Speaker 1: I heart Podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Well, we have some exciting show news. I just presume that no one knew, but everyone knows our news. I'm just reading a message now from Jess Christian. I've just heard your big news. Congratulations. How do you all know?
Speaker 2: You didn't say it?
Speaker 3: I haven't said it. Who is saying my news? Who is out there we're scoundrel right now? Is doing our big reveal? This is really exciting news for us. And when I mean us, I don't just mean me and the team on the show. I mean everyone who listens to the show every day, whether you've come along recently or you've been there since the early days over seven years ago. We make the show with you guys every single day. Like the calls you just had the time wasters, We'll have an hour and a half the misheard lyrics on a Monday. So as much as it is a big moment for me and the team, it's also a really big moment for this city and the listeners to this show because from January next year we get to break new ground. Will be the first ever commercial breakfast show to go live to Australia. I actually can't believe we get to say these words. I've been dreaming about this. There hasn't been a day I haven't thought about this for the last seven years. I can't believe it's actually going to happen, that we are going to actually be a radio show that, hopefully, and that's what's in my heart, brings Australia together in the morning. The last seven years, we've woken Melbourne up together, and now we're going to be waking up the country one show at a time starting next year. So yes, Adelaide Perth, Coast to Coast, Perth to Brisbane and then Sydney from Melbourne, this radio show is going live next year and I couldn't be more excited.
Speaker 1: It cannot come soon enough. Next year. I can't believe that we get to continue what we've been doing for the last seven years. And I just want to say a big thank you to every single one of you who's been part of this very, very wild ride that has been my life for the last seven years. Because if you hadn't embraced a show, you've taken it into your homes, into your cars, into your kitchens and into your hearts. This wouldn't be happening. So as much as the bosses have allowed this opportunity, it's you have actually made it happen. So I hope you're proud for this show. You built the show. It's a very unique show. There'd be a lot of people that will say this won't be able to work. Carl and Jackie O tried to go into Melbourne and you've seen what's happened. There were two very very different shows. And I did hear seven years ago that this wasn't going to work. And the last seven years were showing me if you have a dream and you worn't hard enough, you just never know. Sometimes miracles happen. So that is our big news. John Moberdrivo picked me up this morning. You already knew, Jess already knows. Shane in Sydney messages me an hour ago, going can't wait to meet you next year in Sydney.
Speaker 2: How do you all know?
Speaker 1: I get the feene right now Melbourne ago and yeah, Christian, we read it over the weekend. Jones and Amanda ruins your reveal party on Friday on Jones and Amanda when it comes to the show being So this show is going to be national from January next year in Sydney. We are going to be replacing Jones and Amanda. Now. They've been a legendary radio show for not just Sydney but for Australia, and I think Amanda is one of the best to ever be on TV in the radio, and I just want to say huge thank you. They'll be handing over their show they've been doing for a very very long time to us, and so it's an honor to be a part of something new on the show that they've been doing together for a really long time. And I've got a lovely message from Amanda on Friday who just simply said, I'm glad the new guy is you now. I don't think you can be a new guy at fifty two, but I'm going to run with it Amanda and now Jones Amanda aren't going to be going anywhere. We get the national breakfast show on that same radio station Gold across Australia. You get Jones and Amanda on Drive Time one radio station. You get two great shows. You get Jones and Amanda on in afternoons and you get us on the breakfast show son. That is our big news. The reason why I'm telling you now really is just to say thank you. I am really excited, but it's actually more important to say thank you to everyone who's been a big part of the show. Also to say well done to Patsy Rio and the team have been with me for a very long time. I hope you're already proud as well. I can't wait for next year.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it's actually happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done, Patsy.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you mate. Honestly, never in my wildest dreams, especially in my fifties, did I think that this would come along. And you're right, it's thanks to the listeners. And I'm so excited to see what we can do. And then everyone around Australia is sharing their seems surreal to say that, sharing their lives as well and making the show as great, you know, as great at the show as it is. So I can't wait. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: And to tell you what, you know, if you love doing the time waste that you really need to get a lot better this year because suddenly you've got a few extra cities. How are we going to mark them all. It's going to take an hour. You've certainly got Sydney, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane all testing in for the time waste and she's going to get very very busy. But we can't wait. And of course we can't do without you. We'll be doing this together. We get to wake Australia up. This will be a show that from our corner of the dial, likely don for the last seven years, will be a you can enjoy positivity and connection. Let's do this