Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Common Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Last week we asked for your song suggestions. Good songs sort of got questions of the song title. We played a whole hour of them between seven to eight. We've got a brand new theme. After seven o'clock, we genuinely have no music. There's no music for a whole hour. We are naked in the way and our backside is flapping in the wind. Please clothe us, please, it's so cold right now. All around my danglies they're flapping in the window. You know, head to fifteen next year and they are dropping. Give us songs to clothe us, okay, please, So the theme this week. Theme this week is songs with key changes. Now I'm going to hand over now to the resident on the show, professor of musicology, Jack Post. He can play guitar. Jack, what are key changes in song?
Speaker 3: The key changes are something we use in music to elevate what is already a great song. So if we're in a chorus and we're having great fun, the whole band will go up a tone to lift the song. So if it's like Mary had a little Lamb, we go I.
Speaker 2: Love that friend Shion song.
Speaker 3: We go with the crowds loving it. Mary had a little lamb up, Mary had a little lamb. Let's do it again. Another key change, Mary had a little lamb.
Speaker 2: Great explanation.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm back at schooling.
Speaker 2: Yeah but what but now do you understand it? Change? So have you got an example?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've brought in an example where they've used two key changes. A great ballad to Be with You by mister Big Come on there, come.
Speaker 4: Out out the one Let's.
Speaker 5: Go up, there's actually two key change later on they have not had enough fun.
Speaker 3: They still can go higher and higher?
Speaker 2: How can they do it?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: I've got one here. Living on a Prayer is an amazing song by bon Jovi. Right, but John bon Jovi in this song this is you know, this is actually in the Guinness Book of World Records. It's the highest note ever recorded by a man. He does get high, he does get really high, and it's very human what John can do here.
Speaker 6: It's already a great song. Don't take it higher, John Job, Oh my god, this is.
Speaker 2: A great one. We've got to play this. The other one is Backstreet Boys. There's a bit where Nick Carter I just tell it like it is. He drops the hammer and it isn't like a normal mail hammer. It's a sledgehammer. When he starts to say, don't wanna he say you are get ready for the molo key changes? God, nick to it? Oh my god? All right, those are key changes. We're looking for a whole hour, seven to eight of songs with key changes. What have you got for us? We need those clothes dangling, still dangling.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What's a key change? Mister big come on there, come on out.
Speaker 4: Then you wand to show you.
Speaker 2: Then you throw shade all over that, poops all over it. John Bonhover. All right, let's find out what songs you got then big songs were key change? Is here? Do we go to? First of all? Good morning, Mick? Good morning, Christian?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I I'm good Mick. Can I hope you wont have you having a good week? What have you got? What song I've got them?
Speaker 1: We share turned back time?
Speaker 2: Wow, Hey, big song?
Speaker 6: I like it?
Speaker 2: Mick. That's a big one. Mick, that's a great one. Thank you very much. Mate, have a good day. Yeah, you say Christian so much. Gabrielle, good morning, Hello, Hello, all right, what songs are key changes? If you've got Gabrielle, I've got two songs.
Speaker 1: The first one is Love on Top five Beyonce Lo's the Key Days, and the second one is Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: All Right, which one? Who want to play first? We've got them both? The line, which one are you want to go first?
Speaker 4: I reckon the Michael Jackson song Man the Mirror A good song, good artist, good message.
Speaker 2: I like it, good Mann. It's be the change, be the change change. Here we go, Yeah, we got it. What happens? We didn't give them too much power? We did go, all right, Gabrielle. The other one Beyonce A Love on Top I think there are seven in this. Yeah, if we don't go, let's wait for if we go.
Speaker 3: Amazing actually needs Beyonce over us?
Speaker 2: Is it too many? Are too many? Too many? Too showy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: One too max mamimum maximum too much?
Speaker 3: You're going overboard?
Speaker 2: All right, Gabrielle, Thank you very much, No, thank you very much. Enjoying to day. Thank you? And you all right?
Speaker 1: Cal a brainer. You're listening to the Christian Know Kyle's show podcast.
Speaker 2: What song? So you know? I've got be key change is in. That's the theme today. Songs are key changes. Christian I can't call him but Genesis Invisible touch amazing key change for Phil Collins. This comes from Gary. Let's have a listen to this such a one song film. Christian Lee, singer of Way Snake, goes much higher on John bon Jovi on here we go again. Don't make claims like that, you can't back up. Do not do that, Jason go on in Jason.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning guys, here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah we're good, Jason, what song for you? Big key change? Billy Ocean, Get out of my dreams and into my car. Yeah, he saw teases you with it. Here he's warming up with us. Wow, this is a brilliant What we've got to play this, Jason, that's definitely coming on after seven o'clock one. Don't Jason have a good day? Awesome?
Speaker 1: Thank you have a great day.
Speaker 2: Bailey, Good morning, Bailey, Good morning guys. How are you yeah, good baby? How are you not too about yourself?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, good yeah, yeah, good week so far? Actually yeah I can't complain. And now Bailey, let's get down to business. What song with a key change? The song I had was I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston. Just a powerful ballad, just to drive it home, just to drive it powerful. Wow, Oh my god, what a void powerful. That is amazing. Bailey, that's a great one. Thank you very much. No, those guys have a good day, thank you. Hang on, did we have this song? Last week? When we looking for songs with questions? In dare we? How long do you think we go every week? Wherever the theme is, we cram in this song to someone like s up the fact Andrew? Yes, Hello, team, Hello Andrew Andrew? What song have you got for us?
Speaker 3: Michael Bolton?
Speaker 4: How can we be lovers?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: I haven't heard this in Angels. Let's have a listen.
Speaker 4: We can work it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it has to be. It demands to go in. He doesn't need a big run up like Billy Ocean's, like Ben Brown starts out run up in the Car Book. He just gets He just gets into it. Barracks, Dick. You me doesn't need a warm up.
Speaker 6: The interesting thing is that songs written by a woman called Diane Warren who did the Shirts song you played earlier, and she gets lots of keep changes in her.
Speaker 2: Ah right, So she also did this one. Yeah, shout out Diane Warrent, Thank you very much Andrew for the pop up pop fact. No hurry, you have a good day anyway.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast