Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Are our eyes deceiving us? Is there a glowing aub of fire in the sky visible for the first time in seven days? Daddy? Is that the sun? Hack? The sun is back? Wow? W A CDC must have part of the clouds last night thunderstruck. They part of the thunderous clouds last night, and now it is sunny this morning. Panny's going to be twenty five as is right.
Speaker 5: Twenty four yep, ohoh love my lee.
Speaker 1: This is great news. Hey listened, team, Good morning and today's World Kindness Day.
Speaker 6: Happy to you, sir.
Speaker 1: And I like to think that this show does radiate kindness, and I just want everyone to remember that today because sometimes obviously families are going to fight, skirmisas are going to happen. Perhaps he's going to get annoyed about people, but you know, reverse park into you know. Also I want to say, on well Kindness Date, that's not a day to hold back express what you know, what's in the art.
Speaker 5: Y share share like a beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what that means. So how was wicked to last night?
Speaker 7: Well, my lips are sealed. I've had to sign a confidentiality agreement. Cannot formally talk about it until next week.
Speaker 1: Other than that's not very kind, it's actually wicked formally talk about it casual. I've I've already seen some reviews online. Say it's incredible, then you can talk about.
Speaker 5: All I can say is.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it though. Wow, we've said too much. But you could be like, wow, what a stinker.
Speaker 7: No, well that's yeah, like, yeah, wait till next week, but uh, not disappointed?
Speaker 5: Can I say you've.
Speaker 1: Said quite a bit? You said not disappointed? Wow, they can use as a review right now?
Speaker 6: Too much?
Speaker 1: Way, But he emailed us like going, o MG, but I've signed an NDA. Yeah, And anyone who signs an NDA tells you the immediately they've signed an NDA and then tells you too much if they asked you to sign nothing, but says just please just keep it quiet. You've keep You've got more of a chance of someone keeping it quiet.
Speaker 6: There's a real smugness to the NDA. I know.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to wait behind me. For seven days.
Speaker 7: Tell you what though getting into the city was a bit of a struggle.
Speaker 1: Well how last you had to have that going on, and then obviously ac DC everyone was first time at the MCG so it would have been smashed it last night.
Speaker 7: It was like all the Bogans were coming out of the woodworking, including me.
Speaker 1: It would have been like mad Max on procession coming over for the West Gate.
Speaker 6: Like Wicked, the wicked Witch of the West.
Speaker 1: Don't call back, that's not very us. Stay, come on, guys.
Speaker 5: Come in there.
Speaker 1: This this morning. I said to Lockie, I said, get a grab of why can't we be friends? I reckon by seven would have broken the kind well six fourteen, no hope for us. Sorry, sorry, we are not radiating kindness, guys, please reset, Let's go. Good morning, Christian O'Connell Show, Thursday Morning on Gold The sun is back.
Speaker 4: That is the news, The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm just having a look at the time on my wrist watch. I like a watch, and I thought that the time and the clock studio was wrong. Then I remember that every watch I have I always said it a couple of minutes fast. And I was thinking, what did they ever start. It's in childhood. You sometimes you just have these there's no rhyme or reason, no explanation. But at some point, when I turned eleven, I had a really annoying obsession, according to my parents, with knowing the.
Speaker 6: Exact time at all times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, no, I'd bring that speaking clock. My dad would just go, so it's at one o'clock, and I go, but what does the time exactly?
Speaker 6: But would that inform other decisions?
Speaker 1: Eighties, there's nothing to do. I would then ring that speaking clock. Needs to know exactly what time it was. It all stand from what I got a Cassio digital watch when I was eleven, and so I was setting that and I was sess that it had to be because I had like seconds and order had was an old analogue clock. I needed to be to be bang on, which is why I was obsessed that it had to tell the exact time right now. And so now to this day, I don't even know why. I like getting everywhere early, right, I don't like being late, but this watch is five minutes early. No, that's two us too much.
Speaker 8: But then in your mind, stressful, do you think, do you just account for that anyway.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, then that is a good system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I can't stand being late. Did any of you guys have an unhealthy obsession with something? Or not unhealthy, it's just you know you're a kid.
Speaker 8: I have one of those, probably still have today. I can't go to bed unless I shower my feet.
Speaker 6: So before.
Speaker 1: It's like it's a biblical thing, the washing of the feet, yes, Jesus washing.
Speaker 8: Yes, but I no matter what's even if it's like coming back three a m from a night out, I will always put the shower on, wash my feet.
Speaker 1: And that was that a mom and dad thing?
Speaker 6: No, they never, It was just something I did from behind.
Speaker 1: Just come out of nowhere. I don't know what part of what you have to do.
Speaker 8: And I can't go to bed unless I won't be able to sleep unless you'll do it even now, even now, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: No matter what state you're in, I always had a big all night. I'll always I still remember to wash the feet, all right. If anyone else had a childhood obsession, so mine was the exact time Rio's was and still is washing his feet, share it with us, don't forget as well, kind as day all right? Four seven five three one O four three The.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: And I'm not sure if you know this, but Semi child Life, the one you played is a radio edit. I am aware, and it's edited for decency standards. And listen. You haven't put your name here in a wonder PUV wanting me to play the full version. Listen to in your own time. I need to pay the mortgage, I need the job, mind you. Obviously decency standards on Australian radio. Get away with quite a bit here, you know, well not anymore? Wow? Yeah, playing Semi child Life the album version will be the least. It's still pretty. It gets you going this tourre morning, but you want more? Do you? Anonymous Christian my brother in primary school I was also like he was a child would know in the exact time is a Christian? My brother from another content in primary school for me Christian act to make so my watch was in perfect sync with the lunch bells. I sat with it set to eleven, twenty nine and fifty nine seconds, pre emptying the bell snapping the little switch the second I heard it, and then I had to wait till the following day to check if I got it right, daylight savings was a bloody nightmare.
Speaker 8: Do you get really upset if your car clock hasn't changed, say for daylight savings?
Speaker 6: Would you just leave it for half the year.
Speaker 1: No, that irritates me every trip, but not enough to do something about it. Right, Yeah, I do it. You know that kind of irritation.
Speaker 6: I just live with it.
Speaker 1: I'll put up with the irritation. But the thought the extra effort needed to google it. Watch an unnecessarily long, dull YouTube video and they're mainly narrator by It's got to be honest here English people.
Speaker 6: Yes, you guys love.
Speaker 1: It's Nigel again. They're all be pigging up that day. It's Nigel again. Get to Liken, subscribe to our videos. And this soun's about if you ever want in your car anyone watch it's a video about that. But first of all, I want to just talk about how they work. We don't care mate, night you'll pick up the pace you got all the time in the world. The missus has obviously left your Nige because of this, the monotonal drone. They're all, like you said, at eleven minutes of this, BS, just tell me where's the thirty two seconds of the actual thing. Person push that, push that. That's all I need to know, put kating. What were you obsessed with as a kid? What was it for you?
Speaker 5: For one summer?
Speaker 9: I had this weird obsession at one pm.
Speaker 1: It's not again talk about DIC you remember that mic was accidentally live. We don't need to release cost you your fiance that confession any Hey, be kind guys, please, yeah, why can't we just for a show anyway? Sorry, but again, yet what we assessed with?
Speaker 9: So every day for a whole summer at one pm exactly, I would sit down in front of the TV.
Speaker 1: Wait, every day for whole summer.
Speaker 9: Whole summer, six weeks nomer holidays in.
Speaker 1: The UK, well actually actually six minus summer's over.
Speaker 5: I would sit down in front of the TV.
Speaker 9: Roswell would come on.
Speaker 1: Oh that the three Aliens, the.
Speaker 9: Three aliens that were living amongst us and there was a lot of teenage s.
Speaker 1: Was also known as Roswell High. Yes exactly.
Speaker 5: It was yeah, based in Roswell and young Cap.
Speaker 1: She was in it down we know, Okay, when I sat down and I get it, otherwise you might faint.
Speaker 9: Anyway, For every single day, I would have the mini popcorn that I would do in the microwave, and then I would have a Coke zero. We out of doubt never missed it every single day for the whole summer.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's just so swe I.
Speaker 9: Love the box said it was the time of my life and I'll never forget.
Speaker 1: Now tell me this then, because you know a lot about the show, or mainly Gatherine Heigel. What was that that they had an opening song? Was it a Dido song?
Speaker 4: Yes, it was so good.
Speaker 10: And I can't.
Speaker 1: Hard to tell from that? Was that a CDC? Oh my god, the suns is dropped out the skype. You're right sorry.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: This week's Lost in Translation the Foreign title movie game. Any big movies, they get translated into obviously local languages around the world. Sometimes something gets a bit lost in the title. So last week we had The Electronic Murderer, which is the Polus version of Terminator. Then we had the Japanese version of The Little Mermaid, which was retitled as the Seaghost. Two scenes. That's get beautiful, all right. This one is an instant gimme love lessons in a notebook. Oh the notebook teen of the producer on this right, Why would you put that one in there? Notebook? I reckon that's a clue, some kind of paper bound together. Anyway, do you want to hear some of the Spanish notebook? All sides of Spanish is a beautiful language. It's very everything sounds urgent and passionate. Yes, that's right, all right, let's go to another movie now and another gimme twelve men Angry about something? Were you a c DC last night? It's the German version of well, twelve angry men obviously.
Speaker 4: And time.
Speaker 1: Cut to money up on you them so exactly?
Speaker 4: How about?
Speaker 8: It's hard to imagine a German comedy, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Like with their tone and voice.
Speaker 8: I can't imagine them doing a redub of like super Bad or something.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you want to go to you want to talk about great comedy, and you reach for super Bad. Super Bad That is not aged well, that is only funny if you're just about to get into puberty. You're a grown man now who has his own home. You can't hold that. But the water's shed of ie comedy. Super Bad.
Speaker 6: I would say it's in the top five films of the last twenty five.
Speaker 1: You want to check in with your because the other week you were telling me that White Chicks is in there. What about The Boy who Came Back to Life? Oh, Casper, the friendly Guys?
Speaker 6: No, oh, Passion of the Crime.
Speaker 1: Chinese version of a huge blockbuster movie, The Boy translated from English into Chinese, The Boy who Came Back to Life?
Speaker 5: It's not flat Liners.
Speaker 1: Great movie that yeah, Oh my god, the young brat pack Harry Potter. Yes, how did you get that? Because he's Harry Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Speaker 6: But he doesn't even really come back.
Speaker 5: It's a bit confusing.
Speaker 1: Grandfather Robots saves the future.
Speaker 6: Back to the future, no.
Speaker 1: Robotcop No, good guess. Grandfather Robot saves the future.
Speaker 5: An old road, not the terminator?
Speaker 1: Which one? Yeah, weator to judgment day, all right, this one? Okay, this is a long translation. Okay, so in German this big movie comedy real Okay. Don't believe in promises. This spa makes about the future because you never know what's actually going to happen.
Speaker 6: Can you say it all again?
Speaker 1: Don't believe in promises. This spa makes about the future because you never know what's actually going to happen. And we said earlier Germans aren't known for their sense of humor. Put that all together, what do you get, ties, Cynthia, he's taking now, where do you place hot Tub Time Machine in your great movie?
Speaker 6: The first thirty minutes of Hot Time very very good.
Speaker 1: We should do that as a thing on the show one day. First half of the movie is great. There are so many movies that you go it started really well and then just fade out real quickly. That was a good idea for half an hour and then it just like became really actually very bad, real quick The.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today is World Kindness Day. We shouldn't need a reminder, but it's still great to have one. So today normally we do small thing, big joy. We can replace that kindness shout outs. If there's somebody maybe it's this year, maybe it's last year, whenever that did you a solid an act of kindness. Maybe it's a stranger, maybe it's a friend. Let's give them something love today you can text them in a seventy five three one four three. Last week I was in where was it was Elwood? And I was at a cafe I've never been before, and I was truly myself to it all midday hot chocolate. Now, first of all, know only did they give me a complimentary marshmallow on top on the back of the little cup. That's the word John Judge's Kindness day, guys, kind to me please always. They've written a note some nice words about the show. Really really lit me up, and I stuck my head around the in the cafe, couldn't see who it was, and it was better for that in a way. I hope they know that. That really really lit me up for a couple of days. Actually, just so lovely. They put the name on there as well, but it was having a little smiley face too. But I loved the kind words about the show. It's just not right to say something is the best. No, that she said get rid of there was like a hangman and pass was in it.
Speaker 5: Kindness day.
Speaker 1: I only want to get into it. Just be kind That's what I'm saying. It was kind thought that they had to save the show. It was bat now before it's too late, I think it said. It's like it was like, don't stop with Jack weed out the weeds, come on, no.
Speaker 4: Fir.
Speaker 1: Today is World's Kindness Day pre set anyway. Whoever, maybe the hot choker with the note on the back, thank you, thank you, thank you, Rio your kindness shout out.
Speaker 8: I would like to give a shout out to the lovely lady at the little grocery store next to me. They have these delicious little hazelnut brownies for three dollars fifty. At the counter they cavies, and she grabbed a couple and I said, oh, I'm jealous. And then she said to the lady that was serving her, and another one for my friend.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, flirting at the counter work. If I hang around there, love one of those, it's creepy. I was hanging around there trying to make I can't tell what mine for? Mine a cookie with you? Can we call security? Please? With front doors?
Speaker 5: Drop the major when you say that looks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, run out pocket money, you little kiddy, not scout trying to get one of your jeez cookie badge.
Speaker 6: Well, she would have got the kindness badge.
Speaker 7: Wow, it was really sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she must have thought, Oh, it's some sort of little nerd or debate champ. He's lost his school group. Are you looking for the rest of the school on your trips slightly more hostile. Oh, guys made it out the first hour. Shots have been fired every break once more. Today is well kind of day. That's what's your kind of shout out.
Speaker 7: I'd like to thank the gentleman that was wearing a Collingwood guernsey at Aldi and Werriby yesterday because I didn't have the disc thing or a coin to get my trolley, so he said, you know what, you can have mine and I'll just use my distric get another one.
Speaker 5: Oh that is really nice.
Speaker 7: If you you you stopped and you said, I see you and I'm going to help you. And you know, when you're tired, it's one o'clock in the afternoon, you just want to go home to sleep.
Speaker 1: You just feel like crying when you see it's one of those you've got to get that flipping coin.
Speaker 7: And I thought, no, I just it's more than a basketful today and I just made my day.
Speaker 5: So thank you kind sit especially for.
Speaker 1: A Collingwood fan. Yeah, I'm going to say that. Be kind even to Pie. Come on sponsored Pie fan today, taint one in give them a wash ho for some new teeth. Oh my god, take to the dentist. Show them some new words. Hey, take them too a library.
Speaker 6: No, bring it back?
Speaker 1: What's happened to me? You're right, You're right. There is this kindness, Alex. Who do you want to give a kind of shout out to?
Speaker 11: And then you see there like a lost fawn in a new forest.
Speaker 1: And so listen five all goes west? You come from Sydney? Are you on TV?
Speaker 3: I just wondered in the headlights aimlessly sometimes where am I?
Speaker 11: What is this place?
Speaker 3: And so you need a mechanic. I want to give a shout out to Billy from South Melbourne Mechanics.
Speaker 11: He spotted me and he's gone. This kid, he doesn't know where he is.
Speaker 3: You don't know when he's He needs these essential services and I'm going to give it to you.
Speaker 11: He was really nice, kind gave me a cash discount.
Speaker 6: He's not kindness.
Speaker 1: That you've obviously not learned your lessons there be from you've moved on from Lambo man South Melbourne Mechanics man. I've been very careful. I have that's I say, fool less once you know he can't help himself, can he?
Speaker 11: No, he's a nice man.
Speaker 1: He's not Billy. I'm talking about you. So What was that with the car spark plugs Cabaratza, No, not much as I can.
Speaker 11: I thought there was going to be a whole list of things, but it was nothing. Really.
Speaker 3: He just gave it an engine flush, put some new oil in it. I said, I should probably get some new back tires, just a friendly reminder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, sure, any chance you'll get those tires on, aren't they? But he did your favorite sure World Kindness Day, so he did his job. Yeah, but mckennie's can be no, No, I know what you mean. Different grades, Yeah they are.
Speaker 11: But he is a really lovely guy. And I read the reviews on him.
Speaker 1: You fall in halves when he's there with that bad knee and sunny old mates. Found a new love of his life beating them at why.
Speaker 6: They're gristains on your collar?
Speaker 1: I smelled, w D fort on you?
Speaker 11: Is it Billy Collin? Now?
Speaker 1: All right? It is World Kindness Day and we are doing kindness shout outs. Who do you want to thank? O four seven five three one O four three team, Let's make the next hour hell of a loot kinder.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast spent.
Speaker 1: A fair bit of time before today's show on World Kindness Day hashtag w KD. Trying to think of songs that have kindness in the title kind What I could hit was this, it's a it's a kind of magic. It's kind of strange actually when you think about it. Lame song title by queen why not call this magic? Actually be a really bad magician if you went it's kind of magic. Yeah, tonight at the Palms at the Crown, it's a kind of magic. Does he do magic? It's a kind of magic. You know. You can see the stuff up his sleeve. One of the doves was poking out of his pants. And that's not a euphemism. Today is Wild Kindness Day hashtag all the hashes w KD. And right now on my word, my wife is a breaking point. We are downsizing. We're moving home as empty nesters in four weeks time, and we've had to do a renner. We didn't realize the extent of it. And this is every rhino. Ever you start putting something off, trades call you throughout the day, and now when the trade is called them, it's like how much did he? Now? I don't even know what the problem is. I know what the problem is. My draining bank account. I actually think I can have to just keywork for the next eighty years. Even in death, I still need to paying these trades. Honestly, yesterday I just I suddenly saw my want to take a phone call and she she burst into tears, and I was like, oh my god, there's the house blowing up. What has happened. She's like, Chris, I'm not loving it's just because it's so it's just so bad. We need to replace the windows. A window so important. How many are they? What do you replaced all the windows? Yeah? Yeah. The rufer is just said there he swore, and he said there. They're falling to pieces. And unfortunately the A guy won't be to do is it's like Domino's right, one thing leads to another and if that's not right, that's all right. He said, these are They should have said something when they're sun in the house. And I was like, wow, it's too late for that. We have the house. Is that weeping old widower? It was like, I don't want to move out. She knew what she was doing. So anyway, here's the thing, right, we're moving in four weeks time. I'm guessing what I need is a glazier. And the thing is all the trades who are good, they're just booked up. I need a glazier or is it a carpenter if we go down wood? Or is there a metal worker if we want to do aluminium or some of them?
Speaker 7: No, see if you buy, If you go aluminium, they'll come in a peace with the metal frame. But if you go you'll need I presume a chippy to put the frame in. If you're going, why would you Goward anyway? Because the upkeeps horrific? Why would seriously go aluminium? It's the best, no upkeep, They'll be there for you.
Speaker 1: Just what I'm doing right now is it's not really my opinion. What I'm thinking right now is Bouquet who I'm married to, will strogo, Chris. The look of the aluminium ones, you know, we're just more use of a would kind of look in the UK anyway. Look, it doesn't really matter what it's metal? Would whatever chipboard? Please? If there's anyone who knows a it is a glazier I'm looking for is here?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think that's the right.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I make it quite simple? Trade is right now? Who are the traders that do windows. Give me window window trading, a windows, a windowist. That's what I'm looking for. And asap and cheap. Well at the moment, it's just they're not going to be cheap, are they, Because now I'm desperate. They know I've paid my hands. I just needed to be dealt with. Where are the adults? So if there's anyone you can recommend, many of you somebody and you're not listening to your glazier, but you know someone who's really good, please do let me know. I really do need this. On World Kindness Day. If I can actually just find somebody in the next color of hours, it would really just easel the pressure my marriage and in my life's nervous system. Right now, she's a breaking point. She was like chewing a fingernails. Yes, it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 7: So does that mean that everything else is held up until these windows are done? Because it's like a domino Effectum okay, oh dear, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if you don't need to call in, but if you have got the information or any hot leads to glaziers four seventy five three one oh four three. So today on World Kindness Day, if we're doing your kindness shout outs. Anyone you want to give a shout out to who's doing an actor random acts of kindness to you, christianas Christian kind of shout out. Shout out to my colleague Toby for staying back and taking time out of his day to help teach me things in my dream career.
Speaker 5: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: Lovely World Kindness Day. Shout out to the wonderful gentleman's friend in reservoir who kindly returned two fifty dollars notes I dropped out of my pocket as I was rushing to an appointment. I was so grateful. That's from Rosa. That's lovely, Christian. This is a great one. Can I just say thank you to Dr David who performed search and my wife after we discovered she had cancer. We're now four years cancer free. I cannot thank him and his team enough. That is incredible work, Dr David. Shout out to all the kids and staff who use my crossing it every day at school. Christian. Shout out to my neighbour's eleven year old son who brings my bins in each week. What a great kid, Richard. Thank you very much. Keep this going there, what kind of day you kind of shout outs text me four seventy five three one oh four three, say number of you glaziers.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Day four in World World Finiture Week. Yes, fine, not let's go global with it thanks to Adriatic Furniture. Today it's the table. And when we were ending the show yesterday we had a participate the moment when I said, hey, what is the big star prize that we're giving away thanks to Agiastic Furniture on today's show Again.
Speaker 6: And goes, it's a telly, it's a table on it.
Speaker 1: I then said, surely with the chairs, and I got one of these hand signals and you often see on radio. And then it was strange into the show and I obviously came running in and went, what do you think we need to give away? The chairs? Went hundred percent and then Rio goes, yeah, now you make it odd that we hadn't even thought. I said, you can't give listeners a table, and then Kaylin was like, maybe we give them a couple of hundred bucks to find their own chairs.
Speaker 5: One hundred.
Speaker 1: I said, that's like giving away a car, but no wheels. You gotta find your own wheels. But we were a fussy bit needy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we never considered that they minded something to sit at at the dining table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're right.
Speaker 6: People normally see it.
Speaker 1: No, and then and then I got a message later the listen to some great news Asiatic furniture, happy or even They thought it was a bit odd. But they thought because no one had asked, they just presumed that we wanted to give away. Just Christmas stood up. Oh God, if only Daddy got the extra question. Maybe we should do a quiz where you win it. Okay, question one, you win chair one. Question two you want two chairs? Three chairs? Now where you just go double and quits. You got the chess. Let's go for the big question the table. Please everyone be kind kind of shouts outs on the show right now in World Kindness Day, Christian some Glenn, thank you to Hawthorne for not coming up with a good deal for Zach Merritt's very kind of. And on the other side of this, this is a lovely versus from Caroling Christian big shout out on World Kindness Day to the coup at box Hill Emergency Department. Yes, Sue care to my dad who Sundy suffered from dementia. They gave him such care and dignity, and especially the param and staff who showed me so much compassion. I am very very grateful, Callenen. I'm lovely to hear that, and what a lovely way for you to say thank you to them as well.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh You'll be happy today all thanks to Agriactic Furniture too. I've done shop Agriatic your furnitures Black Friday Sale. It's on now up to fifty percent off Adriatic Furniture Exclusive. Yes expensive. No, yesterday we were giving you the recliner with a footstool. Today a beautiful brand new you're breaking bread with family and friends and it's on us on World Kindness Day. It is a dining table and we've upgraded this prize to include chairs as well. You're welcome, no need to thank you.
Speaker 13: Christian's Furniture Week, make your house so stylish, and.
Speaker 6: She Christian's furniture beds and tables and.
Speaker 1: Perhaps you've got the prize details.
Speaker 5: She's a ripper.
Speaker 7: It's the Tully dining table. The Tully, yep, the Tully with not only the Tully though Christian. It's got the Azul dining chairs by four, thank.
Speaker 5: You very much.
Speaker 7: The Tully is a beautifully round, solid timber.
Speaker 1: Beautifully round, beautifully perfectly round. I just had enough of ugly round tables, you know you see them. Oh it's frugly, you.
Speaker 5: Know, perfectly round, combining clean lines.
Speaker 1: What kind of word are we talking? Poats?
Speaker 5: What type of size you're talking now?
Speaker 1: What type of wood wood?
Speaker 5: Australian massmate timber.
Speaker 1: Otherwise known as Tasmania? Is it? Really? It's a good, very versatile, solid, solid campeachy kind of complexion and cut.
Speaker 7: To ith gorgeous fits into any day course. So if you've got an older style house, maybe a modern place, even an apartment, this will work. Range versatility absolutely absolutely, These chairs quintessential furniture that will stay on trend for years to come.
Speaker 5: I'll never date you.
Speaker 1: Can tow parts. Isn't reading from a script as well?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 1: It just sounds so naturally natural? Is that? Ai Pats?
Speaker 5: You know what I really love?
Speaker 7: The base of this table is like none other you will see. It is so solid. It's like the base is completely in cross on four on the floor, so completely so you're not going.
Speaker 6: To get the script.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get the.
Speaker 6: Hallucinating.
Speaker 5: We've got a new table.
Speaker 11: A few minutes.
Speaker 1: It's in Cross on the floor.
Speaker 5: And it's rocking.
Speaker 1: Even mumbling again about in cross on the floor talking about.
Speaker 5: Floor, it's like the feet of it are completely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't need to be amazed at the base of a table.
Speaker 5: Will you build what?
Speaker 7: It doesn't rock on your Christmas lunch? You know when it's rocking side No, that won't happen.
Speaker 5: At this beautiful taste.
Speaker 7: Braulze when Grendad gets into his Christmas this scene.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, now let's get to the main event. That's the great prize. How do you table? My word? I wish you could have been in the Brains Trust meeting. I almost resigned from the shovel of the way home. It was a low point as I just got to name it producer Kate and thought the best way to go this round table? Was it a game called give Me the Rounding? And I was like, how does that work? People just call in and asked for the round table? Is it play school radio?
Speaker 6: Give me the round he's rio standing up or sitting.
Speaker 1: There and then they know the other one was musical chairs on the radio.
Speaker 5: Oh I love that.
Speaker 6: No way you could work?
Speaker 5: But how could you do it?
Speaker 1: But of course we come up with something. Don't worry, We've got this. Guess who's coming to dinner? I have four famous voices, four famous people round the tully with the cross on the floor base. Who are the four famous voices round the dining table.
Speaker 10: We also try to stick to the four man food groups.
Speaker 14: Canny, Candy, Kings, Kenny, corns, Sarah, I'll have what she's.
Speaker 15: Having donkey anyway, like I was saying, she us the fruit on the sea.
Speaker 1: Guess who's coming to dinner? Round that tully table? Gimme the roundI here are the four famous voices again from four movies, name or four and you win the table in the chairs.
Speaker 10: We also tryst stick to the four man food groups.
Speaker 14: Canny, Andy, Gans, Kenny, Corns, Siah, I'll have what she's having donkey.
Speaker 15: Anyway, like I was saying, shrimps the food of the sea.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: You won't hear the spruce, but thank you very much your message. He went to ac DC last night. He said they were great, but he can't hear anything. Right now, I'm going to tap out vibrations more Scotch I Brews to say thank you for messaging the show. Yeah, I had some friends at were ac DC last night. They said they were outstanding. All right, guess who's coming to dinner? Four famous people, four famous voices. Get it right, you win today's star prize, the Tully Round Table, the amazing beautiful chairs, all part of Furniture Week thanks to Adriatic Furniture. All right, Kenny gainst the four Voices.
Speaker 10: We also try to stick to the four man food groups.
Speaker 14: Canny, Andy Ganes, Candy corn, Serah, I'll have what she's having, donkey.
Speaker 15: Anyway, like I was saying, tramps the food on the sea.
Speaker 1: Jay, welcome to the show. Good morning, Hey Christian, here you going. I'm good. So tell me what you need? A new table? What's happening with yours? Have you got one?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I need around you actually don't have one. We eat at the kitchen bach.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got to change that. And who's where is it? You and your partner?
Speaker 16: Me and my partner. So we're looking at buying a house and moving in together.
Speaker 1: Oh that's exciting, all right. So the four Voices who do you think you can hear?
Speaker 16: I think I got the first one wrong. But I first said Wonka, then I said sleepers in Seattle. Then I said Shrek and Forrest Crump.
Speaker 1: Close but no, Tully, I don't matter. Do you want to have another? Go let me play for you one more time. Jay, stay there, mate, he go listen to any time You've got I think you've got this.
Speaker 14: We also tried to stick to the four men food groups and candy, candy, kings, candy corns, Siah, I'll have what she's having.
Speaker 15: Donkey anyway, Like I was saying, is the food on the sea?
Speaker 1: All right? Any new ideas?
Speaker 16: The first one is will furrow, it's out of the Christmas one else, yeah, and then the second one at slippers at Seattle. And then my favorite word is donkey, so I called people is a donkey and that's at a Shrek And the last one was out of Jenny said Blake again.
Speaker 1: Sure written, yeah you should have done, but don't worry Forrest cum Forrest come. Yeah, now that that's.
Speaker 6: The second one.
Speaker 1: He hasn't quite so now the second one is a very famous line of movie. Jane. No, that's right, and I really wanted to win this. And it's that scene. It's an iconic scene in a movie. I'll have what she's having. The lady's saying that.
Speaker 16: Peoples in Seattle, which had lead Barne and Thomas.
Speaker 6: Right, actor, that's wrong.
Speaker 1: You know when when so and so met so and so that one, Harry.
Speaker 12: You.
Speaker 1: Have a table, you have a chess. Oh my god, Jay did it. He's a genius. Oh my god, Jay, the genius. You almost had it. We just helped you a little bit, tied it in well kindness. J J takes it home. Well done, Jay, Thanks Christian. That's all right, my pleasure. Jay. Congratulations to you and your partner as well. And yeah, you won the table. We got that, buddy, Well done. Teamwork, team work, thank you. That's all right. We now know that his favorite word is is donkey.
Speaker 8: I love that he was really trying hard to not win.
Speaker 1: That he didn't want any hell from me, did trust me? On wild kindness Day he thought of slipper since the all right, okay, we got the name game coming up next.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Time for this week's Name Game. Lines are open now thirteen fifty five, twenty two do you have a.
Speaker 13: Name that's a pain, a name you always need to explain? Well, we've made that my name as in game, all right.
Speaker 1: If you never heard this before, we do it every Thursday. We try and guess your name. So if you haven't got a name that is a bit of a pain, you'll have your one line that you have to use most days to explain your name to somebody on the phone. We turn into a game, so you call in, you tell us a clue. We take each other on trying to work out what your name is. This is last week's call the one. Welcome to the Name Game. My first name is like the cat Garfield, Cabby, no Felix, Yes, great name. Caller two, good morning.
Speaker 11: My first name as in the river Murray.
Speaker 1: Oh, good job, Yes, oh. Caller three, Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, my name is in.
Speaker 1: Relative nona nce, Nope, cous cousin quote quo cousins. That's how he goes calling out to play them. Thirteen fifty five twenty two s if you can stump the show with your clues.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Let's play this week's name game.
Speaker 6: Do you have a.
Speaker 13: Name that's a pain A name you always need to explain. Well, we may my name as in game.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get ready to play parts. Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Let's do this thing right now.
Speaker 1: Not been quite the same since she gave her that script to read, broke her brain cross floor on the floor like a cryptic crossword clue, Alex, are you ready to play?
Speaker 11: Like a cold spring?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, this's got our first contestant on welcome caller one.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian, hell are we were good?
Speaker 1: Welcome for show and welcome to the name game. What is the clue?
Speaker 16: It's my son's name, his first name, ed It's the Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Suburbs Ivan, Ivan, Brooklyn Brighton Elward, Yes, Edward, Yes, good name.
Speaker 5: T shirt briand and the Blues brother of course.
Speaker 1: Yes, lovely clue. Thank you very much for calling him. Caller to good morning.
Speaker 17: Here are you going?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Good call he too? Welcome? What's your clue? Mate?
Speaker 17: If l W women's team the Demons d the a f l W women's team at their home ground, Oh.
Speaker 1: Demons, casey fields, Casey, casey, casey. Yeah.
Speaker 17: I did try and say steam train driver, but not many I think would have got that. No, American American top forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Casey Cassine, Yeah or voice of was he voice of Shaggy Casey?
Speaker 17: I'm not too sure, mate.
Speaker 1: Shaggy American mates all going on? Yeah, absolutely, okay, thank you for calling a call of three. Hi guys, welcome. What is your clue? Thanks you calling?
Speaker 12: Surname as in spirits.
Speaker 1: Vodka, ghosts, spirits, sad that I went for the booge ones. Are we going top shelf or is it the spirit world?
Speaker 12: It's well, the spirit world kind of. And there's a place in Yarraville as in studios.
Speaker 1: Oh no, some what those studios called suns some theater. No, there's an old theater there.
Speaker 12: No, it's a it's a warehouse in Arraville that has functions in it, as in studios.
Speaker 6: It sounds pretty nice.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I haven't got that.
Speaker 5: Give us another clue.
Speaker 12: I always have to say my surname and then spell it and then say, as.
Speaker 1: In spirits, all right, we're out of time.
Speaker 18: What is it?
Speaker 6: Kindred?
Speaker 1: Oh, very smart clue, but way too smart for this team. That is several notches up from the collective IQ level to faith another level, way more donkey and over again what's the collective name for a bunch of donkeys? Anyways? Well kind of so this is kind to ourselves. Okay, you know, if you're not too smart, it's okay. Breakfast radios pay for us their kies, you know, cool of four, Call of four.
Speaker 18: Hello, Hello, it's in. It's my last my last name and Melbourne taste is the clue?
Speaker 5: Did you say tathe?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Campus free education, No, multiple of trades, apprentice? Oh no, really good? Oh, Bobby the mechanic will be so proud of you, mate, great, great, it's love story.
Speaker 11: He's listening.
Speaker 1: Two dudes, one car. We're out of time. Chim Oh.
Speaker 18: But you would never have got my first name either, because that's the night up night.
Speaker 1: Oh what is it now?
Speaker 5: Is that toll with the t yep?
Speaker 1: That the captain in tonel that's captain? All right, thank you very much for joining him. What's going on out there with the old chuckle sisters all over the place today? They checked out that give me the round? He finished her off yesterday. Should have just said, look, we see we'll see him maybe a part two, maybe.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yesterday on the show, we were doing extreme opinions, and PATSI talked about her displeasure. Are people that will hold up a whole line of traffic as they take their time doing it in about ten different takes trying to reverse into a parking spot, and a lot of you flared up, say I do this, it's one and done. Does not take me ten and one of you. Richard said that Patsy is jealous. Actually she can't actually just reverse park pas He just said, I want to make a bit, Yeah, I'll put it on the line. So it came up with an idea that actually, next week we have a reverse parking challenge. We're calling it the back It Up Cup?
Speaker 6: Are you in?
Speaker 1: This is pressure, It's not just a load of traffic. It's live on the radio. You'll be taking Patsy on.
Speaker 13: God, Patty's gonna hate hey, hey, hey, hey, so you better.
Speaker 10: Hurry up bend park Park Park.
Speaker 6: Do you think that you can take her role at the back it Up? Back it Up Cup?
Speaker 1: All right, the back it Up Cup? Will you claim it? Will you prize it out of Patsy's dead gold hands? Good luck? However, the one thing I will say, Patsy is powerful. Patsy is awesome, But Patsy can be a flapper. Excuse me, I said, you know what I mean, you can get a little bit like the World five.
Speaker 6: I also say some people that have had lifts in with Patty, not me.
Speaker 8: Patty, of course I respect you, but basically it's legendary.
Speaker 1: The fear. It's like doing driving, Miss Patsy. I may have got a lift with Patty. Surprised you made it one. I felt safe with Max step.
Speaker 5: I did nearly cut off a tram.
Speaker 1: Versus a trial. I'll have my money on Batsy.
Speaker 11: Now are you a great driver?
Speaker 1: He has to say that, actually, wrent out of there. I'm going to go back in there is actually what it was. It was the relief if he was reliving the tray.
Speaker 5: So trend there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you want to come in next week and see if you can win the back It Up Cup. If you're good at reversing, are you a one and done? No, several goals, You're won and done. Calling now thirteen fifty five twenty two. Already stiff competition from Jane.
Speaker 4: It's Jane here.
Speaker 2: Hey, pats I'm coming to smash out the Backup Cup. It's not my first winning Manavara. I placed four out of eight events last October, and this one's right up my alley, so prepare yourselves. Tina can give you the right spelling for the trophy, and.
Speaker 5: I'll see you.
Speaker 1: Navara Jane is bringing it. We'll see if I to guess what drink Navara Jane would have, Bundy and Coke. Am I right, Let's do that again tomorrow Friday, Giggles, you just called them. We have a bit of a chat. We all try to take a guess what your drink of Joyce is Body and coke?
Speaker 6: Incredible?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What about for Patsy.
Speaker 5: No, I hate a Shadi No, no, no, too dry?
Speaker 6: No, you're a Pino gree No, not even that.
Speaker 5: For Bacardi, I love a cocon Baccardi. I am glad partial to McCarty.
Speaker 1: Baccardi party. All right, well look that's tomorrow. Show write that down right now, then call and now we did how yesterday? Guy called in Lawrence who is a nambo. So you know, obviously ambulance drivers, they're dealing with high pressure steaks all day long, twenty four to seven. Now he just called earlier. He can't do next sweet because he's got he's got shifts and actually be available, probably not too busy, hopefully not too busy. But he hears he's working.
Speaker 7: Thinking about it overnight, and it's like, nah's.
Speaker 1: Cold face, something called the Ambo's cowards cold.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to make a fool on myself.
Speaker 6: Kind of everyone.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what we need to do, Ambo drivers right now, listening to this calling now we need someone to represent ambo drivers. And then now he's has been shamed by Patsy Paul Lawrence. He's a lovely guy. Patsy ran the state just to the right of Pole Pot. I tell you what, we'd have no machete problems. She'd be going around kicking indoors anyway, where was I? All right? Back it up, cup, back it up, COPD.
Speaker 6: Pat's gonna hate.
Speaker 17: Hey hate heye hay.
Speaker 6: So you better hurry up Bend Park Park Park. Do you think that you can take her role at the backing up? Back it up?
Speaker 1: All right, lines are open now we're taking your cord books next. Just today, he's not been a kind show, dreadful to me.
Speaker 7: Like Pitture of the West from little a Printer's boy in there.
Speaker 5: And then you just compared me to pill part.
Speaker 1: I might just come Bie. You just called ambulance drivers cowards.
Speaker 10: True, that's true.
Speaker 1: Well hang one of the mass of coming out of world kiness, stay very well today. Shame on all of us. Let you know what, the rest of the shows, all year around, we're really nice to each other. We couldn't even fake kindness to go to each other anyway.
Speaker 4: Give us a call now, The Christian o'connal Show podcast.
Speaker 1: It is the ultimate challenge, the biggest one we've ever done. The show Parking under pressure, Reverse parking? Are you a great reverser? Patsy? You thinks she as. We're looking for someone and a team to take her on next week and the back it Up Cup, it's.
Speaker 16: Gonna hate Hey.
Speaker 13: Hey, hey, hey, so you better hurry up bend Park, Park Park. Do you think that you can take her roll at the back it up?
Speaker 6: Back it up up?
Speaker 1: Penelope? It could be you. Why should you come on down next week? Pen Hello?
Speaker 16: Hello, I am a one and done. It's the only way I can reverse.
Speaker 2: That's the only way I can park, to be honest.
Speaker 12: And you know what, it's my biggest flex when I take guys on dates and I'm like, hey, watch this baby, and I just reversed straight back.
Speaker 16: In and they're like, holy they actually she can park.
Speaker 1: This girl can park.
Speaker 6: This girl can park, this girl can pass.
Speaker 1: It's a deal closer. You've got them.
Speaker 18: Hurry, it has to happen.
Speaker 5: It'll happen, all right.
Speaker 1: I have to come on down.
Speaker 6: Bring it on, Patsy.
Speaker 1: You've got really strong competition. You've got someone that competes for fun and forward drives Navarro Jane, and then you've got Penelope. Yeah, he does it for love. And I'm guessing a shady drinker as well. Get Penelope back by the way. Let me just hey, Penanope, do you drink Sharna? Is your drink a choice?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 18: I could, I could drink it. I'm more of a prospect kind of.
Speaker 1: Get sparks by name, sparkles by nature.
Speaker 12: That's it.
Speaker 2: Fancy pants over here.
Speaker 1: Reverses the men into a love life.
Speaker 13: You have to.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next week, Penelope, good luck.
Speaker 12: Can't wait?
Speaker 1: See then, Nikki, Come on down, Nikki. It could be you.
Speaker 18: Good morning, Christian, I hope.
Speaker 1: So all right, Nikki, So tell us why it should be you for the back it up cup?
Speaker 18: Well, I think that we should add in a little bit of complexity. I think we should be able to reverse park. I think we should be able to parallel park. I think we should not use a reversing camera to That's basically like using a springboard for eye jump and a trailer.
Speaker 5: Oh the trailer.
Speaker 1: Now that's level. But if you can do it, if you can do a trainer, you're you are one and done with just a car.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Time Wasted.
Speaker 1: This week start your engines Melbourne. The Formula one Exhibition is coming to Australia for the first time ever. Tickets on sale at F one Exhibition dot Au and you can win a family pass on the Time Wasted Today to go. It's from the twenty ninth of November. Good luck, today's time waster because today's World Kindness Day. We're looking for your kind movies now on a daylight today, you do not go around killing mocking bird.
Speaker 19: You should not to tickle a mocking bird. That's actually yeah, to kill honey, I snuggle the kids, shrink kitchen. The dark Knight rises to the occasion.
Speaker 16: Gold.
Speaker 1: There will be blood. That is a Viner movie. Yeah, there will be blood. Donuts blood. Everyone should give blood.
Speaker 6: That Silver Blood.
Speaker 1: And Life of Home Cooked Pie, My majure love steaking Guinness though, what have you got? Kind movies?
Speaker 8: The Curious Case of Benevolent Buttons, very smart, Gold, Scooby do Be Nice.
Speaker 1: No, No, Scooby Dooby Bronze, The Sheer Witch Projects, Shaky Camera, Yeah, very good, that's gold.
Speaker 6: And not Shutter Island all spooky movie. Yeah, flatter Islands were looking good.
Speaker 1: Silver, And that's because it's World Kindness Day? All right, what if you've got them? We're looking for your kind movies.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today's time waste on World Kindas Day. We're looking for your kind movies. Best in show. You're off this amazing F one exhibition that starts at the end of the month. You can buy tickets now at F Oneexhibition dot com dot au. All right, Ria, are you ready to mark? Let's do it? The Green Smile from Kathy Silver Duhl m for Empathy Silver plus, excuse me myself and Irene. What I'm paul? Saving everyone? Not just private rhyme? That is so smart, very good, saving everyone, not just private us? Yeah, not just Tom Hanks, Emma Osborne, Well done, Texas Chainsaw mass The Massacre to God Pray also very good. Gold Edward Helping Hands Silver, Edward High five Hands Silver minus Mary popping into to see how you are. I love that one, Oh Sue, that's so funny. Compassion of the Christ Silver, When Harry met selfless runs the Empire calls you back yet call back from dark Vagre. What is it that's not darker? I don't know. That was by the one. Four weddings and another wedding, but there's no funerals hinder. We brought a zoo and it's free entry. Don't come to see those Chinese pandas. All right, Who's off to the F one exhibition?
Speaker 6: Ryer Osborne saving everyone not just private rhyme.
Speaker 1: Wol Done, Emma, We're back to my Big Friday Energy bf E
Speaker 4: The Christian o'connall Show Podcast