching up with the show when you played the song Norman, hang on is this me now? Three shows on the bounce for Let's get it back to Sue Thompson from nineteen sixty three Norman, how long are they do? We have to play for PRS so she actually gets some money on this state of Sue soon still with us? She alive, Sue Thompson. That was a cute fea of the common Google rather is smiling at me. Oh boy, long old show today.
Speaker 3: Sue Thompson give me good news. Is with us at ninety five years old, So well done, breaking hues of true.
Speaker 2: Sue still with us.
Speaker 3: Best known for the two songs Sad Movies and Norman Sad Movies.
Speaker 2: Oh wonderf that goes roughly this day. All of our songs are really upbeig movies. He's waking up everyone, He's waking up. Where were we? Oh? Yes, playing the song Norman. My dad is called Norman. He was a rock and roll drummer with an uncool name. Now I think Norman is a cool name. I haven't heard the song about fifty years. It was only about one of the two singles that were in my house, I used to play well, everyone else was listening to the Beatles and the Stones. My dad would play over and over again.
Speaker 3: That's my son, anyone.
Speaker 2: The reason why we were talking about this last week was I found it done a YouTube wormhole, and I was actually wondering whether we did have any listeners called Norman, because I actually think Norman's one of those old school names, isn't it. You know? I wonder if we do have any listeners with actually what I would call great or unusual names. Remember, towards the end of last year, I think we'd actually finished, got a lovely email from a listener and I still remember his name, Daniel van Boom. I first I had to read it a couple of times because it felt like a movie character name for something like a Liam Neeson movie Gerard Butler. You know, is van Boom is a detective? Isn't he know? He's thrown off the force because justice couldn't be doubt properly, So it became a vigilanity. You need call van Boom, Van Boom, get in here. The DA wants your badge, Van Boom. If you do have an interesting, unusual name, please let me know mine four one four one O four three. This email here is from Angelo good On in Christian I'm writing to you today, not begging for a handout, but wondering if you could help me out with your connections to any of your lovely listeners. I'm a nurse at the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne. Drive to and from work every day. Listen to you guys when I'm at worker or can two different wards, the adolescent ward, and I also visit patients in their own homes who have physically left the hospital but still require care. While my car was parked last week, someone hit my car. They had a ute they're reversed into my part. Can't when they realized they hit my cart while their tray was still on top of my bonnet. They got out, had to look at the accident, looked around to see if anyone was there, and then took off. No note was left, no number, nothing. Sorry, I'm not asking if someone all rend it for free. This is my access is seven hundred dollars. We're not paid that much money as a nurse. I was just one. If someone would give me mates rates or a discount, this sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate that the injustice of a hit and run like that.
Speaker 2: It's not great anywhere, whether it's in a supermarket or anything like that, but when it's someone who is working on the front line at the hospital, that is pretty low rent. So if there is anyone out who can help Angela out, please give us a call nine four four one four to three. Happy to plug your business, but this is someone that we need some help. You should not be paying any money for that. We'll see what we can do. Angela, thank you very much for email. She's got a little Volkswagen Polo twenty fourteen black. Angela also sent me pictures of the damage. Someone must have really versed into that speed for some reason. There's also some pictures of just the interior seats. It's a spotless car. Angelo, Okay about eighteen photos.
Speaker 3: How heavily did the reverse?
Speaker 2: If you're taking photos of the EIA, if I showed you the inside of my car right now, you think someone actually rolled the car several times? Also the ps here Angela, I keep having a lookout this morning. It says, keep up the great work making people snails or is it a new thing like Netflix and chill? I'm not aware of what the real. Is that a new thing like making people snails? I've consumers snarl smiles, but I wait to be corrected.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian I connel Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Now I brought something else in doing this every Monday. Recently, I had a big garrish clearance loads of crap in my garage, and I've been bringing someone every Monday morning to give to you guys. Recently dogbeds, not one, not two, but three wicker uncomfortable dogbeds.
Speaker 3: And we saw a photo of the happy dog.
Speaker 2: It's been failing out on that really uncomfortable, prickly wicker, poor dog. All right, So what have I brought in this morning? Jackie boy has the two items.
Speaker 3: Today I hold in my hands, not one, but two lacks. The lack is the ikea name for floating shelf.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's the matter.
Speaker 4: No, sorry, I've got a terrible experience with showing terrible shelves from.
Speaker 2: The weekend.
Speaker 4: Trauma from it. Actually, we've got floating shelves for the nine year olds.
Speaker 2: Them handle.
Speaker 4: We've got a professional handyman because we're useless, and he came and put them up, but they wouldn't sit flush to the wall. So he left. They're useless anyway. Stuff kept sliding off them.
Speaker 2: Jack Boast.
Speaker 4: Took them back at the weekend, and now we've got four massive gouge.
Speaker 2: Faction not guarantee. That's my kind of repair.
Speaker 3: When guy couldn't do it properly, what did he say before he left?
Speaker 4: He blamed the shelves, He said, with these expensive shelves. And I said, yes, they wear and he said, because they look a bit shape and you've got to get the dearer ones.
Speaker 2: And yeah, Patsy, reason why I've got two of these chat hold them up. They're not even We didn't even unwrap them. There's a third one right that we put I put I put up myself. I don't think you need a handy man. It's simply two screwed. However, like you said, Pats, soon as it I screwed it all the way in the shelf just goes like this. Yeah, yes, I think that's why it's called the lack. It's a lack of a shelf. You put anything on that's more than a fly on there that it starts to whirl. So we had a third, longer one. The other one I didn't even unwrap.
Speaker 3: Yes on the on the website. The photo they've used to promote the leaf A guy's reading glasses.
Speaker 2: If only I had a floating shelf for my glasses. So it's a it's a spectacle shelf.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you want not one but two spectacled shells. Are we giving these to the same person or too lucky.
Speaker 2: One who knows? Depends who calls.
Speaker 3: Him thirty centimeters by twenty six.
Speaker 2: If it's a married couple, oh, a new couple of embarking on your relationship, he's her spectacle shelves. I'll put your slippers on them, not shoes, because that you will break it.
Speaker 1: Christian Hell Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So see, I did a big garage clear out, long overdue. Jack will verify my garage is a it's just a it's.
Speaker 3: Like something you see in Indiana Jones when he's got a tiptoe through.
Speaker 2: You know, he didn't have to tip through, you know, like a rowing machine and exercise by some half full paintings Modern Indiana Jones. Did you see a highly dodgy pirated copy. Every Monday, I'm bringing in some junk that I didn't throw in hard rubbish. Today These are brand new. They're actually still sealed. The the Ikea lack.
Speaker 3: Now these are shells. I don't want to I think we probably undersold them because you guys said that they're falling off your walls and stuff. If installed correctly, these great floating you'll say undersold.
Speaker 2: Patsy said she had a terrible experience. If you were looking at online reviews, which is what we all did before going anywhere these days of by anything, and you saw zero out of fire, which is what that review was, and said, then it just said, you know, the heady, terrible experience. Would you call up and want brand new two of these.
Speaker 3: Pats Were you talking about the Ikea shelves?
Speaker 2: Were you O?
Speaker 4: I wasn't there a different brand, much cheaper and not as good brand.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't get much cheaper than I care. I thought that was the.
Speaker 2: Someone called in earlier saying they want them, and because they want to get rid of their TV unit, bought the knees. There's no way we can give the huge you'd be calling in a couple of days time deminding a brand new TV, holding off the wall on your pet or just smash.
Speaker 3: Imagine this a floating shelf. The size of a small pizza box. So unless your TV is really really small, it's not holding it up.
Speaker 2: This is fake, mate, give up. I appreciate. I've never seen a lean into anything harder than this. They don't want Patsy killed them. You gotta let it go.
Speaker 3: I'm taking these home and I'm going to enjoy them. I'm going to put the moment not an experiment. I'm going to actually use that. They'll work. I don't know why on them socks, very soft toy.
Speaker 2: That flimsy house. You did the renovation that could bring down that house half an a pasta shell.
Speaker 3: For all my tools.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy, when we were talking to you Friday and doing a knock off Friday, it talk us that bathroom shopping was ahead of you over the weekend with you and the love God, Chris.
Speaker 4: You know what it's done. All it's done is to serve and drive a big fat wedge in between us. My marriage is hanging on by a very fine tread.
Speaker 2: I'm sad to hear this. So had a big disagreement about which way.
Speaker 4: To go or what we to side. So we spent three hours at the beautiful Big Reece showroom at Essendon on Saturday. Brilliant staff who were very helpful, but we're not we're further away from a new bar.
Speaker 2: Had three hours is the length of the show, right? Three hours in a showroom? Now, wonder you're thanking the staff. I mean some of them are sort of beginning and ending shifts and relationships in that three hours. Three hours living in there for half the day.
Speaker 4: Chris did threaten to order some uber eats for lunch.
Speaker 2: I wonder if some guys done that before I could imagine toilet would say to me, you're clearly getting a bit hungry, why don't you order some uberies and then once it's gone through your system, we can flush it away and on the fate loopse You know, when.
Speaker 4: You go in with a clear picture of what you think you want.
Speaker 2: No, No, I've never had that in my life. I've gone along being tragged in there and told my wife will tell us what we want.
Speaker 4: A toilet is A toilet is, but it's not, Jack, it's not. There's a million different options and this is the problem now in life. There's too many options to choose from. If you gave me like three to five options and say choose.
Speaker 3: One to five.
Speaker 2: You need three to five different box That one flushes like that? That one, yeah, the first one, and you sold it to me? How can you do three hours in there?
Speaker 4: Come on easily? I could have done another three and.
Speaker 2: The stamina, and I still didn't.
Speaker 4: Come out with a clearer picture of what we're going to get. You left with nothing, precisely.
Speaker 2: This is why the marriage is on the rocks today, poor Chris.
Speaker 4: We're further away from this renovation than ever before.
Speaker 2: So how did you leave it? Then? I don't understand how did you leave the store lot?
Speaker 4: You were going to come back frustrated and he was over it. And the nine year old was just beside herself. She'd been on me.
Speaker 3: She was there for three hours with you.
Speaker 4: We couldn't buy a babysitter, so you know what we all left in a half.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't book a babysitter to go to a fo Where are you going too? We've got a table for two week, Reese's reservations for one pm.
Speaker 4: It was just diabolical. So in future I will take myself and I will be the one to decide what we get. And if I get a pink tile and he doesn't like it. It's not my problem.
Speaker 1: Christ Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jackie Boy, How was your big Saturday night? Four team mates all coming round?
Speaker 3: It felt like this really big, like lots of pressure on me to have the draft night at my house on Saturday night. I didn't get that pre party sleep that I was hoping for on Saturday because there was just so much to do in preparation. I was cleaning the house, vacuum in the floors. I even take.
Speaker 2: Kind you know, I mean that's ten minutes ivan.
Speaker 3: You know how I set up the projector last week so that I had that all set up in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: It was the projector off. So what was what was being watched while they do in your draft picks?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, that's where you put up everybody's name, so.
Speaker 2: It's like a slide show like a sales presentation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can see the website and see right.
Speaker 2: Music, turn the projector wrong guys, Yeah, hang over five the projector, WHOA, turn the lights out. Let's really get this.
Speaker 3: They can see our names. That day, I even went to the extra effort of taking down the bed sheet I had put up for the projector and ironing the bed.
Speaker 2: Sheet down to around here. Oh ambassador, you're smiling us with this iron bed sheep.
Speaker 3: Which is harder. I've never Terror.
Speaker 2: Squad didn't come round. It've got sleep for sale.
Speaker 3: Very hard to iron a bed sheets small, Yeah.
Speaker 2: They make bed sheets, come on, Davy Jones.
Speaker 3: So with the preparation was immaculate, and everybody loved the hoover.
Speaker 2: She's her iron everything you need for great house box.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a huge success. Must must I say? The draft went beautifully, The Royal rumble to pick our draft order went perfectly. Everybody loved that. I had made that video that didn't land as well on the mind of the video. Okay, I made a video where I played Bruce McAvaney, who's the retiring commentator.
Speaker 2: Landing well here, it's not Saturday night. It sounds a sad waste of time when people just looking around all.
Speaker 3: I was introducing the draft night as Bruce mccavanny. The problem was it was the first thing in the night and he's retired.
Speaker 2: By the way, I think Bruce knew this was coming and wanted to sort of step away from everything going If this is what I've created, Bruce is sorry.
Speaker 3: My dog was really excited to have so many people in the house, so she kept like barking at people and actually barking over my jokes, so they weren't landing.
Speaker 2: Don't blame spots the way I would have count.
Speaker 3: I actually I was tempted to run the video again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've all had shows like that joke.
Speaker 3: I almost ran the video again so that people put the dog out and people can watch it.
Speaker 2: On the show tomorrow. Tell you what, we have complete silence here. I guarantee that the silence to hear these Chappelle esque jokes.
Speaker 3: You you won't get all the nuances of the jokes about the people in.
Speaker 2: The Who wants to hear pantcy when you hear it?
Speaker 4: Definitely?
Speaker 2: You know to hear it? Yes, yes, yes, producers out in the gallery tom and collect would you not to hear it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel might have been able to come in tomorrow the rest of the year because I don't need.
Speaker 2: Take his laptop.
Speaker 3: But the thing was, everybody had great fun at the draft night. I was getting a little tired, as I tend to do, by eleven o'clock early hours. The front of the two days, they catch up with me on the weekend, I wasn't able to have my nap, so by the end of the draft.
Speaker 2: That just sounds like you eat one as in front of your stick, your joke set.
Speaker 3: The end of the draft is really boring because all the star players are gone, so people are picking, you know, these smoky characters.
Speaker 2: It's a kid control of a night of guys or girls.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Well, everyone breaks down to like little mini kingdom.
Speaker 3: So no one's everyone's drinking now and young guys so they're not concentrating. So I'm killing I'm trying. I'm trying to get the draft moving faster, so we just pick all our players. So I'm yelling out things like, guys, make sure you think about who you want to take for your pig car.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Guys, don't don't go outside or go to the toilet if your pick is if your peak is coming up.
Speaker 2: To your pants, guys, let's all do it. I've got an appy on.
Speaker 3: Finally, the draft finishes at eleven o'clock and I start tidying up beer bottles and packing.
Speaker 2: Out Tadek actually going hoovering up.
Speaker 3: What time the last person leave at eleven? Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Hard out there for Jack the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So you invited all your four teammates around on Saturday night, you're laid on the whole night. You went to a lot of effort. Did any of them thank you the next day?
Speaker 3: They didn't?
Speaker 2: The ungrateful What is it about guys? The lack of crititude? I speak as myself as a guy as well. It's like, what do I organize something like that? Thanks you the next day? And then you do that really sort of pathetic thinging WhatsApp Hey, it's really nice to see everyone, guy, how's it coming? And just leave it and they leave you hanging. You might get one night, seven long hours later going yeah, I see everyone. That's it.
Speaker 3: Nothing else. She got no thank you, no thank you. The only thank you I got is I thanked the guy who set up the Royal Rumble. I said thank you for going to all that effort to bring you PlayStation over and he said thanks for having us after I prompted it. The rest of them cricket is to nudge thank you. I'm afraid all right, son. That sums up my weekends. Over the weekend and my wife and I actually had a decision to go away for the weekend. Our oldest daughter Ruby was at some big growing.
Speaker 2: Battle. The way she was describing it, right, two boats go in one row for your life. She it was the largest all girl rowing battle in the Southern Hemisphere. It was huge by the out of Barwin. And we said, well, we'll come and watch. She was like, now when he watched Downheny watched down and watch. So we went, we'll go away for the weekends. So she said, but you can watch online.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can strain the battle? Good old?
Speaker 2: Did I see online? I found out. I didn't know that. You there's a thing when your phone. I googled it. You can record like whatever.
Speaker 3: You're watching, like a screen capture of your phone.
Speaker 2: Yes, video. So I've recorded it because on her wedding day I will play about what I saw. Wowie, well the jokers to the raid here. Yesterday's she does really well. Okay, she comes second. She's in double skulls okay two with the one that that means she does she does really well. Yesterday, the day before, is when it all happened. So I'm logging in and it's incredible. I can't believe we're actually watching and the quality was amazing, like various cameras and stuff. This they got one of this. One of the teachers there is like commentating and then I see, you know, there's like four different skulls, and I see, you know, Ruby's and a little Roman mate their names called out in the school they go to. I'm thinking this would be great. They got graphics and everything for the Yeah, it's amazing. It's like Fox Footie. It's like, you know, it's the largest meetup rumble in the Southern hemisphere. Girl, this is shoe.
Speaker 3: I went to nationals for volleyball. We never had anything like that, so.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. And it's like amazing quantity. So well, if and I'm watching it, we see them all as like the start pistol.
Speaker 1: Goes off very quickly.
Speaker 2: It's very clear that there's some very quick girls bowing at this, and there's there's a lack but you know, and then what I was starting to see is my daughter's canoe. I don't think it's called a canoe. Skull boat thing right veering off, right, veering so badly off, and they're going backwards, you know, they're going backwards. Okay, so they can't really see, but the other boats can see where they're going. Somehow they hit black an eye and they hit a tree so badly they get wedged in there for five minutes. So much so two other races to finish. Right, Ruby's rowing mate starts to cry because there's humiliation of it, all right, And I'm watching it, you know, we just want to be there to get that flipping boat out, and I'm yelling at it. Someone teachers do so and get that little boat out. They made them finish the whole race, then finish it. So I'm watching all this. It's heartbreaking seeing that on your phone from saying what a right? So this morning, I want to know your stories are being stuck seeing that little skull canoe boat thing whatever it's called, right wedged in there. It looked like someone had fired it. It was like a dark just stuck in there. I guess two girls at speed, you know that big old rumble there and just one the southern hemisphere and Langes in the sub of the hemisphere. I guess you've got up against Antarctica. They must faint for their big old gold.
Speaker 3: All the Brazilians there continue.
Speaker 1: Rotta Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, look for your stories. You've been stuck or wedged nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 6: Rob him good morning. Hell are you Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm good. Rob taks on the show and I hope you well, mate. Touch your story all right.
Speaker 6: Quite a few years ago, barbecue down at the brow and law's place. The whole family was there. I managed to get a mini bte going, which hadn't been running for years, so we put a bit of petrol in it. I went off on that and another brother in law, Chris, he jumped on the motor bike.
Speaker 1: Which is a lot quicker.
Speaker 6: We've got about a k or so along the dirt road. There was one tight or ninety degree bend in it. We've gone around that, turned around, come back. I was leading. I go around the ninety degree bend, get to the driveway and there's no Chris, and I thought, Loo, what's going on? So I go back to the ninety degree bend. I stopped, turned it off, listening and all I can.
Speaker 2: Hear is.
Speaker 6: So I look over the edge of the bank and here's Chris with the motorbike lane beside him, wedged in a patch of blackberries, and he couldn't.
Speaker 2: Move horns and oh that's agony.
Speaker 6: And the funniest part of that. I crawled down or walked down, got him out. We staggered back to the house and he spent the next half an hour forty five minutes to spend across the kitchen table with my wife and his wife fucking black flatberry storms out of your thumb.
Speaker 2: It's a fun night for everyone, you know. Yeah, and you're gonna thrown out. You win a prize, all right, Rob, great story, You have a good week. Thanks Colling. There you goes bye by now Janel Janelle? Yes, yes, uh Janew, what's your story for us? Mate? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I used to work in Age Keener about probably about twelve fifteen years ago now, and one of my dear staff members had locked the keys in one of the thrower drills, and yeah, I ended up having to pull the grade off at the bottom of the door and try and wiggle my way in, and I got stuck.
Speaker 2: Stuck in a door. I got stuck with you teen you know it's come down on you.
Speaker 7: I tried shoving me and that didn't work. I ended up having to get a story up.
Speaker 2: I saw out like a strange magician acts has gone very wrong. Oh, Janelle, that's brilliant, very very funny. Janelle, thanks your story.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Loretta. Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi, how are you today?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Loretta. You're a nice weekend. The cast pulled over. We can hear the hazard lights.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 5: When I was about eight years old, also put my dad's farm in Castle, Maine, and I actually fell down a well.
Speaker 6: So I was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was there for about four hours by myself. He actually gone into town and when he came home. Yeah, I was in the well and the only thing I had to keep my head above wad was I was able to hang on to about a one inch pipe and that was the only thing in the actual well until they were able to get me out, which was with a four wheel drive. They had to tie rope around my waist and pull me out.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. I mean, did you not have you must have nightmares or like PTSD from something like that.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't.
Speaker 5: Actually, I was sorry. Maybe now and again I think about it and I go, hmmm, yeah, scary, but you know I didn't. I got into a lot of trouble.
Speaker 2: But when you got into trouble for falling down a.
Speaker 5: When you know it was one of those don't go near the well things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was at the start of every third episode of Lassie or Hey, I just don't go there that well. Remember thinking to myself that well is going to come back well again. I don't think they're going to listen to those words.
Speaker 5: Vitally, Lassie wasn't there all skippy, No.
Speaker 3: Nobody to tell me.
Speaker 2: It sounds I know you're laughing about it, but it sounds terrifying to be stuck in a well and then you're struggling to keep yourself up afloating water. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: Actually I sort of had to bounce, if you know what I mean, to sort of kick myself up. So yeah, I think my mom I got into more trouble from my mom than my dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's something I have to do in that say, sr you're tough enough show you know it still that Theretta, I'm going to have to give you the gold class tickets because this is incredible. Yeah, well done. See it was worth it. You know, that's just how hard you've got to, you know, survive in a well for four hours to win these gold class tickets. We demand a lot. Thank you, Loretta, Thank you very much the story.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot, Thanks by Christian.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast time.
Speaker 2: Now for the Monday misheard lyrics. This way you email in the mishard lyrics. We go through them every Monday.
Speaker 8: It's just another missharday, Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics.
Speaker 2: All right, as we play back, you'll miss her lyrics. If we agree with what you think you're miss hearing, you'll hear this. Dear, oh dear, wizard Play has stopped working.
Speaker 3: Wizard Play.
Speaker 2: That's literally a warning system has come out. I've never seen this in my life, Wizard Play. What have we downloaded over the weekend? Let me try that again.
Speaker 8: It's just the miss heard Monday Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics.
Speaker 2: Just out light. You didn't hear that little thing earlier. All right, Monday's miss her lyrics. We play back your misheard lyric and we agree you'll hear this if you don't, so we don't. And for the really great ones in you Comes's Hall of Favor, Classic Hall of Famous, Robbie Williams better Man Cecil wants to Love Me sees what love Me? My favorite that this is one of the first Hall of famous I think we got from Robin. My heart will go on, Selene Dion, I believe that the hot dogs will go on all right, brand new Mishurts this week. We've got some great ones to get through. First of all, thank you very much, Sean Blake. We are family, sister Sledge. Just let me stay for the record. Just let me or is it just let me stay all the vicar, Just let me state that's a quick haull of famer. Just let me stay all the vicar, Just let me step. Yes, I'm hearing Vickers Hall Well, no, Sean Blake, Jared cough Syrup Young the giant. Life's too short to even care at all?
Speaker 3: Shut her?
Speaker 2: Or is it life's too short to eat a carrot hole.
Speaker 3: To shut her?
Speaker 2: Yes? Also, he's given us two fascinate alphabet good song on this couple years ago. The word is on your lips, say the word fascination or is it a topical one? The word is on your lips say the word vaccination. Wow, that's right on the nose. Why did then use that in the TV advert campaign? Ruben has also given us two how would I know? Whitney Houston too shy can't speak. It's going to ruin this classic song for so many people too, Shy Cat's p I'm hearing too, shy Cat's pee, the Escape song, Peina Colada song Rupert Holmes. If you like Pina Colada's if you like? Or is it a if you like being a Koala? If you like? No, almost but not quite, my friends, Chris Preston t LC waterfalls don't go chasing waterfalls or is it don't go Jason Waterfalls first name, Jason surname Waterfalls. Yes, Yes, Jason water Hall of favor last this morning. Then Joshua Doolan, Thank you, mister Dolan. Confidence ocean, Allie, it's all about confidence, baby. She was a confident lady.
Speaker 8: Can.
Speaker 2: It's all about cabinets, baby, she was covered in gravy that can. Yeah, I'm here in cabinet, so that we missed off the other bit on that. We'll give you that. Thank you very much, Joshua Doolan and everybody else has been emailing as well. If you hear any miss her lyrics, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. That's this week's thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So on Friday show, Jack was telling us about his car to be filmed by the ABC.
Speaker 3: It will be in a news story. It's a Tesla and it'll be in this story about Tesla's.
Speaker 2: Any Timmy says, Tesla. You know it's like sirih gets activated Amazon, you know Southern Now, Yes, Master.
Speaker 3: There is a story about scammers, very evil scammers. Evil telling people you're doing the.
Speaker 2: Voice over for it tonight on ABC. Evil scammers on teslas, who would do such a thing?
Speaker 3: Rockers tricking people to think they're buying a Tesla when they're not. I don't know the real details of the story.
Speaker 2: Back a biscuits turns up like these are not Tesla's.
Speaker 3: What I do know is that they need to film a Tesla for overlay footage called b ROLL.
Speaker 2: There we go again. He's peering about the curtain. He's peaking about the curtain, letting us know about b roll.
Speaker 3: For So when the news story says something like, oh, the evil scamer, scammers told people they would get a Tesla, you'll see shot.
Speaker 2: That's what they're talking about.
Speaker 3: What they're talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's great, they've done that for us because I couldn't imagine what one was.
Speaker 3: It won't look like So the news producer Amy and the cameraman I forget his name, coupled.
Speaker 2: Man of people Friday Dave called one of those two names.
Speaker 3: They were on their way out on Friday afternoon to come and film the tesla. Then Bianca reminded me that we had remember I had a couple's massage book for Valentine's Day weekend and then Valentine's we went into that swift lockdown. Everything got postponed. The couple's massage was moved to Friday afternoon. I completely forgot about it, so I had to be at two places at once. I didn't want to let down the ABC.
Speaker 2: They need that b roll.
Speaker 3: They were already on their way out. Last thing I want to do is tell them they can't come. But also I've got to go to the couple's massage.
Speaker 2: Don't want that to go to wait stuck between a rock and a hard place, an the love of your life and also getting on TV.
Speaker 3: So what I did was when they the producer from the ABC got there, I taught her how to drive the car, and I said.
Speaker 2: I have to go how to drive a car how to d car. But it's all right post.
Speaker 3: It's a future. It's a future.
Speaker 2: It's a futuristic.
Speaker 3: Amy, I challenge you to get in the Tesla and drive it. First time.
Speaker 2: I've had a look in there. Jack opened up the door once. I could just peer in there, you know, And it's got no controls exactly.
Speaker 3: It's it's daunting the first time you get in. So I left Amy and the cameraman with the cameraman again, get his name. He's a gentleman, though, And I said, well, I'll go to the couple's massage. You guys just drive the car and film it.
Speaker 2: Do what you need to do. Already they're thinking, what the hell, it's just a Friday afternoon. What do you mean about slipping couple's massage something they did to get it on every Friday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Then you call me when you finished with the car, Call me and I can lock it from the app. Put the keys inside the car. Well, the keys actually a little credit card thing. Futuristic again. Put that in the glove box. Call me, I'll lock the car from the app. Will all be good? Yeah, only problem is while they're filming, I'm waiting in the foyer. Of the wellness center for the couple's massage. Times ticking. I'm about to go into my massage. I don't I can't have my phone on me to lock the car while I'm face down in that thing. So I had to call them and tell them that the time was up for filming the ABC story.
Speaker 2: Bold Doug the name is came out.
Speaker 3: Just set it up action, you know, I said, times up runs?
Speaker 2: Why can't we? Doesn't really bother you? And I'm I'm a massage facing that little thing. You know, it's a couple's massage. For this the ABC your just too much drama going on.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to do the favor to the A b C. I get no incentive for me to do that except a footage for their story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sad thing is the story is not on for a couple of weeks because they have to wait for a judge to give them permission to run the story. Okay, something to do with the scammers.
Speaker 2: And the documentary at the making office be roll footage. How did the couple's mass on scut because I don't think they ever really work. If you had one with Chris Patsy, yeah.
Speaker 4: I have, and he always goes to sleep in snows.
Speaker 3: Fell asleep straight away, and then Pianka told me when I woke up, I was the car was safe.
Speaker 2: You can have a nice big snooze.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today, My friends, it is Thank a Baker Day. Do you guys have a local baker that you can stop in after the show today and please thank them for baking?
Speaker 3: I will?
Speaker 2: Who is that? Then? Oh?
Speaker 3: I guess the Baker's Delight near my house.
Speaker 2: Is the one I go to. I'm going to the bakery. What would you like?
Speaker 3: I'll have a cheesy might scroll.
Speaker 4: Oh, Patsy, I'll have a high team, but it's going to be burnt on the top. You know the old heighting bridge.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I love? An Claire? Yes? Proper cream? Ohay. The French Revolution was started over bread. Did you know that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I did not? Yes. A wave of diviner riots over bread prices, known as the Flower War, gripped the country in seventeen seventy five and snowboard into a movement that became the French Revolution. Staying with France, Rio Siste obviously found some facts about French baking. Nice to have today, in Australia. In France by Laura, bakery has to make all the bread itsells from scratch in order to have the right to be called that Bacai.
Speaker 3: Did you add that last bird of flick?
Speaker 2: Maybe? All right? So how do we thank a baker by making Baker movies? All right? Baker movies? You say on thank you Baker Day. Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollow Jam donut silver forget it, slice pans labyrinth mm silver for catsire me if you can. Plus, dude, where's my crust?
Speaker 3: Bronze?
Speaker 2: Forget him? To the Greek gold dow we go, not a digging to get that gold? Jackie boy, what have you got for Baker movies?
Speaker 3: Loafi's choice?
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: Gold, my own private sour dough.
Speaker 2: That's good. Also gold, gluten.
Speaker 3: Free, Willy gluten free, Willy the big Whale. He don'tike the gluten. It gives his tummy rumble. Bronze weekend at Brumbies.
Speaker 2: Oh very good. Now I know where you ask Hi about Brumbies earlier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gold and savoring private rye bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Too many types of bread here, too many types of bread now.
Speaker 3: Gluten free, but he's savoring it.
Speaker 2: Bron Plonde un Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast Morning on thank of Baker Day. We're looking for your bakery movies.
Speaker 3: You guys need a lot of toast.
Speaker 2: What is it about the simple joy of toast?
Speaker 3: I think it's my most eating food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love t I even have some moreful going to ben to help me go to sleep a little. Tommy had some last night with some jam. What sort I had? Strawberry and apple. The neighbor next door made it. Really, it's actually very very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crunched his own apples and everything, like, how do you how do you.
Speaker 2: Shoo them them jam? That's so cute. All these years ahead of the jam years and went into the old jam hes You ever made homemade jam?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Never, Oh so moment in a man's life to make jam? All right, what do we do?
Speaker 3: Bakery movies?
Speaker 2: Such a alright weekend at Baker's. It's okay, Silver, It's okay, it's okay. Emma Beauty in the East and Nikola Buns with Dick and Jane. Plus. Yeah, that's very good. Chris, well done, Rocket Flan, Silver Men who stare at loaves silver, men who stare at it's becoming the new Armageddon. It's very busy, glazed and confused silver plus spilly Jean, I'm a bread and gold, very good, Emma. Scrolls on a plane silver, lockstock and smoking baguettes.
Speaker 3: Bronze top bun silver, risky biscuits gold.
Speaker 2: I love that. I hope there's a business somewhere called risky biscuits thin, red line gold. Michael, what do you mean? Dough pre good attempt silver, No name on that, Please put your name on them when you text them. But well done, six oh seven, shitty chitty bun bun silver, We brought a strudle gold and Daniel shorn of the bread silver, white men can't pumpernickel silver plus to sour dough with love silver grain, Terrino go Clint Eastwood having a roll at the front of that house. Nung's on the bun gold, dances with loaves gold plus Leroy, well done, very good dancers with loaves. That's brilliant. The scroll nine yards silver. The devil wears Pavlova fronz and we should have ended with dances with lows from Leroy. Why do they go back in for any more. All Right, title of today's show is Making People Snails Team. Thank you very much. We see you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast