Speaker 1: Hello, my name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud yr the Order Kerni Whoalbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money, She's on the Money.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money, the podcast for millennials who want financial freedom. Today, my friends, it's Friday, which means it is time to get our little team together and celebrate you our incredible She's on the Money community. Today, we're going to be sharing our favorite money wins or Miss Jess Ricci across the table from me is sharing your favorite money ins. We'll be helping to answer a juicy money dilemma, which this week is all about how to improve your credit score, and we're going to be unpacking something that you slid into our dms about all about how to support your friend's side hustle. So, guys, how has the week been? Beck? You're here? Have you had a good week? What have you been up to?
Speaker 4: I've had a really good week. The weather's beautiful and I'll tell you what. I'm a little bit sleepy, but like in a good.
Speaker 2: Way, in a satisfying way, like in a summer sun, Like in a.
Speaker 4: Summer sun, seeing mates, doing some going to the gym once every bi annually and.
Speaker 2: I feel good to the gym. No, I cannot relate to that. Miss Jess Grici, how are you? How's your week been? Are you exhausted as well? I feel like you're going to be.
Speaker 5: And I feel like as well because this week's a short week for those in VIC and maybe no, not yourself else but other stuff.
Speaker 2: But it's definitely not in Queensland because you know what I did on Monday? I had, oh my gosh, this is so fancy. Get this. I had a speaking event for Lareel. I love lare Matrix, their hair care brand. Anyway, I went and I spoke to all of their salon owners in Queensland on Monday and I booked it so far out, so it was all booked and you know, we'd organized it, and I was so excited about it, and they've given us like their schedule and when you book a speaking event, they'll be like, yep, it's on you know, this Monday at this time, and you go, yep, I can make that ten out of ten. So I booked it in just super excited to be working for Laurel, Like, that's so wild that I didn't see in my calendar that it was a public No I had to fly And this is not me complaining by any stretch. I feel so privileeged. I met so many nice people, but it meant that I had to fly up on Sunday because the speaking event was for breakfast on the Monday. And I was like cheers at the public holiday. Didn't plan that one well in saying that by the time I flew back to Melbourne and home, it was five pm. And because it was a pubably holiday, there was no trip. Oh that is very good. So that was a very good money in. But I just feel like we have been as a team go go for the last three weeks, like we have just wrapped up our International Women's Day events, and I've never had more fun in my life, Like, oh, it was the best to Beck. You got to come to the Melbourne one. Yeah, it was so fun. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: It was so nice, like meeting the community and actually like talking to people. And I'm shocked by how many people could recognize my face because I.
Speaker 2: Know that we're purely audio. There's also had been posting about you on the internet.
Speaker 5: That's so nice.
Speaker 2: It's just so nice.
Speaker 4: It was a really really fun, wholesome day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yess, did you have fun?
Speaker 6: Oh my rage.
Speaker 5: Yes, I feel like we dragged Jess to every state. Loved it, great time. It was really I can't believe how many people we went. We had over fifteen hundred attendees across the states, which is an insane amount of people, so many more people than last year. And just the kindness and how open and lovely everybody was. You know, people say to us, it's really strange to like see us in person, because normally we're just a voicing they ears. But it goes the other way too, Like normally for us, you're on the other side of a screen, like I'm talking to on Instagram or victorious talking to you on Facebook like whatever. It is so for us to be able to hug you and talk to you, it's just as exciting.
Speaker 2: And we know, I don't know if that sounds creepy because obviously the community is quite large, but like Jess and I are obsessed with you guys, So like, if you've been dming us, I'm really sorry, but we have clicked on your profile picture, like we have seen your bio if your profile was public, I've seen your cat, I've sen your dog, like, and I feel like so many people came up and they're like, oh, hi, like so nice to meet you, and I was like, oh, obviously you two. They're like, oh, my name's Anika. I DM you. Sometimes I'm like, oh my god, yeah, how's your dog? Yeah, like talking about the situation that we might have been there, it's just so wholesome and it feels like we're meeting all of our best friends, Like it's something that I said to you our team. I was like, this is going to be so important for us moving forward because as a podcast, like right now, there's four of us in the room, so there's just there's Beck, there's myself, and there's the gorgeous and a Lisa who keeps us on track, which we are wildly off at the moment. But it's one of those things where it really reignites our team's passion as well. Like sometimes content creation can become really monotonous and like you go, oh my god, what are we going to talk about next week? Far Okay, something in the media is going on about souper, let's talk about that. But just seeing your faces having these gorgeous conversations, I feel like it really motivates us and reignites that passion, even just for us to go, oh my god, let's give those guys more, Let's give them what they deserve. And it's just it's my favorite thing in the entire world, getting to share life with you guys.
Speaker 5: It's the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it's my job. Let's move on before we get there, though. At the end of the show, a few of you in Melbourne might remember and Alisa floating around. She is our gorgeous producer and she was getting like little vox pops. She obviously had her recording gear there and got some comments from you guys, and so we're going to drop those at the end of this episode, So if you want to hear from you, you're on at the end of the EPP. Guys.
Speaker 5: How exciting.
Speaker 2: But let's move on because Jess, one of my favorite parts of the week is talking about our community's money wins. What have you round up for us?
Speaker 5: Firstly this week, I have a money win from Meghan, who said I got a thirty dollars rebate from our council for putting in a compost bin. Every money win matters, and we've just moved into our first home.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm going to check the council website. I was just thinking that.
Speaker 5: I was like, I don't have a compost bin. Do I get money, Mack, because I would get a.
Speaker 2: Compost bin and you would like money back because you're Jess exactly right.
Speaker 5: So we'll be jumping on my local website to check that out. My next money win comes from Chelsea, who said, after hearing she's on the Money's advice about speaking to a broker to find out what I should be doing to afford a property. I was thinking I was a few years away. I reached out and I just found out that I'm basically ready house hunting here.
Speaker 2: I can that is literally my favorite thing ever.
Speaker 7: Starning.
Speaker 2: So many people actually come in our doors Xella money and they're like, yeah, cool, I just want to like know where I'm at for the next twelve months and with you know, some careful planning and maybe a subsidy that you didn't realize you could access or a scheme that exists. Often you're actually further ahead than you think you are.
Speaker 5: Quick intermission. The cooling in our studio is broken. We've complained about this the last couple of weeks. And one literally like forty degrees in very very hot. It's very tasty. But someone just brought us around some ice cream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on a little trolley like with what was it like a speaker on the front. It's all decorated with Yeah, I'm ever in the office for party days. I'm here. I'm glad you got to see one. And yes, you always post about the mor on Instagram and I'm always like, excuse me, did this happen literally the second I left the office, And you're always like, yes, it's literally to celebrate your departure. But let's get back on the community Money Wins train. Keep eating though, please, oh we will, don't you worry? If you hear little nibble in the background, that's just me. Sorry.
Speaker 5: But My next money win comes from Ashley, who said I just got a refund eighty dollars from Disney Plus. I couldn't watch my favorite show. It just wouldn't play contacted support and they couldn't fix the issue, so they refunded me the rest of my yearly subscription that I renewed in November.
Speaker 2: Do you get to keep the subscription? I'm assuming she does.
Speaker 5: I would assume so too.
Speaker 2: Oh sit, wow, good customer service.
Speaker 5: Would you give up your favorite show on Disney Plus for a free year of Disney Plus so you can't like it?
Speaker 8: Done?
Speaker 5: You can't watch NCIS or like whatever your favorite show is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would take it, Yeah, Tayler.
Speaker 5: Yeah interesting.
Speaker 6: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I I'm a woman of many compromises.
Speaker 9: Yeah, not much.
Speaker 5: She wouldn't do it for a free year of Disney Plus. My next money win comes from Emily, who said money win. I used the voucher for Alice KT from the International Women's Day event, and because I live in Queensland where lskd HQ is, I could select Pick three pickup so I didn't have to pay for shipping. She picked two items that totaled thirty dollars, so she was zero dollars out of pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was amazing things with so I'm obsessed. You guys already know that I am so excited about the International Women's Stay show bags, even though there's none left. And one of the things that we were so particular about when putting them together is I don't want your ten percent off voucher for when I spend over one hundred dollars, like, put that in the bin. So when we were putting things together, we obviously only worked with brands that you guys would be obsessed with and ones that we already love. And you guys know that we love LSKD. Yeah, user the code Victoria for ten percent off, You're welcome. But also they put literal thirty dollars vouchers into our gift bags this year with them spend. Is that not super generous?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was actual sick And obviously she didn't even have to pay postage. So that's the best money when I've heard in my life. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Do you guys get those nude wine vouchers or like constantly?
Speaker 2: They already have to spend like one hundred and fifty dollars, Like, just get in the bin. Stop trying to sell me shitty wine.
Speaker 5: Stop it moving around long. My next money win comes from Mariam, who said she found out about Spotify Duo and now we're both able to save four dollars a month each. Now someone else said they found out about Spotify Student, which saves them six dollars a week. So I feel like if you're paying for Spotify, you shouldn't be paying full price. Because there were so many wins this week from people about Spotify, like I don't know if they've just done a new has it.
Speaker 2: Been like a campaign or something recently.
Speaker 5: There were so many of them, so I thought I would just mention it Spotify Student, Spotify Family, Spotify goodness knows what else not sponsored.
Speaker 2: But this is probably not ethical to say, but I just give my friends the long game that too, Yeah, that's fair. It's not very good. So when my husband goes on a run, he'll always take his phone and listen to music, right, And that often happens on a Saturday or a Sunday morning when I'm at home, like cleaning or something, and so that it's actually quite detrimental because he'll kick me off Spotify, and I'll kick him off Spotify, and then he'll kick me off Spotify. And anyway works really well until you come into a situation where you both want to use it at the same time.
Speaker 5: It's like a fight to the death for the Spotify.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leadership.
Speaker 5: Well, that's my last money win for the week.
Speaker 2: Guys, I love that. All right, let's go to a really quick break and on the flip side, we're going to talk about how to improve your credit score, how quickly Jessic Ricky can eat ice cream, and how to support your friend's side hustle. So guys, do not go anywhere.
Speaker 5: Oh rdy. Everybody, welcome back. Let's listen to this week's money dilemma.
Speaker 2: Shall we.
Speaker 5: Hi? There?
Speaker 2: Have you got a money dilemma you just can't solve? The Sheese on the Money team is here to help. Every week, we tackle your dilemmas, both big and small, to answer your most burning money, career and life questions. To get involved, simply head to our website and leave us a short voice recording and you might just find yourself on the show. Now, let's take a listen to this week's money dilemma.
Speaker 6: Hi, tiam, I just wanted to share my money dilemma. To make a long story short, the last couple of years, I made some irresponsible decisions with a credit card whilst living overseas. Although I never considered myself super lavish, I ended up with ten K debt, which I've since paid back, but not before it went to collections. So now my credit history is basically shot to pieces. So I wanted to get some advice on how a regular person can go about repairing their credit history or is this something you just have to wait out until however many years pass, I think it was four years that I read, but I would love to know how to improve my credit score after being in collections.
Speaker 5: All those who have been personally victimized by credit card debt after coming back from overseas, please say I I I, You're not alone.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's really important to point out, actually just because it's not I don't know. I feel like sometimes when you're listening to a money podcast, you carry a lot of guilt because we are out here with all the tips and tricks that you should be doing. But whilst I'm good with money today, I haven't always been good with money and tips and tricks like if it's more of a do as I say, not as I do kind of vibe, you know, so don't look too deeply. First things. First I would say is please don't google how to repair credit scores in Australia and then click the first link that is sponsored that says fix your credit today from Credit Clean Australia. Sneaky, so sneaky. It's so fast and easy to get a credit file assessment and then we will help you fix it. Don't do that, you can do it on your own. Yeah, like they'll charge you for that pleasure because work. No, babe, read the room back. It's one of those things where it does it work. The answer is actually yes, it would absolutely work. But are they doing stuff that you could already do and should already be doing for yourself. Yes, they should be. And the first thing I want you to do is if you don't know what your credit score is, is you're going to go to a reliable website to get your credit score done. So two of the biggest ones are Equifax and Experience, and a more user friendly option is actually, our friends are wiser and we can put the link to that in the show notes, because I think it's really important that we all know our credit score. It's not a full blown credit inquiry to go and get your credit score, and I recommend that everybody goes and looks. And the reason I would look is not because you're trying to get a loan or not because you're like, oh, I worried about debt. What we actually want to do is make sure that it is relevant and actually our content, because sometimes if we don't check our credit score, we don't know if someone's using our identity fraudulently, if we, you know, had someone muck up and you know, put a bill against our name that wasn't ours and that's why it's not been paid off and gone to collections. Or maybe your telephone company forgot to send you a bill and you know you've missed it and never paid it, and you could actually amend that. So there's a lot of things on there that you could actually fix. In a perfect world. You look at your credit history, it comes back and you tick every single box because you go, yep, no, that makes sense. That was a credit inquiry for a phone plan I took out. That was you know, a loan I had, or that's my mortgage, or that's a car inque. Like everything should on your credit score makes sense, and if it doesn't, you need to talk to the people who issued it to like start the process of the what the hell right. But the next thing is really understanding that in Australia your credit score is created very differently to your credit score if you are American. So if you're an American, you kind of like earn your credit score by being in debt, like by getting credits. So like a really recommended way in America is to go and establish a credit card and pay it off regularly, right, because you'll get a good credit score for paying that credit That is not true in Australia. You do not need a credit card to establish a good credit history. What you need to do, my friends, is stay out of debt. And while that is a really not great situation, it's gone to collections that really sucks. You're right, it's going to take two years to come off your credit history. But in the interim, a few things that you can do to you know, improve your credit score would be if you have a credit card, lowering a credit limit on that will usually instantly increase your credit score, because the less debt that you have access to, the more reliable you are. You can limit the amount of applications that you make for credit, so I wouldn't be going and applying for new credit cards. One credit card is not going to solve the issue of the last one, unless there's an actual strategy at play, in which case you would already know that making sure that you're paying your rent and your mortgage and your bills on time is essential because here in Australia, that's how we get a good credit score is by making sure that we don't have things that go to collections or we don't have bills that lapse or get late fees. So late fees and stuff like that will negatively impact your credit score. If it's directly through your energy supplier, well that's usually, to be honest, pretty fine. They're just increasing your bill because you didn't pay on time and they're seeing dollar bills in their eyes. But if it goes to an external third party, that can be an issue. Obviously, utility bills and stuff like that, all of it on time. And then if you do have a credit card and that's something that you still rely on and you need you need to make sure that you pay that credit card on time each month, and obviously if you can pay it in full or make sure you're paying more than the minimum repayments, and that can actually help contribute to a higher credit score. So if the minimum payment on your credit card's fifty two dollars, how much over that can you afford? It might not be triple that's fine, but it might be a few dollars. Going above the minimum repayment can have a really positive impact on your credit score, which I don't think a lot of people know that would just go but I paid it like they sent me a bill. Yeah, they sent you a bill for the absolute minimum to get by, So we need to actually go above and beyond that. Not only will that help your credit score, but it will actually help you get out of debt quicker. And that's what we want to see anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a big win. And we've done two episodes on credit scores in the past, so if you want a bit more information on what that could look like, head back. We've done one called a Deep Dive on credit scores and one called keeping your Credit Score.
Speaker 2: In Check, which you might find helpful. That was a good question though, Vickid, Yeah, because I ask one question before we move on bb Yes, so obviously, you know, my credit score is really really bad.
Speaker 4: It's like in the one or two hundred's, that's right.
Speaker 2: I still got a credit score that's sexy. Yeah, yeah, nice.
Speaker 4: The people out of there don't have because it's so many.
Speaker 2: It can go, yeah, it can go. It can't go negative, but it could be like real close to zero. So I mean having your three figure credit score get going?
Speaker 4: Okay, and it feel so bad, but so basically right now, because I obviously can't get a credit card or anything. So do I just literally stay off the grid for however many years and then or just gradually get better on its own? Do I just do nothing?
Speaker 5: Pay your stuff on time?
Speaker 2: You're not off the grid? So just because you don't have a credit card does not get you out of the loop. You have rent to pay yet, Yes, you have any type of bill? Yes, so your name is on a bill. Yeah, so if you didn't pay that bill and it went to collections, that would negatively impact your credit score? Yes, oh yes, yeah, so paying it positively impacts your credits? Okay, So I think that's the biggest misconception when it comes to your credit score. You assume that to have a good credit score, it means you need to have credit. Just having a bill coming in and consistently paying it is going to be brilliant for you. Okay, doesn't mean that you can go get a credit card tomorrow, but it means that we can work back up to having a good credit score, which is going to enable us more financial freedom in the future. So it's not something I want you to stress over today, but it's one of those things that I genuinely think that we are a bit misconstrued because we're so aligned to Oh, well, in America, you need to xize it. And I mean every article about it is often based on the American way of living, and that's just not how it is in Australia. So you are not off the grid regardless of whether you have a credit line or not.
Speaker 4: Well, it's actually mind blowing. I really was believing that the American credit score system was the one that we used as well.
Speaker 2: It's actually very different. And I think it's a good question as well, because it really reiterates that just by doing good and being good and paying your bills on time is actually really contributing towards you having a good and secure financial future. And I hate the idea because how many times we heard it on the pod before Jess or in our community where people are like, oh, when I turned eighteen, my dad told me to get a credit card because it will build my credit and it's like, thank you, bro science, Yeah, bro science. Let's move on from that though.
Speaker 5: If you speaking about helping out ourselves, but what about helping out our friends, specifically with small businesses.
Speaker 2: Oh that was a segue of dreams. I am always impressed with you. So this week one of you slid into our DMS and the second I saw this question, I was like, Jess is going to love this. This is so spicy. Becky's going to have opinions. So we put it on the Instagram stories. You guys gave us your opinions, but the call out was this. It said, Hey, guys, I'm face a dilemma all in capital that is, so it must be a really big dilemma. I have a close girlfriend who runs her own business, and I really admire and support her. However, when I ordered something that was handmade from her came back, not at all how I wanted it. I spent one hundred and twenty dollars on it, and I'm currently facing a head versus heart battle. On one hand, I just want to support her and I don't want her to feel deflated. But on the other hand, one hundred and twenty bucks was a bit of a splash for me, and I either want my money back or just what I ordered. I hope this makes sense. I'm really keen to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a really tricky one.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 4: Well? I don't know, like I want First of all, I want to know what the product is.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 5: See'st I totally get the need for anonymity, but also I feel like context is key.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, we yeah that yeah, because you need to know, like if it's something that will cost so much money to redo, or if it's something that would take a little bit of time but probably not much money, Like we need to know that kind of thing, like can she redo the one that you have, like if painting, can she paint over the painting and change it? Or is she going to be out for new materials and new whatever is a piece of is it like pottery proper nose.
Speaker 2: Before we dive deeper into this, though, can I just give a little bit of kudos to this friend for paying full price for something that her friend makesuse. I love to see that, and I think that if your friend has a business, the most disrespectful thing you can do is be like, oh my god, i'm friends with you. Can I have a discount? But I'm sorry, it's just not appropriate from my perspective, if your friend gives you a discount unsolicited and says, oh my gosh, like, of course you can have it for this, like I don't know, different story, yeah, but like if your friend is working hard to hustle themselves all the way to the top, like why should you get it cheaper?
Speaker 5: And she really cares about her friend because she's having this delance.
Speaker 2: So kudos to that. I absolutely love it, really smart, But also I feel like it's too who sided, right, Just what would you do?
Speaker 5: I feel like I would talk to her, and you know, you've got to be really delicate about how you approach it. But I think, like the twofold, firstly, you've invested a lot of money, and so if it wasn't your friend, you'd be going back and saying, hey, it's kind of what I stand for. So I don't think it is unreasonable to do that. And I think the flip side of it is, if your item didn't come as expected, there's a good chance that the same thing will happen to somebody customers who may not be as considerate or as kind. So I think if you can approach it with her gently and just say, hey, oh, I was really excited because in the photo it was pink and blue, but the one I got is orange or whatever it is, pointing out and be specific, because I think.
Speaker 2: You don't just say it wasn't what I expected. Can you fix it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: That's still one helpful Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think if you're specific, you can point out exactly the detail that you don't love, and that gives her something that she can clearly action and fix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 5: It's positive feedback for her to take forward for her future orders. And also it's a little bit less personal, like you're not saying, oh, it's shit, I don't like it. You're like, oh, I just really wanted this color or this shape or this size or whatever the problem is.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree more with that. I think that is nail on the head. I also think to add to that, I think your friend deserves the feedback. I agree if you are a genuinely supportive friend of their business, just letting it lie and somebody else, like the general public coming back is going to be worse for her because we've seen it before where people blow up online or post it on Instagram, or you know, do something that's maybe not the kindest way to deliver feedback. And you have this great opportunity to go, hey, Beck, this is so awkward for me, and I've really been wondering how to approach it, and to be honest. I just think honesty is the best policy. This isn't what I expected. You know, it was green and I wanted orange, and you know, I don't know where the communication went wrong, or you know, maybe there's been a material change, like they've been making this one thing out of a particular material for a really long time, Like it's you know, a photo frame and you know it's wood, and it's just changed to like plastic that looks like wood. Oh, it's just it's not the quality that you know you used to have, or it's not what I expected. I think that can actually be really powerful. But I think as a friend, obviously you're worried about it, but I think even just prefacing, like hey, I hope you know that what I'm about to say is coming from a place of kindness. I'm not trying to be a dick, I promise. I think people get the I don't know sometimes from my perspective. We've talked about this on the pod before, where it's kind of like get your money's worth and do this and do that. I also think that the type of personality I have is the type where I really need to preface something to make me comfortable with that situation too. Like it's like when I'm giving feedback or when I'm locking in a meeting with you, Jess, I have to be like, hey, can we have a meeting. Don't worry, it's a good thing. Like I just want to make sure that you're not anxious about this. I want to make sure that you're comfortable. And do I need to do that? Do you need to know? Absolutely not? But it makes me more comfortable with that, And I think by saying that that might help you in those conversations. We asked a few questions on our stories though, and there seems to be a bit of a thing, right, So we asked, do you have a close friend who runs their own business slash side hustle, We love to see this. Sixty two percent of you said yes, Wow, isn't that cool? Yeah, she's in the money community, like, oh, love it. Then we said, have you ever purchased something from a friend that has a small business. Forty eight percent of you said absolutely, fourteen percent of you said no, and thirty eight percent of you hit the button. I just want to press a button. So cheers for that vice. But we felt it was important to add that because obviously, if you just wanted to see the results, you might have fake voted yeah, right, yes, it's good to see that forty eight percent of you have done that. I don't actually think that there should be an obligation to purchase things from your friend's business either. I know that supporting your friend is great, and you know, resharing their business posts and you know, always commenting on things and showering them with love and supporting every achievement they have is what we should all be doing. But if it's not a product you're going to use, I genuinely don't think you should have an obligation to buy it. I agree. I think a lot of the time we feel the need to. Though I've been there. I totally have been there. So of the people we asked, have you ever purchased an item from a friend, we asked what was your sole motive behind purchasing that product? Two percent of you, and this is why I'm saying you don't have to do this. Two percent of you said arts because I love the product, five percent of you said because I really wanted to support my friends. Lovely, twenty five percent of you said both of the above, and then thirty seven percent of you said, do you want to to press a button? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I get it though, because like when you have a friends startup business and you want to be supportive, and you kind of go, well, if you're starting fresh from ground zero, you've got no custodomers, Like unless you've built up a following or you've got an Instagram page, you know they're starting with literally shit all so like them share there like there is a lot, as you said, there are a lot of other things that you can do if you're not in a financial position to support them. But I totally get the oh, I'll be your first order, or oh, I want them to have a good week, so I'm going to put one in. Like it's lovely that people want to support their friends so much.
Speaker 2: I'm that friend. But also we are headed towards a recession, and I don't want people to feel stressed about money, especially when it comes to supporting a friend's business. You can do that. To be honest, in the long term, just buying from them is not nearly as powerful as sharing them with your community or positively advocating for them or giving them a Google review or something like that can actually build business for them in the future for recurrent orders, whereas you just ordering it once off might feel really special, but it's not nearly as powerful. Yes, we asked our community in this situation, what would you do? Thirty percent of you said I would give her the feedback. Twenty three percent of you said I'd just feel too bad and I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another thirty three percent of you said it really depends on the circumstanceays A fourteen percent of you said do you want to press a button?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Of that, some of the opinions were really nice. They said I'd flag it with her in the nicest way possible. I love her. Someone said I wouldn't say it, but I just wouldn't buy it again, which I get it, But is that constructive not helping anybody? Someone said, serve it as a feedback sandwich emerge.
Speaker 5: I love a feedback.
Speaker 2: Should we step it back to management one O one in twenty ten? Or like a feedback sandwich is where you give a positive thing, a negative thing a positive thing and use, like sandwich it all together to make it feel better. I agree. Someone said, I really love your I need to press a button response You're welcome. Someone said, look for your friend to be successful in her business, she needs to know the feedback so she can improve. And I feel like all of these comments were really aligned to the conversation we've had, so we're clearly as a community all on the same page. But TLDR, you want to help your friend in business. You want them to do the best they possibly can, and they think that that feedback no matter how hard it is, I mean, approach it with kindness. And if your friend is having a really shitty week, not the week, probably not the week, use your brain, but I think that it can be one of the better things. And I mean I've had it before. I've had people approach me about She's on the Money when I was starting and be like, oh, hey, the way you said this probably didn't land the way you thought it did. I hate hearing it, but I love getting the feedback because I know that if one of my friends saw that, somebody I don't know is feeling that and wouldn't ever approach me about it, and it's really not helping us grow. It's not helping us be the best version of us. So I love feedback, as much as sometimes it can feel really bad. If it's constructive, I'm always so happy to take it on. So I hope that you do give her the feedback in yeah, the kindest way possible, my friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, be gentle and don't forget if you want to participate in those conversations. If you want to button to press, come follow us on Instagram. We're at Cheese on the Money AUS. We do these every single week. And if Instagram's don't think Facebook, we love a good comment station.
Speaker 2: On guys here twenty three thousand followers on TikTok are we the biggest account on TikTok. No, do we have the biggest ego?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, yeah, No we do. It's not me, it's Brook. I hope she doesn't listened to the podcast. Wait, she listens to every podcast because she's the one that does the podcast video.
Speaker 5: She's going to cut that clip and put on TikTok and do you dirty?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you get what you get and you don't get upset. I gave her leave to go to Thailand and hopefully she'll miss justice. Guys, that is all we have time for in person today. Anna Lisa, our beautiful producer, is about to drop in here some highlights from our Melbourne International Women's Day event, so stick around for that, but we will see you next week. Have a good weekend, guys. Bye guys, Bye. Happy International Women's Day.
Speaker 5: I'm good. I feel high vib like it's the excitement and the adrenaline and everyone's just so lovely and having the best time, and I feel like International Women's Day is such a special day, Like I cried during the speeches, of course because I am that person, but everyone is just so open hearted and warm and lovely that it's my favorite day. Honestly, Happy International Women's Day.
Speaker 2: Happy International Women's Day.
Speaker 5: How are you back?
Speaker 2: I'm just waking up, but I'm good. Okay, she's about to hit the stage. This is a really big deal, and I'm just going to harass her for one second. Hello and welcome. She's on the money. Happy International Women'sday, Happy International Women's Stem. I'm so excited. How does she feel. I'm really anxious. I've done three anxious weets. What's an affordable luxury to you, Victoria, Oh, a really good copy without worrying about how much it's going to cost you. You know, when you're like go and you can tap your card and you just know that there's enough cash on there and you can afford your oat late and it doesn't matter about how much alternative milks cost. That's affordable luxury to me.
Speaker 4: Lour pack butter oat milk, my morning coffee.
Speaker 5: I won't go without my coffee.
Speaker 2: Do you have any special milk?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm too scared to say, Victoria, I drink almond milk.
Speaker 3: Sucked in, Victoria.
Speaker 9: My retinal retinol, I'll plug it. Medicai crystal ten expensive. I always find it on sale, which makes me feel a little bit better about it. But I figure I'm putting it on my skin five nights a week. Your skin's the biggest organ on your body, and hopefully preventative, so that you know my skin is looking fresh when I get a little bit older. That's my way of justifying an expensive product for long term use. Love being a retinal galley.
Speaker 2: It's the best.
Speaker 4: Your skin is glowing, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 11: Affordable luxury this is a bit of a random one, I guess, But I guess me being able to have lots of running water. I know that sounds really random, but like I, because I suffer from chronic migraines, I find that water is actually a really great way to reduce them, so taking like long showers and like long baths. I'm very happy that I get to have that as my every day, every week thing to like manage my pain.
Speaker 2: So it feels like a luxury, I guess.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's depressed.
Speaker 7: My affordable luxury is when I can't be bothered to take the train I drive into work and paper parking because I hate catching trains.
Speaker 2: So that is my ford luxury.
Speaker 3: Mine would have to be jewelry, even during COVID. When we weren't going anywhere, I would still treat myself to a new piece just to wear at home.
Speaker 2: I can confirm the ladies looking good with her bling right now. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was definitely made me feel special.
Speaker 2: Affordable luxury.
Speaker 12: I saw this really interesting thing online the other day about being able to get home safe, and I hate that, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I feel emotual about it.
Speaker 12: Being able to afford to get a dB home. Yeah, and if the only one you could get home is like sure you want having the money to do that, that's it for me.
Speaker 2: Why it is not emotional? No, it's true. If it's incredibly emotional safety, it's like a right. But I hate that that's the thing.
Speaker 12: It was women that we have to think about and have spare money for, you know, like my husband never has to think about that.
Speaker 4: My I think my big money goal for twenty twenty three is to start saving hopefully, you know. I don't want to be I don't want it to be too extravagant. I feel like by the end of twenty twenty three, I want at least a couple hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars and that's that's really it. That'll satisfy me.
Speaker 10: Just save more, Yeah, just say save money.
Speaker 13: That's it.
Speaker 3: I want to buy a car by the end of the year and there a new car.
Speaker 12: Mine is to control my impulse spending and go to Europe with a bit of financial freedom and come back and still have saved money by the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Money goal, I think would definitely just be saving for a house to posit. Just getting into that born savings mode. It feels like a long road, but I know if you just chip away, you'll get there.
Speaker 7: I have a couple of money goals for this year.
Speaker 3: Last year was a.
Speaker 7: Little bit hectic for me money wise. I moved out of home, my car broke down, a lot of things happened. So my money goal for twenty twenty three is to resave my emergency fund and to pay off my credit card debt.
Speaker 10: The big money goal for twenty twenty three is we actually have our own baby podcast, and so it's to baby make my first money with that so that I can maybe like start not using my personal money to fund it. It's differently brained, so that's why Chloe was such an amazing guest today. So we talked to different neurodivergent guests and people who've had challenges with mental.
Speaker 2: Health, and we talk.
Speaker 10: About their lived experience, breaking down the stereotypes and misconceptions around what autism.
Speaker 2: Looks like and what ADHD looks like.
Speaker 10: So I'm autistic in ADHD and my co host is Bipola and OCD. So just trying to change things up a bit, much the same way that Lovely Victoria in your team does.
Speaker 3: I was just wondering if either of you have had a big money lost lately, like got a bargain or had like a parking fine, or.
Speaker 8: She's the queen of parking fines. I've had two parking fines in my lifetime and couldn't have happened, shouldn't have happened? Yes, No, And that was that was less of a money when I guess you could say more of a money loss, let's go with that.
Speaker 2: It was not a lot of fun.
Speaker 8: I actually had a permit to park there, but I had just forgotten to display it. So it was just it was authorful a good of promotion last year. That was quite a money for me the end of last year, so coming into this year, paid off the fine, paid off the fine for me, We'll go with that. Yeah, I cancel each other for me. My money when is. I bought my first apartment, so that's that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty proud of me because twenty one that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So well, I've actually just had a big money goal achieve so we've just bought a big five bedroom house.
Speaker 2: For all the kids.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so that's probably money loss as well, but it's also a goal achieve So yeah, I've had.
Speaker 13: A bit of a up and down relationship with money. I was in a pretty abusive relationship last year and that caused a big money loss. But I've worked really hard and mums supported me a lot in the last twelve months and I've been able to save up twelve grand in the last twelve months.
Speaker 11: So that's like my main money win. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's worked really hard. I'm so proud of her. She's on the money.
Speaker 6: She's on the money.
Speaker 2: She's on the money. She's on the money. She's on the money. She's on the money. The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice tailored towards your needs. Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of money. Sheper pty Ltd ABN three two one IS six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL four five one two eight nine