Speaker 1: Come on here.
Speaker 2: We go into the week vibes on the pickup. Let's right, everybody.
Speaker 1: I was distracted then because I was mid dance, was doing some dance moods.
Speaker 3: Okay, you think you have the neighbor from Hell. We've spoken about her before on the show. She's bad, truly horrific. She waters me with a water plan. Yeah, there is somebody who is worse. I think I have officially found Australia's worse neighbor from hell.
Speaker 2: Okay, fantastic. Next, though, we've got an ask gun Cup. We've got a listener that needs our help. They've come to the right place.
Speaker 3: Look, we have no experience, but lots of enthusiasm and we will do our best to answer all your questions.
Speaker 2: Well, just get ready for this. What if your best friend married your ex boyfriend? Just have a think about that and we will. Yeah, we'll unpack it. Next at the Pickup Around Australia for your Friday around Australia. Welcome to the pick Up, Britt, Laura and Mitch All. Thanks to Chemists Warehouse, you can get Black Moore's Executive be Stress Formulas two fifties available now at Chemists Warehouse for just forty seven ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for you. So, ladies, you're ready to get a little therapy vibe.
Speaker 4: Oh I love this you're talking about Ask gun cut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Ask our cat.
Speaker 2: So this is your chance to give us a bus thirteen one I sixty five or send us a DM on the pickup socials. Anything you want to ask, deep, dark burning questions. Will answer them. We'll do our best.
Speaker 3: Sarah has a question for us.
Speaker 2: Hi, Sarah, Hi.
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: I love you, guys, love you. I'm just I am in a real pickle. My best friend she's actually marrying my boyfriend who I was with for like six years, and I'm happily married. Yeah, like I'm happily married. I've in with my husband now for you know, a really long time, like five years now, and we've got two beautiful kids. We're so happy. But it's just it's a bit. I'm just I'm I'm sure whether or not I should go to the wedding. I've been invited, she's even floated the idea about me being a bridesmaid and everything. Oh, I just do know what to do.
Speaker 3: Please help me Okay, So how long has it been since you dated him?
Speaker 5: It's been about like ten years. I would say, do you hate me quite a while?
Speaker 4: Do you hang out with them?
Speaker 1: It's like, because she's your best friend, you like family friends, like going double dates and stuff regularly, or is this a weird like you don't often see them?
Speaker 5: No? See, we kind of like even our conversations are very minimal. When we talk about it, we just kind of it just gets a bit off and we kind of brush over because we know, you tether since we were like four or something, you know, so we just catch up for our girls drinks and you know that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: What was it like when at the very start, like when she started dating, were you already happily in a new relationship and did she say, oh hey, i'm dating your ex boyfriendly? How did you find out? Was that an awkward period? Yes?
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 5: She sat me down and everything and kind of said, look, I know that you were, you know, with him for a really long time, but you know we got to talking and you know, they bumped into each other at like a work drinks function.
Speaker 1: I just think, Sarah, at the end of the day, like you don't have to do anything you're uncomfortable with. I'm sure your best friend would understand if you don't want to go and watch them get married because it will make you feel strange for some reason. I think you can explain that to it. I do think that's okay. But you you've also moved on and you've got your kids, and is it going to impact your friendship with your best friend if you don't go? And I think that is the really big question here? Can you rise above it for just a day to keep that friendship intact?
Speaker 3: I have a bit of a different take than Britt. I kind of think you should go. I think as her best friend, I think if you don't go, you're kind of making the day about yourself rather than it being about them. And you're happy if you want, If you still pined for him, if you still were thinking about the relationship that got away, but you're happily in a relationship and you've got two kids, I would just say go and support your best friend, but probably wouldn't be standing next to him, was the man opinion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the thing. Do I go as a bridge? Do I say yes to being a bride as well? She's asking to be a bride. Beat at everything.
Speaker 6: I think you just.
Speaker 3: Say, you're probably pushing it a bit too far. Let me go, Let me go and have my distance and watch from afar.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, No, I think, go. But you have to have one speech, and you have as long as you want. You're allowed to go. But you say, I want to be able to have an open mic for as long as I need to vent and get because you know the parents, use your eggs, you know the parents of the family, you know all the brothers, and.
Speaker 5: Can you tell the exactly stay a picture like we lost it like we were each other's first we went to our formal together. I'm talking like we've known it, like we've all known each other for a really long time. I mean it ended kind of mutually as well. We kind of grew apart, you know when you reach that early twenties age as well, like you kind of like once we both hit twenty two, were like, I don't know buck you know? So anyway, Yeah, I like the idea about the speech though, Yeah, you need to make the speech.
Speaker 2: And I think you should be able to wear the garter and you get to throw the.
Speaker 4: Bakele and a longer, happier life than we had.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I love it. I'm writing this down.
Speaker 2: It's a shame the best sex of your life is behind you.
Speaker 3: Make sure you tell everyone exactly how you know the groom.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, that's good. All right, if you haven't asked, gun cut, if you need some help or some advice, or we'll just laugh at you really like we just did hit us up on the pickup Socials or thirteen one oh six five. Now next Australia has a new worst neighbor.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 4: I'd be moving immediately.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's next to the pickup. It's the pick up for your Friday afternoon. Britt, Laura and Mitch. We are here and of the week vibes or things to chemist warehouse running today, great savings every day.
Speaker 1: Last year, do you remember the pooh jogger that was going viral? I think it was the Sydney socialite Roxy de Senko. She discovered this pood jogger. He was just pooing out the front of people's lawns.
Speaker 3: And going for a jog and doing a pool. I love that we've we've reduced it down.
Speaker 4: The poo jogs. We've got a new one. We've got someone that I think has possibly trumped that.
Speaker 1: He's been named the balcony chunderer.
Speaker 4: What now.
Speaker 1: They are Every time they're going onto their balcony and an apartment block, they are.
Speaker 4: Vomiting over the side. And obviously it's a few stories up.
Speaker 1: The chunder is going on people's balconies, it's going on people's clothes when they're got their washing out down the bottom.
Speaker 4: It is going everywhere. He's a repeat chunder offender.
Speaker 1: They've started to put out because they can't talk who it's from, right, it must be a huge block.
Speaker 4: So it started to put all these public notices.
Speaker 1: Around being like, keep your under to yourself. If you're gonna go on your balcony to vomit, don't do it anymore. Put a bucket out, just go vomit and the toilet.
Speaker 2: Why are you.
Speaker 4: Vomiting so much?
Speaker 2: This is what the note said. This is what was put around in the Strata building. It said, your neighbors don't appreciate cleaning your vomit off our balconies, outdoor furniture, and our clothes that we're drying outside. Please do not vomit over the edge of the balcony.
Speaker 1: Well, it's been going for six months. It's like the biggest detective mystery, the balcony chunder.
Speaker 4: They can't figure out who it is.
Speaker 3: Becauld you imagine having somebody vomit off a balcony and like, imagine you wanted to they We're out there, what is this during the day though exactly like it's the middle of summertime. You're sitting out relaxing and all of a sudden splic It's like worse than being shot on by a pelican.
Speaker 4: Also, if you're the chunder and you're listening, go to the doctor. No one vomits that much. Something not something I reckon.
Speaker 3: It's a weekend vomit someone who's been having nothing.
Speaker 4: At any time of the day. No, that's not just weekends.
Speaker 2: I know an optimist. I think if you get vomited on, that's good luck.
Speaker 4: Mich that's being shipped on by birth.
Speaker 2: Oh is it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I got my wives crossed upon? All right, we'll keep the investigation into the balcony undergoing.
Speaker 3: If if I know anything about it, please slide into the dams or to cover this person.
Speaker 2: Next to the pickup. We love doing this we've done it before. What white lies have you had to tell your kids? Little white lies?
Speaker 3: I lighter my kids all the time. I lighted my children.
Speaker 2: I bribe them.
Speaker 3: It's the only way to get anything done. And anyone who says otherwise is a better parent than I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Plus, we've got five hundred dollars Chemists ware House gift card up for grabs. It's next at the pickup. It's the pickup for Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist's Warehouse, Black Moore's executive be Stress Formulas two fifties are available now at Chemists Warehouse, but just forty seven ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for use.
Speaker 3: So earlier this week, I was talking about some of the white lies that I've had to tell my children recently. Because Marley May, she's three and a half, she asked me how babies get inside tummies.
Speaker 4: She's not there yet, she's not there for the truth. She's not.
Speaker 3: I just said, because we love each other so much, it's spontaneous. When two people love each other and they want a baby, it appears in your belly spontaneously, spontaneo.
Speaker 2: And we're very creative.
Speaker 4: Could have gone with my stork, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or downloads a USB stick or something. Put the USB stick a four year old.
Speaker 3: My part and Matt and I we've been very conscious about not wanting to try and lie too much. You know, we will to try and give them as close to the version as possible. But I just think three and a half is a bit too young to talk about the birds and the bees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you. It's clearly resonated with the pickup audience because there are a bunch of liars too. The amount of messages we got on the pick up socials about little white lies. They're telling their kids so many and.
Speaker 3: Do you know what, yours are way worse than mine. So I feel really good about myself.
Speaker 2: Rachel says. She tells her kids that the police paddy wagons that you know the kids see in this in the street are sleep police and they come to take kids away who don't sleep at bedtime, and they drive them around until they sleep and then return them to their home.
Speaker 4: That's a pretty hectic lie.
Speaker 3: I think this is terrible because you want to feel like a good relationship with your kids and police. You don't want your kids to be frightened at the police. They're going to come and take them in the nighttime.
Speaker 2: They're going to grow out of it. It's fine they or traumatize what they're twenty first, they're going to go. We don't want the police to be called. I don't want to sleep yet. I don't want to go to bed yet. Everyone go to sleep.
Speaker 4: No, they have to go to bed. That's why they don't have the party.
Speaker 3: It's brilliant.
Speaker 4: You can't have pie and because the police might come.
Speaker 1: What about the very standard like when you hear the ice cream truck coming down the road and they play yeah, you know the one who plays the music. Karen called in and she just tells the kids that, like, if the ice cream truck's playing the music, it means this run out of ice cream. Very standard for a lot of parents.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to use this one from Jacinta. She said, I told my daughter that if she doesn't stop drawing on the walls, they're going to open up and swallow her.
Speaker 4: The walls are and that's aggressive to you guys are scary?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, we do have a five hundred dollar chemist to wear house about you to give away, and I'm going to award it today to Erica.
Speaker 2: Hi, Erica, welcome to the pickup. What you like?
Speaker 3: What have you been lying to your kids about?
Speaker 6: So my son found my very special toy. He was about five years old, and he was using it as a gum going pow pow pow. And then he said, Mommy, what is this for? And I said, oh, that's just mommy's foot massages. So I had to had to show him how I roll it on my on my sheet.
Speaker 1: Oh. I think this is funny because those special toys sometimes they sometimes they're just not one. It comes down with like a handle, like it looks like you could hold it there.
Speaker 3: Just pretending it's a their gun. Eric, make sure you hide and don't let him go play guns with it all the time.
Speaker 1: But definitely you you've won the five hundred dollars Chemist to wear House aboutcher.
Speaker 2: Eric, and make sure that you tell him that when he finally gets a partner, he doesn't go, hey, oh, let's let let's thank you guys five hundred bucks at chemistware House. Enjoy. That's the end of us. Will and Woody are up next. The boys are turning over the radio show to AI. The computers are in charge.
Speaker 4: That's gonna go.
Speaker 3: Well, well, it'll be sad to see them cancel.
Speaker 4: Wait, maybe we have a new job next year on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe. All right, we'll see you guys on Monday.