Speaker 1: Oh, good Eye Legends. We are back for twenty twenty four season three. We're launching the pod starting now. It's gonna be an epic episode. We're starting the year off strong. We've got the off season shrip. What the hell have been up to Brighton's dating life? Also a lot of people want to updates Brighton. We've also got trade period stuff. And then you wouldn't believe it. While we were gone, we went to a festival beyond the Valley, did a whole live show. It was a thing. We'll tell you all about it all in this episode coming up, and you best believe it. We're coming at you weekly every Tuesday, so set your calendars, ladies and gentlemen. Season three starts now. Wowie, it is good to be back for season three of the podcast. Brighton Cox, Huh, it is great to welcome you back to the show.
Speaker 2: Let's go good a Mason as per usual, Old Da Habits Die Hard. You're late again to another record, so that's been great. But tell us where you've been what you've been up to, because I'll cut it short. I've been up to nothing, just working as per usual, so not a lot has changed there. What have you been up to because I it's probably easier to just say what you haven't done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because looking at.
Speaker 2: The list here, you have been to every sport around the globe. Tell us what you've been up to.
Speaker 1: I've one f one, NBA, NFL, NHL live golf over in Miami, which is a wild time where you broke a stage with Fisher performing in a weekend. That's a whole story with it itself we'll get into. But awesome time did a bunch of sport and everything else. Brotherly got married to Win, celebrated with them for a bit. The marriage that has already occurred that I missed because of forty season.
Speaker 2: You rocked up for the celebration.
Speaker 1: The celebrations right, and then mom and dad had their fortieth wedding anniversary. Shout out to mom and dad. We love the mom and Dad's on this podcast. And yeah, just traveled the world man that was at the Australian Open. And then Tom Brady was around, so I said hi to him. And it's been a bit on Braiden, been here, there and everywhere, but in a good way.
Speaker 2: Is it does any cashis come out when it's when the sports season in Melbourne or no.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, the cash just falls off a cliff after I'm done with footy and then it's more experiences I'm given, which is awesome. I still love it. It's insane, right, like to meet these people that you know are legends of the game. Why people like Tom Brady is the gross of all time whenever it comes to NFL. Right, Like, to meet these kind of people and be interacting with them and just to be part of this experience. I just never thought my life would really happen, So it kind of makes you pinch yourself of like, what in the world is my life now.
Speaker 2: I did see someone mention I get the height thing when you're standing next to Tom Brady and he just looks like a normal dude because you're towering over him. I get like a little bit of the attraction for the tall guys out there. It made sense, But let's dive into some of them, because you just touched on all of them. But you went over there.
Speaker 1: Vegas one one inaugural Formula one in Vegas, tell.
Speaker 2: Us about the experience because you went with your brother, who gets to just chain along. He's on your coattails.
Speaker 1: He's like, as soon as you get to miss his own to be the most pissed off person in the world because all my plus one privileges just go out the windows. He's waiting for that day and it's not gonna be a great one. But we did go to the f one we had KO helped us out with. That got us some like media passes. We weren't really sure what these media passes, you know, would get us access to it, and didn't give any information where we had picked them up. So it's the first time, right, So with the first time with anything, no one's really one hundred percent sure what's going on. So we kind of made this agreeance between my brother and I that we just had to do everything with the utmost confidence, walk head first into things, don't make eye contact with anyone, just act like you're supposed to be there, right, And that got us a good standing because we at one point we're on pit Lane, there was no one else there. We had a dinky iPhone acting like we're a media filming content and we were rolling around like looking like we're doing shoies in front of Daniel Ricardo's garage and we were rolling around this whole place and we're you know, Chetting, Oscar Pastree and all these other people are part of the F one and James Corden comes up and says hi, and yeah, then you got you know, Gordon Ramsay comes and says, hogs us in Melbourne shooting food Stars is about to come out. Whole thing and it was just a crazy experience for a weekend of like all access to an F one in Vegas, and you can imagine there was a little bit of partying here and there. Maybe I don't know, but maybe a beer two right, maybe it's Vegas, right. Yeah. It was a good time though, and it was epic, man like I love the F once coming to Melbourne here soon obviously for the for the race, and it was just so cool. It's just like the entertainment capital of the world and there was that many DJs and everything else playing and it was just it was insane, like one of the nts. Yes, I didn't go to sleep, I will admit it.
Speaker 2: Because they had that thing where they had to shut it down because of the manhole cost.
Speaker 1: And it tore a part of Ferrari. This is a digital drama behind that and having to fix it asap and then then Max Versapan got you know, penalty and he fell behind. This It was a it was an amazing weekend, right, everything you could ask for from like stories and headlines and everything else awesome, so much fun stuff.
Speaker 2: So always kicking off in the f ones and then you rolled over to the NHL.
Speaker 1: Well, I did the NFL and the NHL on the same day. NHL I did it night, and NFL we did during the day. So we did the Chargers during the day at like one o'clock and then the NHL like six thirty or seven pm. So we did two in one day. So to stop over in LA about twenty four hours, go to two sports and then the next morning I flew back out to Australia.
Speaker 2: So you were on their social channels, weren't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so I reckon, that's crazy and that's.
Speaker 2: Two and two. Like you've been back here, you're on the LA Kings Socials. It was you went to the f ones in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, say, there was a puck drop in Melbourne before the Grand Final that I had to do. And the story is like it's the game final week, right, I've got plenty on They're like you could do a puck drop for the NHL. Right, they got this kind of international game they're doing. I was like, yeah, that sounds like fun. So I go there, I do this puck drop, and I kid you not. This is the week of the Grand Final, and as we know, everyone hates Collingwood players. So I've gone out there. We're in a grand final. Everyone's rooting again barri King against us. So I still get my turn and Algy I don't want to go down that. And I'm sitting here with the park and I walk out and I'm on this. You know, you're on the carpet, and I walked the wrong way. It's not like there's twenty thousand people there to tell me I'm a dumbass. Back the other way. Now, I shake someone's hand, acting like I was trying to be polite, but really I'm trying to figure out where the hell do code next? And you've got the I've got the park, I've got the thing to start the whole damn thing. Then the two players there, I'm like, okay, I think it's supposed to be hearing between them. And then I'm sitting there about to drop the pock and all I hear is is this echoing of you suck colorhood sucks, gift just going off on me and the two players who went to the prelimb because they got both the hockey teams the other the prelimb where we beat WS by point. They're like, AFL is the most insane sport I've ever heard. They loved it, and they kind of both looked at me, like, Jesus, this town really fucking hate you. So confused, so confused. It was a good time that now I got to see all those people again in LA got to go behind the scenes of Crypto Arena, which is insane, really cool. And the La rams looked after me too, which was sick.
Speaker 2: And now we're jumping all over the shit because this is this is here, there and everywhere. But let's go back to the U s a FL because you did that again, which you love doing, love doing.
Speaker 1: Love for me.
Speaker 2: What happened over there.
Speaker 1: My brother won another championship, so he's you know. The good thing is though now he can't say this one thing that's really pissed me off for the last few years. You're the only brother that's not a premiership player. So as soon as I won the premiership, that was one of the first things I said to him, I said, you can stop fucking saying.
Speaker 2: And then he got pissed off. Now he's pissed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's got He's got like six or seven now, so he's got a few up on me. I think there are medals are probably a little bit nicer.
Speaker 2: Surely he's getting closer to a time and you're giving him the nudge. Come on, mate, He's almost forty.
Speaker 1: He was thirty six now, so he's he's getting there. He's about to turn thirty seven. Yeah, he's married now. I think everything the time goes into the wife and hopefully the kid in the future. But yeah, USAFL is epic over there. And then we did the live golf and was hanging out with camp Smith and some connections over there, which is pretty cool and just epic. Like I'm not very good at golf, but the live golf was quite an experience. At one point I was hanging out in Trump's box. He wasn't there. Donald Trump wasn't there, don't get me wrong, But I was drinking his piss and eating his food. So I felt like my tax dollars I've spent over the last few years have gone to good use.
Speaker 2: Now that's good. You get it back, You get it all back. How many shoeies did you do in the States? I had to do it at least one if you didn't do one.
Speaker 1: I had a friend of mine he was he did a shoey in a sushi restaurant next to me, and he's like one of the calmest guys, and I was just like, this is the most disgusting, absurd but fitting thing with liftgolf's.
Speaker 2: A salmonella territory. Now we did well, we didn't. I saw from Afar the Australian Open this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon.
Speaker 2: It was one of the first ones I didn't get around to. But you made up for both of us. You were there every day in the crowd, you were interviewing people, you were you know, I was open flat out. What was your experience there?
Speaker 1: Well, I did it only eight days of the fifteen, so I did over half the days there and that's a lot. And I did this Saturday. The first Saturday is one of the best because there's like heaps of people, people from all over the world, and people come down from Sydney and across the country and everyone's there for this kind of spectacle, and there's still games outside on the outdoor courts, so you can see tennis without having to pay like the premium tickets. So a lot of people go there and you just see everyone. It's like a big kind of melting pot of people from all over and make a lot of friends and they ask good times and then the rest of it. You know, whenever you want a premiership, people have said things change in your life, and I started to realize that because then all of a sudden, it's like, oh, hey, yeah, you want a ticket to the to the game time you go to this that you know, and you're like, I might as well make the most of this if you're silly nuts here, right.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good combo of like, you know, you win the Grand Finals, so you get the free tickets, but also, you know, Djokovic, all those guys aren't in the finals. There's a few seats floating around, so you can get some of those. That's when you can really cash in because like some of those finals, the guys are like the corporate it's just you know, stuck around for a little bit and then shut off.
Speaker 1: Well it's a late night sometimes the other two games in night. There was once I had to leave early because it's three sets in. It's like ten thirty eleven o'clock at night, and they're like, this is going to go for another couple of hours. I can't be I got training in the morning. Yeah, here it's all one am.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when you're like sitting down to watch the tennis and it's like like a match is starting and it's like ten pm or yeah, you're like, what are you?
Speaker 1: Maybe don't want to commit to this?
Speaker 2: You get a five hour one or whatever, and it's it always they always suck you in where you're like, I'll just wait to the end of this set and then it like.
Speaker 1: The demonol one like got me good and he's like went to five and I was epic. Was so so cool. But yeah, they also end up in awesome experience. Got to interview two best Americans play out there at the moment and you know, Fritz and Cocoa Golf and got to interview them, which was there's a cool experience in my life, you know, interviewing some of the top athletes of their sport in the moment that they're actually in their prime. And that was really cool, really unique experience and SOMETHINGY want to kind of get into is doing these international events and you know, people keep reminding me retirements around the corner, Mason, what are you doing next? You get that question a lot the older you get what's after footy? What's next? What's next?
Speaker 2: How about curiosity? He's diving right into the space. He's you know, a bit more practice.
Speaker 1: But he's got the connects with the players to make it interesting. I think, like you knows Djokovic and he's sitting there laughing with him on the tennis tennis court and stuff like that while he's in the bunker and there's little things like that that you know, you can't make up. He's just got because he played with him, you know, and you know I was playing against him and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So I just throw him to the wolves.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: They were like go out on the court and he interview you.
Speaker 1: Like, here's a micd go joy.
Speaker 2: Djokovic was like, yeah, I actually need my own mic, and like you took it from him. I was like, I hate awkwardness, so I just had to change the channel. I was like, someone else tell me if it was good, because I'm not watching it. We did touch on Tom Brady a little bit, but you met Tom, it looked like he had some one on one time.
Speaker 1: It was. It was an awesome experience, but had a bit of a funny tie to it, right, you know, like AFL players in Melbourne, right, they kind of like looked at as probably like the most well known athletes at of Melbourne. Look right, you could say, that's not a headed thing to say, and you know, people come to them and sometimes they have this kind of star struck attitude. It was funny to me hang out with AFL players and then having the stars truck attitude towards Tom Brady. Yeah, and they were like nervous to talk to him and didn't know. And this was coaches and stuff too, and like Alison Clarkson and stuff with there, and yeah, everyone's kind of wondering when they can like jump in, or if it's like their turn, or what questions they can ask. And you're in this kind of room and everyone's asking like, you know, allowed to ask whatever they want, but no one wants to break the ice, you know. Yeah, and the guys sitting there and he's like walks in, He's like, oh, yeah, how's everyone going and the guy's like yeah, yeah, and he's like Tom's like yeah, I'm going, well, you know a bit jet Lag, you know, such and such. And then the guy goes, So that guy there and he puts traded me. He goes he's the token American he plays with called AFL. There's the ice broken. He's like, you two got it for a little bit, and then everyone else asked the question, so choed him for a little bit. He's an awesome guy, legend. He was here for like twenty four hours in Australia and then flew back, So that would have been a whirlwind of an experience just being like jet Lag trying to figure out talk to people and he's throwing passes to every player I feel like inter L and AFL player, and it was one big media thing. It was cool to have him in town. It's great to have those kind of people. Him and RP. Kobe came in, you know a few years ago on these shack and these kind of big names that you know are kind of one offs, you know, don't come every single year. It's great to have them in there and try to be involved in some capacity to kind of you know, just hang out with them and ask a few questions about their career and what made them successful.
Speaker 2: I understand the ick, you know when people say, oh, this gives me the ick. That gives me the ick.
Speaker 1: I give you.
Speaker 2: I watched these players.
Speaker 1: Your red flag. I watched these I haven't even gotten to the dating braid.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, we'll get that. I watched these players absolutely losing their ship over meeting Tom Brady. And it's like, I'm sorry to say, but it's a bit embarrassing watching these guys like Tom throw me the ball. Oh my god, I caught it. How cool that's Tom Brady. It's like, oh my god, chill out, like it's fucking It's a bit embarrassing. But watching from a distance I've only seen it was only players in the room from what I could see, like they were just posting content like this is a picture with me and Tom and stuff, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like I fell into that trump. But at least you.
Speaker 2: Standing next to him just looked like you were catching up with another.
Speaker 1: American, like you've never seen someone your hut. It was so it was probably a face of confusion of what the fuck is Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so weird and when he was like walking in and everyone mobbed him like yeah, he's got security like this.
Speaker 1: It was like a boxing match or an NMA match. You needed like the theme music to roll out with and a big kind of you know, a robe over his head, just the boxing clothes ready to go. So weird.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm glad that, you know, players get to experience that once.
Speaker 1: And they went little humility, right, the humility, Well, we'll get into something involved both of us. Now Beyond the Valley. We haven't really caught up about this. We did a live show, first ever live show beyond the Valley. We went to a festival Brandon. Yes it's crazy festival. I've never been to a festival in Australia. But we threw ourselves in the deep end ended up doing a live show, which I mean, let's be honest here, how many people did you expect to show up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought like ten maybe, like.
Speaker 1: And how many do you reckon actually were there?
Speaker 2: I mean I think I think it's like two hundred two fifty, like a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which you can imagine, Like we had to you know, we usually write down a little like list of things we want to talk about and you said this after we were dying. You were like, Mason, I could tell you were nervous, and I was shitting myself going out on stage, people chanting the USA doof sticks out in the back.
Speaker 2: You're coming on the Grand Final dressed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was full dressed up in a forty six cong with Jersey, had the socks pulled up, even the shin guards covered, had the full socks and boots on and everything else. And I was like, I love it. It's awesome doing wrong, But I was just not prepared. I was not like I didn't think that that me and people would shop, which was like, we loved it. It was so incredible to have that kind of support. But I think with our low expectations we went in with, we kind of were a bit shocked walking out on stage, going, oh shit, we've got a lot of different levels of sobriety. We have to probably yeah entertain here. It was a twelve thirty slot, so you're getting people that are still hungover from the night before. People are getting their first bite of food for the day, and people have already started their next next night, all in one place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was bizarre. There's a couple of guys in the front row that looked like they were enjoying themselves. They were like laid out flat with like sonnies on. But yeah, it was It was cool getting like feedback in real time because you start talking about something boring and you could tell that people stop paying attention, or like you would start talking about a club or whatever just to like you know, test it out and you get heckls or whatever. It was really cool. It was Yeah, it was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I had I had no.
Speaker 2: Pressure because I was like, we're in the middle of a paddock, in the middle of nowhere, and no one gives a fuck what I'm saying. So I just kept rolling you under the bus, kept asking you questions.
Speaker 1: You were you were out there after me. You realize, Hot Brown, you were the old Tom Brown, just trying to like get some juice out of me.
Speaker 2: Because with the like a meatiate it feedback. It was fun getting like those reactions like, hey, every topic.
Speaker 1: I've said something I shouldn't have said.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I don't know if a journalist was there, but if a journalist was there, I think we're even.
Speaker 1: I think we're the scarfs on everything else. Tom Morris's playing out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're rotting on us, we're routing on you. If you see Tom Brown out there with a cowboy.
Speaker 1: From that, I'm going yeah, I'm calling Channel seven or Fox for you. Tom. You spent three days behind the Valley.
Speaker 2: It was good though, And then we followed it up with we went on Triple J, which.
Speaker 1: Is pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: That was cool, like another thing that we kind of did.
Speaker 1: With our community Triple J.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was another thing you were late to just put it on the list. Let's jump into let's move on, Let's jump into the footy season, because there's plenty to talk about. We've already wasted a lot of time just talking about you.
Speaker 1: Are we going into your dating site? You just got to skip past that.
Speaker 2: I almost got to hear, let's get through it. I had a few, so I'm going to like get through them like I had a few dates the dating segment. Yeah, exactly. So a couple of people have had you know, I don't know if it's a fence, but they almost pulled out that my last name was spelt the way that it is, the proper way. The cock the bag of Dick's as I like to say two Cox one pot. All the photos on my Hinge accounter in my Instagram, So I know if I send someone my Instagram and they ghost me or whatever, it's probably not because of my pitches, because they're the same. I only have five pictures of myself from the past thirty three years. My Instagram handle for those who want to follow along Braiden dot Cox, so you can see my last name.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if people are thinking ahead if we get married, they're going to have to become missus Cox or whatever. But I've had a couple of ghostings off the back of that alone, like we've been locked in for a date and they're like, let's take it off Hinge, let's chat via Instagram. Send the Instagram handle, Gone, Gone, Gone, and.
Speaker 1: You reckon, it's the last name, that's what has to be.
Speaker 2: What else is it unless they look at the tagged and see me on this podcast talking about all the dating that's been terrible.
Speaker 1: I'd rather not have my dirty laund your aired out.
Speaker 2: And then I had another person fully one hundred percent believe that I was lying about how my last name was spelled to the like to the degree where they refuse to put it correctly into their contact list.
Speaker 1: I'll give you this. I've never met anyone that spelt it the way that you're as a spell it's the unfortunate way.
Speaker 2: Let's be you've only met cowards. You've got to spell it the correct way. See why be a cox but then spell it wrong like it's subtle. If you're going to be teased for it, at least have it proper.
Speaker 1: I want to say this. I think you need to change a prompt to something like you don't have to take my last name. You could keep your own if we get married.
Speaker 2: So should I put my last name in my profile?
Speaker 1: If this is it, we need to questionnaire it to someone to say, what's the dating prompt we need to give for Breaden to get the most matches on?
Speaker 2: Well, I've got a Yeah, I've got a few, so that can be One. Should I put my last name in my profile so no one's you know, surprised? Two I matched with And I don't know if she watches this podcast, so apologies. If you do, you won't be named. But there's a bakery near me that I absolutely love. And there's not many things in this life that I get to just enjoy, Mason. I'm always working, I'm slaving away. But I did like to go to this bakery and get a little pastry, like and they open Wednesday through Sunday or whatever, so I'd always go in there and get the pastry. And then she matched with me on hinge and then I was like, I do I reply and say like like no thanks, or do I just say no, no match and just pretend like it didn't happen, which I think you were leaning.
Speaker 1: Towards to answer that question. I think is there like, oh, I took some time off the app. I didn't want to, you know, because look, Brandon and I've done this before. Don't ship where you eat? I know, but nowat you.
Speaker 2: Took option number three and just just I pretended like it didn't happen. And I never go back.
Speaker 1: To the bakery.
Speaker 2: What I haven't been back.
Speaker 1: To the bank. So you just go back and then you does she give you the eye she'd give you that? Do you find her attract like?
Speaker 2: I don't want anything from it because I don't want to shoot where I eat. I just want the pastry.
Speaker 1: Get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So then if it turns awkward and I hate awkward, situations, and then I have to go in there and be like.
Speaker 1: I understand that the awkwardness.
Speaker 2: I just avoid the whole thing.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 2: But then now I don't get the pastry. And unfortunately it happened on the other side the barista, which I am not like a player, Mason, I'm single. It's very much single. Barista at the cafe on the other side. Yeah, she hit me up, and then what you like? I stopped going and getting coffee there.
Speaker 1: What's your distance to like? Is it a kilometer?
Speaker 2: And they must just be attracted to my proximity because outside of that one block radius, I don't match with anyone or do anything. Why couldn't it be the barista up the road here? But that's another thing. But now this one, this is the last one. I'll end it on this one. So this one annoyed me the most because I am a busney man and I often tell you, but I don't use it as an excuse when I'm dating, because I know how annoying it is when someone says they're busy and just assumes that you're not. Anyway, I matched with this girl and would match before, and she sent a message to me saying I think we've done this before. So I jumped ahead and said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have got back on the app.
Speaker 2: So how about let's lock in a date. Let's make this thing happen. She was like yeah. She was like yep, great, let's do it. We're made up for a coffee. Said where are you in proximity to me? I'll pick something in the middle, a bit close to you because I'm a nice guy.
Speaker 1: Chivalry is not dead.
Speaker 2: So she told me she lived in the Richmond area. I picked out a cafe, let's lock it in, yeah, ghosted me, ghosted, so no response. So I did all the work on my end, picked a time, picked a cafe, done everything right, I've done everything right, ghosted, and I'm like, okay, cool, Wait a day, wait, two days, wait, four days?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, so you're not the triple texture Nah, okay, yeah, I got You're with the double I'm not going.
Speaker 2: So I just said a joke back.
Speaker 1: Oh, you try to reignite the conversation. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And then because little Hi, because of the context of we've been here before, I sent a message saying like, well, at least we know this time. It's definitely your fault.
Speaker 1: Or the bullying, the subtle building is not really Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Some people the subtle bullying is their thing. So I was like, i'll get it. I'll provoke an answer response by the subtle bullying. Well, nothing for another day and then I get back. And this is as close to just gas lighting me as it can get. She says, Wow, chill out. I was working night shift, no shift where, Oh it doesn't fucking matter. Well, you're working night shift for four days straight.
Speaker 1: You're just going to the night shift for the hospital, the are saving lives. You still haven't feel a little bit bad.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you. Everyone's got a job, everyone's got a job, you got downtime. You're not just working night shift into night shift into night shift. So I just left it. I was just like, no, I left it. I'm above that. Should I be annoyed at that? No?
Speaker 1: I think that's just we're all busy. We're all busy. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: I hate it when people use their busyness as an excuse, what like why you're on the dating app?
Speaker 1: Agreed, just get off, Just get off.
Speaker 2: If you're too busy, get.
Speaker 1: Off free some time, just get it.
Speaker 2: Delete it's but it didn't affect me, and I just brushed it. I didn't evenly look for dates in my immediate area. If I can't throw a start outside the climate radius exactly anyway, that's where That's what I've been up to. Where you've been gallivanting around the world. I've been having these Problemsius, still single, still single?
Speaker 1: That makes two of us. Mate, Well, we'll get into the footy. What's news in the footy world? What's happened since we've we've dispersed.
Speaker 2: I did want to ask you about one thing because it clearly looks like you've blown out a bit.
Speaker 1: Now? Is this because fat?
Speaker 2: Looking fat? I can tell when you walked in the door that it felt like the air got tighter? Players? Wait now, I don't know if we're allowed to talk about this or if it's been a bit hush hush, but we're not. Apparently it's not. We're not allowed to discuss it. It's not a thing anymore. We're getting rid of it. Players, Wait, not a thing. How much do you weigh?
Speaker 1: I weigh right now one hundred and nine point two kilos. You shouldn't have told me, yeah, because you know, I'm just sorry. Tom Brown, careful?
Speaker 2: How one hundred. Are you over one hundred kilos?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Easy, I've always I was like one, like f fifteen last year. Wow, yeah, I know it looks skinny and I am, but jeez.
Speaker 2: Where are you keeping that? That's heavy? I'm like seventy five? What do you think of something like half for you height wise and weight wise?
Speaker 1: But okay, what are your thoughts on We're saying the ins and outs of twenty twenty four and players weights on the out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, well did they just Okay, now I've heard this now and I want to actually I'll make a comment around this. This might be a little headliner for you, right. I think weights and hides and all that stuff a bullshit anyway, because you just lie about it. I still don't think I'm that No, We've talked, We've said this before. I'm not one hundreds and sure I'm the tallest player to ever player listed as the tallest player to ever play. I fell, But I think that was a bit of a selling point to bring the American over here, to be like, hey, we've got a guy bigger than anyone that's ever lived.
Speaker 2: Here's is It's like when you tell people that you're seven foot when your Instagram account says you're six ten.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, well I tell people I'm six twelve to see how drunk they are. For the people out there twelve in just in a foot i'd be seven foot. But yeah, no players, wait, I think it's obias. And then also the interesting thing is is like what happens like I don't know if this is I don't know. Do they do this with the AFLW. Do they have players waits for NFLW and stuff? I don't believe. I don't think they'd want to go down that path and I don't think that's the right thing to do. So maybe that's a bit of like a we don't want to have rules for one and not the other.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense, Yeah, that's a possibility. Can they just say like, oh, he's looking trim?
Speaker 1: It's so different though, because like Swanny like six years ago was getting so much criticism and stuff and then now we've gotten to the point where we can't even like talk about it.
Speaker 2: But you know, if a player comes back from preseason and a professional commentator is there to commentate what he sees, what they see, Yeah, and you see Mason Cox plodding out onto the field. His guts is hanging over his shorts.
Speaker 1: Real dip twelve?
Speaker 2: Is he meant to just pretend that I don't see that. I don't see.
Speaker 1: That, not seeing this, not believing this, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You gotta Yeah, there's there's still gotta be like professional standards. You're gonna be held to account. But I guess you can do it through performance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you could probably show GPS numbers or something like that. Maybe I'm not sure, but I think you can only show the top five GPS runners. There's limits on that too. They cap that because they don't want people to be bashing all the players they're slow shit like.
Speaker 2: Me, my god, god, just a free run.
Speaker 1: I have the issue, right because like these things happen. As a big man, you're always at the back. You're always the heaviest. You know, you can lift some of the most weight of the club, but your statistics otherwise don't look too great, like your two K time trial and stuff like. I'm always the last one. And the problem was, once Brody left because Brody was behind me, I became the last one. So then now I'm the one that everyone has to make sure they're in front of because if you're behind me after the two k time trial, you got some catching up to do and you're going to be in fact club fight on golf FA but like you're gonna be doing a few extra bike sessions. Let's just say that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't think it'll fly with your coaches.
Speaker 1: Now, we don't do two k time trial anyone. But if the.
Speaker 2: Coaches is like, mate, you're looking a bit unfit. You've got to get into like the extras camp and you go, excuse me.
Speaker 1: You say that, that's.
Speaker 2: Insulting, mate, Please step back?
Speaker 1: Oh man, interesting, go twenty twenty four players waits out. What's in the twenty twenty four is apparently Sam Mitchell getting sick in New York City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, this is actually crazy because there's I don't know, it's not the only thing that happened to him while he was over there, but he got hospitalized in New York over the Christmas break with kind of pneumonia, but it was like multi level to it, so he ended up passing out, which was always a scary thing.
Speaker 1: Healthcare system great in America hopefully had travel.
Speaker 2: Do we want to take him to the hospital. Oh, Jesus, I don't. I want to have some money. But he was informed that he had a cocktail of issues that threatened multi organ failure, including multiple types of influenza combined with the bacterial pneumonia.
Speaker 1: That's serious.
Speaker 2: And on top of that, yeah, you know, if your holiday is not going that great, it is. Yeah, someone stole his passports.
Speaker 1: Stole his passports on top.
Speaker 2: And they had to track him down to get his passport back so he could get back to a trai.
Speaker 1: Essentially he's had the worst holiday possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's you know, that's one thing. So multi organ failure. Well Stevie j gutted himself with a knife that he was carrying in a bag. Yeah. So yeah, just apparently it went through him like a knife through a hot button. Yeah, trying to open it like he was working with a gate and just stabbed himself in the right. Here in the NFL world, it's all going down. No issues like that for you over the break. Didn't almost die. You've almost died a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when we had the last road splin, internal bleeding last year, the eyes, a few other things.
Speaker 2: So you almost died before it was.
Speaker 1: College college college college may have cost me. Now, nothing too crazy this off season. Just just enjoying life, bredon, just.
Speaker 2: Enjoying well, enjoying life. But you have been beefing with g W s Now this is that's an ongoing beef. I don't know, and they.
Speaker 1: Keep dragging this out. This might be their favorite story of the year.
Speaker 2: And the latest one which.
Speaker 1: I still stick to my guns, never said anything that was untrue.
Speaker 2: Well, now it's bleeding into the club because they had a little crack at you at your grassy court, their grassy court. Yeah, the whole fiasco around that which was so blown out.
Speaker 1: They used to.
Speaker 2: But let's get into round zero because I want to know what your thoughts on a round zero is and why wouldn't they just do a split by and why the raining premiers have to go up to the showgrounds in Sydney universe GWS for round zero. It's it feels like we're living in a different world. Mace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a weird thing. Hopefully the easter shows, you know, light on the ground there three weeks prior. But yeah, round zero, I get it. From the AFL standpoint, they're trying to build the game up there in the North and that totally makes sense. And I think it's good because like Brisbane's gone well and He's going well, Gobs is going well. Like all these teams that are up there, like you know, you talk about Gold Coast is like moving off the ranks. Like all these teams are in that area are kind of now on the rise, if not at the top. And I think it's a perfect timing for them. That's probably while they're doing this, is they want to go cool, let's cash in on this. Let's make sure we make the most of them being at the top. So and then we get a mini fans and supporters to start coming out to the games more and everything else. And I think that's what this round zero is all about. Yes, would I'd rather be like, you know, saying that every premiership team, and I still think this and not outside of our search situation winning it last year, every premiership team should have the opening round and they should unfail the flag as the first thing. I think that would be a really cool, like you know, yearly experience that you do. And if that means that's round zero, I'm not sure, but I think that would be a cool thing to do. But I get what they're doing up there. I understand it, Gobos. I'm sorry, apologies.
Speaker 2: Don't back down now, we need the beef.
Speaker 1: That'd be exciting. Run one though, around zero, round zero and jbo ask a great team going really well, and yeah, it's going to be up there, their home ground being in by a point of prelim. You know, they were pretty close that year or last year, and I'm sure they'll have a little bit of fire in their belly, as they say, And yeah, you could find.
Speaker 2: So you're happy to go up there. Just clean the cow ship off the field after the show.
Speaker 1: And you're I thought Victoria Park was bad with dogshit. Who knows, maybe up there.
Speaker 2: Because the last time you versed them you had your shirt ripped off. There was a little bit of it's been bubbling away. I reckon it could really kick off in round zero. I think whatever happens in round zero stays in round zero. Yeah, no suspensions.
Speaker 1: It was you that was saying the other day, like you should show up in a cowboy hat and a bowlo tie boots.
Speaker 2: This was the NBA. You could roll up to the game on a horse.
Speaker 1: Geez. Now you're saying Pendles should right up.
Speaker 2: He can't. No one's going to call out pendals, but you can do whatever you want. I'm just trying to market it a bit.
Speaker 1: It's round zero, trying to build the game up in the north.
Speaker 2: Speaking of marketing, burning up the track, I've heard your boys.
Speaker 1: Someone tearing down the house. Someone's burning down the track in preseason. Who would have thought it's the same damn headline every year. Who's our top one or two of them?
Speaker 2: What's the what's the burning down the house?
Speaker 1: Oh baby?
Speaker 2: What's that? Tom Tom going going? Tom?
Speaker 1: Soothing? Sounds of Bredon's voice.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Fife and Dusty some old dogs apparently burning up the track now, don't we love to say it that Fivee's back. Yeah, we've been. We've been hearing all about his off season. Jamie Elliott, I hear is the next thing coming off half back for the past half back.
Speaker 1: The other day. His team whopped our ass the other day. It was tough when you see Jamie Elliott playing a position he's never played, just dominating, You're.
Speaker 2: Like, fuck just he could play anywhere and a freak athlete. Forwards like the hardest position as we all know. But I do want to get into a little bit of the n r L because the reason or some of the the reason that the NRL they're going to Vegas, which is some of why the round zero thing is coming in to get to get everyone up there. But NRL playing in Vegas. Not sure why, not sure how successful it's going to be. But you've kind of always wanted to go over there and play some games. And now the Major League Cricket is the thing. It's a thing in America.
Speaker 1: I think one of the team's names like the Unicorns.
Speaker 2: So you've got some grounds to play on over there. Would would you like to go over there and play?
Speaker 1: I think that's the end goal. The end goal is to have like an exhibition match over there and stuff. But like a lot of people like kind of give me flax, so, oh well, we ever go to the US and everything else, you know, And I understand where people are coming from. It's not like you don't go from now to next year playing there a game. Right, There's things you have to build, and you have to build an audience over there. You have to build people at care and I think like social media and TikTok and all these other things that we give our attention to, we can create stuff with AFL to help people in America realize it's an actual sports People don't know what it exists. Right. This is my plan IFL is to hopefully be able to do some of this and if you can kind of grow an audience over there and then get them involved in some sort and then say, look, we're doing something like the NHL did in Melbourne. Melbourne, out of place known for hockey right out a place known for cold or sorry known for cold, not a place known for ice and ice rinks. Yeah, but there's an NHL game here and it like will sell out. So if you can get that kind of audience that wants to see the game, you don't need to be selling you know, reliant stadium like NURL is trying to do, sell a smaller ground with ten thousand, Fill it out, make it look full like people who know what's going on and like having a good time and tailgating all this other stuff. Make a big event of it, right and just get like people's interest over there. I think that's the end goals to eventually get a game there, but it's like a five to ten year plan. Everyone's like, now, Heaven forbid, we go over there. We have to stick to Australia, we know, and that is how you never grow.
Speaker 2: But in five years you probably won't be playing I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going to, yeah, but then they'll be growing the game over there. That's gonna be my next thing.
Speaker 2: But you don't want to play over there.
Speaker 1: People keep asking me what we.
Speaker 2: Went there the next year the year after you could have a game there.
Speaker 1: You reckon u wes c Usa felt that's what I'm playing?
Speaker 2: Is that good?
Speaker 1: You got to win another premiership somehow.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into a bit of you know, we've gotta do some upkeep. We're gonna we're gotta clean the shirts, We're got to let people know injuries, key trades, all the stuff that happens that we're going to be you know, waiting for over the We'll start with the injuries, because they're the sad part, you know, before the fresh beginnings. So we got Dan McStay, obviously devastating, but also huge because it's you know, implications for the Collingwood forward line. You finally got a big tall key in there that you've been lacking for all these years. And I mean when you were strutting around up there, obviously I.
Speaker 1: Am sitting right next to you, Braden one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and forty kilos seven foot whatever you were. What does that kind of mean for the club? And you know, what are we going to see out there?
Speaker 1: It's gonna be an interesting little obviously, Damn stair was massive and I run last year and everything else, and it's sad to see him go down. But like I will say this though, damn stay right. He's been it's been about a month now, a couple of month and a half. He is looking swoll. He is, dude, this man is benching like I don't think there's enough weight in the weight room to put on that bar. He is swollen. At the moment, I saw him walking down the street a text us and man, he was wearing the singlet walking the dog. I said, looking good, bro heavy, oh man. But now he's uh, he's gone right. Obviously, it's a it's a frustrating thing. But he's in there training his ass off, trying to get back as soon as possible, and you know, we see him. It's training and stuff like you know the other day was kicking goals, you know, and that's it's like those little kind of moments I think of like accomplishments of being able to do one more thing and do something new and all that kind of keeps you in a positive mindset hopefully being able to see, you know, a bit of light at each you know, accomplishment or complete and completing whatever it is. But yeah, it's a it's a different kind of thing for our forward line. Ask Johnson been training the house down, wouldn't believe it, training the house down. Reef McGinnis training the house down like you Shoults train in the down. Brodie Meyerchak obviously just still doing Brodie Marchak things and just training the house down.
Speaker 2: Brady Mychek is the house.
Speaker 1: He is the house. He is the roof the foundation everything. He gets zero credit and does all the work for the Smalls to get all the love.
Speaker 2: I think now he's getting credit because every game, every week they're like.
Speaker 1: Jack Kicker for like seven years and no one would know that.
Speaker 2: When the commentators like, oh, he never gets the credit, it's like, well, you're a commentator, so it's your job. You can give him credit. But they always say, no, it doesn't get the credit. But there has been a couple of acls in the off season. We got Bailey Smith Ac.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Rough, there's a bit of contract talks around which you don't have contract. Yeah, I think this might be and then we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then Jack Sylvanney a cl heart and soul of Carlton down there. And then a couple of kind of returns on the cards. Tom Lynch coming back from a broken foot, which they Richmond really need him because obviously losing Jack. So I have him back up and running. So he's running on the track, which is good to see. And then Clayton Oliver. You know, ups and downs over the off season, but he's returned to training, so we like to see that.
Speaker 1: I will say this, I'm gonna give I don't really know the situation what's going on there with him and everything else. But I did see him the other day. It was an early morning and he was there at the friend of his and he was playing. He was kicking a footy with him, so he was doing extra training.
Speaker 2: Good to see.
Speaker 1: Good to see. I was in full likra by kid everything else and he looks at me and I was like, man, this is not the outfit I want my friends to see me. And he just, you know whatever. Someone walks over and you're kind of sheeplessly like I don't want to get up and just have everything hanging out for him to see you now, And I'm like, I stayed seated, I think, and I shook his hand because I was like, I think this is a bit weird if I kind of you know, essentially a butt naked with a bit of skins.
Speaker 2: ONKRA doesn't hide a lot. I see a lot of lumps going through CRA.
Speaker 1: But that's not great as a compated.
Speaker 2: Clayton like, you're still the same high But no, he was.
Speaker 1: He was doing some extra training away from because he's come back, I think, and he's training with him now, so I will say that's what I've seen from him has come back and.
Speaker 2: To see everyone doing well, fit, firing healthy, burning the track up. So yeah, there's a few injuries there. But now let's look ahead to you know, the trades that we're excited to see, because trades are very exciting, Mason. You get to see some new guys come to your club that you've might maybe admired from Afar or you talk shit about him secretly wanting them to come to your team, Like I know a lot of Hawthorne fans are going to be like Jack guinnevn and now when he comes in the doors, he's like fucking love Jack Ginnovan. Let's start talking about some trades. Because big Goldie Goldstein went to Essendon. He's pushing forty five, forty six. It's good to see Essendon very much in their window, as we all know, picking up a very experienced.
Speaker 1: Rutlan, very experienced. He's a good ruckman too. But I don't talk trash on he I actually have got a lot of respect for gold saying.
Speaker 2: Hey, all for Goldie, get the bag wherever you go. So that's good for gold stand Now you got to think it's because you know Draper sometimes bit injured in and out, so you've got to have that back up very and he's got that experience. Can talk to the younger guys in the team. Good trade, good trade, nice trade. But they didn't stop there. They went Ham. They got Ben McKay half and half the same Kilder list, they got Jack Billings, Jade Gresham. So essenon loading up now, we don't know. It can be dangerous if you load up before your window, but we'll wait and see. We won't pre empt these things.
Speaker 1: I wonder if these are the things right whenever obviously, whenever you don't make finals, essence, you know, cops all his criticism like, oh, who do we sacks? We didn't make finals? Yeah, And I wonder if you kind of get to a certain point in a year and you go, you know, for people to keep their contracts, whether it'd be the board people, world be the coaches would be assistant coaches wherever it is, you're going to make moves right to make sure that people know that you're trying, and you're trying to like, you know, like it's a way of showing the world that, like, yes, we are making the efforts and making the decisions to try to give us the best position to make finals, right. And I think what they're doing is exactly that, because they're a bit under the pump over at AUS and I reckon with everyone there, because they were close to making fire. They the hopes up early, the other hopes up early, and then it went down. And that's whenever people get really filthy and they go shit, we need to make them happy somehow, trade a few people, get some excitement back into the club, and we'll try to get into the year and you have a good start.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, don't dip down too hard. Only time will tell if they should have just held off, gone to the draft, done it the long way. But you know some teams don't have to do it the long way. Geelong have been up there since I've been born, so they just keep going around Port Adelaide. They've loaded up. They got Ratitui boy, they got Soldo, they got Zurk Thatcher, sweet.
Speaker 1: Rated solo going to have a dominant year. Mustash Man big fan of Soldo.
Speaker 2: Sydney. Now they loaded up. They just stole half of Collingwood's players ex players. They got Brody Grundy. He's bound to just joop it off. It's just going to rip the lid off when he goes up.
Speaker 1: There Australia this year. Right now, Sena, right now, you can quote me from the very beginning before the season even starts. Brodie Grundy Australian ruck.
Speaker 2: Well, he did say that last year, and I reckon, we.
Speaker 1: Don't even talk about the past. This is the present. We're talking about now, living in the presence.
Speaker 2: They also got Taylor Adams and Handling, so they loaded up with some pretty handy players. Now Collingwood, they got Shultz who I don't know if anyone has Lucky Shultz. I don't know if you haven't seen any Frio games, because there's a lot of like it does annoy me, and it annoys a lot of Interstate fans when a genuine gun makes a trade and they come across to Victoria and then they play as well as they've been playing Interstate, and then the whole media landscape is like, Ah, this guy, it's just turned it on out of nowhere, and it's like, Lucky Shultz has been killing it for three oh four years now.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be top goal kicker this year. On you for a bit, Yeah, yeah, top goal kicker overbrod him time winter.
Speaker 2: Surely someone's found to take it from him eventually, Yeah, but I reckon if anyone's going to do it, Lucky Shilts could be doing it. Got it, you know. Unfortunately Jack Ginovan out made way for Shultz. Guinea over to Hawthorne. Surely sad to see him go.
Speaker 1: Big love from my man. Guinea caught up at BTV.
Speaker 2: Caught up a BTV. He was popular, he was.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine that man would be able to get around without people noticing him.
Speaker 2: He was undercover. It was like thirty five degrees and he had a scarf.
Speaker 1: With the scarfar that's it. Maybe that's what I need to do next year. We need to go and I help you just a doof drip stick just myself as a human.
Speaker 2: I don't think if you put a scarf on seven foot tall, one hundred.
Speaker 1: A blanker people, is a tree just a tree out the back. Yes, Guinea goes to the Hawks. Unfortunately, I got so much love for him. We all know on this podcast we love Guinea. He's an absolute legend and someone that always be part of that Premiership side obviously. But yeah, I mean in that scenario talk about Taylor Adams Guinea. They got these offers from these clubs that were longer play offers in the our club is willing to give them, and who knows what the finances were. But like people have to realize, this is a business where people need to set up the rest of their life and if someone's going to give you a job that's more secure for a longer time, you know you you do have to wear those things up and it's just an unfortunate part of this, uh, this industry. But you know, to lose players like that that are such hot caliber and good people. But at the end of the day, it's a you know, you gotta sometimes put yourself first, and you know, put your life and your kids and your family and your wife and all that and make sure you set up a decent future form.
Speaker 2: It's tired at the top when you you know you're going for those flags. It's tired at the top of even Obviously, if you win a flag, you've got a pretty good team, so you know you can go somewhere else. Team in the league, break, go somewhere else. You can get the cash. Jump on, talk about cash. Who else has signed this year? We have well, your boy quaint or Q five year resign.
Speaker 1: Man, the model himself, who don't do a bit of modeling. And I've told him for a long time, said, man, you've got the no offense, no offenses.
Speaker 2: It's like no offense. You are attractive, you are super.
Speaker 1: Attractive as a human, no offense. You have got the best rig at the club, maybe the AFL. I reckon, he's probably got the best rig in the AFL. You can clip that up and chuck it out. There, Braden, because I think there is zero percent of people who are going to disagree with that.
Speaker 2: No one asks, but love it, love it. And his brother came down and he's training with you guys, and he looks just as huge.
Speaker 1: That's scary, all Cigaret, Now, I should have been telling that.
Speaker 2: I think it's out and about Sean Darcy re signed three oh six years. What they need, what they love? Big fella down there, win taps you love it.
Speaker 1: Impossible to move tree trunks for lakes, just no chance in hell. He's getting out of his position once he gets s.
Speaker 2: He's a genuine big boy. If you're pushing your kilos, he's pushing.
Speaker 1: The wild thing is he's one of those freak athletic, freak athlete big boys like he would run a two k at like a ridiculous pace and you would go, how in the world is a man that that's, that has that much muscle mass on him can run that quick?
Speaker 2: Not fair?
Speaker 1: Not fair, It's it's a genuine freak. It's like you got big man athleticism.
Speaker 2: That's annoying for everyone else except for Freemantle. But we will touch We're going to touch on this a little bit more. In future episodes. We've got a couple of weeks we've got to build up to the season, so we're gonna.
Speaker 1: We're freaking back baby, Exciting time three every Tuesday. You better put it up on your calendars, boys and girls.
Speaker 2: We've been doing this for three This is the third Sick of Me yet sticking from the jump mate. So we do have some preseason games, but we'll probably get into them going into the other weeks because you got North Melbourne coming up at Arden Street hang Kango, first time back. Well, this is you're going to Arden Street.
Speaker 1: Weird thing.
Speaker 2: Speak about beef, you talk shit about them. I love them. You talked about him every other week last year, never and it's the first time back to Arden Street. Correct me if I'm wrong, since you were wearing head to toe North Melbourne kit running around there like a goose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was a gangly giraffe that had no idea. What if I was trying to jump on a specky bag and handball of footy I've never seen in my life. I'm sure you'll clip this up into an embarrassment segment.
Speaker 2: Because they did a full video.
Speaker 1: They did a full hype video. I'm pretty sure. Like my brother was hit on by one of those people over there, and like they were trying to really, you know, find every angle to get me to come into themoove. And that's for sure. That had a great time. We'll say that Alisa Clarkson taking over that role obviously over there, and I think they're gonna, yeah, they're going to go up from there. He's gonna he's got experience and he's gonna be able to get him in a straight line. Say, be interesting in playing North Mamoor. I think it'll be one of those six quarter games. Everyone kind of gets a run, young kids get to go everything else right, which would be cool. So that down at Arden Street, you haven't been there since then, that was magic do all days. I met him for the first time, and Eric Wallace, the other American was there, the big, big fella.
Speaker 2: Times have changed.
Speaker 1: It's been a decade, that's crazy since that video came out.
Speaker 2: I don't do not say that that's soon move on to the next so concerning, but that'll be good because we'll look into all of that stuff. There's a lot of new coaches. There's obviously, you know, Clarko getting another year of it. Dimmer going down, Adam moves over at Richmond plenty happening, So we'll do a deep dive into you know, a season preview in the next couple of weeks. That'll be great. But we will jump in and talk about some feedback because we asked for your feedback of this podcast and it was awesome. The amount is so good, Like it was pretty you know, it was really constructive. I thought, you know, we'd get a bit of heat coming off of which we I like the heat, but it was very constructive.
Speaker 1: People were very good. I wanted people to say you were we were more ship. I was ready for what do we fix this and be like now you're doing well and I'm like, but how can we be better? Where's our where's our faults? Like now you're doing great? And I was like, give me something negative. Yes, we appreciated that, like, you know, yeah, did the polls and the questions everything else. It's that's actually really important for us legitimately, for us to make this thing epic, for you guys to enjoy the content and just to put a smile on your face. That's We're all about building this community and having a good time talking footy and interviewing crazy people and and just you know, living an epic life, well about it. So to get that feedback, to know exactly what you're you're enjoying and everything else is it's important for us. See.
Speaker 2: I think that's my goal. My personal goal for this podcast is for it to get so big that I get to, you know, ride your coattails to some events because I'm sick of just one last year that was good. You must have ran out of people because it was like, that's where we need more events. They need to be a hit less.
Speaker 1: What's the one you want to go to that is a great one event you want to go to.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't say a Grand Final because you'll be playing in it, so you won't be able to.
Speaker 1: I do. This is like, this is a dream goal on the Do you want to be filming content at a Grand Final? I'm playing it in the background.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to be working. I want to be drunk.
Speaker 1: You were looking at me.
Speaker 2: It was a bit of what I want to happen. Is we get tailgating in Australia up off the ground. That's what I want that to be our thing. Tailgate dude, let's do it. So, yeah, if we can get the balls like the wheels in motion on that and then when you you know, hang up the boots in three to five years or so, you're just you know, you're Jason Kelcey or whatever. Shir oh, yes, smashing into Taylor Swift. Yet no, and we hold. I don't want to hear about any beads or anything. Isn't that what you did?
Speaker 1: I sounded sexual, but we'll move on. Don't you give her beads?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's bracelet's breadst give it a pair of beds?
Speaker 2: Is your name on it?
Speaker 1: Go?
Speaker 2: Well, how you got to do something to cut.
Speaker 1: Through the noise, and it cut through. So we're willing to sell your soul every once in a while. But yeah, no, thanks everyone for the feedback and everything else. I want to shout out someone real quick, this man sitting us intagonus and something that was hilarious. We've had some funny things go through this podcast, from the al Fallus poster that was given hilarious shout out to the person in Africa that bought our merch that that was amazing. Hopefully she's hearing this. We want to say a massive thank.
Speaker 2: You that was like in front of like a giraffe.
Speaker 1: It was like it was I can't remember the country. It wasn't like the congo or something.
Speaker 2: Person that was in the background on the broadcast holding up our stuff, our freaking legends of people come to training and like where the gear met A guy in Port Fairy that was wearing the gear came to the footy show.
Speaker 1: I had like, ah, loving it, absolutely loving, so a lot to be thankful for. But this man Hessey mate, he made an AI creation. I'm worried, Braiden. I'm very worried.
Speaker 2: It was too accurate.
Speaker 1: It was it was way too accurate. This is an AI recreation. He was upset because we hadn't done the podcast in so long. I said, make give it three days. We're back at three days. Brother, You've come at the very end, and I think he maybe pushed out the context. Shit, how did you get this done? But he did an AI like redo of us in a podcast and had our voices, and our voices were like spot on, yeah, just bang on, And I was like, we're out of the job, Brad Chicken. Is that a way that we just literally created a podcast like us and no one's gonna know if it's actually us or not. They're gonna think it is.
Speaker 2: I was thinking I could get out of a couple of shifts here and there. I was very good on that. I don't actually don't mind him. I might be AI Brandon looked too, he looked pretty good. I don't know. AI Mason looked shocking.
Speaker 1: I think one of us was aied into a dragonist.
Speaker 2: I was like when I saw it, I was like concerned because it was pretty much why we haven't done a podcast for six months. Angered the footy gods, and we're back to appease them for a third straight year because it's been working so far. Every time we've done a podcast series, you made a prelim, you won a Grand Final.
Speaker 1: What's after that?
Speaker 2: If it ain't broke, don't don't fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we go to the super Bowl next Yeah. Yeah, we're just putting it out there. That's another thing I want to do the atmosphere. Mahow goes on tour.
Speaker 2: With Filthy Phil Cocks our talk tour of the States.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, Actually, I want to put this idea out there and I need to get people to get behind it. Maybe tag my father in it. I want to get a tattoo with my father, a premiership tattoo with my father. We film it. My mother would be fucking pissed. I think, if we're gonna get me, I asked him. I think he's kind of keen. But my mom was in the room whenever I asked him, So I think if I got yeah, I think if I got him away, got a few people on the you know, the twitters and stuff. He's on Twitter, he's big tweeter guy x Twitter, Instagram, you know. And just said, Phil, you got to get the tattooed Mason. If you get him pressured, I reckon, you might do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what about what about a sponsor? We can look back on this episode and be like, whoa, Like all these things happened because I reckon, Filthy's got to be the head of the tailgate, like he's got to be on the barbecue smoker. But I think, like, we got to get your goggles so you can't put a sponsorship on them. I reckon, we get some flames going, we get some pit viper sponsors, we get some I.
Speaker 1: Reckon, we can get a sponsorship. It's a short name. I could probably get three letters on the side. I think, yeah, pit vipers, the dream hit Vipers. Maybe that should be my pre game, like sunglasses hit Vipers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they can't do anything free game, surely.
Speaker 1: I mean, like why can't you? You can you have to wear the club logos and stuff. I can wear whatever, glasses and whatever hat I want.
Speaker 2: To feel like, that's I think we're cooking.
Speaker 1: I reckon it's gold chain or something. Maybe a grill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you need shoes.
Speaker 1: Maybe not thinking what can we push the AFL to get too pissed at?
Speaker 2: This is a medical gold chain. These are medical grills.
Speaker 1: I need these. They give me a season assist the day before, knowing the experience that I've had with them.
Speaker 2: Mam, we' gott to wrap around. Well, let us know what we should dream for, because what's what's our twenty twenty fourth part of it? You're gonna you're going to force people into achieving our dreams.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do this. We're gonna do part of the next episode twenty twenty four like year goals for the podcast and for each other bank.
Speaker 2: We're going overseas. We've got to do it, over do one.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna we're gonna close this up. It's been epic to be back. It feels good, it feels fresh. Hopefully everyone's like, oh man, how good to have them back. Finally, finally, after a little three month hiatus, get back and weekly content that we just love. We love the weekly.
Speaker 2: We need a footyback because Cricket's boring, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Mate. I'll tell you the story Almost got arrested by Cricket Australia.
Speaker 2: Leave it for next week.
Speaker 1: Leave it next I almost got arrested with cricket next week.
Speaker 2: Leave it for next week. Next week, we talked about.
Speaker 1: Every big story. Almost got arrested for playing cricket in the backyard, essentially the whole thing. It's a it's going to be worth it, our promise you get wrong. That's a teaser, all right, we'll wrap through it closure everyone. So I just want to say a massive thank you. We're stoked to be back for twenty twenty four season three. Now, remember every Tuesday we're coming out with these episodes, So market on your calendar, set an event wherever the hell you need to to download it that morning to make sure you can listen to it for whenever you need to on the way to work, we're at work or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: We was on the it was on the There's mornings and nights and biggest is from home. Yes, which I selected from the office, but I was in the vast minority.
Speaker 1: But now, seriously, thanks one for the feedback. Appreciate it. So so for season twenty twenty four, Season three, and it's gonna be an epic year. We've got some awesome stuff. We've we've had a little bit of an ideas meeting, We've got a lot on the whiteboard. Ladies and gentlemen. It's gonna be freaking fun. There were so many people we're gonna interview and oh, it's all me to get them. But it's gonna be a good year. To say the last, but massive thank you for tuning in. It's epic. We're back, baby, We're freaking back. Season three, f twenty four. We'll catch you next week. Nice. Yeah,