Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Thursday, the tenth of August. Let's be a reminder to all of you please send us voice notes. I love hearing disparate voices in the show. Believe it or not, it does get quite jarring having to listen to your own voice at nauseum when you know it is my favorite podcast. I do listen to this back. I'm in the trenches through.
Speaker 1: The rest of you, your top one percent listener.
Speaker 2: Honestly, when the rap comes out, this is really I'm like, I hope no one's on around.
Speaker 1: No one's around when I get the notification.
Speaker 2: Today we can talk about though. Can you ask your parents for money when you're our age?
Speaker 1: It's a whole one.
Speaker 2: You're with Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 1: Let's go, mummay can I listen to Flex and Rooms Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: I'm kita.
Speaker 3: Is it okay for me to be asking your parents for money in your twenties?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I knew it. I knew this was your culture. It spooks me.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say you people, because that comes across derogatory. Are you talking late twenties I'm being No.
Speaker 1: You're not being a contrarian. No, you're offencitting. Actually your culture, you would.
Speaker 2: No, I actually haven't asked my parents for money in at least given you money, gifted you money. It's been some birthday presents. Absolutely a couple hundred here and there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I only ask because I've spent some time in the refinery twenty nine money diaries, which I don't know why people do this to themselves.
Speaker 1: I just feel like.
Speaker 3: We're being too forthcoming and not even with the information that matters. This chick, she says, she's thirty four years old, married, She owns an e commerce business, and she makes five hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. Her partner also makes five hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year, and up until the age of twenty eight, she received passive income SLIGH from her mum, who would send her five thousand dollars a month USD to cover her rent and other expenses. Until twenty eight. You didn't even see the problem with.
Speaker 2: It, honestly, life, It's just like this is solature strip feeding.
Speaker 1: They're drink feeding the inheritance. This is madness.
Speaker 3: Why one of the concerns with living in Australia, being born and in Australia but having another predominant culture is that I forget that not everybody oscillates between the two. I can look at Australian culture and see it as like I'm watching a movie in Australian culture. This sounds very normal and commonplace for a person in their twenties to still be interacting with their parents like they're a child. As opposed to you, as the person in your twenties giving your parents a little something to touch, the size, a little pocket money here and there.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't know anything about it, would you? Absolutely not insane? What else do people do?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 1: More about your culture?
Speaker 3: I can't believe it. And then this person goes on to say additionally, over the past few years, mind you, if she stopped receiving the five K at twenty eight, she's now thirty four, that's six years of being on her own. She says additionally, over the past few years, I've received three hundred and seventy thousand dollars from my mum as a gift, of course, and ten K from my dad as a gift. My grandma also gifted me and my sister a house.
Speaker 2: I say, like point, why work honesty is the best policy here.
Speaker 3: My issue fundamentally is if you're getting this much money and gifts, just rest because I feel like it's your ego that's saying I need to prove that I'm worthwhile of having this extra money by working and showing you that I can make more.
Speaker 1: Don't even worry about it by relax. Life is for living.
Speaker 3: I figured out how we're all going to live forever, or at least far longer than we've anticipated. It does involve moving, however, I think that's a small price to pay for immortality or something close to.
Speaker 1: We have to move to a blues Z.
Speaker 3: I know what you're thinking. It's not aliens, it's not extraterrestrial. They're just areas, and people who live there consistently live the longest on average. They have the highest concentration of people over one hundred years old, and they also have really high amounts of people who've reached this age without health complications like cancer and diabetes and heart disease. Okay, I feel like we got to go their asap. And I've been having this sensation of needing to get on the tools recently, you know, really like become put my Jesus hat on and be a carpenter. I just think I'm getting to that point.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: There are only five known blue zones in the entire world. If you're living in Sydney thinking that this will be enough to live, ever, it's not going to be enough.
Speaker 1: We have to move. Tama Cemetery is coming for you, bab. Literally.
Speaker 3: We've got Ikaria in Greece, We've got the ole Astro region in Sardinia, Italy, Okinawa, Japan, the Low Melinda region in California, and the Nicola Peninsula in Costa Rica. All right, Greece, Costa Rica, Sardinia, Japan or California. Now they figured out some common threads between all of these five places which will help us figure out if we can't move, but I think we should move, how we can replicate their lifestyle at home. The common links include they all come from these really deeply community centered cultures. Hanging out with your girlies, with your boy bosses, it's part of your culture.
Speaker 1: You do it every day. You're connected.
Speaker 3: And they've been saying that being lonely can reduce your life up to fifteen years. You can't afford it, But you can't afford it. Giggling with the girlies needs to be a vocation. Also, the big one that you're not gonna like to hear the majority of their diets are whole food and ninety five percent or more plant based. I know it's going to be a big one is get off the Coca colas, get off the Allen's lollies. They're saying, I don't know if I personally can. I'll find another way. You, on the other hand, you need to.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 3: Also, they say that being active and outside is part of their everyday lives. And so while we in certain countries, you know, get a committed to go to the gym or like organized sport, very active ways of getting near it, these places, blue zones generally have more passive ways of incorporating exercise, like walking and gardening, raising animals, things like that, being part of the community. This makes me excited. I feel like the older I get, the more I'm reckoning with the idea that things that work work, and we're not unique for living lives that don't work for us, Like it was never gonna work for us to be living these twelve hour work days, four hours of sleep, trying to one hundred.
Speaker 1: It was never going to be us.
Speaker 3: If we want to live forever, if we want to have amazing lives, we have to take hectic measures. I don't know if we're there yet, but I am thinking of starting a cult so I could lead the way.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the spirit, babe. Yeah, I can tell you more about that tomorrow. You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kata.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon a mobile Pokemon game could make you a better sleeper?
Speaker 1: Do you really think?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: This is how you know there's something. I'm going to tech industry.
Speaker 3: They said there's not enough money in gaming, there's not enough money in health, but there is enough money in sleep tracking, and we need to get into that. Frey mentioned earlier the Pokemon go era. Where were you when you were chasing little Pokemon through your phone?
Speaker 2: Do you know where I was? I was living in Melbourne at the time, but I was on a trip for Sydney. May. My two friends went walked all the way to Sydney Harbor Bridge. People everywhere May I've never seen them many people.
Speaker 3: I love pandemonium, which is why I'm quite excited about this Barbie and Matilda's height, because it's interesting to see everyone get excited about a singular thing. The enthusiasm is amazing. But this I'm kind of funny about. Like we've said before, most things have a sinister core and we just need to find it. So I did some googling and came across the this new app called Pokemon's Sleep. I went on their website and everything. I was like, what it is about. They've basically said, if you struggle to get energized in the morning, all your same old bedtime routine has growing tiresome, you can turn your sleep into entertainment with Pokemon Sleep.
Speaker 1: Playing. The game is simple.
Speaker 3: All you do is place your smartphone by your pillow, then you go to sleep.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: The longer you sleep, the higher your sleep score in the morning. I said, this is nonsense, but we do a bit of a grab for you to listen to. I'm not going to be the salesman for this. I might not even try it, but I think it's important you hear it from the horse's mouth.
Speaker 4: Before we went to sleep. Every night, you set your alarm time, then place the pluggin phone screen down, resting on your bed. The game will then track all the movements and noses you make in the nights and combine that with the moment you wake up to anallows the quality and type of your sleep. You get a detailed breakdown of your sleep, alongside a series of audio recordings which you can expect to be loud snores and about to sleep talking. You'll also right the quality of your sleep out of ninety five and the type of sleep you had, ranging from dozing, snoozing, and slumbering.
Speaker 2: That voice danger, I mean, I'm suspicious, and I don't like being suspicious.
Speaker 1: But are you telling me this is the future?
Speaker 3: I will say though, When I was doing some additional research with this, because it's a very new game, it's only been out for like a couple of days now, so there's not many articles or reviews, and those that exist are giving you peat codes on how to play the game better.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: But there was this ABC audio excerpt that was saying that sleep therapists everywhere saying that this is an amazing innovation. I didn't want to listen to it, though I had my own agenda.
Speaker 1: Listen, I am I gonna try. I think I might have to.
Speaker 3: What is getting me though, is that Pokemon has cracked the code of keeping your user time up because if you have to keep the app open while you sleep, that's eight hours of user retention time. And then when you wake up and you start playing the game based on your sleep, people are going to be tuned in and then building it into someone's routine.
Speaker 2: That's how you really make money, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Literally anyway, maybe I'll try it, maybe I won't, but if I do, I let you know, of course.
Speaker 2: Flex mummy, I have a small ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, long back, we were having this conversation. Yeah, yeah, a little while ago.
Speaker 2: I was ashamed, some would say, but I mean in my stride, took it in my stride. So I have been quite interested in my own behind for a long time, mainly because I can't see it, and the one time I can see it is in the day with Jones change room, which is really not doing me any favors. I've always wondered my ass, like, it's not that I have nothing down there, it's just that it's very flat on the side, and also at the back it's kind of curved under a frog like appearance of the ass. So when anyone gives me an ass based compliment, I'm clocking because I know it's a lie.
Speaker 1: Why why?
Speaker 2: Why have I never been able to understand that whatever weight I am, the ass is really small, because that shouldn't make sense, right, fat is evenly distributed, you'd think, is No, it's not.
Speaker 1: And apparently evenly distributed, you'd think, I say.
Speaker 2: It turns out that I flex mummy have a low crack.
Speaker 1: Someone brought this up on Instagram and I had to bring in here. So the question is there's a low crack equal small?
Speaker 2: But I thought so.
Speaker 3: But then on my Instagram someone was like, yo, Beyonce, I got.
Speaker 1: A short butt crack.
Speaker 3: I thought that when I saw the Crazy and Love video, so I pulled it up.
Speaker 1: Then got a small bull.
Speaker 2: Crack, and she got and she got a whole thing at the back.
Speaker 1: She goes on to say, yeah, see.
Speaker 3: I disagree with what you're coming to the table with. And I'm not here to tell you what your body is or isn't. But I have had a look in my time, and I too have had my own experience with trying to observe what my bum is because I too don't have a bum. I've got a crazy arch and a shelf which gives the appearance of a bum.
Speaker 2: Please explain it to that.
Speaker 1: So, okay, we all know what an arch is.
Speaker 3: So my lower back gives the appearance and it's going almost like a ski slope into a huge bum. It's wide, but a very low crack. You have a low crack, no shelf like Beyonce. I don't know why you brought in that that comparison. You tried it.
Speaker 1: It's your long back and then of course low crack.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if you've ever wondered why is it that my ass is so small? And yeah, I can't quite put my finger on it, how to look at where your cracks position? Because my crack I don't want to get graphic, but the front crack is quite tall. It's like the crack like someone's cut me in the Jesus.
Speaker 1: In the God mat correct who made me? I wasn't named darwit.
Speaker 2: Because he was getting to the end of the production line. He says, I'm gonna stip without even looking.
Speaker 1: Why is the crack?
Speaker 2: This is my body from the side on. You assume bum cracking down to a little front crack. Mine goes boom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much for sharing. That's really brave.
Speaker 2: Duncan from the content team of ARN said, make sure you share some personal things, ladies, the on ince will really feel rely resonate with this.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast For more, Tune in de cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.