Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 1: It's Flex and fromes Cater. Often I do hit, but sometimes I do hit and miss. Last week FLEXI spoke about them cells and I was like, I've never actually heard that before because despite appearances, yeah, I'm online all the time, I'm just looking at my own story.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it makes a lot of stund Once I heard that about a session of TikTok, like two hours a week or something. It wasn't adding up. Why she's like this are you here this day?
Speaker 4: It's thinking about that constantly. How are you like this and you're not consuming?
Speaker 5: Every time she posts one hundred tiktoks on her Instagram, I'm like, I thought we were only on here for two hours.
Speaker 4: Brain but like from the core, he's run the guys.
Speaker 1: You When I'm doing the little TikTok, Dumpias dump pianas, it's from a two hour session and I'm going in, I'm not going in trying to find enjoyment. I'm going in with everybody else in mind.
Speaker 2: Oh, I literally do it. That's why I really posted.
Speaker 3: When you get feedback, it doesn't hit well because like I did this free you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, fore someone, I'm actually not going to go into it, but baby, don't hurt me.
Speaker 2: I hate that no more.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Flex and Frooms Kit.
Speaker 1: I was in New York recently, as was Mickey in another Northern Hemisphere area that's called Europe, and she came back with a little tiny question for us flex to dissemble in the show Dissemble Dissemble.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was recently on holidays with my friend, she writes, and we will all these things too.
Speaker 4: She's also here in the studio. I'm Nicky, Hi producer Mickey. If anyone sorry, yeah, if anyone's new around here.
Speaker 1: Don't have a random chic know the job title. She's on the panels, guy, I don't worry. She gets down and dirty with the tech. I was listening on holidays with my friend.
Speaker 4: Micky's going to say, because she's here, Micky.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So I was on holidays with my friend and we booked all these things, like you know, we DIDVT it up. She had half, I did half, et cetera. Stunning and I found that everything she booked she put us down as m I S S yes, And I always put us down as MS.
Speaker 4: Oh interesting, I wanted to know what you guys do.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love this.
Speaker 3: I base it based on mood and the environment that I'm filling out the forms. If I want them to perceive me as serious, I'll say miss MS. Yeah, if I'm feeling playful and loose, I'll do a MISS. But I don't really feel like no one teaches us these things.
Speaker 4: Literally, which do you use for me?
Speaker 1: So I, without failure, Miss M, I s S. It's very pink coated. I do it because I just remember older women being joked about when I was a kid, and I was like, MS, if you're like a spindle.
Speaker 2: Spin, So that's why I don't do it.
Speaker 4: But then you also told.
Speaker 3: Us about that hack last week. I mean, it's not a hack, it's just your existence. You sign off your emails at LPs people. I like, who is this potential man that I was speaking to with so much authority?
Speaker 1: It's giving like I came up with these ideals when I was just brain the world was unjust. I haven't.
Speaker 4: I haven't looked back at you. What is the difference between me and miss? Do you know?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: Miss is unmarried. MS is whatever you want it to be. It could be married.
Speaker 4: It could be so s S is like you're a girl.
Speaker 2: Yea, this is like you past twenty five and you're single, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then mrs married And then I think there's MX, Yeah, which is what's that?
Speaker 4: MX is gender neutral gender?
Speaker 3: I love learning everyone. Yeah, that's one of my favorite hobbies.
Speaker 1: Thanks for that, Mickey. Last week, FLEXI, you somehow brought up Asmoel's theem cells. I have no idea what this was, right, what was there a reference to? Do you remember?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 3: But I think we were talking about how matriarchy isn't just the girl version of patriarchy, and as it's similar to in cells, like a fem cell just is in the girl version of an in cell?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, And then I thought, what the hell is afem cell? So I went and had a little google. The woman's work never stops, and essentially, afem cell is a woman that is involuntarily celibate, named as such after the male version of the group, which is in cell. In cell is not fun. In cells are related to misogynistic violence, and it came about as a general term for single people who struggle to make connections with others and ironically the term is actually coined by a woman originally. Like in cells, the fem cell community was previously very active on Reddit. One popular thread, true fem Cells, was banned from the platform in June twenty twenty for inciting hatred.
Speaker 3: The nuance within the insul and fem cell movement is draws a lot of parallels between the violence of men and the violence of women. And so generally, what intels are talking about, or a lot of the conversations that happen in these closed spaces are people projecting onto the women around them in a kind of entitled way. Why don't they want me? What's wrong with them? And if I had one of them, I would do insert derogatory thing. They're there, there, and they're and there. Generally, fem cells are a response to in cells when they talk about like the rise of loneliness and men and the rise of celibacy and women.
Speaker 4: It's in response to the men. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like women are saying it's not better. Statistics are saying it's not better to be coupled up with a man, a women's hetero. Women who marry men, their quality of life goes down dramatically. So it's kind of like this movement that's in response to the like fragmented nature of heteronormative partnerships. But the in cells are turning into terrorists and the fem cells are turning into isolated, lonely people. Wow, weird are also very scary, Yeah, because I think people like to oversimplify, Oh, this is all coming because you can't get a partner. It's like, yeah, this is what happens when people feel isolated and they're not connecting with other people and they don't have a healthy outlet to explore these feelings. Society is very flippant when it comes to people who can't find love, who aren't experiencing dating. Well, a lot of the people who are in the middle of all these dating conversations are generally conventionally attracted people having a dry spell, not people who are fifteen have been kissed before, do.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. It's like a different bag.
Speaker 3: So that's when you get people who are on the fringes of the conversation and the fringes of the experience having to create this microcosm for themselves where their story can be amplified and respected in a way that isn't pitied and that's where it gets difficult.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, FLEXI thank you for letting me start that break and you actually do come in and explain it.
Speaker 2: That was very important. This is Flex and Frooms on Kita.
Speaker 3: We have a moral dilemma, but it's come in house from one of our very own producer, Mickey recently spent some time abroad, has come back araumatized based on the situation, and she's gracing the mic right here right now in Flex and Rooms to tell us a story, please, Mickeyana.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I was recently in Spain, Barcelona.
Speaker 4: You said you loved it by Salona.
Speaker 5: I did like Barcelona, very nice city, felt like Melbourne with the Melbourne of Spain.
Speaker 4: We all have from.
Speaker 5: We did a very big walking day, you know, like a twenty twenty thousand step kind of moment, and we all needed a nap.
Speaker 4: So me and my.
Speaker 5: Friends went back to our it was about a two star hotel, and we had our little nap and I was, you know, napping, and I was trying to ignore what was the sounds outside the window.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm going to ignore these sounds.
Speaker 5: I'm napping a snap time and there was a hook on like floors above, just banging against the glass, kind of.
Speaker 4: Like a hook that would be attached like a fishing hook. Oh, like a small hook.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a small hook, but it was pointy, real pointing, and we're talking like hook hook and it was just banging and I thought it was going to break through the glass?
Speaker 4: How weighty is this hook?
Speaker 5: It was? Wait, it was really why do you look like this is a fake story?
Speaker 3: She's telling her experience and should I just google fishing hooks?
Speaker 4: We are on the carrier. I just want to make sure you go. I'm going to go.
Speaker 5: So the hook is banging on the door. I'm like, what is going on? And I was like, actually, frankly, I don't want to enter into.
Speaker 4: What's going on.
Speaker 5: And then my friend goes, Mikayla, someone is screaming down the hallway.
Speaker 4: We need to go help. Strange way to connect those two cents. She was like, Mikhayla, something's going on. We have to go help. And I was like, nothing's going on. I want to know that's there's some denial there from you.
Speaker 5: I want to know what you guys would have done in this situation.
Speaker 4: Do you want to start through me. I think you might want to.
Speaker 1: I am going to go out there, Okay. I have a dramatic type personality, and I am like a chihabah, bigger than bigger than.
Speaker 2: The boots, big boots.
Speaker 1: So I'd go out there and help help another lady in need. And you were assuming to lady she said a feminine like scream.
Speaker 4: Not to quote.
Speaker 6: Okay, tell me if it was a man screaming, I'm gonna go out there with a weapon.
Speaker 4: I'm not coming to help.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of shut the situation down.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh.
Speaker 3: We've all seen horror movies, and we've all debated what we would or would not do if we were in a circumstance where danger was present. One thing you don't want to do is have the whole party go in one direction, because if for some reason you're walking to sudden death, that's all of you out. No one to claim you, bury you, honor your legacy. It's dead and done. I personally don't see signs of danger as an open door. If it sounds dangerous, I'm exiting myself. I'm shielding myself. Also, you're in a foreign country. Who's coming to save you? If something goes wrong. Did your insurance come to that? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: And this was my argument, I'm not going outside. It's a logistic perspective. I don't think we should realize that insurance.
Speaker 3: Truly think about the way it's gonna escalate. It's not it's not it which begs me to this topic. If we know that if we heard screaming commotion outside we would not go, then what is the right thing to do in danger to guarantee someone's gonna help you?
Speaker 2: Cry?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, I'm gonna need some descriptions. There's a la la la out here.
Speaker 3: He's threatening every single person in these rooms.
Speaker 4: It's not just me. He's starting here, but he's coming and get you. If we all bent together, we can survive starting as being attacked.
Speaker 5: To be fair, this woman could follow me on instagramrooms. So what happened was after I said my friend, I'm not going out there, I refuse to said Michayla, I think someone needs help.
Speaker 4: I'm going okay, hero complex. I was like, okay, can you go. I was like, we're separate, I'll be here, and she went.
Speaker 5: She went outside, and what happened was the receptionist had locked herself out.
Speaker 2: Well she should have said, you.
Speaker 5: Know what, she's totally speaking Spanish, but yeah, she came in and was like, thank you so much, girls, I've locked myself out. I'm so sorry about the hook. And immediately the hook just winds up.
Speaker 1: Oh so she was trying to like, oh, yes, so.
Speaker 3: She got why didn't she attach a note book that's so menacing?
Speaker 4: For no reason? Can you free?
Speaker 2: She should give you an upgrade to a three.
Speaker 4: Story or something. Yeah, they could have, but they did, And this is why you don't help.
Speaker 5: And now I know what i'd act like in a safe situation of crisis.
Speaker 4: Safety first, Yeah, every man for them. This is not the time to be batman.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.