Speaker 1: Always sunny, Always sunny.
Speaker 2: A flex in Frooms live show recording brought to you by Kita and Specsavers.
Speaker 1: We asked the big questions.
Speaker 3: It's the biggest one to date, controversial but needs a definitive answer from everyone in the room.
Speaker 1: Do not lie, It's not worth it.
Speaker 3: The question is would you rather be described as hot, pretty, or beautiful?
Speaker 1: And caveat?
Speaker 3: Is there a hierarchy between those three? Is one perhaps derogatory, is one, perhaps preferred.
Speaker 1: Let's start with you for me, hot, pretty, beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll start off by saying no, I'm going to throw it to the audience really quickly.
Speaker 1: Ah nice, a politician, go on. You know, there was a moment there.
Speaker 2: I think I was in a bit of an excited period where I honestly considered running for politics, or I was just like conceptualizing how that would happen.
Speaker 1: In a few years. There's still time.
Speaker 2: I think I've done too much in my life, too much naughty things. Snap, put your paddle up if you'd like to be pretty.
Speaker 3: Or betty, yet, put your paddle up if you want to be referred to as exclusively pretty. You could be all three, but just pretty. Paddles are all right, hot, what you like pretty? That's like thirty percent of the crowd wants to be hot and beauty. I think that's smart. It's like another Do you know what this reminds me of a couple months ago? I asked the question, would you rather be nice? Kind or good?
Speaker 1: One of the people you're kind of like?
Speaker 3: I was comparing three terrifying things because realistically all of them are going to land really really well.
Speaker 1: Answer nice, No, hot, pretty, hot, pretty, beautiful.
Speaker 2: Well, I am the thing that I think is the equivalent of nice in this scale. I want to be exclusively pretty.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: Good? Let her land, let her land, thank you? Pad with you the man wearing a towel on his head. No, okay, okay, give it a second.
Speaker 2: Okay my reasoning, I would like to be pretty because I feel like hot is considered something you can lose, oh gain and lose according to very arbitrary stand Yep. Yeah, this is why settler her Land. Beautiful is too much pressure. Beautiful is like you're so engaging that everything else you do is secondary, whereas.
Speaker 1: This is I'm giving the good vibes. Pretty. Uh huh? Pretty is everything I want to be.
Speaker 2: It's approachable, it's timeless. I think you can be a pretty grandma. Yeah, and it's just you can be pretty from the age of it.
Speaker 1: You can be a pretty baby, you can be a pretty mamma. You can be a pretty guilt. To me, pretty sounds like a fact.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty couch, that's a pretty sky, that's a pretty cars, that's a pretty boat, that's a pretty boat. Pretty sounds factual to me. Beautiful sounds like an over compensation. You tell me someone's beautiful.
Speaker 1: I'm looking.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I know, I know, I'm trying to find it hot, like you said, has an expiry day, And I think it's too subjective to.
Speaker 1: Be valid every time. Now that we have explained our rationale, yeah, and we're not right, it's just what we think.
Speaker 2: I mean, who now would consider being pretty?
Speaker 1: Are you pity pity paddles? Pity paddles?
Speaker 3: If someone like come towards get on the mic and explain how they see the difference between the three, because I feel like it would differ based on gender, but also lived experience. Let's get this gentleman with the yes peroxide blonde hair, yes certified, pretty, certified hot, first period correct yourself.
Speaker 1: I will be corrected.
Speaker 5: No, I feel like, okay, look beautiful is like, you know, beautiful, stunning, gorgeous. It's it's it's it's kind of like putting people down a little bit, you know, like, oh they're beautiful, like oh sweetie, honey like it. It's like a cop out compliment pretty look. I sem me agree with you guys, but in terms of embodying pretty beyond just like your looks, like you know, your work, what you do, what you create, what you put into your food, Like that's not I don't want to hear pretty as a compliment for that. I want everything to be hot in my life, like that's the vibes, my work, hot, outfit hot, my face hot. That's my two cents.
Speaker 1: I love that I first had something to say. What's your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Snay. Welcome Sannay, thank you for having me. I am going to go with beautiful because to me, as I grew up, you know, I see my nieces and nephews, I see my little cousin's beautiful, I see my elders beautiful, and I see my equals beautiful. And so to me, beautiful is timeless because it doesn't just come from the outside. It's the inside of their beauty. And yeah, I just for me, I'd rather be beautiful than hot. You know, like you said, hot has an expiry day. You know, we all look hot, but we can also look cute on the same day. So it's on that same vibe of To me, beauty is timeless and everyone is beautiful in their own unique ways and it doesn't have a limit or an age expiry date.
Speaker 2: That's on that, that's on that eloquence, very eloquent.
Speaker 1: You nailed that.
Speaker 2: Now I can't agree with you. Beauty is within the eye of the beholder.
Speaker 1: Flex on a technicality, ever heard you actually missed?
Speaker 2: Previously we had a big fat chat about beauty standards, which I think we'll go into later, but we had hot takes about that as well.
Speaker 1: I think we might, but we might not.
Speaker 2: It's okay, better to be hot with no thoughts. Cat Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms. You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast recorded live at The Island in Sydney. For more Flex and Frooms, Tunents and Cato on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.