Speaker 1: At nine am on a Tuesday and you're working on an important project and decide to use Jenai for some help. But what if I told you that relying on just one Jenai is like asking just one single expert for advice when you can have an entire panel of specialists. For the last two years, I've been using jeni daily, and one of the biggest game changes has been treating AI like a think tank rather than a single assistant. Different AI models have unique strengths, and by strategically combining them, you can dramatically enhance the quality of your work. And that's what today's episode is all about. I am joined by Inventium's resident AI expert, Neo Afflin to unpack how you can leave ridge multiple Genai tools to turn them into your personal advisory board. So whether you're writing, strategizing, or problem solving, this approach could completely transform the way you use Genai. Just quickly before we get into today's episode, if you want to go DeFi and learn how to work with AI instead of worrying about being replaced by it, I have something that I think you will love, but my consultancy you invent him. We've created the Jenai productivity system. It's a self paced online course designed to help you boost productivity and save literally hours every week by using Jenai a whole lot smarter. In just a few hours, you'll go from Jenai dabbler to Jenai expert with practical tools you can start using immediately. Head to inventium dot com dot au forward slash Jnai to check it out and get started today. Welcome to How I Work, a show about habits, rituals, and strategies for optimizing your day. I'm your host, doctor Amantha imber So. A lot of people out there just rely on one NAI tool like Copilot or chat GPT. I'm curious as to why you think that might actually limit the results that someone is getting from the Genai.
Speaker 2: The first thing I'd say to that is the Genais are brilliant, and you're getting great results out of a lot of these different Genais. So take this as a next level thing. But you'll find that each of the Ai tools have their own abilities, and some of them are better at certain things than others, and so using more than one Genai tool will give you more than one perspective.
Speaker 1: I know that something that you do a lot of is using multiple genais as a feedback loop. Can you tell me a bit more about what you're doing here.
Speaker 2: When I'm writing something, or I'm doing deep analysis, or I'm working with a client on something, then I want to get the best result. And so what I'm doing is I'm working deeply with one GENAI to get one perspective, and generally it's more about industry knowledge or structure or problem solving or which things could be included. And then I'll do exactly the same work on a completely different GENAI. So I might use chat GPT for one of them, and then I'll go to Claude and do the same amount of work on Claude and get Claude's perspective. And what I'll find is Claude will come up with things that chat TIPT may not.
Speaker 1: Do you remember what inspired you to take this approach in the first place.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's because I'm a bit of a GENAI geek and I want to just try all the different genis. But what I found is that going to each of them gives me a different perspective, not just on knowledge. By the way, I will say this on language. Going to one, from one to the other, you might find better ways to phrase a sentence or phrase a paragraph, So it's same principles apply even with writing.
Speaker 1: It's great. I've heard you compare using multiple genais to having a room full of expert consultants. Could you just expand on what you mean by that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's almost like having two rooms. Like you've got one room of consultants because you've got to CHATCHAPT and then get a completely different room of consultants with Claude or with Gemini or any of the others, because they've got different ways that they've absorbed their knowledge and different ways that they kind of work through that knowledge. So you get two different sets of opinions back, which I love.
Speaker 1: Now. I've heard you say that different GENAI models have different strengths and weaknesses, and I imagine that people listening have their favorite, or they go to one or maybe the one the only one that they're not blocked from using at their workplace. I would love to know if you could briefly break down with the major genais that people are using, which what like, what are the things that each one is particularly good at.
Speaker 2: So let's start with a big granddaddy CHATCHPT, which is great for analysis logic general, it's an awesome everyday workhorse, fantastic for that. It's also got very good logic tools if you want to use the one and the three models. So if you need analysis and maths and stuff like that, brilliant for that. If you're a writer, go for Claude. Claude just out of the box, sounds a lot more like a human than an AI and I'm particularly impressed what they do on safety as well. So with writing, they're just great. Also with coding, it does coding and development problems a lot better than others. Gemini, I've got to say, is really impressed me. They've come up with a Google Gemini. They've come up with a lot more, more tools, better, better models. It's not perfect yet, but don't discount googling this one. This race is going to be hotly contested and Google's going to be up there with everyone. So have a play with that at the moment that it's free, so definitely jump in and have a dive. Copilot is excellent for the workforce. I personally don't find it as user friendly as chat GPT, but the way it locks down for your workforce is And then do have a play with the others as well. They're also good fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, so can you walk me through a real world example of using multiple genais to improve a piece of work? And I'm thinking, let's say I do a lot of business development work and part of my role, so creating a sales proposal is something that I do a lot of. So how would you recommend that I do that better?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do it in two chunks. One is the structure and pitch and what you're trying to put together. I'd work with say, chat YOURPT first, and then say how should I structure it. Here's my goals, here's my customers, ask questions and have a discussion with it, and then totally separate to that. Do the same thing in claude and then you'll get a structure. Once you've got that, you've then got two opinions on what you should cover, and then you've then built yourself out of the two structure you want and the goals and kind of points you want to cover. Once you've got that, do the same thing with the actual writing. So say here's a couple of paragraphs, let's flesh that out together. Do that with chat GPT, and then do it with Claude and you'll see you'll get two different results.
Speaker 1: What are some other key factors that we might need to consider when structuring a MULTIAI feedback loop.
Speaker 2: Well, first off, don't overcope complicate it. Not every problem needs to go to two different ais. But I would use it less about the writing. It's more about the ideas. So if you've got a complex thing you're not quite sure about the ideas or the structure of a document or some kind of analysis paper or a pitch deck or something like that, these are the great things to go do for two opinions. They're analysis or thinking deeply through things, structure of documents, kind of what's right or wrong, pros and cons. Those kind of things are brilliant to do the two model approach. If you're doing just say writing, it's probably not as appropriate or not as needed to go to the two ais. But yeah, ideas constructs, those kind of things brilliant.
Speaker 1: Is there a point of diminishing returns, like when you should just stop it with all the genais and just go okay, we're done here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And I'm guilty of trying them out because I enjoy trying them out, But I think for most people, yeah, I think just only a few times that you would need to particularly on those deep problem solving things, and don't need to do it all the time. But if you've got those problems solving things, it's a really powerful tool.
Speaker 1: Okay. So for someone listening today who wants to get in and start trying this immediately, what is the easiest way to get started?
Speaker 2: First off, sign up to the different tools, sign up to Claude, chat, EPG, Gemini, try it the others if you'd like, and then just play with them and see the different opinions. You get back on some of the problems you're solving, and then you might find that certain tools are better for certain problems.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Neo. I'm feeling very inspire to use this strategy today. Thank you so much. If you're keen to learn even more Genai tricks and hacks, check out Inventium's Jenai Productivity System. It's a self faced course to transform you from a Jenai dabbler to jenaipro in just a few hours. Head to inventium dot com dot au forward slash Jenai to check it out and get started today. If you like today's show, make sure you hit follow on your podcast app to be alerted when new episodes drop. How I Work was recorded on the traditional land of the Warringery people, part of the Cooler Nation. A big thank you to Martin Nimber for doing the sound mix.