Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Will be driving down the street one day and saw this old meat safe show.
Speaker 3: I said, in your cup was blue la Yeah, yeah, three kisses and damn you smell good.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four by three.
Speaker 5: Goome on in Thursday morning, Welcome to the show. Good on in, Patsy, Monny, come on in, Jack, Hey, Patsy.
Speaker 3: How was Joseph and the amazing technical dream Coat?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 2: It was great? We went last night. It was the Melbourne premiere at the Regent Theater and it was amazing. I've never seen the production before.
Speaker 5: What Joseph?
Speaker 2: No, never never.
Speaker 3: I s tried to crawl for a couple of hours earlier because I knew it was his opening night and he was so nervous.
Speaker 5: Oh was he? He was unrecognizable Crawf. He was like, I.
Speaker 3: Said, you're so nervous because god, crap myself.
Speaker 2: Ah, you wouldn't have thought so.
Speaker 3: I know. He's just a Crawf. Is a natural exuberant performer, isn't he?
Speaker 5: I better? He smashed it last night.
Speaker 2: It was just he's great. He's Crawf. He's just got this natural magnetic likeness to the guy, like he's just that Larry Can And he was just crawl up there on the stage.
Speaker 5: I was so thrilled for How was his voice?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 2: It was great? It was great. It was Crawf.
Speaker 3: It was Crael I thought, I really know how Yeah, I mean if a poster it says, you know, Patrina Jones showers editor at Gold and all it says is it's craw his name's on the poster.
Speaker 2: No, well, obviously singing's not his fort.
Speaker 5: It's back insult. You know when you go, how's Mark? You know Marks, it's a shorthand for giant.
Speaker 7: A whole.
Speaker 5: Mark Mark.
Speaker 2: He did a great job.
Speaker 5: Awesome. And what was the what's the actual show? I've never seen Joseph.
Speaker 2: It's about It's about the Bible. It's about the Testaments.
Speaker 3: I thought it was about his jacket.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, but it's also in the Bible. Is the story in the in Genesis loosely sort of.
Speaker 6: Around that it's the technicalolor dreamcoat in the Bible.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure it is.
Speaker 3: Rio's putting his head up in the air. What's it about.
Speaker 8: It's about Joseph, who's the son of Jacob and he's got this amazing technicolor dream card. I think it's just loosely about the Bible.
Speaker 2: You know, like there's a reference in Genesis to it, I think.
Speaker 6: But is that all you got from it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. No, but the singing was amazing.
Speaker 3: It cut him down the middle one hundred percent. Crawth that's what you're going to find that, you know what.
Speaker 2: Though I was blinded, I couldn't Caitlyn producer. Kaitlyn came with me. We were kind of couldn't see that well to the stage because Huggy wore this amazing the dress code dream.
Speaker 5: He often does this burger juice down in front of it.
Speaker 2: I have a look on his Instagram.
Speaker 5: It's like, thank you that is that's a cold show.
Speaker 2: It's the TV diss Batton, you know, the TV test pack at the end of the night, and we wade into a suit into a suit jacket.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you know, hu.
Speaker 9: Hug.
Speaker 3: And so, did you go up for dinner Beforehanwer're producing?
Speaker 2: No, we didn't have time. We didn't have time. So I drove in from Werriby to Caitlin's place and then Caitlin drove us to the theater.
Speaker 3: Why the transfer of cars is so complicated.
Speaker 2: Well, no, she's got a little buzz box which was easy to get in and zip around the city.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm familiar with that brand of car. I look forward to doing a live read and that's kind of weeks for the buzz box.
Speaker 2: So that's how we did a bit yeah driving me guess in mate, Wow, really we don't pay attention to speed limits or red lights apparently, what do you mean?
Speaker 10: On the way lead foot like.
Speaker 3: This this she's always bouncing up and down. You know, she has had a workout, like the last two hours. There's a lot of entergy. She thinks she's doing so sort of work out marching or you know, zumba or something on that pedal on.
Speaker 2: The way back from the theater, going through this abta grid and I'm like, yeah this mate, this light's read. Yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 3: She's just like have to turn another this light's red.
Speaker 5: What the hell are you looking at?
Speaker 3: Reading the program notes from the other cast members.
Speaker 2: Go Caitlyn, it's Caitlin. That was a red light.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're telling your kids that when they're learning to drive.
Speaker 6: That's what it was like, you reckon because their partner's a cop. She feels like she will get away with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she goes nice, She'll be right like Kitlins a red light.
Speaker 3: It's this dangerous ground. We've said too much song.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast, so it.
Speaker 3: Is great the start of any three hour radio show. Di vidal wedge between the presenters and the producing team. There's a nice uneasy tension that Patsy, you've brought to the show.
Speaker 2: Now, well done, Thanks, I am to please.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is.
Speaker 3: Going on with your video that you're making for Instagram and the reels.
Speaker 6: The police uniforms I need and thank you. Patsy put me in touch with the actual film and TV department at VIC.
Speaker 3: Pole, who knew they actually had one.
Speaker 6: They do, they hire out uniforms. But you've got to submit. You had to submit my script for what I wanted the sketch to be kidding and then they reviewed it. This is what they've come back with, Good Morning Jack. We have discussed the intended skits and viewed a few of your Instagram videos to get a feel for your comedy.
Speaker 3: This has gone to the VIC Police for crimes against comedy. You're lucky don't get several running life sentences.
Speaker 6: While certainly lighthearted fun, we need to view it from the Chief Commissioner's perspective.
Speaker 3: It's gone to the chief in everything he's got to deal with right now, just in an average hour.
Speaker 5: He need you to call us up on the reels.
Speaker 6: I need to watch this sketch. We need to view it from the Chief commissioner's perspective. In this case, he wouldn't be happy with our uniforms being used for this type of comedy fun.
Speaker 3: What is the skits? Is it really extreme?
Speaker 6: No, it's not extreme at all.
Speaker 5: It's just But why is the chief upset? I don't know like I know it now.
Speaker 3: Why is the Chief Commissioner of VIC Police potentially upset by that?
Speaker 6: I guess because I'll be playing one of the police officers in the sketch And.
Speaker 5: Are you sort of you know, lolling around and falling on a banana?
Speaker 6: So the goofball character.
Speaker 5: Eight six is it Poky's humor? Chief?
Speaker 3: Give them the polis. It's come back around with the new heir apparent, Jack Post. So I couldn't get the gooseball Chief. He's a goofball, you know, good lovable Goofball. I couldn't get the chief official VIC pole uniforms.
Speaker 6: But then I found a website called Warick's Firearms and Militaria. Reply from Warwick they and they do in the South they do replicas of VIC Police New South Wales Police.
Speaker 3: Or doesn't even sound like it's legit.
Speaker 6: That's what he said, Hey Jack, I'm sorry, we cannot supply VIC police uniforms for online videos. Has to be a real TV production.
Speaker 3: He's obviously got word from the chief. The Chief is going ag if that goofball calls you say no.
Speaker 6: He says, we can though supply supply you with New York police outfits.
Speaker 5: Just nothing the Keystone Cops kind of comedy.
Speaker 6: Now, So I guess get ready for some New York Police Department humor on its way.
Speaker 3: The Christian Connell Show podcast, So a couple days ago, we're asking to call us up to us how old you are and what have you never done in your adult life so far?
Speaker 11: I'm eighty one years old and I've never had pizza and I've never had lasagna. I only one type of cheese on frightened. If I had them, they'll have some cheese on them.
Speaker 12: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: So that is Pam. Pam is going to have an amazing morning. Pam's going to have pizza for the first time. Now. I try to sell the concept of pizza to Pam a couple of days ago, and I said, you know, the tomato bass and just put your cheese on. She was like, no, no, no, no, no no, I don't want any tomato based I just want cheese on it. And she's only ever had one type of cheese, right, and that is baga, strong and bite.
Speaker 5: So the pizza is.
Speaker 3: Being made this morning just for Pam. She's going to try it live on air, which just so I guess it says pizza dough and strong and bite cheese, end of pizza.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 3: And it's a very unique kind of cheese making. It is one of the best pizza makers in the world. Johnny from Grady four hundred is opening up early this morning, firing up the pizza off and very very early to make the most basic pizza. Almost rude asking a man like that to say, it's like asking Michelangelo just dre a quick cartoon drawing of your dog. But anyway, he's making this Pam's first pizza.
Speaker 5: How lucky is she?
Speaker 3: Imagine if Johnny made our first pizza, you know, your own bespoke pizza. So he's going to open up is because obviously he's got pizza shops all over Melbourne. She's got one in Eastland that he's opening up very early this morning. With fact, he's just sent us a photo. He's got the Strong and Bite cheese. It looks like is it a block caitline or is it the slices? What's he going?
Speaker 2: He's got the slices ready to go, and he's the guy that knows everything, so I'll leave it to him.
Speaker 3: By the way, that isn't a sound effect on their microphone to make it at night they're out somewhere else.
Speaker 5: That actually is their microphone.
Speaker 6: Raining in this She is literally less than two meters away from are.
Speaker 3: Held together with elastic bands and gaffer tape. I honestly we need to get an upgrade from Harvey Norman.
Speaker 5: Let's just look twenty grounds not of money.
Speaker 3: Maybe keep a couple back guys for ourselves. So Rio is going to be delivering this pizza, so real, where do you go from Johnny's?
Speaker 5: You're going to take the pizza, The Strong and Bity to pan Where is.
Speaker 8: Pam PAMs in Bayswater right, okay?
Speaker 3: And how long is the trip? So Rio is going to be covering this live for us on the show this morning.
Speaker 8: From here, it's a total trip of about half an hour. But from the pizza place to Pems, I believe it's a nine minute drive.
Speaker 6: That's what's important because we wanted to get it as warm as possible.
Speaker 3: It's got to be as warm as Puss. There's nothing worse when pizza's got. This is the first pizza she's ever going to try. Also, once you've got the pizza right the show, so you can tell that's your exact route and then we can urge everyone to pull over. Yes, so you're gonna be in the black Thunder.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: I haven't dune in Melbourne in maybe three or four years as well, so I don't know.
Speaker 11: If that's well.
Speaker 5: I think you are old lead foot, so we'll go with you.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Trying to find out what is this morning's theme for the Naked Hour?
Speaker 6: Oh Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour on Nick.
Speaker 13: Nick Nig Nick Nick Nig Naked Our Naked Hour oh, nick nig, nig, nick nig, naked our ny get our.
Speaker 3: Every Thursday week, clear all the songs. We give you the theme.
Speaker 5: You pick all the.
Speaker 3: Songs and then we play them from seven to eight. The theme this morning is songs with boys' names in the title on nine four one four, one oh four three, Patsy, what are you offering now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna offer up today, Rick Springfield Jesse's Girl.
Speaker 12: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I love that song?
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 3: I now always see Huggy doing it the last show of the Smashing as She's doing a good voice.
Speaker 2: Right he did you know originally it was going to be Gary's Girl? No, it was out of it. It was you know. How he wrote that song. He was in a stained glass workshop apparently, and one of his mates, Gary had a new girlfriend and he had the hots for her. And when he wrote it he was going to call it Gary's Girl. He thought, Nah, that doesn't sound right, does It.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't be the same.
Speaker 6: It would great choice by him, creative choice to not go Gary Sage.
Speaker 5: Girl, Garry's Girl. No one's singing Gary's Girl.
Speaker 3: Twenty thirty years later, all right, Chuck you by, where are you go, and then a song with a boy's name of the title.
Speaker 6: I'll go the Weezer song Buddy Holly Great Chow.
Speaker 5: Is a great band, really really good bands.
Speaker 6: This has such a cool video clip as well, filmed in Arnold Steiner from Happy Days. The fons is dancing in it.
Speaker 5: Very very cool video.
Speaker 3: I've gone with this jump in Jack Flash from the Stones, all right over June now, then songs and boys' names in the title nine four one four one o four three. What shall we spend this morning from seven o'clock?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're looking for a whole hour's worth of music from seven o'clock only songs with a boy's name in the title. Someone on text who hasn't put the name on it.
Speaker 5: No wonder if we do not need first name Joe, surname Cottony. We didn't need this first summer out. No will not be played.
Speaker 6: That's a guilty post for me.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go to Jared. Good morning, Jared, Good morning, How are you? I'm good Jared.
Speaker 3: So, what's the song with a great song we could play this morning with a boy's name of the title.
Speaker 12: Trying band Errol.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, great cool, great band.
Speaker 5: This is an awesome song as well. Jared, thank you very much so your suggestion.
Speaker 3: Have a good day matey bye bye, and let's try Christine.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christine, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're busy, got a lot going on there and he managed to squeeze in the.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 3: You've got to get the cup of tea first, then call me. Now, what's the song? What would you like to hear?
Speaker 11: Billy don't be a hero?
Speaker 3: Is that paper lace?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: This is going back to what like the seventies?
Speaker 15: Tell you didn't he be telling you to the seventies?
Speaker 5: The sounds open brag you from Calvin Harris.
Speaker 3: I mean our bosses are way at the moment. It's only said that ac DC can be polarized and nothing about paper lace. All right, Christine, I leave you see cup of tea. Thanks for coming mate, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Have good days.
Speaker 5: Mark, good morning, Good morning, Christian?
Speaker 16: How am I.
Speaker 5: I'm good Mate're having a good week so far?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 16: Yeah, not too bad mate, kicking away at work?
Speaker 5: And what's the song for us?
Speaker 16: Be good? Johnny? Men at work, Johnny Ones.
Speaker 3: They saw Chuck's berry so it'sn't there, Mark, this is great when they saw the Chuck Berry song, don't.
Speaker 5: Worry about the Martin. You're not going on a work Mark, Thank you very much. You call this is Flick, Christian.
Speaker 11: How are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Flick.
Speaker 3: And this song that you're about to suggest is blowing young Jack posts mind. He always thought was written about a woman who's literally going to be just now. I didn't know that Tony Basil's Hey Mickey is about a guy.
Speaker 12: It is, Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, great eighty song. This isn't it? Of course? Did you know it's about boy the boys Patsy.
Speaker 2: No, I had absolutely no clue, Jack said.
Speaker 5: His mind, going this one.
Speaker 11: Well, I've taught you something now, guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks Flick, all right, Flick, have a good day, good day, see by Simon. What's your song?
Speaker 12: There go?
Speaker 17: There?
Speaker 5: You going good? Simon? What's your song for us this morning?
Speaker 12: What about the.
Speaker 17: Iconic Jack and Diane Jackson?
Speaker 5: Good song? Thank you very much, Simon. Let's go to Natasha. Good morning, Natasha, good morning. What song would you like to hear?
Speaker 12: Midas Touch.
Speaker 3: Midus? Is it King King Midas? What does Minus touch who did mine?
Speaker 5: Is touch? Is it calling the gang or someone like that?
Speaker 7: What a chune?
Speaker 3: I haven't heard there's some school discos back in the day.
Speaker 5: Brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian know Carl's Show podcast this morning.
Speaker 3: It's a whole hour of songs of boys' names. In the title Tony basilll kicking off with Mickey five minutes past seven.
Speaker 6: I can't believe I thought that was a bit about a girl because she actually says it's guys like you.
Speaker 3: Yes, How can your mind be blowing as a girl on today's show that in an hour's time. What a moment it's going to be for eighty one year old Pam. She's never had a pizza before. She's having a first pizza just Afterraty this morning, cooked by than one of the best pizza makers certainly in Australia and the world, Johnny from Grandi four hundred. He's from Bring up the Pizza Oven early this morning out at Eastland where it's about seven minute drive. Rio producer Rio is going to be taking it there. This very auspicious journey with this pizza. Now, when I say pizza, it's a pizza bass So it's got pizza dough and then top no tomato likely to traditionally have your tomato sauce. None of that, just baga cheese because eighty one your palm only has that tup of cheese bagas strong and bite as well. So end of pizza. There's nothing else that's it. So I mean Michael has texting Christian. That's not pizza. That's cheese on bread, pizza base. It is a pizza of types. So that's eighty not this morning before that. We're into the last stretch. Now you got until midnight tonight to try and win the twenty thousand dollars. Harvey Norman upgrade your home entertainment system. Serenade fro an upgrade.
Speaker 10: Tell me w what missing from your man case? Kill me wa ma ldroom needs to be.
Speaker 17: Kill me?
Speaker 10: Wh I really wanna he see one ten upgrade each day.
Speaker 5: There we've been going through your entries.
Speaker 3: I feel like after the show, my whole life is just being in a karaoke bar hearing and hearing some weird, wonderful and I'll be honest, terrible singers. But thank you to everyone who's taking the time to write the songs record them on your phone.
Speaker 5: And send them into us.
Speaker 3: Monday's winner going into the Big final tomorrow, Sam.
Speaker 18: Grade me because I need to buy a new dv PA. Gotta one year old with high class taste. If I don't you poetry in the face, oh right in the face.
Speaker 5: Also in the Grand final tomorrow, Jay.
Speaker 19: Give me sir, round sound, baby's round sound and the wolf for the baby.
Speaker 10: All the cables off.
Speaker 19: The ground, upgrade my lounge, lounge baby right now, and I reckon, maybe my friends will come around.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 5: Today we went to Total in Africa with Alie.
Speaker 20: Kids have smashed the lunge TV with a Bonne arrow, aiming for over the National Geographic cham or.
Speaker 4: Now when where.
Speaker 20: There's crap and desk for stuff to keep kids quiet and hardy happy?
Speaker 4: Can you harp us frishal car.
Speaker 3: All right until midnight to night, late night for us until midnight, go through all these amating entries, brand new entries.
Speaker 5: Karen has got this tainted love soft sell.
Speaker 4: This was our movie room. Now it's full of gloom.
Speaker 7: I wish we.
Speaker 20: Had a cinema style one that would make our family smile, give us.
Speaker 4: The cash and make us laugh.
Speaker 20: Cinema room, Cinema room.
Speaker 4: Don't youse them.
Speaker 20: Please, you know you have to choose me.
Speaker 4: I love the movies, don't you know?
Speaker 19: Now I'm gonna pop the con and gone Karen.
Speaker 5: Mark Barrett has taken on Elo to bring me down.
Speaker 10: I still own JBC HI five. I listen to my CDs.
Speaker 4: I don't know why they never play.
Speaker 3: Who.
Speaker 10: It just ruins my day.
Speaker 18: Oh no, I'll ask you once more before I kick the thing at the door.
Speaker 4: Upgrade my home. Christian help me, I please, I need Jack and Patsy to make my house cool.
Speaker 7: Harvey.
Speaker 10: My kids will.
Speaker 4: Get more friends at school.
Speaker 21: And my wife won't think I'm.
Speaker 3: Too very good. Entry there from Mark Barrett, do and don't bring me down. Luke Donovan has taken a song we played quite a few times this year.
Speaker 5: How bizarre.
Speaker 21: Little Toddler's out the back, Sweet wife is in the front. I'm burning on my skin off in the heart heart sun. Suddenly a light bulb goes off in my mind. Man cave is needed. Christian helped me build it right, massive shed with woodwork, giant TV for my eyes. Weinrack has the goods? Is that a penfall of sixty nine? New guitar, New guitar new guitar.
Speaker 5: We get it there that new guitar.
Speaker 3: More entries are playing an hour's time, keeping the coming until midnight tonight. Record the money phone and then email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, time now for this week's House of Paint. This is where every week we walk around our house of Pain. We're building with you guys. As we go into each room, we look for your stories where you've had pain. We've been around in the House of Pain. So far, we've been into your kitchens. Last week, we're in your bedrooms with lots of amazing stories. Now we're moving into the hallway, hallways, doors, porches and attics.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I like it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, So any injuries in the hallway at the front, door, porches or attics on nine four one four one oh four.
Speaker 6: Three, I can kick us off. Do you remember the first time you ever got winded?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yeah, it's a young kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, being winded.
Speaker 5: Oh that's an awful feel awful.
Speaker 6: Mine was pushing the couch up to the edge of the door and my idea was to jump off the couch, grab the top of the door frame and swing through the hallway into my bedroom.
Speaker 5: As I grab an audacious plan it Tarzan.
Speaker 6: As I grabbed the top of the door, I got a good purchase on it, too good that I went vertical, that I went horizontal and came down on my back, like all the way down.
Speaker 5: My god, I can feel that now.
Speaker 3: Do you remember at the start of the year when I got COVID and Sue the boss right decided to come round my house to give me the recording equipment so I could still do the show.
Speaker 6: The show must go on.
Speaker 5: The show musco on that.
Speaker 3: Is that is our bosses Sue motto, even COVID or it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Matter, it's still shove a microphone in his face.
Speaker 3: I remember the engineers said, well, look, we can't go around there because he's got COVID, and Sue didn't didn't matter. She came around. She would face COVID to thrust that microphone in my wheezy face. So anyway there used to be, there is no more because of what I'm about to tell you, a very slippery, dangerous front doormat that my wife got right. The people always just go, oh, my God, I slipped on that.
Speaker 6: Of a doormat is the grippy text.
Speaker 3: I don't know whether I actually think my wife was planning this for me to break my kind of claim on the insurance.
Speaker 5: So anyway, Sue turns up, she's laden death with.
Speaker 3: Big flightcases, with all the equipment I need, Sadley slip. Sue doesn't just slip, she actually breaks her foot on my front door. I've still got the text message from the chief executive, going, you broke.
Speaker 6: Sue, Yeah, moon boots.
Speaker 3: All right, So, Patsy, you ever sustained any injuries in the hallway at the door, porches or attic.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't.
Speaker 2: I haven't, But you know what I have done in the hallway when Ords broke a leg and she was in a wheelchair, we had to take the poor deer to the bathroom each time, and this one time she was busting and I kind of cut the corner and shoved a corner of the wheelchair into the plaster in the horse and the hole is still there. And every time Chris walks past and he goes, I can't believe you left Ale in the plaster.
Speaker 3: All right, we're looking for your stories and about injuries in the hallway and the door porches for assex.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Last week in the House of Paying with a confure injuries that you sustained in the bedroom. Today we move into hallways, doors, porches and attics.
Speaker 5: One four three Mark, Good morning.
Speaker 22: Good morning, Christian. How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good Mark? So where do we go in the House of Paying with you? Hallway?
Speaker 22: We're in the hallway. Yes, I have two I had three kids. The two boys were sharing a room and some ungodly hour of the morning, a four year old comes down and says, oh, I don't feel well, so all right, jump in bed to go back off to sleep. So he jumps in the bed. Shortly after the other one. The baby starts crying. My wife goes down the hallway. All of a suddenly he is almighty bad and won't use this, but oh my goodness, and I go down there and then she's sitting in the middle of the floor holding her head. The young the four year old had come down, had vomited in the hallway, and unbeknownst to my wife, she'd stipped in it gone a over t slam slammed her head against the door. Damn, she's got ramat all over, she's got it in her hair. And then the blood's gushing.
Speaker 5: Out of the exorcist in your hallway.
Speaker 22: Yeah yeah, and then a half hour later into Denny in our hospital getting seven stitches in the scale to fixed up the thing with blood and vomit all over her hair and everything like that.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a great want to kick us off. Where we go in the House of pain Mark, Thank you very much, your story.
Speaker 5: Mate, have a good day, Thank you, goodbye, bye.
Speaker 3: Bye, Jason, Hello Jason, Yes, yes, christ there we go. There we go, morning, Jason. What's your story? Where we going in the House of Paine. Were in a hallway or doorway?
Speaker 16: Okay, we're in a hallway.
Speaker 12: Now, this is a whole different century.
Speaker 11: It was way back when I was a kid, so we're talking.
Speaker 12: Nearly fifty years ago.
Speaker 22: My brother and I were wrestling, and we used.
Speaker 23: To have holding doors open. Were the old fashioned clothes eye that you have to put on the stove to heat up grandparents, Yeah, so we use those as doorstops. So we were busy wrestling away in the hallway, and somehow this ended up being lifted up and dropped onto my face, tipping one of my front teeth.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, I do remember it happening.
Speaker 23: I remember also getting carted off to the to the dentist and we had to get it because basically I had a triangle piece taken out of one of my front teeth, so I had to get a cap on that. And you know, over the years, that CAP's broken away and had to be replaced. Right at the beginning of COVID, I was eating a dim sim and I've actually broken it off again and I haven't been able to get.
Speaker 12: It fixed because during COVID we couldn't go to a dentist.
Speaker 3: I mean there's been some free time that we are out in the world now for a year to have that snaggle tooth fitted like a shark's tooth.
Speaker 5: You got their nails sharpened up, that's right.
Speaker 23: But unfortunately, I'll work for myself, so having time off to go to a d indist is a luxury.
Speaker 7: All.
Speaker 3: You know what, This gives me an idea, why don't they have mobile dentists for basic rudimentary stuff.
Speaker 5: They can come round to yours with that bag of tools.
Speaker 22: They can come and meet me on job site.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jim's dentistry. Jesson, We've got an idea here, let's go fifty to fifty?
Speaker 22: Yes, why not?
Speaker 5: All right, Jason, I'll build up a business plan for you.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So right, love to get back to me. Jason, Thank you very much, She calm. I have a good day.
Speaker 11: Thank you, jeez.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, House of Pain. So we're going around the house. Each room we're looking for your stories of injuries in there. This week the House of Pain. We're into your hallways, doors, porches and attics. On nine four one four, one oh four to three. Georgie, good morning, go Onning, guys, want and Georgie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: So where we go in the hallway.
Speaker 14: I was in the hallway and it's a child hallway and I had two cats and one didn't like the other. So I was told that the way to support that was to spray the aggressor with water. So I had a water bottle and I heard them fighting, and so I sprayed the aggressor and it didn't work. And she was just sitting there looking at me like what whatever? And I thought, wow, I didn't get a s I sprayed her again, and this one got her and I've taken one step, slipped on the water that I squirted, landed on the floor and broke my vertebra in my back. And then realizing that I'd done some dermige, I thought, I'm like, God, what if I'm going to shop? So I very very carefully crawled down the hallway into the kitchen to get the phone and call the ambulance and our partner to come home because he'd left for work.
Speaker 3: What a story, I mean, this is a mazing joy And Georgie, anytime as an adult you're crawling somewhere something's wrong. Yes, something's gone badly wrong with your body. You're in life right, That is terrifying. And so how long was your recovery from your broken vertebra?
Speaker 14: It was about four months. I was very very lucky with the way that it broke.
Speaker 11: It was a very clean break.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and how do you.
Speaker 6: Get along with the cat now, or as you call it, the aggressor?
Speaker 14: Yeah, she's a champion. She's passed away now.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't related to when you recovered off the four months. First thing you did with that new back, get rid of that cat. I've got a cat, and we've got we were told to get when those spritzers and stuff like that, and you're right, Larry, my big cat just sort of sits there go.
Speaker 5: Spray away.
Speaker 3: Water the plants.
Speaker 5: Georgie, very good story. Thank you very much. Have a great day. That was really funny.
Speaker 14: Thank you you two.
Speaker 3: Kylie, good morning, Good morning morning. There's someone who feels like I've had a long week already. It's almost the weekend. Kylie's where was the injuries at the hallway?
Speaker 24: Yeah, it seems to me.
Speaker 3: Only in the hallway at the moment. Let's keep it going, all right. What have you got for us, Kynie.
Speaker 24: So I was heading off to work in the morning, heading to the hospital for a shift, and my dog at the time, Jack was very excited because he knew I was leaving.
Speaker 25: So he I was sort of chasing him and playing. I think he walked me up, sort of ran.
Speaker 3: Up the hallway.
Speaker 11: So he was so excited.
Speaker 25: He ran up and there was a mat on the wooden hallway and he's, you know, run up in excitement and then stopped in a hurry, and the mat started slipping and piling up towards the wall, and so he's hit the wall and the boo table on the wall as fall and I reached out going and that's frip. Second I thought get away, and then I thought what if I moved? My dog's going to get squashed. So I could put my hand up in the brue table land on my head and I was stocked unconscious.
Speaker 5: I mean, you sacrifice yourself of the dog.
Speaker 11: I sacrificed myself for my dog.
Speaker 12: But my boss was furious with me.
Speaker 5: For getting knocked out. Well at the hospital, you get knocked out.
Speaker 3: No, all right, CARDI, thank you, yeah, thank you very much, she called me. Have a good day, all right. Coming up at eight this morning, something very special for.
Speaker 5: One of you.
Speaker 10: Ten is just your every JD one year old, except for one thing.
Speaker 26: I've never had pizza, geez, never had pizza until now, one lady. Zero pizzas.
Speaker 11: I'll right if I had them, they'll have some cheese on them.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 10: This morning, Pam finally has a slice of the action.
Speaker 11: We just with to choosee on and nothing else.
Speaker 3: Coming up after eight on the Christian O'Connell show, We'll cross the next live to our pizza maker Johnny from four hundred Gradi and Rio.
Speaker 5: It's almost ready to come out the oven.
Speaker 4: We Christian No Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 5: What scenes we're going to next? After eight it's all Stars.
Speaker 3: An eighty one year uncleed Pam this week when we're asking you to call us up, tell us how old are you and what have you never done so far in your life? Pam had never had a pizza or asanya. This morning is all about the pizza, because surely a life without pizza just is no life at all. She didn't have a pizza, and so when I try to picture pizza to her, which I'm sure many of her friends have done over the years in case there's someone else in mark.
Speaker 6: And even she was worried about any other cheese. The cheese cheeses preferred yeap.
Speaker 3: So it's you know, because obviously pizza you can have all kinds of different cheeses on there, okay, And she was like, no, no, then the only one only like one type of cheese. He's only even had one type of cheese. She only wants one type of cheese and is bager, strong and bite. So after the show we couldn't leave it there. We thought, well, let's get one made for her a very unusually spoke pizza and the best pizza may car well one of them in the world is Johnny from four hundred Grandy, and I cannot believe that he actually said yes to our invitation. How about you fire up that pizza Robin real early on your locations and make don't mate like your award winning margarita pizza, which is literally one the best margarita in the world.
Speaker 5: Make basically a pizza basil and just put strong and bite on top of it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Rio is out of out Eastland, where Johnny is Who's who's made the pizza. They're both together now, Rio, Hello, So describe the scene right now, Rhea.
Speaker 5: Where are you're out at four hundred Gardy.
Speaker 12: Plans, Yeah, at four hundred Gratty. There's no one here because it's you.
Speaker 27: Know, eight o'clock and nothing's open, so it's completely bare except for four hundred Gritty, where Johnny has very generously come in very very early, fired up the pizza oven, and I am now I have visuals on the bigger, strong and body pizza, the first of its kinds, may I say?
Speaker 5: And how does it look to the eye?
Speaker 27: It looks look it looks amazing like it is at the end of the day. You know, pizza just with with biggert strong and body cheese on it. But it's as fancy and as amazing as it can look. A lovely puffy crust, nice thick bass, plenty of cheese there for Pam. But yes it is.
Speaker 12: It's just it's cheese on dough with no sauce as well.
Speaker 3: Can I just check as well, because often you know, chef's like a little bit of garnish or green. There's no kind of garners and there is otherwise she will throw.
Speaker 27: Pam was very specific with her instructions, very garnish, no thoughts.
Speaker 12: So Johnny's had.
Speaker 5: Some very old time straight old timers. Don't worry about just crushing us after eight o'clock.
Speaker 27: Okay, I don't think the Italian community would be super excited about this innovation of pizza that we've done, but Pam.
Speaker 12: Is going to love it.
Speaker 5: All right, Let's chat to Johnny now, let's get Johnny.
Speaker 12: On great, I'll grab Johnny.
Speaker 11: He's right over here.
Speaker 3: Together. Johnny is Christian here with Jack and Pats. Thank you so much for doing this.
Speaker 17: No, you're welcome. It's a pleasure and knowing that Pam's ever first pizza is going to be a four hundred pizza with a bit of a twist to it some biga cheese.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 5: Now, is this the most unusual pizza you've ever made? Johnny?
Speaker 3: Have you made a more weird one or odd one than this?
Speaker 17: It's probably one of the most unusual. The first one was probably when I got asked to make a pizza with ninety nine different Jesus on there.
Speaker 6: Have you ever made anything more basic than this?
Speaker 17: Maybe just a plane base for someone that just wants seeds the bread. Yeah, yeah, I've had I've actually had a specific order of that, like only the base, nothing else, no oil, no soul, nothing else.
Speaker 12: And I was like, okay, no problem.
Speaker 5: And Johnny House business.
Speaker 3: So because you're you're everywhere all of Victoria, everything going well here, you might be bringing out your own pizza robins at some point.
Speaker 17: Oh maybe one day.
Speaker 12: We know we're doing we're doing quite well.
Speaker 17: I mean, you know it's Melbournian's are loving, you know, going out and and where We've got a lot of support. So a lot of people coming down to four Undergrady restaurants across Victoria. So yeah, we can't complain. We just we'll keep going, you know, I mean, it's tough, tough two years, but now we're sort of past that. We just want to keep on, to keep going and serving delicious pizza and the pasta to the community.
Speaker 3: If any of us since go into your various locations and ask for the pizza, would you ever consider putting the strong and binetary on your menu?
Speaker 17: I'm not sure if we ever put on the menu?
Speaker 5: Right answer, this place has gone to crack.
Speaker 3: What's this with a strong pizza?
Speaker 17: Unless Bigger Australia is listening and they want to endorse it, then we'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: Of it to you, baga baga? All right, thank you very much, Johnny. We'll let you know what Pam thinks of it after it. But thank you for doing this.
Speaker 5: We really appreciate it.
Speaker 17: You're welcome.
Speaker 11: Thanks.
Speaker 3: We see soon, Johnny. All right, let's get Rio back now he's five hundred meters away. For some reason, he's falling out with Johnny.
Speaker 12: Hello, Hello, we're here. We're really should we should we go to PAMs?
Speaker 6: We really got in the car?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what would you mean? Shall we go to pad?
Speaker 5: You and I We just have a chat here about weekend plans.
Speaker 17: In the car.
Speaker 3: Get Tom, come on, sat around there, China, Johnny five hundred meters away. Alright, go go go.
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: We're about to share historical moment. I'm glad you're there with us for this.
Speaker 3: Pam eight two one year old Pam is about to have her first ever pizza mayby Johnny from four hundred Grandy.
Speaker 5: It's a very unique pizza.
Speaker 3: She only wants it this way, pizza bass chiss cheese on top, and only the cheese that she likes, Baga strong and bite tea.
Speaker 5: It's almost ready. Bring just pulled up outside and our God when a.
Speaker 3: Four point three promotional vehicle tearing for the streets, take it out there to Pam and her face. Let's go live now to Pam the start of this morning show our Sun, which we're all orbiting around Pam, Good morning, Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? Are you excited? How are you feeling?
Speaker 16: Pa?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm sort of. I've got a play to eighty one used to become a famous you are?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's still been building to this. We're going to make the most famous person in Melbourne.
Speaker 11: Pan, I can't believe it's all happening from just a simple phone call. I'm quite excited.
Speaker 3: Were Yeah, Johnny's had to fire up the pizza ovenland. Yeah, so you can see the car. So Rio is about to approach yours with the pizza. Are you ready to try it?
Speaker 5: Pam?
Speaker 22: I am?
Speaker 5: I am all right, Let's go to Rio. Now, Rio Christian? Are you in position? Where are you? Are you outside?
Speaker 3: PAMs?
Speaker 5: Have you visual?
Speaker 12: I believe I'm outside pears, I can't see or heat.
Speaker 5: P have you got visual?
Speaker 12: I've got visuals on. I've got visuals on. Waving at me.
Speaker 5: Through the window.
Speaker 6: You knock on somebody's door, Yeah, just yell.
Speaker 3: Maybe watched a couple of Sam Mack's sort of appearances. You don't sit in the car, they come to you.
Speaker 12: We've got I'll explain later.
Speaker 5: But no, no, no, you won't know. You don't even come back.
Speaker 12: I'm just coming into Pam and loving to meet you. Yes, there on the phone, all right, we're here, we're in. We're in Pam's room. I've got the pizza. Pam's got the shine up to a year. What would you like us to do?
Speaker 5: We did talk about this. I do it all on air Rio. Why does he fall apart when he leaves the studio?
Speaker 3: He's lost his umbilical cord. Daddy needs to help out again, does he?
Speaker 6: I'm surprised he's even there. Well done on getting here.
Speaker 3: Well done? Three the poor man, Sam Mac All right, now what you help to hang up?
Speaker 17: All right? Pem?
Speaker 12: Could you please hang up all over it?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 16: So?
Speaker 5: Okay? Is Pam ready to have the pizza?
Speaker 27: Her is in position, She's at her dining table. I'm presenting the pizza in front of her. I am now lifting the lid. She's seeing her the pizza. She's about to eat for the first time. It's ready.
Speaker 12: She's just getting some serviettes just for the This is.
Speaker 5: The right way to This is how we should be all tonight.
Speaker 3: We should have made Rio dresses and Italian waiter kicking opportunity, short shirt tie.
Speaker 5: Like wine for the lady.
Speaker 12: All right, what do you would you like it? Would you like ten to start? She's already torn apart one piece, but she has not yet put it in her mouth.
Speaker 6: Put us on speakerphone so we can check it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Pam, are you ready to have the first bite of your first ever pizza at eighty one.
Speaker 12: Hey name, Yes, she's ready.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's falling apart.
Speaker 11: Be beautiful said that?
Speaker 22: Bloody beautiful?
Speaker 14: Beautiful?
Speaker 11: What did you hear that?
Speaker 5: No, we didn't. When I see you, you and I are going to go for a walk and only one of us will come back from.
Speaker 12: And give a review.
Speaker 11: Again, you do that, I'll tell you what. Bloody beautiful. Yeah, but if all pictures were made like this, I'd have one every week.
Speaker 5: Wow, this is what you've been missing, Pam.
Speaker 11: I know I've waited eighty one years to get this excited about something.
Speaker 5: Oh, bless you and your voice.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know we have.
Speaker 5: I thought it would go the other way.
Speaker 3: I didn't think you'd be that impressed.
Speaker 5: And we have this ready, I didn't know we'd be firing.
Speaker 4: Off this so toy.
Speaker 22: I don't like.
Speaker 11: I really don't like sort of eating olive oil. I don't mind trying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just to eat it. I wouldn't recommend eating anyway.
Speaker 3: Thats and Pam described the sensations because you never would have had these before.
Speaker 5: So what do you take?
Speaker 11: I mean, it's a little it's really really nice. I really I'm really enjoying it. And yeah, look, it's nothing more to say. It's just really good.
Speaker 2: That's how we all feel about pizza, especially Granny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you know what you've been missing all these years?
Speaker 22: I know?
Speaker 11: Could I Yeah, it's not too may come.
Speaker 3: For lost time, you think. Give my order of pizza this weekend, Pam.
Speaker 11: But I've got a good excuse. I am eighty one, so the mind is not quite what it used to be.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You sound sharper than Rio there, so Rio is soun'd going to live where you are? You've come back and take up his number two plays in the studio. All right, it's done, Okay, the hell our new friend. Hey listen, Pam, thank you very much for being such a good sport this week. Thank you for listening to the show and giving us a call this week. It's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 11: My pleasure, My pleasure.
Speaker 3: Bye bybaepys. Once I'd done with you, that shut that.
Speaker 5: Door on your face, don't they?
Speaker 6: She got a half pizza day, is there?
Speaker 22: Hello?
Speaker 5: See you later, cal a brighter.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Christian o'carl show podcast.
Speaker 5: We need your votes.
Speaker 3: To find the winner of the twenty thousand dollars Harvey Norman serenade for an upgrade. Upgrade your home entertainment system twenty thousand dollars prize to spend a Harvey Norman's quite amazing. You've got until midnight tonight. Pick your song, write your own words and then email it over to me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Yesterday's winner was Ali going into the Big Grand Final tomorrow should be vying for your votes.
Speaker 20: Kids have smashed the loundes TV with a bone arrow, aiming for horror but a national geographic cha. Now I'm where there's crap and desk for stuff to keep kids quiet and hearty happy.
Speaker 11: Can you harp us, christ Car.
Speaker 3: I can Hobby Norman have the latest in TV switches, washers, laptops and mobiles and loads more in store or online?
Speaker 5: All right, some more new entries.
Speaker 3: First up, Andreas Galban. He's taken on Bob Seeger, old time rock.
Speaker 5: And roll.
Speaker 28: And even TV all the shitty. I was a small I watched by myself. I got lots of kids running around.
Speaker 5: It's probably how Bob seekers sounds matter.
Speaker 28: I want an if I has around sound much it's so small, I can't see the phone.
Speaker 3: Is it's just me or I'm cadding?
Speaker 10: I can't read some titles anymore.
Speaker 28: Ny the Newtdy on the world.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I have heard so many entries right everyone you send in I do listen to. I can't hear another Bohemian rhapsody. If you're thinking about making one today, please I urge you not to do it. It probably isn't going to be played tomorrow. I've heard just every variation of Joey as well from GM with Chrissy and my name in it. Thank you very much. However, yesterday I heard something completely different. He calls himself the singing butcher, and this guy really can sing. So we've heard all the different songs you've taken up, but no one has taken on an opera song, a really big song. No one has taken on Pavarotti until actual name, Tony Manago even sounds like.
Speaker 9: An old time crooner. Here he is the singing butcher. Oh Christiano, car, please listen to me.
Speaker 15: I need enough.
Speaker 7: On my ge and my car, my home living room.
Speaker 11: Please.
Speaker 10: I have not got anything I needed from having normOn.
Speaker 15: Please please, I need enough prey. I need enough prey, I need enough.
Speaker 7: Bray waw wait.
Speaker 12: He to sing?
Speaker 5: Oconnel I serenade you.
Speaker 3: You did so we got serenaded Tony Monagha.
Speaker 6: Have a voice?
Speaker 5: Yes, what a voice?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: You got until midnight tonight? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. No more Bohemian Rhapsodies.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today's time waster On National Pain Awarenessday, I think everyone is aware of pain. You know, if you're in pain, you know it's on a vague concept National Pain Awareness Day. We're looking for your painful bands. Make a band painful? Who's on stage at Painfest? Pinkie, Floyd Ac, Dizzy Ac.
Speaker 10: Dizzy Silver Plus.
Speaker 5: This is a nasty condition to get.
Speaker 3: You're familiar with the eighties band Bucks Fizz, How do you make them more painful? Butts Fizz, Bronze Plague, David Spit on the show a lot this week called over your Face Plague, David Bank, Street Boys and Harry Piles, Poor Mack, sugar Jack. What have you got?
Speaker 5: Painful bands on stage at Paine Fast.
Speaker 6: Painfest Crosby, Stills and Rash.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's good.
Speaker 6: Silver stepping on Lego Wolf.
Speaker 5: Gold Stepping on Lego Wolf is very good.
Speaker 6: The Red Hurt, Chili Peppers, Red Hurt, Macy Gray's Gold plus and both shingles.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, Christian No Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today's time Waster. We're looking for your painful bands. You ready to mark one of them? Winning one hundred and fifty dollars Our Sure at Chemists, Whales, Nichol, Oh, I'm a back, Silver's a shank, Parl jammed a finger in the door, Parl, jam My finger, Inton Harper and Eddie.
Speaker 5: There's no cure. Gold never die one sign but yes.
Speaker 6: Gold Aha Gold.
Speaker 5: Browne Aspirins, Bronze, Hemorrhoid Orbison.
Speaker 3: Gold made me laugh, Mark Billy Rays Sinus Scientists Gold Row, No, I'll come back to that one spider bite Silver, that's my Melanie Motty Bruce Silver run Damine Gold, came back to it.
Speaker 5: How did it just this?
Speaker 3: Mark Red Actually Peppers in your eyes Gold plus, simple but funny, well done. Alexis Zerup, Bruce Springsteen Silver plus, Ross, John Menon Cramp Gold plus, World, Daniel screen Day Silver Burn Jovi Silver nine inching grown toenails, Gold plays Water No Gouts silver plus EMC hammorrhoids always got them, baggy pants, cold makes the web, that's very good, Cold Sword Chisel silver, The crush Testes Dummies gold.
Speaker 5: All right? Who is winning the voucher today? Who gets the money for chemist? Who?
Speaker 17: Well done?
Speaker 6: Alexis red hot chili peppers in your eye?
Speaker 5: Well done?
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, tomorrow's show today it is the big vote Tomorrow you'll be picking your winner. We've done a voter in this week. Meet Jack and Patsy each day this week. Who we've loved in your entries for Serenade from Upgrade are twenty thousands on a home entertainment Graven Harvey Norman. But you will pick the final winner tomorrow and are we all over.
Speaker 5: To you now?
Speaker 3: Normally this week we've been putting two or three up against each other and very tough to picture just one. However, this morning there were some great entries he played out on air, and then there was the singing.
Speaker 7: Butcher, I need an cre I need enough, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Straight through the singing Butcher Tony Minago.
Speaker 3: Sounds like I should be introducing him on stage in Vegas and now for one night only. It's only before us in Vegas at the Palace this year Tony Monago, Tony goes soon the final and rightly so, this is so amazing brilliant entries you have until so there are four at the moment. There is room, of course for one last wildcard. You're going until midnight tonight. That wild card will not be someone doing Bahamian Rhapsody. I can tell you now, please of you Melbourne, I'm all flipping you raps car here anymore? All right until midnight you picked the song, write your own lyrics. It's entirely up to you what kind of song you want to go for you hotol, you go in ness and dormer there impress us one last wild country to go, and you got until midnight tonight. You record it on your phone and then email it over to me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot.
Speaker 5: Com dot au.
Speaker 3: Also tomorrow on the show, after hearing Heathers called this morning about how she slipped on water she was spraying her cats with and then I realized she'd really hurt her back and had to crawl to her phone very very very slowly. As an adult, if you're crawling For some reason, something has gone badly wrong. Better way to celebrate Friday to talk about what had gone wrong. Why, as an adult were you crawling? And final words today from Pam Bye, Carla Brner.
Speaker 4: No, you're listening to The Christian o'carl Show podcast