Speaker 1: My Heart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free I Hunt app.
Speaker 2: A good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn. Baby your what our windows done? That's my world?
Speaker 1: Reason the dust, only good labs all round.
Speaker 3: I've done much.
Speaker 2: Now, but yeah, I know I'll big get and what I want. It don't matter where rag. This is the pick up.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, it's the pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn. Big night for me tonight, Laura Burn, Mate, A lot's been happening in your world, had logis last night you got Dancing with the Stars finale tonight.
Speaker 4: Got married twice and last month.
Speaker 2: Settled down and say some exciting stuff for the.
Speaker 5: Rest of us.
Speaker 6: I definitely just had a lot going on in two months, and.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do nothing for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: You watch.
Speaker 1: That's okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna overtake you because I'm gonna push out a baby and then I'm also gonna do nothing, step sit on the couch and breastfeed.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're gonna be doing nothing as a mom of three, by hang on, this isn't about you.
Speaker 5: This is about me.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm on the Dancing with the Stars finale tonight and I have just worked my little tushi off for months.
Speaker 2: Literally, you don't have a tush anymore. It's gone.
Speaker 4: I have a pancake, but it's gone. I lost a couple of tonails.
Speaker 2: Along the way.
Speaker 5: It's I'm a real athlete, Laura.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me do you reckon? You've got a chance of winning? Like a legit chance?
Speaker 4: Well, do you know if you asked me a couple of weeks ago, I would have said never in a million years. The only reason now I'm like, well, I mean, I guess there's a chance is because A I'm in the final.
Speaker 6: But B I'm pretty sure I'm going into.
Speaker 2: It at the top of the leaderboard because.
Speaker 4: I had a really good week last week. I think I won last week. And I didn't know this, but they put up something on Instagram and I was like, oh am, I going to it at the top, which is a lot of pressure. But no, genuinely, I don't think I'm going to take the win.
Speaker 2: It's not the humble brags, brit No.
Speaker 5: It's not humble.
Speaker 4: I just literally said I'm going to number one, like it's not humble, but I all I ever wanted to do was get to the final because it always seems so out of reach.
Speaker 1: You remember you, Yeah, yeah, no I do. But it was out of reach for me. That's the chance got kicked out at the semi final.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyway, it's on tonight and then it's all over.
Speaker 2: I hope to never see a sequence again.
Speaker 1: Speaking of sequence though, yeah, there was quite a few of them at the Logis last night. You went as a giant sequin. You went as a giant sequin. You looked glorious. My husband, Matt went, he was there. He should not be allowed to attend things without me, is what I've come to discover.
Speaker 4: As someone who witnessed him on the red carpet, I'm going to agree with that he shouldn't be allowed out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I did have.
Speaker 5: To a bit of a funny request. I had to ask him, Laura. I'm gonna tell you about after the break, But he had to help me out with something.
Speaker 4: So last night was in case you missed it, it was TV's Night of Nians. It was the LOGI Awards, Laura, I did miss it, Yeah, Speaking of people who missed it, my husband was there as well.
Speaker 1: He wasn't answering my text messages, so I was looking at his Instagram.
Speaker 5: He was having a great time.
Speaker 2: No I know, I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looked like a little bit of like a jiggalow though I'm.
Speaker 2: Not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: I had his chest hair out and like a really low un buttoned shirt and pink suit and he has his mo it was.
Speaker 2: It was definitely a choice.
Speaker 1: And he had white shoes on that had snakes printed on the front.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I really liked his outfit, but I did get tagged in one interview that he did on the Red Carpet and someone I don't know who it was, had asked him about the chest hair because he had quite a bit of chest hair and he had quite a few buttons undone, and he said that that was my doing and that I've stopped him from shaving his chest.
Speaker 2: And it's true I have.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't mean that he has to have all of his buttons undone. So that was the personal choice that he made.
Speaker 4: His buttons were n't done to his naghbor like I was seeing her from somewhere else.
Speaker 6: I was like, well, let's button that up.
Speaker 2: You're like that's not chest here, that's your snail trail.
Speaker 4: Speaking of articles, I got slammed again by the Daily Mail Chakra. I was doing an interview on the Red Carpet with doctor Chris Brown, who hosts Dancing Yeah, and he was yeah. And I was doing it with Kyle, one of the other contestants from Home and Away whatever, and Chris had said to me, Hey, what you know, we've been doing dancing for months.
Speaker 2: What do you dance?
Speaker 5: Moves?
Speaker 4: Later at the after party, and you know, you just get You're just you're just having some fun. So for two seconds I turned to Chris and I was like, oh, I might pull out the work And I didn't even work.
Speaker 5: I did like two seconds.
Speaker 2: Of moving my body. And the first.
Speaker 4: Article that came out from the logis was like Brittany Hockley cringe tworks for Chris Brown, And I'm like, bros, come on, like, why do we always have to slam women in media for having a personality?
Speaker 5: Like Chris and I were laughing about it.
Speaker 4: There it's like you can't win, and I was like, tell me about it.
Speaker 6: But it was pretty maaz.
Speaker 1: Maybe the twerky was just that offensive that they were like, I wasn't working.
Speaker 2: I'm going to show you what I did right now. I did this.
Speaker 1: You're like, I also wasn't doing it for Chris Brown specifically, did him.
Speaker 2: Back up into it? Hey, Chris Junk, this one's for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all the way about Chris Brown.
Speaker 5: This twork?
Speaker 6: No anyway, whatever, that's not what I want to talk about.
Speaker 2: It was really cool.
Speaker 6: Jimmy Barnes played you know, I'm a working classman.
Speaker 1: Like, please never butcher Jimmy Barnes again, He's such an icon.
Speaker 6: That was really really cool.
Speaker 4: But I think one of the highlights was like an Australian icon, Magda Sabanski, who I think is one of the funniest people to come out of Australian media.
Speaker 6: She's been around doing comedy for like.
Speaker 4: Forty years or something, and she got inducted into the Hall of Fame last night, so they did this big piece dedicated to her. She unfortunately, I don't know if you guys are a cross it, but she's battling stage four blood cancer, like a really rare form of cancer, so she couldn't be there, but she did do like a big video message to everybody and it was really beautiful. It was really beautiful for somebody like that to be celebrated. She's somehow still made a way to make people laugh even though she's going through it.
Speaker 2: And what a legacy piece for her as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it absolutely is.
Speaker 4: And it made you think, you know that she's done a lot of big things, and you know she's got all these famous one liners and all these things that have come out of Kath and Kim. You know, like I said, Pet, I said love, I said Pet, But until you see all her work together, I didn't realize how much she has done and how much of an impact on the industry she has.
Speaker 1: She's an Australian icon. I mean, I'm surprised that she hasn't been inducted earlier.
Speaker 4: To be honest, I know, Well, apparently you gotta put in the hard yards of forty years Lynn McGranger from Home, Irene from Home and Away. She finally won an award after thirty two years on Home and Away. So it was those they were the cool moments of really celebrating people that have been around for a long time and really.
Speaker 2: Put the hard yards in. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also saw that Ali Langdon unfortunately had been labeled Ali Langdong, which was also a highlight on socials today.
Speaker 5: She's been in the media so long too.
Speaker 2: Howry would you spell it?
Speaker 1: A When you're up for an award and someone calls you Ali Langdong, you're like, oh, God.
Speaker 2: Sakes one job.
Speaker 4: She did win, which is good, she won, but it's so funny and this is just the I.
Speaker 2: Want to call this a single girl problem for hear me out.
Speaker 4: I did have to ask your husband to take my dress off last night, Laura.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is a conversation we could had earlier.
Speaker 2: Very where, like at what point of the night, well at the end.
Speaker 5: But let me explain it because it.
Speaker 4: Comes out wrong. We live really close to each other. If people don't know, but Laura and I.
Speaker 2: Live dig up Brett. Okay, soorry a week ago.
Speaker 4: You introduced your husband as my husband, So this is true.
Speaker 5: We're even.
Speaker 4: I had a dress on that had like a really high zipper up the back and it was quite tight, and I went all the way down. And I can't get dressed myself because I live alone, and so I can't.
Speaker 2: Get my dress on and off.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I have to wait for a neighbor to come out, and I'm like, sorry, excuse.
Speaker 5: Me, can you do my dress up anyway? Your husband, Matt and I shared an uber home and.
Speaker 4: He dropped me off and I said, I'm so sorry, do you mind undoing my dress? And I could see that I could see with the Uber driver. I was looking up in the mirror and Met's like sorry, what And I was like, just under my.
Speaker 5: Dress a little bit.
Speaker 4: The Uber driver was trying to avert his eyes and I could see him like looking up and I said, don't worry.
Speaker 5: I was like, I work with his wife. And then I was like, well, this is worse. It's like I'm explaining that I have.
Speaker 1: This relationship with you, and I was like no. I was like, man, I just can't take my clothes off on my own. If you can just undo it. So it's like zipped it down a little bit.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that you guys took a car.
Speaker 5: Together anyway where it was all all fun and games.
Speaker 1: Oh well, it's like do you remember last year? So Amy Gerard, she does a Saturday show.
Speaker 2: On the network.
Speaker 1: Last year, she got stuck in her dress and she couldn't get out of it.
Speaker 2: She had to sleep in at the night because no one could get her.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought was going to happen. So thank your husband for me.
Speaker 2: This is the start of the logos that no one hears about.
Speaker 1: I know you're not big on TikTok. Are you don't use TikTok? You look at it from time to time?
Speaker 3: Don't?
Speaker 2: You don't even scroll?
Speaker 5: Have not opened TikTok once?
Speaker 4: Is you? Yeah, unless you send me something to like research. I am so proud to not be in.
Speaker 2: The TikTok vortext.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because for a show that talks about TikTok a lot, like never ever scrolls that to me is so odd.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys just send it to me.
Speaker 6: A waste of your brain power to be honest.
Speaker 2: Oh you are better than us, that I am true. I always thought that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you know that there's things like like so TikTok has categories.
Speaker 5: Right, I get it how it works.
Speaker 1: TikTok is an app that you scroll I of like Instagram.
Speaker 2: No, it has categories.
Speaker 1: It's got things like book talk, it's got mum talk, it's got Jim talk. There's all different things beauty talk, gotcha.
Speaker 5: I didn't actually know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tradwife talk, they're all over there.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's what it's called, but there's definitely there's different types of categories that you can go deep on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I found a subculture of TikTok and that I got really deep on this, so deep that I I'd spent a good hour. And it's called witchtok Okay, hear me out. It's like witchcraft on TikTok oh.
Speaker 5: And this is what you're considering as your new pastime.
Speaker 1: Well, if you ever want to put a hex on your X, if you want to like get that new job promotion, maybe, if you want.
Speaker 4: To be thinking about your ex in here, we've got other issues.
Speaker 5: You're about popping third baby out.
Speaker 1: The reason why I think I was fascinated by this is because I went through a witchcraft stage when I.
Speaker 4: Was surprised me in the slider.
Speaker 1: I was in school and I had like a special book that I would write down all the spells in.
Speaker 2: All book.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm telling people, but it was like real pagan spells. It was I don't know what was wrong with me, but I did put a love spell on a boy. His name was Bradley Thomas ended up being my boyfriend for a year.
Speaker 2: And a half at the time.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the spell.
Speaker 1: I was convinced at the age of fifteen that the spell was the reason why he fell in love with me. So I found a love spell online and like you needed all these different ingredients.
Speaker 2: You had to.
Speaker 4: Is just like one of his hairs, you literally and all of this stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I needed a hair. I can't remember what I had from him, but I had something.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I had to like put it all together in a piece of paper wrap the paper up. Then you had to burn the paper and say this mantra over and over. And I remember I loved me, Love me.
Speaker 2: Anyway. I remember doing it.
Speaker 1: And then about a week later, so some drama happened. And you remember the Yellow Pages. It was back in the day of the Yellow Pages. So I did my spell, and a week later I called him to ask him out on a date.
Speaker 2: And I went through and I called every single Thomas is a very common name, how many people should call?
Speaker 1: I spent a good hour and a half calling every Thomas that lived in the suburb.
Speaker 5: Doesn't he go to your school?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I knew him through, but I didn't he didn't go to my school. I didn't know where. I just knew the suburb he lived in. Anyway, I tracked him down and he fell in love with me, and we dated three and a half and I was convinced for our entire relationship that it was because of the love spell.
Speaker 2: So when we broke up.
Speaker 1: I did another spell so that he wouldn't love me anymore.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you know what I'm thinking right now?
Speaker 4: Set him free.
Speaker 2: I'm insane. Free, spread your wings. I'm a peak because I was like, I've got to set the guy.
Speaker 5: Free him.
Speaker 2: He can't let him love me forever. You're twisted with me.
Speaker 4: Set a spell to make him love you, just so you can have the control to them, be like, don't want you anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't think it worked. I think it was more that there were other things wrong with me. If we're really going to unpack that therapy, it could probably work.
Speaker 4: The idea that you had to set him free, Like he was so obsessed with you, I need to set a hex to.
Speaker 5: Set you free.
Speaker 4: I used to do seances with my friends. We have sleepovers. I'll never forget. Actually, this one story, this is so funny, might not translate very well.
Speaker 2: Tell it anyway, my friends used to go to each other's.
Speaker 1: Sleep, same age group, and do you remember that trend where one person would lay down and there'd be four people on each corner of your body like legs, and you'd put two fingers under them and you'd all chant light.
Speaker 2: As a feather star.
Speaker 4: Anyway, and then you'd chant and then you would lift and the person was supposed to levitate.
Speaker 6: I'll never forget when I was laying down once and it was my term.
Speaker 4: And all my friends like light as the Feast as well as her, and you were like closing your eyes and you were manifesting to lift, and then they started to lift, and only one of my legs lifted and I just farted. I was in front of and I was like, okay, that's really awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that was a lot of ways to share that story as well.
Speaker 5: I just wanted you to.
Speaker 4: We've both made choices here today.
Speaker 5: I'll just never forget that was.
Speaker 4: My only sales experience. We never summoned anyone. I never made anyone fall in love with me with it, which you.
Speaker 1: Know, okay, for anyone who's our age demographic and a female, you will feel this to your care and you will resonates because there was a really popular movie that came out at the time.
Speaker 2: It was called The Craft, and it was when.
Speaker 1: We're allool and anytime you had a sleepover, girls just got obsessed with like magic and witches and casting spells and stuff.
Speaker 2: And I was of that error. That was that.
Speaker 5: Was my time.
Speaker 4: We both were, you know, the only one I couldn't do, Laura, You know, the one where you had to look in the mirror and I think, say bloody Mary three times.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that was yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, I can't bring myself to try it in case it works and the demon pops up behind you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you never did it, and you're still here to tell the tower. Britt, Thank god, Sorry you brought the story up.
Speaker 5: Don't you put this on me.
Speaker 1: We all know that the name Karen has been hijacked and it's used to describe a woman who likes to complain a lot, even though I think you know Karen's out there have been unfairly labeled and it does not represent who they truly are.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: Trust Pilot actually did some research onto.
Speaker 4: This to see like, what were the top names of people that make complaints Karen wasn't even on the list, so it's quite unjust.
Speaker 2: And I actually know a great Karen.
Speaker 1: I did, you'd be so dir if your name is Karen. I can only imagine. It's been tough the last couple of years, but there is there's piece of content that's going viral at the moment, and the question has been asked is what is the millennial equivalent to the Karen? So like, when we are older, when Karen is no longer as popular a name and someone needs to label, Okay, well, what is the version of a Karen for our generation? What name could that possibly be? What's like the first one that comes to mind for you?
Speaker 4: I mean I might go off pieced a little bit here. I think it's always going to be Karen. I think it doesn't matter that Karen's not a popular name. I think it's going to transcend generations because it just has a meaning.
Speaker 2: No, I think that we're going to get a new one.
Speaker 1: I think that we're going to come up through the ranks and a new name is going to supersede it.
Speaker 2: Have a little think about it. If you had to.
Speaker 1: Pick a name that you would just like associate with being someone you know, I don't want to keep saying Karen, but unfortunately is a bit of a Karen.
Speaker 2: What would that name be? Have a listen to this, millennials.
Speaker 3: They are out here trying to decide what's our generation's name equivalent for a Karen. Here are the names that keep popping up. Actually, Brittany, Tiffany, Jessica, Nicole, Becky or Kelsey. These are the names that keep popping up.
Speaker 4: Honorable mentions, It says at the bottom, Michelle and Lauren.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, don't try and detract. I think we're going to stop on the word Brittany for a.
Speaker 2: Little while there.
Speaker 7: This is sorry, the slamb very American, and I feel very victimized because you know why, Brittany is a really uncommon name in Australia.
Speaker 2: So it's it's not Brittany.
Speaker 5: I'm ruling that out.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely not Brittany. I don't think Brittany is that uncommon.
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 6: How many do you know Brittany is spelled like me?
Speaker 2: Well two, I know too, Brittany.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I know it's spelled differently like Britney spears. Yeah, told you Brittanny. Yeah, it's no one I like that you've rejected it because of the spelling you've taken it. Really, No, it's just not I'm not not because my name is Brittany.
Speaker 6: All right, I'm vetoing that one.
Speaker 1: So apparently the biggest one star reviewers the people who do actually complain the most in Australia, because I do agree, it's a very American sounding list. Number one, John is the biggest complainer, then David, then Michael, then Chris and then James.
Speaker 2: Who are They're all men? Shock and what is the one thing they have in common?
Speaker 1: They're all dudes exactly, which I feel like poor Karen's really drawn the short straw.
Speaker 2: There are five men who complain more than she does.
Speaker 4: It just really goes to show the I hate to bring it here, but the gender disparity. Five men are the top complainers, yet the female name is the one that gets stuck to being the idea of being the annoying complainer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it really sucks, doesn't it. Do you want to know what the number one female name is?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 5: Laura?
Speaker 6: Sorry, I meant Laura, please tell me?
Speaker 1: Please go on to be fair, I do, I don't do a one star review. You love a letter, but I love a letter makes me feel empowered.
Speaker 2: I left the letter on a car recently.
Speaker 1: I share a double garage at my other work and the person who who parks next to me parks so close that I can't open my door to actually get into my car when I come back, and so I have to climb through the boot.
Speaker 2: So I left a really.
Speaker 1: Aggressive eight months I left a really aggressive message. It was my second one and I was like, I am third trimester climbing through a boot to access that. I realized I need to stop. I blame pregnancy hormones. Okay, the top female name for complaining in Australia is Lisa.
Speaker 2: Oh, I could probably see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unfortunately I feel like I can see it too. And to all the Lisa's out there, I'm sure you're all lovely and I'm very very sorry. You have to stop complaining though, because you know stats a stats.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I think David, Michael, Christ, James and John need to stop complaining to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we can complain about the men more often.
Speaker 5: Well, guys, that is it for us