Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We are now outside the building. We're down in the car park where the backed up cup is about to take part. Over the next twenty minutes, Pats and three listeners all reversing the best they can under the watchful eye of real name, not made up, Eddie Montoya driving in strict A hell of a name. I'm pretty sure he was the protagonist in Scarface anyways, now who knews this is what became of him. He's now a driving instructor in Melbourne. Rio is in Buy in front of the parking spot that they're going to be reversing into, Flanked either side of a very wide bay. Two beautiform Mercedes donated by Mercedes Benz Berrick. Behind Rio are two cardboard cutouts, one of Alex moved that one forward, move that one forward, and me looking like a dodgy real estate agent. He also when not buy an apartment from that guy or by a radio show from that guy. They've shopped your legs off in the cuts been applicated all right, So we're ready. We ready for our first driver and contender. It is Jane. Jane, how are you feeling. You're in yourwnavara?
Speaker 3: Good luck?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm in mode.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm ready to go. Thank you, Jane. Good luck.
Speaker 1: I noticed that I've never seen a steering wheel that has diamonds on the wheel cover.
Speaker 3: This is tricked out and blinged out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love a bit of bling.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: I've tricked up my car as much as I can.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, in your own time, Jane, start the car and then show us your skills.
Speaker 3: Now, Jane's got formed.
Speaker 1: She competes for fun at the weekend in full wheel Drive Championships. She's firing up the car. It is a filthy looking bush, Peter, it's don't speak about Jane like that would kind of trash talking like that shuttle on the roofs that what we know?
Speaker 3: What that will drive victims? You cut her off.
Speaker 1: She's getting that shot out, all right. She's proceeding to Rio now all right.
Speaker 4: She's approaching the roundabout of Doom, very steady, just across the parking bay. She's now lining it up at I would say.
Speaker 1: Say that is coming in tight left hand down Jane.
Speaker 4: It is a tight angle. I'd say thirty degrees. She's now backing into the spot. Now let's get a look at the old linement.
Speaker 1: Great angle. Eddie, the driving instructor, is eyeing all this. Rio. Ask Eddie, what does he make so far of Jane, our first athlete looking good?
Speaker 5: So far, it's a good angles. It looks like even on both sides, it looked like I did see her look into a rear camera to help out.
Speaker 3: So but you know, I'll factor at all in that so far. Good job in one move. Impressive. Okay, round the.
Speaker 1: Blouse for our first stathlete today in the back of that cup.
Speaker 3: That's some Jane. Okay, let's take a break.
Speaker 1: Then we'll come back with Penelope, Wayne and then Pats will drive. Someone will be winning one thousand dollars and the inaugural Back It Up Cup.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're outside the radio station, the obligatory rent a crowd. I don't even know who they are. I think they think it's Fifi. We're out here for the Back It Up Cup. One very large, very generous parking bay. Two brand new Mercedes either side. We got two more contenders to go, then Patsy's gonna go. It is the back it Up Cup? Who can reverse the best? Who's gonna win the one thousand dollars? Who's gonna win the amazing Trophy? And Alex boyl the way in no way. It's going to be twenty two degrees today. It is bitterly cold out here. Is that Worrin winter? It's horrible all right. Up next to this guy Wayne, who is the last one to call us Monday, Good morning Wayne, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning Christian and crew. How are you good? Wayne? He seemed very very confident.
Speaker 1: Your wife and your daughter Ruby think you're the one who's gonna win the cup.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's easy, mate. I even brought the manual just to show Patsy how to do it.
Speaker 1: Now, somebody was said, suspiciously, everybody else is in big cars. You've come in a very very small, basical, clear cown car. I mean, do we think about bringing a bike in or something?
Speaker 6: Wayne, Well, I could have. I could have done it on knee bike, but the small car. Lots of people are living in these at the moment because of homelessness and everything else. So I thought i'd make a point.
Speaker 1: Good on your Wayne, Wayne, in your own time. Fire up, good luck. Let's see if you can do the cup. Good luck Wayne. Okay, Wayne is up next, move forward at your own speed. It was a bit tight to building, he said, sella came Maverick is very quick.
Speaker 3: He's very speed.
Speaker 4: He's now backing up into the spot. All that looks crisp.
Speaker 1: Beautiful use of the mirrors there as well. Textbook stuff, textbook stuff. Eddie the driving instructor, who's the umpire for this?
Speaker 3: Thumbs up? Well done, Wayne, very very strong stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wayne, if you move out the spot, Let's bring on Penelope, our Thurn and co and final contestant before Patsy comes up. Penelope, how are you feeling so good? We've got this yep.
Speaker 3: And what are you gonna do with your money? Oh gosh, probably spend it on a euro trip.
Speaker 1: Okay, and just have one thousand dollars to get you to Europe. Might get you, might get you some other way, Penelope. Good luck? Okay. Penelope is up now, slightly larger car than Wayne. Again, quite quick coming around the bend here.
Speaker 3: I ain't wasting any time.
Speaker 1: They're not. They're all in a rush to get that one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's going straight towards our sound system. She's just pulled.
Speaker 3: Off heavy on the break.
Speaker 1: That was again though, very smooth technique, easy confident reversing from Penelope.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a bit left hand side.
Speaker 1: All right, we don't need man splaining going on here twenty twenty five. We will see that. Well done, Penelope, well done, all right. Now marking the drivers out of five has been Eddie the drive instructor.
Speaker 3: Let's get the leader board Eddie, okay, who was in third place?
Speaker 5: Impressive stuff there, I would say we're sitting pretty evenly. Actually, everyone's on four point five out of five. This the first one. I deducted point just for the use of the camera. Wayne just a little bit quick steering in, but very good result in the end. And Pam just that slightly uneven sorry, Penelope, just that slightly uneven at the end of it. But it's still very impressive four point five.
Speaker 1: Five to get it's equal first right now, Actually, how do you feel you've watched?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Eddie.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to melt that character. Give five seconds of famous almost up Eddie, pat how you.
Speaker 6: Feel I am feeling primed.
Speaker 1: You think you can do five, you get the thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: This yonda is going to take me right to the grand watch and say, smooth as silk.
Speaker 1: It will be okay. All eyes are going to be on pats next. When we come back from this break, pats is driving in a spot trying to win the one thousand dollars and the Back It Up Cup.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're almost at the ends of the first ever Back It Up Cup. Three listeners have reversed very very well. But right now Patsy's about to do it under pressure trum win one thousand dollars in the first ever Back It Up Cup. All right, let's find out who is in what position with Eddie, our driving instructor. Eddie has been watching the drivers so far. Find out how Wayne, Penelope and Jane got on. Eddie, what are the scores on the door?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 5: All right, So this is a little bit different, and I'm not used to judging people who are experienced drivers, so that definitely made it a lot harder. But on the leaderboard we got in third position. Pen Penelope, she did very well. It was just more for the fact just slightly uneven, and I have.
Speaker 1: Not taken that news very well, mainly because it's the second time you've called her Pan obviously got a thing for ladies called Pan. Please try and be professional, Eddie. Okay, So Penelope in third spot, she's furious, filthy, looks at you right now.
Speaker 5: All right, and now this one was very tough with coming with second position here. I have reconsidered about the camera usage. So that is all fine.
Speaker 1: Jane got to you, did she forget she's got that shovel on the top of that bushbitza.
Speaker 5: But in this case, what I had to consider I had to imagine that I was in the parking lot waiting behind this person, both these people, and in second place I have Jane. Unfortunately, Wayne's one just did come in that much more smoother.
Speaker 3: It was a lot more crisp.
Speaker 5: And that's why I've given him first position.
Speaker 1: In this very very gracious fist pumping from the ladies from Wayne.
Speaker 3: You haven't won it yet, because.
Speaker 1: Eddie, you think you've seen driving meet Patsy. Patsy turn up this beautiful car. It's been cleaned out as well. There's no blood spatter anywhere from victims.
Speaker 6: Patty I'm feeling great, but you know it's tough competition.
Speaker 3: But I reckon, I've got this in the bag.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's wish her good luck to be on round the blows. So the one and only Patrina Jones trying to win the one thousand dollars in the backup cut Patsy good luck.
Speaker 3: I will stand back, or should take me out? Here?
Speaker 1: She goes, I very own, miss Daisy, not messing around a bit of pace there.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know if this is the right angle.
Speaker 1: I've never seen any will take their angle so far. Actually, I would say quite amateurish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd be in the other parking.
Speaker 3: Was she driven to dan Janong?
Speaker 2: Where do you go?
Speaker 3: We can't even see her. It's the what speed is she going out? Snow?
Speaker 1: The world's last.
Speaker 3: News? Come on, Nana, the foot down, Eddie.
Speaker 1: If I'm behind bats, I'm hong ha. We got we gotta get to the eight thirty years. Come on, we've come backwards in chime. She's not even cart stick it out. She just she just knocks me over. She had one goal here, not to win this background.
Speaker 3: She's chaking me out. I've hit the deck.
Speaker 1: The carboard me has been flattened here, ugly scenes, amount of kids as well. I wrote, the carts rolled forward, Eddie instruct us just put his head in his hands. Instant feul, instant fel. Okay, okay, Patsy, come on coming out of the car. Just check its turned off and it's in park. Lights are on, lights are on, lights are on? Are we talking about Patsy? Lights wrong? But uh well Sam that door. Then we've got some road rage. What's you beating over to me? Not that you just knocked me over? Round a plasa Patsy there, awful, awful win it all right, Eddie. Okay, tough choice now, but you are independent judge. Are adjudicated to day. Eddie.
Speaker 3: Who is the first ever winner?
Speaker 5: Okay, well it's easy to say in this instant it's not Patsy. Oh and yeah, with that, our winner for today will be Wayne.
Speaker 1: Wayne is the first ever winner. Give this man the trophy. He's the first ever winner of the Back It Up Cup. Congratulations, been around a purse.
Speaker 3: For Wayne, Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Now, Wayne, you've got a very very important charity that you're kind of going to donate this one thousand dollars run here a couple of weeks away from Christmas.
Speaker 3: But what are you going to do?
Speaker 1: Tell us about this charity you're telling me earlier it's very important this Timmy year. Yeah, so I am.
Speaker 6: I work for Ways, which is a family violence and homelessness charity in dandingh On. We support women leaving family violence. We have women's refuse shelters, we have youth shelters and everything else. That's Ways wa yss That's where the thousand dollars is going for. So his's the Ways.
Speaker 3: Ah, It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: And if people want to find out more about the charity and they want to donay and support anyway, where do they go?
Speaker 6: Just go to www dot Ways dot org dot au. As I said, we're based in danding On. We look after all of Cardinia, Casey and everything else. We supported twenty five thousand people last year in helping homes staying homes.
Speaker 3: Good only for doing that.
Speaker 1: You've got big heart, Wayne, Thank you very much, a deserved winner today for the first ever backet up cup. And also what I've noticed you're on that very emotional speech. Your talk hasn't good off her phone. I saw your ruby. I've got a ruby as well. They give us nothing. Wayne the old Man's just smashed this. She just won one thousand dollars, first ever win in a back of that cut. She's on the on the tiktoks. There's something more interesting there right now. Wayne is our winner for the backing up come Thanks, thank you very much, Pam Slash, Penelope and also Jane as well Eddie the Drive in struct as well.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for coming down.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast