Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian No Common show podcast wilds Up.
Speaker 2: We've got a whistler all blower right now in Rachel, who has been sending Jack dms of the You won't believe some of these things that people do. I mean, I wish I had. Is it a gene that some people have, the shame gene? Remove where they don't worry about they don't causing a scene or appearing old or indeed are the people's feelings?
Speaker 3: I guess it's you really do not care what other people think of you because you have no shame. People like this Old ladies will walk into the cafe, ask for a hot water which they don't pay for, sit down, and whip out a tea bag from home. I recently had a lady request that I heat up her frozen light and easy lasagna so she could dine in and enjoy it. Also had to ask a group of ladies to leave after they brought out a full picnic basket of homemade cakes and sandwiches.
Speaker 2: That is unbelievable. Are they like saying, hey, we're going there, it's okay. Does none of the group go. We can't just like you can't just turn up with no food, don't order it being their own food.
Speaker 3: Waters all around for us.
Speaker 2: Thank you, six autists, please as quick as you can as well, a little bit thirsty while we get our slacks out. I remember, in the first couple of months at working at this place, at this radio station, apparent in mind that I've been sold what it was going to be like in Australian Rader by Hamish Nandy. You know, we'd sold up everything. I remember an email went out saying that you could bring if you brought your own painting the weekend and repainted the radio station. About that they give you a day off.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: I come to if you bought your painting, yeah, help paint on a Saturday. You can have an annual leave day.
Speaker 2: Bring you home painting, not just that, paint the office and you can have a day off. All right. So we're looking for weird things, unusual things that you've seen. B Yo nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 4: Good morning Mick, Good morning, Christian co.
Speaker 1: How are we're good?
Speaker 2: We're good mix. So what have you seen people? B y.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, we used to get the foot of a lot and there used to be an old you could bring your own cans in.
Speaker 5: But there used to be an old guy bringing his bag, and he had six planks of wood and they were counter sunk at the bottom to the side of three large cans.
Speaker 1: And he would then proceed to spot those for three large cans, and people could seek the cairns underneath the planks that would and have a little seat to sit down on.
Speaker 2: This is what a great entrepreneur that was. So he's bringing his own bench and bear holder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and swapped the planks for canns so he didn't have to bring cans in and he was right for the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know what they'd say about that now, the VIGF you turned it with a lot of planks of woods and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I don't think you could do it with a plastic cup.
Speaker 2: No, you could even do that. You're quite right, Mick. Thank you very much your call. We'll go to more of your calls next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, my name is MICHAELA can't call in because I'm at work. I'm an ex hairdressing apprentice. We used to have one client bringing her own eminent straining solution and we're bringing her own hair color to tell the colors to use that and charge her less.
Speaker 3: Where do you even get the permanent hair straightening solution from?
Speaker 2: Isn't that why you go to like a pro? I'll always do it at home, get a made to do it Helena.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning Christian, Helena.
Speaker 2: What have you seen b yo?
Speaker 5: Well? Years ago with a Richmond isn't it match at the MCG We went to the football with our nana and she had a massive bag.
Speaker 4: She'd bring out fringed cushions for us all.
Speaker 6: Then she'd bring out plates and we'd have little homemade gourmete sausage rolls and pie.
Speaker 4: Then later on we'd have hot chocolate with our little cake and biscuits.
Speaker 2: I want to go with Nana to Okay, okay, this is how they can get the fans back to Bomber's game if they know that Nana is going to lay your nana is going to lay on the catering.
Speaker 4: Well, the boys in front of us eventually turned Aroun around and they said can she be.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a great one, Helena, Thank you very much. She colled mate, have a good day.
Speaker 4: Thank you you too.
Speaker 2: George. Good morning, George, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Oh, how are we there?
Speaker 2: We got Josh, Welcome to the show, b yo? What have you seen?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: So I had a work function back years ago and it was a housewim housewarming party for one of the ladies that was there. And on the invitation we got allocated on what to bring. So one of us got allocated to bring chairs, one got allocated to bring tables, one got allocated to bring the meat, the sallows, the whole lot everything.
Speaker 2: Honestly, our boss is thinking, this is a great idea. This is a great idea. I haven't got any problem with any of it.
Speaker 3: Putting on a free Christmas party dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you very much. George Patsy, do you remember when you got that? Well, not even a balloon in flate, bring your own air, bring your own party. They sent Patsy, how many years did you worked? Oh? I can't wry twenty or something, but thirty in total in the industry.
Speaker 6: And I get a deflated foil balloon with a string also in the envelope.
Speaker 2: Expected to up follow it up.
Speaker 5: Maybe they thought I had enough.
Speaker 3: I still be there now.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, What.
Speaker 2: Have you seen? B yo? What have you seen people. B y oh, Robin, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 2: How I'm good Robin, welcome to the show. So, b yo, what did you see?
Speaker 6: Okay? So I work at a fun park and next experiences myself that these are the legend news stories. So you can be yo two, maybe pickny carrier to have it. And on this particular occasion, somebody walked through the gate with a whole cooked pig.
Speaker 2: This is unbelievable. You're right, you can have a picnic here, please do. It's a family picnicar. But turning up with an entire pig like a spit or rotisy? What do they killed on the Game of Throne set?
Speaker 6: I know it was. It was just it just kept coming through the gate. Apparently it's like, you know, through your little box and this peak just kept going past.
Speaker 2: That's amazing, Robin. Thank you very much for sending one of the many myths of where you were.
Speaker 6: Okay, And the other one was a microwave.
Speaker 2: It's such heavy things. It's not it doesn't fit in your back doesn't fit in your backpack, does it.
Speaker 6: It just came through. Yeah, And we're all sort of having a bit of a giggle parent because we don't have a PowerPoint for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next time my attle about village cinemas. Hey, kids with us and own food and it's levels of this big extension. Robin, thank you very much your two stories to send your price.
Speaker 4: Stew. Good morning morning, Christian Morning morning.
Speaker 2: Perts morning Stew. B Yo, what have you seen?
Speaker 4: I have seen my grandmother. She used to carry around a toilet seat well everywhere. Yeah, so basically it was in a bag. She knitted it up herself with massprilly white pompoms around the top and the bottom to make it look pretty. But she wanted to sit in comfort when she did her business. So yeah, so especially at the caravan park. We used to go caravaning and off she'd go.
Speaker 2: Toddling fancy caravans over there, a little toily for her bum bump. I imagine the Queen had something like, as well, she's not putting her back sign of public toilets when she's.
Speaker 1: Around the world.
Speaker 4: I think it'd probably be a bit of a gilded toilet seats.
Speaker 2: But it's still with those fretty pompoms.
Speaker 3: Okay, absolutely risky for now though, because does she balance it on the existing toilet seat, I.
Speaker 4: Would guess, so, Yeah, it was one of the big old lands, was a black one, so it basically would have straddled the whole toilet seeks. I actually can't say that I ever saw it in action.
Speaker 2: No, I'm glad that you don't have a story about that. You never want to be doing the phone and what did you see your mom do? Straggling out? Let's leave it.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, you call me.
Speaker 4: No worry. Thanks well.
Speaker 1: Christian know Connell's show podcast