Speaker 1: Here in the vast plains of Adelaide, South Australia, two young males engage in an ancient ritual known as a podcast. It's purpose to attract mates, and by mates we mean listeners. They're both married, so please don't slide into their dms. Their names are Ben and Leo.
Speaker 2: Good Eye, their podcaster, and welcome to the podcast, especially to all of our gold loyalty members, and then to our silver and of course we do look fondly upon our bronze members, and you do.
Speaker 3: Not acknowledge anything lower.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it was nice to add more people into the loyalty program this morning.
Speaker 2: We're already building some steam.
Speaker 4: It is kind of funny how sometimes you get a bit of a knack for something early, like if it's like if people are taken to it or not.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it's impressed me with how many people have read trying to get into the loyalty program already.
Speaker 2: The reason I'm excited by it for a few reasons, but one of them is because I like that it bridges the gap between podcasts and radio show because the people that listen to the radio show and there is people that just listen to the show, not the podcast, they seem to be froffing it. But then also, of course you listen to the podcast are also froffing it. So it's kind of brings both the worlds together.
Speaker 4: And I think if you're like a it could be a regular radio listener and have a fifteen minute commute in the morning because Adelaide, everything's pretty close and that could be it. Like you might catch especially with the ads and the songs and stuff, you might catch a break or two. Yeah, it' it's hard to fully be in that.
Speaker 3: Obviously. People people listening to the Schlop on the back of this are like so in it hurts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're in the gold Heer gold If you listening to the slop, you're in the Goldier. Even if you haven't got the gold card yet. You just need to make it. You need to make it known that you are available and you want one, and of course we'll get you on and we'll give you a gold easy is that? In the pod Squad Just quickly before we jump into the podcast, Ben Alam's Pod Squad. If you're not in it yet for some reason, join it. We have new members. It brings us to six six nine.
Speaker 3: Six six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty funny, all right, enjoy what was raymas stereo?
Speaker 3: That's six one. We'd have to lose.
Speaker 2: Six one Rama Stereo fifty followers to get that, we'd have to lose fifty followers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, correct, we gain one thousand. No, that would be good, yep, So then yeah, then we can.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Do you know there's lots of when I was in Mexico, just that they.
Speaker 2: Really are we getting sloppy on the front.
Speaker 3: It does sound like we' getting a little slap in the front. I'll save that for the background, all right, enjoy.
Speaker 2: Yes, good morning Adelaide, particularly to all of our Gold members in the Ben and Lamb Loyalty program, and then of course a good morning to all our Silver members, and welcome to our bronze. If you're not a member yet, we do not wish you a good morning.
Speaker 4: No, we have a call already from Stacy and O'Sullivan's beach.
Speaker 3: What can we do you for? You called ten minutes before the shoven started, Stace.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know how you going. I was super excited and I had to work this morning, but it's early, so I'm not waiting.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I'm going to get at it and and so you're calling for the loyalty program.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am, That's why I'm calling. Yeah, I want to be.
Speaker 3: Gold Well, okay, how long have you been listening to the show for.
Speaker 5: Since you started? I know I didn't know you before in the days or anything, but the day you started and I've been all over it.
Speaker 2: That looks we do know the name Stacy is Sulvan's Beach. We see you call up regularly, so there's there's a big tick there. Can I ask you a question? Who's talking right now?
Speaker 5: That was Ben?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good so far, you've definitely got silver.
Speaker 5: I gave you guys a gift at your householding party two Ozzie Cole.
Speaker 3: Stacy, I remember you. You gave us a present and that was very very kind of you. Is there so obviously you're at the big housewarming party. Is there anything else from our tenure that you can remember since the first of April? Just a couple of things that come to mind, maybe to really I.
Speaker 5: Came in, I came into the studio and I did a sit down with Season and.
Speaker 2: You sat down with that boss how to drink?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so now I'm yeah, so this that wasn't a radio bit. I think that's what radio stations do sometimes, where they have focus groups where they they ask you questions and then they decide whether to give us another contract at the end of the year. That's just something that know. But yeah, you are very close to the.
Speaker 2: Show, Stacy. You're certainly going the right way about getting a gold card. Can I ask, are you in our Facebook group Ben and Liam's pod squad?
Speaker 5: No, but I am in our for listeners.
Speaker 2: Okay, So look, I'm going to give you. I'm going to give you silver status today, Stacy, but then you've got to reach for Okay.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I'll just join that pod squad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's joined the pod squad.
Speaker 4: And maybe I don't know if you listen to the podcast as well, but there's probably like half an hour to forty minutes of extra stuff that you're not hearing every day that we do at the end of the podcast. So and look and just know, only one listener has gold sat are so far.
Speaker 3: So silver is still very good.
Speaker 4: You will be sent to fridge magnet, you get VIP invites to kiss events, also one priority call a year. And I got to say, you're still earning points at one and a half times faster than the bronze so you're going to be at golden no time.
Speaker 2: You're on your stacy. Always a pleasure to speak with a silver tiered listener.
Speaker 4: It's ten, It's seen Renee in Salisbury Park.
Speaker 3: Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 7: I'm good.
Speaker 3: How are you guys? Yeah, very well done. Thanks for calling. That automatically puts you into the bronze tier of the best aiming for gold. We're all aiming for gold. We're all aiming for gold.
Speaker 4: But you are in the program now and the only way from you know, to move up is just to get involved more.
Speaker 2: And maybe you're asking yourself, what do I get if I'm a Bronze tier in the loyalty program. You get looked upon fondly.
Speaker 4: Yes, OK, And you also get a complimentary custom digital bronze plated card which will be sent to you right after this quiz. But let's see if we can win you the prize as well. The first photos of Tony Modra have been posted since his accident. Famously, which team did mods play for?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: There has been an outcry over the current state of Hindley Street. Can you name one Adelaide nightclub past or present?
Speaker 2: Would you say Rio's? Yeah, Leo, I don't think they ever went to Rios. What was that all about?
Speaker 3: Boys? Like was a year old or is it a current thing?
Speaker 6: It was an older one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, must have been like a cowboy thing before the woolshed was a cowboy thing.
Speaker 3: Because that's the main cowboy thing. Now okay, well the Calm Games have arrived in Glasgow. Which country is that in?
Speaker 9: Well it's in Snotland, yes, ok yeah, I was like my dad was born there.
Speaker 3: Well in Europe or just a Glasgow, Scotland?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, okay it's d day for Rev Wilson with her co star in court today. Where Reb Wilson from Australia. Yeah he's done, he Robbie Williams been in the news. We're speaking about it.
Speaker 4: Yesterday some people thought a little white crumb fell out of his nose during a live German TV broadcast bit naughty. But now when we slow the footage town we're seeing it's just a mint flying out of his mouth.
Speaker 3: Can you finish these lyrics?
Speaker 11: Came you?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Let me entertain you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, entertain you that's not a word, but now entertain you. Yep, you've done well done.
Speaker 2: You are heading along to go to Red Hot Summer Tour.
Speaker 6: Am I moving up to Gold?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Well it's just yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean, you did just get for playing the quiz. You did just get five hundred points, Renee.
Speaker 3: Did you start listening on the first of April this year?
Speaker 5: Is that when you got started that day? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So there's you know, there's some people that have been listening for like thirteen years who are not even in Gold yet, you know what I mean. So like it's yeah, it's hard, it's hard to get and we we want it to be achievable, but people need to put in the work and you're.
Speaker 3: You're on the right way, Renee.
Speaker 2: Renee. Look, I mean I will give you one final test before we check everyone's roads. If you can tell us who's talking right now you are walking away with a silver tear, then congratulations.
Speaker 3: Well done, just moved to silver.
Speaker 2: You get yourself one priority call.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Also vi Ip invites to kiss events and a Ben and Land fridge. Maggot, You've done pretty well this morning, Liam.
Speaker 2: Something that is uniquely South Australian to me. I know it's starting to creep into other states, particularly Victoria. But when I think about it, I think South Australia is on the run. OTR O T.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it very much felt like it was the first people were here anyway to just be like, what if you can get your petrol?
Speaker 3: But there's also Brumbies and you know a very tiny little supermarket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can get like wow, you can get unleaded ninety one. Yep, you can get a pie with a face.
Speaker 3: On it and milk.
Speaker 4: They're going, guys, what about if we did diesel ninety five unleaded and subways.
Speaker 2: Chuck a Wendy's in there? Is it Wendy's notes the.
Speaker 3: Most shacking go go, most go? What if we could get hot dogs, premium fuel and an a porto? Yeah? Well done.
Speaker 2: They just thought about it.
Speaker 3: They just did it a little differently. And yeah, I mean they're everywhere now, really aren't they everywhere?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 2: I need someone to call thirteen one oh six five if you work at an OTR or you have worked at an OTR, So I need someone in the OTR ecosphere because I have a question for you. I Mean, we've said they're everywhere, so there's a lot of employees. I don't think it's a massive ask to expect someone to call who's worked at an OTR.
Speaker 3: What, Yeah, you did a shift at a Brumbies in two thousand and eight, would take it?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm hoping that you more just worked behind the main register.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you don't want people on the.
Speaker 2: Brumbies and subway and stuff their franchises to operator.
Speaker 4: Of course, you know, Hungry Jacks is in there, but they share a staff toilet with the rest of the OTR, you know what I mean. They're still working at the OTR.
Speaker 2: They do. But I just I feel like my question probably does pertain to the person working the register at OTR.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So if you worked at Brumbies or Pieface, yep, I don't think you have the skills.
Speaker 3: Okay, it looks yeah, look, it's a specific request.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: No one has called for this yet, but yeah, Ben has a question. If you've worked one register at an OTR.
Speaker 2: Yep, thirteen one oh six five calling all OTR employees and ex employees. Now, I said, if you work at an OTR at the petrol station on the run, to call thirteen one oh six five. Now, Keisha and Mount Barker has given us a buzz good morning morning. Now, you used to work there, you still do? I used to work there, okay, were doing night shift or during the day, Yeah, on night shift, night shift? Okay.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: The thing that I was curious about, the reason I needed someone from OTR to call, was because I had a question around when you go to OTR and you leave, Famously, they've always got the little smiley face through to negative face when you leave and you press the faces, depending on the experience you sometimes they.
Speaker 3: Have it in airport toilets as well, And I always spam the happy face, even if I wasn't particularly happy with the experience.
Speaker 2: Even though it was a tart on the sink.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, even if the person was kind of rude.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm a it's a small like, I don't know, those pictures work for me, and if it's a small way to spread happiness, ias like.
Speaker 2: Well, the reason I ask is because I'm wondering, is there any kind of incentive or punishment attached to the faces.
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 9: Well, if you get lots of happy faces, I'm not sure how many exactly it is, you get a pay bonus, get.
Speaker 5: A lot of Yeah, you get a lot of angry faces.
Speaker 9: Then you get a lot of angry managers.
Speaker 3: Right, so it's not like they doc your Hey, I suppose the obvious question is, you know, if it's a long night shift, what's stopping you from going over and smashing the button the five hundred times so you get a pain.
Speaker 5: I actually used to do that depending on my own experience.
Speaker 9: If I was having a bad shift, I was just spend the angry face, and if I was having a good shift, I'd just spend that happy face.
Speaker 4: Okay, people like I suppose you could get all sorts, but like were people like pretty nice on the night shift?
Speaker 3: They like, do you get nine characters?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you definitely get a few interesting characters. When I was doing my training, I had to do it at the West Terrace on the run.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know the one. It's a big one that obviously in Heinley Street.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I had a quite interesting character helping me do the.
Speaker 9: Fuel dips in the morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a field dip when you check in much petrols left.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think they do it anymore, but you had to pull these things out and see how much fuel were in each the tanks and yeah, right man on some substances, yep.
Speaker 13: I was just talking to me and I was like, would you mind moving the current to me?
Speaker 5: As I go along?
Speaker 3: Put on him gives you a happy face?
Speaker 2: Well that's actually I thought maybe it was a placebo and it did nothing. It was more just to get your anger out or your happiness out. But it turns out there, so you.
Speaker 4: Actually that's and and say, now that sort of like honestly, I thought I was just putting good vibes out into the world.
Speaker 3: That kind of validates it for me. So if someone's if you ever see one.
Speaker 4: Of those happy faces, give it, give it a couple of and don't just hit it once. Just give it a couple of clicks, and you know, maybe there's a bit of incentive for the person that was working behind the counter.
Speaker 2: Hey, Keisha, when you called up, it was a number that's never called before. Is this your first time on the show? Yeah, well, look, welcome to the Ben and Lam Loyalty program. Because you've gotten involved with the show, you're now a Bronze member.
Speaker 4: Oh hell yeah, yeah, congratulations, So obviously we'll get your complimentary custom digital Bronze play card right over to you. You don't get perks at the minute, but you do get looked upon fondly. And of course if you continue to call, you're only going to move up in the loyalty program.
Speaker 2: And because we're looking upon you fondly, I want to give you a couple of tickets to go to Jackass, the new Best and Last movie.
Speaker 14: Oh what yes, yeah, he wait.
Speaker 3: This is just all perks of being a part of a loyalty program.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, good morning Adelaide, particularly to all our gold, silver and bronze members in the loalter program.
Speaker 3: If you've missed it, we've started a new loyalty program for frequent listeners. Marie and Salisbury down, So you would like to be in the program?
Speaker 14: Hey Ben, I'd like to be in this loyalty program.
Speaker 3: All right, that's a bit of a worry, so you did say, hey Ben, I'm Liam.
Speaker 4: So look you can be in the program, but of course just as a bronze, because unfortunately you do need to that's kind of the main one you need to differentiate between the two of us.
Speaker 3: And it's a fifty to fifty. Would you like to have another crack? Marie? Who's talking now?
Speaker 2: Liam.
Speaker 11: Very good.
Speaker 2: That's good. But Marie, you are still going to be given bronze. Okay, but you can it's only up from here.
Speaker 15: That's fine.
Speaker 14: I don't worry. I went, I went, our budges I budge is quite a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good. Well, keep keep bugging, Marie.
Speaker 4: That's like honestly, how you you move up in the tear system, And of course there's many rewards to be unlocked as you go.
Speaker 2: Good on your Marie. Kurt joins us now in blake View. Good morning, Kurt, how you doing?
Speaker 16: I'm good boys, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Now, am I right in saying long time listener, first time call the Kurt?
Speaker 15: That's correct?
Speaker 8: Yes, mate, most definitely.
Speaker 14: I've been listening to you guys ever since you've just begun, and I have to say, you give me a laugh every morning. Believable.
Speaker 5: Heard.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. And how long have you been listening to the station.
Speaker 16: For since the early nineties? One point three?
Speaker 2: Goodness? Great, holy gosh, yeah, no, you sound like a young man, Kert.
Speaker 3: And Kurt? Is this the is this the first time you've called us?
Speaker 14: This is the first time?
Speaker 3: So and that's that This is where it's hard right, because it's like, you know, there's it's hard to say you can be more loyal than listening to US radio station for like twenty years.
Speaker 4: We said since the nineties. It's closed up for thirty years now. And that being said, it's your first time calling and in the Ben and Lead loyalty program.
Speaker 3: The more you call, the more you move up.
Speaker 2: How about this, Kurt, how about we give you a nice silver membership card.
Speaker 14: Silver sounds good, mate, got somewhere, don't you.
Speaker 3: You've got to start somewhere, you get one.
Speaker 2: I don't know where you can go down to bras well.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: If we feel like there's a lack of calling, maybe you know, Kurt, maybe we hear you on SAFM or something, we will revoke you to a bronze and we're not afraid to do that. So yeah, but look, I'm sure, I'm sure you're only going to go up. So Kurt, we will send you your complementary custom digital silver plated card and you'll get tons of with that.
Speaker 3: They'll have all the details on it made up.
Speaker 8: Is there anything like is there a platinum level?
Speaker 10: If you like that?
Speaker 3: Well, look I got go.
Speaker 4: There has been a lot of chat about it, Kurt, and just with just the program only launched yesterday, so baby steps. But all I'll say is watch this space. This space, people will be battening down the gold hatches, and people will want to go further and further, and I'm sure the loyalty program will expand.
Speaker 2: It shows how hungry people are there. Because Kurt just got silver, he's asking about platinum.
Speaker 3: He wants the one two skip a few ninety nine hundred.
Speaker 2: Let's just walk before we run, Kurt leem and I would love to know right now on thirteen one oh six five, what's a real excuse that you used? That sounded fake.
Speaker 3: Like it's the the you know, dog ate my homework, but the dog actually did homework. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The reason is because the American Police Force has released a video saying that if you get pulled over for speeding, saying you need to pooh. Isn't a good enough You would think it's a sure fire away, But apparently a lot of people trying that on.
Speaker 7: And just had coffee and I had to poop make puts trying to get home because I got a pool.
Speaker 3: I have to pop really bad.
Speaker 2: I'm like myself, Bro, there's dozens of people using this excuse me undesert.
Speaker 3: Would you have a pool pike out of pop so bad you have to pee or something?
Speaker 2: Nother one imagine getting the fine right, so you get done for speeding. You also probably did need to do a poo. You get home and then you see that video posted and it's they've got you with the body cam footage saying you need to do a poo.
Speaker 3: It's like you quivering and go with the other one.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the only way that's working is if you commit to the bit and follow through.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, potentially, then you.
Speaker 3: Might be you know, they might feel sorry for you, but you have to be willing to put your money where your mouth is.
Speaker 2: You got to commit to it.
Speaker 4: A real excuse that sounded fake. Maybe here your boss was just like, what, it's why you didn't come into work something I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, Yeah, like I don't know. Did the dog get stuck in the car? Potentially, you know that sounds pretty it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't sound so fake. I don't even know how that would happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what if you don't get stuck in the in the car somehow it would be scared if your dog was stuck in the car This's not like you can.
Speaker 3: Say just press the like pull the thing, you know what I mean? Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: Real excuse that sounded fake? Thirteen one oh six five is the number.
Speaker 2: We have got one hundred dollars uber Its vouchers to give away. Also, if you get involved with this one and we love your story, I'm going to give you immediate silver in the Ben and lemb Lord program. Yeah. Yeah, if you're a good enough caller. Wow, immediate silver. That's crazy call us right now. Thirteen one oh six five. We want to know a real excuse that sounded fake?
Speaker 3: Jess in Coramando Valley, you have one of these?
Speaker 14: I sure do, get a man. I don't know how many bosses would have heard this one before. I have a three year old child, and I had spent days trying to collect a stool sample, and right when I was due to go to work, I have got glad wrap on the toilet and my hands holding a little poop hole trying to collect a pooh sample. So I had to ring my boss and say sorry, I'm going to be late. Of all the days, she's decided to go to the toilet right now, So I'm busy trying to catch a poo.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, you got it. Sometimes when it's calls, you get to catch that poo. So your child went three days without going.
Speaker 14: Yeah, oh well I could never catch it, or she would go and wouldn't tell me. And so I had been trying for days to catch this pooh and finally, at a not very convenient time, I'm there trying to catch a poo.
Speaker 2: And how did your boss take it?
Speaker 14: They laughed when I rang up. They couldn't believe it. They hadn't heard that excuse before. So it's going to be a bit late. And so the whole shift, everyone kept coming.
Speaker 9: Up to me.
Speaker 14: It's like spread through, like wildfire through everyone saying, hey, did you get the pooh sample?
Speaker 2: Yes? I really hope if you have a husband at home that you also told without the glad wrapp on the toilet.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, I didn't want to drop out in the toilet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wouldn't want to just you know, Yeah, he's not born in an ab and three lads of ice coffee the day before? Why didn't you tell me about Jess? You could have told me about the glad.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jess, because you have given us a buzz for this one, I'm gonna give you immediate Silver membership in the Ben and Lam Loyalty Program. Congratulations, Wow, amazing.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys, No, it really is.
Speaker 4: You'll get your complimentary custom digital silver plated card sent right to you, and of course you'll get lots of perks, including one priority call a year.
Speaker 2: Also, to sweeten the deal, because you were the first caller for that one, I'm going to give you one hundred dollars Uber eights voucher.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 14: Amazing, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: That'll be fantastic, and of course that will be sent out to you express. Because you're a part of the Silver program. You're going to go to Peter in Manapara.
Speaker 4: I've noticed you've just come through on the fast Track hotline number because of course you have priority calling Peter as one of our Gold Loyalty Tier program members.
Speaker 3: Good morning to you, Peter.
Speaker 16: Good morning boys. So my story was a few months ago. I woke up to go to work four or thirty in the morning, about to leave the house and I realized that the road was blocked because there was a caravan being in Pandied and the police had a tow truck there.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, rare to get a caravan in pounded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how did the boss take that one?
Speaker 16: Yeah, he didn't really believe me, but I took a photo and then show enough. He was like, oh, turned out you weren't.
Speaker 4: Like now these days of course you can just ai generate anything so you can take Yeah, there was this draft that like you know, it took a kid from kindy down the road.
Speaker 2: Actually, now I think about it. If you don't know, we haven't mentioned it yet. But producer Bell, who's always on the phone, she's off sick today, got a migraine. I have my doubts.
Speaker 3: No, well that's yeah, that's different. That's a that's a fake excuse that sounded real.
Speaker 4: So that's that's actually if Belle was calling, that would be for the opposite. Loz, you're in well and this is your daughter. A real excuse that sounded fake, A real.
Speaker 5: Excuse, by the way, I remember zero zero two.
Speaker 4: So sorry, And we haven't actually marked it down on the phone lines. It is in our back end system, but we're still sinking them up a few complications.
Speaker 3: On our part. So what loyalty tier were you again?
Speaker 17: Liz?
Speaker 4: Sorry, Ron Bron, you know what you've called back the next day, so you're going to get another two hundred loyalty points.
Speaker 2: And because you were honest, you could have said gold, we would have believed you. So you've got you another five hundred points, which means you are now a silver Liz.
Speaker 4: Great, yep, so yeah, we we'll cut that bronze plated card up for you and get you another silver today.
Speaker 3: So look at that, you're flying. You're flying through the tears, Liz. You could be gone by the end of the week at this, right, All right.
Speaker 2: Good on you. Let's get onto your story. Now, A real excuse that sounded fake.
Speaker 5: Our dog ate my daughter's homework.
Speaker 3: It actually did what was it like a diorama or was that a you know, just a just.
Speaker 10: Like a math math homework that you had to do and we had to take a photo just in case they a question, right you?
Speaker 3: So you actually it was the old adage and you have right. So and did you eat sorry, did you take the photo after it was digestive or was it before like this just the nibbled out part.
Speaker 13: Oh not the digest it bit, no way, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: A fair call. Yeah, some little pieces of paper with Pythagris's theorem hanging out some dog poopod. Sorry, missus Smith, we couldn't complete the work.
Speaker 2: Good on your Liz, Thank you very much. Kelly joins us. Now, good morning. What's the real excuse? That sounded fake?
Speaker 3: Hello? Hey, Kelly?
Speaker 11: Hey, how are you well?
Speaker 7: I couldn't go into work because I stabbed myself in the foot with a knife.
Speaker 3: Oh you really stabbed yourself on the foot on that one?
Speaker 7: I did cutting up an avocado while making a salad. So who says salads are healthy?
Speaker 11: Certainly not?
Speaker 7: Because I got myself into die of trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, So you dropped the knife onto your foot? How was the damage?
Speaker 7: Pretty bad? So stabbed me in the top of the foot, st with the tendon to my big tie to surgery. Six weeks in a cast and six weeks in a moonboot.
Speaker 3: That's heavy, Kelly. Were you wearing shoes at all or just bare foot?
Speaker 7: Don't wear songs? Cutting up a saturd guy cat foot?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Tell you what though, bloody good story. Are you in the loyalty program?
Speaker 14: Kelly?
Speaker 11: I'm not, but I'm.
Speaker 7: Listening to what I'm Kane, hoping I'm going to be more than bronze.
Speaker 3: Well, is this is this the first time you told a story on our show. Kelly.
Speaker 7: I've run up before for competitions, but I'll be honest, this is the fan.
Speaker 4: You are a very good storyteller. You are in Bronze, so you do get looked upon fondly. But one more story like.
Speaker 3: That in the next month. You know the track you're on. You'll be silver and no time. Okay done, Kelly. Well, welcome to the Loyalty Program and we look forward to hearing from you again.
Speaker 2: So we are giving you an exclusive opportunity become a part of our loyalty membership program.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very good morning, particularly to all Ben and Liam Gold Loyalty Program card holders.
Speaker 2: And which is one person at the moment, one.
Speaker 4: Person Anastagia from Wison Lakes aka the Prize Moll. But also a warm welcome to our silver guests, Bronze listeners, and if you're a new listener, we hope you listen again. Carol, you're in Mount Pleasant. You've heard about the Loyalty program. Now we know we've definitely had you on before. You want a Friday meet Tray.
Speaker 14: Right, I run some hay Darling.
Speaker 2: Yes, thee the hate because you adopted all those our packers. And then you also named two of our packers Ben and Liam.
Speaker 18: I did, I did, and I have so Yeah, we rescued them because they were going to be utnized.
Speaker 14: So I rescued nine of them, and I have two boys, and I have named them after you too.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 3: That is dare I say that's close to I know you want to say, she rescued nine our packers are named two of them after us. I think that's gold.
Speaker 2: We can do gold, Caro, Carol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. You get already calling.
Speaker 4: You get the fast track hotline number, you accumulate points two and a half times faster, You get a Ben and Lamb fridge magnet sent to you, and a complimentary song request.
Speaker 3: Would you like to catch it in at a later date?
Speaker 14: Oh that sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Carol. I have to think about the song you want as well, and you can call up anytime and request it.
Speaker 3: Ryan in blake View, you want to be in the loyalty club?
Speaker 15: Definitely, Liam, definitely.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Dropped Leam's name good sort of say, like you know when people are calling up and they can't tell who's her, sort of a sure fire way the bronze. But you've been listening for a little while right now.
Speaker 15: Definitely, So I followed over your five radio stations. Obviously I don't want to mention them, but yeah, I know all five radio stations you've been on growing up. Wow, obviously you know follow use guys when you're done the KI all sorts. Obviously know Liam very well for his you know, skits and voiceovers. But not many people know about Ben. I mean, you know, I know your hobby, mate.
Speaker 2: What's my hobby?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Golf, in mate, I do like golf, Yeah, I don't too much on it.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, me too like golf as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, where do you play?
Speaker 15: I was a member for many years throughout Cuddley Creek before they closed down, went to Cayton Valley and then finished up in Morson Akes.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's not a part of the loyalty program officially, but Ryan, we have spoken about platinum being introduced at some point, and I would like to think platinum members get a round of golf with band or something like that.
Speaker 3: That would be you know what I mean? And that golden Yeah, and you could.
Speaker 2: Do rather than golf because some people might not want to play golf. You could do activity of your choosing with host of your chooses, Ryan, do you.
Speaker 3: Listen to the podcast?
Speaker 15: I do listen to it. So throughout obviously your secret stained and all of your like clues and your you know, over the years, all of your prizes you run, I've gone back and actually watched them and listen to them throughout the day of like throughout work and that. So yeah, you would say, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean the fact that you've Yeah, if you've been since the since the early days, I think, I mean, you have to be a gold you have to.
Speaker 2: Beg Yeah, you got yourself gold.
Speaker 4: Gold status, no worries only up from here. Well, it's actually the highest tier at the moment.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're in a very giving mood this morning.
Speaker 4: Get true, we were really holding back the gold, but everyone's been getting.
Speaker 3: Gold so far.
Speaker 2: Honestly, we're not saying this to make it sound like hypey, but we've got full phone lines. A lot of people don't want to get involved with the low ing to get involved, which is lovely to see. Beverly joins us now and tram Mere. Good morning, Beverly. You want to be in the program.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, when did you start listening to the show?
Speaker 13: Oh my all when you were back in the day with Nova and yeah, And I've always stayed with the station, and I was just so staked when if you guys were coming to the station as well.
Speaker 3: So that's a tricky one, so, Beverly, And I'm not trying to poke holes, but you said listen to us, but you've stayed with this station, So it's slightly contradicting. It's it feels like someone's trying to get gold here and they might be trying to pull the wall over our eyes. But we just you know, it's a very tricky program to get into, so we just have to ask all We've got to cross all the t's and dot the eyes, Beverly, We've got to go through all of the paperwork.
Speaker 2: Beverly, let me ask you another follow up question in your induction here, which one of us has children been correct? All right, well, Beverly, I'm going to give you silver ocay. Congratulations, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: What about what.
Speaker 13: About knowing memes mom and dads.
Speaker 3: With your mom really pariful gardens time?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 13: Yes, well, and I still see your mum and dad to this day.
Speaker 2: I believe you, but can you give us their names?
Speaker 3: Lian and so Wow, pretty good, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I believe you know Liam's parents.
Speaker 3: A lot of people know my parents, but don't necessarily listen. Look, Beverly, I think you are you are firm silver. But look, I'll give you another two hundred status points. So it means you are very very very close to gold. You just need to keep calling the show and getting involved in You've been golden no time.
Speaker 13: Okay, absolutely, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Good on your Beverly. You are here with Ben and liamb and welcome to all of our gold card holders in the Ben Lam Loyalty program of course. Also hello to our Silver and Bronze members too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, it's the fastest growing loyalty program on the planet. It only started yesterday, but it's it's exploding and people want to get involved frequent listeners of the show.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say the name of the company, and we're not making this up, but a big company reached out.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, true, I did.
Speaker 4: I threw something off the cuff kind of as a joke, but I was like really nearly hoping and people can hit you know if you want to work it out, you can listen to the podcast yesterday. It would be in there, and the actual company reached.
Speaker 2: Out and we are now in negotiations around them getting involved with the loyalty program.
Speaker 4: Wild so yeah, watch this space, Lisa and Elizabeth Park. You are a reasonably new caller.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 10: I am?
Speaker 11: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Good morning Lisa. So who did you listen to back in the day, Sam?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: And you've made the switch. Okay, well we appreciate that. So Lisa, you're sort of a couple couple of months in would you say?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I'd say a couple of months in and I'm thoroughly enjoying.
Speaker 3: It's wonderful.
Speaker 4: Keep it y, Lisa, and look, we will get you a complimentary custom digital bronze plated card right away. Will fast track it for you because we like your energy and you are going to be looked upon fondly now that you are part of the loyalty program and next silver.
Speaker 3: Okay, amazing, lady. I love to hear at Hamish and Angele Vale. Here's the name. I recognize. You've been listening for donkeys, right, So.
Speaker 8: I've been listening for donkeys and more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well even more than donkeys.
Speaker 2: Have you ever gotten involved with the show in like a party capacity or an event that we've done.
Speaker 8: I've got involved in one while back. I'm trying to remember what it was. But what I need is more films. I need to get into this lounge. Let me get cozy, and let's get some prizes. Go.
Speaker 3: This is the thing.
Speaker 4: Now, I did allude to this yesterday. We haven't actually opened Platinum tier yet. Platinum tea. Yeah, at some point it'll be lounge access, so you can come in and sit in on the show anytime you want, free snacks and drinks, and in a ton of other perks.
Speaker 3: But we haven't actually.
Speaker 4: Opened that tier yet, and I think the club needs to build to a certain point before the loyalty program expands. So at the to start with, the highest week of offer is gold and the lowest weekend offer is Bronze.
Speaker 2: Now, Hamish, I know you are a regular one hundred per.
Speaker 4: Very in the podcast as well. We've had you on for chats in the podcast before, so I.
Speaker 2: Reckon we're going to give you gold mate. Congratulations.
Speaker 8: So it's what a privilege. And let's just say, Ben Lamb, We're going to have a dog in us. We're playing at my bree.
Speaker 3: Boys dad is right, Yeah, Hamish place with marbre Jets and I used to do a bit of my handiwork there. This still whispers about it around the clubrooms. Apparently good we do.
Speaker 2: We do have to at some point move on and get on with the actual radio show. But let's put on Tamika in Highbury. Good morning. How you doing.
Speaker 10: I'm fantastic, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Now what tier in the membership program are you? Are you aiming for.
Speaker 3: Our top level?
Speaker 10: But I'm not going to get this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 3: Don't. Don't run yourself down, are you? How long have you been listening to the station for.
Speaker 12: Since the mixed days early Eli and.
Speaker 3: Max Okay, yep, yeah, but you've listened to us since we started on the first of April? Was that right?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well I like that and I've enjoyed the show.
Speaker 14: Of course.
Speaker 9: I'm saying all the right things here.
Speaker 4: To Meka in recent history since we've started, you know, you're not even one hundred percent listening, You're one hundred and ten percent listening.
Speaker 3: What has been your favorite part of the show in the last few months.
Speaker 18: I'd have to say it's on a daily YouTube rambling off random things absolutely.
Speaker 11: Crack me up.
Speaker 8: We do.
Speaker 3: About super specific I think, look what I will say.
Speaker 2: Other than secret stain Tamika, Can you say one thing that we do on the show regularly.
Speaker 11: The pop quiz?
Speaker 3: Yeah, stationy thing like is there anything that comes to mind?
Speaker 2: Any other segments?
Speaker 4: And that's all right, that's all right. You're on the spot, you're in the program, you're in the bronze. We've got your complimentary custom digital bronze.
Speaker 3: Played a card and you know what you said. You were one hundred and ten percent in. So we're going to give you twenty five percent more than the average bronze for Ben and Leam loyalty points there for frequent listeners. So yeah, you won't be too far off your silver status. Just keep listening, keep calling, keep getting involved, and you're working out with the programs. God, I feel awful, feel absolutely awful, Feel like the worst guy in the world right now.
Speaker 2: I really do those two crumpets yet this morning.
Speaker 4: No, that hasn't helped. No, But it's it's not a feeling in my stomach. This is a feeling in my heart.
Speaker 3: Because last night I was scratching my dog Toby like a little cavertile, give them little scratching their chest. And I was saying, it's going to be your birthday next week. And then as I said it, my wife and I gasped and looked at each other. It was his birthday on Monday. We've missed a son's birthday, you monsters. It's in my I literally have it in.
Speaker 4: My calendar, twentieth of July. It's got his name and some little poor princess his birthday.
Speaker 2: You do seem a bit flat on it.
Speaker 3: I'm flat.
Speaker 4: I mean he's he's fifty two in dog years, nine years old, forgot his birthday and it comes around once a year.
Speaker 3: It's not a hard thing to remember. It's the only only day you should you know. I don't treat him that extra little special, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should beat yourself up because he's a dog and he doesn't know what his birthday night.
Speaker 3: They might know, we don't know that.
Speaker 8: They don't know.
Speaker 3: They don't know, they could know. But I just I felt real bad, So I was just I gave him like two extra little treat sticks last night, and it's a birthday treat stick. Yeah, it's just sort of yeah, but now I feel like we need to go all out this weekend and do a dog birthday or something like that.
Speaker 2: You could try and spin it like you knew his birthday but you were planning the big bash for the weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it's surprise, but they're coming up like we didn't want you. Wanted you to think that we've forgotten. Because he loves if you get a chibo, they give free pappaccinos, do they?
Speaker 3: He loves those.
Speaker 4: So I was thinking maybe we could get him a puppaccino. Maybe could invite all his friends.
Speaker 3: Do you want to come? Who's put a dog party this weekend?
Speaker 2: Well, it is my son's birthday party.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's more important.
Speaker 4: You know, my dog's fifty two and dog is it's a it's a big it's a big, momentous birthday.
Speaker 2: No, to be fair, my son's birthday isn't for another two.
Speaker 3: Weekends, but you could probably fit it.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to go to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah okay, well it's going to be fun. What I'd like to know is to people have has anyone actually.
Speaker 3: Thrown their dog or their pet a celebration like a birthday party?
Speaker 2: Can I bring my dog your dog's birthday time.
Speaker 4: They famously don't get along, so I prefer if you didn't, you can come. You can come with the family. Maybe maybe leave fin at home. Okay, yeah, but thirteen one oh six five, maybe you know it could be a birthday party, or if you just you go the distance and you you celebrate your pet with like a meat cake or something on their birthday. I'm open to all suggestions because I'm feeling awful I've missed my dog's birthday.
Speaker 3: I want to do something special.
Speaker 4: They don't have as many birthdays as us, you know, that's why you've got to really celebrate them. They bring you so much joy. So thirteen one six five, if you have gone the extra mile to celebrate your pet on their birthday, their milestone birthday, I want to hear from you this morning. Did you celebrate your pet's birthday? I forgot my little dog, Toby's birthday on Monday, very upset about it. Nine years old. He's cavertile and just flat. I mean I had it in my phone and everything, remember every year, but forgot this year.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to go all out this weekend. Rose in Frinda Park. Did you have a poll party? For your pet.
Speaker 5: Morning guys. Yes, we're hot.
Speaker 2: Load the thought.
Speaker 3: Oh yep, yep.
Speaker 10: I am invited about five dogs, about ten people, put on a big spread.
Speaker 11: People went in the pool.
Speaker 14: When the dogs went in the pool, we ate.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How good.
Speaker 4: So obviously, you know for humans you had like barbecue shapes and stuff, and then just like a bowl of smackos or whatever for the dog.
Speaker 15: No, I know, I made up little bento boxes for the dogs.
Speaker 7: Are incredible with their names on.
Speaker 3: Oh amazing. Look I don't have a pool, No, nod died.
Speaker 14: We hired it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, okay, yeah, maybe I could see we could call water World or something and see if I could have a dog party there.
Speaker 3: Incredible Rose, thank you for your story. Natasha and Seaford Heights. Are you also throw a party for your dog?
Speaker 12: I did, Indeed, I have a grudle. Her name's Rain and she was two. I made cakes. I bought everything that humans eat because she didn't have any friends because we were you to the area, so little pies and sabs and nachos and like pine wheels. So instead of actually buying dog food, we just put what we had on our plates on her plate. Because you know, dogs all love eating everything in humans love especially gorudles. There's no space between you and a plate at any meal.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: They're happy eating you know, a bit of gunk off the ground. So you know, I don't know how good little savoys and pin wheels are for dogs. Guts I mean, but I mean to be honest, there's probably similar stuff to what's in the food. And once a year, you know, it's their birthday. Okay, I like that, just little tiny hot dogs. Leah, you're in cow and Dilla, tell us what happened at your party.
Speaker 6: We have a porty for him every year, and he's three now. His name's Gerald Spoor Doodle and we usually go to park and then we get together with other people that we know with dogs, usually around ten people in about five dogs. The first birthday party though, he had all the litters from his puppies, like poppy litter. They all rocked up and then my son actually met his girlfriend there because she was the owner of one of the other little.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 2: It's like a story out of a movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a Disney cartoon or something. I love that. Yeah, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think Toby, you know, from some Victorian sort of spots. I don't know, it might be a bit hard to track the little little liddle down. I don't think his biological mother would still be kicking. Unfortunately, I don't need to remind him on his birthday. That's a great sty real mummy.
Speaker 2: Let's go one more be in Richmond joins us. Now, now you're gonna be celebrating your dog's birthday this weekend, Is that right? What do you have planned?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Hello, guys, I got a big fan.
Speaker 14: Hello.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, So celebrat my dog's birthday this week and we've got like a whole itinery plans. Actually she's but it's my first birthday with her because I adopted her in January. But there's so many things to do around Adelaide. So we're actually going to Hallick Coo. I think it's a boat shed cafe and they do like a dog birthday cake. Can just order it and dog porridge, dog burger and a puppetino.
Speaker 5: Lunch.
Speaker 14: First, a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of me I reckon dog. Yeah.
Speaker 18: I was like, oh my god, we'll have a meal together. That's my favorite way to celebrate. And then we're going to do like a like a beach walk with like place at West Lakes they've got like a beach dog beach and mean they have like a barbecue near its. Eventually can just chill while we have a little cook up there. And then there's also a place at Clemsig and you can hire it out to the indoor pool and you can hire it out four dogs, like it has like all the dog toys and life jackets and you can bring like ten dogs with you. Wow, So we're going to do a little pool bash as well.
Speaker 4: So all around it, I mean, these are all incredible suggestions.
Speaker 2: Also, B, thank you so much for calling. Maybe you soften us up with that common moplement at the start, but with the Ben Mualty program, we're going to give you the silver tier card. Congratulations.
Speaker 7: O my god, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Thanks B.
Speaker 4: Well, a complimentary custom digital silver plated card coming your way, and if you listen for a couple more months, probably going to be in Gold.
Speaker 2: You only one or two more calls away from gold. B. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: We want to do a new game next, but we'll explain it to you because I think it's I'm pretty sure, like every now and then in radio do something. I'm pretty sure we I think we might be the first one is doing this. Seems a little out there, maybe maybe because.
Speaker 3: It won't work.
Speaker 2: Was the plan? I could be wrong here, limbs working it out as we go. Was the plan that will call people to call now, so you call us now, we'll explain what we want. Then the next break people we'll say this stuff and then we'll play the game. That was the plan, right, Let's do that. Okay, So Leam and I have got one hundred dollars Uber Eats voucher up for grabs, one hundred dollars worth of Uber eats on us. But the catch is you have to put up a prize yourself yep, as collateral. If you lose the game, we win your prize yep.
Speaker 4: So I think this kind of came up naturally on air. It's like the idea is like a reverse price. So because we're always giving prizes away, we never get prices. So you're got to be willing to put up some collateral for the for the one hundred dollars Uber Etes voucher, and of course if you don't win, we get the thing that you put up.
Speaker 2: Now, don't overthink it. It could be an old pair of shoes.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have to be to the value of one hundred dollars I don't really care.
Speaker 2: Could be our home cooked meal, get creative with it. It doesn't matter. It's just whatever you deem is. Collateral is the thing that you're putting up for grabs. If you lose, you have to surrender said thing.
Speaker 3: That's us saying reverse prize in, get it down, reverse price. Ben and I always giving away prizes always, and we never get anything ourselves. So we propose a new segment.
Speaker 4: You call up thirteen one oh six five, you offer some collateral, and if we choose you, we play a game next. If you win, you win one hundred dollars. Oub eats about Jack, But if you lose, we get your price.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to decide who plays next after we've chatted with everyone. Okay, so first up, we've got ash in Andrew's farm. Good morning. What's your collateral to play the game? You little pop bigger thing to correct pop final.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I've got a Ripley one.
Speaker 3: Oh. Now, we've had Rare Ripley on the show before. I'm not I'm not really into wrestling. But I do know that she's probably the most famous Adeladian really and she was very nice when we had her on, So that would be cool. That'd be maybe a cool thing to have on a desk one.
Speaker 2: I like it, Ripley, pretty goaded ash, that's a good contender. Let's go Rosemary in Lese. What are you putting up for grabs this collateral?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, how are you good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 6: I'm putting up I'm going to give you twenty dollars worth of free.
Speaker 2: Of you have you got like a voucher or cash?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, no cash?
Speaker 3: As did you know what?
Speaker 14: I feel like it's a great day to day.
Speaker 9: So I'm going to double it forty.
Speaker 2: Bucks all right.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 4: And that's a good gamble because you're going to get a hundred dollars worth of you win the game, so you're really better than yourself there now in wind Vale. Thanks for calling having big brave enough for reverse price. What are you going to offer us collateral?
Speaker 11: You had it, guys, I'm offering a thirty dollars voucher in our X and no co collective?
Speaker 2: Okay? And what's X and no collective?
Speaker 15: What is that?
Speaker 11: So we're a group of small creators, business owners, artists sell stuff in a shop.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's like you you do like differently there might be less paintings and crochets and all sorts of different.
Speaker 11: Not's a different thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, nice mat all right, I appreciate that, Amerely and Richmond.
Speaker 3: What can you offer us?
Speaker 11: Good morning?
Speaker 10: I would like to offer you both us three haircut each.
Speaker 2: Are you a hairdresser? Yeah, it's like, yeah, well anyone can offer a.
Speaker 3: Free bugger you. I don't get the voucher. It really mess.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've got three haircuts. We've got a voucher to X and no collective forty dollars each I.
Speaker 3: Think was offered. I thought it was. Yeah, I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Was that for Rosemary and Lockley's? Was it forty dollars each? Or between us both? Wow?
Speaker 3: It's wow? Okay?
Speaker 2: Ash about the wrestling figurine, Well, look.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to grow my hair out, so I don't need the haircuts. The X and Collective ooucher does sound really cool?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's a lot of money for Rosemen to put up. I was just think the little ripley figure.
Speaker 2: All right? I agree, Ash and Andrews Farm. You're going to play the game next. Okay, yeah, all right, but if you lose, we get your rear Ripley figurine.
Speaker 3: And you have to pay postage because we're not coming to what we did to you guys. That's us saying reverse prize in get it.
Speaker 4: Ah, Yes, the very first time we're doing this reverse price. Ash and Andrews Farm is about to play a game. We have five questions. If you get four out of five, right, at least, you're going to get one hundred dollar.
Speaker 3: Ober eats about you. However, if you get less than that, Ash you have put up some collateral. It's going to be a reverse prize. You have to give us a price instead of the other way around. Okay, so you've offered up ray Ripley figuring I'm saying it wrong. Sorry, okay Ripley. So it's basically wrestling fans will have your heads. Someone's gonna swant on bomb me. So you do have one bogey in here, but basically it's just like finish the quote. So these are all very famous quotes from movies. Let's see how you go.
Speaker 2: As Liam said, there's five here. If you get one wrong, you can still win the game with four correct, but if you get too wrong, you're out and you have to surrender your prize. Okay, all right, first one, finish this famous quote.
Speaker 13: Can you play that again?
Speaker 3: From scarn Montana Scarface.
Speaker 2: At the end, he says, say hello to.
Speaker 11: My friends, Say hello friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's all you're already your bogey gone. Pressures on. You need to get four in a row. Otherwise we're walking away with an ripley figure.
Speaker 2: Let's follow the yellow Brick Roads to the Wizard of Oz. Finish this movie quote.
Speaker 14: Feeing, we're not in.
Speaker 10: Anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, nice work.
Speaker 2: Okay, next one, let's go Godfather.
Speaker 8: I want to make him an offer.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make him an offer. One of the most famous movie quotes of all time.
Speaker 3: To make him an offer.
Speaker 2: Okay, well done, to win it at you're doing well.
Speaker 3: There's only two more to go.
Speaker 2: All right? What about this one on Wednesdays?
Speaker 3: It's mean girls and Wednesdays on Wednesdays were.
Speaker 2: Well done?
Speaker 3: All right, fresh At is on.
Speaker 4: It all comes down to this last movie quote from Forrest Gump. If you get it right, one hundred dollars Uber eats about coming your way However, if you get it wrong, we get a prize for once.
Speaker 2: And it's not often that Liam and I root against the listeners, but we of course want you to lose. Do you want that Rhea Ripley pop Vinyl? All right? Ash, ready to go? Yep, all right, here we go finish this movie.
Speaker 3: Quote life was like a box of chocolates.
Speaker 9: You never know what you're going to get, what you're going to get.
Speaker 3: Well done, You keep your figurine and you get a nub eats that check good on your ash.
Speaker 2: Thank you, no worries at all. Also, of course, because you got on air and you played the game, you are now in the Ben and Liam Loyalty program. We're gonna give you bronze. Ash okay, thank.
Speaker 3: You sending a complimentary custom digital bronze played the card. You're away right now, and.
Speaker 2: Of course we will look upon you fondly from now on.
Speaker 3: Secret stain, Secret stain, secret stain. Yes, the secret stain. One thousand dollars up for grabs. There's a translucent stain on some glass.
Speaker 4: You can see it with your own eyes if you'd like, Ben and layam on the socials pinned at the top.
Speaker 3: There's an audio clue branding and freeling. You think you know what it is? You're about to win five grand? You reckon?
Speaker 10: Hey, so let's how you're going good.
Speaker 16: I think I might know what it is, Okay, not entirely sure, but worth a guess.
Speaker 3: Hit us.
Speaker 16: I think it's goat milk exfoliating soap.
Speaker 3: Goat milk exfoliating soap. Okay, so it looks like you know, I suppose if you were using it in the shower, perhaps it would stain the glass like that. Have you used the stuff before? I've used goats milk soap before, not the exfoliating one, but I know it's got little bits in it.
Speaker 16: Which you can sort of see on the glass as well, which sort of is what led me to think it.
Speaker 2: And so you're a fan of the goat milk products, are.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's meant to be better for your skin, and I tend to get a favorit of acne.
Speaker 2: So think right, have you rubbed a little bit of your goat milk soap on the on? The showers.
Speaker 16: Don't actually have a shower screen at home?
Speaker 3: What do you got the old curtain?
Speaker 14: No, it's the shower in a bar.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Usually they have a curtain around steel. But you just got the bath shower right there.
Speaker 3: Doesn't water get all over your bathroom a little bit? It seems like you need an investment, to be fair though. I hate curtains.
Speaker 2: They hate.
Speaker 3: Curts are literally the worst thing ever. You know, you try and push it away and it gets even more stuck to you.
Speaker 2: You can't beat when you go to a nice hotel and they've got a shower cove and it's like it's its own area. You shut the door along of steaming.
Speaker 3: I love that, Yeah, coves down, I don't.
Speaker 4: I've had the bath a few times as well, Brandon, and that always annoy you know. Sometimes you get in them in the hotel and it feels like the And obviously we're extremely tall, so maybe this is more just an US thing. But when the bath seems too high to the ceiling, especially in the taps of a weird and you're hunched over up mister Burne having a shower.
Speaker 3: Yeah worst.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I think we digress. I think we put your misery.
Speaker 4: It's not that it's that, No, it's not, it's but try as many times you'd like, Brandon more guesses after night in fo this morning people are slowly starting to get closer.
Speaker 2: I think so, Brandon, am I wrong in saying? Is that your first time calling the show? Breando's gone? Okay, I was going to give him. I was going to give him bronze here. No, he's back, Brandon, Mate, you're there still? Y? Is that your first time calling the show?
Speaker 16: I've tried calling a couple of times I've never gotten, mate.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Ben and Leam Loyalty Program.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've heard about this, but we'll send you a complimentary custom digital bronze.
Speaker 3: Plated card and you can work your way through the tears.
Speaker 8: No, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You're on your mate.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Bronze, Teresa and Marsam. Do you think you know what it is?
Speaker 10: Yes? I think it's a good styling like Barbary.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, no, I can see why you think that. It certainly looks like that. And how would it tie into the audio clue?
Speaker 10: Ra Barber? I mean a she faces its own wax, which is here, and then the other door you set through a corner that you like when the head was going. So that's why I feelish related to the hill.
Speaker 3: That is like proper big brain stuff that you've really thought about that I like, I've been.
Speaker 10: Looking podcast over and over. Yeah, I've been analyzing and using AI to help the A I haven't.
Speaker 2: Look before we give you the answer as to whether you're right or wrong. You've caught up the show. You've gotten involved. You've also gone back and listened to the podcast a bunch of times with the Ben and Liam Loyalty program. I think that Liam, is that a silver?
Speaker 4: You could if you're listening to the podcast regularly, it does mean you're a silver. So then you get one all year VIP in events. Congratulations. We'll send you a belam fridge magn It and also give you a complimentary custom digital silver plated card. However, Guess isn't right, but you know what, you got that complimentary call, so you might be able to get in a little quicker next time if you want to have another Guess at some point.
Speaker 2: Well done. Thank you very much for playing. You can play as many times as you'd like if you want to try and win the five thousand dollars. Your next chance to call is eight am tomorrow morning on Kiss one or two three, and we are back.
Speaker 3: Lamb.
Speaker 2: You were about to get sloppy on the front, but you saved it for the back of.
Speaker 3: My front, Yes, saved it for the back. Remember earlier we're talking about ray mystereo yep.
Speaker 4: And then but obviously there's the Lucha Libre wrestling, and much like in Balley how they have the wooden dong bottle openers, they probably have the same amount of Mexican wrestling masks in Mexico.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I considered buying one, but I was like, I probably wouldn't get much wear and tear out of it, but it sort of looks like it. I think if you're having a big night with your mates, it would be funny to buy one.
Speaker 2: My main knowledge base for Mexican wrestling is the Jack Black movie Nacho Libra Match. Yeah, that's what I base my knowledge on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's that's pretty much it Like, that's the type.
Speaker 2: Of which I couldn't even tell you the plot line of that movie. I just know Jack Black.
Speaker 3: He is like he works with the nuns. He's like a like a monk or something.
Speaker 2: And he is he a monk or not?
Speaker 3: Or is he in the He's not a nun, but he's he's like a religious figure, right, he Yeah, I think he's like a he lives with near the nuns.
Speaker 4: He's wearing like a because he wears the where's the robe? And it's like an orphanage.
Speaker 2: And I thought monk was very Buddhist and nuns were very Christian.
Speaker 3: No, you can be a Buddhist monk, but you can. You can.
Speaker 2: You can be a Christian nun, a Christian monk.
Speaker 3: I think you can be like a yeah, part of the monastery. You know, there's like Friar Tuck looking dudes.
Speaker 2: No, what's that?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 4: The guys they have basically like the bowl cup then no hair on the tops. They're closer to God on.
Speaker 2: In the robes. Yeah yeah, yeah, more like a brown robe like in game.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, Like he's that kind of monk.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just think of orange like you're thinking of a Buddhist monk.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm talking like the medieval almost monk, Like, yeah, let me look up so I get you.
Speaker 2: I'm on the same page. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, and he he's in that world, but he wants to be a wrestler, right, so, but he's doing that on the weekends in secret, I think is the vibe gotcha, And he goes out on a date with one of the hot nuns at some point, and he's wearing like the blue suit.
Speaker 3: He's trying to lean against the wall and stuff. I don't I don't actually think it was the best.
Speaker 4: Movie, to be honest, It's it's kind of iconic, but I don't think it's like if you watch it back, I don't think there's tons of lives in it. It's more like I have to rewatch, Like Napoleon Dynamite is like.
Speaker 3: The first time you watch it, you could have you could easily be excused for thinking that movie was terrible, But then it's more the cult status of it. And I like, Grex Kwondo, is that in the movie? That's in That's in Napoleon Dynamite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're just gealous because I'm talking a hot babe for all the time Napoleon and he goes to Rex Kwonda's like the guy wearing the American pants.
Speaker 2: The Natural Libre trailer from two thousand and six is one minute long. Should we indulge?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: And so I.
Speaker 3: A monastery a monastery cook. Okay, so he's yeah, he works in a monastery with the nuns and he's the cook if we're lucky to fulfill his dream of becoming a litrador.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trailer might be like a old school where explains it as it goes.
Speaker 3: Monastery. Yeah yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: Find out.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 2: Lack kind of trailer, all right, enjoy it.
Speaker 3: No one has bigger dreams than Nato.
Speaker 17: When you are a man, sometimes you were stretchy fants. He's for fa but to become a champion, I would like the kind of respect he'll needs, strength, speed, style, And now the orphans they he'll become their hero.
Speaker 3: From the director of Napoleon Dynamite, the writer at School of Luck Jack.
Speaker 2: Pretty good pedigree there.
Speaker 4: You don't know what they're talking about. No, Mike White, who has gone on to make all the white lotus. Oh really yes, but he was the he and he's nedtionbly in. He's like the guy who's got really pale skinned and.
Speaker 3: He's the guy who he's portrayed. Yeah, oh wow yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Mutual libre.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's so funny that I had made the connection of Napoleon Dynamite because it's kind of that thing that's like that vibe. It's like, is this funny or is this really awkward. They are funny, though they are funny status.
Speaker 2: Of course, I guess the name of abuse would be that sty aka Bill Jackson is not here. Not because of the sty I believe that's kind of on the on the mend, there could be more style, but it is of course a world famous Bill Jackson.
Speaker 3: But I read out a text exchange between so like, we've got a little group texting here, and Belle said, Hey, okay, I'm alive.
Speaker 4: I'm so so sorry, guys, I feel awful. I'm sorry. She just apologized twice in the message. Very Belle, Please if you can let me know the brief overview of what the latest is with the loyalty program so I can stay on top of it.
Speaker 3: Please, thank you.
Speaker 2: That was from this morning.
Speaker 3: She said that, and Boss Stephen was helping out today.
Speaker 4: And Ben's taken a photo of one of the live reads that we have to read during the show. He said, no, stress Belt was a great show, Steven even Prince in color. And then she's sent a lot of aggressive texts after that.
Speaker 2: She's very protective over her role.
Speaker 3: Yes, extremely protective. Something's going to start having all these sick days.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Just getting other people in the inn.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and so I know that she's easy to prod there because I'll say something like he prints in color and I produce your all day.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, yeah, she'll lose it. It's the best, it's fun.
Speaker 2: Hopefully she's better tomorrow and she can come back in because she's got a lot of work to do because there's a lot of a lot of Maybe this.
Speaker 3: Is personal, this is too personal.
Speaker 4: She just sent another text the stress I have from missing a day and you're realizing shit is so.
Speaker 3: Real that couldn't be fit. Belle is literally the best producer ever we've ever had, one hundred percent. So that's yeah.
Speaker 2: I think knows that. But the reason she's so good is because we don't let her rest on her laurels.
Speaker 3: That's i e.
Speaker 2: Stephen comes along printing color.
Speaker 3: I like, you, hang on, why are we getting lousy black and white printing from the bell?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe she needs to step up, you know, because it's very hard. We're not dogs. We like to see in color.
Speaker 2: I feel like a dog when I get a bell rundown. Do you know what?
Speaker 3: I thought? It was crazy?
Speaker 4: Other day I saw this meme which I found really funny. And it was like a little dog at you know that that little dog the Mexican fans will bring to the game.
Speaker 3: It's like a little tchoue hour.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't see that.
Speaker 3: That's funny. I also saw it way. I mean, obviously they're a bit of a Mexican dog. But I've never seen more two hours in my life, very a lot of two hours over medical mehicle.
Speaker 4: And it was like the dog watching the game. And it's like the caption was, oh no, another gray card, which I thought was good, and I thought I.
Speaker 3: Was like, that's that's just a funny little joke. And Sarah didn't get it. And she didn't know that dogs seeing black and white really the spectrum of car She's such a dog person.
Speaker 4: She loves Toby so much. I was like, I just felt like everyone knew that. I thought that was just like a and how do we know that? And I'm like, yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we know. So scientists can tell from the test they could do, but it's yes, same as they can tell I could. I would find out an eagle could see from really far away because I come down to kill it.
Speaker 2: Believe it's got something to do with the cones in the back of your eye. Certain we know that certain shapes detect certain colors, and they lack those cones. So therefore you'd hypothesize that they see in black and white. But I think there's tests they can do as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I thought I just thought that was common knowledge. I was so surprised because she was looking at it. I don't get out, Well, I don't get that.
Speaker 2: Another thing is that when they look at TV something to do with their eyes. They can't process the images of the way we process it, so they don't see it as TV like we see it. They see it more like pictures.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, low pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. So it's more like it's not like a fluid image for them.
Speaker 3: I wish. Do you know what would make a supit of Rich?
Speaker 4: I can google that if he had glasses and you put them on it with dog vision, dog vision, you could see how your dog sees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so all this Zuckerberg, the metaglasses that why don't we have dog vision yet? That's what I want.
Speaker 2: I just google ken dogs watch TV. Yes, dogs can watch TV, but they don't see it the same way humans do because of their visual differences. Dogs usually look for movement and high frame rates and specific colors. Programs featuring other animals and nature scenes typically the most engaging, so they do. They can see it, but not the way we see it. Okay, interesting, all right, onto a bit of business. H Gender, who is a gold member in the Benolum Loyalty program, has posted a screenshop he has DMD Mingle directly.
Speaker 3: Nice and he has he asked if his loyalty card will get.
Speaker 2: Basically yeah, he said, ay Mingle. All of us Ben and LIAM supporters are big fans in brackets. As I'm sure you're already aware, I just had to ask are there any Mingle perks for loyal Ben and LIAM gold members. I've attached my gold card as proof. Please don't counterfeit it in brackets. As I know I can be downgraded to a lower tier.
Speaker 3: I will not just the lowest crumb tier.
Speaker 2: You know, if it's deemed that your card was involved in counterfeit, you'll be in the crumbzone.
Speaker 4: To see you go jender, because you know you're probably the closest to a platinum tear really of just people who do you know what I mean? As far as people have been over pure hours of the show and effort put into it.
Speaker 2: Ye, so yeah, just be careful there. Yeah, we know, and look, we know there's a lot of chat around the other tiers. There'll be more tears to come, we'll get released, guys. But at the moment, we just have bronze.
Speaker 4: And if you're listening at the moment, your gold. Like if you're basically, if you're listening right now, if you're in this zone, if you're in this zone of the pods and you're not just scanning looking for clues.
Speaker 3: For money, yeah, that would be the only caveat I would say. Yeah, And people say caveat K.
Speaker 2: I never heard K yet.
Speaker 4: Well, people say like, oh, there's only one K, Like I say, yeah, I don't know. People say it different.
Speaker 3: I think we used to work with the kiv Kiva. Yeah, basically, yeah, pretty sounds it loose from my area yep, Golden Growth. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When you say your area, I think you mean North Adelaide these days.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I'm a North Adelaide guy these days. Which I think she does pilates there.
Speaker 3: It's weird, I know that.
Speaker 2: No, I think she works there, right, Yeah, Okay, I am a little bit lost because I've gotten so used to Bell and you know, Belle, you know, doesn't need to worry too much about her job being threatened because I've gotten so used now to Belle coming in with the business like she does, keep on top of like stuff to talk about. So now she's not here, I feel like we have a meeting in a few minutes. We do, yeah, and normally to my normally Bell's one wrapping us up for meetings, but we do. We are aware that there is a ten o'clock meeting and it's now nine fifty four, and I also want to make my lunch.
Speaker 3: Before the meeting, and I have a sore throat, so I think, yeah, we'll be a bit sloppier tomorrow. Actually, no, I have a thing tomorrow will be a bit sloppier on Friday. But yeah, let me just rest the tonsils and we'll be We'll be back bigger and better than ever.
Speaker 2: All right, enjoy goodbye, farewell, Sorry, change your microL halfway clay, Uh not a not a.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say it's goodbye, but Stu's yeah. It is foreign foreign language.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, but yeah, nihow that's hello. Yeah, But I don't want to say bye because that seems too final.
Speaker 3: So true, so true,