Speaker 1: A small show, the smallsy show.
Speaker 2: You've all come to Master Chef with a dream, with a dream.
Speaker 3: It's your chance to be the new superstar.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome.
Speaker 3: I have Ryan.
Speaker 4: My name's Andy Allen, and I am one of the judges on Master Chef. And there is some epic smells, some epic energy on.
Speaker 2: The show this afternoon.
Speaker 1: The grand finale of Master Chef is happening this Sunday night on Channel ten.
Speaker 2: Andy Allen, welcome to the ship.
Speaker 3: Thank you, small y.
Speaker 1: I'm disappointed you're not in your chef white, so I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: I thought you could have. Just you know, I should dress up for the occasion.
Speaker 3: Dressed up you next time, for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of all of your work.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now for what people may not know, you have got a sandwich. The word sandwich is dismissive because it's it doesn't sell it properly. You have opened an establishment in Sydney that does well.
Speaker 2: It's famous for is it Flora? Which is that where the original.
Speaker 3: Originally in Florence in nine to ninety one.
Speaker 4: The place is called Island Tico Veneo Beautiful Tuscan flat bread sandwiches. Yes, they are about the size of a four piece of paper.
Speaker 3: Oh and they are absolutely bloody delicious. Have you have one?
Speaker 2: Look? I have had one in Florence.
Speaker 1: Yes, not yours yet because also too, I want to be there, but not while the lines are there, because the lines are pretty outrageous at the moment.
Speaker 3: She's been pretty hectic. It does move faster. We're only making sandwiches, so it does move pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to talk about master ship in a second. But what is the key to a good sandwich?
Speaker 3: The bread? The bread, especially the tusk and flat bread.
Speaker 4: The sketchy arta that we're doing is like it's not like full blooded for cut sharp.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit thinner, but a really crispy top.
Speaker 4: You know, when you're eating some for Carston sandwiches and by halfway you feel like you gotta have an app.
Speaker 1: No, because the bread is so bready exactly, you're just not ready bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very thin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then the quality ingredients too, like some of the some of the salamis and spreads that we're putting inside them, Like the ingredients are next level good, but you had those two things together, you can't go wrong.
Speaker 2: Where do you stand on Devon on a sandwich? Just heaven?
Speaker 4: Well, there's a few Mortidella sandwiches, can we Yes? Yeah, Mortar Dela is just fancy Devon, isn't it?
Speaker 2: You know what? This is the thing? Right?
Speaker 1: People come at me sometimes and go, I want Mortadella on a sandwich, and I'm like, excuse, would you put Devon on a sandwich? Because if the answer is no, then I don't. Just because it's got an Italian name doesn't make it any less.
Speaker 2: Devinie right, Yeah, mate, I grew.
Speaker 4: Up on Devon and tomatoes, saw sandwiches on a bit of white breads.
Speaker 2: You can relate now, Okay.
Speaker 1: So now that we've got that out of the way, Devon's okay for a sandwhich is no shame if anyone feeds their kid that this weekend. Yeah, Master Chef the Grand Manale Sunday, What a season. I'm always so inspired by these people who are just like at home chefs and just can whip out some absolutely extraordinary meal.
Speaker 4: I'm inspired every time I walk into that kitchen. I learned something new, especially like from.
Speaker 3: The cultural cooks as well.
Speaker 4: I think it was such a beautiful part of my job. You know, I grew up in a country town. You know, we had a local Chinese. My parents took me to Sizzler for my twenty first birthday.
Speaker 1: Hey, and you know I was a late bloom, No Sizzler and that cheesy bread institution.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, exactly. I don't want you talking down, yeah yeah about.
Speaker 4: The I'm not talking about down twenty first birthday.
Speaker 3: I just I just feel I've come a long way since then.
Speaker 2: Your paler has matured, I believe.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly, And so for me, like seeing a lot of the cultural cooks come in and cook dishes that have been like passed down from generation generation and more about the story of like why they do things that way. It's a really beautiful part of my job to hear those stories, to hear the why, and it's to obviously taste how how bloody delicious.
Speaker 1: It is totally heye confession for you, my master chef. Now, I don't normally tell people this. I cried, I cried in this chip comes on and tell stories about a Nona's lemon tree.
Speaker 2: I was a mess.
Speaker 3: So you know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna there's gonna be tears on Sunday night.
Speaker 4: There'll be tears because it's unfortunately there's a winner and there is a loser, and so much happens in the lead up to that, Like it is, it's an insane grand finale.
Speaker 2: Back to me crying, Yes, you you want to go back there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You ever cried eating the meal? It was so good, like it brought a tear to your eye.
Speaker 4: I have, I have and more because like this story attached to the food, Like I feel like that's when it really really gets me.
Speaker 1: Do when you go out and have dinner at a restaurant and people see you walk in, do you think they ship themselves?
Speaker 4: Like I do not want to sound like a wine cup, but like I don't think they shit themselves.
Speaker 3: They just they know I'm.
Speaker 1: There because you know, not like your Gordon Ramsey. But it could be it could be like, oh no, is this a hidden camera? Is he about to do a new show and just totally rinse me?
Speaker 4: And then I tell them that I devon and tomato sauce sandwiches and their.
Speaker 1: Boody's totally fine. Fine, Hey, Master Chef Sunday seven on ten. You can watch in stream it for free I'm excited to see who wins, but I'm more excited for you to do one last plug of your sandwich shop if people haven't been to it.
Speaker 4: It is called Island Tick fifty Pits Street in Sydney.
Speaker 1: And what is your if they the menu is and I won't. It's in Italian right.
Speaker 4: So it's my absolute go to Pecorino cream, artichoke cream, fenal salami, spicy egg plant catcher.
Speaker 2: Oh and then you have a place in Borrowdoo too. Yeah, what's that called?
Speaker 3: Three Blue arcs in Burrowdo. It's an amazing, amazing operation, six hundred acre farm.
Speaker 4: We work with the farmers to not only grow veggies and fruits but also raised cattle, lambs, laying hens, chickens.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's like you know, paddock to plate, farm to table like that gets thrown around.
Speaker 3: This is proper legit.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it. Wonderful to see you mate, Thanks for being on the show, Smallsy.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you mate.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Don't miss a moment of the Smallsy Show.
Speaker 4: Download the free iHeart app now sounds better on iHeart Yes.
Speaker 2: Head to Chemist Warehouse and save more money every
Speaker 1: Year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store, every day