Speaker 1: Christ To O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: One of the things we're going to talking about was off the back of the story Patsy told us yesterday an incredible story about being left behind.
Speaker 1: Pahtpsy. People didn't hear it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Just remind us what Chris and already did to your Saturday morning when you all meant to go into her swimming well.
Speaker 1: I was getting ready to go to swimming and they left without me without telling me.
Speaker 3: I was still, you're a mid shower, Yeah I was.
Speaker 1: And you heard them just driving off and it came out there was crickets in the house.
Speaker 2: If that was me, I'm like, I see it as a gift to be left behind, not to go and sit at the side of the poor in the heat.
Speaker 1: Patsy then gets off in hot pursuits.
Speaker 2: She got in her little bubble carm went off in the Flintstone mobile and chased after them.
Speaker 1: Jackie, you ever been left behind?
Speaker 3: I got left behind at Flemington Race Course as a kid. We go to Derby Day every year. The whole extended family, counties and uncles and everyone. And I guess why the adults were busy betting.
Speaker 1: I went off to betting drinking. I went off to chase seagulls and is that like an event? Then? You know, I've been out a couple of times too, oak stay.
Speaker 2: I never seen as part of the stuff, you know.
Speaker 3: All I remember is chasing the seagulls for a bit, and then when I was finished with that, turning back around and everybody was gone. Auntie, his uncles, the picnic rugs, the pop upon a count, Mom and dad.
Speaker 1: She at least to a head count. Where's that tool kid?
Speaker 3: I was six years old.
Speaker 1: It's still one of their kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, but they had I mean, they had my brother, I guess, but I guess they care for one kid.
Speaker 1: I think they thought we've got one of them. The other one is he is he chased the seagulls.
Speaker 3: I think they thought I was with my auntie and uncle someone further up, becau. You've got to walk quite a long way to get back to the car park, so it took them a long time before they realized I wasn't there. So I was wandering around until a nice lady said you last, and then had to get the police.
Speaker 1: Over a while.
Speaker 3: And then I went and sat in the little police station at the race course. I remember they asked me if I wanted ice cream. I was too scared, so yes, even though I did like your little paper really scary. Yeah, I still remember, and I still remember that my mum in tears coming to the door of the police.
Speaker 1: She would have been horrify Wow. All right, then did you get left behind? Robert? Thanks for calling the show. And you got left behind? What happened?
Speaker 4: I went out fishing with my dad and my sister, and when we finished fishing, I was skiing back to the caravan park where we were staying, and I fell off, and my dad and the sister didn't realize i'd fallen off. I was eight years old at the time.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, skin? You mean water, skiing water? You only got one job. Just look for the person behind you, I mean having a chat there.
Speaker 4: It was my younger sister, and I think my dad was teaching her to drive the boat.
Speaker 1: I want a lesson. That must have been never left behind. You. You know it's up to them to hang on to that thing at the boat.
Speaker 2: Really, you know, just eyes forward, eyes forward, stop looking back for your brother.
Speaker 4: I I was swimming back for probably fifteen to twenty minutes before mine.
Speaker 1: Tell me you exaggerating for this story. Literally you're a swimming back and the water coming in going down. It was a different time, wasn't it. Robert. That's a great call mate. Very good. Judy. Sounds like he's out on a week right now.
Speaker 5: And I actually got left behind when I was in labor. I went into labor at some ungodly hour and my husband at the time dived out of bed, through all the cases in the car and drove off. No.
Speaker 2: Come on, the single mostion born person with a mini person coming imminently is you and the barb?
Speaker 1: What's he just got the cases? Is there anything else out in my checklist?
Speaker 5: Well, luckily enough, he only got to the industry until he looked in the revision were spotted.
Speaker 1: The lack of noise and someone going, it's a person coming. I'm making great time on this birthday. Quiet, Judy is so quiet in advanced labor.
Speaker 5: Well, well, I actually was advanced labor, so it was a bit of a worry.
Speaker 1: Incredible, Judy, that's his unble. And I bet this story gets brought up a lot. Yeah, yes, it's good. Well Judy, well done, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Okay, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Now I did one of those. My mum does that? Okay, bye bye, bye bye Christian, Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast