Speaker 1: Oh, good morning.
Speaker 2: Is a Christian a Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 3: You can't remember what he did yesterday?
Speaker 4: Thank you, Greg, I thought you were going to forget me.
Speaker 1: On the end the.
Speaker 2: Christian No Connall Show on Gold point three.
Speaker 5: Good morning, it's five minutes past six. Fresh Day today. Fresh out there wakes you up when it's kind of like this, A nice bit of sharpness in the air. Good morning, welcome to the show, Busy Show today. Good morning, Patsy, Good morning, Jack, Good morning morning. I think Dan Andrews has done a great job. I don't know. Some people will go one way or the other depending on social media rest but when he comes on it, I think he's handled a very very difficult situation really well. It comes across very well on TV. He is a a he's got a statesmanlike quality about him. He's measured, he's smart, he makes complicated things very simple. I think he's done a great job here in Victoria over the last couple of months. Then yesterday I see everyone goes tis over because his comments about going to South Australia. This is amazing. Have her listened to this? As soon as he says I don't want to be offensive too. When anyone says, I don't want to be offense, no offense, no offense, but you realize something bad is coming.
Speaker 6: Well, look, I don't want to be offencive two s Australians, but why would you want to go there? Why would you want to go there?
Speaker 5: Holiday?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 6: The best experiences in our nation are right here in Victoria.
Speaker 5: Now I understand what he's saying. He's saying, look, you know, let's be let's be safe, and there's so much to do. He's puffing up, but Victorian rightly, so, there is so much to do in this great stuff.
Speaker 4: And because South Australia won't let anyone travel across the border for tourism.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he's trying to do his best, I guess, to calm it all down and not to be an issue. But unfortunately he's made it worse. I mean, why would you go there?
Speaker 6: Well, look, I don't want to be offencive two s Austrians, but why would you want.
Speaker 5: To go there?
Speaker 6: Why would you want to go there?
Speaker 5: Holiday? We're on the verge of civil war. It shuts fired from them, civil war, you know, Just so when we look at America and all the craziness going over there, and in the UK as well. We think, gosh, it's a lot calmer here, Dan Andrews. What's your planet's trying to provoke a civil war? You know we're gonna have to go and fight the South Australians. Have you guys? You guys must have been there. I've only been to I've been to Adelaide for a weekend. I went to the UFC over there a while ago and I found a very pleasant little place. Actually, it's a nice oval.
Speaker 4: I'm the same only one time we went to watch Essen and Playport Adelaide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all right, not a lot to do. The winery is are lovely, you know.
Speaker 5: I've drunk quite a bit of the Adelaide Hills wives. There's some beautiful wines around there. But other than that, right, what would you recommend?
Speaker 4: And I worked in Adelaide?
Speaker 3: Has this just come to light?
Speaker 5: Wait for a second.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I used to work in Adelaide as well.
Speaker 5: What did you do there?
Speaker 4: I was my very first job in commercial radio. I worked on the breakfast show s A FM. Did you be equivalent to Fox FM?
Speaker 5: YEA? And what were you doing there, thunderguy?
Speaker 4: I was I was only work experience hasn't been paid, and I had to. I will reveal a secret. I had to call callers to see if they would want to be callers on the show, which is it is evil practice that we would never do here.
Speaker 5: We never had to fake ever. I've never done that, and stay one. I remember when I first started in radio, someone said, oh, sometimes you can just call people up. I've called before and asked them to come on the show and away. If I need to do that, I'm not doing it right. I'd rather learn how to get the show better.
Speaker 4: It defeats a purpose, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: Because but I know many shows you probably do as well. You mustn't name them that still do this to this day, a lot of big shows.
Speaker 4: And that was my first job in radio, to get the fake callers on.
Speaker 8: So what would you say to people, Hey, Dave, you said they were people trying to win a cas sticker two months ago. Not any good stories bombo and a phone in today about the funniest place you farted.
Speaker 5: Please, no, seriously, please Dave, pull over and speak to them. They're crying at the moment.
Speaker 4: I'll give you a farting story, Dave.
Speaker 5: To you, all right, So why should we go to South Australia. What is there? What did you see when you do work experience there? Did they say hey, you must go to No.
Speaker 4: I didn't do any sight seeing. I only spent three weeks there.
Speaker 5: Were you kept in a crate? I mean you barely remember it. I didn't do any I didn't see any sights.
Speaker 4: Well I remember is I lived on one side of the city and the radio station was on the other end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he's not.
Speaker 4: There on my bike?
Speaker 5: How told Tall? You are two strikes? You're east to west? All right? What is in South Australia? We may have people listening to the show right now in Adelaide or anywhere there. Please give us a call and sell it to us. Nine four one one oh four three Jack, have a quick google top ten tourist attractions in South Australia. We're going to try and help Dan Andrews out this morning and de escalate this situation. He's got us into.
Speaker 3: We're a war.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Patsy, what can you tell us about South Australia.
Speaker 3: Well, you've got Handorf, which is the delight for little German town. Just out of about twenty minutes out of town down to the freeway.
Speaker 5: What do you mean German town. They've got a fake German town.
Speaker 3: No, it was settled.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of some Germans and made them popul.
Speaker 3: Heated a lot of people. A lot of German people settled in that area and they set up their own little, very quaint village. It's so pretty. It's got an awesome pub there. So there's Harndorff, so that's a big tourist attraction. There's McLaren Vale.
Speaker 5: Come stare at the Germans. Don't standing at the edge of town, just staring at the quaint Germans.
Speaker 3: There's McLaren Vale, which awesome wine, produces some beautiful wines. The beaches are stunning. Beaches are beautiful. There's the oh they've got all the usual fair like the botanic gardens. There's is it the River Torrens? There is it the Torrens?
Speaker 5: Jack that goes listen, he don't even remember working there for three weeks of his life. I was to ask you about the local river that I.
Speaker 3: Think you could go on a cruise down there. There's the zoo. Adelaide's got his zoo.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, I mean nowhere in the world's got a zoo. You're saying a zoo. Oh god, you're going to stare at miserable locked up animals.
Speaker 4: River tarranty. Correct, but it is sounding like every other city, isn't it. Go to the zoo, go and see the river.
Speaker 5: No, No, go on a cruise. I mean there are many places that go on the cruise, aren't they? The Arctic Fjords go on a cruise.
Speaker 4: I'm so lay.
Speaker 5: I want to sort my superannuation out because I really would love to take a couple of hours. It just cruise.
Speaker 3: And they've got a tram. They've got a tramp. But you know what, it only goes in one direction, and there's only one cruise port down the beach and back to Titanic three. Rundle Mall is another thing. If you want to go shopping, that's about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well we'll postle this on too down Andrew's Jack. What have you found online? Toys? Attraction?
Speaker 4: Pat is kind of right. It's a lot of the wineries. It's hard off the German town. What else have we got here? A lot of pininsas Floral Peninsula, Eerie Peninsula, sorry, air Peninsula, Murray River. Now we have Murray River and Victoria as well Mount Gambia that's almost in Victoria. Yeah, another peninsula, a lot of.
Speaker 5: For the come for the peninsulas, stay for the cruise.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: So yesterday State Premier Victoria Dan Andrew said this.
Speaker 6: Well, look, I don't want to be a fancy to South Australians, but why would you want to go there? Why would you want to go there?
Speaker 5: So this morning we are trying to find out what is there about South Australia, What is there for us to go over there? Christian, I haven't heard anything about Flind Flinder's Rangers regards Mark. Have you guys heard anything about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do a lot of rock climbing and stuff there.
Speaker 5: I think someone else just texted this Adelaide the Home of the Stoner. I know you do like sort of giant sort of statues here in this country, right? Is that one of just the giant stone? Australia's the home of the Giant Stone? Is it one of those mega statues? Just a guy in stone with a ball.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that there was a stereotype for that in Adelaide. No, I must think more of like the northern coast of New South Wales around exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know. Over in Adelaide, who knew? All right, let's take some calls here, Sandy, good morning, good morning, yes hello?
Speaker 9: How could you not know about the giant rocking horse the world's largest rocking horse Gamaica.
Speaker 5: Not just a large rocking horse, the world's largest you know the highly coveted title. Isn't it the world's largest rocking horse.
Speaker 9: It's fifteen minutes away from handoff And in a twist of fate, my dad used sign the German Arms hotel at Handle.
Speaker 5: What a twist of faith. This is Adam and.
Speaker 9: It is the river Torrens and you take a boat ride off pop Height.
Speaker 5: This is all go.
Speaker 4: To the German town. Then just fifteen minutes on from that you can see the giant rocking horse.
Speaker 5: Are these two things connected? Did the Germans in the German town build this giant rocking horse?
Speaker 10: Probably?
Speaker 9: The town of giant rocking horses in is called Gummeraca. They have that for a name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that German toymakers do like a nice wooden toy, They're beautifully made. I don't know if the two are connected. Or it's just a random I've just had a look on Google. You won't lie. That is a huge giant horse. It is. It's the world's biggest rocking horse. Just mentioned that. You should have said listen, other than the giant rocking horse. All right, why would you go?
Speaker 4: And we're trying to set up something now with the South Australian Premiere where we go straight to the Rocking Horse and come back in. We don't have to go through a major city the Rocking Horse bubble.
Speaker 5: That's awesome stuff. Sady, thank you very much to give us a call. Have a good day. How we got here, Paul? Good morning? Paul is a sky diver? Paul? It is Paul is the guy who when we did the Grand Final last year at the Whitnoval, him and two of his mates jumped out the plane with the football.
Speaker 4: Strapped to his front.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, So you've been over to South Australia. You've obviously skydive over there, have you.
Speaker 11: Yes, Scott, I've I've lived there for a little bit and I've got plenty of friends of family, so I've got lots of good reasons to head over. But one reason that you may not have experienced before? Is the mall balls?
Speaker 5: Do you know what I When I stayed in Adelaide last year for a weekend, I stayed at a hotel that was around the corner from that mall. Is it the Roundel mall?
Speaker 11: That's correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there were these two mega balls. Not been crude or rude. They're just giant, really shiny balls.
Speaker 12: And what they do get removed for polishing every once.
Speaker 2: In a while.
Speaker 5: How do you remove them? I mean they're like the size of like four humans on top of each other.
Speaker 13: They're huge pretty much.
Speaker 12: But the dual convex rooflectivity is something that for most Victorians I'll never get to experience unless they go to d More.
Speaker 5: I didn't understand if it was related to the history of the area and if it which is too random shiny balls? Come on? Is it? It's just too shiny balls? It looks like there were four other ones missing this desk.
Speaker 12: Arguably it's arguably more arty than the stuff down a slink.
Speaker 5: So right, that's all we'll get into an art.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 12: I would love a conversation with the.
Speaker 5: Man, Paul. Thank you very much. Cool, Wait, take care and let's go to Milder. Good morning, Milder, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 14: Just like get my bricktops out of the free What did.
Speaker 5: You got here? You got props? I love it? What's what's going on?
Speaker 14: Fruit chops? They are a little lolly that is soft and hanging fruit center of delicious apricotton peat and there's a layer of rich lustius milk chocolate over it. And they're a South Australian icon.
Speaker 4: Oh I've never heard of the fruit shark.
Speaker 14: Made by Robin Men's Australian owned company. They're based in South Australia and they're also the company that bringing back the polywaffle.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that is important work. That is important work they need to carry on a Dan Andrews should have picked that up as well. Good luck with the polly waffle returning off.
Speaker 14: Oh they are so yummy too.
Speaker 5: So well, how do you get hold of these? Where are you calling us from Mulder Melbourne?
Speaker 14: I have my stash, I have my contraband stash.
Speaker 5: Been smuggling in over the border.
Speaker 14: Yeah, because I'm originally born and bred in South Australia.
Speaker 4: So do you get it sent to you or do you go over to Adelaide and bring back a bootload.
Speaker 5: In the car.
Speaker 14: Well trip, because I was in summer, I couldn't bring them back because they'd melt in the car coming back across the border. But yeah, my kids loved them, so when I went across, I came back with like a seven kilo box of them and.
Speaker 5: Under the cover of darkness.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes. And then when the car broke down I had a flat tire. The kids were like, no, where's our frit chops?
Speaker 5: And did they taste nice?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 14: Like I said, they are apricotton, peach center dried fruit and they're covered in milk chocolate. Didn't get them in a white chocolate, milk chocolate and a dark chocolate.
Speaker 5: Gotcha all right?
Speaker 14: Company is called Robin.
Speaker 15: Men's got it all right?
Speaker 5: Milda? Thank you very much, cool, really funny. Thank you. Have a good day.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 5: Podcast doing now Mount Rushmore, where every week we took about the best what's the very best of something and did we debate which four on that thing are going to go on the Mount Rushmore. This week's something different and the reason why we're doing this is two days ago, in the middle of the show I just played Toto Africa and text came in enough the back of it, just saying thanks for playing the worst song in the world ever. Now that's quite some claim, isn't it the worst song in the world ever? Now, Toto Africa, to me, it's not the worst song in the world ever. I could name a couple of other songs I think are a genuinely bad songs where I feel sorry for the musicians and everyone had to record it and think why did they even bother putting this into the world. But Toto Africa feels like almless Africa. Yeah. I could name a couple of songs which irritate me personally, but then you probably liked them. So we thought that the Mount Rushmore, say, diferent one, what is the best worst song in the world ever? If we were going to make a Mount Rushmore with four songs up there, right, the worst songs in the world, what has to go up there? So that's what we're looking for this morning. Nine four one four one four three Mine one is this radio station I used to work for. They used to play a lot of Paul Simon music right, and our head of music Right used to like to showcase some of Paul Simon's range, and there was a song we used to occasionally play that I would argue about him every single time he played it. I said, this is the most moronic song in the world ever. But it's from a genius. Because sometimes great bands led Zep, Mad Got the Bad Ones and that who did a song in the early eighties which was shocking. They actually broke up a year later. I think it was a trauma of what they put out there. But anyway, Paul Simon, him and Art gun Funk called geniuses together right and they're a huge album two years after they did this beautiful song This is Paul Simon, Art got fun called this is Paul Simon as well. He wrote this.
Speaker 2: Hello Darkness, Mile Frame.
Speaker 5: And then from all of this pressure he puts a song out called cars Are Cars. This is so bad. Cars and cars all over the world, Cars and cars all the way. These key's going up. Let's yeah, okay. Cars a similarly made similarly Soul abandoned when they're wrong. He was back into it. Yeah, any other words, cars are Car. You must have to play this in the morning, Car Cars, the cars all over in the front Jack and the whales take the bron opinion.
Speaker 4: This is you know what happened this day? He told the record company that he'd written a new song, and on the cam in the way to show them, he's like, all right, what do.
Speaker 5: I write about you? If it was the Wiggles, we go that's a good song for children. Anyway. Later on the song he goes back into it, ride them on the left, all right, let's susceptible to the.
Speaker 2: Cars are car?
Speaker 5: I think actually drying them on the left, drying them on the right, susceptible to theft in the middle of the night. It's the dullest line ever written in a song. So my nomination is great artist, but cars are Cars by Paul Simon has to go on there.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to put my nomination behind as well.
Speaker 5: All right, we take a break, then we go to Jack and Pantsy's and we take yours as well. Christian O'Connell show podcast on a text today. Then on this week's Mount rushmore, what do you think is the worst song ever? We're trying to find the four we're looking for the best worst songs for me. Paul Simon, Cars are Cars Engineer in the front, He's right, you think about it's the brunt the Wills take the brunt. That's Paul Simon. Everyone. Jack, what's it for you? Mate?
Speaker 4: I'm nervous about saying mine because I know it is an Australian favorite and I don't want to get off side with the audience.
Speaker 3: I'll better not be cold.
Speaker 4: Chisel Jack, I would never chisel, but I it irks me every time I hear this song.
Speaker 5: I thought this was one of the one of the people's anthems. It is.
Speaker 4: It is heralded as a people's anthem. I just kind of shrug when I hear it. The thing I think that rubs out the wrong way about it is the constant near rhyming in the verse lyrics.
Speaker 5: Break it down for us.
Speaker 4: So I met a strange lady. She may be nervous. She took me in and gave me breakfast. Now, nervous in breakfast is not a rhyme. And then okay, let's punch it up. What could have gone for?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to rewrite Colin Hayes song for him.
Speaker 5: Do you know what, Maybe there's a feature once a week we try and rewrite called it. In comedy circles they called it a punch up is where they will try and punch up the jokes. They called it, so you try and get better punchline.
Speaker 4: So I would rather he chose words that didn't rhyme at all rather than this near rhyme. That's what's greating. And the worst one is the famous, the most famous line in the song about the veggie might sounds of course, yeah, do you speak my language? He smiled and gave me a veggie mighte sandwich.
Speaker 5: I think that works now, I'll give that one.
Speaker 4: I think that sandwich. I think it's too it's too close that it just irritates me.
Speaker 5: Are you listening to the master songwriter a John Lennon? I mean, do we need to break out some of the lyrics from his album They Head last year.
Speaker 4: Now, Paul Simon Jack in the back jack perfectly with You've.
Speaker 5: Got to give that to it and the songs inane rubbish. But yeah, okay, Maria's song that she thinks is the worst song in the world ever. It's actually this hot. All I want to do is make love to you. Now. I've played this many times. I like this song. I think this is a good kind of power banner. But however, I never really paid much attention to the lyrics. It's just a melody of it all. However, the story is obviously about lady driving around, find some guy at the side of the road, doesn't even ask his name, jumps him in the back, and they start doing a hotel in me. It's a very casual pick up child. Yeah, just driving around, doesn't even ask his name, doesn't want to know his name. I didn't ask kir his name. This lonely boy in the rain. Fate tells me it's right, okay, is this love at first sight? Please don't make it wrong. Just stay for the night. All I want I do is mate, love to you. We know all this bit. So we found this hotel. It's a place I knew well. She scoped it out.
Speaker 4: Or she's done this before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we made magic that night. Oh he did everything right. He brought the woman out of me so many times. Easily stop at your dirty little thing. And in the morning, when he woke, all I did was left him a note. I told him I'm the flower. You are the seed. We walked in a garden, we planted a tree. Don't try to find me, please, don't you dare Just live in my memory. You'll always be there. It's a one night stand. She rides him and uses him. It's lonely by in the rain. It's a different song, now, is it a different songs? Say you will? Then she mentions here her loving arms, a loving arms. I've got loving arms, all right, Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 3: This song? Every time I hear it evan essence, my immortal. Oh it's like a whining cat.
Speaker 5: I know it's really popular about have you heard that awful one of those bring Me to Life as well?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: I just I really don't like it. When it came out in the early two thousands, our neighbors had a couple of teenage girls next door and their back the bedrooms, back.
Speaker 5: To that kind of emo. It's not really emo, it's it's.
Speaker 3: Just whiny and that play are loud and just.
Speaker 5: On look, this song gets me.
Speaker 3: Man, it makes me feel down.
Speaker 5: I know someone who's a massive fan right off this band and had an Immortal themed wedding. Really I'm not joking, like bring me to Life as they were coming down the aisle and this was at the wedding reception as well. It's be awful, So.
Speaker 4: I don't really a love song.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's it's a depressing song.
Speaker 5: It feels like a song that would have been on the soundtrack to You Have That. Fate of That Fate of sort of movie is all about sort of falling in love with were wolves. Twilight. That's it.
Speaker 4: That is about falling in love with a were wolf.
Speaker 5: All right, Let's go to the Lions finally, where you think are the best worst songs ever? Andrew? Good morning more christians est Andrew, what do you think is the worst song ever?
Speaker 18: Ma?
Speaker 19: I can't stand no? Look balloons?
Speaker 5: I think that is a great eighty song. How come mate? What's the problem with this?
Speaker 13: It's not in English.
Speaker 12: I don't know what they're saying when you guys play it like I press mute.
Speaker 5: I just can't stand it. It's not difficult to stand the ninety nine red balloons. Yes, yeah, all right, and thank you very much. Cools. You're not a fan of German language.
Speaker 4: He's not going to handle.
Speaker 5: So let's go to Tina. Good morning, Tina, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good Tina, Welcome to a show. So what do you think she'll be on our Mount Rushmore? Best song in the world what's it for you?
Speaker 20: God, I've still got traumatic memories from it from when i was a teenager. I'm so horny by mus Tea.
Speaker 5: Who is where is moose Tea?
Speaker 19: Now?
Speaker 5: He's still working on that long wages follow up till I'm horny?
Speaker 4: Why didn't you like it? Tina?
Speaker 20: Oh my god, because it's like an ear wren't that gets stuck in your head? And my mum, who's Italian, I was chopping with her. You're not going to believe it's in mya rush off as a teenager mortifying anyway. And my mum is singing that to herself.
Speaker 5: Your mum singing this in a brass shop of all the laces, any shops, singing.
Speaker 20: That, honestly, And I'm looking in here and a paun no silent said Mom, this is what Horny made.
Speaker 5: Yeah, keep it to yourself, even if you are holding all these bras, just keep it to yourself.
Speaker 13: Mane exactly.
Speaker 5: Ah, that's great.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Patsy had this in a news just now and a lot of emails came in overnight from listeners I still have in England. Listen to the show podcast and they're all pointing me to Boris Johnson. This is quite something. So Boris Johnson, Prime Minister, and he's trying to broke us some kind of big deal with Schoma about a UK Australia trade deal, fair talents for both countries. And he actually holds up It's amazing. See actually holds up in number ten Downing Street a packet of the great Tim.
Speaker 4: Tam jumbo pack.
Speaker 5: Yeah know where he got hold of them. But he's obviously he's the Prime Minister of England. He's got sources, you know, and says this, I.
Speaker 15: Want a world in which we send you.
Speaker 5: And what an opening speech there. I want a world, you know, is I'm Martin Luther King john imagine I want a world. What's in your world? Boris?
Speaker 15: I want a world in which we send you Marmke, you send us Vegamite, we send you penguins, and you send us with reduced tariffs. He's wonderful. Arnot's timpans how long can the British people be deprived of the opportunity to have Arnot's Tim TAM's at a reasonable price?
Speaker 5: Us Parme's love a bargain. Okay, Hence there Boris is selling it to the great British public with the phrase at a reasonable price in case these people sat there watching the Leader and they're going I could only dream, I could dream of having these.
Speaker 4: I share your dream, Borrow.
Speaker 5: I can't afford such a thing that these amazing. It's like, Sir Walter Radley, you've come back from the Promised Land? Did these Tim Tams you speak of? They look a small fortune, But.
Speaker 4: He's not selling it to the Australian public. I don't think we want Marmont.
Speaker 5: And can I just say, like, you don't want it? All right? You don't want Marmy And I have to say, when I first came in, I couldn't understand all the fuss about Tim Tams because I thought penguins were superior penguin Now they're huge in the UK. It's their visually kind of similar kind of thing to Tim Tams. However, the Tim Tam is superior.
Speaker 4: So why would we want to buy the penguin if we have the Tim Tams.
Speaker 5: I've got to say, you know, Boris doesn't hear me speaking out like this, but I'll say, at the moment, your side of the deal isn't very good. You know, my Mum and Dad getting tim Tams. Their lives are going to be made better. Okay, but I love this.
Speaker 15: I want a world in which we send you marmt you send us Vegamite, we send you penguins, and you send us with reduced tariffs. Who's wonderful Arnot's tim Tans. How long can the British people be deprived of the opportunity to have Arnot's tim Tams at a reasonable price?
Speaker 5: What a fumbling buffoon? That man is?
Speaker 20: Christinconnell, the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 5: So could Arnott's tim Chams at a reasonable price super available on the supermarket shelves of the UK this time last week was Thursday last week. We're talking about various snacks and a guy called Adrien or go down and show folklore. We really should actually build a statue to this guy. It's out the front of the station here told us this one day.
Speaker 13: I was standing there. I was looking at the salt miniga and the chicken twisted, and I couldn't decide, so I bought them both and put them all in one bag.
Speaker 5: You, sir, are a genius.
Speaker 13: My life thinks I'm a little bit crazy, but I like to live on the edge.
Speaker 5: You know, we were so pressed with this call about how he fused two different, opposing almost snacks together. We built a filter a feature around it called snack Genius.
Speaker 7: Snags Genius snacks, strange food combinations, ships, sing your ice cream, charliding your baker.
Speaker 5: Beautiful scene in there from a young producer. Rio definitely was in the school choir with a voice like that. All right, so does that work? Snack genius? What are your snacks? Give you some idea what we're talking about. Michael had this last week. We might be trying it tomorrow. So Friday is our testing day for two of your snack geniuses to go up against each other. We taste them and put them to the test. Worker, Are there snack genius or not? I love the sound of this natenna and sweetened condensed milk. You just take a And also, preparation time for a proper snack should be no more than twenty or thirty seconds. I will allow more of it involves shoving something in the microwave to be heated up or melted a cane, but that's preparation time should be for seconds, not measured in minutes or anything like that take a spoonful of natella and dipping in a tin of sweet and condensed milk. Prep time five seconds. Snack genius. I think we might try that out tomorrow. Salt chips and ice cream. Use the chip as an edible scoop. That's some July Prep time thirty stretching it bit. I know that some people use a tim tam as a straw and suck their hot tea or coffee as well. So I wonder if we've got anyone listening who's actually got a snack genius involving timtams. This was Melanie's one salt vinegar chips, sweet chili pilly which is Philidelphia cheese spread, and salami twiggies. Take the salt of Vinger chips, top it with the sweet chili philly and salami twiggy. Prep time one minute. See that sounds nice as well.
Speaker 2: Christian Iconold Christian o'connalds show podcast.
Speaker 5: Michael, we've got your text for snack genius that is revolting. That's no butter and sugar. Snack genius, by the way, is your ideas for your snack genius is where you put together lots of different things and hay press. You've got an amazing snack genius. Butter and sugar, knead together in the bowl with your fingers and eat. Prep time one minute, No, it's only one minute. What's the I'm in here.
Speaker 4: Doing to wash your hands? Maybe afterward?
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Michael, we are never doing that one on the show, but thank you anyway, Michael, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Snacks genius, snack strange food combinations ship seeing your ice cream sharld in your bacon.
Speaker 5: Do you know I'm going to a contact today?
Speaker 21: Now?
Speaker 5: We've got a friend Liz at the vic Opera. Yimm Carlos the opera singer. I think to see if Carlos mcconne redo that seeing that word for word coome on in two bens at work? Can't Corney's pretending to work right now in the office, but he secretly listened to show. Good morning, Ben. Christian has heard you talk much snack genius. I thought you guys might like to have your minds blowing by mine. We would natella Milo bananas, Peela banana, dip it or spread some of La Tella on it, then dip it in a can of mino and enjoy prep time thirteen seconds. It's both healthy and very unhealthy at the same time, thus creating snack genius. You'll thank me later. Cheers Ben, Ben. That's one to try. I love the so that, Thank you very much. Mine's a blowing bay as is. This comes from an organization known as the Heatherington Family Christian Our snack genius is choc zells chock cells. You need to get a family block of chocolate, family block of chocolate, crush it up into the single blocks, then half those squares and stick the half squares into the middle of a cheesel Oh, yeah it would fit. Then you get some macas fries dipped into maccas ice cream. Put it all together. It back to it is randomly chucking things together. All right, let's go to line take some ideas to snack genius for tomorrow. First of all, we go the masters call back with some new material. Adrian's on the line, who gave us the original idea for this.
Speaker 13: The Master's back, Morning, guys.
Speaker 5: And snake genius. What have you got for us this week?
Speaker 13: This one get a lot of screwed up faces, but it is awesome. You gotta have start with nice fresh bread, a Grannie Smith apple and a mars bar.
Speaker 4: Okay, it doesn't go together for me in my head yet, No.
Speaker 13: No, But give the apple a peal, slice it nice and thin, get the mars bar and slice it on a bit of an angle, nice and thin, and some good fresh bread and put it all together and it'll blow your mind.
Speaker 5: I don't think it will. These things, the sharpness of the apple and then the mars bar. I can't see how that works, super eat.
Speaker 13: I couldn't. I couldn't see how it worked either until I had it.
Speaker 5: Well, you know you're the master.
Speaker 4: We will try it, and do we butter the bread?
Speaker 13: Personally? I don't butter the bread, but that's your choice. But I don't normally butter the bread in any sandwich.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I might do ano the way you were talking about, sort of thinly slicing it like you would do a love Lee ham ls. I might go to the teddy countering. I just wanted to slice up my mask by get.
Speaker 13: Them to get him to run up through that machine.
Speaker 5: You're going to be highly trained on that.
Speaker 13: I'm pipting your mind end up with a finger in.
Speaker 5: Through that Adriam the Master, Thank you very much to give us a cool take care of no problem, David, good morning, Good morning Christian and Patsio. We got David. What's the snack genius for us?
Speaker 19: My snack genius is absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 13: Takes five seconds. Both get chips with.
Speaker 1: A dash of Tabasco sauce.
Speaker 5: Oh this is awesome.
Speaker 13: An explosion in your mouth.
Speaker 5: Yeah you got it, mate. I love this. This sort of thing you have after the first beer on a Friday or something that right, and.
Speaker 19: You can keep drinking.
Speaker 4: David, do you individually do each chip? I guess as it comes out of the bag, you do it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 19: A little couple of drops you don't want too much otherwise the chip dog, So a couple of.
Speaker 5: Dash and then David, that's a great one. Yeah we'll chut that in the mix. Okay, David, that's brilliant. Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 13: Way very much.
Speaker 5: Well, by now easy with the cutting off the corners out the collect Okay, the butcher of back, Dad's back, chopping them around like that to heavy Good morning, Good morning Christian, Debbie. Whatsnack genius if you got for us?
Speaker 10: Well, this is your genus. Banana and bacon pizza.
Speaker 5: Wow, how does it work? What are the taste sensations we'd get with that?
Speaker 10: You get the sweet and savory and the caramelization of banana with the with the bacon, that's all, you know, punchy and fantastic.
Speaker 4: So are you making a pizza from scratch? Are you getting a margarita? Say? And then putting the banana and bacon on top.
Speaker 10: I usually make it some scratch having the cheese on it, maybe not for best, but banana and bacon with the.
Speaker 5: Wait, you don't even cheese. It's a cheese let's pizza.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you can put some cheese on it.
Speaker 21: But it was.
Speaker 5: This is the end of the world. This is what the end of the world looks like. A doey Bananay, no way, it's an insult to a pizza.
Speaker 4: Pancakes as well, it's not even I wouldn't even call it a pizza anymore.
Speaker 5: It's all right, Denie, this agreed never to try that one. I would take one last one. David, Good morning, David, Good morning, David. What have you got for us?
Speaker 19: Pretty simple evolves one ingredient in a sandwich, preak, som bonds Christmas and.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is more like, yeah, I want that now. Ye God, that is brilliant.
Speaker 5: David. How long have you been sat on that genius idea?
Speaker 19: We discovered about eight nine years ago on a building side pretty fasty morning.
Speaker 5: Necessity is the mother of invention, is it? You're cold on a building side? All you had was the same breasts and cinemon. That's great. I love it, David. That's definitely want to try brilliant one. Thank you very much. Thank you, all right, we've got to go to the news. These are all brilliant. Apart from Debbie's one. Email me if you got any more. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: I came home from another long day of podcasting after this show.
Speaker 5: That sounds like someone that a Bruce Springsteen song, you know, working down that mine a long day podcaster, which involves sat on your backside pressing record.
Speaker 4: So I come from here three hours here than into that podcast forty five minutes turns into an hour.
Speaker 5: Who will your story be told this weekend? On sixty minutes? Is he working too hard? The Jackpost story?
Speaker 4: So I come home with my lunch box after the long day.
Speaker 5: Just wiping the grease off your forehead.
Speaker 4: I come inside and Biank has decided that she wants to paint a feature wall in the house in one room. So feature wall is just like a bright color on one wall. Don't have to paint the rest of the walls, just one wall. So she's gone out and got sample paints. I thought you start with like those pelletts, you know you swatch, Yes, watch, that's it where you can go, Okay, we'll look at that and go, oh do we like green? No, we prefer the mustard. She's just gone out and get the sample paints. She's done a big stripe of green, big stripe of mustard, and a big stripe of aqua and must.
Speaker 5: Are you aware of any of this conversation about the feature No, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know about the feature wall. She's usually been in charge of interior design. She gets a lot of house plans for the house. So I come home to the three different colors and she says, yes, I thought we'd have a feature warm. So now it's just up there. All the sample paints are on the wall.
Speaker 5: Honestly, right, it's like six foot stripes.
Speaker 3: You know what, though, Jack? She probably told you a week ago, but you weren't listening.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, that reminds me of the conversation that we had on the weekend that I don't listen enough and I got into trouble for that. So that is true, path and I might get into trouble again today that I didn't hear about it. But now we've got to spend our weekend priming over those colors.
Speaker 5: Which we should We go for the mustard, right, He's going for the mustard, and.
Speaker 4: We've got to put the mustard on the wall. So not only is it now, it's turned into a job for me as well all weekend got to paint again.
Speaker 5: And you still have another hatstand? Is the hatstand rack? Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry, the hat is up?
Speaker 5: Oh jo oh my, that's incredible. Wow the hatstand is that? What are five or six weeks? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Five weeks?
Speaker 5: Okay, So it's a mustard color then on a white wall, so you don't you have to like prep it. You'll have to do a coat of like that water around the original color.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll definitely have to do primate because you've got to go over now the greens that we.
Speaker 5: Listen to us just a couple of radio DJs. Yeah, we are so paint.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you painted your daughters recently.
Speaker 5: To start and going down to a friend's house until each time. I enjoyed it so much I've offered to go and help him paint at the weekend. He thought it was chunky. Yeah, even my wife said, I was just going, you don't have to do that, no, no, no, wan. So I really enjoyed it. I found it quite mindfulness, that's true. It's something very just a single thing you're doing. You just have to focus on the stroke of the brush and all that and thattually quite nice. Do you want to come around this?
Speaker 4: The invite is opened. If you want to paint the mustard on the wall.
Speaker 5: Bring my hat hanging. This has happened to me years ago. I remember I came home from from work and there was unmistakably a for sale sign outside the house. And not only had we not talked about selling the house at all, we hadn't talked about selling the house at all, that's it. And I went indoors obviously wasn't happening. I said, why is there for sales sign at the front of our house? Went, oh, you know what? I just put it up there just to see what office we get. We don't even have been like six months beforehand, right, just done the place up anyway. Ten minutes later there's one of those little weasels from the estate agent turning up to take it away and he goes to me, happens all the time, So so what did you come home to? This happens a lot. Okay when you just come in the front door, something has changed, the wind has changed, and there's some new director that's been laid down and like Jack said, you know now that's your weekend. Yeah, there's no consultation and we've got no right of reply because this is not worth it, is it? What did you come home to? You came home something were different. We want to know what it was.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Still getting emails coming in about your snack genius ideas and recipes, simple and tasty jam and letter sandwich.
Speaker 4: No, no, no way no, And.
Speaker 5: I love this song as well. There was a family on the Heatherington Family, remember I mentioned them. Then there one was all the chocolate and the cheesels. They've emailed back three different phone numbers to get hold of.
Speaker 4: Them they were chocolate cheesels. Then that's McDonald's fries with the McDonald's too much going.
Speaker 5: On, three different phone numbers, and then the third one in brackets after it. You have to ask for Glenn when you ring that one. What am I getting involved in? It's Glenn there. Please, I'm trying to get hold of the Heathering family. But they're snack genius, all right, Late La Party. Some of your emails that have come in we call them late law Party. Nothing we talk about on the show is no topic has ever left completely dead. You can pick it up whenever you want. This comes from Anthony with an H. Christian. Yesterday show, Patsy was talking about remembering having her nappy changed. Yeah, what calls we had yesterday, calls that we were always remember for a very long time. We were talking about earliest memories and I did not know that. I thought it was pretty incredible that Patsy claimed to have remembered having her nappy changed two years old. Two years old. Yep, Christian about Patsy claiming to have remembered having her nappy change? Are you sure she wasn't just a bit slow at potty training? And it was and she remembers it because it was when she was eighteen or nineteen.
Speaker 3: Coming very nice, so great.
Speaker 5: Actually, Anthony, thank you very much. Mammoth jigsaw is a subject of this heading from Marion Christian. The other week on the show, you were talking about Jack doing his one thound some piece jigsaw of a Croatian harbor. Yes, it's and whether or not he was going to dismantle it. About eight years ago, I completed a five thousand piece jigsaw on my dining room table. I liked it so much that I've left it there and had glass fitted over it. Wow, I mean, Marian, I'll say this. You like them tigers? Huh one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, nine tigers frame a central tiger making up number ten. That is a lot of tigers there. I also have a coffee table with the German castles. What is it? But castle's another state? Was it harbors marines and castles the German castle as well. Jigsaws can be useful. That's from Marion Christian. Was catching up on a podcast and normally listened to the shows. I'm driving to work in the morning, but couldn't of the day heard you talking about cuddlers and Jack took a particular interest in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did not take a particular.
Speaker 5: Let me ask the producers, producers, what was he like researching after the show and sort of reading out prices as well, and where would he get a cuddler from.
Speaker 18: He definitely was looking that up and then might have bookmarked it as well.
Speaker 4: I was saying, how ludicrous it is that it's saying that they're just cuddles, but it would say like.
Speaker 5: Oh, someone's getting very defensive head cuddlers.
Speaker 4: For two hours of cuddles one hundred and twenty dollars for an overnight cuddle to seven hundred dollars, Like.
Speaker 5: You know all the prices, don't you. Christian was catching up on the podcast and talking about cuddlers. Though it was not very popular here or people doing more than cuddling, it's very very commonplace in Japan. With modern lifestyle moving at fast place there, Japanese people are becoming more lonely. It's everywhere besides cuddlers to ease stress or loneliness. This has given me an idea, actually, I might start hiring myself out the weekend. People can also rent a dad for company. Listen if there's anyone listening that's prepared to just sickly fifty bucks. I'll come around for an hour. We'll have a chat with a cup of tea, a Tim Tam, and then I'll be on my way. Rent out a dad. I love the idea. Why a dad?
Speaker 4: We should rent you out? Anybody who wants to.
Speaker 5: Pay me out? Yeah, paid my dad.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: So we're doing isolated vocal now. This is where we play back a isolated raw vocal. None of the instruments, nothing else, just the voice. And this is from one of the biggest selling singles of nineteen ninety eight. Originally it was mooted to be a song for Alanis Morissette, but she moved on to do another song, but they went this with the Goo Goo Dolls and Iris. John Rezesnik is the lead single of this. This is an amazing song. Became the most played song around the world of nineteen ninety eight. In Ireland, it's the most popular single of all time. I don't know why the Irish love it so much, but number one here in Australia, UK, America, I think number one for eight weeks in America. Goo Goo Dolls Iris is this week's star of the Isolated Vocal.
Speaker 17: And care Fight the tears that ain't coming, Oh, the moment, the.
Speaker 16: Truth in your lies, when everything feels like the move is yeah you be just know you alive And I don't want to see me because I don't think today understand whenever things made have been broken.
Speaker 17: I just want you to know. I just want you to know why. I just want you to know why. I just want you to know why.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you heard that in a different way, but I appreciate that a different way. Actually, it's a song I've played many many times of the years on the radio. I realized what a beautiful love song that is. Actually Goo Goo Dolls Aris this week's isolated Vocal eleven minutes past on Gold is the Christian O'Connell show for Chemist Whales. This week, there's been news in Tasmania of quicksand I mean really bad. It's like swallowing up cars, a horse, cup of animals. Sadly got a horse. Yeah you imagine that though, to take a horse? Yeah? So, but as a kid, quicksand there wasn't any I don't believe it exists in England, right, but the idea of it. I was terrified that one day I could just be walking along and then suddenly get drawn in, you know, and then someone would try and rescue me, and then they'd come in as well.
Speaker 4: The herder you pull and fight against it apparently was the faster you think. That's what I remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just thought, God, what a horrible way to exit this planet with quicksand luck At the age of forty seven, I haven't come up against it yet, but any day I'm leaving this Randio stage, I'm always thinking today could be the day.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm surprised there's Australian quicksand I've never come across it in my thirty two years.
Speaker 5: Hi, So this morning, I want to know what scared you as a kid, because actually, even just reading the news story yesterday, I was like, my god, I'm not safe from its stall. I thought it was over. I thought the quick I thought there was no more quicksand in the world. They stopped inventing it or had stop being created. Now it's still around twenty twenty. Can't get any worse for me now COVID the bushfires are now quicksand in Tasmania is it's on its way here. I'm terrified. I didn't sleep last night. So I want to know what scared you as a kid. This was a big fear for me. Quicksand and what was under the bed as well. I'd have to check about five times every night what was under the bed even to this day. Right, Well now I don't have it under the bed because I broke a bed at the weekend.
Speaker 4: That's why you've never slept. Yes, the mattress has strode on the floor.
Speaker 5: What scared of you, Patsy? As a kid? You know what?
Speaker 3: I how did? That character? Catwasel Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah Cat.
Speaker 3: My brothers were into it.
Speaker 5: He was like, oh you lived in a in a kind of septic tank.
Speaker 4: Yah, I've never of this.
Speaker 3: Catwoysl He was scary and he had whiskers in one Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was deeply, deeply traumatic. Honestly, the kids stuff in the eighties that they've fed us. So it's the reason why the world's the messag is these days is kids keep people that were traumatized as kids. What's it for you, Jack Well?
Speaker 4: The thing that scared me most as a kid never got made into a horror film or never got used as a story to defer kids away from being bad. Mine was the stonefish. Now you might never have heard of the stonefish is just.
Speaker 5: The one that goes up your peepe.
Speaker 4: No, no, have you that? Yeah? Something in a.
Speaker 3: River where Sidney Amazon, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, the stonefish is in Australia. I remember being told at a young age that a stonefish looks exactly like a rock and if you stand on it, you will die. And so I was so scared of anything that you couldn't see underwater. So I wouldn't go in any water that I couldn't still see my feet and where I was standing. And I would anytime there was seaweed or rocks, I would give that a wide berth in the in the bay because of stonefish.
Speaker 5: Just as I thought I knew, I was familiar with all the very and there are a lot of deadly animals in this country.
Speaker 4: Stone fish, stonefish.
Speaker 5: Oh my, that in quicksands that she quite a traumatic morning for me. Is it true that I think with the stone.
Speaker 4: It but it just looks like a stone. It looks like a stone.
Speaker 5: Well, why do you die immediately?
Speaker 8: Stonefish?
Speaker 5: Do you get five seconds?
Speaker 4: Said?
Speaker 5: Goodbye? I mean, what happens is this instant just a viscerating.
Speaker 4: That's that's why I remember being told if.
Speaker 5: Anyone tells us more about stonefish, give us a call. But what scared you as a kid? What terrified you as a kid? And what the head is a stonefish?
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: One of the things that said Jack post as a kid was a stonefish. So it's a fish. I've just seen the photos of it. It does as the title said, it's exactly because stand on an instant death. Karen, you can tell us more about the terrifying stonefish.
Speaker 22: Good morning everyone. I'm a first day trainer with Red Cross, so we talk about all the nasty things that we've got in Australia, and one of them, of course, is the stonefish. It's part of the scorpionfish family and it actually has venom in the spines on its back. So it lies in shallow water and you stand on it, the venoms go, the spines go into your foot. It injects venom and it's not actually life threatening, but apparently the pain is so bad that grown men beg to die.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I mean. That's almost worse than I'm begging for death. What a vicious little thing because I actually trod on it then, don't look like a stone.
Speaker 22: Yeah, it sounds horrible. There is no anti venom available, but people need to go to hospital for pain.
Speaker 5: Reckon. Yeah, I mean I think if I was rolling around begging for death, I need to go to the hospital.
Speaker 4: But let's finish the day at the beach first. You only just got here.
Speaker 5: Suck it up, Dad, please me. That's incredible, Karen.
Speaker 22: Yeah, sounds revolting. And you get quite infections from it as well, because they're all you can probably see from the photos, but they're all kind of covered in certain moss and stuff, so they actually gets quite infected as well. But the spines can break off in the foot, so they'll need to be surgically removed.
Speaker 5: Karen.
Speaker 22: That's great.
Speaker 5: Are they Are they common?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's very much right in Australia everywhere.
Speaker 22: Yep.
Speaker 5: That is it?
Speaker 4: Time to go home?
Speaker 5: Is it? Back?
Speaker 22: Up?
Speaker 15: Everyone?
Speaker 5: I got bad news. It's just I'll tell you on the way to the airport.
Speaker 4: We're going back.
Speaker 5: It has not what stonefish I've never heard of. Say that's terrified. Karen. Thank you. Very much.
Speaker 4: You call.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's awesome. Stay there, we'll send your prize. Heather, good morning, Good morning, guys. They're going tell well, I don't feel very well right now, worried about begging for death Stonefish, Heather, what scared you? As a kid?
Speaker 18: Movie called Trilogy of Terror? It was about adult They had a bracelet that fell off and come to license, I had killed the lady. My family had gone to overseas and they'd bought me some dolls, and I was scared of them ever since. They they scared the hell out of me handle dolls. And then now like my dad, now I'm forty six years old. My dad's told my daughter, my nine year old daughter about it. My daughter thinks it's hilarious. And she decided to watch the movie on YouTube and take a screenshot and put the SOTO on her I pad my hair picture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, kids love you.
Speaker 4: Kids are scared.
Speaker 5: Kids scared these days, sanitized now by all this horrible stuff. It's rare for us to be traumatized by a movie. But now there's loads.
Speaker 18: Of them, aren't They watch Annabelle and all that, and I won't watch it.
Speaker 5: Watching annabat nine, she would be.
Speaker 18: No, she's not scared of anything, but nine. You can't do this movie. Can't do it. My dad thinks it's hilarious, and I'm yeah, I can't do it, can't do it at all.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. She cool. Have a good day. Worried to you too, Bethan, Good morning, Hi, good.
Speaker 21: Morning, Christian. How is everyone?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 20: All right?
Speaker 5: And what scared you as a kid?
Speaker 21: When I was at all I actually thought an anvil would fall out of the sky and wash me way too many loony humors And didn't actually realize this until I was, you know, embarrassing me a little bit older that they physically couldn't happen. And it's not a danger of every day incredible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a falling piano as well, or standing on a rake or a nining boards hitting you in the face. Yeah, I remember the the the falling anvil from above. Yeah, that's funny, that's very good.
Speaker 4: I've ever been seen in the anvil?
Speaker 5: I love. And also the other thing I used to be terrified from watching those Roadrunner cartoons, dynamite sticks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I seen dynamite sticks.
Speaker 5: You don't get a lot of movies that used to use a lot to the dynamite.
Speaker 4: Sad and it said T and T on the same You don't.
Speaker 5: See that anymore if we were using dynamite sticks anymore. Beth, And thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian. Yes, there is anti venom for stonefish. It's made here in Melbourne. Oh my mum used to just put vix Vapo rub on anything that was ever wrong with me. It's probably vixed Vapo rubs. Just just just put that on anything about what was wrong with me. I'm bleeding, mum. I just got the vixed Vapo rub. A j is on the line. So we've been talking about what scaredules a kid. I think the Scared Chap post as a kid was something I've ever heard of called a stonefish, a fish that does look like a stone. Just describe the video you've just shown me as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's a stone. It's a fish that sits in shallow water, looks like a rock and has sparks on it.
Speaker 5: Where does it get off doing that? As well? I'm just going for another walk, I mean, no harm.
Speaker 4: It has sparks on its back. And we just watched a video where they put like a piece of foam onto one of the spikes and it shoots venomum up into.
Speaker 5: The incredible Patsy. Yeah. Anyway, AJ's on the line. He a survivor's story. He was been stung by stonefish. AJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christian, I survived the stonefish attack one week after arriving in Australia. I was eleven years old.
Speaker 5: Wow, So what happened? Where were you?
Speaker 1: I was then on the beach, then on the peninsula, and I lost my balance so I put my hand down other than my foot to steady myself and it looked like a rock. And yeah, literally looked like a rock. And yeah, it sure wasn't. So ended up in hospital for the rest of the afternoon.
Speaker 5: That's an a J. Did you at any point pray for death?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, As I said, I was eleven, Wow, that's that, and i'd been I'd been in Australia one week.
Speaker 5: One week as you're welcome to Australia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: Okay, there were no other side effects after you obviously got treated in the hospital.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I just started be giddy for a couple of hours, but otherwise, you know, I'm still here to tuggle on the.
Speaker 5: Title AJ thank you very much, you take care, no worries. He still sounds a bit giddy to me.
Speaker 2: Now the Christian O'Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Just to give you an update in case any of you are worried about the properties of T and T and explosives. Huggy, who works here, just told Jack and I T and T isn't actually that explosives and it took them thirty years to work out that you could blow stuff up with it. I actually said to him, how do you even know that? He goes, I don't know. Then there he goes, I was watching Boomerang yesterday. Did you know that the new Bugs Bunny Alma Fudd doesn't have a gun. It's a kids TV channel, Huggy, that's what he does during the song. I think he watches kids TV cartoon shows.
Speaker 4: Huggy doesn't have young kids anymore. Grow up.
Speaker 5: But all that in the space of that song. Amazing. All right, Today's time waste is make a movie scarier. We're talking about what scared you as a kid. So we're talking to about what scared you as a kid. But just a rio of Austin to always give a little bit details when we do the artwork. Time. Have you seen these?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 4: I haven't seen it today?
Speaker 5: All right. Celebrities were strange phobias. Billy Bob Thornton, great actor, has a crippling fear of antique furniture. Jennifer Anison can't go underwater. Come on, surely in one of her movies, she must go underwater. I want to get her on the atwork time waster to find out. Can she really go underwater? She can't go underwater. Maybe that's what broke her and bred up couldn't go Oh, maybe she's finding a stonefish.
Speaker 4: But maybe that's why her hair is always so good.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're right, you're quite right. Nicole kidman's terrified of butterflies. Can't even know of clothes hangers. Rio start making these up. Come on, do your research, all right then, So make a movie scarier. Make a movie scarier. I've got a reservoir wolves. What's scared of them? A dog? A wolf? Wolves?
Speaker 4: Hey, given that goat?
Speaker 5: We brought a boom gold snow white, and there's seven garden gnomes. I find gardens terrifying. Bronze, the sound of mucus, silver plus nutting hill have eyes terrifying. Richard Curtis turns to horror, nutting Hill have Eyes, Silver, Moldy Dick, Moby Dick is a movie he's gone on. Moldies, oldies, moldy Dick. Okay, what have you got, Jack? Make a movie scarier.
Speaker 4: If someone takes that in, he would not read it out. He would say, no, there's something about bloody Mary.
Speaker 5: That's good. That's very good.
Speaker 4: Gold men, whosteric ghosts.
Speaker 5: That's funny. Silver plus Ouiji bought a zoo. Oh, that's gold, triple plus, new category. We bored a zoo? Is that's the best one you've ever done. Actually kill the music. Just take wegi bought a zoo. It is brilliant, really really good. It's it's better than we bought a boo. All right, it's two hundred dollars. eBay, vouchue, you got another one? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But now, I mean you've just given me such a random applauses.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's impressed with that. That's good, that's good work. What if you're looking out there?
Speaker 4: All right, give you one more. We're the wild things.
Speaker 5: Aha, shed a pete on that's very good, gold as well. Those are all great mates.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Good morning to Kate Richard's I've got your email. It isn't entirely unbroadcastable, but it really really made me laugh. I'll tell you after this link. We have had hundreds some's five hundred texts coming for today's time waste. There's some really funny ones. Very much everyone, all right, then make a movie scarier today. We've were talking about things are scared you as a kid. We found about some horrible good a Stonefish, Lawrence of Arachnophobia, Gold Clever Dominic, well done, kindergarten cult instead of kindergarten cop Gold plus, that's really clever. Stratos Tiger super fan still out there when Harry met Sally's husband, Silver plus, it's funny. Didn't put your name on it. Always put your name on the aurotext. We can give the credit you deserve four eight nine. Well done for that one. Eating miss Daisy. I warn you now a lot of them have done horrible things to Miss Daisy. Right. Silver is sent him by Hannibal Letter Ghoul Runnings. Silver that's from Gibbo and Gelong. Oh, mother in law, we're out there, Silver, Sarah and Caroline spring Is still keeping the old mother and r humor going. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stonefish. That's half the press. That one, that's very good. Who did that? Well done? Mark, well done, Finding Nemo's Bones, Come on, many, but it is making a movie scarier Silver. This is a really really extreme one. You know, we're asking to make a movie scary. What's scarier than Patrina Jones's diary, Peter. That is really good, terribly just fine things happening to me every day today. I dreamt of another handel for the women and a stonefish going into his eyes. Dude, where's my carcass? Silver, Crouching Tiger, hidden stonefish Silver plus Adrian, well done, dude, where's my reflection?
Speaker 4: Oh oh you're a vampire?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Gold, very very good. Gold for that one when Chucky met Sally. These are the funniest Gold plus two Adam, well done, Million dollar rabies gold. The Hills have knives. It was scary when they had eyes. Now they've got knives and ives. Silver plus marking part. Uh, no, we're not doing that one, dude, where's my break bronze? That's rubbish, all right, who's getting the two hundred dollars eBay voucher.
Speaker 4: For Trainer Jones's Die Yeah it has to be Peter.
Speaker 5: You get the two hundred dollars a voucher for eBay This month is eBay plus month now on thirty days of deals, all with free express delivery. Title of today's show is Praying for Death. Thank you very much for listen. We are back tomorrow morning. We've got Slack, Genius and Crawl returns.
Speaker 10: Christian.
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast