Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. He's entered the room, Australia's biggest automotive heart throb. Mom's a lot ready, Oh me, you're talking about me? No, no, no, no, no, come on in trave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yeah, one of those days.
Speaker 1: Think it's been an interesting day. Just been in at the beach today. As you can see, I'm a bit sun kissed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sydney beaches are interesting, aren't they. They're like a There was just a group of white women drinking rose and it was like a Camilla Kaftan convention.
Speaker 2: That is the definition of an Australian beach day. White women drinking on the beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Or if you watch bond I rescue like Indian blokes going swimming fully clothed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, needed to be rescued.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you are Indian or Asian and listening to this, can you tell us why this happens so often? I think Native Australians tend to know the beach is a bit better and know what to do and what not to do. But a lot of tourists just do not get it. And I'm keen to understand when Australia is advertised overseas and people come here. Why is there a disconnect between going swimming and drowning?
Speaker 4: Like what is the let us know?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm pretty sure I can answer that question because generally people will come here for asylum and they're living in like pretty They're not living on lovely coastal metropolitan cities.
Speaker 4: And so this is tourists that go to Bondai. You don't come here to seek asylum and then go I'm going to go to Bondai Beach.
Speaker 1: Yes you do.
Speaker 4: You've got other stuff to.
Speaker 1: Do anyway, anyway you get today, What did you do today?
Speaker 4: I went to visit family with my daughter in our tesla. Oh, I'll tell you what I did yesterday.
Speaker 2: I took the key EV six to Lang Lang to go do a video review and spent half the day destroying tires with drift mode.
Speaker 1: Then now you have you by the way, you didn't just have the key at EV six. You had you had the GT which was supposed to be mine, but mine got traded in for a Stonitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I had to pass off the Stonitch just someone else, and I stuck with the EV six. But it's a bit the whole day fanging it around and having fun and going home. It's about one hundred and five kilometers from the proving ground to home and it had like ninety kilometers of range and I was like, oh, she'll be right, and I popped it into e co mode and I was in for anyone that is from Melbourne. Just recently, the traffic is absolutely ft. I don't know why, but it is just fucked And anyway, I got to sort of around Burke Road and from Burke Road to Kingsway, which is the exit I take. It was forty nine minutes, which normally is a ten minute drive, and I was down to three percent and I thought, I don't think I'm going to make it to frantically re route to a charger. Made it to the charger with one percent of range left, plugged up, and then had some smug blog come up to me. He goes, oh, how long are you going to be? And I was like, well, I literally just got here at one percent, So you do the maths for me and that will tell you how long I'm going to be.
Speaker 4: Just drove off. I'm like, yeah, right, oh jet, So yes, I charged.
Speaker 2: The car is heaps of fun, by the way, and I know that today is our youte special, but EB six GT is heap of fun and drift mode is also a heap of fun, but not as easy to control as most other cars with with a drift mode. So yeah, be careful if you are driving on because it will snap around very quickly.
Speaker 1: When you get a car like that, especially an EV that's going zero to one hundred in crazy speeds. I guess that's like keys version of the plaid. How do you find the driving on that?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 2: It's it's there's no escaping its weight and it sits on a three meter wheelbase. They've done a lot of work to the suspension tune, so Ossie engineers went to Germany during the initial tuning phase of EV six and then they did finalization of the tuning here in Australia and all the validation. So from a ride and handling point of view, it's really good, but ultimately it is dynamically limited by.
Speaker 4: The physics of it. So it is incredibly quick.
Speaker 2: One thing that I absolutely loved and kind of nerded out on, and there was a top secret car I drove a couple of weeks ago in Sweden that is very similar to this and they were running me through the technicalities behind the brake pedal. In a typical car, when you operate the brake pedal, you're eventually pushing a cylinder inside a brake chamber that pushes fluid around to the brakes. In the EV six and this other mysterious car that I drove actually use a brake by wire system, so you're not actually really physically doing anything, You're telling a computer to do something. And the big advantage of that in an EV is that if you are driving it dynamically and you hit a bump into a braking zone, instead of getting the modulation in break pedal fiel, which is what you get in things like teslas, which have a mechanical breaking system, you actually get a very linear brake pedal and that's regardless of whether regen's coming in and out with bumps into a braking zone. And that tech is really cool. It can do up to three hundred kilos of regen as well, so it will regen as hard as it possibly can before it gets into an abs.
Speaker 4: Zone, so it is yeah, it is really cool.
Speaker 2: Beneath the skin how much work they've done to this, And then yeah, when you put it in drift mode, I.
Speaker 4: Think I'll just just cough on that microphone.
Speaker 1: Jesus at a bit of reflex going on. Did you have a big big bowl of borsch or something before you started this?
Speaker 2: So yeah, when you put it into drift mode, it seems pretty much all the talk to the rear and it lets you do big old drifts as well.
Speaker 3: So it is.
Speaker 4: It is a really fun car.
Speaker 1: I've only had the Baby, I've only had the EV six and you know on it, Yeah, you know how much I love the EV six too, Like, that's just it's really well fitted out. What did you think when you look at a car like that compared to a Tesla which is very minimalistic and they.
Speaker 4: Didn't have one issue?
Speaker 2: Oh the seat is manually adjustable in the GT. Yeah, it's one hundred grand and I went to go adjusted and I'm like, hold on, we're the fuck are these controls? And then it's like a manual seat. So it's like you're going back in time. I just find that really strange.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wonder why they did that, because I mean they've spent so much, they've spent so much time and so much engineering in this, and they're like we didn't hand our homework. In time, we'll just kind of get rid of those seats.
Speaker 4: We'll save thirty eight dollars and not make them electric.
Speaker 1: Well that's exactly it, you know, Like I think someone who's going to buy something like this is going to appreciate fucking proper seats.
Speaker 2: But in this day and age, it's not like it's a nine to eleven that you might just drive on your own and your other half will never drive. This is a family car, so you every time your other half gets in, you're going to be in a position where you have to manually move the seats. And most cars on the market these days will have keys that remember settings and stuff, whereas this it's all just manually adjustable. And I just find it so completely bizarre.
Speaker 1: It's an odd choice. And everything else is pretty much there too, right or anything's pretty standard to the normal EV six as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it is. It is interesting. So I am looking forward to seeing what the I five N is like. They're still working on that, and that has I don't know, that seems to be something perhaps a bit bigger so in terms of the performance aspects.
Speaker 4: So we can't just se how that goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an interesting one. I love what they're doing with the end you know what they could have done, I reckon. I would have loved to have seen a Tucson and I.
Speaker 4: Reckon they might do that eventually.
Speaker 2: The issue that they've got with then, especially in SUVs, if they're going to sell them in Europe, it has to be electrified because they have that upcoming band, so it means that all the end products will have to have some kind of electrification. And at the moment they have a mild hybrid in the Tuson, so it really needs perhaps an electric motor on the rear axle or something a bit more advanced. And I think that will come eventually. But there's not really much really that's sporty and you know that sort of stuff. So we'll watch this space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Coopers are kind of doing nice things, but nothing. Yeah, and like an end to someone would have been really cool, like almost put put a Stinger engine in that thing.
Speaker 4: You know, they had to be mental.
Speaker 2: Well it's like I actually found out the other day, much to my sadness, remember the Hyundai Australia division actually did an end version of the Imax or eye Load where they basically isn't that a theater? Yes, and it's also a giant van from Yunda. It was the previous jen of that and they put I think it was the twin Turbo V six from the Genesis or even the Stinger under the bonnet and turned it into a real well drive drift bus. And I found out the other day that it's now being crushed.
Speaker 1: Oh why did they do that? Because that was that's right, that was going on tour with like the the n Festival or whatever it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, so now it's it's dead. So I was very sad to hear that.
Speaker 1: Oh they crushed that thing. Yeah. I was speaking to Young Day and they donate like a lot of their cars to universities and stuff like that. Yeah, such a fucking shame. I'm like, why why would you do that. Don't give it to some couple of knobs at Sunshine Tafe who will probably just take it out on the weekend and smoke bongs in the back of it. Give it to me, Give it to me. Actually, they do that a lot with their hydrogen fleet as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just have to be careful with how you crush that.
Speaker 2: I guess Imagine that the suburb of Sydney has now been has disappeared after a hydrogen bomb explosion.
Speaker 1: The suburb of EMU Planes is now non existent, is now just planes? Then Usually it just gets up and starts clapping. Why just shout out to our good friends in planes. You've never been there, have you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: It sounds fun.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a bit like Lang Lang, but just less rights tracks, more bogans.
Speaker 4: Hello to our listeners from EMEU Planes as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to you guys. What else is going on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Can I show you something? I'm ho think you can hear this. By the way, Paul's back on Zoom. This is just gonna be a quick little Zoom episode just to tie you over, and the next few episodes will be we'll be back in the studio together, hugging it out with Trevor. We're getting the band back together. This is what AI is doing right now, and there's a whole lot of stuff coming in the AI world. People are freaked out. My brother in law owns a I don't want to say too much, but it's basically and it's it's a company that works with AI. And basically you can now write in stuff for you know AI to say they've literally mimicked the voices of high profile celebrities using AI. Yeah, using AI, much like it myself.
Speaker 3: But but the.
Speaker 1: This is the president. So you've got Barack Obama, you've got Joe Biden, and you've got Donald Trump, and they're all playing forzer right, so so good headset stuff and everything. A little sound effects is amazing.
Speaker 3: Hey, bro, how are you doing? You want to hop on Forza? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sure, let me hop on right now. I was just fighting the ender Dragon with Joe. But Bro, he is so bad. I mean, frankly, it's unbelievable. He wasted all my enchanted arrows and missed its.
Speaker 3: Hey, Joe, I want to race in Forza. Donnie and I were just hell hop on.
Speaker 5: Barack, you cannot let this guy play with us. He is horrible. He's too old for this.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: The only car he can name is a Corvette.
Speaker 4: That's not true, Donald, I know what a Ferrari is.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's all pick our cars for this race are called dibbs on the Supra. I love the super I mean it's so fast, it's just unbelievable. I hope you guys are ready to.
Speaker 3: Lose, Donnie, I will be laughing when you lose to my Bugatti. I mean it is really the pinnacle of motorsport. It's so sleek and elegant and fast and holds the world.
Speaker 4: Okay, Barrock, we hear you.
Speaker 5: Shut up, man, Bugatti doesn't have a two jay Z engine.
Speaker 3: Two jay Z is so overrated. Come on, are you twelve years old? No, I'm eighty six.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have to race a cage desk thirteen with an LS swamp and a straight Joe. You're gonna melt all the ice cap with those emissions.
Speaker 4: You know, Donald, shut up and raised me, your twelve year old super fan. You probably don't even have your driver's license yet.
Speaker 5: You don't need a driver's license to play four US. I mean, wow, you are so stupid.
Speaker 4: Is absolute goal.
Speaker 1: That's so good, is it?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 1: It's amazing?
Speaker 3: How you know that's not real? Though? Yeah? I know, I know.
Speaker 4: Joe Biden was coherent.
Speaker 1: That was the well, that's exactly it. He really put a sentence together there, and I was like, wow, there's your first fucking that is I love that. Even the pop culture to jay Z LS swaps.
Speaker 2: That is brilliant, So they used something like chat GPT to come up with a script for that and then an AI to talk it out.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was like doubled over, like it could literally just be for instance, in the radio world, let's go behind the scene, let's go behind the curtain, guys, or the glitz and glamour. You can basically get a voice over now and it's not actually a voiceover, so you can type in a script and they can say whatever, really yeah, yeah, yeah, so we can we we run voiceovers that aren't actually real people.
Speaker 2: Really is there an example of one would be I don't know products or is it just for upcoming shows?
Speaker 1: And yeah, it'll be, well, it'll be it'll be segments. Generally, if you the more you get out of an AI voiceover, or the more you get them to say in one sentence, yep, I feel like the easy the easier it is to kind of spot because you kind of miss inclinations, you miss like yeah, tones and but it's very subtle. But also producers will kind of cover that quite easily, like they'll add a they could add like a sound effect between where a comma would be, or they could add a little another voiceover saying huge praises, you know, just something really quick to kind of break it up, and it might be just like interesting. Yeah, it might just be like the Kyle and Jackie Oh show Home with the World's Biggest Stars, and then but between that they might fucking you know, tweak around with Yeah, it's completely fake.
Speaker 4: That is so interesting. Me go, so is File Sandalands actually real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well funny you should say that, because I did. I did a break the other day and I got I went into what's it called chat GPT GPT, yeah, and I said, there's an artist we play called the Weekend. Right, you wouldn't know who he is.
Speaker 4: I don't know who, but yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I said, as the artist the Weekend, write a short paragraph on why you love ed Sheeran, right, and then so it wrote this short sentence and then I copied that into the an AI Voice generator as the Weekend. So it's got this guy's this guy's voice. Hey, as the you know, as a recording artist, I think Ed Sheeran is the best.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, yeah, oh my god, that is so interesting.
Speaker 1: Crazy, it's crazy. What it's you know, we can even get there's there's a there's AI coming out. We don't We're out already. That can go through this entire podcast and say we're say we're doing four hour long podcasts. Yeah, and say we were just like a couple of blokes, you know, talking about I don't know, truck trucks, right, so we're just spending four hours going you know, like, oh bloody yeah, then yeah.
Speaker 6: I met Bloody Spoon and cracking down at Burke a couple of hours out to kick a can around and bloody down the road from Terra Baga pardon he picked up a bloody gray woman call it Dinna anyway.
Speaker 1: So basically we could do a whole podcast. My point is we could do a whole podcast this AI can go through it and we'll write down point by point like what we've covered.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: That is very cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, we we have Hoyd around with it for content because we actually a year or two ago we had the idea that we'd love to have an author on our site that was all AI in the news section for a year and then say to people, hey, for the last year, that author has been AI.
Speaker 4: But at the time they're all pretty not very good, and even now when you look at it.
Speaker 2: It just lacks, like you said, some of the nuance and some of the detail that you would have if you were genuinely an expert in that topic. So yeah, I think this fretting and worry about AI taking over, it's.
Speaker 4: Probably not there just yet. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I love what they've been able to do with it, and that force of stuff is pretty cool. But I think longer term, you know, you're safe if you're in radio for.
Speaker 1: Example, Yeah, or journalism for that matter. Yeah, for now, for now, it's only a matter of time. Actually, my brother in law, who owns an AI company, I don't know if I'm.
Speaker 4: Very perplexed at why it's so Secretly me.
Speaker 1: This video the other day and he goes, check out this this newsreader and check out these news stories. She's just camera testing. I want to know what you think. Okay, played me a two minute clip of this lady sort of reading the news and stuff like that, and I was like, she was all right, yeah, it's fine. I don't know what do you want me to pinpoint? And he goes, she doesn't exist, that person does not exist, Like what, So it's literally gotten to the point where it's not even a deep fake. However, I mean that stuff can now now be done. Say you were the founder of a website and you were wanting to address your people daily with some sort of morning whip, right, you could you could literally not be there. It could be a camera video of you just being well today, we're doing whatever it is you do in the morning. Yeah, but it's completely it's complete. Bs, it's complete, it's all fake.
Speaker 4: Well there you go. Well this has been your history lesson in Ai actually real. No.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was weird that a human could look like you, and you know, people not find it strange, but now it makes.
Speaker 1: Sense, especially with such a big penis. It's actually fake.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, big yeah. It just depends on your interpretation. Are big?
Speaker 1: I call it little pavlais. Anywayutes, before we talk about it, your little ute test, I wanted to talk about I'm going to see if I can. I wanted to talk about your impressions of the Ferrari Purer, stop interrupting, pure than Kiev. Wait wait wait, wait, wait, don't don't correct, don't try and jump over me. Wait racist the Ferrari Margareta wait wait wait hang on no, no, no, I'm only king around here the Ferrari.
Speaker 2: For those of you you that have no idea what god he's talking about, I think he's mentioning the Ferrari puro sungwere oh so sad that one more time pure Sungware pure somewhere.
Speaker 4: No, no, not pure Sandwich, puro Sungway Sandwich.
Speaker 2: Yes, this thing looks unreal, so how it Yeah, my friend elbows and colleague went over to Italy for the launch of this, and he said, it sounds incredible. So it's got a naturally aspirated V twelve petrol V twelve. It looks pretty good as well. Apparently the interior has a bit underwhelming, which is to be expected, but it just looks and sounds amazing and I love that. You know, Ferrari said they would never do an suv, but you know, here we are and they've sold out.
Speaker 4: For like four years or something.
Speaker 2: It's it's it has been absolutely crazy, And to me, it seems this has had more hype than the Lamborghini Urus. Urus is kind of just a platform share with you know, five other cars and Volkswagen group, whereas this feels like a bit of a bit more of a unique product.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, and I love the fact that they said they'll never do it and then when they did do it, they got it so right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, I just think that they have just nailed it. So I am keen to have a bit of a drive when it arrives in Australia to see what it's like. But yeah, I reckon they're on a winner with this, and it gives them a lot of scope in the future. They're working a lot of electrification and all that sort of stuff, and if they establish themselves as the premium fast suv player. I mean it feels like they've already murdered the Aston Martin DBX without even sort of doing much. So yeah, I think it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't mind the interior actually, I was sort of I'm surprised people found it underwhelming, but I mean, I guess they were expecting something as surprising as much as the exterior and performance of the car was.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I think it's I don't know.
Speaker 3: Ferrari.
Speaker 4: It's an interesting brand. It's actually a bit like Rolls.
Speaker 2: You can't buy a limited or new Ferrari unless you've owned other shitter Ferraris, so like for you to get I've already lost track of which ones they sell, but whatever the four eight eight replacement is, you need to kind of have a history with them. And for a vehicle like this, where it's so limited, they will be going to people that have already had an extensive history of Ferraris, and for you to actually get a limited edition Ferrari, there is like an unspoken rule about what you need to have owned previously. Lamba, on the other hand, is more a case of just you know, who's got cash on the day can come and get a Ferrari drama.
Speaker 1: You're some sort of an influencer, or wrap up by a Lamborghini. What about you pricing this ad?
Speaker 2: Some?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Did I hear?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Somewhere around a million dollars?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it really up there?
Speaker 4: Let me have a look. I actually don't know.
Speaker 2: I think Australia was Yeah, there we go seven hundred and twenty eight thousand.
Speaker 1: And yet sold out for four years?
Speaker 4: Did you say, yeah? Just insane to think that someone just seven hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think you'll be buying one anytime soon. If you're a little if your little locker behind your stolen from Sunshine Tafe is anything to go by with my Wooly's bag. Wuld you call that the billy?
Speaker 4: But billy, that's it, the Billy.
Speaker 1: We're not really going to do a car review this week. I mean I haven't really driven anything that set the world on fire.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I did have the G eight EV, which was like, yeah, I don't know how I feel about it. It's complicated, it looks nice. It was that fetching green with the sort of chestnut leather interior.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's still looks nice, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's nice. It's still looking at about god, how much was that? I think it was north of one forty Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is compromised because all of the battery equipment they've put in. It raises the height of the floor and it's impossible to sit in the back with your toes, and then in the front you sit really high as well. It's just a really awkward car to sit in.
Speaker 1: I love smooth Carter, heavy and smooth, Like wow.
Speaker 4: I did like that they fit the solar panels to the roof. I thought that was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a gimmicky. I would much rather a sun roof.
Speaker 4: Please, well, like, what's it.
Speaker 1: Going to do? Like, honestly, you would get in that lifetime, you'd get half Like if you banked all that up, you'd get maybe a what a full charge in eleven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's more to condition the car and run the cooling systems and stuff like that. But it sounds like it's not good enough for.
Speaker 1: Some not good enough for me. No, no, no, give me mych donic. Please give me mystnic. By the way, we found the best ute of the year. Jayes, you wasted a lot of time. I could have told you this before you started it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: So let me preface this by saying this is Australia's and perhaps even the world's most comprehensive ute test and it was quite satisfying when we we published the winner of our ute test and another website, Please.
Speaker 1: Do not men, no, do not get us in any more trouble. I run out of money for the month and I cannot pay another fucking lawyer. Okay.
Speaker 2: On the website also ran a ute test that was significantly undercooked in comparison, and in the comments section.
Speaker 4: Of the video, Let's said that they leave the ute testing to correct but I'm well, hey, it's obviously wasn't.
Speaker 2: Who was a knob from last week Dave melb forty six, Yeah, who called us morons?
Speaker 4: And you an idiot or something only I disagree with at least.
Speaker 1: Where's the lie.
Speaker 4: On the back?
Speaker 3: Dave Melbourne original.
Speaker 1: Day, Dave, you're a massive dickhead, but no offense. Thanks for pointing out the obvious shit.
Speaker 4: Ed But anyway, so yeah, we went into our ute test.
Speaker 2: We did this late last year and it was an eight day ute test, so it took a lot of work. Thirteen people involved. We had one guy who won a competition on our website, James young bloke, and then we had three other blow ins who also helped out. They got to stay at incredible accommodation. You should see the caravan park and anglesy that we used.
Speaker 4: It was it was.
Speaker 1: I was just about to say that, knowing you, you would have put these guys up in some spider filled bloody caravan park with old Donna Theres with a just really old flappy friggin polo shirt. Not a polo more of a more of a like a really sort of best and lass Pavlai Come under me Moomir.
Speaker 2: She did try and chuck a leg over one of the guys, but we sort of put an end to that pretty quickly. But this you test, So we did half of it at lang Lang and then the other half at another proving ground and Anglesey and we really put them through the ring of Anglesy was all about off road driving where we had three main tests. One was a roller test where we test attraction controls. We had an offset mogul as well, which was there to test four will drive systems. And then there's forty five forty five percent grade that was bloody steep and uneven that was testing low range and also differential locks. Then at lang Lang we did a range of testing. We did drag race. We also did a towing test where we actually use some pretty awesome equipment from Holden's old development days. So we used a trailer Dyne, which is basically a sixteen hundred kilo trailer, and inside the trailer it actually has the rear DIF assembly of an old commodore, but that DIF assembly is attached to a retarda that can add up to ten killing mutants of load to the trailer, so it simulates the vehicle driving up a very steep hill with a fully loaded trailer, and using that we're able to benchmark the cars against each other with a trailer dine setting at three killing Newtonts. We also used a hill road with a b get a sort of caravan style trailer to test what they were like. The hill road was interesting because there was a grade there. I think it was a fifteen percent grade. This thing was bloody steep and with a twenty five hundred kilo trailer, it was flat to the board in some of these utes and they were only just gaining speed And I find that slightly alarming because some of the utes are rated up to thirty five hundred kilos. We were a ton short of that, and you know, you just think to yourself, some of these utes you just wouldn't dream of toweling three and a half tons, And that was with one person in the car. Imagine loading the family in and getting it up to payload and GVM. So yeah, it's it's pretty pretty interesting. And the final test that we did was a dino test to see how efficient these drive lines were. So yeah, before we get to the main winner, our off road test, who do you think won.
Speaker 1: That ooh off road and I haven't seen these results.
Speaker 4: By the way, thank you for supporting us.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't listen to your radio show either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you listen to me? What did your podcast once in a while?
Speaker 4: An idiot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. The Izuzu.
Speaker 2: No, my actually did quite poorly because of the traction control being shit house. It was actually the Jeep Gladiator. Yeah, rear dif flock, front diff lock, disconnecting sway bars, like it is a proper, proper off road vehicle, and that it looks.
Speaker 1: Cool too, just honestly looks like a fucking gi joker, Like, yeah, exactly, like.
Speaker 2: You could flee an impending apocalypse in that thing, and I actually loved a Few years ago, I went to Seema and they had one that had had an Hellcat engine swap, so they took out the sort of asthmatic, naturally aspirated V six petrol engine and just dropped in a supercharged V eight, And I'm like, that would be extremely dangerous to drive.
Speaker 4: But I love it.
Speaker 1: I've got a whole bunch of utes coming up that we're going to be reviewing. I'm going to make sure that's at the top of the least, I want to like get that earlier, get that on the show earlier than we had planned, because yeah, I saw that. I it on Friday again and I was like, fuck, it's a long car, like it's a bit huge long car, and you know, just just weird things I sort of noticed. And maybe this is because you know, having trade like my dad being a trading and stuff. You look at a ude and one of the first things I think about is, you know how you're going to lock the back up and stuff. That thing just has like a canvas kind of cloth rolled up.
Speaker 2: Well it's even Betty. You can take the roof, the doors and the windscreen off. Yeah, so you can actually drive this thing around with no roof and doors and the windscreen folded down. It is like it's a pretty unreal package. Like this is unlike anything else out there.
Speaker 4: I think. I think it is a really cool setup.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's not on the road, by the way, that's off froud. You can do that, right, you can't, sure, you can't legal you.
Speaker 2: You just throw shit at people next to year fucker that wouldn't throw a banana at them, And then over on on our towing test RAM fifteen.
Speaker 4: It took that out.
Speaker 2: That thing is unreal, like it was towing without even recognizing there was a load on the rear that naturally aspirated.
Speaker 4: V eight is a beast.
Speaker 2: It's got a hybrid system in it as well, so it's not overly inefficient. One of the tests we actually did with the trailer, Dine was trying to break through one hundred k's an hour with it, because it got progressively harder as the car picked up speed. This thing just ripped through it like it wasn't even attached to the back of it. And compare that to the Nevara. The Navara took twenty nine seconds to get to ninety k's an hour and couldn't get to one hundred. The Ram got to one hundred in like six seconds or seven seconds, like.
Speaker 4: It was so so fast.
Speaker 1: Actually, you love this. I nearly I should have taken a photo of it. I saw Zuzuki jimney. Maybe this isn't mind blowing to you. It was to me, But I saw a Zuzuki jimney towing a caravan.
Speaker 4: Oh that's dumb and dangerous.
Speaker 1: It was quite a small sort of a caravan, but I was still and you know, it was a new modern fiberglass looking thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, God, I wouldn't tell anything with the jymney, stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, hang on is that because it was sort of parked and I thought, is that attached to the to the jymney? Generally when you park, you know, you hoisted up on the on the wheel and stuff like that. Holy shit, it's still there, like it's still on.
Speaker 2: You should have got a photo because unless it's turbocharged or something, maybe it's modified in some way, who knows, But that's not a great idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a weirdesting idea.
Speaker 2: We actually broke a raptor. So this is the very frustrating thing. This happened in end of November last year. They had to swap out the Raptor because it started developing a drive line wine and I've been chasing them for an explanation on why it's happened, and they're.
Speaker 4: Being a little bit cagu with it.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to push them a little harder because at this stage it's starting to irritate me and I think we're going to end up doing a separate story on that, because yeah, we did a lot of dynamic testing with the Raptor, and then after the towing test, it started making some funny noises from the differential and we called them up and said, hey, there's like a wine and a rattle coming from the div can you come and replace this thing? So they replaced it before we were finished doing the toe testing. So yeah, maybe in a future episode I'll update everyone on what happened with that, because not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did a lot.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 1: There were a few problems with the Raptor. Yours is going fine, though, I mean you you just drive it to the milk bar, show off, show off a little PAVL and get back in.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to just very quickly jump to one side here and just talk about this. I'm going to call him a fuck knuckle who ran into the back of my Okay, I'm going to call him a fucker.
Speaker 1: No, I think you got it at fuck knuckle. That's fine. By the way, we've stopped censoring the show by my request.
Speaker 2: So Dave Melb Yeah, so yeah, he I'm waiting at this intersection and he just I could see he was about to hit me, and he just ran into the back of me and shunted my car forward, and I'm like, fuck is this guy doing?
Speaker 4: And I look up in my mirror and him and his dipshit friend were in there going, oh you know what happened?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I pulled out from this intersection. I turned left and stop, and he turns right and leaves, and I'm like, no fucking way, you're getting away from me. So I fortunately there was this giant curve with like a median strip on it. I drove straight over that and followed him. I knew the area well, so I went down a side street and he popped out in front of me, and I chased him at the speed limit and caught up to him. And he got out of the carr and shit himself because he thought he got away from me. And I said, well, I was a little bit upset, but I said, you just no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, no no no.
Speaker 1: You got out of that car and you chase this guy down in hot pursuit, Paul. We need some like hot pursuit music. There's Paul. He's going on hot Pursuit. Jumps out of the car and you said, and.
Speaker 2: I said, you just hit my car or something to that effect, and he goes on anti climax.
Speaker 1: No you didn't, you swore at him.
Speaker 2: Tell me what you really said. I don't want to say that. Anyway, He goes, I didn't know I hit you. I'm like, well, you you shunted.
Speaker 4: My car forward.
Speaker 2: Your car's ab would have been going off because it was a new car as well. And I took a photo of the front of his car back of mine. He gets his license out, and he tried to cover up, like with his finger when I took a photo, and thankfully my phone took a live photo, so I got the shot with his name and stuff just before he covered it up.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this guy is so frigging dodgy.
Speaker 2: So anyway, thankfully I got insurance to get it all fixed and he's up for the cost and yeah, but anyway, so back to our ut test.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, wait, but doesn't that irritate you, because really it's just it pisces.
Speaker 2: Me off to knowing because it's a brand new car and this idiot just isn't watching and then runs into the back of it, and I totally get accidents happened, even if I thought I may have hit them.
Speaker 4: And the thing is he was driving a six five and where he hit me, you would see your bonnet is under my car, like it went under the bumper bar, so you wouldn't You would know that you hit it, even if you thought you may not have, and you saw that I pulled over, surely you would pull over as well. I'm sorry, you know, you know I thought I made whatever, but then to try and get away from me, and clearly try and get away from me to then have me catch up to you. And I could see when I when I caught up to him that it was a bit shock that I was there. Yeah, I did just really shit me up the wall.
Speaker 1: So and also, is it weird driving around in your brand new raptor just knowing that it's just kind of been a bit dicked around.
Speaker 4: With Jerry has been popped. Yes, I'm going to all that forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Test and then drag race. We ended up drag racing all the cars head to head, wrapped to one that. But then we pulled out a TRX RAM fifteen hundred TIERERX and did that drag race rappor just loss to that. On our Dino test, Toytter Highlucks had the most efficient engine, so we basically measured flywheel versus power at the wheels so Highlucks won that by only something like eighteen percent drivetrain loss between the flywheel and the wheels, which is excellent. Some of the utes with the bigger tires had something like thirty or forty percent drive line loss, which is enormous, but that comes down two big tires sort of being inefficient.
Speaker 4: That gets us to our overall winner.
Speaker 2: Yes, and if you do want to check out some of these tests, head to car expert dot com today. You have got stacks of video content there as well. Our overall winner, unsurprisingly is the Ford Ranger and that is just both all variants four cylinder V six Rapptor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so congratulations to Ford for taking that test out.
Speaker 1: I love that. I said to you, of fair, I said which particular Ford Ranger in the portfolio one, and you just went all of them, all of them won.
Speaker 2: Its just easier, No, it's just easier to say to someone, Look, if you're going to buy you in the segment, the Ranger is the one you want to get.
Speaker 4: My pick would probably be the V six diesel.
Speaker 2: Because that did really well for towing, for the drag race, for engine efficiency, like it was a really good all rounder. Ye, but if you did have to settle for a four cylinder that was fine and did just as good, you know, with just slightly less punch than the V six.
Speaker 1: When I got to drive the wild Track, I fell in love with that car instantly. I thought it was and you know, I tried to put an order in and just like I was hoping the would kind of have no idea who you were. Yeah, No, it wasn't even that. It was more just like, mate, do everything legit. But I was kind of in my heart of hearts thinking they'd speed things up a little bit. After a little bit, it was like it's going to be in October, and I just went I pulled out. But it's such as it's yeah, I know, the story of my life. It's an exceptional car. Like it's just it's the absolute sweet spot in that whole range. Like the Sport's pretty good to me is fucking on steroids and pointless and you know, unless you want to try and compensate for little Pavlois. But yeah, the wild Track is a car you can just jump in and you just automatically feel like you could go from one end of Australia to the other comfortably the tech and it's great.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you as well. I was shocked at how bad the Raptor wasn't stopping from one hundred. We measured it for each of the utes and the best was I think either the Ram or the Highlux. The Raptor took almost ten meters longer to stop because of the tires, is a huge, huge amount of extra stopping distance.
Speaker 4: So that wasn't fantastic.
Speaker 1: Where did the RAM lose out? Because I feel like that ticked a lot of boxes.
Speaker 2: Look, the RAM lost out during towing. It was a little inefficient, it was off road. A lot of the stuff was optional, so you had to option limited slip, differential, rear diff lock.
Speaker 4: There was no hill descend control.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's just a lot of the stuff really should have been standard was optional, so it just lost out a little bit here and there. But yeah, the Ram is really a really fine dual cab and you can see why they're so popular in the States and as much as people want to hate them here in Australia, you know they really are just an all round it.
Speaker 4: What do you make it?
Speaker 1: The everest, because you'd think it's going to be a similar car. Like by similar standards, you'd go, well, you know, as an SUV goes, surely that would live up to the performance of say a Ranger. But it really to me there's something missing about it.
Speaker 2: Look, I like the Everest in V six trim. I would like to see them do a Raptor version of it. But yeah, look, I like the Everest. I think it's a good good SUV, especially if you do want to go off road. If you don't want to go off road, I just wouldn't be buying any of that stuff unless you're towing and going off road because it is a big SUV that is unnecessarily big if you're not using it for any of those tools.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's not great. Really like it myself, but by comparison, if you kind of go the Rangers, like the best UT in Australia, this is similar in a lot of ways. Would this be the best SUV?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, it won't be the best SUV simply because they're all different. But it's the best SUV and it's segment, and if you look at it segment, there's not really a great deal of inspiring things happening there. But that'll all change when Prato gets a new engine. I suspect they'll drop a V six in Prato and just give it a bit of love and that'll really shake things up a little bit for that segment.
Speaker 4: So congratulations to.
Speaker 1: Ford, Congratulations to Forward. Didn't you pick well? Yeah, yep, yep, I picked really well, didn't you What a coincidence?
Speaker 4: No, it's actually funny.
Speaker 2: A lot of people did ask us if it was sponsored by Ford and all that sort of stuff. But the perfect irony is that, I think I've said this before that when it comes to advertising clients with our website, I've actually spent more money with four than they've spent with me with us, which is quite funny.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that that theory goes straight out the window.
Speaker 1: So we're going to be finally in the same studio next next episode, so please look out for that. I have a little surprise browing away for you. By the way, watch out, yesout. I have a great little surprise, very tru hoping I can pull a few things together, few strings, make a few calls, and looks like it's well on its a way.
Speaker 2: Interesting interesting as always, if you are listening to this, please leave us a rating on whichever platform you're listening on, and it takes like ten seconds, So you just go into the platform.
Speaker 4: You're on, hit follow and leave a rating. It would be massively helpful.
Speaker 2: Leave us a funny comment there as well, and also get in touch with us on social slash emails contact Atthedriversshow dot com today.
Speaker 1: You it's two s's by the way, two S is in that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh by the way, just again, earlier I mentioned the other website that we did a better job at the test on our YouTube channel is about to become Australia's biggest automotive review channel.
Speaker 1: The driver Show dot com dot you with one video No.
Speaker 2: Car Expert is about to overtake a channel that has a name talks about what you do in a car.
Speaker 1: You pawn.
Speaker 2: When you put it into what's it's park, reverse, Neutral, what's the last one?
Speaker 1: Cruise control?
Speaker 2: No, it's that channel. We're about to overtake them. So good job guys, but yeah, thanks for trying.
Speaker 1: Just going through the d MS. Hey, big shout out too. I don't I won't say her real name, but her handle is big shout out to missus prestige cars. She said, big fan of the show. Love this, she loved the stoning chat and zippy economical ha ha ha. Can I join the team? Sounds like you need a couple of girls, too much testosterone, and I said, agreed, see what I can do. Although Paul has a lovely sheeness.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I'm just concerned about a woman being near you, like in a room.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I've cleared that with my parole office. So we're good now. Someone said, as a text to go trev Is on ACA, and I just wrote, is he's stealing Telly's again?
Speaker 4: Dealing Telly's again?
Speaker 2: We've got to follow up from Michael, who contacted us a while back. You remember with the dealer delivery feast.
Speaker 1: Oh that guy?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sorry, oh yeah, that guy.
Speaker 4: So I'll just quickly read it out.
Speaker 2: It's a longish email, he wrote, I picked up my Genesis GV seventy Diesel Sport.
Speaker 4: And Luxury pack plus Matt Paint.
Speaker 1: Wait sorry, chat GPT, can you summarize Michael's long, pointless, boring email into one sentence?
Speaker 3: Still?
Speaker 1: Can't do it?
Speaker 2: So he said, I picked up my GV seventy Diesel Sport luxury pack plus Matte paint Melbourne gray with red Sevilla interior. Around three weeks ago, he said, I stand corrected. The dealer delivery fee was three thousand dollars during the eleven month waiting period. Wow, there was a rise of around three grand annoying, but I wasn't prepared to join another waiting list, so.
Speaker 4: Stuck with it. It's a bit shit that they've passed that on to him.
Speaker 2: I don't love that, and I was only given a verbal price after phoning up Genesis when I got wind of it. I did not receive the new invoice till a few days prior to picking it up, which showed the breakdowns.
Speaker 4: Disappointing.
Speaker 2: So regarding my delivery experience for the three K, Genesis was able to deliver my car anywhere as part of the dealer delivery fee, but I chose to collect it myself at Paramatta, only leave one and a half hours away, and wanted the full customer experience. Also like to check the defects before taking delivery.
Speaker 4: Good idea, he wrote.
Speaker 2: Upon entering the showroom there was a congratulations sign with my name on it and the car concealed under a cover.
Speaker 1: Nice yeah, three grand.
Speaker 2: It was hard waiting for the big reveal as I'd never seen a GV seventy in the flesh before, and I chose to rely on reviews from experts such as yourself, referring to Paul here Champ just what.
Speaker 1: He said, Champ, No that was you're just chucking that in okay, thanks, thanks Tiger.
Speaker 2: Consumer Reports and looking for potentially she's reported on car owner forums. So the salesman spent well over an hour talking him through the features. He got a gift of a Genesis branded water bottle, traveling coffee container and key ring, a gift basket of edible items. So he said he was impressive the Deally delivery experience, but still can't see why the dealer delivery fees so high even with stuff happening in the back end. I don't see so yeah. The email goes on to say he's happy with the car, so yeah. And also he then mentioned right at the end off topic. Now, but in your last podcast you raised as to whether there is an issue in buying Chinese cars. Google the Sky News article how Australian data hovering cha hoovering. I think Chinese made cars should be secretly sending their private data to the communist nation.
Speaker 4: I think I actually helped them with that story.
Speaker 2: Companies in China need to have a relationship with the CCP and a whole bunch of stuff there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, sorry, we're just getting a message come through from Peter Jackson. He just wants to make that email into a three part series. By the way, one of the dms we got was from John He said we didn't answer the second half of his question, which was do you think whether we think ice cars will depreciate quicker with the update of EV's and fans, etc.
Speaker 2: I think maybe one day it will, but I actually think the opposite because the issue they still have with EV's and we're seeing this now on the secondhand Tesla market, they're depreciating very quickly now that there's a stack of stock available. You don't want to be buying a secondhand EV with the battery of unknown capacity left like it's especially if it's not completely discounted. And we spoke last week about the depreciation of Polestar and other sort of EV brands in terms of their guaranteed financial future plans whatever they're called.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that, yes, ice cars will continue depreciating obviously once EV's sort of hit their stride, But I think that EV's have their own problems at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think we're a long way off from that too. Even the basic things like EV's are still bloody expensive, especially in this country. The foundations aren't really up to scratch where they should be at this point stock wise as well. And also, actually, did you this is an interesting one, did you say, Marcus Brownley Markez, Yeah, yeah, and he said that there was. Tesla had opened their charging to pretty much everyone.
Speaker 2: So they've opened part of their charging network as a trial to any ev.
Speaker 4: Look, it's great news for Eve owners because.
Speaker 2: Typically Tesla's charging network is excellent and functional. The downside is that it means that if you do own a Tesla, that whole uniqueness of having access to a working charger will slowly evaporate when it is busy, and we've seen that over the holidays and stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it look good for Tesla's shareholders, but I think it's a bad thing for Tesla's customers. Not a fan, No, well, why would you want it?
Speaker 2: Like it's great if you don't own a Tesla and it's great for those manufacturers because they can go develop an EV and just not bother with the charging network and just leave it all to Tesla.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting spot to be in when you are kind of relying on Tesla to put in these superchargers in because they're what they're putting in is quality. It's excellent.
Speaker 4: It works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it works, and which is good. The text stuff is, like you've said before, if something sucks up on it, it's generally quickly fixed. Compared to say charge Fox that is just an absolute nightmare. Yeah, it's a spot to be and when you're kind of going, well, I'm going to get an EV, but I'll just have to rely on Tesla charging.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I don't know, we'll see Paul started crying.
Speaker 1: Jesus by the way, Paul's this isn't this is just going to be an audio only episode unfortunately, because Paul doesn't even realize he's not even talking to a microphone. It's actually a big black dildo of some description microscope that is not a microphone, mate, it's.
Speaker 2: A Yetti USB blue blue YETI it's literally a prosthetic fixed.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you all for listening. Please leave us a rating.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think the campaign for getting Trevor to host is slightly building momentum.
Speaker 1: Slowly, go fuck yourself,