Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show All Request Friday Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What was that? So jab put me off there with them? It was a very intricate looking dance. It's a tribal kind of thing to bring on the Friday spirit. I think, good morning, it's the Christian I'm conor back for the show Friday Morning Show one oh seven. Patsy, what's the weather going to be this weekend?
Speaker 3: Looks beautiful on Sunday. I think it's sunny in nineteen tomorrow, but Sunday is going to be twenty six?
Speaker 2: Uh oh heat way for me? Another boiling one, Another boiling one. Tell you do you think there was one during the night with the hay fever? Because I was hoping that when I moved here ten thousand miles awad, I'd lose the hay fever. And then I come to a city where everyone warns me about the heat and the hay fever. Last night, and if you could tell my voice, I like, I thought I was actually gonna die. My wife had to get pillows to prop me up in bed like she's married to a nice yet old man.
Speaker 4: Misery do not resuscitate.
Speaker 2: She saw me in a week in state with now's the time to finally claim on insurance.
Speaker 4: It's about the game plan. Kids.
Speaker 2: I know we're all irritated with him. The plan is we moved to Melbourne, done some research. It's the allergy capital of the world. His hay fever is bad in England or hate and he starts struggling in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: He won't make Christmas.
Speaker 2: Roll his body up, roll his body up in the carpet. Well, take him to the Dandenong Rangers.
Speaker 3: It's been a bad season though. It's the flame trees a horrific That's what causes it all, is it? Yeah? All the flame trees we've got in Melbourne not good.
Speaker 5: That's what exactly I mean.
Speaker 4: It's a warning more than the song, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 2: Honestly, Joe and I was like coughing and wheezing and are coming this morning. So if I start splashing at any moment, Jack, I'm going to email you my words. Can you be my voice this morning? On the show. We had an Amazon last night. It was the gig in the pub last night. Labor in Vain. Where did you get the T shirt? They weren't handing those out. Did you steal that?
Speaker 4: You're wearing a Labor in Vain Hotel t shirt? From the pub we were in last night.
Speaker 5: I became friends with Ronan, the owner of the venue.
Speaker 4: You are one of these guys, do you know what he is? Right?
Speaker 2: He's a mild manned man to most people, but I've worked with them only for six or seven months.
Speaker 4: He has a way of just snaking in round the back like a hit man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, are you on the make out for free drinks or more pizzas?
Speaker 4: Tell you what was a great pub last night?
Speaker 2: They really looked up incredible and the bands they couldn't have enough. Great spot in Fitzroy forever. They're good rooftop bar as well. So last night was the three Vands. I played some of how they sounded. They all sounded brilliant last night. They should all be really, really proud. They've made the decision this morning as to how we pick the winner. Run about eight o'clock is when we've got to make our decision today and which one band is going to open up for Jimmy Barnes and the Angels. Also today's show, then Maroon five tickets and it is all requests Friday. Sadly there's going to be another set to between me and the head of music. Here Handbreak Holland, once more a great song has been requested.
Speaker 4: He says, no, I say, Melbourne, what do you say?
Speaker 2: So later on this morning you can vote handbreak Holland, our head of music will be live on the show.
Speaker 4: Have you seen him? He's in this morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah. He never comes here at six am until he has a battle you.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: He makes them all nervous and twitchy about what am I do? Playing your request this morning? All right, let's kick off.
Speaker 4: With this brilliant song Friday morning.
Speaker 2: The Awesome E l O and Living Thing at Sill Request Friday only exclusively to Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This time yesterday on the show, we're having an in depth chat about the journey to the afterlife.
Speaker 4: I'm not joking.
Speaker 2: We were talking about how we'd like to be dressed when we leave this planet, and also I was talking about snacks and how i'd need.
Speaker 4: Some mission chips have an email here.
Speaker 2: I was in correspondence yesterday with the head of marketing for Mission Chips, Jimmy Mission himself. They are on their way over a huge consignment to this show.
Speaker 4: Really, yep, yep. They heard it yesterday went.
Speaker 2: Around the marketing department. They've never heard of such a ringing endorsement as chips to take to the afterlife to share up with God at the Pearly Gates as well. I said to them, might be your most powerful endorsement ever. So they're going to send us some Mission chips. However, in terms of blagging things this week, there's no news yet about the cemi.
Speaker 4: Looking around, we're here until ten am.
Speaker 2: There's a good couple of hours on the show yet we've only just started. I'm hoping there is going to be news. I was hoping you guys knew something. You're keeping it from me until a big announcement half eight or something.
Speaker 6: Honestly, on the way to the gig last night, I saw bricklayers with a cement mixer and I thought of the show, and I thought, that'll be us one day.
Speaker 2: Not one day, someday soon it will be all right then, so I just stick another request when we come back.
Speaker 4: You can hear some of the songs from last night. You can see how.
Speaker 2: They got on Right now, there's a video from the Big Gig last night. The three different bands all their versions of George Michael's face. So the bands had to do two songs each, one of their original songs and also a cover version of George Michael Faith row and way of doing it. You can see the video up live right now on OC one O four to three on our Facebook page. Give the band some love. They all did really well. Don't forget that a lot of them haven't played together for like twenty years, some of them even longer than that as well, and they were all They all did themselves proud last night.
Speaker 4: Check out the video now then OC one oh four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Barnes no second prize, but it's one of my sam in.
Speaker 4: Broad Meadows Rock and Roll.
Speaker 7: Radio, Christian O'Connell's one Last Dream.
Speaker 4: All right, then, getting closer and closer to the Big gig the main stage. How many days?
Speaker 6: One days we're into single figures? Nine days, five hours forty two minutes, twenty three seconds.
Speaker 4: It's so close now we really do need to pick the band.
Speaker 2: So last night, the three bands that you picked last week all played live in above laboring vein in fitzroy all had to do two songs each on their original songs. These are reunited bands haven't played together in years. They were all brilliant last night. They all did themselves proud. It was a great fun down there as well. One of the band's mums offered me.
Speaker 4: You can't say just off. Let's just say. She offered me.
Speaker 5: She was a groupie. Is that anywhere you could.
Speaker 2: Say, like, whoa, I'm not saying that, okay, but she offered she was prepared to go for full distance to help her son's band get the nods.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: At one point, game was so excited during Hot Property, the eighties band one of the first bands that entered this and we love playing their first clip. It was the first clip we ever got of any band, and they got like an eighties keyboard wig out. Suddenly I'm meeting the guy the eighties keyboard playered yesterday and I'm a music fan.
Speaker 4: I'm a bit of a fanboy. And during their song I yelled.
Speaker 2: At the keyboard player and pointed at him because he was doing his wig out, and he actually jumped out with skin and stopped playing.
Speaker 4: It ruins the song.
Speaker 2: They had to start again because an excitable fan and I saw him wolfing down a pizza earlier, and I said, I don't think having all that cheese is performance enhancing. I don't know why he was getting a bit snoosy on that keyboard, but he leapt out of his skin.
Speaker 5: Be fair, you were side of stage, so you were right next to.
Speaker 4: Him, and it was a stage side of room. There was no stage. It was pub bar band. There was no stage for.
Speaker 6: All he says is he's looking down at his keys, trying to concentrate, and moved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some mad palm.
Speaker 4: I heard that.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go there a performances last night, then all right, let's have it. Listen to Bungalow. This was their song which we just love. When they entered. This is Smile, their original song. Here how they sounded last night? They were ut first.
Speaker 4: What's the fun of.
Speaker 8: This?
Speaker 2: Does not sound like a band that haven't played together in twenty years?
Speaker 4: Come on, why didn't they go.
Speaker 2: All the way this is in a pub last smile for twenty years.
Speaker 4: Bungalow. They were up first.
Speaker 6: Honestly sounds awesome, especially for a pub of eighty people that was crammed like packed the brat.
Speaker 2: I was talking forehand, and they were so nervous, like Dew the lead singer, right. It was a lovely guy's family were there, and his daughter Chloe, who they play music together. She's got her dad's passion for music. He could hardly speak. He was so nervous, him and Matt the drummer, and it meant so much to them, and I said, just go out there and enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Like Euston, they.
Speaker 2: Were bullied, as were this band. Then second, up last night March in Moscow.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Said this guys.
Speaker 2: Weir lead sing of this band looked like a rock stard and eat the amazing rock star Beard the kind of ninety sounds.
Speaker 4: At this store empo Chane, Yeah, so that's March in Moscow day. Was that you yelling at the I'm not sure. I can't discount. That was just me randomly yelling this just happy to be alive.
Speaker 2: And then up last they were hot Property, the band from the eighties.
Speaker 4: I should just let you know.
Speaker 2: So there was a lot of in between each band, sort of getting ready for the next band. There was only about five minutes. You just had enough time to get drink and then come back. And however, Hot Property it was like a fifteen to twenty minute today. The bulk of that wasn't anything to do with tuning in the instruments. The drummer lost and I'm not making this up right, I just need to say what happened?
Speaker 4: Right Suddenly the drum had his mobile phone out and his torch. I said, what you're doing if you lost a symbol or something goes with glasses? What do you mean the glasses?
Speaker 2: This is the prescription sunglasses. We're indoors in a pub. You don't need sunglasses. Got Weather Maluchey sunglasses. He couldn't find his prescription sunglasses about fifteen minutes, right, and he had a right old mood on him. He was getting ready. Luckily he found them. Hot Property were amazing. They pulled it out. They put in a performance of a lifetime here's their original song. They did guys.
Speaker 4: Nights a lot of those bands.
Speaker 2: Because it was quite a few years ago, the eighties, their partners never ever saw them play live and so it was a great moment for them Hot Property.
Speaker 4: I can hear my man Rick.
Speaker 2: Waving on the keys there before I gave a heart attack. All right after they as well play a bit more from last night how they did with the cover version of Faith.
Speaker 4: You can watch it right now up on Facebook.
Speaker 1: O C one O four three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 4: Tears Affairs Shout with Carli and Werribee.
Speaker 2: If you ever hear something on the show get to work and he's still got something that's to say on it even a day or week later.
Speaker 4: Who call that late to the party. We love getting your emails.
Speaker 2: Christian at god one O four three dot com dot au just comes from Islands. The Emerald Ard Christian Kashner on yesterday's show podcast and you were talking about pandas. Oh yeah, remember trying to work out how do Panda's mate and why do they need so much encouragement from us humans because they clearly don't want to be doing it? Can you please tell Jack his and in brackets here idea of a man in a panda suit helping them out has come from an episode of The Simpsons, Homer is in a panda suit in a panda enclosure when the mail tries to mate with him. Does Jack base a lot of his facts and science from The Simpsons?
Speaker 4: Now that you know, I think I've seen that episode.
Speaker 2: Well, isn't it worrying how these things filter through to your brain and you forget actually it was a cartoon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because in my mind it's not a cartoon, it's not an animation, it's real life.
Speaker 2: He even said, yes at one point, I think I saw this on TV a man doing this, Yes, Homer Simpson. Another one here, I get this email from various people from all over the world to listen to the show here in Melbourne, and the podcast listen is over in England as well. This is the email I get once a week about this thing, which was in the early days of the show.
Speaker 4: One a Christian.
Speaker 2: What happened to the idea of getting that kid in to see if he could kick Jack in the head? Do you remember that it was a twelve year old taekwondo superstar and you said, there's no way he better kick you in the head, and he was up for coming in.
Speaker 4: And then there was so much form fling going on. We just dropped the idea, and.
Speaker 5: Which weirdly, to protect the kid, not to protect.
Speaker 2: No, well, I think make the guy from like Health and Safety and OHS said you'd have to wear a crash helmet. But listen, you've got another couple of weeks left on the show this year. Is it time so find that kid? I reckon if you're stood up for it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel like it was one of those things that the show is new. I was like, I should take more risks, butting.
Speaker 4: Pat, would you like to see a young kid kick Jack in the head?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I like that idea?
Speaker 4: Pats, do you want to keep working with the show next? Yek?
Speaker 3: Although we did stand me up, didn't he last?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Actually that might be. And then I come to this email.
Speaker 2: I get you Once a month, I'll get an email like this where I just staggered that someone thinks I can just sort this out, you know, just get my phone out and make that happen. This one is about the man, the moment we're all getting excited and coming back to Melbourne next year. Brian Adams, Patsy, you're excited. You love Brian Adams, you can win Patsy's tickets next week on week eleven of ten weeks of tickets. Hi, Christian, I was wondering if you're able to help me with something and get in contact with Brian Adams.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Great eighties band spanned out Ballet gold on Gold one and four point three. That's where Caroline Taylor and Noble Park. Great reason why you want to hear this? It's my Camisthenetic team song and we just splitzed it at the Pan Pacific Masters Game, bringing home four gold medals in the bronze and that is there, So well done Caroline Taylor.
Speaker 4: The rest of our team in Noble Park.
Speaker 2: One of the worst ideas ever did in the radio is during London twenty twelfth the Olympic Games, Team GB start to get quite a few medals, obviously maybe the home advantage and some brilliant athletes as well. And remember once I was out to lunch with my boss, he was saying we won't get any more three golds, that's all we're going to get, when now I think there's another like two and a half weeks. I think there's more golds to come. And I don't even know why he greeted us. I said, well, I'll tell you what. Then at the end of it, I will play Spandal Ballet's Gold right in full for every gold medal that we've won. And he won, well, I was fine, it'd be four or five. Do you know how many gold medals teamg you be got On the end.
Speaker 5: I know they cleaned up that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty nine. I was an Air until lunch time and I played that song in full twenty nine times. If you imagine listening to Lack and you'd find it irritating.
Speaker 4: Imagine being me. I had to hear it twenty nine times.
Speaker 2: One of the plays, Tony Hadley, the lead singer Spander Bay, came in and sang it live for us. David Tennant, the actor, did a spoken word version of us trying a Colair singing, came in into an operatic version of They're trying to find as many different ways to try and get a different ways that we would end up playing it twenty nine times. It was horrifically irritating. It was like torture, you know, we just keep hearing it over and over again. And the sad thing is now you resent those athletes. All right, there's Brian Adams email Siddle pads Hi, Christian, I was wondering if you better helped me out where with getting in contact with Brian.
Speaker 4: Adams, because you know what I'm like, I've.
Speaker 3: Got all the stars, you're in the knife, I've.
Speaker 2: Got all the hot mail numbers, I've got Brian amasone. Okay, yeah, that's a special thing that starts her. Next year is my thirtieth wedding anniversary and I sung the song Heaven to my wife at the reception.
Speaker 4: Can we all see where this is going? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't think you can. The fourth it's about to unfolove this. I would love to sing it to her at Brian's concert.
Speaker 4: Him.
Speaker 2: Can you help sort Mark? So let's just let's just imagine this. Then you've paid good money to go and see Brian Adams sing. Hang on a minute, who's that getting up on stage? It's our man Mark, who's going to sing it Heaven with Brian. We don't want to hear Mark sing. We paid money to hear the guy next to sing Brian Adams. But some guy from the crowd we don't know who can't sing as well as a guy we paid to come and see it's going to sing it as well.
Speaker 4: Surely the guy's wife doesn't want you singing it.
Speaker 2: Mark, just Brian Adams to maybe go, oh, Carolines here, happy wedding anniversary, this is heaven and you're in heaven right now, and.
Speaker 4: He does the song.
Speaker 3: I think it's a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: Would you if you were there, you want some guy from the crowd singing that song? Or do you want Brian Adams?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, I think Brian's good at doing Adelie Blake that I think it'd be fun.
Speaker 5: Perhaps is Mark your husband Chris under a pseudent?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I recognized this as well, Martini Mum at Hotmail, Pats try again all right?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All the nights are playing All's Good in the World with me, Tom and Brian. Thank you very much for picking this song and all requests Friday and Gold one oh four point three. You made my dreams perfect song for this beautiful Friday morning. So last night was the big pub gig for the final three bands you picked for one last dream. I just loved it. We all had such a great time there. It was amazing. The bands will played their hearts out. You could just feel the energy and the love and the room from their family and friends that were there and also you guys it came along to support the three bands.
Speaker 4: They're all great. You can see how they got on last night.
Speaker 2: We've got a video up already of the three bands doing their version of George Michael's Faith which they all are knocked out the part.
Speaker 4: It's up there on Facebook o C one four three in an hour's time.
Speaker 2: We got to make the hardest decision to pick which one band, and it is so tight, so tight. So for some of the people there last night, obviously they've never seen family members play like because they played like twenty five twenty years ago. There was Chloe from her dad leading a Dale at Bungalow Keller.
Speaker 10: I'm Chloe Dale's daughter Dale from Bungalow.
Speaker 4: Dad killed it.
Speaker 1: He was so good and all of them it was like they're having so much fun and it was.
Speaker 2: Just it was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was so cool.
Speaker 10: I felt so proud of him and I know how much he loves music any he really does and he just he deserves to show people just how talented he is.
Speaker 2: And then talking about superfans, there's the old's keenest mother. I met last night, Connie, two boys of hers in the march in Moscow. My two boys, Pete and Christopher are in marching Moscow.
Speaker 3: I can't beget I'm just so proud of them. I thought they smashed it.
Speaker 11: Out of the park.
Speaker 3: They singing kay, they had pounds so great. They've still got it sitting there.
Speaker 12: Blood music is in their soul.
Speaker 4: At some point in the night, she also grabbed a microphone and sang, you lift me up. Not making it up.
Speaker 2: That happened, and it was amazing. She was really, really, really good. Here's one of the night. She had to be there, all right, So in hour's time we got to start making decision which one band goes for because Jack, it is very close to the big gig in front of fifteen thousand people.
Speaker 6: Nine days, four hours, forty nine minutes, forty seconds.
Speaker 2: All right, coming up next? Then what were you banned from by your mum and dad? If you have something nine four one four one four three, I'll go around the team.
Speaker 4: Next, you're picking is it this morning? Every single Friday on the show Kelly and Box.
Speaker 1: Here wants to hear this from under World, Underneath the Radar, the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, so what were you banned from by your parents? For me? It was two things? Right.
Speaker 2: Still don't understand this now, and I've asked her parents and I don't have any detail because back then you didn't really push your parents or give them any lip or I didn't. One was a denim jacket. All my mates had jean jackets, and I weren't off their faces on drugs. They were all getting good grades. For some reason, my dad didn't want me wearing a denim jacket. I don't know what if I would put the denim jacket on and it would transform me into some hoodlum or alarika as the jacket is too powerful for me. Wasn't allowed to wear a denim jacket until I was sixteen.
Speaker 5: How did it feel when you finally pulled it on?
Speaker 4: It was right. I thought it.
Speaker 2: Would be like, oh, we had this magical power like Joseph and his technical a dream coat.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I thought it changed my life. I couldn't believe it. It was so embarrassing. And the other one was a TV show, Punky Brewster. Oh gosh, do you remember a Punky Brewster.
Speaker 4: This was my mum.
Speaker 2: She'd never seen it, all right, she was a nurse. Someone on the ward said that her son watched it and he started to be very rude around the house.
Speaker 4: And that was enough for my mum.
Speaker 2: Anything my mom. My mum was a nurse, so she always thought the danger was everywhere.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: I wasn't allowed to skateboard because she said that some at the hospital had been rushed in and I was too young to sort of query, go, that doesn't many sense.
Speaker 4: I was tense.
Speaker 2: She said that someone was on their skateboard, went under a lorry and all that was left of them was their head. And when you changed, I don't want to just be ahead. I don't want the skateboard. Now I look back and go with that's.
Speaker 4: Just not possible.
Speaker 2: No one is just a head. No one's going to see someone in the hospital. Don't say anything about it's just a head. It's just a head and the pillow get ready.
Speaker 3: Riding a skateboard.
Speaker 4: Using his ears. I don't know, but anyway, So what were you banned from by your mum and dad? What was it for you?
Speaker 6: I had two things that I wasn't allowed to have until I was a teenager, so thirteen years old I was until I was thirteen.
Speaker 5: I was banned from bubblegum.
Speaker 4: Me too, because it would give me an appendicitis.
Speaker 6: Apparently, well, our the myth in our house was that if you swallow it, it stays. It stays in your body for seven years before its process.
Speaker 2: So specific, not ten, not five, seven years. And then one did you poop it out? Got bubble gum flavored poop.
Speaker 6: So I guess at thirteen you're old enough to be trusted to spit it out again. And the other one was I'll just bass my mum.
Speaker 5: During that song. You remember anything else? I was bared from permanent markers.
Speaker 3: That is a good one.
Speaker 2: The damage I could have done if I was thirteen with a permanent marker, bubble gum and a denim jacket.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to Angie.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning guys, Happy Friday, and you Happy Friday?
Speaker 4: Angie. What were you banned from by your parents?
Speaker 13: So we watched one episode of the Simpsons, and my mum was outraged. She thought it was vulgar, and so we were banned from watching the Simpsons. Yeah, Bart Simpson, he added, he used the word bum. Homer would belch, and she just thought it was disgusting. So she didn't want to teach us bad things like that. So it's like, no Simpsons, and.
Speaker 6: Angie tell me, is the hardest thing going to school the next day because we had one kid in our group who wasn't allowed to watch it. Everybody else is talking about the episode from the night before and he just couldn't.
Speaker 4: And it was the coolest TV show for in the world at the time.
Speaker 13: So everyone was watching it. Yeah, everyone, everyone, Even to this day, some of my best friends and we're thirty seven and they'll quote Simpsons like every time we go out, and I'm like, yeah, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Well, is the band still on?
Speaker 4: You're still watch when you get to fifty five, we're talking again, Angie.
Speaker 13: By the time I was allowed to choose what I was I wanted to watch, I'd lost interest and yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Also we went laugh. Now, it was a really edgy TV show at the time.
Speaker 2: There hadn't been TV light that remember the it made newspaper headlines as well up some of the bad language in it, and that a homer was this beer drinking, very bad role model, and it was like it's a cartoon. They're taking the mickey out of the behavior. A brilliant TV show and you thank you very much. She could I have a great Reecaard, have a.
Speaker 13: Go on, guys, Luise, Yes, Hello, good morning.
Speaker 4: Yes and Louise, what were you banned from by your parents?
Speaker 14: I was banned from riding a bicycle.
Speaker 4: Oh, come, come on the world's on bikes, white bikes.
Speaker 14: Because I used to do Irish dancing and I was on the bike. No, not on the bike, but just and we used to wear little white sox and then the dresses would come down and so if I fell off the bike, I would end up with Mercura chrome on my knees and that wouldn't be a good look.
Speaker 3: Our mother's used to babus in there.
Speaker 4: So what is mecura come?
Speaker 3: It's like a red lotion that drives up scabs and stuff when you fall off your bike.
Speaker 4: That is a word I haven't heard since I was eleven years age.
Speaker 3: It was horrible stuff and it took weeks to Yeah, listen.
Speaker 2: To these two some sort of scabb reunion. Where do you get a scab? I'm where my elbow was? Oh I had a knee.
Speaker 3: No, just kids it the seventies.
Speaker 4: Are you all right then, Luise? Thank you very much. She killed my Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 14: Okay, you too?
Speaker 2: Alight the girls coming? Nine four one four, one four three. What did mom and dad Banny from.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three Great Southern Land ice House for victim mento Christian. I've just got to work.
Speaker 2: I was blasting out mc hammer earlier. Was in one song I want to hear It's your fault.
Speaker 4: I want to hear.
Speaker 2: Tone low wild thing. When it became Pats's theme tune on your Facebook game this week? Oh yeah, yeah, we met the this Patsy's new theme tune.
Speaker 3: Wow, I think that should be the new news thing.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, you're in changing these bats. If you want that, we can make that happen, all right. It's more than we're taking the calls on what you were banned from by mum and dad. Let's go back to the lines now.
Speaker 4: Nine four one four one four three back, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 12: How are you going guys?
Speaker 4: We're pretty good back. What was it for you?
Speaker 12: I was banned from watching Prisoner when I was a young teenager.
Speaker 4: And what was the reason.
Speaker 12: It was a bit raunchy, bit risque. It was violent, it was swearing, it was you know, they weren't very nice people. But everyone was talking about it at school. So I'd have to sneak down the hall out of bed at night and look over my parents' shoulders.
Speaker 2: And hello, little bit of a look late night TV shows, wasn't it? And do you remember when they would have the fights by that sort of steam room or something. But the eye in the clothes i'd be was in change with the sets would wobble? Is a cheap old show, wasn't it?
Speaker 12: Yeah? And if you weren't careful you end up with your arm in the in the Elma press.
Speaker 4: All right, bet that's a great one. Have a nice weekend, thanks to calling the show. Bye bye, Catherine, Good morning. How are you doing good captain? What were you banned for? Mate?
Speaker 15: I was being from Skyhooks. From Skyhooks, Well, I wanted to be the coolest kid in school, so I went and bought with my pocket money living in the seventies. I took it home, put it on my mum had a look at the cover and she saw the song you just liked Me Because I'm good in bed? That was it record back in the cover, and I was marched straight down to the record shop to swap it for something else.
Speaker 11: It was so embarrassing.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, So just like me because I'm good in there? That's okay.
Speaker 15: That wasn't even the worst song on the album. That's as far as I got though out here.
Speaker 4: Catherine.
Speaker 5: Do you remember what you have swapped it for?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Oh, something like Greatest seventy four, seventy five or something really boring and bland.
Speaker 2: Yep, safe for ground. All right, Captain, thanks so, I think you'll have a nice weekend.
Speaker 8: Big Dan, good morning, hell is everybody?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we go Big Dan, Big Dans will as well. What were you bann from? Big Dan?
Speaker 8: H This this is pretty sad. I wasn't allowed to watch Doctor Who.
Speaker 2: It used to be a terrifying TV show When I was a kid. I was always watching behind the couch. Was there anything in particular about talk to Who that you were? They're worried you'd have nightmares.
Speaker 16: Well basically, yeah, I was waking up and frigging everyone else in the house getting chased by fish men, head.
Speaker 8: Monsters and the Dialects little slugs and no, not the Dalects. Now, that's where where they stopped me from watching it because at school I used to take a little plunger, you know, the little plumbers plunges, and I used to run around trying to exterminate the kids.
Speaker 2: That's how Hitler started. And you got to you gotta catch it, nip it in the bud, you know, you start with the old plunger.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got no trouble for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember I watched it. I used to have nightmares about the Dalects, right Jack. They were terrifying, all right. It was Davros, the leader of the Dialects, and I remember having a nightmare one night and my mom trying to calm me down by saying that the Darneks couldn't get upstairs and that was.
Speaker 10: The only.
Speaker 4: Yea upstairs and a right, okay, they can't get up the stairs in the morning.
Speaker 3: Let me down, then, mum.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: R and Me Friday when you got the King on all Request Friday and Gold one oh four point three Elvis Bresley with Chunky Excel A little less conversation Pitt this morning Coral Woods in Dandenong North.
Speaker 4: That's only brilliant. I hope you enjoyed that.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast shows ten weeks of tickets.
Speaker 4: Every morning at.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty am, you'll chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town this week. On week Tennis who went about Maroon five bringing their red palel blue short to the Rod Laver Arena Friday, February twenty second, brought to you by Live Nation.
Speaker 4: Next week we rolled it out.
Speaker 2: It's going to eleven weeks as Brian Adams every single morning at seven point thirty when Patsy's Brian Adams tickets.
Speaker 4: Are you looking forward to this?
Speaker 3: Pats Oh, You've got no idea, honestly, no idea. There's a countdown on my fridge.
Speaker 2: All right, then, Maroon five tickets this album given away this week playing Panic.
Speaker 4: I'll give you five seconds on the clock.
Speaker 2: Give you a category, you've got a name, as many things as possible in that category to warm everybody up to show you how it can go. We've been having pats taken producer Beck, perhaps you really need to win. I've deliberately tried to evate this fair and easy, real fair every single morning. Becks, Good morning, producer, Becks.
Speaker 4: Can you hear me? Now? Gotcha?
Speaker 15: Listen?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: I know we were going to get an uber each this morning. We're all out late last night. We had a couple of drinks. Everyone's a little bit dusty today. And what a duber each say to you?
Speaker 4: He said, can you get someone to come and get it? Can you be that uber eats?
Speaker 2: I'm ringing Hamish Nandy because they I didn't want to stay now working for them. I saw Hamish on the other day and a little moped delivering food.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that.
Speaker 12: I didn't had a response, to be honest.
Speaker 4: So the whole finger she brings it trus, we go around to your place and get the food.
Speaker 5: Imagine they said the same thing for just the uber driving like I need to go to the airport.
Speaker 2: All right then, so Bex, I've got a couch for you here five seconds. The name as many Nobel Prize winners in literature you ready is because it's a.
Speaker 12: Gury pastic Mariano Alice Munro heard Amurla Octavio Paz.
Speaker 4: Well done, well done, Yeah, well done. Yeah it was great one. Another easy one for you pats.
Speaker 2: You know reason this is a gimmey like that one Nobel Prize winners in the field of science.
Speaker 4: Another easy one. It's a gimme.
Speaker 1: What was his name?
Speaker 3: He passed away recently?
Speaker 4: Who's that?
Speaker 3: They sold his wheelchair the other wait for charity? They did, Stephen Hawking, Jack, Stephen Hawking they did and raised like half a million for charity. You've got to give me one, so.
Speaker 4: Your your you're one? Was they sold his wheelchair for charity. I was getting to the point the minds of our time.
Speaker 3: Charity, sirs.
Speaker 2: Stephen Hawking is simply just known as They sold his wheelchair for charity.
Speaker 4: What do you think when they gave him Nobel Prize? Were an announced it? And now well I'm the guy in the wheelchair?
Speaker 8: Can that be?
Speaker 4: Come on? You know who you are.
Speaker 3: You've got to give you that point, give me that point.
Speaker 4: I sold his wheelchair for charity.
Speaker 3: And they've buried him in Westminster, Abby. He had that yeah, he had that. Not many people, only royalty get that's true honor.
Speaker 4: And former leaders as well. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think Winston Churchill was there and that. Yeah, Professor Stephen Hawking, he had the bowed him in the chair and the Clark says.
Speaker 4: That's not bad, it's coming.
Speaker 5: That's too much.
Speaker 4: That's come on. I'm calling time. He's off again. Wild thing, all right, calling now nine four one for one oh four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, then let's play this morning's Panic.
Speaker 2: We'll give you five seconds on the clock, and you've got a name as many things as possible in the categories. Belinda's up first this morning. Good morning, Blinda, Good morning, Hi Belinda.
Speaker 13: You ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's a Friday, you know, it's the start of the weekend. I'm looking for as many types of alcoholic.
Speaker 13: Drinks wikipia, why hens, sequila?
Speaker 2: Wow, you could have ket you could have kept going there. I mean, are you outside of bottleo or something?
Speaker 4: That was a good six? Seven? What was the score?
Speaker 5: I think five? I would particula on the end.
Speaker 4: Alright, then so five, well and that's a good score. Stay there, Belinda. All right, let's see how Bethany, good morning, Good morning, all right, Bethany, you ready, I am very ready. All right. Five seconds to name as many Olympic sports.
Speaker 15: Hi, gymnastics, swimming, shooting, straight out the trap.
Speaker 2: Say you get three, which means I'm winning this morning the Boozehound, Belinda, Blinda, you got the tickets, Thank you so much. That's all right, enjoy Maroon five, well done, thank you, and of course the winning could be happening again today with gold one oh four point three's exclusive golden ticket, one ticket that gets you in a mate, Jack.
Speaker 4: Just name five of some of the shows next year.
Speaker 6: Yes, tickets to the next year's Melbourne Show, tickets to next year's racing carnivals.
Speaker 5: Bring Racing Carnival.
Speaker 6: There is Brian Ferry, of course, Phil Colin, Yes, come on baby, one more baby.
Speaker 4: What about this? It's just sudden.
Speaker 2: You also got Eagles under the Southern Stars, red Hot Summer Talk, Kylie. The Melbourne Comedy Festival loads.
Speaker 4: More as well.
Speaker 2: We got to listen out for It's a golden song. From ten o'clock to one with us right after breakfast show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, Hellison, Pats.
Speaker 3: Yes, sorry, sorry no, I just reached over for my pen. Sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I've made this for you. I just want your feedback. Okay, okay, that was a great news bulletin. By the way, I just think a little tweak and this would sound even better.
Speaker 7: Gold one four point three Melbourne's Most Comprehensive.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great way for you to deliver news every half an hour on the show to Melbourne. Here's the latest now, Patrina Jones, Most Comprehensives it Hi, good on, Pats. All right, back to your requestion and we got into One Last Dream, got big announcement.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three or request Friday, Debra and Barrett wants to hear that April Sun in Cuba.
Speaker 4: Dragon, all right, we need to talk about this.
Speaker 7: Rack and more Radio Christian O'Connell's One Last Dream.
Speaker 4: Over the last three weeks on the show.
Speaker 2: Then, we've been asking you if you fancied reuniting that band you used to be and we had no idea.
Speaker 4: How many of you would be up for this. The show's only a couple of months old.
Speaker 2: I'm still new and you new, and I didn't know the ninety expands would be up for reuniting. Maybe it was the big gig we had in front of fifteen thousand people opening up for Jimmy Barnes and the Angels and loads more.
Speaker 4: It is so close now, how long tools showtime?
Speaker 5: Nine days, three hours, fifty one minutes, no second? Oh, how's that doubles every second?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So we did the gig last night, I said, we did the gig. The final three bands that you picked on the show last week all played live. It's in a pub, the Labor in Vain and Fitz. Thank you very much to them, great pub. They really looked after all of us who came down yesterday. Thank you very much for those who showed up, supported the bands and Greally gave them so much love. All the bands were very, very nervous. You can imagine why most of them hadn't played together in about twenty years. Suddenly they are, you know, two weeks after hearing this on the radio show. They're in a room, they're in the pub. We're right on top of them. They've got video cameras in their face, and so they've got to play live. So they all had to do one original song and a cover version of George Michael's Faith. And we were aiming to announce the winner now, but obviously it was a late night last night, and the performances were so good.
Speaker 4: And we didn't know what they'd be like.
Speaker 2: There's no way we could have known how great they were going to be, what it's going to be like if they could still play life, and more importantly, who can handle the nerves of doing it again? And we've got to think, well, they're going to be like in front of fifteen thousand people, let alone eighty people in a pub in fitzroy. All the bands were so good yesterday, there's no way we're in a position right now to announce a winner. I think we'd be doing the bands a disservice. It needs a bit more time. We're going to take the weekend to have a really good think about it. I want to hear all the songs again in full, without rushing and still doing today's show. So I'm sure you understand. I hope you understand. We can't announce a winning it. It makes you feel uncomfortable because it means we're announcing it on Monday, and then my god, then it's next Sunday. The game got to weary manchals. No, they got what six days? And then I'm bringing them on the main stage. But it's too big a decision. The bands were so great. I don't just state my word, but let's go back to last night. This was the first band Bungalow and their original song smile. Haven't listened to this love?
Speaker 4: All performances.
Speaker 2: Not played together in twenty years doesn't sound like it, does it.
Speaker 10: Hello, I'm Chloe Dale's daughter Dale from Bungalow.
Speaker 4: Dad killed it.
Speaker 10: He was so good and all of them, I look like they're having so much fun.
Speaker 3: And it was just it was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was so cool. I felt so proud of him.
Speaker 10: And I know how much he loves music any he really does, and he just he deserves to show people just how talented he is.
Speaker 4: Another strong performance and March in Moscow. Right, So this sounds like it's on a big stage somewhere.
Speaker 2: Tell me if this isn't a pub at Fitzroy Last night, all watched on by a very very proud mum called Connie my.
Speaker 4: Two boys, Pete and Christopher in March in Moscow.
Speaker 3: I can't beget I'm just so proud of him. I thought they smashed it out of the park. They sing in key, they had pounds sour grape.
Speaker 4: It's still got it.
Speaker 12: It's in there, blood music, it's in their soul.
Speaker 2: Then there was the brilliant Hot Property won the first bands to ever get in touch with us.
Speaker 5: My going I can't flips, but that's all.
Speaker 16: Come to game.
Speaker 4: This keyboard player.
Speaker 2: I was scared that I actually interrupted his performance. I feel really bad because I went yeah and he stopped playing. He actually jumps. It scared him, so they had to start again.
Speaker 4: Uh, Steve O. This guy Absolutely fantastic. It's one of the best things that having to in my whole life.
Speaker 16: Honestly, almost like you're bringing back all the memories of when he used to play lout all people here.
Speaker 4: Just the atmosphere is fantastic. Who is that that is?
Speaker 2: That is producer be cackling in a poor man's face. Let's hear that again.
Speaker 4: Listen to the loon cackling at the end. Absolutely fantastic. It's one of the best things having in my whole life.
Speaker 16: Honestly, almost like you're bringing back all the men reason when you.
Speaker 4: Used to play a little. All the people here. I just the atmosphere is fantastic.
Speaker 10: Start.
Speaker 2: He'd had a few by then. We were all very excited. It was an amazing night, all right. So here's what you can do over the weekend. All the performances, all the songs in full. Go and watch them over the weekend and let us know who is your favorite. Who do you think deserves the big spot in a week's time. Just over a week's time, head over to Facebook. You can watch the all the songs in fall now from the three brilliant bands. Leave you comments, let me know what you think. O C one O four three on Facebook Monday morning. Now, tough weekend, big decision needs a bit more time. Monday morning, we really do have to announce the winning band. Then head over to Facebook. OC one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That's a counting Gladstone Park, beautiful song for Friday, Christian Friday. We love by the Cure. So I mean, I haven't got anything on this has fallen a victim of accidental theft. Yes, I am a victim, but I was doing the thieving. Oh well, now that makes it sound like a conscious decision doing the accidental thing.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to keep out of trouble here.
Speaker 6: Well, it's actually funnily enough Bunnings, who we are still interfeued with whether or not we're going to.
Speaker 4: Get our cement. They took about breakfas show wars.
Speaker 2: Don't they that our war is with Bunnings because they won't give us a free cement mixer.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 4: Didn't they have a special yesterday?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I known anything back from them?
Speaker 5: Not good. No, Well, so this might seem like it was a deliberate a repercussion, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Because I attacked Bunnings, But it was accidental the Bunnings in Now I'm saying, I don't know why I've chosen to say this because it's going to sound dodgy, But there is a Brunswick Bunnings which has two stores. And because it's a small area and it's hipsters and they're trying to they.
Speaker 4: Can't carry much come they you know, they're so weak from all the mung bean and crusty.
Speaker 5: They have done. Most Bunnings are huge. This one has to be split up.
Speaker 2: I just thank you as well for just putting this into some context with the history of Bunnings, and they're geographic locations as well.
Speaker 5: You gotta know why it's split up into two buildings across the car park to get to the second building.
Speaker 4: Right now, you're walking north or south.
Speaker 6: If you must know, you're walking west. I've accidentally got some gap fillar not accidentally. I purposely got the gap filler. Accidentally left with it as I'm going from one side of the Bunnings to the other.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, going through that you pay for it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, sorry, that's the accidental theft part.
Speaker 4: You didn't pay for it. No, Patsy, I think do you think he's going to be in your news on Monday?
Speaker 5: Gap filler?
Speaker 2: And now there's no way I'm getting that cement mix, So you've killed that.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: The only link they're going to hear this week is it me raving about the discounted cementic. So they're going to go in the fact that you nicked a some gap filler.
Speaker 6: No, now, just remember then I went back and drove away and then went ah, not paid for that, went back paid and that's the end of the story.
Speaker 2: Ah, all right, so you know we're not running a phone in now that we agreed on. Accidental theft is now called accidental theft. But then you drove back and paid for it, and you remembered and you paid for it, right, Okay, maybe legally that is a safer way to this as well.
Speaker 4: So what have you accidentally taken? But for the sake of.
Speaker 2: Everything, say at the end of the call, just say, but I went back and paid for it, and then we're all keep out of troll.
Speaker 4: That makes sense. Nine to four. What we were drinking last night? Nine four one one four to.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Bad to the Bone or Request Friday Only on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: I'm a big fan of proper rocks until they end properly. I don't like it when they fizzle out, not the big I've did it. It's like a full stop bang, We're done.
Speaker 5: You had the fade out.
Speaker 4: I don't like the fade out.
Speaker 2: I like it when it's a proper I remember once it was a little bit Hungover slash stool Trunk. When I first started in radio and went, we'd only played socks.
Speaker 4: Show one Friday morning, that the proper ends not playing that.
Speaker 2: It's a good song. I'm not playing that. It's going to end properly. I think the show sounded I got so much trouble.
Speaker 5: Before you played a song. You have to think, how does this no I'd go.
Speaker 2: I would make my producer go through all the songs we're going to play that day, and he go that, well, this one's got a fade out.
Speaker 4: This one fades out for thirty six. We're not playing that. But you love the song. It doesn't matter. It's got to end.
Speaker 2: Probably like Georgetowergod, that would have got played. That would have been fine anyway. Else to Debbie and Roxburgh a part.
Speaker 4: Do you know what this morning?
Speaker 2: Second request on the show from Roxburgh Park. This says to me, we can now declear it. Roxburgh Park, like Geelong, is under our control. God one I four point three in the morning, we were all there. Roxburgh Park has fallen. Time of fallen eight twenty nine. All right, Angie, yes, yes see. And what if you accidentally accidental theft work we're talking about our the jack has accidentally taking some gap fill the from our favorite storement Buddings.
Speaker 5: But then, of course I went back and I remembered I did it, and went back and pay it.
Speaker 4: Well done, and what's it for you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 11: I was bad to the bomb. I walked out of a supermarket with sixty four nappies.
Speaker 4: And obviously these are four a child?
Speaker 11: Oh you no, no, no no, they weren't the dependables, so a nephie all right, now we don't know.
Speaker 4: You know some of the gold listeners?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, And how do you walk out with those? Accidentally? You've got to lug them all out?
Speaker 11: Well, you've got underneath the trolley the little rat bit and then you're going through and you're putting all your stuff on the shelf. You don't seek to look underneath with your can to coke and your nephies and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: Just the till operator there's for stuff. You know, that's their job, isn't it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's right, so if they can't see it. I accidentally went out, got to the car and I thought, oh, well I why not? But I I I did go back and paid the show out.
Speaker 4: Of prison, okay, remembered and thank you very much, and it wasn't lost on me.
Speaker 2: Bad to the bomb. Nice play there, right, okay, Joe, give me nothing. Let me hang in there, Joanna, good morning.
Speaker 4: What are you doing? Within a cent?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: I've just got some poache gun down the wrong way?
Speaker 2: But you literally just poured a T shirt and sort of threw up in that baby bird into your T shirt?
Speaker 4: What's this that he didn't move away? You did it towards me. I'm addressing Melbourne. I can't have baby bird.
Speaker 5: In the shirt. I can see he just I'm leading away from the micro to me in the corner of one.
Speaker 4: Okay, anyway, Joanna, you're right? Are you okay? Do you know Heimlich?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Joanna, Joe, welcome to the show. So about that, and Joanna, what have you accidentally taken?
Speaker 9: I accidentally walked out with three or four towels from Kmart, and I realized as soon as I got to the car, so I walked back in and told the security guard there that, you know, I accidentally walked out with these and I didn't really want to buy them. It was just in my arms and I forgot and he refused to take them back and he said, no, you didn't, you would have taste for it. And I said no, I walked out and from the shop. They're these towels and they wouldn't take it back. He wouldn't take it back.
Speaker 4: Strange. Do you think he fancied you?
Speaker 9: I think it's because he goes no. I was here the whole time, and I said, yeah, I saw you. You were talking to someone. And I think it was more in a sense that perhaps he wasn't doing his job properly. Sure, Oh the facts that I don't like.
Speaker 4: So I all right, Johanna, thanks you, col mate, have a good day. Thank you, Daryl, good morning.
Speaker 8: Get out of head.
Speaker 4: Gun, dapple, what are you accidentally take?
Speaker 8: I walked out.
Speaker 16: I walked out of the good guys in in well, I won't say exactly where, but with an eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Camera, say, flat screen TV.
Speaker 15: Well, we bought a TV.
Speaker 16: Actually bring there to buy a TV and we saw a camera there and I got an inheritance and the wifely w what didn't you buy it? Because that's the whin you're looking for. So I did. And one of those shops we did in the back of the salesman processes your orders and whatnot, and said you go up the front and pay. So I had the camera under my arm with a couple of ends as it came with it. I sat him on the bench, gave him my name, gave him a credit card. The lady said, thank you very much. So what credit you punch a pin in beautiful walked out through the door. Of course the security guards there and what the arm's gone off because they hadn't scanned the camera and everything because I hadn't paid for it. As trut off, you go through, you go, you know we're going to be They had a look at the receipt they gave me when the machine spits yere and I looked at it. I said it's not enough money, and looked at the receipt and I paid for the turn brain. But they'd all wade be through with the camera.
Speaker 4: So what did you do?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 16: When we I take because you get a delivery doctor gry and the back to pick up the two, I said, oh, by the way, I haven't paid for this, and I went ah, and I all sort of crept themselves and quickly. So I've got a fifty dollar mature out of the book. So I wanted.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. Actually, well don't I all right? Dale, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 1: You to the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That's a Beth Walker in Seaford. It's her feel good song. Seaford hasn't yet full under our control. It was the one request today, so work to.
Speaker 4: Be done their team in the Seaford there, Okay, we've got a foothold. Yeah. Do you know what sometimes every weekend a lot of stuff you have to do. The weekend is just the boring admin of life.
Speaker 2: And last week it was my worst wife's birthday and one of the things she wanted me to get for her well was a whiteboard like a to do list that I would write. She would put tasks on there that I needed to do, like wo.
Speaker 5: Dis similar to the one Brad trying to make for us when he had the level spirit trying to rule up the line.
Speaker 2: Few hours the show making a Grid a growing mound, the World's ordered producer, Marconi's best mate.
Speaker 4: They made radio together. So now I've got this little.
Speaker 2: Kind of idiotic whiteboard now and my wife puts up tasks on there that I have to do, and okay, I come in last night a hard day grafting at the cold face of breakfast radio. Sure maybe i'd had a couple still getting over jet lag.
Speaker 4: From moving out.
Speaker 2: Here five months ago, so I was a little bit, you know, unsteady maybe, but that's the jet lag. It can just hit you in waves, okay, and the hay fever, that's it just remembered and the have as well. You put that together, so it's a little bit unsteady. And believe she used that time while I'm out at the cold face of breakfast radio keeping rock and roll alive in Melbourne. She's written on the underline it angry capitals, thime Master must be made exclamation mark underlie I didn't order it, you order it, you make it?
Speaker 4: Why have I got to make it?
Speaker 6: I can't believe that it's still in the box. When's the first time you brought that up on the show two months ago?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 3: Ages?
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't come here to be thrown under the bus the bus driver.
Speaker 3: You did such a good job with the hater Christian that she probably thought I try your luck at the thigh master.
Speaker 2: So this weekend thire Master must be made underline. Have you got any dull?
Speaker 5: Do you get a star next?
Speaker 2: Once wiped off, there'll be a brand new task. There is a light on the blink out the front that I haven't sort it out. I just keep kicking it, trying to break it so I don't have to fix it. But yeah, that is my This is that. That is my wild rock and roll weekend? Are you do anything dull this weekend? I tell you every weekend open my house with me.
Speaker 1: Come.
Speaker 13: You know what?
Speaker 4: If that was on the list, I'd go and do it.
Speaker 1: But I'm afraid thime Master must be made the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three about you.
Speaker 2: But when I am assembling flat pack or this weekend the Master, I have a very specific technique. It will involve me crying and swearing heavily at an inatimate object that thime Master I would just be. I've seen the photo on the box as well of a lady with her it's been stretched and it's got a lot of moving parts and pulleys and stuff that looks really complicated.
Speaker 5: So do you have to send the girls out of the house when you build something?
Speaker 4: Serah will take them away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they don't need to hear that industrial Dad's got Tourett's get out the house, in fact, leave the state.
Speaker 4: Okay is there not?
Speaker 2: Why isn't there some kind of an apprichen or to someone to come round and do it?
Speaker 5: No, there is who will do it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: This is great? Who will do this?
Speaker 5: They got the air tasker, high pages as a few things like that horror hobby where.
Speaker 4: You get started something else. So I'm not doing that one of them.
Speaker 2: Dad, it's a strange guy. I had to hire a harby. Your mum, it's not very satisfied. Has something to do with that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show All Request Friday Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: I need a name? Who do you answer to? Patrina Jones?
Speaker 3: You, mister Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 4: Now, in terms of the proper demarcation, who.
Speaker 5: Is the line?
Speaker 4: Cool? Okay?
Speaker 3: Why what have I done now?
Speaker 2: So seven fifty three am this morning, we're live on air to Alboum. Yeah yeah, and you know what you know it's a it's a battleground the most competitive marketplace in the world. Jack, you're live at Facebook right now.
Speaker 5: This makes me sound like the snitch, but you.
Speaker 4: Are the snitch, and you told me, oh you're on what you buggers.
Speaker 6: At seven fifty three am to post a photo of facetiming her husband and her daughter to Facebook.
Speaker 3: I'm not there in the morning to see her go to school.
Speaker 4: That's the world. That's right, you're at work seven fifty three am. You're on Facebook. What's the screenshot of It's christoph Lammy.
Speaker 6: Pie, Chris, Chris and Audrey facetiming with Pat in the studio.
Speaker 2: So it's not as a post. She's been facetiming whilst we're doing the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's all about social media, Christian.
Speaker 4: To your husband and your daughter.
Speaker 2: Okay, deal with it at ten at am. Soon I'll see you at ten am. I have a problem, all right then? Okay, so we're back to the Hour of Power. Another hour music picked by you. Also in ten minutes time, we got the best of did you just pray to her?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 5: It makes me sell like a snitch.
Speaker 3: And he stood me up. A waker guy.
Speaker 6: I'm doing the universal sign for sorry, which you don't mean that I do.
Speaker 4: You do not throw any of us under that bass. He would all right, come up in ten minutes time the best of Jack Post. Did he really say that?
Speaker 2: Sam Stu has compiled another classic Top ten countdown kick off this out then with this Prince.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You're in charge of the music, okay, so you know, you pick whatever song you want, all of it. I beg of you is never asked that again. That is one of the dullest songs recorded. Kiss Kiss Morose on Smooth it's my braso. Here you're listening to Smooth and Kiss Morose by Seal. Also listen to this. Who requested it? Requested by Jack and Nige Chippy. He's working on a site together a what not as that they continue, it's a rip snorter of a song, and this is a typo in a rip snorer of a song. But I have the fact they're too Chippyes youah, they're on site looking over each other.
Speaker 4: He's burned our song back to you, Nige, bad to you, Jack.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, then there's time for this once a week on the show We bow down to the wisest man on breakfast radio, and that is Jack Post.
Speaker 4: There is a young.
Speaker 2: Child who makes a note of everything wise that Jack Post says. During the week he listens to our podcast in England's sixteen year old child called Samsta and he writes it Every week Paus's podcast writes it down to record it for future historians, and then we cut.
Speaker 4: It down in top ten. Here it is this week the best of Jackpost. Did he really say that? At ten, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Isn't that how they make Panda's mate at the zoo? The zookeeper goes in with a panda costume and I guess it acts Sexy confirm today. At nine, because she wasn't bringing out any surprise gifts, I suddenly said, is there anything for me to open?
Speaker 4: Poor Jack? At eight? No, no, no, press send press send? Is that amount? When we were on Whippies, which.
Speaker 5: I noticed he hasn't changed his profile picture from whip He loves.
Speaker 4: Fast girl because he does.
Speaker 2: At seven, I learned that Bream is a fish, So now I have that know and knowledge I can find that funny. At six, I don't want to answer you in case it's a trap. That's yesterday's show. At five, a tear drop under the eye? Doesn't that mean that clowns killed somebody in prison?
Speaker 5: There is something true, some truth to that.
Speaker 4: At four, when is a nun dangerous? At three? Deborah?
Speaker 2: Are you the owner or the pets? This is to call in Deborah. Yes on the radio, Deebra, are you the owner or the pets?
Speaker 4: I too, I've got that too.
Speaker 2: I've got some form of color blindness, but I don't see black and white everywhere.
Speaker 5: That's true, I can see colors.
Speaker 2: One this week the best of Jack Most Did he really say that? Is crayfish of fish?
Speaker 5: Did anyone searshut up?
Speaker 2: Kid?
Speaker 4: All right? World done?
Speaker 1: Jack, World Done, Samsta The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You've been telling me about air Tasker because I've now worked out I can farm out this hideous job that my wife expects me to do this weekend of building this time Master contraption, something she's ordered from on of those TV adverts.
Speaker 4: So what do you do you put on there? Can someone come and make this for me? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You you put a price up and say, hey, I got this thie Master built one hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Say no, I don't know. One hundred bucks seems a bit much, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: How many hours is it going to take you?
Speaker 4: Just what six hours to build a five from scratch?
Speaker 5: A Yeah, when you were complaining about it, you said it would take that long.
Speaker 2: But that's at my rate. It's not my skill set. I don't know what My skill set is. Telling the time out loud and pressing play here.
Speaker 4: That's it. I can't do anything else.
Speaker 5: But then I think people come on and they say, hey, I see you one hundred bucks, I can do it for eighty.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's where it gets sounds like there's a lot of this.
Speaker 4: Hey hey I need this.
Speaker 5: They go, hey, well, how much were you thinking of putting it up?
Speaker 4: Or twenty five bucks?
Speaker 3: You know, someone out not someone driving you?
Speaker 4: How do that? Well? How do you know it won't be a bass? Sadder? Jane Crawford lives on the corner.
Speaker 1: He might.
Speaker 4: He's it down on his luck right now. I've no doubt. So Crawft can come around and do it. I'll chuck him twenty bucks. I'm helping a guy out here, Okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Whatever you up to this weekend, have a top weekend. We need you to do one thing. Support the bands in One Last Dream, Go and watch them, see the songs.
Speaker 4: Let me know who you like.
Speaker 2: We were meant to announce a big decision today, can't. They're too good. We're not gonna rush it. We're gonna take the weekend. We have to announce it Monday because the gig is a week Sunday. Talk about One Last Dream, see the man from last night, their performances. Check them out online Facebook, OC one O four three.
Speaker 6: I have just quickly before we got a question from Patrina Jones physically good the other day when we were finishing the show. You're doing a quiz online about which eighties song you were and I never found out watch eighties?
Speaker 4: So was this turn the news again?
Speaker 3: Cyndi Lauper?
Speaker 5: Which song?
Speaker 3: Girls just want to have fun?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Great glad we got that one.
Speaker 2: So I'm just now really upset we haven't got that great content for Monday morning, all right, tallor today's show is bad to the barn. We are back Monday morning. Whether you like it or not.
Speaker 4: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three