Speaker 1: Come on throw everyone.
Speaker 2: Hi girls, Happy Wednesday, Robbie Hamday, everybody, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Happy you know what? Happy Wednesday?
Speaker 4: You know I always say Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Producer Grace, anything you want to say?
Speaker 4: Happy Wednesday, guys. Nice to see you all. I am very excited.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize that Boxing Day this year, the fifth season of Bump is coming out.
Speaker 2: I haven't never seen it, but you haven't seen it, and I know so I've heard you speak about it so many times now.
Speaker 5: Like I'm one of those people that want twenty five series of something, Like when I get into it and you love the characters and.
Speaker 4: You're committed, I just wanted to go forever.
Speaker 5: So when I realized I were releasing a fifth season, I was very excited.
Speaker 3: They filmed Bump on my reach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, why don't you run past and be an.
Speaker 3: Extra the Bump? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was asked to say inside that I had to move my car at one point. They're like, well, being used in the back of a shop for continuity, you can't move.
Speaker 2: Wow, Maybe so maybe your cart will be in this season. Maybe loyalties, Yeah, do you get.
Speaker 4: To claim that?
Speaker 2: Like you're like or maybe you claim your car because now it's a business expense.
Speaker 3: Trust me, I'll try. I'll give it a go. When is it so? Season five?
Speaker 4: Boxing Box coming out Boxing Day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, only on stand How exciting? Next time the show pick Up put Down?
Speaker 1: The whole country is kind of pieced at common Off Bank after they announced three dollars with drawal fees to take out your own money, but they have backflipped on that today.
Speaker 3: I got an update.
Speaker 1: You want to I think you just gave us the update. Well, and maybe it's six dollars, maybe it's double.
Speaker 4: I'm raging.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see you next. Welcome to the Bigger Hates the middle of the week. Shall we talk about some of the big headlines?
Speaker 4: Girls? Hit me here? Not really? I love this segment. Do you're trying to find a music.
Speaker 2: You can't pick up?
Speaker 3: Put Down? I bring Britain Laura a new story.
Speaker 1: They tell me whether or not we pick it up, as if we keep talking about it, we put it down with boring it's irrelevant.
Speaker 2: We move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's go, ladies. Pick up put down?
Speaker 1: Combank introducing three dollar fees to withdraw cash from the bank.
Speaker 4: Put it down.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised they're only just introduced. You know, other banks have done this for so long.
Speaker 2: Okay, the audacity, and I think everyone has shown how angry they have gotten about this new change. But if there are other banks that are already doing it, I think that fury needs to be directed towards those banks. But anyway, Mitch, give us the background and what exactly has happened?
Speaker 1: All right, So Combank have announced it. It will be a three dollar fee for customers to get their cash taken out with the help of staff. So it's not at ATMs, it's if you do it via the phone, is if you do it at the post office, it's if you do.
Speaker 3: It in a branch, give be a three dollar fee.
Speaker 4: Why this is so messed up? Okay?
Speaker 2: The reason why I think that this is something that absolutely no bank should have implemented this is because the only people who are calling or going into a teller to withdraw money are usually elderly people, or they're people who don't have good accessibility.
Speaker 4: They need help, they need assistance.
Speaker 2: So you are going to charge the most vulnerable people to access their own money.
Speaker 4: It is absolutely just unbelievable. It's terrible, terrible, terror terorrile.
Speaker 3: It's bad.
Speaker 1: I think the outrage also needs to be directed at all the banks because NABB and A and Z have also had this fee in place for some time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but maybe they just kind of like scooted around and got like maybe it wasn't such a big deal because it didn't hit mainstream media at the time or something else was happening. But I think this close to Christmas cost of living, people are very aware of what that extra three dollars could do for them, and charging people to access their own money when they're making billions of dollars.
Speaker 4: So they're back terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've backflip don at combak now's f well, they haven't had an official statement yet, but they're they're they're freaking out elbows put pressure on them.
Speaker 3: He's like, come on mate, this goes to to chrissy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but pressure on the other banks then too.
Speaker 3: All right? Moving on, pick up, put down.
Speaker 1: Dona de la Vasaci editing her photos to give herself a digital face lip.
Speaker 4: What doesn't she have a real face lift?
Speaker 3: No doubt she's had one, No doubt she's had one.
Speaker 1: But the problem is she's been at she she has have you seen telever side.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, she's had a bit done. It's not wrong with it, I mean put it down.
Speaker 2: I think, firstly, I feel sad that she is so insecure that she has to doctor her photos. Like it's really hard being a woman on the internet and feeling as though you have to edit the way you look because obviously she looks at photos and she doesn't like herself and that's a really sad place to be.
Speaker 4: It's sad because she's in the seventies too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what our producer has done is it says the above photo is the one that Donna Teller posted to Instagram. It's a photo of Donna Teller. The pick below is another photo from the event, and it's a photo of a whale.
Speaker 2: N the photo you're looking at the clearly two photos of Donna Tulliver's fuchy.
Speaker 3: Oh that different.
Speaker 1: Wow, I honestly didn't think that was her. But then why is there a photo of a whale underneath that?
Speaker 4: That's the next one. That's the next pick up?
Speaker 3: Put down that I killed.
Speaker 4: You're a all over this season.
Speaker 2: That's why she's editing a photos because people make horrible jokes like.
Speaker 4: That about her.
Speaker 1: Move on, then pick up, put down orcas. That's where the whale comes into it. Orcas wearing dead salmon on their head as little fun hats.
Speaker 4: What put it down?
Speaker 5: They're they're not intentionally putting a salmon hat on.
Speaker 4: Orcas are really smart. They probably are.
Speaker 5: Do you think they're at a Halloween fancy dress party, like, oh, this looks pretty. I think they're carrying the salmon to eat later. No, they're carrying it, let me guess, so they're carrying it as a trophy.
Speaker 1: No, orcas have been spotted wearing dead salmon as hats for the first time in thirty seven years. It was first noted in nineteen eighty seven. A female orca was spotted swimming around with a dead salmon on her head. Sooner after her whole pod started eating salmon, and one by one they all started putting hats on their head.
Speaker 4: It was a fashion shred stage.
Speaker 1: It went quite like shoulder pads out of fashion in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 3: And guess what now, salmon hats are so back, babe.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: Fashion is so sickly cool, like it comes back in and the orcas are all about this.
Speaker 4: This is great.
Speaker 2: You just wait, Brittany, all the orcs are going to be wearing dead salmon hats.
Speaker 4: You wait next week, I'll have a dead somehow.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, it was the fashion track, so he's gonna tell Aversachi.
Speaker 4: By the looks of things.
Speaker 5: Oh, thanks for bringing us these really high high brow articles, Minch, Are you welcome?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: There is a surprising trend happening at the moment around baby names. And I think, Laura, you might have inadvertently already done this. You didn't even know, but you've been in the trend for about five years.
Speaker 2: I am very in fashion everybody. That's what they say about me. Salmon Laura Burn in fashion.
Speaker 3: All right? That is Neggs on the pickup.
Speaker 4: Hey, I want to.
Speaker 5: Talk baby names to you guys today. I feel like it's something that all my friends are talking about at the moment. It's probably something that I'm looking at a lot because I have baby making age.
Speaker 2: Do people keep baby names before they're actually having babies?
Speaker 4: People? Right down, mich what's top of your list?
Speaker 3: I like Cleo for a girl.
Speaker 4: Oh, I like Cleo too, like Cleopatra or just clear.
Speaker 3: Just clear, but clear. Patra is very dramatic.
Speaker 5: It is but you like the drama him and acting schools. Yeah, this TikToker. I didn't know this was a thing. But he is a baby name consultant, Which why do you need a consultant for a baby name? Well, apparently you do. Let's not yuck her job, but that's this is a full time job. And she says there is one particular trend that is happening that is she's getting a lot of heat for online.
Speaker 4: Have a listen.
Speaker 2: One of the most common name insults I see in comments and dms is that's a dark name.
Speaker 4: Guys, dog names are in okay, Like that's a compliment.
Speaker 2: Now, that is so funny because Mitch, I literally had to bite my tongue. Cleo was my first dog's name, and he was a Hopper Spaniel named Cleo.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we're very gender you know, neutral here in this whole place, but yeah, Cleo clear was a boy.
Speaker 5: I'm excited by this trend because you guys might remember I asked a couple months ago if I could call my kid after an old dog that I had, and it was mixed responses.
Speaker 4: Dog's name again, Nala, Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Nyla's named after a lion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nyla's a very lioness. Yeah, but it was my dog that looked like a lion. What if this because it was a lassie.
Speaker 2: I feel sorry for all all the kids out there at the moment that it to grow up to be adults, because some names are really cute on little kids, but then when you think about them as an adult, you're like.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know, is Nala going to be a lawyer? Maybe? Maybe not Nala, she's going to be a boss.
Speaker 1: My favorite paper part with a comment section on that TikTok though they were so funny. Someone commented saying, my son's name is Samson. It's definitely a dog's name, but I don't care.
Speaker 4: It's also a biblical name. It's a name of a person in a Bible, so it's actually a person's name. First, you're right, So some.
Speaker 5: Of the names, let me read you some so Charlie, Daisy, Ruby, Sadie.
Speaker 4: I think they're all human names. All of them are human names. Again, Bear Banjo and Blue.
Speaker 3: Three Cocker spaniels.
Speaker 4: There is my nephew.
Speaker 3: There is also a giant animal.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure they're all characters on Bluey All of them. My nephew is a giant, he's the biggest two your old.
Speaker 1: You can't say that's my nephew's name because his name is bear. Yea, Laura's got a friend called Falcon. We're not going to start his name.
Speaker 3: Saying that's a human name. That's a bird.
Speaker 4: It is a bird.
Speaker 5: Falcon is the only foul your friend Falcon, the only falcon to be very I've ever met in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he did change his name. Never used to be Falcon.
Speaker 2: It was Carlos, and he thought that was too common, so he changed Falcon.
Speaker 4: No, it's illegally his name.
Speaker 1: And knowing that man changing his own name from Carlos.
Speaker 2: Falcon, he's the best. We love you, Falcon. He listens every day to high felks.
Speaker 4: Okay, Cooper, Maverick Duke.
Speaker 2: Fine, Maverick Mack's a bit hectic for j.
Speaker 3: Is one Alsatian.
Speaker 4: I think Maverick is just very American. Okay, I'm sorry. These are a no beethoven Snoopy and Rufe. Imagine calling your kid Beethoven. I mean that also was a person. We talked a bit of criticism when when I named my.
Speaker 2: Daughter Marley, because at the time, there was a really big movie Marley and Me, so everyone was like, that is a dog's name, Like that is could not be more of a dog's name because there's a literal dog movie named Mary and Me.
Speaker 5: I mean, like, sorry, Scooby Doo and Toto on the list. Is someone's calling or you know, calling their kids Scooby Doo.
Speaker 3: I'll producer Grace is saying, they that was just a.
Speaker 4: List of dog names.
Speaker 1: I put together this.
Speaker 4: Okay, so no one's called Scooby Doo. I think it's fine. I think dog names in Lola.
Speaker 2: I met a Lola dog the other day and my little three year old was there at the same time, and she patted the Lola and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, this isn't this just so cute?
Speaker 3: Full circle.
Speaker 4: My dog's name is Delilah, Love of my Life. I love the name so much.
Speaker 5: I almost wish I didn't call my dog Delilah so I could call my daughter Delilah just but I don't think you can call a kid a dog name if that animal is still with us.
Speaker 3: I disagree.
Speaker 4: I think it's fine.
Speaker 3: It's got to be deceased Tyler and Delilah.
Speaker 4: If I have a little boy.
Speaker 2: I'm for sure calling a Buster buster the second because the first one is the dog.
Speaker 5: While you still have Buster, fine, you're so cooked.
Speaker 4: She sometimes don't worry about Laura.
Speaker 2: Buster is a cute boy's name, though, Guys, anyone out there pregnant having a boy, you can have it and then also just reference me every so of it.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's very generous of you. Thank you. All right, Well, look.
Speaker 2: Coming up, a lot of people in this day and age work from home.
Speaker 4: Because you know, COVID happened.
Speaker 2: We all realize that actually a lot of businesses and a lot of different occupations we can work from home.
Speaker 4: We can do our jobs very very well.
Speaker 2: But some of you are not being efficient and some of you are doing some very naughty things when you were working from home.
Speaker 4: And we're going to talk about them next.
Speaker 3: I'm the pickup.
Speaker 2: I have a question for you, guys, do you think when people are working from home, because like, lots of people work from home these days, do you think that most people are actually working or is it kind of like a.
Speaker 4: Way to rule the system a little bit. I hope they're still working, still being paid by stuff. I know, we all know, and we're all like, yes, you can work from home. Blah blah blah, it's more efficient.
Speaker 2: But do you think people are actually doing it or are people just kind of like, you know, doing all their personal.
Speaker 4: Stuff at the same times.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of Colum may, bit of Colum beat. It's the same energy as when like you go and do a big pool at work, like you hold it in at home. You go, I'm going to I'm going to do it and get paid to do this.
Speaker 4: Nobody does that much.
Speaker 3: They do I do it? Everyone does it.
Speaker 2: No, most people hold on to their poos that they don't do them in the office, and you hold on to them from home and come to the office so you can spend your office.
Speaker 4: I think this opposite.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of people who liked to do big poos outside of their homes, they don't.
Speaker 4: Destroy their toilet.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The reason why I'm asking this is there's a mum who has gone pretty viral on a website called Mum's Net.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a red yeah are you minch? It's the one you frequent the most.
Speaker 2: And she has said, now, let's be honest, what do you really do if you're working from home? She said, I often have a bath at lunchtime. I go to the shops a clean Last Friday, I watched a Christmas film in the background in bed while doing some online training.
Speaker 4: I made a pie. So that's taking the mickey.
Speaker 2: So many people are getting really angry about this because people are like, no, they're like holy than that. They're like, I work from home and I am a diligent work employee.
Speaker 4: I get my work done.
Speaker 5: But she just rattled off her whole days like she didn't do any work, she took a bath, she did her errands, she did a shopping, she cleaned her house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the thing.
Speaker 2: I kind of think it's on the company as well, if you're that little across what your employees are doing that they are able to get away with doing that much when they're working from home.
Speaker 4: I'm planning on you too, now, I agree.
Speaker 1: And also, since when do we support big businesses and companies and the man they screw all of us?
Speaker 4: Yeah, make your part totally if.
Speaker 1: You like, honestly, they go out there fire and good people close to Christmas Willie Nearly, you know what you need to start doing. You need to start not looking so close and defending these companies, but also small businesses.
Speaker 4: They are small businesses. This is the thing.
Speaker 2: It's not always big companies that have employees working from home, although I used to so when I used to house share. One of my best friends who I live with, she was working for a big bank at the time, and she was working from home. She worked from home three days a week, and she used to have one of those portals that you'd have to log into and you'd have to be active on the portal at least every twenty minutes to prove that you were working. So she would sit on the couch gaming or watching Netflix all day, and then every twenty minutes she'd just moved the mouse to prove that she was online.
Speaker 3: I needs to buy a mouse jiggler.
Speaker 4: What's a mouse? She needs to work?
Speaker 3: I bought. I bought my sister a mouse jgler for Christmas. We don't mouse jiggler is.
Speaker 1: It's like a weighted hook that you it on your mouse and it throws it around so it moves it no way. You can also get keyboard gigglers too, and it's a little button that goes like this.
Speaker 3: Every two minutes. It just presses a key on a keyboard.
Speaker 4: Home Simpson, we have just hacked working from home.
Speaker 1: Wait, Kate's called, what do you do while you're working from home? How do you beat the system?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 6: So I am very close to going on matt leaves, so the care factors are absolute zero. So I start a team's meeting with myself and I just dial into that all day and then it doesn't that's a hack because it doesn't your screen doesn't go black. It just you're just on a meeting all day, so I don't have to switch the mouth.
Speaker 4: But do you have to make another team's account like another email? So it looks like you're just yourself?
Speaker 6: You just talk to me, just myself. I'll just I'll just look up myself, I'll call myself and then I just sit there all day.
Speaker 4: I also, is it your real name? Have you called in with your actual name? Have you given yourself a fake name?
Speaker 6: No, that's my real name.
Speaker 3: For your boss, Kate, we need to discuss this eight hour meeting you having with Kate.
Speaker 4: She's like, I'm Kate from McDonald's. I had a baby. She's working hard enough.
Speaker 3: I agree, I mean a human, but what do you do when you work from home? Hi? What's your hack?
Speaker 7: So every twelve weeks without fail, I bought to get my hair done, so at the hairdresser, four to five hours, wiggling my mouth, making sure that I'm online.
Speaker 4: Can you not still work at the hairdresser? Are you just choosing not to?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I could, But also that's nice to relax and have a chat to the hairdresser, get the goss on everyone that's going around.
Speaker 3: Yeah about it.
Speaker 4: I know you're not and I know it's really naughty.
Speaker 2: And I'm a business owner myself, so this also just wigs me out because whenever a staff asks if they can work.
Speaker 4: From home, there's a part of me that goes, oh yeah, but let's be real, you're not going to really work totally.
Speaker 5: I think you can take some liberties, but don't bite the hand to feed you, because I also have employees, and if I was as a small business, if I was paying them and they were not doing an hour of work a day and just wiggling their mouth, I just think it's not cool. Of course, take your liberties, go for your walk, get a coffee, but you've got to still do your job.
Speaker 3: Sorry, all right? Well, uh, Miscellini over there is ready to go to the show.
Speaker 4: Today is a dictator, dictor producing grace. You're an angel from the heaven.
Speaker 3: What am I now? You're styling out there?
Speaker 4: Thank you, Laura.
Speaker 3: No, you just realized we'll see you all tomorrow. We're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to see tomorrow alright, see three pm tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Goodbye.
Speaker 5: Yeah,