Speaker 1: A good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura burn Bady.
Speaker 2: What our windows done?
Speaker 1: That's my world reason the dust only good, bab zugle down.
Speaker 2: I don't much, but yeah I'm not. I'll big get and what I want. It don't matter where.
Speaker 1: This is the pickup, hi, guys, it's the pickup with Britta Hockley and Laura Byrne. And Britt is currently in all bits and pieces sitting on a.
Speaker 2: Hot water bottle.
Speaker 3: I am sitting on a hot water bottle. I have been carrying this around it like my new accessory.
Speaker 2: I've been doing your security bottle.
Speaker 3: I've been doing Dancing with the Stars, as you guys might know, which is just so intense, and I like disclaim I love every second, but my body.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a pair of caasem Parenting is really hard, but I swear I love my children.
Speaker 2: You're just doing the.
Speaker 1: Same now you've been institutionalized by Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: Case Channel seven is listening. I've loved every second, but man, my body is broken. I'm so bruised and battered that I can't leave the house without a hot water bottle. But do you know what else happened, Laura, I haven't told.
Speaker 2: You this yet.
Speaker 3: So a couple of days ago, we were shooting for Dancing with the Stars and I was on the set.
Speaker 2: Are you want Dancing with the Stars?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I might not have told you. Yeah. So we were shooting and I couldn't concentrate and I couldn't think of the steps. This isn't for the actual episode. In a training sort of thing. There were producers everywhere, though. It was like a big deal. I stopped and everyone just looked at me, and I just made this big announcement. I said, I'm going to faint. I told everyone, and then I fainted, but I.
Speaker 2: Made everyone aware.
Speaker 3: I was like, everybody, I am going to faint. And then I just like basically like lowered myself to the ground because I knew it was happening. I lowered myself and put my own legs up in the air to get the blood flow back, and then just sort of like passed out.
Speaker 1: Is that actually fainting though, if you're like fully aware of it and you let yourself down.
Speaker 2: Is it the same thing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because so, because I knew it was about to happen, I was like, look, I'll just get myself horizontal.
Speaker 2: Man, you need a break, No, I need to win.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I'm glad that you've made it to the show, brit I'm glad.
Speaker 2: That you're alive.
Speaker 1: But if you do need any dancing tips, I feel like our next yes is gonna be able to help you. We have Purple Wiggle John Pierce, who is joining the show very soon. But also something that we have to talk about. Last night or Maths, one of the brides revealed that there is an extremely odd reason why her husband won't sleep with her, and we're gonna also be untacking that next.
Speaker 3: I got some facts about that. Maths is just a show that keeps on giving.
Speaker 1: We were once one a time called the Pickup and now we're just the Maths recap.
Speaker 3: Show maps Up because just provides you with so many little golden nuggets of content, like so many conversation starters. And this week is Couple's retreat week on Maths, where they go away and the girls get to go hang out with the girls, the guys get to hang out with the guys and they all mix together and it's supposed to be all wonderful and wholesome.
Speaker 2: It's like the retreat from hell.
Speaker 3: So there's one couple, Jackie and Ryan, and Jackie has made quite an interesting revelation about their sex life.
Speaker 2: Have a listen.
Speaker 4: He only wants to have sex if he's not training, like and then here on six after training, and never in the morning. It has to be at night after training because he wants, like, say, test what apparently to work out?
Speaker 2: Is this real?
Speaker 1: I've never heard that, and can no one tell my husbands. I don't need him savoring hescope for the gym ha ha ha.
Speaker 3: It's pretty funny. I think it's a bit of a stretch for him, Like he's just a gym bro. I don't want to like talk him down, but you're not. You're not going to the Olympics. You're not a professional athlete. You're literally just going to do some bicep girls. I think it's a pretty big call to be like, I can't possibly have sex.
Speaker 2: It's yes, it's outrageous.
Speaker 1: I would be offended if my partner was like, sorry, I cannot be intimate with you because I have to go to the gym later. I would be like, Wow, your priorities are.
Speaker 2: Not quite aligned with mine.
Speaker 1: However, I do think it's a bit cheeky of her to sit amongst all the girls knowing it's filmed and mock him for that, like that is pretty bad behavior as well.
Speaker 3: I would normally agree, except he did something similar earlier on and he was talking about their sex life to the boys. So I'm not a tip for Tata. I'm not a tip for Tata. But I can't go after one if I don't go after the other. So they're as bad as each other. But I think the interesting thing here is and maybe someone needs to call Ryan and let him know. But he's saying that he doesn't want to do the deed because he needs to save his testosterone for the gym. But that's not even medically or factually correct. Doing the deed increases your testosterone.
Speaker 1: Thank you medical Brittany Hockeley. This is exactly the information we all need.
Speaker 3: Well, it's actually the opposite. There's been tests for women and men, and both people's testosterone increases after doing the deed.
Speaker 1: Although there are so many professional athletes who have said that they won't you know, finish the deed because they have to, or they won't even do it because they have to try and save all their strength for whatever competition they've got.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Funnily enough, I'm marrying a professional athlete, so I did do my own due diligence and I spoke to Ben about it, and I asked Ben to speak to his the literal sporting performance coach. So this is at a professional football team in Italy. His sole job is performance and he said, it's actually correct that you can't do the deed beforehand. All that comes down to is energy conservations. So most athletes, for example, use been's sporting team even if they're playing a home match. So if they're playing ten minutes from their home, the night before, the entire team has to go and stay a hotel together. And the purpose of that is to remove any distractions so that you're not doing it is and wives, yep, so that they know what time you're going to bed, they know what food you're eating, like, they know everything that you're doing in twenty four hours before the match. But in terms of the horizontal dance of love, it's not about finishing. It's about conserving your energy because they're like, if you're going to go and have a marathon session with your partner, you're not going to have the energy for the next day.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I can understand it if a professional athlete is putting it into practice because they've done all of the training and all of the like everything that they do. Their entire life is built around this competition. I don't understand it if you're going to the gym on a Monday, Wednesday and a Thursday to do some pull ups.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Aerius question.
Speaker 1: I would be deeply offended if my husband was like, sorry, babe, I'm going to the gym, so like up until three pm is completely like off the table for us to be intimate together.
Speaker 3: There's actually one of the most famous football strikers in the world, Rinaldo. He's like one of the best. He said that he sex before a game makes him score, so he says if he scores, he'll score. So maybe Ryan needs to take a leaf out of that book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you've said this before.
Speaker 1: There's loads of people who don't though, who like absolutely will abstain.
Speaker 3: Yes, but that's from energy consumption, not from saving your testosterone so you can lift heavier. Ryan's got no idea, and I don't know. There's so many other conversation this opens up. Should they be going and laughing about their sex life with their friends.
Speaker 1: No, Ryan did turn around and he said that if Jackie reveals anything else about their sex life ever again, he's going to end the relationship.
Speaker 2: God, well, hold breath.
Speaker 3: Everyone so dramatic, aren't they.
Speaker 1: We have Australians Start Royalty in the room with us at the moment, and I'm talking Australia's number one local artists on Spotify for twenty twenty four huge. I'm talking someone who gets a red hot run in our household.
Speaker 2: I am talking about the Wiggles.
Speaker 1: And we have John Pierce, who is very excitedly known as the Hot Wiggle, sitting right next.
Speaker 2: To having me Welcome to the show. What an intro.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: How do you feel being called the hot Wiggle? I don't know.
Speaker 5: You know, it could be called a lot of things on the internet, but you know, my main focus is my child now, so I guess I can't be running around. Yeah you, I don't know. My wife calls me that all the time, so that's as long as she's happy.
Speaker 3: Then you are so much more than that, John. We don't objectify you here. You're an amazing artist. I have a question. I don't have kids. So I'm not deep in the Wiggles. Yeah, Laura's deep in the Wiggles. But I do remember you from Justice Crew. I remember the dance moves I used to dance alongside of you. What was the audition process like to go from Justice Crew to the Wiggles, Because I feel like getting a place in the Wiggles has to be one of the most.
Speaker 2: It's like it's a courseing world.
Speaker 3: Well, the most sought after position, right like when that comes up on Seek there's a.
Speaker 2: Job for wheels.
Speaker 3: I feel like there are so many people auditioning for that.
Speaker 5: I think it wasn't really on my BINGO card to join the Wiggles. It was twenty twenty one when I was asked to join, and I think it was just an organic thing that happened. I was in the right place at the right time. Anthony lives down the road from me, or used to. I don't live in the same area, but just before COVID time, Justice Crew kind of started doing their own thing. I was personal training just to kind of get my head in the right space, and Anthony I literally bumped into him everywhere I went. Yeah, one day he just messaged me and said Hey, working on a cool project at the Wiggles. Did you want to come down and meet the team? And Yeah, cool?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: What an opportunity.
Speaker 3: That really is one of those things that people hate to hear. Hey, it's like so organic and natural. There's people out there that are grinding auditioning for stuff, and you're really like, the universe just gave it to you.
Speaker 5: I believe in the power of the universe, So I think everything happens for a reason.
Speaker 2: It's also just such.
Speaker 1: A pivot though, when you think about like the music that you're creating and like what life was before for and now you're a Wiggle but also you're a dad, Like, how has that changed for you in terms of your priority shift and able to be Like the content you're creating is very in tune with where you are in.
Speaker 2: Life right now. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like to be real with the content I create. I think it's just an expression of myself. I love my little son, Henry and my wife, so it's just an extension of what I'm literally living.
Speaker 3: John. I do know we're supposed to talk about the country album, which we will. Yeah, for sure. Before we do, you just mentioned your son Henry Bill Henry. Yeah, so very inspiration from the octopus in the naming of your son.
Speaker 5: You know what, I do get this question a lot, and I'm not surprised there wasn't really inspiration there. I love the name Henry. Mean, Jess, we both love the name Henry. For a long time, we had three names lined up.
Speaker 3: It was the other one Potato.
Speaker 5: It was either Wags as a dog, Shelby Shaw, or was Henry. So Henry felt quite fitting, got natural.
Speaker 2: Exactly, how are you juggling at all?
Speaker 1: Because I mean I can only imagine the schedule, the touring, Like, you know, there is so much that goes on behind the scenes of being a Wiggle and when you're also a dad at the same time, there's so many hats to juggle, Like how do you manage the intensity of it and also being around and being.
Speaker 2: There for your kids.
Speaker 5: You know, the Wiggles are full time. There's a lot happening every single day. It is a challenge sometimes. But you know, this year we're heading over to the UK and the US for a big tour and I'm going to be bringing my wife and it'll be five months at the time to travel the world. And I think that'll be a challenge and trying to make that work. It'll be something new, you know, I'll share it all over social media.
Speaker 1: I mean, you also have this new country music album which you did mention, so it's called Wiggle Up Giddy Up and it has some absolute like superstars on their Dolly Pardon is on there. How did this come about and how did you get so many huge names to be a part of it.
Speaker 5: I think that the power of the Wiggles have been around for a long time, and I think there's a lot of respect from a lot of artists, and I think that's probably what's helped a lot of these big global names to go. Yes, I'll be involved, and we've got a great team to pull it all together. And at Wiggles HQ, we're always working on something new. And the country album just felt right and it's just a fitting time and it's just just a perfect, perfect all round for the whole family. You see children doing line dance with you know, their grandparents, So I think it's just fitting for the whole family, and it's just the perfect time at the moment.
Speaker 3: Well, you've got Dolly Parton, Morgan Evans, Troy Cassa, daily Slim Dusty, how did you get people that have already passed on to come on to the that's.
Speaker 2: The power of the Wiggles, Breally. I know you said you're.
Speaker 3: Powerful in your magic, but like that's genuine question.
Speaker 5: Look, I think anything is possible these days. But we've got OG's on there, We've got Anthony Fields still in the Wiggles, so I think, you know, having someone like that in the background that's still passionate, you know. I think everyone's just we'll be happy to work on the album.
Speaker 2: So this is amazing.
Speaker 1: I do feel like there's been this massive country music push recently, and a lot of that's been spearheaded in terms of like Beyonce doing so well with her country music album.
Speaker 2: And the Wiggles. Yeah, I mean there are Australian beyond that, way above that. Yeah you are. But also I think people under estimate only unless.
Speaker 3: All the single babies.
Speaker 1: It was only when I saw the dotto that you guys created, I think was last year or the year before that I realized the magnitude of what the Wiggles is and like how many touch points and the scale of what's being created, Like, what an incredible thing to be.
Speaker 5: A part of I know it's and that's why I pinched myself every day to be a part of this journey. And I grew up watching the Wiggles personally and the amount of families and people that they've helped around the world. It's so cool to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, John, Well, thank you so much for coming and being a part of the show. So it's the Wiggle Up, Giddy Up, and it's coming out this Friday, March seven for anyone who wants to get it on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, John Britt.
Speaker 1: On the weekend, something happened to my husband, Matt, which resulted in many people that we were with.
Speaker 2: Telling me that I should pee on my husband, which.
Speaker 3: Let me get stung by blue wattle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that it? That's it? Yes, How did you know?
Speaker 3: Well, because that's the number one treatment for a blibertal sting.
Speaker 2: Is we had?
Speaker 1: Peeing on someone cannot be the number one treatment. Okay, So we were at the beach. We'd been there all morning and had no idea was assuming with the girls having great time, and then something must have changed in the current and there was an entire swarm that got washed in there was like hundreds of them, hundreds, And at that moment Matt had gone for assumed but he was really far out and he'd gotten stuck.
Speaker 2: Get him into. He was at his little goggles on, he was swimming around.
Speaker 1: The rocks, but he honestly, he was so far on one side that it was not possible for him to come back in without getting stuck because there was just so many of them.
Speaker 2: And he came in and I could see.
Speaker 1: That he'd been getting absolutely blasted by them on the way. And he got one wrapped around his neck, he had one over his shoulder, he had one down his back.
Speaker 2: Like they got him good.
Speaker 3: Oh, really good, Like that's like a horror movie.
Speaker 1: I walked in and he was like feeling very sorry for himself and shaking a little bit. And we were there with some friends and one of my friends turned around and she was like, Laurie, you need to pee on him. Yeah, And I had never heard this, for how have you never heard?
Speaker 3: Like growing up in Australia, the one thing you know growing up that you're taught is like you're taught how to swim, you taught how to ride a bike, and you taught when you get stung by a blue bottle that you're wie on it.
Speaker 1: It was even so weird to me that, like even she was like, I mean, I'll wee on it if you need me to, Like everyone was offering to and I was like, hold on, surely he could just wei in a bottle and we on himself if he needs to, Like, why does it have to be my wee?
Speaker 2: Firstly, anyway, I was horrified. I'd never heard of this.
Speaker 1: I got home and I was talking to my mother in law who lives with us, and I was like, oh, Matt got stung by a blue bottle. First thing she says, did you we on him? I was like, you know, this is not normal. Everyone She's like, oh, you know, when Kate was young, I once weed in a bottle and I had to pour it on it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm sorry, I'm sorry we did.
Speaker 2: We need to back this up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, she apparently, you know, twenty five years ago it was thought of that this was like.
Speaker 2: The one thing that you did.
Speaker 1: I think it went from we to vinegar and water like that became a popular way of treating blue bottles.
Speaker 3: I think because it's acidic. I think the legend goes that it was like something to do with that.
Speaker 1: So I thought it wasn't a s I thought it had to do with the warmth, like the warm water neutralizers.
Speaker 3: It's not the warmth, because otherwise you just put a hot ward bottle on it. Not we I don't think it's good anything to do with heat.
Speaker 1: Well, it turns out that if anyone out there is still winging on blue bottlestings, it's absolutely a wives tail. Please stop. I've done my research. Now it's a myth.
Speaker 2: It's a myth.
Speaker 1: The best thing for blue bottles is like just normal fresh water.
Speaker 2: You should not be wianing on each other. Don't we on your.
Speaker 3: Husband you're into that unless that's your.
Speaker 2: King, Like, it's not going to help a blue bottlesting.
Speaker 3: So funny because whilst growing up I know that that was like what people say you do, right, I didn't actually ever know anyone to do it. But now I know your mother in law weed into a bottle and tip that on her kid. That's pretty cooked when you say it out loud.
Speaker 1: It did make me think, though there are so many bad wives tales that we've been told are good solutions for things that go wrong. Another one like, if you've got a stye, they say to rub a gold ring on it, which I would just like to say, if you're still rubbing a gold ring on a stye, very unhygienic, not a good idea.
Speaker 2: Lots of bacteria.
Speaker 1: Nothing like rubbing into bacteria to really inflame that.
Speaker 2: Star you've got.
Speaker 3: You know what I do think you can do. I think it's real. Is the tea bag. You know, when you put a green tea bag on your.
Speaker 2: Eye, what kind of tea bag?
Speaker 3: Nor the green tea bag is sick. Oh, you're going back to the urine fetish. So when I think about what I was doing growing up, you know what I did. I used to really want to get rid of my freckles when I was a kid, Like I was covered in freckles.
Speaker 1: You have no freckles now, yeah, laser them off, right, So it wasn't the treatment that you used just when I was like.
Speaker 3: A young kid. I was in the sun. Obviously, you don't wear makeup as a kid, you don't cover them. I've still got little freckles. I just cover them. But I read that you could massage lemon juice. So I used to like cut lemons and like scrub them into my skin because I read that that got rid of freckles. Absolutely can confirm. It does not get rid of freckles. And it's also not very good for your skin.
Speaker 2: It's so bad for your skin.
Speaker 1: It's also like the same thing that we would do when we put in our hair, but like I mean, it worked. It did bleach your hair, but it also destroyed.
Speaker 2: It in the making.
Speaker 1: Other things are like putting potato slices on your head to treat migraines.
Speaker 2: That's meant to be like an old wives tail cure.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that sleeping with onions in your socks is supposed to cure a cold.
Speaker 3: Also not confirmed, but I think that's true.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is, yep. I think a producer. Grace is like, it's not.
Speaker 3: No, it is, and there is a reason, and I can't remember what it is.
Speaker 1: But it's like a Chinese medicine thing. I think, well, maybe you'll believe this one as well. But it putting chicken in you're on your head to treat baldness.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely not doing that. You could try that.
Speaker 2: You've got the little patch of the bat.
Speaker 1: For fertilizer, like Apparently people used to think it fertilized your head and stepping in warm cow dung to treat athletes' foot terrible.
Speaker 3: Who made that up?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It kills germs and bacteria and heals wounds, and dry cow dung is a great scrub to get rid of dead skin and improve blood circulation, so that information they're produced.
Speaker 3: Grace the only one I'm sticking by for that. I think the onion. I think there's something in that. Do you want to know the explanation? So the theory is that onions absorb bacteria and viruses, but there's no scientific proof that it actually works. Could you also google what a group of blue bottles is called? Is that are swarm and amada and am so you do learn stuff here at the pickup
Speaker 2: Mat got stung by a matera by a whole school of mamma