Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Mildon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: First song year ago, first on this morning to see what one a year of the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show Here on God one I four point three. That still sums up exactually how I feel.
Speaker 1: About everything, And to the radio the other side of the world.
Speaker 3: In this great city, it's like going back to the bottom of a very greasy totem pole, and every day Eddie McGuire has creased up that tote pole.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit more.
Speaker 4: From Richmond Gold one four point three Hatred Melbourne, Australia forcasting to the world.
Speaker 1: The Christian Happy Birthday, Oh Conall Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, it's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Pats, thank you for coming in today.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have missed it.
Speaker 3: Boys, Now we know why what I'm by lunch first afternoon wasn't like I'm coming back in. She went even more false. He shaid I might be to come back in. She went, are you are you still taking me?
Speaker 6: When?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, yeah, look, if you're well enough, I'm going to be back tomorrow.
Speaker 7: In my defense, I had to organize school pickup.
Speaker 8: That's finey yeah, yeah, yeah last night? Hey is that lunch still on tomorrow?
Speaker 3: But she said, I'm check a keywords here, free lunch and the palmies pain. Yeah, yeah, because free lunch yesterday, no Pats, now she's in today.
Speaker 5: Lunch at mach is never tasted so good.
Speaker 3: And also I know, I know you actually weren't very well other weekend. You had a high temperature. Yeah, like I said last week, I can't wait to women. This is generalize that I don't wait to let you know if they're not very well. First thing Pat says today before Happy Birthday, I said, hey.
Speaker 1: Thanks for coming in today. I feel very faint.
Speaker 7: I did not say that. You said, how do you feel a little bit?
Speaker 5: A little bit withsy But I'm fine, faint.
Speaker 1: The F word was said, okay, fate, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm great, thank you. I'm very excited for today. I can't believe it's a year.
Speaker 3: No, I know, it's incredible, isn't it. So how do you guys feel? How did you feel a year ago? Because I was nervous, excited, nervous, excited, all of that, and at times still all of that because it was obviously a big, big deal for me and my family moving here, and the whole success of us staying here as well was on the success of this show.
Speaker 1: With you guys. But how did you feel huge risk for you guys.
Speaker 8: I think I came into it naive. I don't think I've realized any of the pressures on you either or on the whole show. It's like, oh cool, this is like doing radio.
Speaker 1: But that's the best way to be in lawyer.
Speaker 3: Definitely, you had no expectations and so no backage. You could just glide in.
Speaker 8: It's totally flown though a year for me.
Speaker 3: Do you think you've all changed? I sitting here, I can see that you have both changed. I feel like you've changed like three or four times.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you. I feel like I've grown up a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I was just saying it back to you.
Speaker 3: Felt like when we studied, you were an eight year old and I reckon, there's an eleven going.
Speaker 1: On twelve year old now and you.
Speaker 3: And I just want to say, it's great to meet the growing.
Speaker 7: Up Jack post carefully, he's about to hit puberty. I definitely wasn't the same person I was a year ago. I've learned so much about myself in the past twelve months. My weakness is my strengths and it's been so much fun.
Speaker 8: That's all that time you've had off, You've had time for reflection.
Speaker 5: I've had one day off, thanks post And what did you do with the day off?
Speaker 1: Because if you do have a day off sick, it's all about what you're watch on TV.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's the only thing you can give yourself, isn't it. And you don't want to watch the rot. No, the rot they deliberately put on daytime TV. And I think government's all over the world do this. They put very depressing, my numbing TV on we go.
Speaker 1: I need to get back to work. This is what a great idea.
Speaker 7: I finally finished The Handmaid's Tale first season and I was distraught, though. I was a bit like a drug addict because I didn't realize there was a season two ready for the picking.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, people got Riddick cited. It was a massive thing all over the world. It's been up there on SBS on demorrow.
Speaker 7: Yes, so signed up for that and I've got through a couple of episodes.
Speaker 9: Of that.
Speaker 1: Thin that's the main reason you're off yesterday.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure you can be back tomorrow because there's no free lunch. There's a few more episodes that he came through, Gone one A four point three. Come on, it's to Christian O'Connor reck for the show, Big show Today. Then tickets to come and mark a year of the show Friday Night were taken over a pub, the Cooper's In right in the heart of the CBD O time hospitality. You can be their free drinks on us. Did I mention the cannapas as well? And as if that was enough today or five to bic Tuesday. We also got you two tickets a week before they go on sale.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: The number one topic and all the emails I've had entered in the last twenty four hours not saying happy birthday, people just giving advice about my dog that I didn't ask for.
Speaker 1: What blessed the people? The X your animal lovers here right.
Speaker 3: People love animals and one of the things that people take a great interest in is whenever I talk about my talk, I get so many emails about Niche, the German shepherd dog.
Speaker 1: She's even been in the Herald Sun. I've got more reactions to a photo of her than the photo of me next to her.
Speaker 8: Well, it was good to see you and your wife and the Herald Sun this week.
Speaker 1: And even better.
Speaker 8: But last year this time last year it was just you.
Speaker 3: And the dark and I got more reaction about the topic on what a beautiful looking dog that is, having non stop emails.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask for them, but.
Speaker 3: People are so kind. But I just mentioned yesterday that the dog's got x man. I didn't know that the dog could get EXMA, especially a big dog like a German shepherd dog, which is what I've got. But so many people all saying the same thing about the allergies that dogs can pick up.
Speaker 1: Here in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: And also if you stop you feed them that that awful dry mulch, then that clears.
Speaker 8: It up onto wet food.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Great thing about wet food did there's only about one hundred and twenty percent more expensive.
Speaker 5: And lathey bricks in the backyard.
Speaker 3: No, I think that is that giant horse dog you' who leaves a big brick wet dog And it's not so much listener the size of your dog. Bresley it's not so much of a brick, it's dropping off. It's an entire WALLA yes, it's.
Speaker 1: A great wall of China.
Speaker 3: Trump acts she's going to freeze it and use it to as that big Mexican wall. So every Tuesday on the show, since we started last year, I've been doing something called five topic Tuesday, and this is where we run five phone ins at the same time. Now, if you only ever hear this part of the show, you probably don't realize what happens a bit later on where the other lot turn up and that's who they are at. It's the other lot, isn't it. These are the hard faith for okay. You know sometimes you go into a pub at eleven am. You don't realize there's other people in there, and they look like, do you.
Speaker 1: Guys live in here? That's you lot, You're the old dayis the hardcore. It's a five to a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: People that run radio stations always say to breakfast show teams that you guys can only handle one thought perlink. That's not literally what you trained one football league, and I don't think I think you can handle way more that. I don't agree with that. And so for last year, you have been making this work. We run five phone ins at the same time. I'm going to take you through the topics today. They're all kind of related to what's happening to for us today on our show birthday.
Speaker 1: If you've got any.
Speaker 3: Stories about any of these, as always, you just pick up the phone give us a call. The star of the last twelve months, if there is any star, has been all of the stories that we've heard from you, and that's what I want to hear throughout today's show. On nine four one four one four three. Do any of you celebrate an unusual anniversary. If you do, I'd like to hear about the unusual anniversary that you mark. The most common reaction that I hear from people and the boss hears is I hated him at first. The accent, just everything, the accent, the concept, just the concept of a British person on breakfast radio that no one knew about or asked for. And I get all of that at every email when they go and enjoy the show always begins with the first bit, hated you, not wasn't sure, actual hates in an actual way. It's a strong word, isn't it.
Speaker 1: An ugly world? But actually hated you at first, and I get it. So however, there must be other things.
Speaker 3: In your life that you hated at first that hopefully you went on to enjoy or love. It's shown number two hundred and nine for us. My daughter is yesterday. Right when I was going on here's some of the ideas. I used them as a focus groups on a Monday night before five to were choosing that's going it's actually it's you know, it's a year of the show, so it's shown number and I was goring to work out what show number it is and when, Oh, it must be three hundred.
Speaker 1: And sixty five. Went no work. When I started in radio, almost had to work that when I had to do a show that weekend for free for four hours as well by six Remember I was off for six weeks. It's show two hundred and nine. When you say it like that in a year you were those, it was only busted it up. It's embarrassing. It was it like that.
Speaker 3: In the UK I would always do like three hundred and sixty shows. Here you get six weeks off for Christmas, and also here in Melbourne you barely like to bust out a five dear week it's time for another one of those public holidays. There's no one going up, so anyway, it is show number two hundred and nine for us. Why is the number two hundred and nine significant for you? And birthdays and anniversaries?
Speaker 1: From hell? What are the birthdays?
Speaker 3: The special occasions that you try to organize that went really really badly?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Those are the and sorry and the Strangest job interview? Later on this morning, we're telling me about the amazing one that Jack had to go through to get this. So it's unusual anniversaries you mark, strangest job interview you ever had? I hated them or edit first two hundred and nine, Why is that number significant for you? And birthdays and anniversaries or special occasions that didn't go to plan?
Speaker 1: Best story we get on.
Speaker 3: Today's show, we'll give you the golden tickets, which is of course to go and see you too YouTube bringing the Josh Tree tour here in November Marvel Stadium tick has gone say on the eleventh next week you can win them this morning on five Tobit Tuesday nine four one four one oh four to three The.
Speaker 2: Christian Who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This morning, we're doing five Tobit Tuesday very special edition on the one year anniversary of this breakfast show here on God one I four point three. One of the topics is about strangest job interview you ever had. Debra's on the line.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Deebra, Yeah, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 9: I'm good, Debra God my strangest job interview. I'm a horse person, so I've been horses with all my life, and I took it. I went for a job interview for a person who wanted some extra horse handling help. And my interview actually consisted of me going into a one hundred acrepatic to catch these horses that I don't think it ever seen humans before in their life. So I literally sat in the padic for two hours, like just looking at these horses running around snorting at me, and I just got up, walked away, go in my car and drive away and phoned WRAP and said, no, you can find someone else to do that job.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is extraordinary.
Speaker 3: So your job interview was to go and try and wrangle or catch or wild horse.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't think they'd ever seen humans before, but people do.
Speaker 1: This in real life, don't they the horse whisperers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, but I'm not a horse whisperer. I just was, you know, a young person looking for extra income. It's going to help some people exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you've given us an idea.
Speaker 3: I'm going to call the boss in a minute for the next big competition that gold one of four point three us catch the wild horse.
Speaker 10: Dollars?
Speaker 1: Wild horse friends here?
Speaker 8: Did they give you a lass? Who is it? Just like you meant to chat to them?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: No, No, I just had a normal you know, head collar and lead rope, and you know they had a riding school so they'd hold their all. These horses are out in this big paddicankap. Just go catch those horses for us. That'll be good.
Speaker 3: It's incredible because you see people that literally are trained, they are like they're experts. To a documentary about a guy who does this. You must have heard of Monty Roberts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I've been to a few of his clinics. Yeah, he's amazing.
Speaker 1: He literally he will just walk up to these great, big wild horses that could kick a person to death, and he will just very calmly stare up and then they're bucking and some of that, and then they stop and then they will move their heads into his to give them a little nuzzle, and he just puts a head collar on and it's amazing what he does.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he just in tune with them.
Speaker 11: For sure.
Speaker 3: I always like to think that I'd be able to do that, but I know i'd be the guy that was kicked to death.
Speaker 1: Why did you think he just put over his car and go over and use inside.
Speaker 3: That's a great story. Hey, listen, Debrah, listen. Don't know yet that's gonna be the one. Get the you two tickets? But how do you fancy joining us in the pub this Friday?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 9: I can't.
Speaker 12: Sorry, I work.
Speaker 1: What you're doing? Are you wrangling more horses?
Speaker 9: I'm also a goodness so I work in Nex one Fitness and I take fitness students.
Speaker 1: Oh good Friday night. We've heard a lot of excuses on this show. I mean, who's working on a Friday night at nine o'clock with the ponies?
Speaker 9: I know, but at the time I get home from working to my horses and stuff, and yeah, it's a big day.
Speaker 3: Do you know what We've all heard that I've got to wash my hair tonight. I've got to wash my horses hair tonight. It's a new low. That is not how I dreamt that this one year anniversary show will go.
Speaker 1: This is a bad side.
Speaker 8: Devin's actually a good thing. We actually have. We have five dollars.
Speaker 3: Best thing you can sert at the moment is no, but please is Jack, and it's flipping spreadsheet.
Speaker 9: Look, I'd love to get it down. Thanks. I know, did you mean I said on the YouTube tickets too?
Speaker 1: Yes, No, I don't know. That is a great story though. Okay, you might get the U two tickets so you can make that one, can you? You can make the gig in November? Yeah, I bet? Yeah, Okay, alright, Deborah, great call, Thank you very much, Thank you, cheers mate. Bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we're doing our very special show anniversary. The show is a year today for me, Jack and Pats with you and here are the five topics. You've got anything for these? Give us a call on nine four one four one four to three. Best story between now and the end of the show when your tickets go and see you two live in November Marvel's Stadium tickets going sell next Tuesday. Unusual anniversaries that you celebrate or mark, strangest job interview.
Speaker 1: Just had that amazing call from Karen. How about it?
Speaker 3: And go and wrangle that wild horse in the field. There's a job interview. I hated them or it at first. That's the number one reaction to this show, and mainly me. It's shown number two hundred and nine for us. Why is the number two hundred and nine significant view? And birthdays and anniversaries and special occasions that didn't go to plan? If you've got anything as always No four one four one O four three Samantha, good morning, Good morning, Good morning, sam. Welcome to the show. What's your story for us?
Speaker 13: Birthdays and anniversaries that went wround?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 13: So I got married in December and I decided to plan a surprise party for my husband in May, and he got wind of it three days prior, and after booking tickets for forty people to go on a gap see boat cruise in the city, he decided he would not go. So people have bought costumes and we're coming from all over and yes, he did not go.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to go to a surprise Gatsby party. What was it about the Gatsby that he didn't like?
Speaker 13: No, it was his birthday. He didn't want to be the center of attention.
Speaker 1: Just met are hard work sometimes, don't we? You know, I tell you what.
Speaker 13: It was the whole weekend plan though, Like, yeah, the whole weekend in the city by myself.
Speaker 3: And yeah, quick canspy party seems like a good fun thing as well. The outfits are amazing, so.
Speaker 8: You still win on the party.
Speaker 14: Hell yea, why not?
Speaker 13: I did the whole weekend by myself.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, for your for your for his birthday and the birthday. Boy, wasn't there amazing birthday?
Speaker 14: No, no, no.
Speaker 9: We drank a few drinks doing and sort of said, you know, puck it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know what you are? Hardcore? Don't mess with you? That is, I don't want to go finally going to celebrate it anyway? All weekend?
Speaker 7: What did you?
Speaker 1: What did your husband do? What is lonely old sad birthday?
Speaker 13: He shout at home or buy himself with the dog and a cat.
Speaker 1: All right, Samantha, thanks not for you cool, have a good day man.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three this morning.
Speaker 3: We're doing five to Tuesday, and we've started early because the special annivers show for us today. It's a year old the show here on Gold one oh four point three. And we've got another call right now about strangest job interview Graham.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Christian Graham. Thanks for holding on.
Speaker 3: I know you've been You called in earlier and I wanted to make sure that we found time for you before we hit the seven o'clock news.
Speaker 1: We're all is Graham. What's the strange job interview that you had?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 4: I was interviewing as general manager of a resort in Bali. Now I'd already been approved by the generalified, the owner of the resort, and the management company, but they flew me to Bali to be interviewed by the spirits of the land, which basically involved me staying there for three days, having.
Speaker 15: Massages, getting food.
Speaker 4: And then the guy that talks to the spirits came around and said, Yep, the spirits have approved of this guy, and so I got the job.
Speaker 3: It's quite incredible. There's something quite nice man there. Obviously, relying on the history and the tradition of the land.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then after I got the job, there was this whole ceremony where I've got dressed up as a traditional costume and they did the blessing with the water and the smoke and the candles and the insand and I had to go to each of the three shrines within the resort and be introduced to the spirit of that shrine and the guy saying, yeah, this GUIDs my friend, please take care of him, and made his time in as our general manager be.
Speaker 14: That sort of stuff.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was good, but yet to be interviewed by the spirits of the land.
Speaker 3: I thought, that's very, very similar to what happened before I could do my first show here. But that just involved a trip to Bunnies to go and have some snacks with some onions on top.
Speaker 1: That was it. And the tradition great on top.
Speaker 14: You got onions on top, You're supposed to have them underneath.
Speaker 1: Now, No, I'm a dad deevil. Those onions belong on top. They belong top. Be an onion, dared devil Graham, they live on top. The first thing you want to bunt into is to crunch the sharpness of the onion.
Speaker 11: Right, of course, it's it's the oddly way, so it's.
Speaker 3: The only way, right, Yeah, Graham, thanks love you, Colm, I have a good day.
Speaker 9: Thank you too.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three a year of the show. That's what we're marking today. We're doing a very uh when they say that in TV, don't they a very special guest appearance? John, TV shows that they have at the beginning they got a very special guest appearance Tom Sellek and Friends. It's a very special editional five to its Tuesday. We'll get back into that pick it back up in about twenty minutes time before that. Then Patsy obviously off sick yesterday catching up on some TV, mainly season two of The Handmaids down if you do want to know, and texting me yesterday in the afternoon, not just to say she's coming back, just to sinp We say, is that lunch that you offer Jack and I on the birthday? Just checking you're still paying for lunch. Then Patsy will come and read your news. So anyway, what just happened at seven o'clock? What were you trying to say you're such a great news reader.
Speaker 5: Well it's it's different.
Speaker 7: It's an anethetist, right, but it's not an anethetist, it's an aneath theasologist.
Speaker 8: Well, there you go, you nailed it on No, I think it's an is anesthesiastasia.
Speaker 1: I watched the difference between that and anethetists.
Speaker 5: Got no idea.
Speaker 8: Well, looking on Google, looks like the same thing, the same type of anesthesiologist, and is the same thing.
Speaker 5: I should have the easiest one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And in camera is listening to the show streaming on iHeart and he's saying, it's okay, Pats just call him a sleepy time doctor. I think that's what Michael Jackson called that guy.
Speaker 5: That he has doctor Findel.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you just tuned in, I actually was wired that you were having a moment.
Speaker 7: In that and a Melbourne patient has been the topic of an international health conference and as no, I knew, I shouldn't have put that word in there.
Speaker 5: A specialist.
Speaker 3: What gift get me? I hope you haven't got many gifts today. That is a gift on one year of the show. The way that you seem looked at and went now I'm not even going to try it. Now, I know I shouldn't have put that word in there.
Speaker 7: She was a polite way of saying, oh heck, why did I write that?
Speaker 3: All right, let's black back again. This is amazing gold from Pats and.
Speaker 7: A Melbourne patient has been the topic of an international health conference and a nev is Now I knew I shouldn't have put that word in there. But a specialist doctor from Austin Health, I can't pronounce it. A needy zoologist.
Speaker 3: Ah well, recovered your staff. Thank god you're bout here today, Patty? What will we do without you?
Speaker 2: On the show The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: If you haven't one of those mornings or you're dreading the rest of today, it's spare thought right for the Queen of England, Donald Trump's come to stay for three days.
Speaker 1: I mean they've obviously they've tried everything to put it off. They've said no, no, no, But obviously with Brexit going on, they have to get some kind of trade.
Speaker 3: Deal with America. It's very very important, but we all sometimes have across there. But that means Donnie gets what he wants, which is the big photo with the royal family, with his family, so it goes, hey, we're like, then we're two families running the world. And they they've they've cut back a lot of the stuff which normally'd have on a state visit because obviously no one and the protesters there is costing millions to security. It's Donald Trump and it's just already the footage you've seen and stuff like that. You know what, she must be just tempted sometimes, you know, when you pretend not to be in and there's a big old house boken in ballasts, you can't go and look around at all the windows. What a nightmare guest he's going to be for three days a guy like that already. But Tommid landed he'd managed to alienate the Mayor of London. The Mayor of London is actually an elected official. We have a big election to elect the Mayor of London. Because London has a GDP. It brings in seven hundred billion dollars a year. It's up there with I think it's in the top ten, top twenty countries in terms of wealth.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred billion dollars a year. That's a London alone.
Speaker 3: So the mayor in charge of all that in the budget's a very powerful job Donald Trump. But tomid Landed had referred him on Twitter, a social media platform it should be reading up on briefly notes of situations in the Middle East as a stone cold loser the.
Speaker 1: Mayor of London before he even landed in London.
Speaker 3: This guy is footing the bill for all the security it's costing London millions that people have got to pay for to look after Trump, to keep him safe while he's over staying with the Queen for three days and he's wrote to a stone called loser. You know that he'll be walking around bucking and panis right. I've been lucky enough to have been inside Bucket and Panace. It's like a living musicum, the stuff that's in there. He'll be taking selfies everywherever. Selfie stick So he's getting.
Speaker 1: In her bed, jumping on her bed or something, his shoes on. You know, quite get a pature of me for Twitter. He's staying there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's the kind of house gets that you're just every night, as you're going to say, you'd be like, I wish you would leave tomorrow.
Speaker 3: As that I'd be knocking on the door, can't find the sports channels.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This song the Verb, but a sweet symphony, one of those classic songs where and people will hear it.
Speaker 1: They always talk.
Speaker 3: About the fact that obviously it samples the song for the Roman Stones, and even though it's the band the Verb, British rock band's biggest ever hit, they don't get a penny from it because they sample their own Stones and they soothed them and said you can, you can. The song can be played, but you're not making any money for me. They've just handed back the rights. Yeah, I make this feels a bit better because of the old heart attack and he's like, let's let things go. I'm alive. And by the way, tell the verve, tell them they can get some money from it.
Speaker 8: Oh great, Well they still got twenty five years of royalty, so it's not the.
Speaker 3: Nas Oh then, So today it is one year of this breakfast show. And whether you've just tuned in recently and just chanced to bony us, we want to have been flicking around in the morning, or you've been here a bit longer. We're still a very new show and a totally different kind of show, not just for Melbourne but for Australia as well. And so anyone who's tuned in, you're part of allowing my family and night to have this amazing new life over here, which are a year in. There's many many more and this is this is our home now. So today on five to It Tuesday, we want things to sort of they're all different angles on what today is for us, on our one year of this breakfast show.
Speaker 1: So as always we're looking for your stories.
Speaker 3: The best story we get between now and nine pair of hots tickets in town. They really aren't you two tickets go see them live. Unusual anniversaries that you celebrate or mark people mark, I mean our kids. They've got it in their diaries. They've done have my birthday, but they got the dogs flipping birthday. But all they ever do is go is niece's birthday today? And they won't even feed her. I go, oh, what do you just you know, get off your backslidden and feed her. Occasionally in the early days, they used to get a toy for one of those shoes or ears that dogs are supposed to.
Speaker 1: Like, you know the pig's ear. Don't you like them as well? Do you'd like to nible on that too? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I unusual anniversaries you celebrate strangest job interview you've ever had. Amazing corn hour ago Karen, who is a Watson Horses veterory nurse, she was told to go and wrangle a wild horse in a field and she was like, I'm not doing that, it's dangerous. Jack has got an amazing store about this the job interview.
Speaker 1: To get the gig on this show.
Speaker 8: Yep, I flew to London for two days, got off the plane, jet lagged as anything, came to meet you for breakfast, which you then turn into a day at the pub.
Speaker 3: Yes, because like all British people, I'm one hundred percent alcohol.
Speaker 8: I guess you're testing to see how my ta could dream.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that much, but you still got the job.
Speaker 3: And then the next day you came into my house where you were awake for about an hour of that meeting, and then you sort of fell asleep.
Speaker 8: Well I did so after the pub day, I went to sleep at five o'clock and then woke up at ten, stayed awake all night, just couldn't sleep for the life of me. So at your house I was I was doing one of those things where your head bubbles for it.
Speaker 3: You were doing that, And I kept looking at Nick, who was then my producer and came over here to help me launch the shows from Melbourne, and I.
Speaker 1: Kept looking at him, like, is it going to be alright? It's going to happen.
Speaker 3: You don't want it's light to come from us to hear it's the jet lags terrible. I hated them at first. What did you hate at first? You went on to light?
Speaker 1: The most common reaction to me is hated you at first. The idea of you, the.
Speaker 3: Sound of you, the bombiness, the accent, everything about you.
Speaker 1: And I get that.
Speaker 3: You know, no one asked me. You didn't know who I was. I get a hold of it. But I just love how it's the first thing people said to me. I'm a Shamedlyn way, but also in a very Australian way, the fairness of giving someone a go.
Speaker 1: But what did you hate first? Other than me?
Speaker 3: It's show number two hundred nine today for us, And why is that number significant to you? Two hundred nine? What does that number mean to you? And birthdays and anniversaries that did not go to plan. What stories have you got for those? Nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Peter Logan has just texted the show saying happy birthday, Pete Logan.
Speaker 1: Happy.
Speaker 3: That is so nice to you to say. I know you come in to the pub with this Friday to help to celebrate a year of the Breakfast Show. We'll have some more tickets to the next day if you'd come on join us as well. Peter Logan has been one of the stars of the show, meeting him again him on the show. He is back on this month as well, because June. If you don't know Peter Logan is, he's one of you, and he's fighting a good fight at the moment against councer and he's got a great story to tell, one of positivity and about doing the test. This month is bow cancer or when this month? If you've seen the TV adverts, the facts are so depressing about how many of you are dying because you don't the test. You're lucky to live in a country that sends you a free test. Please do the Test. Anyway, Peter's back on the show. I think next week or the week after. But thanks buddy. All right, there's yet some stories now on five till bit Tuesday. Belinda, Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Belinda.
Speaker 1: Okay, what story you calling in about?
Speaker 6: I'm calling in about unusual anniversaries?
Speaker 1: Oh great, what do you celebrate?
Speaker 6: My sister and I celebrate the day we met John bon Jovi?
Speaker 1: Amazing? So you actually got to meet the great John bon Jovi.
Speaker 6: Yes, the greatest day of my life. My children often say, we think that you like that day better than when we were born, and I say, absolutely, it was the best of my whole life.
Speaker 1: This is incredible. Now he is.
Speaker 3: He's a good look at rouster. He's a beautiful looking man. He's a charming mat But how did you get to meet him?
Speaker 1: You and your sister?
Speaker 6: So, my sister and I had heard that they were staying at a particular hotel in South Ara, and we went there to try and see them and left completely defeated because we hadn't met him. And then we were walking away and we're walking down the street, and we went across the street and we looked across the road and there he was standing on the other side of the street. So, yes, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: And what did you did you go and say log you photos?
Speaker 6: Yes, he was very lovely, we were calm, We got a photo and we got something signed, and yeah, it was fantastic. It was the fourteenth of November nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a good one. And how do you mark this occasion? What did you was shrining to John?
Speaker 6: Not quite No, it's really just an acknowledgment. We just like, bring up and go this day ninety ninety two. This is what we were doing.
Speaker 10: Amazing and.
Speaker 6: Probably should have changed the story to meeting Bono or something, but it was John Bob and it was in the peak of his hotness and it was wonderful.
Speaker 1: The peak of That's great. All right, Benna, thank you very much, you called me.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Joey, Hey, Joey, Yes, Hi.
Speaker 3: Hi, hi Joey. Welcome to the show and fight till but Tuesday. Which one are you calling it about, mate?
Speaker 16: Unusual interviews?
Speaker 1: All right, that's yours.
Speaker 16: I was eighteen looking for my first full time job, and I was at doctor Surgery, just wanting to do some admin work, and the entire interview consisted of some cards with colors on them that I was to put in order. Some kind of order wasn't specified, and yeah, apparently I did it wrong, so I didn't get the job. But no questions anything.
Speaker 1: What was the right order that I let you know what the rainbow? Or well?
Speaker 16: I asked, do you want the color of the rainbow? What kind of order are you looking for? And so just just go with your feelings?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 1: How bizarre?
Speaker 5: Is this one of those psychological tests?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I wonder how he diagnoses his patients.
Speaker 10: I tell you, what.
Speaker 1: Can I do? You see up there? All right, Joey, thank you very much for calling this to Adam. Good morning, Adam, Good morning.
Speaker 14: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good at and welcome to the show. What's your story for us? Mate?
Speaker 15: I'm also an unusual job interview.
Speaker 17: When I was sixteen, I went for a job interview for an sign writing apprenticeship and there was also another kid there, and the boss set us both there down in his office and asked us questions for about twenty minutes, and at the end of it, he said, look, you both sound pretty good, but there's only one way to decide this. You're gonna have to have a race.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna say they're gonna have to have a fight. Two applicans center, only one can leave the job cage.
Speaker 14: It was at there lunchtime and he stood us out in the front of the sactory.
Speaker 3: Only in Australia and there a year living here. Nothing about this scares me now, a year ago in what a country. Now, I'm like, yeah, of course that happened, an actual foot race between two people going for a job.
Speaker 15: So we've lined up and all the workers are watching us. You've got to run to the end of the street and back and patch the telephone pile and onlining up, just looking at this kid, and he's looking at me, think and what are we doing?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 17: Anyway, we've taken off and luckily I was faster and got the job and ended up staying there.
Speaker 9: I is.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that, just in case we're just caught the end of this. Maybe you're thinking it's a job as a courier that involves speed on foot a sign.
Speaker 1: Writer, Yeah, that involves patience, stillness. I did you know what, this is a great call, going to give you the you two tickets, right, you're kidding me, No, they're yours.
Speaker 14: Oh awesome, But.
Speaker 8: You have to raise another call upon.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll do that if you want me to, but that is an idea for the future. You two tickets. The race is on, all right, and you've got the tickets. You have a great time. Well done. That's a great story, all right, buddy, take care of a good day. Bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So it is a year today since this breakfast show started with me Christian O'Connor and Jack Post and Patrina Jones, and it has been after twenty years in breakfast radio.
Speaker 1: I came to this country looking for a new.
Speaker 3: Challenge and first windized that this is actually going to be too much of a challenge. Can I have a schooner of a challenge?
Speaker 1: This is far too much.
Speaker 3: But it has been the most exciting and the most amazing thing I've ever done in my life, not just a radio show, but moving here with mcgirls and Sarah and my wife and a dog Nisha of course as well. Despite getting excellent from you, but we've loved it here and the highlights to me on the last twelve months of the show are so many, but the thing day in, day out is coming out and hanging out with Jack and Pats. But also just along with Jack and Pats, I always think there's an empty chair in the studio and that is for you who listened to the show because your stories very very quickly, and what you latched on about. I come here every morning. I love chatting and telling stories, but more important hearing your stories as well. Play something with just some of the amazing phone calls and stories we've been lucky enough to hear over the last twelve months. So it's a thank you, but it's a thank you for you for jumping on board with the show whenever that is, whether that's the last couple of weeks, the last week, or a bit longer than that since we started. It's a new show, but hopefully we're building something new here.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this is for you. Happy birthday all right? We need big drums? No, no, is that it's more.
Speaker 11: Christian Moran Dale.
Speaker 13: Don't judge me, but I finded my candy bars and told I'll sticking down my pants to warm my mum.
Speaker 1: Jenny, So what did you lose in the breakup?
Speaker 18: The TV antenna? My idiot husband will he bought it, so it was just sad and they took it. As he was getting down he broke it.
Speaker 1: What have you got the woman?
Speaker 6: I said, my brother in law a sympathy card when he got married to his wife.
Speaker 19: My dad would say, if you'd rather watch TV than have it ripped and you're doing it wrong, you won't.
Speaker 1: Believe what Peter had to say about Mick Jagger.
Speaker 12: I went to the toilet and Nick was there, and because he had his hand bandied up, he asked me if I could undo his fly in no way?
Speaker 6: No, no he did.
Speaker 12: And you know how Nicky three renowned for having a bit of a.
Speaker 14: Big bulge in his fans.
Speaker 12: We always thought that he had a rubber hose down there. But I can tell you after undoing and fly into it ain't no rubber hose.
Speaker 1: Judy, did you turn up to the wrong wedding or wrong funeral?
Speaker 18: Wrong events?
Speaker 1: Events?
Speaker 19: To go to a twenty first Thank You Jos party and rocked up at a wedding?
Speaker 18: Dresses of Anima?
Speaker 1: What store when you wander in there makes you feel happy? Marty? What's it for you? Basically?
Speaker 12: If I went in there last week to spend about twenty dollars and I came out seven hundred dollars for Marty.
Speaker 8: If you had to pinpoint one of the most pointless things you bought last time you were there, what would it be?
Speaker 11: Fishing rod holders for a boat which I don't home.
Speaker 1: Karen, you've got still about something being stuck inside of you.
Speaker 18: My son had put something in his ear. We couldn't get it out, and we got to the hospital. You know those little craft eyes doggle eyes. He had put one of those in you. So the doctors looked in and had an eye looking back at.
Speaker 1: Something in there, and it would have been magnified as well, because a little view it's got a third eye is here.
Speaker 3: A mystery cooler was a DIY private investigator tracking her friend's husband, who they thought was up to no good.
Speaker 18: We didn't have a lot of money, so we decided to try something outselves.
Speaker 13: We reason to say, BPS that has a very strong magnet that sits underneath your car.
Speaker 19: I had to get down on.
Speaker 18: My hands and knees and have to watch the people and put this device underneath your car.
Speaker 12: And we checked them for a few weeks.
Speaker 3: Do you mummy asking this? It was two personal days. You don't need to tell me about what did you find out?
Speaker 1: What's he up to?
Speaker 10: No good ah, no he just went to Bunning's too much.
Speaker 3: Honestly, we could be here for the rest of this week just playing out some of the brilliant calls that you've given this show of the last twelve months.
Speaker 1: So just a little way of us saying hughes, thank.
Speaker 3: You for all the calls, all the stories, and who knows what more we're going to get to you the next twelve months.
Speaker 1: Well from now, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Coming up next you can kind of say helpout celebrate in the pub this Friday a year of this show, The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, so June the fourth is always going to be a significant date for us on the show. It's a show's anniversary. In a year from now, we may get through another year. Let's take it hour. That's how we get paid. Basically, it's an hour at a time. They got a lot about seven tod eight hour. Let's see how it does.
Speaker 1: Eight till nine.
Speaker 3: But if we make it to this time next year, we'll be looking back I'll be playing out on all montage. They have the great calls we've had over the next twelve months. That excites me hugely. I don't know what stories we yet to hear or tell ourselves, and that's amazing. But we will be playing back in exactly twelve months from now, June the fourth. What's just happened in the next twelve months, that's what we want to talk to you about next. We now have got this unique moment. Most radio shows at the end of the year, they look back on what they've been up to during the year. We're always going to do that really on June the fourth, because that's when it all started.
Speaker 1: That's our year zero. So I think we've got a unique opportunity now to build like a radio time capsule. Gre at school with though it used to build time capsule.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I still got one buried in my parents' backyard.
Speaker 1: What's in it?
Speaker 8: A photo of me, a marble.
Speaker 3: Lovely for future generations to discover, a photo of the leader that we all knew we had, the young jack post and a marble.
Speaker 8: There was some more stuff in there, I think. Oh, I think I wrote a note to my future self or to future.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, and I remember what's in there and how old we are. Thirty?
Speaker 3: I put marble in for aliens, maybe ten, Patsy, have you ever done a time capsule?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We did back in primary school. I remember. It's probably still the school where we buried.
Speaker 1: This would have been out on wherebees what do you bury a witch or something?
Speaker 7: It was in the States, North Face, thank you very much, where.
Speaker 8: I grew up.
Speaker 3: All right, So we've got a radio time capsule. What we're going to put in there is we're going to record your calls for next twenty minutes. But here's what I want you to do. Think about where you'd like to be twelve months orm now. You know that cheesy question you always get, you get treaded, asked and interviews. We're going to be five years from now. I can never think that far ahead. I don't know if I'll be lucky enough to still be live.
Speaker 1: I hope. So, but in a year from now, what do you want to do have done? Okay, where do you want to be in a year from now? What do you want to have done? It might be something material, might be something more than that. But we're going to record your answers.
Speaker 3: I wanted to call up and say, Christian in in twelve months from now, I want to have I don't know what it is, whether it's lose weight, I don't know whether it's gain weight, which ever way you want to do it. But let's play these messages back during the next twenty minutes of what you want to have done in the next twelve months. For me, two things. Okay, in the next twelve months. This is going to be nothing to most of you. But I'm saying my intention now, so that means it's a commitment for me to actually nail it now. I've been thinking about for a while. I wasn't going to do but I am. In the next twelve months, twelve months from now, we would have done. Who's calling Christian.
Speaker 1: Yep, we're going to do it. I've got the money yet what we are going to do. The other thing is I twelve months from now. I'm on the verge. I've kind of given up learning golf. I found it. My ego just bleeds and.
Speaker 3: I seriously, if there's a golf coach who also has a hitnotherapist, I need to have my mind robbed out a race to start from scratch.
Speaker 8: You need to unlearn what you've learned from zero.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I need, Okay, some kind of magnet attached to my head and just scratch the record in there because it's stopping me doing what I want to do, which is hopefully enjoy just being a pole around a golf course.
Speaker 1: So that's what I want to be twelve months a year from now.
Speaker 8: Jack, I always get teased on the show for not having seen classic movies.
Speaker 1: That everybody classic movies, just movies, movies.
Speaker 8: Twelve months from now, I'll have watched fifty two classic movies. A movie, A classic movie.
Speaker 1: Are we okay?
Speaker 3: Well, then I look forward to this and then therefore we want to review every week of the movie you've seen.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: So if it's like Citizen K. If you don't commit to this lift, then you have to give five hundred dollars to Clive Palmer. Why because there has to be a forfeit.
Speaker 8: Okay, Yes, I want to commit. Twelve months from now, I promise I'll have watched fifty two classic movies.
Speaker 3: Patsy, I'm guessing that you want to over the next sor twenty twelve months from now, you want to attended fifty two Red Carpet premiers.
Speaker 7: No, no, I hope to be commuting on that West Gate in a Mercedes Suv, which I do believe you promised me.
Speaker 1: I gave you a way that you could have on for a week or two. You didn't want to dance.
Speaker 3: Now, people tuning in and go, what story is this? Three minutes one Christian made Pats dance for a card? All right, then, where do you want to be in twelve months from now? Caught us up, We'll record it, put it in the radio time capsule. Play these back in twelve months from now nine four one four one four three. So the best ones we get, we're going to give you tickets. Come and join us in the pub this Friday. We're doing a late night show for you. It's our kind of a year for a beer, So if you want to come and have a beer with us, the beers are on us this Friday night.
Speaker 1: Give us a call one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: During the fourth Today we celebrate a year of the show, which means in a year's time we'll be looking back about what's gone on the show in the last twelve months. It gives us a chance to have our own radio time capsule, Christian Poles.
Speaker 1: Radio time you whispering, Mark jumps you, I said, make it big. Twelve months from now, you won't be making these.
Speaker 6: No no anyway?
Speaker 1: Maybe all right? So are you called up? You come on a Christian twelve months from now?
Speaker 3: I want to be Some of you are coming up with some really lovely stuff, and some of you just simply want to be in a Mercedes car. Ah, he said, I am big that you know what, You've gotta dream it, Pats, You've got to manifest as they say.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 1: I reckon you will be in that car. And twelve months from now, all right, let's get a Dan First. Up Dan, Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 11: How are you today?
Speaker 3: I'm good, buddy, really really good, nothing but grateful today to have this show and this life at the moment, this great city.
Speaker 1: So Dan, what about you? Where do you want to be in twelve months from now?
Speaker 11: Well, Christian, after twenty years of warping the minds of the next generation, I thought I'd like to be on a journey towards a new career and be happily divorced.
Speaker 3: Oh oh now this is interesting. Hey listen, this is interesting Dan. So are the two things related or is are two separate things? So you what do you do at the moment? You're a teacher?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I spen a school teacher for twenty years and enjoy it. But just looking for a change.
Speaker 19: I think.
Speaker 1: Have you got any ideas, any areas that interest you. Do you want to move.
Speaker 11: Towards, not in particular at this point in time, Anything that will make it a little bit of more be nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's first of all, if you admitting to yourself and the world that you're ready for the next adventure and new opportunity.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, just back to some more schooling for myself and challenge the brain a little bit more.
Speaker 1: All right, And so tell me about the divorce. How long you've been married.
Speaker 11: I've been married for for just over twenty years as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and does your wife now about your plans? Have you talked about it together.
Speaker 11: Or yeah, yeah, we've spoken about it. It's all been separated for over twelve months now, so right, okay, right time to start moving on.
Speaker 1: Brilliant, Okay, do you know what this is?
Speaker 3: What we're going to do with all the people we speak to in the next twenty minutes or so, we're going to set up a monthly thing where we call them up on air and see how they're getting on. So this also makes you a bit accountable for the goals you want to set yourself. So we set up there like a kind of the show will be a support group. On a Monday, we're going to dial in see how you're all doing, a catch up with you across the show. Right, yeah, sounds You're going to be the first one because I guarantee this is such a big support of city. As I've learned over the last two months, there may be people that might be interested in that might actually better steer you some way or talk to you about different options.
Speaker 1: Also, what do you like at making production for breakfast shows?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Never news? That's yours again? All right, Dan, give it a go.
Speaker 3: All right, we've got your details. That's a great one. I wish you all the best, Okay, I hope you.
Speaker 1: I hope you. Now that's the next twelve months. I do everything weekend on the show to help you do that.
Speaker 11: Buddy, awesome, fantastic, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Pleasure nine four one four one oh four three? What about you? What do you want to have done the next time months? Where do you want to be in twelve months time?
Speaker 2: The first time O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So this Friday, to celebrate a year of the show, we're taking you to the pub. A beer for a year, that's what I think.
Speaker 1: I'm going to call it. A beer for a year.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to buy you a bearb to thank you for supporting the show during the last year. We're going to bit the Cooper's in who've kind of let us out, the run of the place, old time hospitality right in the heart of the CBD and drinks are on us. Canna pays as well. And we're also doing a live show for you, Patsy. I know yesterday your texted me from your sick bed, so and you want the throne.
Speaker 1: We're working on it. By the way, get this This weekend is comic con right. Do you know what's actually been flowing over right now?
Speaker 8: The Game of Thrones throat the actual throw.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I rang my agents yesterday and then we're like everything. Okay, I said, do you have any contacts Game of Thrones, Boxtel or Comic Con. Say it's for Hamish Nanny's new TV show. They want it to be dropped off at the Cooper's in Pub.
Speaker 8: We'll get it back to them the next day and White doubt that.
Speaker 3: The Berreau and everything all right. So here's what we're going to do then, to give aways some tickets. So many great stories are coming through. I just thought, because Dune the fourth is going to be always be a special date for us, we'd always remember the show will always be looking back at what's happened over the last twelve months, which we did about half an hour ago.
Speaker 1: Where do you want to be twelve months from now? What kind of goal? Can we record you and put you into this twist hold calls.
Speaker 6: Radio time.
Speaker 1: Capsule twelve months from now.
Speaker 3: But you're recording on these calls, we're going to play them back in a year's time. Not just that I've decided quite how we're going to do this, Well, we're going to do this as well. We're going to do everything we can to help you achieve whatever you want to do wherever you want to be in twelve months or now, whether that's on a Monday morning, we get some of you on, see how you're getting on which and help each other out. I think that w'd be quite a nice thing to do during the next twelve months. Let's say some calls now, David, good morning, David.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, David.
Speaker 14: Here you going here?
Speaker 1: You going good? So where do you want to be in twelve months time? Mate?
Speaker 14: Well, hopefully everything goes fine this she is doing a bit up and down. The wife has diagnosed with breast cancer in February, so let's put a hold on thingsnet. But in twelve months time, hopefully traveling across America on the drive Route sixty six. So if everyone goes to plant, she's finished by it's a radiation. So now I was sitting back just to see what happens.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I'm sorry to hear about your wife, and but great news is getting treatment and you got great cancer care in this city as well, so hopefully this is going to be okay. Route sixty six.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine did this when he retired, and all the photos it looks like something that I've always wanted that.
Speaker 1: It looks stunning.
Speaker 14: Yes, can't wait.
Speaker 1: So what have you do when you're starting to save. How much does it cost thousands? Obviously?
Speaker 14: Oh not really, I saw costs five is probably Apparando's fifteen thousand dollars. I suppose something of that.
Speaker 8: Start saving any Is it a camper you're thinking, David? Are you going to sleep in the car? Are you going to get some kind of convertible?
Speaker 14: Yeah, horror, convertible. Get a convertible. Do a convertible thing, and that's great.
Speaker 1: So the goal is twelve months from now you've done it or you're just about to fly off.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, it'd be going on the way.
Speaker 1: Well, do you know what, We're going to do everything we can to make sure that you and your wife what's your wife's name?
Speaker 14: Surely?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: You and sure we get to do route sixty six twelve months from now. Okay, we're going to do everything we can try and now you get that now. In the meantime, how how is your wife? Do you want to come along Friday night?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 9: I know?
Speaker 1: It's love too. I bet you'd love a beer right now?
Speaker 13: Good?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, no, it's going really good. It's really good. So there were just a little bit of time to wait for fever results in it and yeah, so the end of the month, we wanted out a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, can we get can we give you a night out on us Friday night?
Speaker 14: Love to love to okay, hanging out and get this.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I look forward to meeting you both Friday too. All right, that's David, well done, my route sixty six twelve months from now, making a note of it.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay, thanks very much, see your Friday night.
Speaker 3: We have to get him and his wife doing that. Definitely, definitely, definitely And I was fifteen thousand. But you know, I remember a couple of months ago, we didn't know we're going to pay for a smart dog smart pup?
Speaker 1: Do you remember those? Yeah? And then you thing is generousity. People listened to the show.
Speaker 3: We might get fifty thousand dollars to pay for two of them, but wouldn't you love to give them that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What an experience, What a great way to enjoy your life. Lisa, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Lisa. What's up, Lise? He soundedly got the word the world and his shoulders everything. Okay, Oh my.
Speaker 10: Gosh, I've got the flu.
Speaker 1: I can't thank it for twelve hours yesterday.
Speaker 5: Just enough for Handmaid's Tail season one days.
Speaker 10: Not as bad as men Bush.
Speaker 1: It's so it's pretty bad, all right. So twelve months now, where do you want to be? What do you want to have happened?
Speaker 10: So for twelve months from now, I would like to have met possibly but at least started to form a relationship with my biological father.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is incredible. So what's happened?
Speaker 6: Have you?
Speaker 1: Have you amy will start to speak to each other.
Speaker 10: So it was a mystery for thirty eight years, and I've just given my age way and my relatives bought me a online DNA test and I found some relatives who matched and then found the person who I believed it to be, and they had the test done and it was confirmed and we spoke on Saturday for the first time.
Speaker 1: This is incredible. So what did you always? What were you told before that about who your dad?
Speaker 10: Just that on my birth certificates blank. So it was just a mystery. It was just the unknown. It was something that was probably never going to be answered unless so.
Speaker 1: You're both certificate was just was just it was just a blank.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So he had no idea I existed until Good Friday this year.
Speaker 3: This is astonishing, and so you speak go with a phone tell us about that if you don't mind me. I know it's very very personal, but can you can you tell us about that? I'm fascinated.
Speaker 16: No, it was really good.
Speaker 10: We spoke briefly. He was very overwhelmed. I think it's I sort of explained it as it was a question that I didn't know the answer to, but for him it was the question that he didn't even know, so he has found it very overwhelming. But it's really good. We have really similar positive outlooks on things and sense of humor and yeah, so it's quite it's quite nice. It's strange, but it's quite nice.
Speaker 1: Do you know anything about what actually happened then with your mum and found father?
Speaker 10: Well, I think it was the early eighties and stuff happened. I don't. I don't really. I'm just trying to focus on the future and the fact that now after thirty eight years, I have a biologic father and my boys have a grandfather as well, which is quite cool, and that I potentially have another sibling as well, so well, I actually do have another sibling as Welso, and have.
Speaker 1: You met up sort of person to person.
Speaker 10: No, because as yeah, this is quite new, so both, yeah, for both of us. It was sort of just on good, good Friday that I went online to find out my results and found out I'd matched to people, and then waiting for his results to come back. And yeah, so we spoke on Saturday the first this weekend, just.
Speaker 3: Gone, how amazing for you both? I mean so much for both of you. The process is going to take a lot of time, but it starts with the phone call Saturday.
Speaker 5: Right, that's right?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, so and that went very well, and now he has to tell his family.
Speaker 1: So this is this is amazing.
Speaker 3: And also, can we just thank you for sharing this with us this morning because obviously, out of the blue you've just decided to call us up and share this. But thank you for trusting us with it.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you for allowing me to do that. I sort of shout it from the rooftops if I could. But yeah, this is this is very exciting for me. So I'm glad that you appreciate me sharing it.
Speaker 3: All Right, So Lisa, twelve months from now then you want to have you've got more of a relationship with each other. Yeah, and yeah, your new family that you're going to get to know and meet hopefully.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so twelve months from now, I would have liked to have met my biological father and my brother.
Speaker 3: Now in the meantime, we are radio family. So do you fancy coming and having a beer with us Friday? Oh?
Speaker 10: I cool, that would be great, might help the sore throat.
Speaker 1: Right there you go. I'm sure you'll be okay. Quarantine know they like sit back with Pats on the throne, sick throne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, Lisa, thank you very much for sharing that with us, and we hope we can do everything we can over the next twelve months.
Speaker 10: All right, thank you, Christian.
Speaker 1: All Right, cheers, maut I see you Friday, Okay, see then by.
Speaker 3: Amazing stories this morning. Thank you so much for sharing all this. What a way to mark one year of the show. Thank you, nine four one o four three. We've got time for a few more, but I think we'll spin this out over the week.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 5: Three when you hear it before teen Ring and Win with Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three, Someone's a baut with the new nine from our one day off Sick Ring and win beautiful. Never heard that one before, so simple genius your ring ring because it rhymes. You know that you ring, win, you ring and winow hours to come up with that. Yesterday time well spent? Well do take every Monday off. You're going to come back to stuff yes on the episodes of Handmaid's how you can tear through? All right, So today's that word time waste. We're going back to the beginning.
Speaker 3: We've started today's show by playing the first song We plaid long way to the top ac DC, and we're going to start with the first What was I thinking actually going this big? On Day one a year ago today we did the first ever at work time waste When you didn't know what that was.
Speaker 1: It was just a collection of words. Now it's the biggest thing we do with you guys.
Speaker 3: Every day, and you write these amazing jokes every single day whilst you're loafing off with us at work.
Speaker 1: I love that. But the first one we ever did was simply AFL movies.
Speaker 8: I guess at the time I must been.
Speaker 1: Doing that quite blind. It han't e been in the city eight days?
Speaker 8: Did we start Day one where you were choosing your football team? We had players.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, all right, So AFL Movies we're doing it again. Twelve months on. Let's see what you've got. I've got my left foot scray.
Speaker 8: That's a good sign and well done for do you know we learn a bit.
Speaker 1: Of history, Learn a bit of history. Twelve angry Eddies. What I thought? What I thought?
Speaker 3: Inside there like Russian doles. There's another angry Eddie had another angry Eddie. Million dollar Buddy good, cotch me if you can good.
Speaker 8: I was trying to think of a cut your bife for too long.
Speaker 1: Life of four and twenty pie.
Speaker 8: Good good knowledge of the football Grand.
Speaker 1: Lord of the Kamlings. What a movie? What a movie? Right one ling to rule them all? And also, Eddie knows what you did last summer? What a chilling thing to say to some ofer, Eddie MacGuire. Eddie knows what you did last summer? All right, what have you got? Then?
Speaker 8: Nathan Jones's Diary.
Speaker 3: Played another underwhelming game. That's the end of this weekend's entry.
Speaker 8: A star is Melbourne. Oh hepple feet and horrible busses?
Speaker 1: Nice, very good? Okay, what have you got? Then?
Speaker 3: AFL Movies send us yours? Then the best ones we get in the next ten minutes. Will we mark them? H John Farnham headlining One Electric Day Live at Whereby Park, tickets on sale Thursday, telling him through ticket Master you can win a pair of tickets semi yours and oh four seven five O three one O four three AFL movies your footy movies O four seven five O three one oh four three mark them in ten.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three just give away from tickets goes Hee Fansy Live at One Electric Day Live. Don't know what, I don't know why they win it down this One Electric Day Live. Now one's going out, they'll watching. Let's watch the last year's on an old video. All right, turn Ada Mac mark today's at work time waste Up, which is AFL movies AFL movies. This was the first time wast story did a year ago. When we start the show, we're going back, all right.
Speaker 1: We've got.
Speaker 3: The Wizard of Ossie Rules Football, Silver, Billy well done Weekend at Dermy's.
Speaker 1: Headline that one, isn't it Saturday Night for Vola Silver? What on Jolie Silence of the Fans? Silver, The hot Top, Halftime Machine.
Speaker 3: Front Frio, Willie Gold First gold On, Judie Moravin Geelong Kiss goodnight. I don't know why I said it, and slightly here Spanish will hitch you lung kiss good night, Eddie and his black and white dreamcoat. Rob that's very smart. I am Sam Newman, Silver plus, chilling, Oh buddy, where art thou gold? That's what the fans said, the Swans fans, Cloudy with a chance of meat pies, civil plus. I'm trying to think of one to come up for the D's Crouching Tigers, Hidden Demons, Gold, Duke's World Done.
Speaker 1: Gone in sixty seconds, Clever Sat on a plane, gold Play, Saints on a toilet, Yeah, the Saints of Monte Cristo, Bronze, James Heard and the Giant Peach, Gold, Carton.
Speaker 3: Blues Brothers, Silva Topical Dude, where's my dude? Where's my Carton? Silva Logan wardum and that one's terrible, all right?
Speaker 1: Who's getting the tickets?
Speaker 8: I think it has to go James Herd and the Giant Page, James Hurt and the Giant Peach.
Speaker 3: Who ever sent that on in You've got the John Finn of tickets, go and see him headlining one Electra Day Live at Whereby Park. Tickets on sale two days time, Thursday, ten am through Ticketmaster.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: This time yesterday on the show, okay you weren't here, we were talking about the pheromone. Do you know what the pheromone is?
Speaker 5: You've got no idea what that is.
Speaker 1: It's a strange musical instrument and it sort of makes this noise.
Speaker 8: It's like a box with an electric wire coming out of it, and the closer you hang it's to the wire, the more.
Speaker 1: And that noise is an oscillation in the frequency pitch. I believe. I think that's what it is.
Speaker 5: I missed the day.
Speaker 3: So yesterday we were asked hybrow. We went hi brow with you being off seat, and the reason was we were doing the time waste and it was about musical celebrities. Someone had a theremine one and I was saying, what a hideous instrument that is. No good song has ever had a theremonin And then I get a text from our new friend of the show, lovely guy, very cultured man, beautiful man, and that is Sean mcarliffe, who I got to know when I did my gym with him and he listened to the show and he said, hey, you get strong word for sure, and he told me about this song. I forgot this does actually use a theremonin. That's it.
Speaker 8: The background.
Speaker 1: That bit there. What happened was that you're doing that said, I've never heard that mix of it? Was that a version that's released.
Speaker 8: I was just trying to point out which part we're listening.
Speaker 1: Thank you for putting get in bold italics. Let's hear it again with the Jack mix.
Speaker 8: You're minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course that's it. Well listen.
Speaker 3: First of all, good morning to Sean mccarliff. It's always lovely to speak to our older listeners, fellow white haired people, the smooth lot who've come over like Shawnee Boy. Thank you very much. This was I believe a band he probably saw live back in the day, and I stand by my words. I love the Beach Boys.
Speaker 1: It's still this song is better without this awful So like someone I've got to be interfering with a cat.
Speaker 8: Do we start this Friday? There am in Fridays.
Speaker 1: There aren't any more songs. I can't just keep playing out of the loop. Only one person in is going to be happening. Sure, all eightings, you're going to suff We.
Speaker 2: Do therem in Friday, Bad Idea, Jack, No, the Christian Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: That is it for our anniversary show. So does that mean we've started year two today?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I guess is this episode one of season two or yes? Last episode of season one?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No, the first of episode two or season two?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So we are now off out for lunch.
Speaker 5: Off to Mecca's Bridge Rode, Yeah, to drive through.
Speaker 1: So I'd love to just to catch up for three point seven minutes.
Speaker 8: He's taking it somewhere Nice to wear something nicer than what we got on before having big.
Speaker 3: That's already is wearing something really nice and that is rude. Okay, I'm going to change. I've got a change of you're wearing a hoodie. Yeah, I'm not coming in the hoodie. There's a shirt behind that whiteboard over there. So anyway, the boss has kindly given us the rest of this week off. Team Nice took my team out for lunch, right, and I told them that I had the next day off, and so they all start the show without me, and the boss called and went, where the hell is he?
Speaker 1: He told us? And I lay in bed, laughing my backside off as they all walked through it, and I made them all stay out about eight o'clock and even going, hey, it's right, you know all right?
Speaker 3: So title of today's show is Greasy totem Pole. We are back tomorrow morning. Keep listening every single and we'll chelse you to get in with the winning the big five thousand dollars as part of our fifty thousand dollars phone frenzy. Thank you very much for listening everyone. We're back tomorrow morning. If you want to email the show Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au hug on the way the
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three