Speaker 1: I heard podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Are you ready with Brittle and Laura Ben Radio?
Speaker 3: What our windows down?
Speaker 4: That's my world?
Speaker 3: Risen the dust? Only goods that duggle down. I don't much, but yeah I'm not. I'll big get and what I want. It don't matter where. This is the Picker. Happy Monday everyone.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Pickup with Brit Hockey.
Speaker 3: And Laura Be and you've lost it. I just was reading an article.
Speaker 1: I had my hands on the weekend.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about it.
Speaker 1: But an article literally just popped up about my hands.
Speaker 3: And I was reading it and it says.
Speaker 4: She brandished a glass of Bubbly as she posed on the boat with a.
Speaker 3: Gaggle of her girlfriends. I'm sorry a week geese? What are we? Who writes these articles?
Speaker 1: A gaggle of girlfriends joins the fun.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I can't wait to unpack it. Just so you do know, as Brit said, it was her hens partner.
Speaker 3: Was it loose? We'll tell you all about it coming up very soon. Were there geese on board? Apparently? Who knows? We'll unpack it. The mystery that was There's also something.
Speaker 2: That's very funny that I saw just on news before we started the show, and that is did you see the guy who tried to shimmy onto.
Speaker 3: A cruise ship? Okay, so if you haven't seen this, there's an article that's going around at the moment.
Speaker 2: This dude in Sydney tried to climb the rope of a cruise ship onto the cruise ship.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he was doing. I don't know why he.
Speaker 2: Was doing it, but he was trying to get inside. I have listened to this spider.
Speaker 5: Man, Spider friendly need or good spider Man.
Speaker 4: Who is this?
Speaker 1: Well done for not losing the pongs, mate, that's a big effort.
Speaker 2: This is just some dude who's decided he wanted to try and board the cruise ship by going on the rope that anchors it to the dock.
Speaker 4: Do you think he was trying to illegally get on there, or do you think he was a stuntman? Or do you think that he is actually just a guest on the boat that was left behind and the boat was about to lease.
Speaker 1: He was like, I don't know how to get on, and he just thought he'd spine him in Up.
Speaker 2: I think he was just really into cruise ships and he wanted a free cruise.
Speaker 3: He was just trying to get on. He had nothing with him. He could have been a guest that the gates are closed. But that's aggress here trying to.
Speaker 4: Go all right, that's enough out of you, gagglet.
Speaker 2: We had a very big weekend on Saturday, me being extremely heavily pregnant and you being pretty much sober these days. It was your Hen's party, and whoa did it go off?
Speaker 1: It was the time has finally come. Who would have thunk it.
Speaker 2: One step closer to being missus Segres with your gaggle of gals out on the boat.
Speaker 3: In the harbor.
Speaker 2: But look, I have to say, I know that I'm pregnant, so I'm not drinking at the moment.
Speaker 3: But it was a particularly tame Hens party.
Speaker 4: It was, but I expected it to be tame, so I'm not that age matters.
Speaker 1: I am soon to be thirty eight.
Speaker 3: I am late to the party for the marriage party. Though I don't think thirty eight is old to be getting married.
Speaker 1: It's not old to be getting married.
Speaker 4: But what it means is the era that you're in is the era that most of your friends are then in of pregnancy or breastfeeding or whatever it is, because like mid to late thirties, that's when that stuff is happening. So like whilst I'm just kicking off, half of them were either pregnant or breastfeeding.
Speaker 2: There was two pregnant women on the boat, and I do not recommend being pregnant and getting on a boat. It's very hard having morning sickness and being on a moving boat with everyone drinking.
Speaker 4: And my sister was she was like sending it, but she was also off to the corner pumping milk as well.
Speaker 3: She's got a baby.
Speaker 1: She's like, she's gotta go pup my boob's gonna explain.
Speaker 3: It was so funny.
Speaker 1: I have this one video of her over in the.
Speaker 4: Corner, these two pumps on both bibs, but she's like rocking out from the corner.
Speaker 3: She was expressing.
Speaker 1: But that's a part of it.
Speaker 4: That's the era that we're in, and I am so happy with that.
Speaker 1: I'm not a huge partier.
Speaker 4: For me, the ideal hands is like to kick start at eleven, go hard till two, slippery, slope downwards till five, quick little dinner.
Speaker 2: At six having do you know what, I think we Okay, not that we went wrong, but I think that we kind of structured it a little bit more for people who were like really on the booze train, because at eight pm we had a limo that came and picked us up, and this was like, you know the party limos, the limos that you get to your year twelve formal that have like the lights on the ceiling, the pulsating music, like it's a.
Speaker 3: Vibe and if you've had a waste, if you've had a few drinks, it is a vibe.
Speaker 2: If you were stone cold sober at eight a eight pm getting in a limo that's pumping what was it, Taylor Swift songs, It's it's a different experience.
Speaker 4: You're dancing and you're singing along, but it hits different when you're sober to when you're off your chop.
Speaker 3: I have a question for you. Though.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of conversations back and forth. We even talked about on the show strippers at Hens Parties. Now, you had made it very clear that unless we could get the Channing Tatum look like you didn't.
Speaker 3: Want to stripper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hot chanting Tatum will two point zero.
Speaker 3: Go find him on Instagram. He's very good looking, looks identical Channing Tatum. We couldn't get him, he's not in the country, as.
Speaker 2: Much as we tried our absolutely hard, as he's simply not available.
Speaker 1: No, my fiance Ben told me he booked him out for the entire month.
Speaker 2: Did you feel as though, now, looking back, you wish you had a stripper?
Speaker 3: Are you glad that there was no striper?
Speaker 1: I'm happy it was too much for pause. I was like, this could get me a new trouble. No, it would have been fun, but it was.
Speaker 4: It was stripper Channing will or no one like. I was never gonna just have You don't have a strip of the sake of having a striper, you do?
Speaker 3: I think for the sake of having us. What's the what's your sake there?
Speaker 4: Well, Channing Tatum used to be my hall pass, so having Channing tat two point.
Speaker 1: Zero strip would have just been funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: True, But I would have loved to striper there, to see like Channing there, to see you guys with him. I don't want a lap dance. I don't want to see it, but I would have loved to have seen the pregnant Momers getting up in the grill like I would have loved to have seen.
Speaker 3: That, Grace. Is it too late for us just to organize it when he's back from tour.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to come into the studio just a lap dance because she missed out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we couldn't.
Speaker 4: We couldn't make it happen, not having a sober radio at three pm afternoon.
Speaker 2: Only if you get it to be fair, I'll go tribute.
Speaker 4: If you, I'll take it for Laura goes home to her husband Matt.
Speaker 1: She's like, well, Matt, you'll never leave what I had to.
Speaker 3: Do at radio today.
Speaker 2: The thing that's different though, about your hands bre it is like you're sober by choice. You've had like this existential moment in life where you've decided to stop drinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not completely sober, but I've had three drinks this year, which just where the world's taking me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine's also by choice.
Speaker 2: I've also had about three drinks this year, but it wouldn't normally be it's only because I'm up the duff, so, like you know, it's a change in situations for me.
Speaker 4: No, and just to really like double down and set the scene here, so you know who I am at my court. To kick off the hens, I organized a tarot reading, like for.
Speaker 1: People, That's what I did. That's that's what gets me going. I love the taro reader.
Speaker 2: What this is how you and men get things going in the night time. You're like, read me my fortune. He's like, give me a palm and okay. Was there anything that came from the tarot reading that was a revelation for someone who is very soon to be married.
Speaker 4: She did say that someone was gonna stab me in the back, which I found interesting because I thought they were only supposed to really positive.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it was supposed to be like these glowing reviews. But daggers kept coming up.
Speaker 4: So daggers would come up in the cards that she would pull, and daggers would come up in the visualizations we were doing, because we did a bunch of different stuff.
Speaker 2: Did she say anything positive about the wedding, We're just daggers.
Speaker 1: No, wedding didn't come up.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of knives, a lot of sword fights, So I don't know what to do with that.
Speaker 4: I might spend a little bit more time doing some research on the old sword fight but no, she did say I was a very lucky person. The last cards that got pulled, she said. She ended with a positive like, whilst I may have a knife in my back, she said, I'm a very lucky person and a lot of good things are going to come my way.
Speaker 1: So I'll hold on to that.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking about plastic surgery, which there's a couple of reasons for this.
Speaker 3: Firstly, do you know who Jamie Lee Curtis is? Yes?
Speaker 2: Everyone does, right, So Jamie Lee Curtis has come out recently and she spoke about very candidly about how she'd had plastic surgery in her early twenties. However, it was very refreshing to hear her talk about this because she didn't speak about it in terms of like having a positive outcome. She spoke about her regrets around plastic surgery.
Speaker 3: Have listened to this and.
Speaker 5: Was like, yeah, I'm not shooting her today. Her eyes are baggy and I was twenty five. For him to say that was very embarrassing. So as soon as the movie finished, I ended up having some plastic surgery.
Speaker 1: How did that go?
Speaker 5: Not? Well, that's just not what you want to do when you're twenty five or twenty six, and I regretted it immediately and have kind of sort of regretted it since even now. Way so now because I've become a really public advocate to say to women, you're gorgeous and you're perfect the way you are, so oh yeah, it was not a good thing for me to do.
Speaker 4: This is really tricky because no one should ever be felt or forced into getting plastic surgery. I can't imagine what it's like at twenty five years old to have someone say you are not even good enough for me to shoot today.
Speaker 1: Change your face.
Speaker 2: But they didn't say that that's the thing, right, They didn't say change your face. They just said, oh, you've got to like, you look too tired, your eyebags are too bad.
Speaker 3: I'm not shooting you today.
Speaker 1: Is this subliminal message. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: But I really related to this because after I came out of the whole Bachelor, like that whole thing, which was like, you know, eight years ago, now the Bachelor finish, You're spat out into the world after being on a reality TV show, and the amount of negative feedback you received from people who comment on things on social media was just not something that I was mentally prepared for at all, and people would say things about the way that I looked, which were things that I had never not liked about myself, Like I would have people talk about my nose, or people talk about like saying that I was looked older than mad, like things that I just had never even for one second looked in the mirror and disliked about myself. And then I found myself looking in the mirror and critiquing all these things that I started to hate about myself because of the things that have been said. There are so many times where I would lay in bed and I would look at before and afters if people who had had nose jobs, which is crazy now to think that I my brain went down that route. But the reason why I want to talk about this is because I do feel like having celebrities who haven't been happy with the outcome is kind of the antidote for the world that we're in at the moment, where all we see is the success stories around plastic surgery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think the difference here is we need younger celebrities to be having those conversations. I love that Jamie Luke Curtis is having it, but she's sixty six and she got the plastic.
Speaker 1: Surgery at twenty five.
Speaker 4: No other twenty five year olds are going to listen to that, unfortunately, I think and say, oh, she's right, we'll regret this. It's like you need other young celebrities to come out and admit they've done it and say maybe that they wish they didn't do it, because I think we're then showing people like Chris Jenna, who we did just mention has she's in her sixties. She just unveiled her new face like she's had a face lift to be fair, looks incredible, like she looks so young and youthful again. And then that pushes and reinforces the point of we shouldn't be aging gracefully. Like if these people that are successful women that are a bit older are in the public eye, it's sort of reinforcing, oh my god, she's taking years off her.
Speaker 2: She's totally But also like this whole new trend of like unveiling your new face like normal, but it's not just like people who are in their sixties who are doing it.
Speaker 3: It's not Chris Jenner's.
Speaker 2: It's like the Lindsay Lowens, you know, all of a sudden one day popping up and looking fifteen years younger than what you did several months earlier. Don't get me wrong, I see those photos as well. Like I remember when Lindsay Lowen first came out and I was like, Wow, I don't know who her surgeon is, but I want to find them that I want to book myself in.
Speaker 1: I did find them in Dubai.
Speaker 4: I found them, really, Yes, I know exactly where they I haven't gone there, but I'm stucking that one away.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I'm immune to this at all, but I do think that the more that you see these success stories, all it does is reinforces this kind of this mentality that it's accessible and that it's something that we should potentially look at doing.
Speaker 4: I personally do not have an issue with plastic surgery, and I don't have an issue with anyone having it. I've always said that I think it's absolutely fine. I just think the conversation needs to start become publicly more balanced.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's more honest, That's what I think.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: More exposure, more rawness, more openness.
Speaker 4: And that's from the everyday people and from celebrities, Because every celebrity most of them won't admit to what they've done until later in life, but they don't want to be known for their beauty being fake when they're younger, and so once that conversation flips and becomes more balanced, I think it's fine.
Speaker 3: I agree with you completely, Brit.
Speaker 2: But in saying that, you know Chris Jenna quote unquote unveiltun you face, so is Lindsay Lowen. But no one talks about what the steps are in order to achieve that. No one talks about the surgery. No one talks about the recovery process. And it's very few people who are in the media Lime Ladder who are celebrities who actually show what it is like to go through this process, because it is not pretty and it is incredibly grueling, not only as expensive, but it is such a major surgery, some of these cosmetic surgeries, and I think that that's just completely brushed under.
Speaker 3: The carpet as part of it.
Speaker 2: Britt, are you somebody who gets road rage, like on a scale of one to rage, where do you sit?
Speaker 4: I'm probably too under raging. I do get road rage, yes, but only when it's warranted, not unnecessarily. If you put me off if you did drive dangerously, you're going to know about it.
Speaker 2: I have vague memories of one of our friends telling me a story about you, like hanging out a window screaming at.
Speaker 3: A man with your finger.
Speaker 1: Deserved it, jerk off, he deserved it.
Speaker 3: He deserved it. I see.
Speaker 2: I feel like when you're in a car, the car becomes like your safe bubble. Oh you walk the door, and people who are like normally calm and pleasant in normal life become insane. I've told you guys a story before about how I yelled at a man in a car park through my window with my kids and.
Speaker 3: My mother and my mother in law in the car.
Speaker 2: Wasn't proud of it, but I will admit that sometimes road rage gets the better of me. But I would say, like, since becoming a mum, I'm much better at metering when I am annoyed by something like I don't swear around my kids, even though I would swear normally in my normal life. I know when I need to be mum appropriate.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Also, I think, so, We're in the car the other day and the woman who was directly in front of me, who was driving, she was like oncoming traffic, but there was roadworks on the road. She pulled over to the side, but she hadn't pulled over far enough for me to be able to get my car passed anyway.
Speaker 3: She was then distracted.
Speaker 2: I think she might have been on a phone or she was doing something with the radio, but she was not paying attention to the fact that I could not get through. So we were both just kind of standing there, like in our cars playing a game of Chicken, waiting for the other person to do something. And so I mumbled something under my breath, and I've got Marley and Lola in the back seat, so Marley's five lollas four and.
Speaker 3: Mally says like, Mommy, what's going on?
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, just this woman's not moving a car, so we can't go, and she goes we just why don't you bip her? And I was like, I'm not going to bip her. She'll figure it out in a second. We're also basically on my home street.
Speaker 3: So I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Like, when if you not wanted to beat someone you love.
Speaker 3: A bet you're a beeper.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to beat someone on my street, Like entering near my house could be a neighbor anyway, so I was like, well, wait, we weren't in a rush. It's a Saturday, We're having a leisuredly day. I wasn't angry about it. I did mumble something about her not being able to though.
Speaker 3: Anyway. A couple of minutes past, she finally realizes.
Speaker 2: She moves it card to the side, and I was like, for God's sakes, as I.
Speaker 3: Pull around her and Lola in the back seat goes, don't worry, mummy, I stuck my rude finger up at her. I was like, sorry, what she's four? I was like, what did you do? And she goes, I stuck my finger up hurt her, And I was like, why did you do that?
Speaker 1: Does she know the right finger?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's she's all over it. She's all over it, savage. And I was like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sweety, why did you do that? And she goes, because that's what you do, That's what you would do. And I was like, I don't stick my finger up at people. Not only did she perfectly like she remembers every single time in recent times that I've done that. She was like, remember the time that we were driving to Arnie Alex's house, you stuck your finger up at the black car.
Speaker 3: Remember when we were going to this place at this time, She's like, you stuck your finger up at the blue car.
Speaker 2: She remembered everything that I had done and just hadn't said anything at the time.
Speaker 1: Is she like rain Man?
Speaker 3: Probably? But what is okay?
Speaker 1: You need to rein it in.
Speaker 3: I didn't know I was doing it.
Speaker 4: I told you you love a beep, You love a beep, you love a little slipped finger.
Speaker 3: I think it's not a beep.
Speaker 2: I think I just thought that not verbalizing it and just sticking a finger up was like a calmer way of doing it.
Speaker 4: But she also knows, like she reads the situation. Now, that's the problem. She uses it at the right time, like some people don't know what it means and when to use it. But as a four year old, she has like interpreted that situation that this is the crucial time just to give your.
Speaker 3: Name with the finger.
Speaker 2: Imagine driving pass after doing something like a bit shitty and you're driving and.
Speaker 3: The four year old in the back seat sticks their finger up.
Speaker 4: Well, guess who's not getting invited to the street Christmas party this year?
Speaker 2: Laura's Lola.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, look guys, that's it. From US