Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch.
Speaker 1: Up podcast, Friday Freaks. Oh my god, I'm so happy it's Friday. Thank you If you listen every week, we really love you. Today we want to advocate for behaving like a baby that's on the potty. Have a lovely weekend. But first, here's the podcast you're listening to, Flex and Frooms on Kita.
Speaker 3: I've come to a bit of an epiphany recently. And I know I don't like to say that word, but this really was an epiphany, and I was thinking about how babies are really on like X Games mode when it comes to living. Babies just understand how to do life right. And what I mean by that is like I spent a lot of time surrounded by kids, or like more than the average person, and I'm so like just infatuated by observing them, especially toddlers and babies because they can't speak, which means, like you take out this whole way that we're used to communicating, and yet we find other ways to determine are they okay?
Speaker 2: Are they well? Are they happy? Are they good?
Speaker 3: We become more accountable and more responsible for reading between the lines in the right way. We're not just trying to assign meaning to them. We're like, oh, wait, what does this baby need from me right now?
Speaker 2: And I was.
Speaker 3: Thinking, like, especially watching how people respond to figuring out what babies need when they're not parents, Oh what's going on?
Speaker 2: Are they okay? Are they not okay?
Speaker 3: And then I was like, oh, because when you interact with a baby, you're not leading with logic first. It's empathy, it's emotions, it's body language, it's big picture. It's not over intellectualized because you can't intellectualize what this sack of skin is doing. And so then I was like, oh, my goodness, babies are the blueprint. What other ways are they just like nailing it at life? Have you ever seen a baby or a toddler in particular, pick up something, no perfect posture, bent to the knee. Really I had to teach myself that working in hospitality, babies naturally bend at the knee to pick up stuff.
Speaker 1: Actually I could have picture that with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were Also I was watching this video and was talking about how a lot of adults complain about lower back pain, and then this guy was like, you need to lie down on your stomach, lifting from your bust and your chest and the interact with the world that way. That will strengthen your back muscles and make your back hurt less. I said, don't babies do that? Yeah, babies do that. And then also when you are going through like the rollerdeck of what a baby needs, it's like one of eight things. Eat, sleep, play, who, be cuddled, be doted on, be acknowledged, I say, And realistically, as a person, isn't that all you need as well acts? Like all the other stuff, it's too complex. Simplify, simplify, simplify, allow the people in your life to view you as just a baby. Don't ask me to explain anything. I don't have the words, but what I do have is a scratch right here.
Speaker 2: You know what I did for three me.
Speaker 3: When you're coming to radio touchy touchy, touchy baby needs her skin to skin.
Speaker 2: I don't. Oh, I get it.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Flex and Frooms Show. We here at Flex and Frims love to get to the bottom of life's big issues. We love it when you send us voice memos all little tiny dms to Flex and Frooms on Instagram ask us for advice. We won't always give you things that are coherent. However, we will always attempt to make it entertaining. We have a it's so true. We have an anonymous submission by one of our listeners, and it's about when to re spark a friendship. It's a long one guy, so strap in, here we go. So I was part of a five person friend group in Brackets, all girls, for the past four and a half years, and then left late last year. Oh my god, this is like leaving a cult. Long story short, I was going through a lot of personal issues and basically I had a mental breakdown and went mute out of nowhere. Mind you, four of us were roommates and one curl live next door. The root of all problems here is that I didn't communicate what was going what I was going for, and essentially shut them all out. Wow it happens, though naturally, while I was caught up in my misery, they took offense to that and assumed I had it out for them. One girl recently reached out to let me know. I was so shocked when they started making a little tiktoks and basically yapping around campus about this whole thing, and I was left friendless. I was so heartbroken. Thus because their reaction was so violent and living situation became very passive, aggressive and just hostile. Oh my god. Last week one of the girls in the friend group reach out and apologize for their behavior and rudeness and basically wanted to meet and talk to get over things like adults in Bunny Rabbit quotations? Do you think I should go? Not gonna lie? I don't feel ready because now every time I think that life changing period in my life, I can't get over how the people I love most are being vile ps I genuinely do realize that all this could have been avoided with a single conversation. Couldn't everything in life? I am a big fan of the podcast You're Going Plantnum on my Spotify rapp this year.
Speaker 2: Thank you incredible work.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's funny because when producer Mickey sent this in, she did preface it by saying, I think the answer is obvious, which I think is very surprising because I feel like.
Speaker 2: We could have different answers on this.
Speaker 3: I think Fremianni and Mickey Yanni have a habit of thinking the exact same thing.
Speaker 1: So Mickey, please tell us what do you think about the situation? What would you do?
Speaker 4: Hello, Basically, she had a bit of a moment and then she stepped back from the group because that's what she needed for her mental health, which is we've all been there, Like I think I've done that multiple times in a friendship where I've taken a step back because I needed that for me. But I think any friends who don't understand that you might have something else going on behind the scenes, which might mean that you step back from the friendship I don't necessarily know have your best interest at heart, Like if they're making all these tiktoks about you.
Speaker 3: And TikTok's got me but one thing to have a bit of a bit of a gossip in the group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally tiktoks.
Speaker 4: It just makes me realize, like, ah, these girls your real friends and how long have they been around for? Because I can't say that any of my friends would be making tiktoks about me behind my back before actually checking in on me.
Speaker 3: The living situation confuses me though, because I wonder how you've been able to sustain your friendship while still living together.
Speaker 4: That's hard work having to avoid picking.
Speaker 3: Part of the thing that I'm understanding with aging is that I did speak earlier that I was once honestly is the best policy type babe. And similarly, I don't know how I feel about being the bigger person because all the things will tell you, you know, have this conversation, see it through.
Speaker 2: But who is that for?
Speaker 3: If you in this current state can't imagine the benefit of going and exposing yourself to a potentially horroring situation. People on the defense, you're outnumbered, which means that you're out experienced. You have four different people, five friends, people who have all these really extreme opinions about what you did to them, even though it was passive and in adirect. I don't think you're in a particularly safe spot to come out of that unscathed.
Speaker 1: I think if they are reaching out to you, I would go. I would just keep your guard up. We know we don't like guard up culture. The fact that you've come out the gate to acknowledge that you shut off like some people really don't take to that kindly. They might have been really offended. And then, like the group, when you're in a group situation, you egg each other on to think, oh, that is really rude, that is really rude. Maybe you just need to diffuse the situation. Go in there, have the chat, but kind of like have low expectations.
Speaker 3: See that's crazy, though, because right now she's in a quite fine place where she's saying, like, I don't feel ready. Every time I think about that life changing period, I can't get over how the people I love most were being vile. You're mad, you're a odds like You've got five people who think that you're the villain. You're like, I'm the victim. You've only got one representative who's got to reach out and talk to you. Now they're playing both sides. It's just like it doesn't feel like a dust hands, like let's just kiss and makeup. To be honest, it feels like the girl that reached out is experiencing what you experienced.
Speaker 2: And she said, hold on, let.
Speaker 1: Me go on the right side of history for a second.
Speaker 3: Let me you know, I've actually got pick my side properly. Friendships are definitely you shouldn't just throw them out. I think they're worth investing time and energy into. But not all friendships are built the same. And like MICKI was saying, I don't know any of my friends who if I was going through something and I dipped out for a bit, the instinct is to go and make tiki talkies about me.
Speaker 1: The tiki TALKI is not just like, oh.
Speaker 3: I had a friend and like she's been having a moment and she's disappeared, but like and I quote yapping around campus and I was left friendless.
Speaker 1: This is so weird.
Speaker 4: It's really I would assess the value of these friends before the drama, and if they were of value and really important to you, then I would go down the fumi route. But if I was this cut up about it and they had been humiliating me in a public forum, I don't think it's worth it. I think you can find other friends.
Speaker 1: Truly start from scratch, and you can make really good friends all through your life. Don't know if you're you know, twenty something and you're like, oh, I should be friends with my high school friends, trusty, babes, There's so many opportunities to make new friends. You know what's right in your gut, babes. That's all I'll say. Flex and frilms on KEDA, guys, let's do a visulation visualization a vigilante visualization exercise. Everybody was your.
Speaker 2: Eyes done, don't ask me twice.
Speaker 1: Okay, on listening. Take a deep breath in and a deep breath out. Now I'm going to paint a picture in your mind's eye. You were dating someone that you really liked, You kind of thought they were better than you, and you were really.
Speaker 2: You've really pulled.
Speaker 1: You know, yourself in this scenario. Okay, you honestly think, God, they're a catch, they are a real fine piece of.
Speaker 2: Thing, piece of thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now they break up with you seemingly out of the blue. You think, oh my god, I'm so upset. I really really like this person, and I just feel so devastated. Nothing is fun for me anymore. What do I do?
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 1: But there is a part of you that thinks I think I can get them back if I make them jealous, if I make them think I'm having the best life ever. Open your eyes, everybody, Are you going to do some breakup revenge?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, Niki, you.
Speaker 4: Like it has to have crossed your mind, right, Yes, you're not.
Speaker 2: You're not going from on the high road. No, you're notting it.
Speaker 3: But what is that quote like, don't let someone that, don't let someone tell you they don't want you twice facts.
Speaker 1: So hey, the synopsis here, or rather the idea of this, was the idea of breakup revenge we heard in the early two thousands of the breakup revenge body. I think, yeah, still gonna say we're past to others to say, I think that's a lie. But however, here we are, apparently gen Z and now doing a thing where they make their lives look amazing on Instagram. Honestly, I don't think this is gen Z. I think gen X are even doing these ones. Posting your best life online is the newest breakup revenge.
Speaker 2: Okay, this makes sense.
Speaker 1: So this involves posting on Instagram, like going to places that are really cool, doing a little bit KINI pick if you like, like posting with other guys. That's a really classical one, guys. I love to employ that one, not personal experience. However, I think that this is not a good idea because, as you said, don't let someone reject you twice. I think as well, if they're watching your story and they broke up with you, I know what we're thinking, Oh my god, you watch my story. He's obsessed Watching a story takes a second. They're probably going they're not even looking at it properly you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Or they're just curious.
Speaker 3: I'm curious a lot, but I have been known very recently to hear people with the mute when it's when it's done, for fear of not wanting to give them the illusion that I care heaps to be viewing their story.
Speaker 1: Oh I do that too.
Speaker 2: I learned that from you.
Speaker 1: I agree with your FLEXI I also think like you are worth the price that you put on your head. And I think that it's actually very obvious to people when you're trying to go them. Oh yeah, you think you're being subtle. There's nothing subtle about it. You're going to the restaurant they really likes. Like, I'll never forget. The one like breakup revenge experience that I had was when I was eighteen and I had just been dumped. It was like the worst, what a dog pain of my life And I thought about the breakup and this person constantly for one whole year. Took me one year, which I think is fair. It was my first, but I mean, like, I have a quite obsessive way of thinking, so it was every second.
Speaker 3: I think people should people need more time to get over breakups.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I gave myself the exit one year. What happened? One day? I'm thinking about him coming home from Chadston, the fashion capital, in a beautiful outfit. I was killing it. I looked incredible, and I randomly my head turns to the left and I see him and all of his friends sitting outside at a pizza restaurant, and I'm like, whoa, I was just thinking about him. I've just come home from Thursday night shopping. I've got a whole new loop kind so like I remember that exactly. I was doing a little pussy bow moment, like, oh, I was killing it. I've got to do a walk by. Oh, I go and park up at Red Rooster one Danonong Road or whatever, and I struck. I've also got these little acne boots that I just bought. Huge, I'm strutting down past the piece of shop, pretending to go to the pancake parlor.
Speaker 2: Huge, you knowing?
Speaker 1: How do you know?
Speaker 2: You say bad bittery is fake?
Speaker 1: I STI rut past. I see him look at me and his jaw it his jaw drops, and he looked so he looked really sad, which like I don't want him to be sad. No, you love that.
Speaker 2: That was his cherry on top for you. Yeah, she said, make ing suffer.
Speaker 1: It was like, there's all these moments in my life where I realized my life is a movie. That was like, you couldn't make that up. He lived, He lived an hour away. I don't know what he.
Speaker 2: Was doing there.
Speaker 3: He was loitering, trying to get a little a little look at.
Speaker 1: It's Friday. That means silliness must ensue in the studio. Cute Mickeyani Floriano, Oh produced to the Stars. She's come up with a game. It's a guessing game.
Speaker 2: She hasn't come up with this game.
Speaker 1: We've got to give credit where it's okay, who's I was doing this?
Speaker 3: And she said allow plagiarism.
Speaker 2: We only allow nepotism. That's what we drop the one.
Speaker 1: Truly, we have to guess what this song is that you're going to play using one second.
Speaker 4: It is from dj DC on TikTok if you wanted to know where it was coming from. We're not going to page lies, so.
Speaker 2: Not page.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was going to let it go when I could it Okay, ready, can you name this?
Speaker 5: Two thousand song and just one note? This is the easy level.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm umbrella? Next one, please, sir, this is not a group effort.
Speaker 2: That's one nil.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Can you name a twenty song? One note? Level? Three?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: Is it jet?
Speaker 1: Who is it? Gives life back to music?
Speaker 2: Dart punk?
Speaker 1: Okay, I never heard that song.
Speaker 2: Laugh, there's only one dark punk song ever released.
Speaker 1: One more term?
Speaker 5: Can you name this ninety song and just one note? This is the request level?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Check, check, and just one What is it called poison?
Speaker 1: Did you know that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's worrying.
Speaker 5: Can you name this song from the two thousands in one note?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: I wish Jesus walks?
Speaker 1: Can you West?
Speaker 4: Do you want my more?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 5: More? More?
Speaker 3: More?
Speaker 4: Guys not doing well?
Speaker 1: Hey, Mickey, watch your manners please. That's not how you coach a team by I think flex is one up. That's all for me? All right, come bro, check check check.
Speaker 2: You don't stop because that was that's in the first eight bas.
Speaker 1: Babe, Just do a bunch of Mickey. I'm here all day, I got nowhere to be.
Speaker 5: You name the song from the two thousand and tens and just one note?
Speaker 1: Other one film, down, down down, down down California Girls, Katie Perry. Yeah, it's given, It's given feet Snoop Dogg not to be alright ready? This is from the twenty tens.
Speaker 5: Can you name this twenty and ten song? And just one note other one.
Speaker 1: Gang dumb stuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, oh this is fun.
Speaker 1: We gotta keep playing this.
Speaker 4: You get one more the song from the two thousands and just one note level one.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you gotta hold the phone to win. Good job for me podcast? What she does have a playlist? It's called for Me Fridays. It was it was unfairly taken down by the FED.
Speaker 1: Still haven't heard from insert streaming service.
Speaker 3: Mickey has some suspicions that it had never left that. If you type in through Me Fridays and you can't find the playlist, it's because Spotify don't want you to have it.
Speaker 1: They've also left me on Red so I'm really off it. I've spent six months making that plays and new pay a subscription facts, Yeah, twelve dollars ninety nine.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 4: For more, tune indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.