Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Common Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Sorry little person who actually did go and rubbage and in their garage for video cassettes to be told by one of our producers. He's moving on now. Email me though, Email me, I have an amazing email here. It actually came in two days ago, and every time I look at it and read it, it kind of blows my mind. Got an email from my lista called Phil. He listens to the show the podcast in the UK and begins, Hi, Christian, strange on this but stranger on this Christian. But my car recently broke down and I was fortunate enough that it was right outside of your dad's house. Now, you need to know that my dad lives in the middle of nowhere. The nearest sort of little village is about fifteen minutes away. If you break down out there, that's about the only house.
Speaker 1: For quite a while.
Speaker 2: This guy listens to this show, breaks down the middle of nowhere outside my old man's house. Your dad and his partner took me in, and then I told them that the car was broken down and that my family were waiting for me about half an hour away. My dad went and picked up my family and brought them back. Yeah, he gave us use of his guarding cold drinks, had a very long, extensive chat about the perils of Southampton Football Club.
Speaker 1: That's my dad.
Speaker 2: Whilst I was waiting the hour and a half for the r A CV to turn up, this guy was actually asking for my dad's a dress.
Speaker 1: Who he could just write a little thank you note? At what point did he realize it was your dad?
Speaker 2: Because after about because we were talking for so long, my dad started to sort of say, oh, and then we went to Australia last year, and then go went, oh wow, how come he went to Astralia and my sunny he moved out there? And he said of what does he do for business?
Speaker 1: Radio?
Speaker 2: And then this guy feel because I've emailed about going, how did it come up? He goes it was only an hour into the conversation he done started going about Astralia and it's just a question asked on what did your son do for what goes? And he moved out there to do a radio show. They thought there can't be many English people.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there's only one lose you in those forums. That's when it came up.
Speaker 2: It is a pretty amazing cod so yesterday, I ring my dad and I go, we just have a chat, right, I don't know about you.
Speaker 1: Your dad will probably do the same as this, and probably yours as well.
Speaker 2: I listened to my dad pratt lot about what he's been going up to get doing his guard and stuff like this. Twenty minutes the phone call goes on. There's no mention of like, oh, by the way, I mean, he's re tired. Nothing else happens in his life other than doing his garden up and stuff like that, and it's voluntary litterpic and he does the end of twenty minutes, my dad goes, anyway, let's skype at the weekend and we'd love to see the grandkids. And I go, wait, are you not going to say anything about the fact someone broke down outside your house and you took them And he goes, oh, yea, yeah, it happened about yeah, that was last week. And then he goes, anyway, I see it somebody. No no, no, no, wait, dad, don't you think it's remarkable?
Speaker 1: I know about it? Uh yeah, actually how do you know? And the guy emailed me. I said, why ain't you gonna mention?
Speaker 2: He goes, no, no, no, no, not not really, but you took somebody in. It's such a lovely thing to do, dad. I was when I read the emails, like it actually made me miss my dad, or like it's such a kind thing too. I don't even know if I do that. Some wrote down outside You maybe offer, you know, to get this out, but I actually invite them in for an hour and a half. Anyway, It is a remarkable coincidence, isn't it. You break down the middle of nowhere and it happens to be outside of the dad's house of the guy you listen to his podcast. So we're looking for your stories about amazing coincidences. We have done these before before you call in. We want great stories about coincidence. Okay, not marred ones. We want great ones.
Speaker 1: I'm breaking down the middle of nowhere and it's outside my dad's house Christian O. Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're looking for your stories of coincidences. Now, not all stories are great ones to do with coincidence, and not like this. I try to call in, but the lines are busy. The producers told me to text you. I got paired in an online multiplier game of Call of Duty with my brother's boss who lives in Port Augusta, South Australia and works on the train lines, and I live in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of a coincidence, bit of a coincidence. It's either it is a coincidence.
Speaker 2: Oh it is, And three times I've read that in my mind, going, am I just tired this morning?
Speaker 1: What is the train lines?
Speaker 2: Just to make it more of it, don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to unpack it. Maybe people listening going, oh, I get it's like a dog whistle to us.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. So not all stories, but this is an amazing story. This is it's actually more than a coincidence. This is quite a story. There's a lot going on this So what are you doing right now? Just take a moment to let this story in because it's a beautiful one. Actually, Christian, I've got a story about a coincidence back in nineteen ninety four. Now, the nineteen ninety four is important to remember that back in nineteen ninety four, I was riding my motorbike and I was having a great day when all of a sudden I found myself upside down in a hedge and watching a plume of blood gush from my femoral archery. A few seconds later, a fellow biker who just happened to be on that road jumped onto me and shoved his elbow hard into my grain. That stopped the blood and saved my life. I would have only had about another minute or two left. I was bleeding out. Apparently this man was called Tommy, retired Army medic. After a short while, the ambulance arrived. Lucky, I was saved. Tom and I became friends, and he convinced me that everyone should have medical training, and I became a FPOs. That's her first person on scene responder. Time moved on, I had a family, moved away, gave up the bike and such. Tom and I lost touch. This brings us to two thousand and fifteen. So it's eleven years later. I'm walking along a river one afternoon and I hear screaming. A young girl has fallen in and she's gone under. She's in a really bad way. I got that she was being pulled out. She wasn't breathing, she was blue. I gave CPR, kept her going until the real medics arrived. The lovely young lady responded well to the adrenaline and shot, and she came back to us. Before she left in the ambulance, her grandmother, who was there very concerned, asked for my numbers so she could let me know how things went. A few weeks later I got the call. Marie, who was the little girl, made a full recovery, wanted me to come round for Tea to say thank you. This is where it gets amazing. On arrival at the house, they were big hugs, and then I saw a picture on the mantelpiece. It was Tom with Marie on his knee, smiling at me. Marie was Tom's granddaughter, and if he had not saved my life, not badgered me into learning first aid, I would not have been able to save his granddaughter. I don't believe completely a coincidence, Christian, but I believe this is a lovely line here. I believe that what we we sew and if we live our lives with love, it will be returned to us. Tom passed away in twenty fourteen, so win away because of his actions. It was him who saved his own granddaughter. Isn't that one of those things? It's more than a commenced There's so much in there. Thank you very much Paul for sharing that. So that's a story about coincidence. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast