Speaker 1: Laura, come on, hello, hello everybody. Guess what? Hi? Hi, Sorry, I'm feeling mad? What feeling?
Speaker 2: You've come in hot today?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: No, if I can't even introduce myself, so she is.
Speaker 4: No, I'm actually not. I'm not that steeming. Have you seen the new movie on Netflix that everyone's talking about. It's called Leave the World Behind. It's got Julie.
Speaker 1: Roberts in it.
Speaker 2: It's like a drama end of the World.
Speaker 1: It's all thriller, drama, thriller.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it, as in watched it, but I have seen it advertised and I cannot wait to watch.
Speaker 2: Everyone's talking about it on Netflix.
Speaker 4: So everyone's talking about it, and I don't watch many movies. I've got to find the time. It's like I've got to work myself up for watching a movie.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, I'm here for the hype. I put it on last night.
Speaker 1: I hated it.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is a poor take, but I am still mad because it just it doesn't actually end. It just finishes and then you're left with more questions.
Speaker 1: But it didn't nail it for everybody. That's not a spoiler. You don't know what happened. I don't even know what happened. End, it doesn't end.
Speaker 2: Is it still playing? It's still going on?
Speaker 1: I had a loop.
Speaker 4: I have more questions than I have answers, and I've seen the movie now.
Speaker 6: Maybe they're setting it up for a second one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lora, Perhaps I don't mean to be rude. Was it the TV series that you started and you just need.
Speaker 2: To watch the next episode?
Speaker 5: No, that's sad because Julia Roberts can almost do no wrong in my eyes.
Speaker 4: But you know what, I love her as well, but she's always in a rom com. She's always in these like quite like fun, uplifting, like happy movies, and so seeing her in a thriller, and I know that I might be the minority because a lot of people have seen it, have been raving.
Speaker 1: On it across social media.
Speaker 4: But I watched it with my dad and my husband and all of us. When it finished, we were like, is that it really Okay? Let's watch it tonight and we'll get back to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: If you like your artie weird sci fi movies where there's like very unusual camera angles and stuff, maybe you like it.
Speaker 1: But it was too much away. It was it was no not for me.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, in breaking news, you have heard of girl math, but I have coined a new term, lady lingo.
Speaker 2: Oh, lady lingo.
Speaker 6: Yep, lady lingo, and I'm going to tell you all about it after the point.
Speaker 3: I Britain an entrepreneur, Era, I am trademark. Yeah, Richard Brandton is in town.
Speaker 2: He might snap it up. We'll find out a message. Well, lady lingos next here at the pickup.
Speaker 5: Okay, we've all heard of girl math, but have you heard of lady lingo? No, that's because I have coined a new term, lady lingo.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have to give a bit of context.
Speaker 2: Binger sounds like binger. Come to lady lingo the local retirement village.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me tell you how I got to this new term. Last week, two weeks ago. Sorry, it was my anniversary with my partner Ben. Now we are long distance, but he happened to be here for three days. He came for a quick visit and it fell over our anniversary.
Speaker 1: Don't think I've ever made it to one year in a relationship, so it was exciting for me.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'm kidding, a milestone it's a new mouth said, I'm going to celebrate this.
Speaker 1: I'm in love.
Speaker 5: So I wrote this like beautiful long letter for him, just like expressing my love and my feelings and my emotions. I got him a beautiful card, and I got him a pretty extravagant gift. It was quite expensive. It was a designer hat that he really wanted. He didn't ask for a but I knew he wanted. I wrapped it up impeccably. It was an amazing present. And know when you've nailed the brief and you know it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're also you're a very good gift giver, Like that's one of your that's one thing that you are very thoughtful about.
Speaker 2: You've put a lot of thought into gifts.
Speaker 1: I do like it. I like to make other people happy. Anyway. I also love receiving gifts, let it be noted. So I give him this present.
Speaker 5: And it was the night before right because I was like, I want to give you a present now, a night early.
Speaker 2: I've done that. When the excitement's so high, you go, just do it.
Speaker 1: At midnight totally.
Speaker 5: So he opened he was like, oh my god, it's amazing, Thank you so much. And I was looking at him like you know it's mine.
Speaker 1: And he goes, oh, oh, do you want yours now? And I say yeah, yeah, like for sure.
Speaker 5: So he does put his hand into a bag, pulled it out and just gave me a bottle of perfume. Wasn't wrapped, no card, nothing, and I was like, oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: Near Is there a card?
Speaker 5: He's like no, and I was like, oh, like a letter or anything, and he's like no. And I was like, oh, okay, open to the perfume.
Speaker 1: Didn't open it.
Speaker 5: Because it wasn't wrapped, just pulled the lid off and I was like, that's right. The main present must be coming tomorrow. That's what I thought. So tomorrow comes and there was nothing, and I said, hey, question, did you just get that perfume?
Speaker 6: Like literally yesterday Judy Free in the airport?
Speaker 2: Oh wait you give?
Speaker 1: Questioned him, Britt. That makes me so uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: Out of curiosity, I was like, hey, did you grab that on your O stream Judy Free?
Speaker 1: And he was like yeah, and I was like, oh cool.
Speaker 5: I was like, I was like, so just wondering, like how come you didn't decide to get me a card or a present or anything. And he's like, oh, well, you said, let's not get each other present. I was like, Babe, are you kidding me? That obviously means get me a present. Like no woman in the history of ever would say don't get me a present and actually mean it.
Speaker 1: Like that's a throwaway comment. I think this is very confusing for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Britt, I'm a guy and I'm really lost. So you said don't get me a present. He didn't get you a present, and now you're mad.
Speaker 5: Hey, girl says don't get me anything, it usually means like, get her something.
Speaker 1: It's like when somebody.
Speaker 4: No, okay, I would say, majority of girls, if they say don't get me anything, they mean don't get me nothing. Get me something and at least put a little bit of thought in it, but don't spend too much money.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: So where lady Lingo comes from? Because Ben was like, Babe, you can't say one thing and mean another. And I was like, well, in fact, you can, and all women do. And then I thought, oh my god, this is actually a thing.
Speaker 1: Lady ling you're having an argument.
Speaker 2: More examples.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're having an argument and he says, babees everything okay, and you're like yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Are you sure it's fine?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: Absolutely fine? The floor is lava.
Speaker 2: It is not fine.
Speaker 1: It is never absolutely okay. I have one for you. For example, when I say to my husband, do you want to drive?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 4: Asking do you want to drive means I'm not driving. I do not want to drive. I will not drive the car and you will drive. It's not a questions, that's a state question.
Speaker 2: I think I'm getting there. I think because I'm gay. I think I also use lady lingo, what do you yeah?
Speaker 3: If I make at dinner with friends and I go, oh, do you guys want to transfer me?
Speaker 2: That means get your phone out? Transfer.
Speaker 5: This is a good one, right Like when a guy, if you ever call up your partner she's at home and you're like, babe, gone through a drive story, You're like, I'm gonna get myself some dinner.
Speaker 1: You're hungry, Do you want anything? No, I'm okay.
Speaker 5: If you want to eat your meal, you get that girl a burger. She is always, whether she knows she's hunger or not, she's going to eat it. Whether she says she wants to share, she's gonna eat it. No.
Speaker 1: This I think that this goes a step further.
Speaker 4: Usually in the relationships, it's when when partner says, you know, do you want anything to eat and the other one says no, The girl says no, no, I don't, but that means I'm going to eat yours. So if you don't want me to eat yours, you need to get extra because I know I said I don't want anything to eat, but what I'm actually saying is I don't want you to order me a whole meal.
Speaker 2: I'm fully for this.
Speaker 3: I do think we need to like carve it into a tablet or something and make some like ancient rules, because there are rules.
Speaker 4: Here, so many. Okay, I've got one more. If any girl ever says I like him, but I like him, but you know, and then goes on to say something, what she's actually saying is she does not like him, it's not happening, Lingo.
Speaker 5: Lady Lingo, it's the and every single person listening has their own version.
Speaker 3: I love if you're listening d MS at the pickup or the pickup dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: What's your lady lingo like? Do you have an example?
Speaker 1: Okay, one more.
Speaker 5: When you're leaving somewhere or you're going to somewhere and someone says, hey, do you want to lift?
Speaker 6: Oh not, It's okay, I can walk pick her up?
Speaker 2: All right? Everyone next.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, Jesus, I was in a tricky moral conundrum. I got a free meal at a restaurant, but it shouldn't have happened, and I think I need to apologize.
Speaker 4: So what you mean is you thieve something?
Speaker 3: You're right, and I'm being arrested in the songs that's next to the pickup girls. I had such a I think, successful dinner over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I was a successful dinner. You ate, I ate, and.
Speaker 3: I ate for I went this beautiful new restaurant in the local area. I took the guy that I was dating, and there was some friends there. I thought, this is gonna be a great night out at a brand new restaurant. And you know when you go to a new local you get excited. The menu's overwhelming. They hand it to you and they had in the center of the menu banquet available eighty five per head. We all looked at each other, we went, screw it, just get the banquet. We don't want to order.
Speaker 2: It takes the choice out of it.
Speaker 1: Make it easy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, you don't look at all the individual items.
Speaker 3: You kind of go A bit of beef, it's a salad, and some and some garlic free whatever put it in.
Speaker 2: So we ordered the banquet. We sit there, we're drinking.
Speaker 3: The banquet arrives one by one, the food comes, we eat it, We eat it, and the banquet has stopped, clearly ended, and we all kind of look at each other and go, oh, it wasn't really enough food.
Speaker 2: Were a little bit peckish.
Speaker 4: Can't be peckish after a banquet? You can if it's like one skull, but they've not done a good enough job. If you're still peckish after a bankleet.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 3: That's what we're thinking, Like, of course, one there's a bit more food. Oh well, we'll be fine, we'll get some dessert and we'll be all right. Anyway, that's when the waitress walks over and she's got a beautiful, large, juicy chunk of barremundy on the plate.
Speaker 2: This restaurant has just opened.
Speaker 3: It's opening weekend, so that staff is still finding their feet brand new menu.
Speaker 2: So she walks up and she goes, did you guys get the Barramunday?
Speaker 3: And I see this as a complete opportunity to say absolutely, yeah, we got we got the barrel Mundy. We ordered it in the banquet, and she went, I don't think the barrel money in the banquet. And I knew there wasn't any barral money in the banquet, but I wanted that barrel Monday. So I said, oh yeah, yeah, no, I definitely was the reason we ordered the banquet was because I love me some baron moundy.
Speaker 2: So that's for us me.
Speaker 1: So she looked at me like you double down on the line.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, double down.
Speaker 1: I'm a barrel mundy other fish.
Speaker 2: I was so evil the table next to me.
Speaker 3: You know, when you've ordered your food and it's taking it a little while too long, so you're watching every plate that the waitress brings out. This was the table next to me's barrel Mondy that they've been waiting on, and they saw her come to me.
Speaker 2: See me take it.
Speaker 3: She the waitress reluctantly puts it on the table and like paranhas we all ravished this Barremunday. She then walks back the waitress about two minutes later and goes, I just wanted to say the Barramundy wasn't included in the banquet.
Speaker 2: But when when you it's on the house, enjoyed, enjoy the barramundy.
Speaker 1: You stole that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you intentionally set up to take somebody else's fish.
Speaker 2: Have a ballad klava on and a baseball a fishing rod.
Speaker 1: I mean it did it? You did it.
Speaker 4: You just gave a bit of information and said, you know, I think it's in the banquet.
Speaker 6: No, he said, it's definitely in the banquet.
Speaker 4: I am more on your side, he image, because I think as a waitress it's your job to know what isn't in the banquet.
Speaker 1: And if you're not sure, don't put it down on the table.
Speaker 2: Once it's down, it's free game.
Speaker 4: If you've put that down on the table, you can't take a Backyone.
Speaker 2: Says that in the hospitality played on table, free game.
Speaker 6: Both are shady little suckers.
Speaker 1: Never going to trust either of you. Again, you should you'll get more food when we go out for dinner. You'll get my food.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, wouldn't bat niling Mitch.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with this.
Speaker 4: I think that if you're at a restaurant, if they're going to put food on your table, then it's yours to eat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's capitalize on this poor new little waitress on a first day on the job of a brand new restaurant.
Speaker 6: She's just trying to save some money to get by.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you show her, you take her money and make her get fired.
Speaker 2: She was a bat from France. I didn't take her money.
Speaker 6: I just took her Yeah, but now she gave away free food.
Speaker 1: What if the restaurant fires?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are so dramatic as if Brittany Hockley, the Queen of Carbonara sitting down at your local Italian if they had a plate of Carbonara and said did you order this?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't say yet.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: What I always say because this happens a lot, right, people always get brought the wrong food.
Speaker 1: I always say, I didn't order that, but I do love it. If it's going back to the kitchen, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I always say that, Oh, you're such a mummy.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you know what, I'm.
Speaker 6: The most mum non mom that there is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm the mum and I'll still take the free food.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: I think that this is a learning curve for everyone. I think that she's not going to make the same mistake twice, and you don't get fired for one mistake.
Speaker 1: So if she does it again and once again, it's on her.
Speaker 3: I just love that we flipped it from me being in the wrong to this waitress.
Speaker 1: She's in competent.
Speaker 2: Flaura's like moral of the story, fire the word.
Speaker 1: To friends.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a bit extreme, but I'm dramatic.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, Well, look, I have a question for you guys.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's okay to bear your partner from certain things, like to stop them from doing or using certain things.
Speaker 5: I think it's okay if you're bearing your partner from stealing food at a restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Well I don't seem to have a problem with that. But there is something that I've banned Matt from doing, and I don't know. Maybe I'm in the wrong, but maybe I'm onto something.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's next here at the pickup.
Speaker 4: I have a true phobia to chewing gum, Like I can't be in the same room as someone chewing chewing gum. It makes me feel like my anxiety goes through the roof. I feel hot and sweaty, like I can't stand the smell of it. I can't stand the sound of it makes me feel physically sick. Now, this goes beyond chewing gum. It's actually anything that smells like the smell of chewing gum, Like it's a specific chewing gum. It's the mintiness. It's the overpowering stench of minty breath. Now, matt uses a toothpaste and it is his favorite toothpaste, and he's been using it for a really long time.
Speaker 2: Your husband, Mattie J My husband, Matty JA.
Speaker 4: So anytime he brings chewing gum home into the house, I will throw it in the bin or I will hide it. And he just thinks he's gone through with the packet of chewing gum. He thinks that it just magically disappeared. But recently he started using this toothpaste that smells identical to chewing gum. And it is so revolting to me that anytimes he brings it into the bathroom, I then have to go and hide it, to hide it either in the cupboard or I hide it like under the basin. I just can't stand the thought of him coming to bed and the mintiness of it being in his mustache and in his mouth.
Speaker 1: He brought his mustache with that.
Speaker 5: He's the mustache now it lingers just buy different toothpaste.
Speaker 1: No, I do, I have one.
Speaker 4: There is a specific kind of toothpaste that's okay for him to use.
Speaker 1: He likes the other one.
Speaker 2: He's allowed to buy his favorite toothpaste.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: But what happens if you're dating someone who uses something that you hate? Is it okay to hide it or to throw it in the bin, or to ban them from using it?
Speaker 1: Or am I insane?
Speaker 2: I think it's you break up with them.
Speaker 1: I'm not breaking over my husband over toothpape.
Speaker 3: I don't know that was advice for Maddie and Natalie's here on thirteen one or six five?
Speaker 2: Do you do that? Well?
Speaker 8: My boyfriend I threw out a pair of his shoes. He had, you know, those like black and white checkers slip on van.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, from when you're like seventeen.
Speaker 8: Yes, literally like massive blink on eity two fan. I get it, But like we've moved on, surely, but he.
Speaker 4: Didn't move on. Does he know that you threw them away? Or did you just say, oh man, they must have gone missing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, you know we went on a camping trip. You've probably just left them like, we can't go back to them. I'm sorry, you know, I kind of played it off.
Speaker 7: Bit fly.
Speaker 1: I'm on board with that, I think.
Speaker 2: And they stink those shoes, they get the sweat in them and had them.
Speaker 4: Since you're seventeen, guys, how can you be okay with throwing away someone's clothing items, but you're not okay with toothpaste?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Clean teeth are important, sticky use or not?
Speaker 2: Emma, Emma, did you do this? Did you throw something out of your partners?
Speaker 9: I did. I did. Unfortunately, my partner has a pair of old briefs that he wore the night that we met, and he always calls them his lucky brief and he never want to chuck them, which I thought.
Speaker 7: Was so cute.
Speaker 9: And then a few weeks ago, he had his like guys over and they all had a few too much to drink and they started talking about how he used to wear them every single time he went out to try me the girl, and it kind of took away the charm for me.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I'm not actually that lucky. It's just that you stuck.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was the only one that stuck. I was the lucky one that like sell for it that I decided to chuck them after that, and he still doesn't know.
Speaker 5: I get that you like, he wore them on the first time we met.
Speaker 1: The problem is that was thirty two years ago.
Speaker 4: Now I think it's fine. I think if there's something that you absolutely hate, you can throw on the bed.
Speaker 1: Okay, last caller, what do you got for us?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 6: H you Well that sounds a lot like Mattie Jay.
Speaker 2: I know that guy and anyone smells coming from that here.
Speaker 1: No, no, because he's been using my toothpaste.
Speaker 2: Hello, am I darling, I'm Maddie.
Speaker 7: What is wrong with you? Firstly, why didn't you just tell me that you didn't want me to use a toothpaste? Very expensive? That's like six dollars the tube threw away?
Speaker 4: It is not because I have told you many times I hate the smell of that toothpaste.
Speaker 1: And I haven't thrown them. I'm just hidden them several.
Speaker 7: Then I wouldn't. After this phone call, I'm going to go straight to the supermarket by a new tube of extraminity tooth.
Speaker 1: I can't see it.
Speaker 7: I will stop using it if you have a shower before getting the bed.
Speaker 5: Fair Laura, you stink bug I always washed my feet in my face in the sink.
Speaker 2: You know what does that mean? You wash your feet and your.
Speaker 5: She lifts her feet up into the bathroom sink to wash them instead of showering before bed.
Speaker 2: It's rank wow, no defense. She had nothing to say.
Speaker 4: Because she Matt knows. She knows, you know, I know. Alay, guys, we can fight about this when I get home.
Speaker 3: No, no, I actually think Laura talks about the issue she has with Matt on the air, officially team Matt for the first time.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But it's like living in a prison here in this household. I can't I can't choose, and I can't use toothpaste. I can't even wear Laura's underwear. I can't do anything.
Speaker 1: The underwear things a bit weird.
Speaker 4: If it's minty, I don't want it. But the rest of it, I'm okay with you. Leave your most authentic self.
Speaker 3: Lunch break at the prison, go back and get some gym time in for the day.
Speaker 1: Stop listening and stop calling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why you're listening. All right, You are the problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you are, Taylor Swift, the problem.
Speaker 4: If okay, I want to know you can slide into my dms as well. If you do block and to tell your partners that they can't do things.
Speaker 1: I need more ammunition. Let us know. I could keep this going all week.
Speaker 2: Guys. Let's go. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let's have to go showers, so we better go, not just our feet.
Speaker 3: If you missing the show, you can podcast it on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 1: See you, guys,