Speaker 1: Good morning to Protuca Kainan, who last night was at the Matilda's ten nil absolute Shalakin of poor Yuzbekistan. Just hearing the players go yeah, I said to Tony, don't take me off un so I've got.
Speaker 2: At least five very gracious in defeat there.
Speaker 1: One the headlines I saw was Matilda's massacre as Becca stars.
Speaker 2: Has a little bit aggredible. I really just got the women's game there.
Speaker 1: It's been a big deal for Rezbecka Stan to actually allow women to play soccer like that. But it must have been an amazing scenes. So my daughter Ruby was there last night, so it was like the Taylor Swift gig. I was like, come on, what was it that boot Maka Come in and tell us what it was like, Come in, come in.
Speaker 2: I know she went to Rebel Sport yesterday at the lined up to get a.
Speaker 3: Top I did. I did.
Speaker 1: Good morning to Caita and you were you were amazing last year when we all sort of followed the Matilda's It's an incredible run yesterday. What was it like to see them here in Melbourne last night?
Speaker 3: It was amazing. So I was lucky enough to go and see them at the World Cup, and that was like nothing I've ever experienced before. The screaming was insane, and night really felt like a real celebration of just like, oh my god, we get to see our heroes again. That's what it felt like. It was like in the lap of honor really because in the first minute they've got a goal and then the game's over within ten It was like within the first thirty seconds and everyone was like, we got yeah, we got minute.
Speaker 2: It was like three goals, Yes, there was.
Speaker 3: It was very It was like five minutes and we had three goals. And one of the girls was the girl one she hadn't played the World Cup. Her name was Michelle Hayman.
Speaker 2: And she hat four or five goals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got four goals. Yeah. It was incredible. But the thing that I really noticed and I loved was every time, you know, one of the big players that was famous for the World Cup kind of went to the corner to take a kick call was warming up, the crowd would just scream, just scream like they were Sam Kirk, It was amazing last night. Yeah, there was fifty five thousand. It was insane, like it was just a Wednesday night, Like really young girls walking around and just wearing the jerseys and it was just incredible and I got myself a jerseys.
Speaker 1: Yeah but righty, So what incredible story that Matilda's success is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: And I kept saying to my partner that I went with. I was just like, isn't this incredible that we're sitting here looking at these girls thinking they're our heroes and actually, like even me, I looked at them and was like, oh my god, I'd love to be one of them. Like it was just an.
Speaker 1: Incredible, really inspirational But what's happened with the Matilda is an incourse still happening and now off to the Olympics as well. But to get fifty five thousand there last night in the middle of the week is extraordinary.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I heard some girls behind me at some point go oh, I'm going to say up all night. I don't care how late it is when they're playing over in Paris. I'm just going to go and watch it.
Speaker 1: Gik, isn't it It is? Like I understand why Ruby said it was. She said the atmosphere is like the Telliswift thing. Yeah, people are just really really excited and just happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Well, I had a comparison because I went to the first friendly against France before the World Cup, right and I was in the crowd at Marvel Stadium for that, and it was a very different crowd so it was a lot more quieter. There was as much excitement. It was just kind of like, Oh, this thing's going on, let's go and watch them. And there wasn't like the screaming like oh fangirls or anything like that, compared to last night, which was screaming at any moment. There was drums constantly going. It was just Australia really taking on soccer and football and being excited about it and creating the atmosphere that they have over in Europe.
Speaker 2: They are the biggest team in Australia right now. Well, they gave us the best sporting experience of last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean for me it was, as a girl, the best sporting experience ever in my history of watching. Like Kathy Freeman came close to it, but I think I was a bit too young. Now as an adult, I can really appreciate what exactly these girls are doing and continue to do, and to sell out fifty five thousand on a Wednesday minin for again that we knew that they were going to win.
Speaker 1: You were, they're already going through they already qualified that the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so yeah, we were confident. But it was just about getting to see that.
Speaker 1: So I know it's but everyone saw a great there were loads of goals. As a soccer fan, sometimes you can go and see a great game. It's hard to explain to footy fans Neil Neil can sometimes be a great game, but.
Speaker 2: You want to see goals. At least you saw lots of goals.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was constant, like we were constantly and it was boiling so everyone.
Speaker 2: Because yes, it was so hot yesterday evening you.
Speaker 3: Were standing like you were kind of pulling yourself off the chair and just being like.
Speaker 2: Then you sit down and then up again.
Speaker 1: Tell us about Rio said, you went to Rebel Sports yesterday to get the shirts.
Speaker 2: They're all selling out, people queuing to get them.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to get one since the World Cup. I haven't been able to You're kidding, No, there was none available. I went into Rebel yesterday just in hope that there was even something because I couldn't wear my beanie. I couldn't wear my scouts too freaking hot. So went in there and there was one small sitting on the side of thing. I said, is this have you got any more? And he's like yeah, but we've had to put them behind the counter because they just were going and going and going and they were just such a hot topic. They had people that morning before they'd even open lining up outside.
Speaker 2: Incredible, it's a brilliant story, yeap.
Speaker 3: And only one goalkeeper jersey was left a small and that was it. That's all they had left from the whole day.
Speaker 2: But what did you actually get hold of? What did you find that? Your size?
Speaker 3: So I was the last one to get the medium at was what was the name of rebel? Rebel? Yeah, so Victoria Gardens. There was only one more medium left and it was the perfect size, So yeah, it was. It was really really nice to finally put on the jersey and be able to support the girls in that way. And you know, they're like, you know, it's not cheap. It's one hundred and forty five dollars or something, but now I really want to just do be your part designer.
Speaker 2: Basebook gaps to cheap.
Speaker 3: Oh you should have heard the crowd when they you know, were introducing the team at the start of the game, and they were like Tony Goo Stazen and everyone was like, like it was it was.
Speaker 1: Okay overseas, but he has the most austraining coach name. You've got a guy called Tony, a hoodie and a baseball cap. Even the heat he started with a judio so of being interviewed and it was like, mate, undo that you're going to struggle for this game.
Speaker 2: It's so hot right now. Lose the hoodie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Patsy, clip any of this and put it in the news today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm leading with it.
Speaker 1: You obviously didn't know I meant some of Caitlyn's Oh, Caitlyn's reaction.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's pure gold. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love your point to about with young girls, like having a twelve year old daughter.
Speaker 2: We were watching and it's so true. It's absolutely inspirational. It's like a new generation for girls.
Speaker 3: I think it's brilliant.