Speaker 1: Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Christian No Come On Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack's got an amazing story. I would file this under extreme huffing. We've all done something in a hulf.
Speaker 4: We get into huffs. Everybody gets into huffs.
Speaker 3: But this is something you need to do, something to just charge the huffing energy, you know, to break up the huff that you're in.
Speaker 5: You're both in. Everyone has a different way to process it.
Speaker 4: But get this, this will be hard to beat. My friend has an argument with his partner and leaves the house. Wants to cool off after he's hulf so he goes through a drive ends up driving to Sydney from Melbourne. From Melbourne, ends up driving to Sydney. By that time, his huff is cooled a bit. He goes through a Maca's drive through and then comes back to Melbourne. One big round trip.
Speaker 5: Or twelve hours easily.
Speaker 4: Isn't it more ten hours to Sydney one way?
Speaker 5: Of course, it's about twenty hour. That's a day half a long half.
Speaker 4: That's a very long hlf.
Speaker 3: You must have done stuff in a half, pat Sy, I've gone shopping once and a half that we didn't even need to go shopping.
Speaker 5: I just went to huff around the supermarket.
Speaker 4: But at least that's a helpful huff.
Speaker 5: They're not angry shop and only came up with three bits.
Speaker 3: Actually, my brain wasn't working right, Caitlin, What have you done?
Speaker 5: In a huff?
Speaker 4: I drove to Geelong and.
Speaker 5: Just took off, just took off.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 4: I had a fight and I got in the car and I just drove to Geelong.
Speaker 5: What did you do in Geelong? Just half around?
Speaker 2: I washed my car.
Speaker 1: And walked along there.
Speaker 3: It's awful because at some point the half goes, but you're so committed you don't want to look foolish to you like, I know, she's just a.
Speaker 5: Really nice day. Actually used to hang out by myself. You know, it wasn't the half wasn't it wasn't doing it in a half? All right, So we want to know what did you do in a half? This morning we all do this.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Asking you what did you do in a half? Tack's friend drove to Sydney. Didn't need to just after a big argument, trying cool down. Obviously cool down probably about the first hour into a heavy road trip.
Speaker 4: But once you're on that highway.
Speaker 3: Committed, committed to a pointless gesture, and then I had a Maca's there and then drove the long, long, long drive back. I'm probably in a half by with yourself by the end of it. I'll Partici kating as well. Drove in a half all the way to a long and spent the day there. So what have you done in a half? Nine four one one four three, Matt? Good morning? Hey you go mate, I'm good Welcome to the show. So what did you do Matt? In a half?
Speaker 7: I had a really bad day at work, got home, partner was carrying on at me. So I went out to the garage, where I normally spend a lot of my time, and I bought a.
Speaker 4: Car from the garage.
Speaker 7: From the garage, I was sitting on my phone. I was on eBay and I just bought a car.
Speaker 3: What did you get?
Speaker 7: I bought an E the Eat Wagon. And reason I bought it was I liked the wheels.
Speaker 4: Unseen so you didn't even you hadn't visited it earlier on.
Speaker 7: No, just literally, I just do it impulse buyers. I've got ten cars as we speak, and I was like, I want another car. So I bought one.
Speaker 3: Impost by Maybe you know a pair of shoes or trainers or so a car?
Speaker 5: I didn't. You can get cars on eBay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, here you buy whatever you want almost yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, all that from a garage where he spends a lot of time. Okay, that isn't amazing, that's extreme. Nothing isn't to go and order a brand new car and a half. Matt, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You killed me.
Speaker 7: I have a good day, no problems you too, John.
Speaker 5: Goes Hey, Johnny, what did you do in a half? Then? John?
Speaker 1: In a half? I had a bit of a dispute with the missus, so I went to the airport and though the cans.
Speaker 3: This is why Cane is so popular. It's lots of people husbands, wives or by them.
Speaker 5: I should have said, this.
Speaker 4: Beautiful place for a half.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, they should make it part of the tourism strap line.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's the best place in Australian mates.
Speaker 5: Great, yeah, beautiful love that. So you you flew up in a half, had some time there? What did you? How long were you there for?
Speaker 1: Nine years?
Speaker 5: It's a big old half. Then wasn't he.
Speaker 1: The half aday? Last of the duration of the flight? And then I got over and I'm telling love of cans, got a.
Speaker 5: Job to start a new life up there?
Speaker 1: All from a half basically.
Speaker 4: And were you still with you? Do you remain with your partner?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: We're best friend still, this is our fifteen years later, we're still good mates. So it all worked out well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But what happened with the relationship after you decided to stay out there and get a job?
Speaker 5: Do you still see her?
Speaker 1: Or a long distance mope?
Speaker 4: So you got off the flame, the huff's cooled down, You're feeling better before you decide to go back home and see you partner again? You life for a job.
Speaker 1: And what.
Speaker 5: The job at the airport? You know with someone hiring? Do you need a job yet?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh just the atmosphere in the last still up there? I just went you know what? Why not?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: When you explain it like that simple way.
Speaker 3: To your life almost zenlight? Really well put it, John, Thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 5: All right, what have you done on a huff? Two?
Speaker 3: Amazing course, went to cats, stayed at the nine years and brought half from the carriage.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: I'd like to think every day you learn something new. What well, if we learned the show today, is that.
Speaker 3: Because only dudes have called into the reply to the question what have you done in a huff?
Speaker 1: Men?
Speaker 5: Huff?
Speaker 4: Men? Half? Maybe women don't have we huff?
Speaker 3: Even the Merry and Webster Online Dictionary definition gives female examples obviously written by dude. There's no men in there that we're only hearing about what you did in huff from guys flying to cans, buying cars on the phone on eBay or in a huff?
Speaker 5: Do you think men huff?
Speaker 1: Moore pats Ah, Yeah, probably My huffs are very short lived.
Speaker 5: I reckon, I've like driven around the block and then just lost patience, so gone home again.
Speaker 3: I think it's more a volcanic eruption. Is how my wife processes stuff, and then I'm the one with sort of scolding months on the hot laughter. All right, let's go to Ben and Coome onring Ben, Good morning, Ben, What do you do in a huff?
Speaker 5: Who was a huff with?
Speaker 6: Oh? Okay, so I was eighteen living at home, had hulf with my mother. I don't even remember what it was about.
Speaker 5: The worst huffs to.
Speaker 6: Get into my huff? Yeah, So I don't remember what it was about, but I thought, okay, well, you know, maybe I'll just have a little walk around. This is up and tap gipps Land. I thought, okay, I'll walk around and I hang out with the horse and the dog calm down. And she said, I've got people coming over on you sulking around. God was like, I or go somewhere else, so I was, so I just immediately went for a walk. I'm wearing my I got my single and my shorts and tongues on, nothing else. It's about seven o'clock the day I save him, so it's still bright and I just walked. I thought, all right, I'll just walk out to like, you know, past the drive on. You know, we'll get to the road and then we'll turn around. All be good. But when I got there, I was like, I'm still angry. So I thought, hey, I can't stay on the radio. I thought, all right, well we'll just keep walking then, so I kept walking. I walked to I walked to the next town. I was in Langling. So I walked in Niora, which I would later find out as twelve k away.
Speaker 3: Pilgrimage until the Sick looking for Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: It was a lot of self reflection or just exhaustion. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Anyway, how long was your round trip?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I walked at about seven and I think I got back about ten or ten thirty. Now, I'll just remind you there's no foot palls or anything. That's just sort of road and bush right there. Anyway, So anyways, when I got when I got to the next town, it was done to get dark, and I was thinking, oh, I'm going to get back home. I anyway ended up getting pitch black and cold, and then I didn't have anything on me right right, Uh So I pretty much had to rely on the lights of passing cars and the sense of a dead animal that I had walked previously over. No, No, it was awesome, I felt. I thought it was the coolest thing. Like I was getting back and I'm like, oh, geez, how much longer I can't see anything? And then I'm like, oh, it stinks. I'm like, wait a minute, that's the same stink that's stunk before I'm getting closer to home. So I got home and we both didn't really have anything to say. I was just she was just like, you might want to have a shower, because I looked down and like and everything all over my leg like moccasons and probably at the back of my shoulder was numb as well, and the cold was just awful. So yeah, he's half like that.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 3: It's like Cormt McCarthy's The Road That's never ending Road of Trials, amazing stuff. Revenant as well at times hopefully not any boy.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much your epic story.
Speaker 6: Never been so glad to smell a dead animal A.
Speaker 3: Great way to leave it, sir Ben, we're Senterprise British storytelling. No, yeah, we have to go I reckon week is Midday with Ben.
Speaker 5: It felt like we were getting that story a real time.
Speaker 4: Our producer actually came in and said, start with Ben because he's a quick one.
Speaker 5: I'm nervous about to go to these others. This is canceled plans. It's never ending breakfast show. All right, let's take a break.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast