Speaker 1: People do some weird ship. This is it.
Speaker 2: This is a big one. This is for the girls.
Speaker 1: This one some things make more sense than the other.
Speaker 3: Whimsy lowhand in the face after trying to take a boy away from a mother.
Speaker 2: You're a good little boy, I won't.
Speaker 4: We evenenjoyed the kill.
Speaker 1: Please yourself for observations you didn't ask for. That's the line.
Speaker 5: I see it quite clearly, get new glasses.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of mitches.
Speaker 3: One is clearly better than the other one.
Speaker 1: I can't agree. Now here is Michturi and Mitchell ko We made it to what final show of the year.
Speaker 3: I know it feels weird saying that, right.
Speaker 1: It really does. We haven't even been on the cloud that long.
Speaker 3: Well, no, in my mind, we had so much left to do for this year, and then you were like, I'm going to LA next week. I was like, oh, ship that got one show let out of LA.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As we all well known, it's like what happens in the year.
Speaker 7: It's like the ye just disappears. You wanted to get so much done and nothing gets accomplished.
Speaker 3: The fact that it's bloody decemb But to me, I'm just like far out. I haven't done any Christmans chopping for president?
Speaker 1: Who sounds like too late?
Speaker 7: Is it parallel checkouts at cold? It's just put the panetone in a separate bag. And they tried to bring it up because you have a common interest in being white and in cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hasn't just said would come around here? Oh yeah, they get your tea, don't squash the bread.
Speaker 1: That's what you say.
Speaker 3: We may be talking about the weather. Really, yes, you're exactly right. Well we're here.
Speaker 1: Final show. AD's a big one, is it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Because I just want to start by saying it is Christmas time, so I thought I might do something that'll set the festive theme for the year.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: I am a lovely co host, and I haven't told you this was happening. We could have done a secret center. But I love you too, And what I've done is I bought you both the president, and I haven't told you about this.
Speaker 3: Jenna.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I was worried about Jenna, to be honest.
Speaker 3: You know you didn't get him anything, did you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, thank god, did you get anything? Well, I don't know. We're doing this that's anyway.
Speaker 1: So you know, I kind of like the attention, So I just didn't want to tell you because now you look like the fuck heads.
Speaker 3: I see what you've done. I see what you've done.
Speaker 1: On the show. Okay, so I go to start with you, Mitchell Coombs. I know you're a brand boy, and you've always wonted one of those frank Green drink bottles.
Speaker 3: Oh did you get everyone to oh thank you Christmas?
Speaker 1: Oh there you go.
Speaker 5: That's cute.
Speaker 3: This is like the same brand that all those wanky keep cups come in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're very nice, hot and cold. You can put.
Speaker 3: I'm actually not a brand boy, which is why I haven't bought one myself, because I'm like, I can't justify spending that much money on a Riggan drink bottle when I could just be reusing an old Mount Franklin.
Speaker 1: You know they don't have to.
Speaker 3: No, I don't thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You are a brand boy. That's fine, very nice in general. I got you.
Speaker 7: Something too, My god, I got you a fish.
Speaker 1: What Merry Christmas? My god?
Speaker 7: All right, let's go on with the show. Like you, Jenna, Merry Christmas?
Speaker 1: What's up? Janna? Why are you crying? Jenna? This can't be authentic? Cries?
Speaker 3: Jann? Are you freaking out of the fish. So obviously people can't see it's right now. Shed up a plastic bag with a fish in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've just put it in the bag. It's very finding, Nemo Wes.
Speaker 7: You actually look a lot like that girl who's got the braces who we worked in the You look like.
Speaker 1: No, Jenna. It's a Siamese fighting fish alive.
Speaker 3: I went to the peture it shows some respect. Give it a name.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's a Siamese fighting fish.
Speaker 7: And I walked into pet bar and I thought, what animal perfectly describes Jenna? And I saw I saw this lethargic fish swimming in a bowl, barely alive. As I approached it and tapped on the glass, it barely moved.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you got her a fish on his deathbed.
Speaker 7: That was someone's deathbed, I asked the guy, and I was like, oh, use this fish. That's the temperament made. All they do is sit and watch.
Speaker 1: That is very very Jenna.
Speaker 2: It's moving. Oh, it's cussing.
Speaker 3: We were talking about it. We thought Jenna leaves alone. She could do with the pet thigger. You've got a fish, now, enjoyed, Jenna.
Speaker 2: Do I have a tank.
Speaker 3: No, are you meant to put them in a tank within like half an hour?
Speaker 7: Yes, you can do that at your own costs. We'll finish the show and you can c You'll be right.
Speaker 1: Just put it in a glass of water until you get home.
Speaker 3: Put it in my frank green water boy idea.
Speaker 2: Well, my team have secret answer tomorrow, and.
Speaker 3: You're not going to re give the fish.
Speaker 7: You're not going to give you a tank. Don't hope that Jonesy and Amanda will bring it a filtered tank.
Speaker 5: You need a tank.
Speaker 7: Okay, we're just kidding. Say I got your tank. It's filtered, it's heated. No, Jenna, because I love you and you live alone and I want you to have someone in your house with you.
Speaker 3: This is the exact reaction we wanted by getting her a fish. She went through the initial like absolute freak out of what the fuck am I going to do with a fish? And now she's just like attached to it. Look at it.
Speaker 1: It's so cute, it's bright. Describe it, jan It's very cute.
Speaker 3: You haven't given it a name yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna call them.
Speaker 3: This is so hard.
Speaker 7: Well, we have until the end of the show to come up with a name, so let us do the show. By the end of the show, we want to name it of you.
Speaker 5: I name it Sylvia.
Speaker 1: We got there quick named after who.
Speaker 3: Well, there's our TSL technique gone. We're gonna hook people throughout the whole show or what the fuck are they gonna.
Speaker 1: Call it a breakfast show?
Speaker 7: Well, announce the ten thousand dollars winner after six. No, wait, it's Julie, she's here. After Sylvia Jeffries, I'm assuming the TV presenter.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice. We've got to get that thing in a tank. It's starting to there's a lot of fish excrement in that bag I've got.
Speaker 7: If you've got to the corporate kitchen right next to the CEO's office. He walked in when I was feeling it out.
Speaker 1: He was like, I said, oh, it's a fish. He went for the office. I didn't approve that, but anyway, that's your fish. Happy Christmas. Originally just wanted to give you the bag and just leave you just watching Walter with a vision plastic bag.
Speaker 2: I would have done that.
Speaker 3: No, look, you won't lying early when you said it's a big show, because I've been nagging you for weeks now to get Vanessa Amma Rossi on the show. Anyone who doesn't know Vanessa Amorrossie, she's a singer. If you don't know by name, surely you know these songs are there's so many good ones.
Speaker 1: God, she's Australian icon, she is.
Speaker 3: And there was a new song of hers that I loved, and I said, get her on so I can tell her that I love it. I won't believe it till it happens, but you've promised it. So she's on the way right.
Speaker 7: She's on the way. She'll be on the show very soon. We'll give her a bars. I got a phone number, her personal number, so.
Speaker 1: Look at me go sure. Yeah. Also, apparently you bring your fucking ex's back in.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyone who used to listen to not My Cup of Tea, Well, the girls are on the way for a little Christmas reunion. That's what families do at this time of fantastic they all come together and catch up.
Speaker 1: It might be traffic, that's a shame. Also, death tolls on the road this time of year on that's terrible. I'm joking. Oh, the listener's gonna hate me even more now.
Speaker 7: Fat boy slams girls from Not my cup of lipped and nice.
Speaker 1: TEA stupid show.
Speaker 3: But anyway, should we kick off the way we always do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think we should.
Speaker 7: We'll kick off with an I gem if the first time listening, which by now you shouldn't be starting.
Speaker 1: At this episode.
Speaker 7: If you're starting at this episode, our producer has been given a fish I've slammed in another show.
Speaker 3: You know, it highly likely that someone could be starting with this show because if they're bored over the Chriffmas period, it's the first one at the top of the fee.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome to the ship show guys.
Speaker 7: Well, this is how we start with an Is it just me? It's the core of the show. It's something we what is it again?
Speaker 3: I always forget something we noted, something we hate or appreciate.
Speaker 1: I'm going to kick it off this week. Let's officially start the final show of the year. Is it just me? In those weird like five six days.
Speaker 3: Sorry, before you get into it, Jenna, you really should take that fish and put it in the freaking tank.
Speaker 2: No, I'm freaking out.
Speaker 3: Just go take the fish away to.
Speaker 7: The plastic bags like she's got a hot cross. Bundy Baker's delight.
Speaker 3: Oh, God stop rustling you Goina can cuts the careful.
Speaker 1: It's dripping water by Sylvia. So you're Sylvia, that poor fucking fish. Okay is it just me?
Speaker 7: Are those five to six days after Christmas and before New Year's Eve? Absolutely nothing?
Speaker 3: Well they're not nothing.
Speaker 1: But do you just lose all meaning of life?
Speaker 3: Oh? Of course I do, but I embrace the feeling.
Speaker 1: Does time stop? Could you kill someone and not go to prison? It's almost like the purge. Calories don't count, Like I just feel like no one gives a shit, No one's motivated to do anything. You have a ham for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You're living off leftovers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I kind of find something nice about the fact that everyone around you is in the same boat, and so I don't feel like I'm competing.
Speaker 1: No, that's what.
Speaker 3: Everyone's just messy and we all give each other permission. No one judges. So it's like a fun period. But I know what you mean, I don't. I always have to check what the date is, the day of the week me to that period because I've got no idea what's going on.
Speaker 7: But it's almost like a general consensus. It's a conscious awareness everyone knows that we've clocked off. Yeah, like it's an automatic out of office. No stores are open.
Speaker 1: You can't get anything your mum, we should get Milk's. Like all the shops are closed.
Speaker 3: I go back to the country every Christmas New Year, and I'm used to things not being open all the time. And like, I didn't realize all these things closed. All the shops close in the city as well. I thought that everything is stayed open is shut.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what to do. I'm just I just think about my news resolution, which I'm a sucker for. I do it every year.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, see, I used to be one of those New Year's resolution bitches. But this year, I feel like I'm starting to see everyone else's point when they say, don't set New Year's resolutions, because you're just setting yourself up for disappointment in many cases, because I do that unrealistic thing where I go, I'm gonna look better this year. It's like you have to be more specific, Well for this year.
Speaker 1: Mine is mine is consistently joined the gym blues wait stop eating fat again.
Speaker 3: They're vague goals, so very vague.
Speaker 7: Goals, but I yeah, I want to join a gym. So why don't we set news resolutions?
Speaker 3: Oh I just said, I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: Let's set new show resolutions. First show of twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: We're looking touch base and see what how our resolutions have gone. Jenners can be not to kill the fish.
Speaker 3: Well that's not super realistic, guy though, because they're fish, they don't have the biggest lifespan. That said, I did rear a guinea pig for eight years. They didn't usually last that long.
Speaker 1: Is that a euphemism?
Speaker 3: No, you're like rearing is like looking after Oh raising that.
Speaker 1: Sounds like something a Westy you say about their partner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did, real right, Oh, don't let me google what rearing means sounds Yeah, bring up or care for?
Speaker 1: Fuck you?
Speaker 3: I didn't. Actually I understand where you're coming from hearing a guinea pig. But anyway, I kept that fucker alive for eight years. That's unheard off.
Speaker 1: I had a guinea pig for eight years too.
Speaker 3: Is that their life span? A?
Speaker 1: We were taken by a sea eagle.
Speaker 3: A sea eagle.
Speaker 1: I live next to the beach in Granada. It was taken by a sea eagle.
Speaker 3: What it was like?
Speaker 1: It was the best kiddy.
Speaker 3: Oh darling, I've got skills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you've read a couple in your lifetime. A seagle had its little fucking talons and picked it my parents, my mum did and it was the patch's acize of football. He was free range. You lived in the dog kennel and he was he was and he was stolen bi seagle.
Speaker 3: He is an gym on the fly?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Or a pet's dying sometimes the most traumatic things because they die in the most fucked up way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a littleklud or that. It was my pride and joy, little Hamish named after Hamish nanny, and I cannot I cannot even bear to think of him dying. So yeah, well there goes out to his resolutions. I guess mine is just not to watch my dog die. What's yours? You know, I haven't actually.
Speaker 3: Thought about it. This is the problem with I'm not telling each other what it's going to be. What is my new yeth resolution? I actually do want to I haven't decided a number or anything, but I do want to lose a little bit of way, not like heaps is just because I put a little bit back on. That's all. So it's not like I need to like I hate my body, but I'm just like, oh, yeah, I've actually gotten a little.
Speaker 1: Bit at all. That's a compliment. I'd brew that guinea pig.
Speaker 9: Hell did not.
Speaker 1: I did not need to say that.
Speaker 3: I'm moving this right along. Okay. I'm very excited for my Is it just me this week because I'm finally speaking to a guest that I've wanted to get on the show for ages. Let's do it?
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Is it the most satisfying thing when you hear a song that is very applicable to what's happening in your life, but it's also a little bit terrifying, you know what I mean, where it's like, oh, someone's tapped into my brain. So, as you know, Mitch, I've had a real appetite recently for songs about men being a waste of time. I was driving along and I heard this song recently and I was like, oh, my god, that sums up exactly what I'm thinking. And I'm very thrilled to say that the artist behind that particular song is on the line right now. Vanessa and MOROSSI, Hello, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Hey, Hey, I want to know what this song is now, well, it.
Speaker 3: Was this one one of the new ones. Hello MEM's you've got it for us.
Speaker 5: To make.
Speaker 1: Hell me.
Speaker 7: Okay, I want Vanessa to tell me what that song's about so I can work out what you're going through.
Speaker 1: Vanessa.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean that's such a compliment for me that it relates to something that's happening in your life. And it was, you know, a situation that I had gone through that I had to just draw a boundary line, like I was so wanting to please and make that person happy, and then towards the end, I was just really unhappy and so goodbye, goodbye you, Hello Me. It's just a I don't know, when you come to that realization that it's really unhealthy.
Speaker 3: Love and it's almost not worth the effort and time, you know, totally there we go. That's exactly why this song resonated with me.
Speaker 7: YouTube is only having a sticky out the back of work just being like he fucked me over.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, the thing is that it's just so common and everybody, like there's a lot of people that pretend it doesn't happen to them, but I mean, it's really a common experience. I think everybody's exactly felt that way at least one point in their life.
Speaker 3: Oh, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 3: How you you're in the running to represent Australia at Eurovision, right, I'm not really a Eurovision fan. How does it all work?
Speaker 10: Well, it's going to be it's called Australia side and then we literally do like a little home competition here and then whoever wins that goes overseas to represent Australia.
Speaker 1: So it's between you and Casey Donovan.
Speaker 10: Right, Oh really, yeah, there's there's a there's a whole bunch of us actually nine artists. But the thing that was really great And I've watched Eurovision for years, but I've never really been all that into it was last year cap Mill heike like her performance and the actual song was all like, it's just super super artistic, Like the whole thing is incredible. So I thought, you know, personally, for me, if I get to design a stage and create this thing and then I have a song that would totally work that way, it just kind of all fell into place.
Speaker 3: So at this Australia decides around how does do you do like an original song or one of your existing songs. How does it work?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm doing one of my songs off my new record.
Speaker 1: Which one for doing?
Speaker 10: I can't say.
Speaker 3: Bullshit because I've listened to you the new album and I really like it, So I'm excited to know which the song it ends up.
Speaker 10: Meaning we're keeping it a secret for a little bit longer. But I'm lucky enough that when we did write this song a year ago, it was like straight away it was like, oh my god, this would be amazing for eurovisions and then yeah, obviously getting to design the whole setup, but yes, if you win the one that's in prisone, then then you go and represent.
Speaker 7: Do you have like pyrotechniques like you're trying to beat them out with like you know the show? Do you have costumes and feathers and or no? Is it just you on a microphone?
Speaker 10: Anything goes? No, anything goes. It's as crazy as you want to get. It's lazer as, it's new technology. It's it's however creative you can go and what length you want.
Speaker 3: To go to.
Speaker 7: It's like we're going to be watching the mass singer with you, Vanessa Amrosi.
Speaker 10: It'll be crazy coming out in a big chuck out.
Speaker 1: Oh that'll be fun. That's all right. Where are you in the world at the moment.
Speaker 10: I'm in Melbourne at the moment, but I've been jumping back and forth to each city this year and then each country.
Speaker 1: Oh god, what country have you been other than Australia.
Speaker 10: I've just been back and forth to LA because I'm kind of somewhat based there, so I'm jumping around the lot.
Speaker 3: Sounds like someone I know.
Speaker 7: No, they pay me out here because I said to someone once I said, oh, I'm in and out of LA but I've only been there once in the year, so they give me.
Speaker 1: I just said it to South Cool.
Speaker 3: You're someone who's actually in and out of La Vanessa.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I probably. I think this year probably done around twenty trips.
Speaker 3: See, she can get away with saying it.
Speaker 1: It's justified. I've been once. Are you going to be there for Chrissy.
Speaker 10: I'm going to get there two days before Christmas?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: I leave two days before Christmas, so that lunch that we were definitely going to have. No I land on a twenty second.
Speaker 10: I think I land on the twenty second or leave the twenty second.
Speaker 1: I'll wave to you I'll wave to you. There you go. Jet said you'll be.
Speaker 10: Busy chaos at the airport.
Speaker 1: Just so you know.
Speaker 7: I know, but I'm going, so I'm kind of thinking I'm going to avoid it. Welcome you to You're a celebrity, you get a scored or wherever you want. I've got to push.
Speaker 10: I wish I could unless I check a tantrum. That's the only time I can.
Speaker 1: In cuff talk to me. Do you like when you go to the airport you get noticed or No? Not in the state. Its more so in Australia, not normally at all.
Speaker 10: Because I dress appropriate for a flight, so I look like a wreck. I'm like in tracksuit pants. My hair's disgusting. I don't wear any makeup, so I'm tragic looking. But it's comfy, Like I want make up in my eyes when I'm trying to sleep, and I don't want to be in tight closed when I'm trying to lay and eat everything on the flight.
Speaker 3: I feel you, No, I made that error. The first flight I went on, I was like dressing to impress and my friends watch me walk out the door. They're like, why are you in jeans and boots for a flight? Yeah?
Speaker 10: It's it's well, when you do so many trips, after a while, you just go through that comfort is way more important.
Speaker 3: I can imagine. Hey, we were talking recently on the show about how nobody ever answers phone calls these days. Mention, I disagree on this all the time. Where do you stand? Do you get pissed off that no one answers the phone or are you the person that never answers your freaking phone?
Speaker 10: I never answered my phone, no point even Yeah, because in America you were hit every five seconds with Kelly Marketers. It's all the time. It's real entless. And then my message main is four of it and I don't know who owned my number before I got it. RS after their constantly not.
Speaker 1: Answering Trump so holds him.
Speaker 10: God, I've literally I answered the text or if somebody needs me to call, on my call, and but I hate being on the phone. It's really bizarre.
Speaker 3: Well, just when I thought we shared the same brain after that song, now.
Speaker 10: You're telling me do you love to be on the phone?
Speaker 11: Really?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. I just think I've ranted about it too much that now I have to like put my money over my mouth. Is I've told everyone else.
Speaker 1: Just a liar. She's just a liar. He does it all for content, you know what it's like.
Speaker 3: No, I'll tell you what. I'm a big fan of the voice messages when you talk into it and then you send it, so like not phone calls, but voice message, like the audio record of a miss.
Speaker 1: Do you do that, Vanessa?
Speaker 10: I actually have an app that's like a walkie talkie and that's exactly.
Speaker 1: What it does.
Speaker 10: That metal from all around the world and I can messages in the middle of the night or whatever time it is in their zone, and then when they wake up, they respond back. So I actually prefer that over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one ahead of us all.
Speaker 7: Let you go.
Speaker 3: Do you say over at the end of every message?
Speaker 1: Like, is that how it works?
Speaker 12: Ill?
Speaker 10: Roger that over?
Speaker 7: Did?
Speaker 3: I did start like a few years ago doing that.
Speaker 10: I drove everyone nut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bet.
Speaker 7: I got so excited when I was talking to your reps to book you for this interview, and They're like, I just call Vanessa directly on this number, and I'm like, I'll just add that to my context is Vanessa and Morosi, and then we gold and it's it connects that phone number connectsus to you.
Speaker 1: I don't actually have your number. Was so devastated.
Speaker 10: Oh well, you know you're probably calling my bestie. Listen, you could call her anytime. She loves it.
Speaker 3: Really Okay, Mitch likes to brag like he's got all these celebrity friends after he interviews the one. Now, Vanessa, I'm not trying to make you look bad if you have forgotten him, but you have spoken to much before. Do you remember him?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 10: You know I need to see I need to she would.
Speaker 7: You know what? I think the moment you lay eyes on me, you'd go, Yep, that's him. I remember that sweaty round face anywhere you were on my night show at Kiss you came in and you know what it was just before you broke that Rolling Stone story and you had to get Russ in here to confirm you could tell it on my show.
Speaker 10: That's right, Okay, now I know.
Speaker 1: And when Kyle was sick on Kyle and Jackie, I was in that day exactly.
Speaker 3: Now now I know, now, you guys, damn it, pals.
Speaker 7: See.
Speaker 10: The crazy thing is is that I'm literally in out of people's faces all day, but as soon as I'm back in front of his face talking, I'm like, hang on, we've done this.
Speaker 7: It's weird like that. I did an interview with Oh, yeah, you're right. It does sound like I'm name dropping. I'm not trying to withdu a leper. And it was the second time I'm spoken. So I'm like, hey, good to see you again, and she's like, have we spoken? I'm like, yeah, we love that.
Speaker 3: She said that. Most people pretend no, she's.
Speaker 1: Just stone cold. Have we spoken? I'm like, yeah, last week she's like, oh, you.
Speaker 3: Know when someone hits you with nice to see you rather than nice to meet either, they're saying it in case you've meant oh, good to see you again. I love that you didn't bother with that.
Speaker 1: That's so good she's doing it. Doesn't have time.
Speaker 10: You know what's really crazy. I do find a lot of people just switch off. I think it's like a coping mechanism. When you start actually doing a whole bunch of stuff, you're actually not home anymore. You're just a walking, a walking, operating human that's got no brain.
Speaker 7: People are poking you and plodding you and getting you to do things and say things and talk about the album, but don't say this, but say that, No it's not like that.
Speaker 10: I think it's just because the schedule is so early and you don't quite wake up all day, and then at night time you're performing, so you wake up. I don't know, it's just bizarre.
Speaker 3: He here's a question about the album, very cute dog on the cover. Whose dog is that?
Speaker 10: That's one of my rescues. I've got like nine books.
Speaker 3: That is so cute. Mitch brought a fish into the studio today. It did not a rescue. We just decided to get a fish. Maybe we should put that on our podcast artwork. It goes quite nicely.
Speaker 1: Taken your from you, did.
Speaker 3: I miss the dog's name? What did you say the dog's name was?
Speaker 10: His name is Bruce. He's actually one of my hardest dogs to read it like, I couldn't read him, couldn't rehome him.
Speaker 1: You said you had nine Vanessa.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So what I do for the last seven years out there is I get phone calls from the pounds when they're about to put them down in the morning, and I go and pick them up, and then I work out exactly what their temperament is and what they get along with dogwife, because I have every type of dog you can imagine there and then if I can rehome them, I try to and Bruce, who's on the front Carver is the sweetest thing ever. But because he's really big for a pitbull, right, extremely hard to rehome him. So I've had him for now five years and I'm still trying to rehome him. And I think I've just given up now because everybody else needs to cover and goes, oh my god.
Speaker 1: He's like a model. Bruce is yours. I feel like he suits you.
Speaker 10: He's amazing. But like I said, I got nine of them. It's it's tough. And then I'm on the road a lot, so I have a lot of people taking care of him and it's not the same.
Speaker 3: But I'm trying so hard to the urge to put my hand up and say give me one of the dogs, because I'm like, I know I'm not in a place to have one, but god, i'd love one. I just the day that I'm ready for a dog.
Speaker 10: We can fly him to Australia.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, I'm in and out of la See you got a baby as well, right, little baby?
Speaker 10: Yes, I've got a three year old.
Speaker 1: How's that? Working and touring in and out of La, like are they with you.
Speaker 10: Or they're with me at the moment, But they're going home tomorrow and then I'll see them just before Christmas. But it's a mission. It's a big mission.
Speaker 7: Yeah, bet you're killing it. We love you, Mitch, your fangirl and he is. Just think of anything else you want to say to Vanessa? Why you've got her on the line.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just glad that we finally got the opportunity. Mitch has been bragging about his celebrity contact book, like, oh yeah, I can get anyone, And I was like, get Vanessa and Moross. There was a song I heard I like the album get Up but here now and it's been an absolute pleasure.
Speaker 10: Has I really appreciate that, And thanks for liking the new song. That's such a compliment. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: No, we love you and good lucky. Euro Vision will be rooting for you.
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Did you throw the bloody sheet away? I haven't said the name of the album that I get credit pick it up? Oh God's sake, we were nearly done. We're done.
Speaker 1: We get it out there, back to love.
Speaker 3: That's it. It's out now. Everyone go check it out.
Speaker 1: With Bruce on the front. I have a good Chrissy.
Speaker 3: We love you.
Speaker 1: Talk soon you as well.
Speaker 10: By guys.
Speaker 3: Bye use It's just me love the podcast.
Speaker 1: But what more?
Speaker 3: In between episodes?
Speaker 1: You can follow the show Online's a couple of Mitch's.
Speaker 3: Now, Mitch, you're not walking away empty handed today because you've got Jennifer Fish. You got me my drink bottle and my Vanessa and MOROSSI chat. I'm spoiled today.
Speaker 1: I've done a lot of work this week.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't take credit for this gift. But like I said, you shan't be empty handed because look what's showed up in the mail for you.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 3: Remember a couple of weeks ago on the show, you called we were talking to my mum on the phone for some reason, and then you said to her, because my mum's a don't terror mum like, she's like unhealthily obsessed with essential oils. Yeah, and she's a big believer in them. She's like a witch. And so you said to Jane when you're on the phone to her, Hey, I get really bad migrains because of my chiari malformation. Could you send me some essential oils that might help?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Look what has shown up in the post my friends?
Speaker 1: Oh, give them over here, guy addressed to me. No, can you read the address?
Speaker 3: Not the actual address, but look how it's written. It's like you might Pa Mitch Cheery care of Mitchell Coombs. And when I got it, I was like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: That's so funny?
Speaker 3: What you just smell that envelope? That's going to be like a clusterfuck of all the oils together. There's a bunch of different ones.
Speaker 1: This looks like what got in trouble for. It's a little cling wrap glass cave.
Speaker 3: So the painted picture. These bottles of essential oil are so tiny, Like when I say sample, I mean sample, Like these bottles are so tiny you could basically fit a couple of tears in them. Yeah, and there's so how many are there?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Here you go.
Speaker 1: There's one, two, three, four, five, six, seven. Okay. Is there like an index that will tell me what they do?
Speaker 3: Yes? So she's actually got a letter, yeah, with it kind of explains everything about the oils.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we should stress the importance that this is not to encourage people to go against seeking medical advice for migraines. This is just something that some people find helpful. I think they're fucking bullshit. Really yeah, Like, I'm not a fan of essential oils, but some people swear by them.
Speaker 1: It's got a little ball in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a roll on so ice blue roller, roll on the back of your neck.
Speaker 9: Fuck.
Speaker 3: Okay, base of brainstem? Where is yours?
Speaker 1: Mine? That's my conditions when the migraine hits.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, you don't have a migraine. Oh, here we go. This will help you for this show. Okay, cognitive function?
Speaker 1: Which one? Which one the frank consent?
Speaker 3: Oh a lot of them?
Speaker 1: Actually, shit, tell me, I'll put them on.
Speaker 3: Put the co paper? Okay, which one's that? Did I read that right?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I saw paper. Yeah, cup paper, the.
Speaker 3: Cop paper and franken sense. Put them on the back of your neck a few times a day, or under the tongue. Put them under your tongue.
Speaker 1: Oh well, do you know my auntie Julie was born and raised in cie paper. Oh this one doesn't have a ball. This is dropped under the tongue.
Speaker 9: Can you tell me how I can't see you? Tell me if it's dropped, you'll feel it. Oh carefully, you could have done more than one drop there. Put your tongue down here, you taste it. Oh oh oh, your hogni function better be fucking ace for the rest of the show.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, I feel like I've fallen face first into it a dusk store.
Speaker 3: Oh what else?
Speaker 1: Put more on me?
Speaker 3: Rosemary also good for memory focused mental fatigue. Give it here?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, what do I do? This one?
Speaker 3: It should not be used by epileptics or people with high blood pressure arms, So sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm probably one of the two. I'll do it. It's all good. What does it do?
Speaker 3: Put a little bit under the nose and across the forehead. God, it reeks here, you've got so much oil and all these Oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's under my nose. Which one was that? My heart rate's going through the roof. We're gonna go to cardiac pulmonary arrest.
Speaker 3: Don't use that if you have high blood pressure.
Speaker 1: I don't. Haven't been diagnosed with it, sir. All right, let's keep them going on to them all.
Speaker 3: Do it in your own bloody time hits the letter, Wait till you've got a fucking migraine. Hellok, Mitch, Christmas time right now tis the season for catching up with old family and friends.
Speaker 1: So we're done with all this. I'm just meant to just bathe myself in these oils.
Speaker 3: Yeah, read the letter and do it in your own.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Jane, I love you. I appreciate.
Speaker 3: So right now I want to bring in Asian and Talisha, who I used to do Not My Cup of Tea with. And it's because not that I don't think you're good as a co host, but you can learn something from these two.
Speaker 1: Pick your pardon.
Speaker 3: There is something that they used to do really well, well, specifically Talisha used to do really well and Not My Cup of Tea, and that was prank calls. So she's coming in to do a segment that we used to do on Not My Cover Tea, the old podcast they hosted, and it's going to be a we didn't tell you this. It's going to be a hybrid of that segment from Not My Cup of Tea and Copping Fit Chicken, our prank call segment.
Speaker 1: We're putting the two together.
Speaker 3: Yes, So once once she comes in, we'll explain.
Speaker 1: Properly I didn't consent to this.
Speaker 3: When if I ever required your consent for a segment, you just go along with my bullshit.
Speaker 1: I'm going to need some more frank concense supply to the back of my neck or the mental fatigue I put you through.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Come on in, girls, they're sitting out there. Come on, they're not looking at me.
Speaker 1: Go get them. Come on in and I can buzz them out. Come on, girls, come on on in. There they are here they are. It's like on an episode of Jerry Springer bringing the accent.
Speaker 3: How are you good?
Speaker 5: We were just playing handball in the hall.
Speaker 1: Are you mind?
Speaker 3: What's the Why are we playing handball?
Speaker 2: It's a fun game.
Speaker 1: Now that your show has been canceled, not much to do with it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't canceled.
Speaker 1: Was canceled by the higher ups.
Speaker 3: What higher ups? Mitchell produce the cree.
Speaker 1: I actually don't know where the bitterness came from. And now I'm looking at your face to face. I really like both of you.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: It's like the dad who doesn't want a puppy but then falls in love with the puppy. Yep. Fish.
Speaker 3: Did you guys see Jenna out there by the way. She's looking after a new fish.
Speaker 5: She seems very sullen, bitch.
Speaker 3: Try buzzing Jenna.
Speaker 1: Jenna come in now.
Speaker 3: So what he just said played out in the office. Oh my god, she's running down the hallway.
Speaker 1: She can look at she's got a trot on in here.
Speaker 3: Come on in, Jennal Eminem's do you remember you remember producing Jenna? She was a fake producer. Now she's mine, Mitch's not.
Speaker 6: I've never seen her in the flesh. So this is just are you actually to cope with? Have you never met Jenna's never in my entire life?
Speaker 3: What have you never met?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to keep the show moving now, round of coughing.
Speaker 7: Fis chick?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So the reason that we've brought you guys in here is because Mitch needs a little training. Talisia used to do the calling in sick to places I don't work at, prank call over and not my cup a day, which is exactly that. She'd call in sick and then they'd be like, who the fuck are you and.
Speaker 5: I'd be like, hang on, I work.
Speaker 3: There never breaks character, whereas you when you do our coppling fit chicken prank call? Do you just call someone and break out into a copping fit? You hate it, you're so nervous. She never breaks. She never breaks.
Speaker 1: Fucking celebrities, not just casual shift celebrities.
Speaker 5: Oh you don't think You don't think that shift workers in retail are worth your time.
Speaker 7: I don't care when I'm sixteen year old is there at midnight at soupre She's not as big as a celebrity.
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Are you a widow at your eighty nine year old husband's is that the already dare civil lived a long life?
Speaker 5: Can we cast on this podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was saying it's very jarring hearing like the word fuck. I'm like so trained to not say it, hearing Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Say if you're trained to not say it, trained.
Speaker 2: As if like I dropped the most.
Speaker 1: Oh you're on the Christian station.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks be to God. It's really surprising that Ashan agreed to come in for this because she fucking hates when we do prank calls.
Speaker 6: This is my least favorite segment we ever did every time we did it because I don't like it. Prank calls make me feel bad for the like the other person the end of the line.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: It's entertainment.
Speaker 3: Get the second Harry Ruthless Mitch and you could learn something from her. Okay, So she's come up with an idea where you start the call, start coughing, and then you put your wife on. She will be the wife. But the idea's come up with it's Christmas themed.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Tlia.
Speaker 3: Would you like to explain?
Speaker 5: Yeah, fuck, it's a good one.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 5: So you're going to call this place up your Santa, but they don't know you've been. You've been just Nick this whole time, Nick this whole time, young me center.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you've got to keep it a secret, chucking like a little like a ho like a ho hole host. Oh, be subtle about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so you you haven't done this all year, so like you know, just read it in a little bit, all right.
Speaker 1: References.
Speaker 5: Basically, you are calling in sick to your shift on Christmas Eve because you've got to go to your.
Speaker 1: Other job, of course, but I can't let the nor'm Santa? No yeah, yeah, yeah, great.
Speaker 3: Okay, So are you missus clause?
Speaker 5: I'm missus clause. So basically, the crossover, the crossover scenario here coughing fit Santa.
Speaker 7: I will go into it, Nick, and I will go into a horrific coughing fit and I will way all over my beautiful wife, missus clause, and you.
Speaker 5: Pass it over to me.
Speaker 7: So we're going from IM's best and most love segment to not my Cup of Coffee's most famous.
Speaker 1: Segment, favous.
Speaker 5: Have you ever hit a million views?
Speaker 3: Her first one that she ever did, calling in Sick to Kmar went viral? So did it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I've never gone viral.
Speaker 3: But you always seem to feel bad as well. You're a little bit like Achan in that way. But she just always takes it too far. And even then she's like, not far enough, She'll keep pushing.
Speaker 1: Let's go to her house and find her.
Speaker 6: Usually hide under the desk when it's really I've done it once before. I think it was during the camp one that I actually hid under the desk because I couldn't cope with it.
Speaker 5: There were genuine tears streaming down the face.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do it this time.
Speaker 3: We're calling a Bunnings the warehouse.
Speaker 5: I don't love their sausage sizzle.
Speaker 2: I love bunny the phones rings.
Speaker 1: I won't go and they're like, I'm just tossing the onions open.
Speaker 3: On Christmas Eve, do you think.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's give it a shot. I don't know why I'm gonna put the.
Speaker 2: People need lumber on Christmas Eve, Chimney, I need a.
Speaker 5: Plant, got the number?
Speaker 1: I bring the number. Everyone, I'm gonna turn your MIC's are going to be on. They can't hear you. I'm putting on a button so that we can hear you. But they can't.
Speaker 5: No one else gives a funk about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm daling.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Bunning's in Goodle Bar.
Speaker 3: No, it's not the neighboring thub over oh Bristle Bush. No, you said that before.
Speaker 4: Sorry, welcome j Bunning Scannington. This is a unit.
Speaker 1: Hey, sorry, who is this?
Speaker 7: This is Oh my god, sorry, this is a This is Nick. I just wanted to let you know that I need to call in sick for my shift. I want to give you heaves a notice.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's put you onto a manager.
Speaker 1: Just a moment to get Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, they're a very nice time. I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 7: I do like that.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how are you? It's Nick? I thought I just get in ahead.
Speaker 7: I just spoke to all before and I wanted to get in before Christmas and just say that I cannot do my shift Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: I want to give you as much notice as I possibly could.
Speaker 10: Okay, so what department?
Speaker 9: Sorry, you're right from.
Speaker 1: I'm from the nursery. Yeah. One day here and I just thought I'm not gonna be able to get in and.
Speaker 9: Get the.
Speaker 1: Christmas Yeah, Christmas the twenty the twenty four. What's your surname? The same one, sec, I'll just get it. Hold on my team number.
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Can you get the time? Can you get the I'm just on the I'm just getting my wife. She's got the team number from the back of my badge. Thank you? Can you get the badge number?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 5: Where have you put it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 12: The back of my nine time? The back of my name tag, tad. Not this time of year, it's very stressful. Not this month where I find it.
Speaker 1: The back of my name tag, behind the slide.
Speaker 2: Get some water.
Speaker 10: What was your surname?
Speaker 5: Hi, doll? How are you going?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Snick's wife? Sorry, Nick's wife Anita? Sorry sorry Nix Nisa got a poor pork cough. He gets it around this time of here, it's going around. I think it's just the smoke. Oh, Nick, do just get some water. Just get the water. He doesn't like water. I'm okay, where's the stuff? Sorry, I'm just trying to find that god, Okay, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 10: Clause Okay, and like what thepart Benusian's green life?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Nick, Sorry, have you had the water?
Speaker 1: You have to ask Vixen. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Sorry, he's in the nursery after the plants and such.
Speaker 10: Okay, not a problem, you just.
Speaker 5: You just can't make the make the Christmas Eve ship. Yeah, no, I know, I know the twin she knows the twenty fourth. Everyone does.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 5: It's all right, all right, come down, calm down, Nick, Sorry, sorry, sorry?
Speaker 7: What was that?
Speaker 10: And it's John, that's his coordinator John?
Speaker 5: Okay, so when will I be able to speak to John?
Speaker 10: That's okay. I'll pass it on to Oh okay.
Speaker 5: Because John is across that that Nick does have another job. This is a second job. He kind of just uses this one to fill in. You know, everyone's a bit of a hustler these days.
Speaker 10: That's not a problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it all.
Speaker 10: I'll pass it on to John for you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, for sure, for sure? Are you are you around on Christmas Eve? May?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: Sorry, are you working Christmas Eve.
Speaker 10: No, I'm not sorry.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, no, that's all right, that's all right. Well, at least you have time with your family, nickol see Christmas Eve. Well, you know, if he does his job right, maybe maybe he won't have you. Marie, have you been naughty or nice?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Thank you, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have said that. We should have kept it going.
Speaker 5: She she needed that.
Speaker 3: I guess that counts as the point to you, which is a comming fit chicken thing we've got going on.
Speaker 7: I didn't stop. I may have given a break for you missus Claus to shine, but you know I came back in. So that's the longest coffee Ficturcken record.
Speaker 3: I think our first ever show that ben fordhen one. It was non stop coughing that one. There was there was dialogue.
Speaker 1: It was horrific.
Speaker 5: No, but like I feel like that's just you know, the evolution, right true, we're bringing in some.
Speaker 3: Culture formed to cope with that better or worse than usual.
Speaker 1: Her fingers and nubs, she's her nails right off.
Speaker 6: I mean I thoroughly enjoyed it, like now that it's over. While it was happening, I wasn't into it at the opposite of what I have. I'm like, this is great, and then afterwards I'm like why.
Speaker 3: We had a few questions the first time we did cobbing fit Chicken, and they said, do you call the person back and like ask them and explain to them what the hell that was about. Here's how that went.
Speaker 1: Hey, Marie, oh my god, you're such a good sport. My name is Mitch.
Speaker 7: I'm calling from a couple of Mitch's podcast. You were great with our fake bloody coughing Santa my god, so I just wanted to call you and you know it was going on a podcast, and thank you for playing along.
Speaker 1: You were phenomenal, no worries at all. Thanks, you have a great night.
Speaker 3: Well that was fun actually, like these girls now, thanks for coming in and showing him how to do any job.
Speaker 2: Yeah to Mitch Mitchell's is my favorite podcast.
Speaker 1: That was two gay boys with a similar sounding name. It's my favorite.
Speaker 3: Bugs similar sounding it's the same name, your Mitch Mitchell. Anyway, we should get out of here. It's been great to have you guys on. I should let everyone know that we're actually doing a Not My Cup of Tea Christmas reunion episode. So if you're not already, you're not my cup of tea and check out the podcast.
Speaker 1: No, you're not invited. I've got to go to l a a In and Out.
Speaker 3: You actually were invited. It was a shame you couldn't come. But we'll have just as much one without.
Speaker 1: I'm going to LA. What a fucking final show. Jenna got a fish? You spoke to Vanessa MROs Yeah, off my lung, Daun. Two girls are in here. It was great.
Speaker 3: Two girls are.
Speaker 2: Here, two ladies.
Speaker 1: You can smell the estrogen.
Speaker 3: Well, then I go check out the not My cup of Tea Christmas Show. Alright, guys, Mitch and I will catch you back next year, provided that we can be by coming back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got renewed for season two. We can finally.
Speaker 3: We haven't actually discussed this, but I'm just assuming.
Speaker 1: We're coming back, coming back. I don't know, got nothing else to do.
Speaker 3: Do you want to come back dinner?
Speaker 1: No, Jenna's got a fish to care for.
Speaker 5: Jenn's fight anyway.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for producing gigs, no, no, no, We're fine.
Speaker 1: We will be back.
Speaker 7: Can I just say, how do you feel mitches on this podcast compared to the old ones, don't listen.
Speaker 1: No, but you're in here with him now?
Speaker 2: I listen all the time. Is it just Mitch is my favorite podcast?
Speaker 1: How do you find?
Speaker 3: Is he different a little? In what way?
Speaker 6: It feels less like he's trying to wrangle two idiots? He's only trying to like wrangle one this time.
Speaker 1: Jenn, I don't take it.
Speaker 3: What a dumb Joe?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, but did the direct eye contact me? Nothing to you? Why was looking him? You're talking about Jenna?
Speaker 5: I just feel like it's not Coombs on the buttons anymore? So maybe a relate No, it's me. Maybe you can turn off.
Speaker 3: His mic every know what I mean? I thought it was going to be a relief, but he makes so many errors.
Speaker 5: Don't the National Night Show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fuck's up there too?
Speaker 2: Really listen?
Speaker 3: I haven't anyway? We should go, shouldn't we?
Speaker 1: Very funny?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: We'll cut you back next year, or we'll catch you on not My Cup of Tea. It's like part two to this, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Also on the socials?
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Bye bye see you guys.
Speaker 7: By just free, don't forget to subscribe and leave it on your podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome to add Brief. Do you guys remember how Bonus Bands was our pride and joy and we wanted everyone to listen to Bonus Bands instead of the main show. Yeah, I feel the exact opposite about this show. It's my shame, you.
Speaker 2: Know when people hearing this, No I I do it.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping to trick people out of listening. We never addressed the secret segment on the main show. On Not My Cup of Tea, it was like, everyone, You've gotta hear Bonus Bands the after show. It's the best bait of this one. I'm like, please don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't talk about this segment.
Speaker 3: It's called Addbrief because we can't say so.
Speaker 6: We really talked up a lot. It was clearly not the best bur of the show. There was a whole Bonus Bands that we sang into the microphone the whole.
Speaker 7: Time to shut you both the fuck up. But that's something that we do at the end of every show. It's actually a radio show. We actually turn a live wheet so they come in hot and heavy things. People just well got one.
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Do you guys? Nick Kelly?
Speaker 3: This is what I mean I'm so ashamed of this segment. He just pretends that people can like one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's Sylvia. Sylvia Jeffrey. She said, so good with the namesake of another Simon's fighting kick.
Speaker 2: Another.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, a similar fish. Antrose also named a fish. Oh my god, I a lot. It's fits where there's a lound of shubble. Another one coming through? Who's that? Oh there's my new foods. I'll just get that, see what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm so ashamed of this.
Speaker 5: I'm just sun wrappingly.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Telia, I put one of those bluddy starbird things in my mouth. They're not easy to eat while talking into a microphone.
Speaker 5: It's natural and oh that sounds disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's like it. I should have got one over there. Who's who's that tweet?
Speaker 3: What did you just call her?
Speaker 1: I've got a tweet? Who's who's that? You got iPad in front of you? Who's that tweet coming in from?
Speaker 2: Telia?
Speaker 6: Why are you tweeting us when you're in sweet can't speak? So here's a fun Tell him to his face, don't tweet it out him.
Speaker 3: Just tell me, don't encourage you makee so don't play along.
Speaker 1: With the rubbish. Who's this finning Espasito? Down? With which jury kill him?
Speaker 7: I all saw that coming, didn't We now can't wait for this segment, Ladies and gents.
Speaker 1: We don't every show. We have a prize wheel behind us, and all we need is some callers. They can call through at any time. I've got to say, Oh, Craig's on the line.
Speaker 7: Hey, great, Hey, Craig boy, Craig's calling up from Trisitania.
Speaker 1: Jenna, what does he want? Gives the wheel?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 1: He spin the wheel? Lot on, Craggy. We'll have up for grab today.
Speaker 6: You know Sylvia's siblings sorry Sis, fighting.
Speaker 1: Pier and guess what You've won? All of them's buddy, You're going home with some fishies.
Speaker 3: Can you Jenner downs?
Speaker 1: It's really loud, Yeah, no worries. Oh my god, Gabrielle, I give.
Speaker 3: A spin go girl, one that I actually enjoyed that we make up chocolate on the spot.
Speaker 1: Oh just want a pet egg? Congratulations, shave your foot skin? Congratulations girl?
Speaker 3: Since you hear Achelan, I han't. Is it just me talking point that I've not done on the child. I've been waiting for your arrival. Mitch hit it with the is it just me sound effect?
Speaker 1: Please just find it?
Speaker 3: Also, do you have the hold on that's not it? Definitely not it found?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Is the Lion King to better than the Lion King Original?
Speaker 5: No, no, it's not just me.
Speaker 2: You agree it's not better than the original, It's no way near the original? Is better?
Speaker 6: Lion King to hold a special place in my heart and I'll love her forever, But the first one is way better.
Speaker 3: Now, that's incorrect.
Speaker 5: Nursing her fucking Simba tattoo like you've just ruined.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. That's what Rafiki rubs on the tree.
Speaker 3: Asan and I were actually watching The Lion King too and singing along to it, and I said, bitch, I think this is better, and I can't believe i'mbout to say it this. But when you think about Simber's progression as a character and Simber's growth, the first one he's just some rich, little fucking rat and claiming his inheritance. The second one, he has to overcome his prejudice and accept the fact that his daughter's dating the scabby line that he banished from the Pride. Once she's fucking porking Covid, who he hates, really can't stand, and he has to overcome He has to overcome his sworn enemy and accept the love very Romeo and Juliet is literally.
Speaker 2: It literally is rome where's the first one?
Speaker 3: It's just some fucking idiot who has no concept of responsibility.
Speaker 2: He's coming into his own exactly, He's coming into his own.
Speaker 6: He spent the entire first half of the movie being so excited to grow up and become king, and then he finds out that growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be. Growing up is actually a little bit shit. He's fucking dad died, His dad died. His brother is like uncle killed his dad. He gets like stuck in some jungle and becomes some lazy freeloader. Thinks that's cool for a while, then realizes you need a balance thing, so he goes back to like take care of them responsibility.
Speaker 5: And he's got to be a king in a different way. He's like my dad was king. He was a banging king.
Speaker 2: And then Fox, his best friend, like, isn't that the dream?
Speaker 5: That's exactly what you want?
Speaker 3: Okay, But the second film, Kiara takes no ship and even though even though Ziera is an enemy, she saves her feminism will try to she still does anyway.
Speaker 2: I feel like all Kiara cares about is getting poked.
Speaker 6: At least sim Nala had other priorities of other ship going on, like we need to save our kingdoms. Simba's like a kuna matata. I want to experiment with weed, Like you say no, I'm just saying it. Like all she cared about was boys, Like once she grew up, Like what are the things that she care about?
Speaker 3: She was on heat, like yeah, him impression the lion King, opening the circle of life, beginning.
Speaker 2: Right into the fucking mind.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you've got to get more gun It's nae.
Speaker 3: Now the point I wanted to make the reason I asked you to do that because it was because I wanted to make the point that I think the opening song in the second movie is more iconic, play that one. This is a good song. You sing me five second, I'll keep singing watch so good, don't know no, just some voice in the skies. Oh this is the good one. This is the song where they fucking pissed, coved off. This is how I feel about you when I catch you about telling lies deception, disgrace.
Speaker 5: I've line I'm in and out of l a all the time.
Speaker 1: That's not a lie, that's far. This is ridiculous. Can we stop fucking talking about the Lion King. I'm over it.
Speaker 3: It's the point of the show. We bring you it just me. I just thought we had that understanding.
Speaker 1: You know who my favorite characters are on the Lion King because that might me and Jenna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you were going to say to mine and Pumba, I can.
Speaker 1: See myself in heaven, but I love you know my My soundest part about that films he dies?
Speaker 3: What the was that?
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Thank you? What dreck? And the sound is? Just just tell me what you think?
Speaker 5: This is ta dog that's from Everybody Loves Raymond Never wasn't.
Speaker 1: Mean if I were to play it and go, what's happening in the cartoon of this sound effect.
Speaker 5: Ship, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He always uses I think it sounds like someone winning a quiz.
Speaker 5: So no, it's not winning a quiz.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: I was telling the story about and his brother who sally passed, sort of like, oh, that's not that.
Speaker 3: It sounds too happy, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: It's too happy?
Speaker 5: No, But it's like a halo when you think of something good, like yeah, it's like a light bulb, dickhead, It's like no, it's like she's an Angelo exactly.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can use it there, but no one someone dies like.
Speaker 7: You thinking back on a good route you've had remembered Terrence, you know what I mean? Or no, you had the best nitzel you.
Speaker 3: Maybe it actually the ding.
Speaker 5: It's the ding that throws it off.
Speaker 7: Up.
Speaker 5: No, sorry that with Sylvia, Sylvia makes that noise fighting fit. Really he's crying right now, Sylvia, I have to.
Speaker 1: Say in a podcast, first we're going to cross to Sylvia. Syllya there, sil.
Speaker 5: What it's like inside the bag?
Speaker 1: It must be Sylvia Sylvia Jeffries. You know what a poor Sam armitage is. I was always a drone in her backyard. The poor bitch. She reckon true and she's over it. Mitch crashes in the back yard.
Speaker 3: Where did you get this ship?
Speaker 1: I stayed up one night? What does this show me that catered to teams?
Speaker 2: You're just like Mary, just got asked to leave the inn in my room. But we have a manga out and then and then an hour and an hour later yeah.
Speaker 3: We have it. I tell you, Asian's idea for a podcast. It's genius. So we did, we did. We did talk about this on Not My cup of teeth. But if you're a listener and you remember that, let me tell you it's progressed from there.
Speaker 2: The idea she wasn't joking. People thought I was joking.
Speaker 3: So the idea is one sided phone calls, but she records her side. Hi, babe, you know I'm good. But we've we've taken it to the next level. Apparently I've taken it upon myself to be her producer. He's a producer, very difficult talent. So the idea now is that she's everyone's best friend, Ashlan and she is on the other side of the phone during major events in history. Funny, so, like, you know how Millennia Trump copied Michelle Obama's speech. She'll be like on the phone to Malania beforehand, being like, hey, mal oh, my god, why are you nervous? It's just a speech. No, No, I'll help you write it. No, I help you write it. What about the values? And like she says Michelle Obama speech and then it goes you know, I just made that up. No, I thought about and then it turns out that it's Asian's fault that Milannie Trump copied hers that goes wrong.
Speaker 6: I wanted to get more and more absurd, to the point where it's like I'm talking to people who aren't even alive, that there's no way we could have been bread. I'm like, Amelia, where are you? You're in the plane right now. You're gonna be the first Amelia Amelia, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't hear you.
Speaker 3: You know what my favorite was? And then there's no consistency with the timeline. By the way, like Asian has no age. She could do pop culture events today and ages ago, so it's going to be called one sided phone calls with everyone's best friend Alan. And my favorite was Diana.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing this one. I refuse to do.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing Diana.
Speaker 3: No, I can't hear. I think you're going through a tunnel. I no, get rid of that, Diana.
Speaker 1: I've got one. I've got one. I've got go Hey, Anne, Hey, get out of that roof. There's no service. No, no, the diary. I know you've got a tyree any any can I hear the footsteps? Any off?
Speaker 3: What about Helen Keller. No, I can't write rail over the phone. Huh can you hear me?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Of course you can't. That's and so, yeah, this is what Asians podcast is going to be. She's going to be on the other end of the phone before or immediately after major historical events.
Speaker 2: They won't all be that awful though.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, how are you buddy? What you should do? Put the roof down, yeah, it looks so cool. Put Jack next to you. Yeah, you know what you're so, go past the school book pository because that'll do great for like education voters, you know what I mean? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, right, okay, So how to Marilyn for me? He'll be fine, He'll be fine. That's hilarious. I wish what else can you do?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 3: Asian does them?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: Well? What was one we're going to get you to do?
Speaker 2: I don't think of them anymore.
Speaker 3: We need to write this ship down?
Speaker 2: It doesn't writeing ship down.
Speaker 1: Well, this is on audio, so we'll be able to go back.
Speaker 3: No, but we've come up with so many good ones. Can you be on the phone to Judas when he's considering betraying Jesus and he does not show whether he wants.
Speaker 1: To do it or not.
Speaker 2: I'm so too, said on the phone to both Hey, sorry another clock, Jesus. There's nothing to worry. No, it's fine. What what have you a weird feeling about tonight? No, they're your boys. They got you like it's nothing that's gonna They paint.
Speaker 1: To there, he'll paint the whole thing, the last supper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, keep going, haven't mar the last Supper?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah no, But I don't know why.
Speaker 6: I got a weird feeling like those are your boys, like they got you, like, just go have a good meal. They'll wash your fucking feet like it's the used like you know, hold on, hold on, hold on, juju.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean? All right? But no, yeah, no, it's fine, okay, okay, bye, tell me how it goes. Why isn't Jesus picking up.
Speaker 7: Agent to Jesus in the tub. Yeah, they've waited out three days. It needs three days to breathe home. No, the simple field, gross, I give it three days.
Speaker 1: J Jesus. We cannot, we cannot. That will not make it. That has to be.
Speaker 5: I'm not making any I'm not making any comment.
Speaker 3: How about you talk to Rapunzel and she's been trapped at the top of the tower for eight Just let down your hair hunt.
Speaker 2: No, you've got so much at least your inhibitions. Feel the rain in your skin like.
Speaker 3: It's season one, Major historical Events, Season two, Fairy Tales, funny season three, Like you're in like cartoon movies like Shrek and stuff, Like I get you're an ogre, but just like, tell how you feel, babe.
Speaker 2: We all have layers, just like you're spitting out that line, like you're not donkey.
Speaker 1: It's thirteen hundred, Like you can date a dragon?
Speaker 3: Can you speak to the dragon about whether it's weird or not that she got impregnated by a donkey?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't not forget, you know, but I think it's weird, like cross species wise. For me, it's weird. It's like how did he get it in? Like did it how did it not fall out?
Speaker 6: Like did he just climb in and just deliver it himself or did you just climb up your uterus?
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 6: I mean, so you're so you are pregnant. I mean, at least they'll just fucking fall right out, right, babe?
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 1: Who's that dream works desist.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what I'm saying everyone is that go tweet or instagram as and bully her into doing this podcast. We've got the idea. I keep bringing home the mics and being like, I'll make it really easy. You don't even have to come to the studio. Would do it at home, and she literally comes over and then she goes, let's make cookies, and then hopes they forget and run out of time, forget great cookies.
Speaker 5: Really good cookies, putting in give away.
Speaker 1: My recipe mustis.
Speaker 5: We discuss myself.
Speaker 2: I also have a new good one. Bleep that clinkers clinkerslinkers come.
Speaker 9: Up a bit.
Speaker 3: We haven't tried that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my next one.
Speaker 1: Anything else, anything else?
Speaker 5: Green clinkers suck?
Speaker 3: Are they are the same ship? Different the pink ones?
Speaker 5: I want pink and yellow.
Speaker 1: I want to make this podcast. I wanted to make it your news resolution.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: So No, I was gonna make it dramatic.
Speaker 3: Why do you always like a kiss?
Speaker 1: New Year's ation? Garrett? Yeah, Garrett is that a sname?
Speaker 5: It's Garrett.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely Garnet.
Speaker 2: No, let's keep God's Garrett Garrett, Alicia Garnett.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you solemnly swim bye? June twenty nineteen, to come back on this show June twenty nineteen, June twenty two, very much.
Speaker 2: Not a good time for me in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go on twenty twenty to come back on this very show. Yeah, you can bring your friend with you if you like. Who Tellian me?
Speaker 7: Oh, come back on this show verbal contract and premiere the first episode of your podcast.
Speaker 1: On the end of this podcast.
Speaker 2: I'd like to hope it'll be out before June twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: But sure, we're going.
Speaker 1: To take it quite far. I'm thinking maybe to just getting in writing. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: But by June twenty twenty, it'll be out there.
Speaker 3: It's going to be called one Sided Phone Calls with Everyone's best friend. Aison Garnet.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 5: I also buy it first.
Speaker 1: That's really excited.
Speaker 2: Why don't you go fuck yourself?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's your stance on this? In last I was talking about how news reporters always agree with each other. It's like and we crossed now to Damian Ryan at the scene of a burglary and Damien witnesses were stunned with what they saw, and you know how they always go, that's right, deb What if they didn't agree one day and actually were une with what they saw, I wouldn't say that, deb No here, and.
Speaker 2: It's actually a common occurrence. They weren't that stunned at all by this burglary.
Speaker 5: No dead, they were quite underwhelmed.
Speaker 3: You'd you be the you be the reporter already. And we crossed to Talisha Vescio, who is at the site of a factory fire. And Talisha workers were lucky to escape alive.
Speaker 5: No, really, I don't think it was that lucky. The fire was only in a really small part of the sastory.
Speaker 1: The helicopter crashed a big killed me dead, and cross back to the newsroom. I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: They were like, thank god, what I reckon, Cushy.
Speaker 2: Mitchell, Talitia's death was really tragic, isn't that right?
Speaker 3: It depends who you ask, really, Cushy, you've got ship to do this. I'm actually worried we should go.
Speaker 1: I've got so much shit to do. But I want to do one thing. We did it last week, perhaps, and it is we make up a commercial on the spot.
Speaker 3: I think I think we should try, but it can't be for something that you can actually buy.
Speaker 1: So because my agion was is it just me? Or is this commercial not clear on all?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: Was it's just me?
Speaker 1: This commercial absolutely ridict.
Speaker 3: Can you find it?
Speaker 1: No, it's clear out I did you checked before?
Speaker 3: So it was an ad for eggs, no particular brand, Australian Eggs. And you know, and then you know the ads that are like get some pork on your phone and asking you to pay for money for a certain brand. So we didn't add for and an ad for trees. Yeah you know you're not. We're not asking you to buy it. We're just raising away.
Speaker 7: Add for the slogan for trees was don't be a fat large plant money in your backyard.
Speaker 1: It was really good. So this week we could just make it up. So jenneral, give us the topic, give us one.
Speaker 3: You do want to leave my exam? Okay, cool, Jenna, what's the topic?
Speaker 2: The topic will be.
Speaker 3: Dotted lines on the road, So like the.
Speaker 1: Lines in the middle of the road.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, okay, okay, yeah, okay, coming home from a late night trip, on the way back from a school excursion, maybe it's a first date ride.
Speaker 1: The lines are there for you in the middle of the road.
Speaker 7: They're there on the side, they're there, Australian road lines guiding you home.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. It doesn't have to be anything.
Speaker 2: It's just brilliant.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know how it happens, but it just comes to it.
Speaker 3: So it's like we're not necessarily saying like they're not even perks saying that they're there.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to rhyme either, like it just Australian skipping was so bad? Over yoga with your friends?
Speaker 6: You like a really serious one, like like it's like a PSA try coffin con not even about a serious topic.
Speaker 3: Just know grass, Yeah you do?
Speaker 1: Always been there? Who wants to try it? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: This is a grass Shut up Telesia.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's always been there. Will it always be there? You can always rely on grass. You cut the grass, but it never cuts you a soft flot to sit down any day anywhere. Get some grass on your ass, gone get some grass.
Speaker 1: Good one.
Speaker 2: That was fine, and I like this game.
Speaker 1: This is fine.
Speaker 3: Who wants to dosa do one for tin thl oh? Got it?
Speaker 6: You ready?
Speaker 2: Tinsel?
Speaker 3: Or what about tupperwar? No particular brand.
Speaker 1: Okay, Top of Weight is a brand?
Speaker 3: Oh is it? Okay? Tinsel tinsel good?
Speaker 1: No, you can't? No, okay, here, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Christmas, it's so jolly time. What are you doing with the tree this year? Considered tinsel, not beads, not pine cones. Fuck those baubles. Get some tinsel this Christmas.
Speaker 1: Tinsel one.
Speaker 3: I'm no good at that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, go go give it a go, give it a crack.
Speaker 3: I've got one. I'll give it.
Speaker 1: You have to use music.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be doing key rings.
Speaker 1: Okay, key rings. We have to end it because I gotta do my radio show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh do you already?
Speaker 1: This is the original one. One in your back out.
Speaker 3: I've got nothing.
Speaker 1: You do it ring. Put him on your house key, the spare one, put him on your khr key, the main one. Put him underneath the front John Matten.
Speaker 7: Give him to your uncle Pat. Australian key rings fun for me. Australian keyring's fun for you. Get him anywhere, maybe even at the local zoo.
Speaker 1: Australian key rings.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have that skill.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go.
Speaker 5: Australian keyrings.
Speaker 1: Australian hearings. Jenna for here.
Speaker 5: Come on j one, crack, go go go.
Speaker 3: Even if it's it's all good, you've got to you're doing one for doorbells.
Speaker 1: All right, this is good, amusing whenever you feel it.
Speaker 5: I'm at the door, just waiting to go on.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: That's all it needs like, it tells you what it does. It tells you where it goes, and you've got.
Speaker 2: N do.
Speaker 3: On that note where you get out of it.
Speaker 1: Holy, that is incredible.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having us anytime.
Speaker 1: Everyone.
Speaker 3: Make sure you go check us out on the Not My Cup of Team Christmas reunion. Notice about a bit of sorry fucking cry but from Mitch and I. If you're not going to bother listening to Not My Cup of Tea Christmas special Mark Christmas.
Speaker 7: We'll do again next year, and thank you for listening this year. It's a new podcast. Listeners are going down steadily, so we're doing that thing we love bring you on. It is a new podcast, so I have to say, Jenna, Mitch, thank you for everything.
Speaker 1: It's been fun. And we're back next year.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be back next year.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it. Great guys, love to actually be with your face to face. I mean we're this deep in the podcast now, we are actually quite close friends.
Speaker 7: I don't hate might not my cup of coffee, but I resent the fact that you had a podcast with Mitch.
Speaker 1: I'm like the new lover and you're the exes, you know.
Speaker 7: What I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's all right, but we've got kids to go.
Speaker 7: Still exactly, But I'm kind of like, it's fine, but like, don't follow it, you know what I mean, don't have chemistry.
Speaker 1: It's been a pleasure this year. We'll see you in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, Jenna, see yea?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Love the podcast?
Speaker 1: But what more?
Speaker 3: In between episodes, you
Speaker 1: Can follow the show online at a couple of mitches.