Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi, HELLI welcome to the Pickup. Oh, thanks to Chemists ware House, great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Head on end.
Speaker 1: Guess who's in town?
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, just caught up with them for coffee. Barack and Michelle Obama a friend.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ex President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are here. We actually put in a request to get them on the show. And I know you were wondering.
Speaker 4: I've been waiting with baited breath to see if I'm coming into the studio.
Speaker 1: Hush him there in today.
Speaker 2: I guess you've got a reply.
Speaker 4: Wait, as in, you actually got a reply from Barack Obama in the.
Speaker 2: DM Yes, no, no, an email. This is true.
Speaker 3: I got an email the United States Presidential Office and I got this reply.
Speaker 2: Back this morning. I'm sure it's gonna be promising high team pickup. Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the delay.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, at this stage, the President will not be joining the Pickup while.
Speaker 2: He is here in the country. I did, but I got a reply that's halfway there. Do you know what's funny?
Speaker 1: It's better than me. I Laura always gives me a hard time. On our podcast, Life Uncut Podcast. I'm always reaching out to the guest to get them on, and Laura gives me the hardest time about the people I reached out.
Speaker 2: To because she's like, as if you're ever going to get that.
Speaker 1: Person, because I actually have been trying to get Michelle Obama for a long time.
Speaker 4: I don't give you a hard time for the I give you a hard time because you slid into Michelle Obama's DMS.
Speaker 2: That's what I demand. You give me a hard time.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that there's like a formal channel to go through, like maybe through their pr assistant or whoever takes care of them.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm with you, Laura, it's always unrealistic. She goes, guys, I've just Flatimi putin. I think I've got him for three PM.
Speaker 4: But everyone you've always laughed at, I've got most of them.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Someone we do have on the show today, jess.
Speaker 4: That's better than Barack Obama.
Speaker 2: Who wants Barak Obama?
Speaker 4: And you can have Jessica Malboy.
Speaker 1: Just in case he's listening. I would still luck Brackababa he might be listening.
Speaker 3: We can have both guys, maybe Baraque, but definitely Jess Malboy.
Speaker 2: She's joining us on the show. She's got new music and she's actually coming into the studio. Very very exciting. That's next pick up around the country. It's kiss. It's the pickup around the country.
Speaker 3: Britt, Laura and Mitch Hey get ahead of the spread this flu season with annual flu vaccinations available at Chemist Warehouse only nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: There was truly the most brutal breakup last night on Maths, and it was between Lyndall and Cam. Now, Cam is he's from Darwin. He's the guy who loves fishing and going getting lost in the bush. For so much of this experiment, she was kind of she was just like wanting him to love her, and he was like, oh, I'm not there yet. I'm not there yet. Clearly was never going to get there.
Speaker 2: His mine was still in the bush.
Speaker 4: But last night Linda really stuck it to him.
Speaker 6: I realized that there was never anything I could do to be the partner you wanted because you simply don't want one. This entire relationship has been on your terms and yours alone, Like a movement has been taken for Branner. If there is one good thing that this has given me. It's resilience. I have now been given a miracle, a fresh start, a new version of my life that is completely unburdened and unlimited. I won't spend another moment of that life restricted, not by my condition, not by my body, not by fear, and certainly not by you. Before you start, yeah, I just feel like, no matter what you say, today's and they're going to disappoint me. Then I think I've just done.
Speaker 5: Hi, you gave me a car, I'm out of it.
Speaker 2: High boom.
Speaker 4: And then Cam threw his vows on the ground and walk right out of their very dramatic Oh it was, but you know what we have Lindall right here on the phone, Lindall, welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 6: Bye, hey guys, Halloe.
Speaker 4: How are you feeling after watching that all go down last night?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I mean I feel mostly relieved, actually, like it's been such a hard slog rewatching it all and then to finally be like, now there's is that's that's me, Like that's what I deserve.
Speaker 4: It was really like such a powerful speech. But did you ever after Cam had thrown his vows on the ground, did you take a moment where you were like, God, I really want to read them.
Speaker 6: There was so much going through my head at the time. It wasn't until I'd walked off that I was like, oh, maybe I should have picked them up.
Speaker 3: Cam was on the Kyle and Jackie Oh Show. They asked him to recite the vowels, and he recited the vows so we thought, we'll play them for you when we'll get your actual takes, so you can actually hear what he would have said if he didn't get any highlights and go straight to BCF.
Speaker 5: Throughout this experiment, amongst all the good times we'll share the Boss, I had my first share of concerns about the future. We have completely different lifestyle and being together would mean one of us would have to change our life completely. Another major concern is the way we handle our conflict. You can say I can't sit down and talk through tough times, that you never asked the question because you were too scared of the answer. I feel like you like to air our daddy laundry in a public environment, which really pushes my buttons. Throughout this experiment, you have needed more affection, free assurance and emotion from me. I've taken the time to reflect the lot. I haven't been able to give you these things. I think these things flow naturally when you're falling in love, which.
Speaker 1: I'm how do you feel hearing that?
Speaker 6: I don't know, pretty unsurprised, actually, I think Cam has a very set way of how he thinks everything should go and how he thinks that I should have behaved. But like, I also know that, like it just continued to be hypocritical. It was like you never asked the question. I'm like, well, when I did ask questions, you would get mad and storm out. So what do you want me to do? How do I win that? How do I get that conversation going? Then if you're going to constantly leave and then never readdress it with me, it's also not my job to ask you how you're feeling all the time, like a lot more than welcome to come to me. And then I think as well bearing dirty laundry, like did this guy not realize we were recording and get to be on national team? It's like, well, did.
Speaker 4: You feel like he led you on throughout the process? Because I think it was only really right there at the end that he actually started to be honest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I definitely felt led on and I felt like extremely confused because we were really good and we did have a very good connection, a very strong connection, and got along, I don't know, better than I was expecting to get along with whoever. I was mad fit. But yeah, it wasn't until those last few weeks that he started saying things like it'll never work, and like every conversation we've had before that was that we were going to work and he was going to travel to WA and like work his way down the coast.
Speaker 3: Gaslighting. Yeah, that's what it sounds like. He was gaslighting you the whole time, only to drop the vows at the end and walk out what I think.
Speaker 2: But that's my question.
Speaker 1: Do you think he was gaslighting you the whole time?
Speaker 6: I don't think it was the whole time. I think that first like that, especially that first month was absolutely incredible, and like even the challenges and the task that we got from the experts. I remember doing an active listening one where I was trying to get him to talk about maybe why he was struggling with talking or struggling with showing that affection or showing that emotion, and he did really, really well, He really tried, and I was like jumping up and down on the couch, saying how proud I was of him, Like, it's hard because there was so much good that just that didn't get shown, but also like it was really I don't know to have that change was I was completely unaware of how to fix it.
Speaker 4: We heard that you've already filmed the reunion episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 6: It was very interesting because I think after everything that happened at final about it was like all the respectors went out the door. So, yeah, we hadn't spoken at all, and then going into reunion there were quite a few like little rumors and things swirling around that upset me quite a bit. It's hard as well, because I genuinely don't like tearing other people down, especially not in a public setting, and so it was really hard for me to approach those issues in a setting where I was emotional and I knew that everybody was there and like, yeah, so it was really quite tough to see him again.
Speaker 3: Hashtag team Wendell. There she is from married at first sight. It's Lindall. I can't wait for that reunion, that's for sure, all right, next everyone, she's an Aussie superstar. Yeah, Jesse's here our new music out from Jess. A lot going on in her life.
Speaker 4: You know, she's married now, she's straight sweetheart Jessica moun.
Speaker 3: Boy, she is, and we're blessed to have her on the show after this a kiss all right. It's the pick up around Australia with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day. You guys want to hear any worm? Oh you want to hear one of the best songs of the summer, best songs of the year.
Speaker 2: It's new music from jess Melboy.
Speaker 7: She's right there, right now, right now, right here, right here, right now.
Speaker 4: I am righty hey.
Speaker 2: First of all, thank you for.
Speaker 8: Playing the song.
Speaker 2: We should have even played it. We can just have it lives.
Speaker 4: I mean, apart from being literally right here, right now, what was the inspiration behind it?
Speaker 8: Many many things, particularly about being completely confident in the skin of yourself. I think I've been writing lots of ballads and lots of like deep stories for the record. I have a record coming out, and I yeah, I was just in the mood to write something that was a little bit more upbeat, had a bit of a you know, skip skip in the skip and the feet, you know, like fingers point to the sky and grooving. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: You do talk about this accepting who you are at the stage of your life. What has that been like for you that journey. Have you always been a really confident person and this is how I am? Or has that been a bit of a battle to get to where you want it has been?
Speaker 8: I think there's been a lot of things that I've kind of come into effect in the way that I've kind of grown, and all of those things have allowed me to really review on why I am the way that I am and why I love music so much and know that there's so many others that are feeling the same with a different, unique story. But yeah, it was mainly about the color of my again, growing up, you know, in a small community and seeing you know, I guess domestic violence and I guess culturally that kind of being hushed or not really talked about and having no space to be able to release that.
Speaker 4: When do you think that changed for you? When do you think that you found this confidence? Because I mean some people never find it, and I.
Speaker 2: Think for a lot I'm still looking sometimes behind the couch.
Speaker 4: I think so many people looking at you would have think, well, you've always been confident, You've always like been this almost like superpower. But when was it for you that you felt like, Okay, I've really come into this.
Speaker 8: That's a hard one because they came in different stages. I remember being eleven years old, and that's when I first stepped out onto a country music scene stage. Very much older generation who were playing on stage, you know, in their thirties with the guitar, had music to back them up. That was one of the first moments I was like, Nah, I got this. I've got a CD. I'm gonna, you know, play backing track. I know the lyrics, I know what I'm I kind of know what I'm singing. I'm like singing my Harvell go on vy Celindon. And I ended up winning. I ended up winning that competition that year, wow, got two trophies and walked away with five hundred dollars. And I just had in my bones. I just knew that I had the fire in me and it was just Yeah, the surroundings in the environment was was supported.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, a.
Speaker 1: Pretty big deal. You've performed for some pretty big people. We've got Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, Barack Obama, ex President.
Speaker 2: We just saw the Baracs.
Speaker 1: Actually here has he called?
Speaker 2: He's like, can you come back and perform for me?
Speaker 8: I'm here.
Speaker 2: Not so much.
Speaker 8: He's very formal. It's always through the team like it's never kind of through social media or anything like that. They think is a different generation where yeah, it comes.
Speaker 3: Through right here, right now, is out now Jess, my boy, amazing to have you on the pick up. All right, we're back after this at Kiss It's the pickup. Welcome everyone a Tuesday afternoon Britt Laura and Mit John Kiss f fam get ahead of the spread this flu season.
Speaker 2: Just go do it.
Speaker 3: Annual flu vaccinations available at Chemists Warehouse only nineteen ninety nine. Guys, I saw something on my Instagram feed and I need some help unpacking this Instagram post that was put up by Martha Kalamata Martha from.
Speaker 4: Mad marther from MAVs Beautiful Baby, Her.
Speaker 3: And a partner Michael correct and everyone loves those two they are I think they have excelled past their season. They're now known as one of Australia's most beloved couples. And this was posted to Martha's Instagram account last week. Have a listened to this.
Speaker 2: It's not once constant. It's got to be like sucking.
Speaker 7: Than that.
Speaker 2: How does the baby do it?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You got me this. I've got no strength in my suck.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I can feel it empty.
Speaker 2: You've got a free three.
Speaker 1: I think we've done it.
Speaker 2: You've got to give us some context before you play something. That's a very good call. That's her boob.
Speaker 3: She's got a blocked milk duck in her boob because she's currently breastfeeding, and her partner got down on the couch and.
Speaker 2: Sucked it out.
Speaker 4: What he's doing, God's work. She's got mustatis the poor thing that is that is possibly the most painful. I've only had it once. It is horrible. It is a horrible thing to experience.
Speaker 2: Mustadas Well, this is why I.
Speaker 3: Bring it to you, because is this a normal thing that you and your boyfriend Ben do Britain on Maddie J do you guys.
Speaker 2: Do not breastfeeding?
Speaker 1: But I guess we could be practicing.
Speaker 2: A little bit of going on. That's too much thought.
Speaker 3: Let's just go straight to the source. The man who would do the sucking if ever is Maddie Jane. He joined some on line now, no, welcome to the pickup Maddie La husband, Hello, you.
Speaker 4: Don't have to join this conversation.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not, he called.
Speaker 3: He actually sent me the post. He said, have you seen this on Instagram? It's good to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, but she has a blocked milk duck. She needs to have it expressed out. You can use like a pump, but you know, one of the best ways to unblock it is to get someone to suck it out. I mean, the baby's not hungry. Who's going to do it?
Speaker 1: We wanted to ask, have you ever tried Laura's breast milk?
Speaker 7: I remember, like it was yesterday with a Tuesday afternoon and the kids were in daycare. Marley actually at the time, was in daycare and Laura was sitting there. Plump said, Laura, why are.
Speaker 4: You being so weird?
Speaker 7: Why you just said yourself, it's a beautiful thing. It's natural, it's great. Everyone should do it. I had to try you only you were like you're like rationing your milk to me, like you were afraid that I was going to take it all off. Marley, you gave me like a drop and a half. I wanted more to give.
Speaker 2: It, so I try it.
Speaker 3: What was the delivery method? Did did you sit underneath the teeth or did she pump it into a bottle?
Speaker 4: I do remember this now.
Speaker 7: No, she was really conservative. It was you know. I I was ready to do it the old fashioned way where I just latch on. She went to the kitchen and gave it a little squirt into a cup. But one thing that really amazed me was just how much power is able to be given to the breast milk as it leaves the boob. Lord, you remember you were in the bath one time, Marley was. I was brushing my teeth and I was maybe I'm going to say it was a solid meter and a half, possibly pushing two meters away from you, and you said, I reckon. I could hit you from here, and you from laying down. You shot your boob two meters across a bathroom. Gused me in breast milk.
Speaker 1: It was one of the most Oh it was not This is not four play.
Speaker 4: It's just the stuff the couples do to each other when they're weird.
Speaker 7: If I'm going to drink it, to give me a drop.
Speaker 1: But then quarantine the recony.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Maddie, j straight to the sauce.
Speaker 4: So I cannot wait for the Daily Mail articles that are going to come out about that.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you let him latch on naturally?
Speaker 2: Just because that's weird.
Speaker 4: It's for the baby, It's like a real connecting thing, and I didn't really want to.
Speaker 2: Nurse my husband for the baby.
Speaker 1: It's for the man.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get out of here. On that note, Will, what are youre up next? To drive you home?
Speaker 5: In?
Speaker 3: Today's the day we find out which of the boys, Will or Woody is going into the I'm a celebrity jungle.
Speaker 4: I reckon, I reckon, it's Will. I'm putting my bets on Will.
Speaker 3: I'll go wood They're standing by and they'll reveal it next. We'll see you tomorrow from three ye