Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms. Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Sweetye Pies, We love you so much in a conceptual way. Of course, we'll be back next week. So here's some of our favorite moments from the last year and a half to a back on Monday, do not fret. Sometimes the things that you so desperately love leave you for a blip, but sometimes forever. Luckily for you, we are, like I said back on Monday.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on KAITA big question of the day and more to come.
Speaker 1: Should we assume that everyone loves us?
Speaker 2: If we haven't been given bad feedback, it's come from a TikTok by Delara.
Speaker 1: Listen to this.
Speaker 4: This is your friendly reminder that unless someone indicates that they have a problem with you, you're going to assume that there is no problem because it's not your responsibility to guess what someone else's problem is. It's their responsibility to communicate that problem to you.
Speaker 3: Well, the anxiety gillies are gonna hate this one.
Speaker 2: You know what, because this sounds like something I would say, This sounds very flex coded, but even I'm like, it's not that simple. If I know one thing about people is that at our core, we are irrational and often act out of alignment with what matches the situation. So like, you know, when you really need a company, you push people away. When you really want someone to like look out for you, you act like you don't need any help. It's like all this stuff, it's caterintuitive. I can say, for the sake of like your anxiety, it's nice to be like, if they haven't told me, then you know, let me not worry about tomorrow's problems, like, let me just wait until I know for a fact.
Speaker 1: But I don't think we control ourselves like that.
Speaker 2: I also think it's a slippery slope to tell people unless it's been said explicitly it's not your problem, because so much is implicit and covert and requires you to pick up on signals and signs to get it across. And if you're lucky, you get an admission of truth. But even like like let's say, have a problem for me, and I'm coming to you, I'm workshopping, like I don't even know what the problem is yet, And so how many times will I allow myself to workshop? Or how many times will you make it comfortable enough for me to workshop before I'm like, yeah, I don't know. I didn't need that at all.
Speaker 1: I think I'm a little bit.
Speaker 2: Off any kind of advice or feedback that gives us the impression that we can do stuff on our own constantly, yeah, Or that we're so separated and isolated that we don't need to rely on people, or that other people aren't our problem, or that if they can't say it, then it's on them.
Speaker 1: Because I definitely felt that way when I.
Speaker 2: Was twenty, you know, to twenty five. And then you're like, wait, that's not true, because I've needed people and not asked, or I've needed help and not asked and wish someone would have offered, or whatever.
Speaker 3: Well I would like, And I tried to cultivate an environment where we are one hundred percent across the feelings.
Speaker 1: At all times.
Speaker 3: It can be a bit of a mental load if you're not used to it. But all of my best friends, if there's even the slightest little hint of weirdness, we have a trust system where we can happily talk about that without it being too much. And if you don't understand that, yeah, then we can't be friends.
Speaker 1: Like that, and it's a tricky one and.
Speaker 3: You also need to pick your battles. Like I do have friends, this is it, but they're just not my close friends, like my inner inner circle of really good friends. Understand that if I'm asking if you're mad at me, and you know you're not, I need support, right, You're not going to scoff at me. I need sup You're not going to say I'm being crazy. You're going to say, no way, I love you.
Speaker 1: You're being insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people do that.
Speaker 2: I also feel like, let your people have mood swings, because there's one thing about me. I'm a moody girl, and I also be friend moody girls. And sometimes you just can't take it personally. Like let's say I'm having an off day, and then you assume, because I haven't said.
Speaker 1: What it's explicitly about, let's pretend it's not happening. That's not helpful.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: I feel like acknowledge and if you acknowledge isn't taken, well, then you know.
Speaker 1: What to do. Wrap it up.
Speaker 3: Wrap it up?
Speaker 1: Sis, you go, what's going on for me? She says, oh, FLEXI, Oh you get into it. Get into it.
Speaker 3: We had a listener submission. Somebody sent us a DM via the Flex and Froom's Instagram, which, might I add, is popping off our produce. Mikayla and the various social media team that does the Flex and Rooms Instagram have been popping their bussy. I recently got access to the login, so if you want to send a personal message, please send it there. I will be reading it only if it's nice and our listener Georgia has sent in a bit of a thought starter for the girlies, which this is my favorite kind of message. She begins high, pretty princesses already kicking the box. Love the podcast with all my heart. Big discussion in the office today, I would love to hear your thoughts on would you rather companies pay to have the ads installed into your memory or prefer to actually have to watch the ads before any piece of content YouTube TV t took ITTs, assuming that if the ads are in your memory, you never actually have to endure watching them. Results here with fifty to fifty. Wow, this is an incredible question, Georgia, I love it. I want to start off by saying I studied advertising oh at university. Don't out yourself, that is who I am At the time, I didn't realize, Like I didn't know that you could study advertising. I went to UNI originally to do journalism, started doing journalism. First lecture, the lady says, if you want to be on TV, this isn't the course for you.
Speaker 1: So you left. Pack the bags, pack the note before the census date.
Speaker 3: Pack the notebooks that I diligently bought from office works into my.
Speaker 1: Little crumpler backpack.
Speaker 3: So this is not for me, and yeep back to Melbourne Central Station to go home to my care out here.
Speaker 1: It's horror. This isn't right.
Speaker 3: Literally, what do they mean? I imagine working so hard and spending so much money on a school to only find out that the course that you work so dil ged to get into it's.
Speaker 1: Not even relevant.
Speaker 3: But look at you now, look at me now. I did advertising, and I thought that advertised. I didn't think that people thought it was a bad thing. Like I thought advertising was creative and cool. People love ads. Little did I know in some of the lectures they'd be like, you know, people say ads are bad.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the manipulative God?
Speaker 3: Like, this is just fun. We're just like learning to draw pictures on photoshop.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's ads that people don't like or how almost like disruptive they can be, Like it takes you out of your favorite moment. It's berating you, one after the other after the other after the other.
Speaker 1: I feel like outdoor.
Speaker 2: Advertising isn't as disruptive as like digital advertising.
Speaker 3: Some people hate them. Some people think outdoor advertising I.
Speaker 1: Guess it ruins the landscape.
Speaker 2: We had all these beautiful trees, and now what do we see?
Speaker 1: Show me what we see, let me see.
Speaker 2: I think I would prefer them burned into my brain because there's nothing like feeling as though every good idea you have, of every.
Speaker 1: Inkling came from you and you alone.
Speaker 2: Like if I wake up one day and I'm like, oh, I really want to sign up to that cool new I would love to feel as though just it's an idea that came came to and I'm just acting on my natural impulse. If I go and buy a new toilet cleaner, I'd love to feel like, oh my god, you're another one amazing, as opposed to being so like involved in the process. I think that's what I don't love about digital advertising sometimes is that everything has to feel like a choice, another choice, another choice.
Speaker 1: This ad, not this ad, skip this ad, watch this ad? Do I like this ad? What's this ad for? Did they even know? It's?
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, Like, we don't need it to be intentional for the desire to come anyway. I think that's my issue with it, you know, like so much of what I desire about life is unintentional, program subconscious, and I feel better about that.
Speaker 3: I personally would like to see all the ads. I love the creativity of the advertisers. I love seeing how much money is bringing.
Speaker 1: How do you love the jingle?
Speaker 3: I'm telling you jingles like what I wanted to be as a child, if not a presenter, was a jingle making a jingle. I've got them both downpath, So believe in your dreams. Study advertising, folks, and watch the ad.
Speaker 2: Can the creativity of advertising could be funneled into cinema and TV, because my goodness, why are we doing twenty six hundred hours of a TV show that is not concise and wrapped up? And ad can tell you everything you need to know about health insurance in fourteen seconds.
Speaker 3: That's why I need to become have a TV show the pipeline.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm serious, learn how to be articulate through making TV.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on Kaita.
Speaker 3: Mikayla, a much beloved producer, has sent me, oh she did, little Heart. Guys, when did these little hearts start happening with the fingerapops k pop? I know, but I'm just seeing every man in the dog do. I absolutely love these liks are cultured. It's amazing to me.
Speaker 1: A fair few too many.
Speaker 3: We just need to know, weirdly from her so much love with the little love heart hands and she's sent in this TikTok and it's quite an important question. I think most people in the audience need to know me. And it's a POV type thing, Guys, me trying to explain to literally every man that it's extremely important to post your GF from time to time, whether it be on a story or in an IG post, because it not only shows her off and makes her feel more confident and secure in a relationship, but it also is a heartfelt gesture that shows that you're not ashamed to be with her. It's just the assect of showing you appreciate her and not hiding her existent that's so crucial Micky as the token relationship girl in the podcast studio. It's me flex and Mikayla.
Speaker 1: Token relationship girl.
Speaker 2: She is y.
Speaker 3: Does your BF post things about you?
Speaker 5: Almost? His whole Instagram is me?
Speaker 2: Period?
Speaker 1: Stop it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I could show you. He has a little hat that says taken and he wears it everywhere. It's his favorite.
Speaker 3: Please show Yeah, I'll show you.
Speaker 5: I'll show you. Do you know what's funny? My ex boyfriend posted nith no no me and how long.
Speaker 3: Were you together?
Speaker 2: In?
Speaker 5: Two years?
Speaker 1: And at the time, what do you think that was?
Speaker 5: I don't think he wanted to why. I think he was ashamed of me. Oh, Mikayla, I do like, I'm resolved with it now.
Speaker 1: Oh you got taken. I'm fine with it now.
Speaker 5: We were doing long distance and I think he hated the fact that we were doing long distance.
Speaker 3: Was it your choice?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like, could have you been together? Were you inter state? What's the vibe?
Speaker 5: He didn't want to leave Melbourne nine did when I leave Sydney?
Speaker 1: Oh, so look, you're a punishment?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My current boyfriend Justin is his name Justin?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: His name is taking hat Justin.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He always wearing his all taken hat, his photos of us in taken hats.
Speaker 1: Who please, may I justin I'm obsessed with love my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he post photos me all the time. But do I think it's a requirement for him to post photos of me?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, I will say, I don't want to be that girl because I don't post fodders of my boyfriend. We'll talk to me say it, but I think it kind of is a red flag if you don't want to post them.
Speaker 5: Oh, one hundred percent red flag.
Speaker 3: Like, unless you're an influencer, money depends on you being single and loving it.
Speaker 2: Look, I will say one thing that I am trying to learn is to measure someone's behavior relative to who they are, not who you are. So for me, when I didn't post someone I was dating a lot, I know that dating me, i'd feel some kind of way because you post everything, the most mundane things.
Speaker 1: Why aren't you posting me?
Speaker 2: In my defense, the Internet is crazy and I don't think people can truly comprehend having one hundred different people message you about yourself. And maybe it's not fair to decide for people what they can and can't handle. But when I did end up posting him what happened. We're going to beat this out, so I will say.
Speaker 1: It's not a requirement.
Speaker 2: However, I do think that if it's something that your partner really wants, make an effort. Yeah, because I feel like there's a disparity between someone who's like, I don't even care. That's why I don't post. It's exactly you don't care. This person cares a lot to meet them halfway. It's also such a shame that, like, relationships as a whole are so complex, and we're stuck on the minutia.
Speaker 1: Like we haven't even gotten into beautif we.
Speaker 3: Just want to it's because we can't talk about serious things, but we want to talk about relationships.
Speaker 2: No, but don't you think, like for every person who's like, my partner won't post me, I'm like, that's not even your biggest problem.
Speaker 3: BA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's probably you need gratification for, hence you need the photo for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying, Like we're missing all this not posting the photo. They don't plan things. It's symptomatic of a big issue. We don't want to say it, oop see, but I think we got to start saying it. It's like, didn't through me read the book. He's just not that into you.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: I listened to the book for me.
Speaker 2: Listen to the book educated us and when I am listening, this is a better I have some great news. So what I mentioned that we're on track for immortality, people were not happy. So I don't know how this is going to land. But you can freeze yourself now in twenty twenty three in New South Wales in hopes of defrosting in a couple extra years. Be serious, maybe one hundred years later. I don't know what the timeline is, so you can hopefully live life one hundred years later as the age you are when you get frozen. How do we feel about it? I want to say overwhelmingly positive.
Speaker 1: But listen to this.
Speaker 6: Fifty people have signed up to be the very first Australians hoping to take a trip to the future. A facility in a rural New South Wales town is the first in the Southern Hemisphere to freeze humans in the hope that future technology will bring them back to life. It's now in operation, seven years after it received counsel approval.
Speaker 3: Why this doesn't excite you, No, because I don't want to live when my loved ones aren't there.
Speaker 1: You will make new loved ones. I promise you.
Speaker 2: Everybody you think you've loved in your lifetime, have you not loved deeper?
Speaker 3: I can't get my mummy.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't do that. I'm being serious, don't take a din.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's all I think about is my mama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like what would oh Shaather?
Speaker 2: It does concern me that the first ever is happening in New South Wales tech capital.
Speaker 1: But what I will say is.
Speaker 2: It's nice to know that advancements are being made in some capacity, because why, while we may not want to freeze ourself, it's good to know that we're thinking creatively and laterally about ways to prolong our lives.
Speaker 1: The good old eat well and exercise. Isn't it like you used to working? The two fruit five vesu or whatever they're talking about. It's not working. It's not getting like it used to. We need new solutions.
Speaker 2: But also I think the more we talk about these life extending futuristic practices, I feel like we start to have a very interesting and necessary conversation about mortality, Like what are we doing with life currently? I think when we're doing our day to day grind, rise and grind. We kind of forget that number one, not to be grim. It could end in a second. But even if it doesn't, I don't really think we're living like the movies say we should do it. It's not Project X Eat, Prey, Love, Mama Mia, go to Greece.
Speaker 1: Who's your dad? I don't know. And that's what life is about. And suddenly when you hear that they're doing what is it cRIO therapy? I don't know.
Speaker 2: When they're doing that in rural New South Wales, you start thinking, who'd want to do that? Who wouldn't want to do that?
Speaker 3: Do you have to die? No?
Speaker 2: Like you you freeom, you're hibernating, but you're alive when they freeze you, right because maybe like unconscious? Yeah wait yeah, because like is it when people die they're getting frozen? No, this is like because you know, like when you freeze something like I'm putting the bread in the freezer.
Speaker 1: I'm like prolonging the shelf, flizing the eggs, the bread.
Speaker 3: It means that you would have to sacrifice your life now because you have to be in full health for them to then resurrect.
Speaker 1: But people aren't really living anyway.
Speaker 3: Would you do it? I'm not gonna do it. I'm chilling.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not going to do it, but I'm grateful to know that things are being done. I'm personally looking for the fountain of youth, to which that's why I love vamporism.
Speaker 3: Well, you look about ten years old, so you find not.
Speaker 2: Literally if I could get bitten today. You think I'm not doing that. I'm getting bitten. I'm taking ten years off instantly to go run around in the forest. Like you said, brawless, shoeless. It breeds in.
Speaker 1: And thoughts out, thoughts out. I'm cigarettes.
Speaker 3: What I would really love in this world, and I wonder if you feel the same. Everybody is to buy a Tesla. Say what you will about young Elon Musk. He really popped his bussy when he put the Tesla on Earth. I love the functions of it. And I was once in an uber that was a Tesla and it was one of the Big four drive ones Staateley.
Speaker 1: It felt like I was in this spaceship. Believe acoustics.
Speaker 3: My dad is in there. He was torn of the driver, being like, moh, where do you this one? Mate? Absolutely loving it. Sick, just like browing down all the way in this tesla. My friend has been dating this guy right who has a Tesla. Nice, I know, I said, go off, queen, does he have any mates? Okay, just joking, I said to her when they started dating, I'm like, can you tell him about the fart function? So when you own a Tesla, it comes with all these mods. So this guy, she told me, he's got a mod that makes everything Christmas theme. So when you put the blinker on, it's like jingle bell jingle. When you toot, it's like some Santa related And I said, oh my god, have you heard this? Friend of mine and I joke a lot about poos humor. I know it's sickening. And I was like, do you know there's a fart one? And she said, what next time they hang out, she's sending me this video of the fart content. Oh, I hope it's a video. Maybe it's just a photo Okay, No, she's just it's just a photo of like all of the settings and you can pick whatever fart you want as an indicator. So this is what Elon Musk has written as a different type of farts, not a fart short shorts, riuper falcon heavy, ludicrous fart, neuro a stink, boring fart, verified fart.
Speaker 1: I'm so brackon.
Speaker 3: I thought this is like play a gassy prank on anyone in your car from any seat. Oh, this is just like I just love Tesla's I just feel like it's so distracted.
Speaker 2: The innovation Tesla has doesn't make sense for how little time the average person spends in their car.
Speaker 3: I'd be spending all day in my damn tests.
Speaker 2: This feels like when your car becomes your second house or your first house, then you can look great, like I need all these extra mods.
Speaker 1: But I guess it's like, isn't that the way that technology goes?
Speaker 2: In order for any tech to feel like it's got intrinsic value has to do more than what it's meant to do.
Speaker 1: If your phone could only call you, Like, this thing is useless.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just too many. Like I don't like having all the mod cons. I just want to I just want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we didn't have the mod cons, you know, we'd have healthy social life.
Speaker 3: And we'd be able to concentrate when we're doing a radio show.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the flexen Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 5: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.