Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island peoples today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and a welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Laura and I'm Ruth, and we have some news.
Speaker 3: I we're going to say that this Thursday, and oh I fuck all right.
Speaker 2: Firstly, before I tell you what the news is, let's yeah, let's build the suspense.
Speaker 3: Yea, guys, we've got something that we want to tell you. It's Thursday, so we won't.
Speaker 2: It's an ask on Cut episode and that means that you, guys, why are you talking like that?
Speaker 3: I've written in questions because I'm building suspense. Brittany okay, Borno the truth? Are you around? No? No? No, I'm okay. All right.
Speaker 2: Well, asking card that is where you are. You send in your questions and we do our best to answer them. It's solicited unqualified advice where we answer you deep you duck and your burning questions.
Speaker 3: And Laura's obviously far too excited.
Speaker 1: She's jumping out on the seat because we do have I guess two big things that we are announcing. One's bigger than the other, but they're both. They're both big, they're both equals exciting. I mean, I'm excited for both of them. Maybe they could go together, Like what if people put them on to go to the other one.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna wear the thing to go to the thing? Could we thing? Inception? That's I mean, you could wear the thing and bring the thing at the thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, so the news is you'll asked for it. Actually all of you didn't, but some of you did. And we are doing a live show. We are, but we're just testing the waters because if it sucks, we won't do more than one.
Speaker 3: So we're just doing one to start with. We think it's gonna be fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna suck, but like well finger scrossier scrush.
Speaker 2: We we never know if you've never done it, so like we're just putting it out there.
Speaker 3: It's the first time.
Speaker 1: If it does, don't come at us, yep, Maybe don't share it on social media. It is something that has been asked for, you know, since we started. It was something that was asked of us. But we never were in a real position too. I mean, Laura had two little kids all the time, we had full time jobs. We were trying to do that.
Speaker 3: I do have them all the time.
Speaker 2: I keep trying to say, like go away, and then they just come back and go go away.
Speaker 3: But they're always there.
Speaker 1: But the need and the ask and the one has become more prevalent over time. And I just I guess two weeks ago, now, maybe I put a pole up. I put it one final poll there was I was doing a question right, a Q and A, and there are a few that came through saying you and Laura are ever going to do a live show.
Speaker 3: So I thought, you know what, this is.
Speaker 1: A current theme. I'm going to put the pole out guys if we do a live show, is anyone gonna come? Does anyone want to actually see us in here? And well, the poll spoke for itself. Three percent of people said yes, no, No.
Speaker 3: It was overwhelmingly yes.
Speaker 1: So you are so we're delivering. We are going to We're going to attempt our first live show.
Speaker 2: But also this is also in conjunction because obviously we have the book coming out at the end of the year. Once again, if you haven't pre ordered that, it is called We Love Love.
Speaker 1: Links are in our bio.
Speaker 2: Links are in our bio links are also on the website. But this is just to coincide with that launch we're going to be it's going to be in October. Unfortunately, we are doing it to start with in Sydney. We just we have one planned. It may turn into two depending on how ticket sales go for the first one. But we really wanted to try it. We really wanted to get it dialed. We have really exciting plans for what this live show is going to look like, but we also wanted to like make sure that we had it right so that way, once that's done, we can then roll it out to other places.
Speaker 3: So we are really.
Speaker 2: Sorry if you're in Brisbane, if you're in Perth, wherever you are.
Speaker 3: We want you to be there.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, that would also mean buying a ticket to come to Sydney. But yeah, like one day we'll be coming to you as well, so don't feel excluded.
Speaker 3: We love you all, Okay. If it's it's just like just let us dip our toe in.
Speaker 1: But if it goes well, we want to I mean like two ways, a big word and just.
Speaker 2: Yeah because like like I mean, we've been recording this in a loungdry and still do that for three years.
Speaker 3: We forget you guys are there.
Speaker 1: We just talk to ourselves and to getting friend of all of you will be like we're naked, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Like talking about let me put it this way, I feel fine talking about a finger in the bum on a podcast. Would I feel fine doing that in front of a completely sold out room of people. Maybe not quite so much, but I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 3: You're gonna give it? Well, yeah, wave it around.
Speaker 1: But no.
Speaker 2: We also have something else we want to tell you, guys, and that is that we have new jumper merch coming as.
Speaker 3: Well, and they're so good.
Speaker 2: They're actually I mean, if you guys like last year's and we think you're gonna love this year's ones. And also we have because like last year, the big problem with our merch was that it's sold out very quickly and so many people missed out, and we understand that, like the site crash and it was just a whole fucking mess to be perfectly honest, So we really put some time in. We appreciate it's taken us a bit longer this year, but we have a lot more of it to make sure that we can, you know, get one out two everyone who wants one, keep your eyes and ears on Instagram. Like we said, all of the details are up in our website, but if you jump onto Life Uncut podcast that's our Instagram, go follow it. We will have all those details coming up very shortly for all the super exciting like this. The end of this year for this podcast has just blown out book live show jumpers.
Speaker 1: By the book and wear the jumper and bring them both to the live show.
Speaker 3: Would love it. Let's get into answering some questions.
Speaker 2: I mean, then that makes you a real diehard laugh I doesn't it like came to the show, bought the book, wll the jumper.
Speaker 3: Games or conquered.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into the questions question Num.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: I'll kick start.
Speaker 1: So my boyfriend has a group text with about six of his guy friends. Three of them are single and the other three are in relationships. I recently found out that it's really common for them to share pictures or screenshots of the girls that the single guys are hooking up with, which I think is fine. But an extra part that I just found out is that the single guys are sharing pretty much any nudes or sexualized picks of these girls that they are sent. There's a lot of topless picks, and I just said, that is disgusting. I told my boyfriend this. He told me that I'm overreacting. I said, it is very disrespectful. He said he wasn't doing anything wrong, and if he was, he wouldn't be so honest with me about it. I want him off this group text, but he refuses.
Speaker 3: So am I wrong?
Speaker 1: Or is this gross and disrespectful? Yes, this is gross and disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Also, this is the fact that he the fact that he turns around and says, I told you this because I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. Just because you don't think you're doing something wrong doesn't mean you're not actually doing something wrong. Actually, what you're doing is something.
Speaker 3: That's fucking illegal.
Speaker 2: Because when somebody sends a nude photo of themself to one person, they are giving consent for that one person to see the photo. So every single one of those boys who feel the need to then send those photos. Internally it's revenge porn. Now that feels like it like that as a word, like that's such a weighty thing to tell someone and be like, dude, that's fucking revenge porn.
Speaker 3: Oh that sound dropped a law bomb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that that sounds I mean, obviously it feels so defaming, but like, that's exactly what this is. And the fact that he doesn't see this as a problem, I think really just goes to show that there is still this huge gap between.
Speaker 3: Like lads being lads. It's just the boys being.
Speaker 2: Boys and what actually is is acceptable and how women should be treated. It makes me so fucking angry. And I have definitely dated guys in the past who had these sorts of group chats who thought this sort of behavior is okay. But to objectify a woman, or to think that that it's okay to share nudes even with that around friends without that person's consent is problematic on so many fucking levels.
Speaker 1: And there's probably a part of them and this is this is so so wrong, But the word revenge porn, there's probably part of them this like, what.
Speaker 3: This is a revenge porn?
Speaker 1: We're telling them how hot we're talking about how hot they are. This is all positive, like they probably don't associate it with We're not going out trying to ruin someone's life. It doesn't matter. It is illegal. You cannot share somebody else's nuds without their consent. I would be if I would be rapable and mortified if I knew that someone obviously someone you trusted, because if you're sending a nude to someone, there's a level of trust and respect there. This is usually the understanding between two people. If I knew they were going and just sharing that my personal photos around it, I would be You'd be off, You'd you'd beg BUYE, see you later.
Speaker 2: But also, GEN know what, I think it's really important for us to have this conversation because it's so easy for this to be one sided and for this conversation to be gendered. It's so easy to say, like male group chats do this to the girls that they're dating. But I also know that a lot of women do this as well. A lot of women will send around dig pics or they'll send around photos that they have of their partners, not necessarily their boyfriends, but of guys that they're dating. A lot of us have done this in different ways, and I think it's something to be really really conscious of, Like do you want to be part of that archaic mentality that is like, oh, it's okay to share this dick pic with my friend because it's funny, you know? Or do you want to be part of the movement that says you know, actually, do you know what? I want better for our digital footprint? I want better for the way we treat each other online.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, I might find something funny or I might find something amusing that I want to share with my friends, But I'm going to be the bigger person that doesn't subscribe into this gossip and really like objectifying to fame someone, because I do think that it isn't just guys who do this like we do this sending around dig picks as well.
Speaker 3: Mate. I have seen this, Mate, I'm getting fired up now. M eight, M eight.
Speaker 2: I have seen this in our Facebook group. And obviously these are posts that we have very quickly deleted, but people sharing photos that someone has sent to them a dick pic or something that maybe I mean normally it has been a dick pic with the sort of sentiment of like ha ha ha, I cannot believe I was sent this like that's never okay in any situation, doesn't matter if it's a guy sending it to his group of guy friends of a girl, or a girl sending it and putting that there to their group of friends who are girls. This whole situation is monumentally fucked and I think it all comes down to this conversation around values. You guys might be aligned on a lot of things, but he is showing you who he is and where his values lie by saying that he doesn't think that there is a problem with this. So I would say the next way of for you to approach this situation is to sit down to have a really genuine conversation around why this is so problematic. If he doesn't understand, to educate him on why this is problematic, and if he still thinks that this isn't an issue and that you're overreacting about this, I would really question whether he is someone whose values line up with what you want and expect and need in a partner, because this, to me, reeks of immaturity, it reeks of toxic masculinity, it reeks of just this really archaic. Lads will be lads, and I think that we need to be better and ask for better in our relationships.
Speaker 3: And let's let's give him the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 1: Let's just say he's not educated on the topic, he doesn't know it's illegal.
Speaker 3: Let's start from there.
Speaker 1: Taking all that information, sit down on the internet, pull it up, show him cases of people that have gone to prison for this kind of thing, like this is a real thing.
Speaker 2: But I mean, like, fuck, it's twenty twenty two. You shouldn't have to Like people shouldn't have to be hand held through this conversation. You know, I kind of hate them.
Speaker 1: I disagree, Yeah, only to a point that I'm not saying we need to handhold, but I disagree there would be some very very naive, completely removed people still in society. And like, this is why I say, let's give him the benefit of a doubt. If if he doesn't know this is actually illegal, Like he might know deep down that it's like, oh, probably shouldn't be sharing these, but he might not know it's actually people go to prison for it.
Speaker 3: Educate him, show him.
Speaker 1: If he still has the same sentiment and belief that it's okay, well, then that's something you need to decide to decide if you want to stay in that relationship, because I wouldn't. Like for me, I'd be like, well, that's you're disgusting, Like, yeah, it's not for me.
Speaker 2: And I guess like the big thing for me is, like I know that we keep coming back to this whole concept of revenge porn and like something being illegal or criminalized or whatever. But I don't think it always has to be around like where the law lies, like what feels morally right, Like what feels good to you as a person, What is the right way to treat someone. They're the qualities I want in my partner. Like you know, I don't kind of date someone based on are they doing something criminal or not? Like I date someone based on do their values? Is who they are as a person aligned with who I am as a person? And can I be confident and proud in the way that they represent women, in the way that they fight for minorities, in the way that they share their political views. And I really think that this is all very intertwined. Question number two, Oh there we go, all right, Question number two. About three weeks ago, I had the best sex of my life. Get your yeah, good on yetting happy for you, and it was a one night stand. I didn't realize sex could be this good, or that it was even possible when you pick up at a nightclub. I knew he was from out of town, so there was no expectations. We had an amazing night and morning, and then also had an amazing afternoon. He didn't leave until two pm, so there was lots of sexy times when he left. I didn't ask for his number because in my head I was kind of telling myself, well, he'll probably ask you if he wants your number, which is dumb.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I should also mention we really vibed, but didn't really talk much about ourselves because it's, you know, a one night stand, so why bother. So, using the minimal details I had, I typed them into Google. Who would have fucking known? His LinkedIn came up? So my question is who could have guessed?
Speaker 3: He could have guessed it.
Speaker 2: Can I now go and add him on Facebook and say if you're ever back in town, I'd love to catch up? Or do I bury this and ruin the fantasy?
Speaker 3: I remember, yes, you.
Speaker 1: Can message him on Facebook?
Speaker 3: Fucking yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I okay, a little story.
Speaker 2: I don't even can message him on LinkedIn, but brit says, no, we've had this conversation not on LinkedIn.
Speaker 1: Yes, Psycho, going to Facebook's way better. I years news. I think I was twenty five. I'd just moved to Sydney. I've told this probably on the podcast in our very first year, like two or three years ago. I was online dating then and I didn't I wasn't big on social media.
Speaker 3: But there was this guy that I wasn't big on social media. I didn't even know how to do the interweb. But I didn't know how to do anything well when I wasn't big on social That's a great way of describing it. No, I mean I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't have I mean I wasn't didn't have social when you were, didn't have a big following. Oh, I don't know how to use it the interweb at all. Like I think I said, a hotmail or a big pond or something. Nothing against anyone, big pond, just kind. But I was not good on social media. So I had seen this guy and I just didn't happen often, but his online dating profile he was so hot, like it was, he was so good looking.
Speaker 3: It was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it was. He had this dog that I loved. I loved his dog, I love his vibe of photos. I loved everything about him, and he had his whole this was I don't know if he put it in I don't remember, or if that's what it used to be online dating them, but his whole entire name was in the profile.
Speaker 3: I think back in the day it was a whole name.
Speaker 1: Until people started to get stalked and stuff. Anyway, I swiped right and it wasn't a match. But I remembered his name and we didn't match, so I could have part of me could have been like, well, he has doesn't like you because he's probably seen you not matched. But I went and found him on Facebook, so I typed the name in quite a few people came up, so I.
Speaker 3: Dug onto page sixteen and found him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but one of his photos that I saw was the I matched it with a photo that I had seen of him and this dog, so I knew it was the right guy.
Speaker 2: There are so many layers of you being a crazy bitch in this totally, and I fucking love it, loved it.
Speaker 1: So I messaged him I was like, hey, I remember what I wrote. I remember saying I mean that is five ten years ago.
Speaker 3: I saw you on it. This is a sentence.
Speaker 1: I hoped I would never.
Speaker 3: Say, that's what I said. This is a sentence. I hoped I would never say.
Speaker 1: I saw you on the dating app and we didn't match, so I found you on Facebook. I just wanted to say hey, And in my head I just thought I will regret will because I waited up. I was like, will I regret never knowing? And the answer was yes, I would regret not knowing more than I would regret him rejecting me. So I went for it, took a risk. He wrote back almost immediately or like within an hour, and he said, hey, I'm so glad you reached out. I haven't seen you online dating. He was from New Zealand.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen you on that.
Speaker 1: And then we start he hadn't gotten to you yet basically, so it wasn't that he said, no, It's like it was, havn't come across you. You're like, well, I'm out of matches because I've literally gotten to the place where there's no one left in Sydney. Well, he was in New Zealand.
Speaker 3: He was from New Zealand, but here's yeah.
Speaker 1: We started to talk and I was like, this guy's amazing, and he said, I leave in America. I'm actually unfortunately going back in three days time, but do you want to get dinner?
Speaker 3: And I said yes.
Speaker 1: So we met up that night and we did not leave each other side for three days, and the best three days together, like, had great sex.
Speaker 3: We're obsessed.
Speaker 1: I was like one of those people that was like, I've met a soulmate, like I was like, and he felt the same. Anyway, that was ten years ago and to this day we are still probably he's probably one of my closest friends. Like he's in another relationship long term. We just adore each other as people the unit. For whatever reason, the universe was supposed to put us together. And he's still someone that I would call to tell every secret to when I'm upset. When I Jordan and I ended, I called him first. He's one of those people. And we've only probably we've caught up over the years. I've seen him in America, he's been here a few times. Nothing's ever happened. We've just gotten to this point where we're just obsessed with each other. As two humans. But that was all from going out on this one little limb and chasing someone down. So I'm a really big advocate for this. Well.
Speaker 2: I think this is a funny one because I think, like, it's always fine if they want you to do it, Like, it's always fine if it's reciprocated, right, Like, so if a guy who you don't match with on Tinder then and stalks you down, finds you on Facebook and messages you if you think he's hot and you hadn't seen him, of course you're gonna be like, yeah, let's go for it. But if you did see him and you swipe no, you're gonna be like, oh, that fucking creep he found me. Like this can go one of two ways. But I think the rule is it's one message. It is one message. If there is no reply, that is the rejection. Leave that person alone.
Speaker 3: Do not be the person that multiply like like is like, come on with me again. You get one shot, you don't triple text, you didn't catch it on LinkedIn, you don't triple LinkedIn? Did you get my message? I think it's fine.
Speaker 2: I think in this instance, if you had an amazing time together, it is probably a little bit weird that he didn't ask for your number, but in the same way that you didn't.
Speaker 3: Maybe he thought you.
Speaker 2: Were going to ask, you thought he was gonna ask. No one asked, so that you're both kind of like, okay, well this is what this is, and then you left it. I think, go out, shoot your shot. The worst thing that's gonna happen is he's not going to write back.
Speaker 3: Well, that's it. He's not gonna write it.
Speaker 1: No, you creep.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna You might think it, but he.
Speaker 1: Won't write it. And that's what you've got to remember. You've got to remember he's either going to see it and not reply, big deal, move on, or he's going to reply and say I had a great time too, let's catch up for sure. Maybe you won't catch up, maybe he's been polite. Maybe you will catch up. But shoot your bloody shot.
Speaker 2: And that is totally the takeaway message from this, like more so than like whether you should go and message someone on Instagram or like whether you should do it on LinkedIn, whatever it is. I think the big thing to remember is that like rejection, especially when there is not much writing on it, when it's literally just you're sending a message and you.
Speaker 3: Didn't get a reply.
Speaker 2: That shouldn't be a big deal, Like, we don't need to make that a big deal. It's okay to put yourself out there and for someone to be like, you know, nah, I wasn't feeling it like that is not a reflection on you as a person. It is not a reflection on what you provide in a relationship. It's not a reflection of your value by any means. What that's a reflection of is what that other person's needs and wants are. And they may not be at a point where they want to date. They may be in a fucking relationship. You do not have any idea where somebody else is at in life. And the worst thing that you can ever do is take a rejection personally in these instances because ninety nine point nine per percent of the time, they're just simply not question number three. So a few weeks back, on a drunken night, I slept with my housemate who is also my friend. We had been out with a group of mutual friends and one thing led to another, and well we did the deed several times now in the one night and rooms now since then, he has basically just pretended as though nothing happened, Like he hasn't ever brought it up and hasn't mentioned a single thing. I don't want to date him or anything like that, but is it strange that he hasn't said a single thing about it? Should I be offended by this? Should I bring it up with him? Or should I just never acknowledge the huge elephant that I feel is in the room.
Speaker 1: I would be put in an advert up on flatmate Finder for either you to move out or for him to move out.
Speaker 3: No, this is I think this is a funny one. I would How many people out there do you reckon it? Fuck their house mates? Apes?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: I thon you have no do you know what? Though?
Speaker 2: I once there was three of us, right, like three friends, and we were all going to move into a house together, and that was the plan. And then I had sex with one of them, and then we couldn't all move in together because we all.
Speaker 3: Agreed that that would be very bad. Well, I've done it. How did that pan out for you?
Speaker 1: So? I was an interesting story. I'm afore I give you my opinion. I'll tell you it wasn't intentional.
Speaker 2: I had fell over and he fell into me. It slips writing I fell over onto his penis happens to the best personal It certainly does.
Speaker 1: Okay, was when I moved to Scotland. I moved to Scotland and I had I only knew one person there. I was living on my own because she now the girl's gotta eat well Shered had fallen in love with Jaye, her Scottish fiance, and they left me for daf so I had to fend for myself.
Speaker 3: So I had to go fend for myself.
Speaker 1: So I only knew one other person, and it was a guy that was from New Zealand. Originally I said to him, hey, you don't happen to know anyone that has any accommodation due or is looking for a room to rant. Because he was a bit young. He'd lived in Scotland for two years. And he was like, hold the line. I've got a big group of friends.
Speaker 3: Let me put it out there.
Speaker 1: And I was like fantastic. That afternoon he gets back to me, He's like, hey, I've got a whole apartment. You can rent the two bedrooms, one bathroom. Great place, Like it's pretty nice. The guy my friend that owns the apartment is away, he said, any friend of yours is a friend of mine. So he's like, he'll give it to you for a really cheap price, but you can only have it for eight weeks while he's away. And then he's coming like he's giving you eight weeks to find somewhere, and I'm like, that is amazing, that's great.
Speaker 3: That's a long time.
Speaker 1: So I moved into this house and this guy started messaging me, just the owner but being really nice, just being like, hey, let me know if you need anything, you know, like this is the coffee shop I go to.
Speaker 2: He'd also been sent a photo of what you look like, so he knew exactly who was staying in his house.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if he had, but he It turns out he is a rugby player. He played World Cup rugby. Yeah for his type, well for Italy too, so like, definitely my type. So he The texts started to eventuate into facetimes. Once a week he'd FaceTime me to check in everything all right with the house. And the first time we saw each other, he tells the story where he was like, oh, that you're pretty cute.
Speaker 3: He didn't say that.
Speaker 1: I wasn't attracted to him. Initially, I just thought he was a really nice guy. He wasn't my actual type. After he did his rugby tour, he moved back and I was supposed to have left, but he had developed this really big crush on me. So he's like, you can stay in the house if you want. I've got two bedrooms. He's like, just one hundred bucks, like whatever.
Speaker 3: Just he's like, it's nice to.
Speaker 1: Have a company. But it was a ploy and we ended up well sort of together. I guess we ended up eventually cooking up and we're just it was weird. We would like sleep together and then go back to your to your own pictureoms and stuff, and we had a shared war.
Speaker 2: Sounds like the dream relationship that sounds amazing for months, months and months just have sex and then go back and get a good night's sleep.
Speaker 3: It was yeah, and that was it.
Speaker 1: So like, yes, I have done it, but we it definitely wasn't an elephant in the room.
Speaker 3: We spoke about it. This situation is awkward.
Speaker 1: Because you have literally just hooked up and now he's pretending like I didn't, especially.
Speaker 2: If you're friends, like if you guys are housemates and your mates like you're good friends who hang out together, who like you know that relationship has now changed that the fact, and I'm I do not deal with elephants in the room.
Speaker 3: Brittany knows this. I don't deal with it. Like you have to fucking talk about it.
Speaker 2: You have to talk about things because otherwise it just like festus and gets weird. And so if he's just there being like, oh, hey, how's your day, Like did some shopping, got some milk, and you're like, yeah, remember when you were inside me three days now when you got my milk?
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember remember when I milked all over you? Like, there's it's weird. This is weird. Yes, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not arguing the point, but I don't think would you bring it up?
Speaker 3: No, you wouldn't. You would never say anything.
Speaker 1: But do you know what if if I did, it would be in a really joking way. I wouldn't be like, let's sit down and talk about it. But I think no day you think you could be like, hey, remember how he fucked, because that's what I would do. That's exactly what I do. I'm like, hey, remember the other day how we fucked? But I remember how that time, how we had sex. I would say it in a funny way, but I would also go with the flow, probably a little bit, like if he's pretending it doesn't happen, and you're happy to pretend it doesn't happen, I think that's fine.
Speaker 3: But like, this's for some reason he doesn't want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: But maybe he thinks you don't want to talk about it. Maybe I don't know if you bring it up, funny throwaway comment, that's my advice.
Speaker 2: I think the big thing is is like figure out why it makes you feel so weird that he doesn't want to talk about it, Like is it because you're like, there is something that happened. We both know it happened, and now our friendship feels disingenuous because we're not at least acknowledging it, which I think is a.
Speaker 3: Very real thing.
Speaker 2: Like right, you might be feeling like, well, now we are doing this lot, or like living together and lying about living in sin Yeah, we're just like it feels inauthentic, right, and some people really, you know, and I think most people, most people want to live in a way that feels authentic to them, especially in their own home.
Speaker 3: So I think it's Okay, Like, if this was me, I would probably bring it up. I would definitely bring it up, I think, and not.
Speaker 1: Because one hundred percent wood yes, And I would.
Speaker 2: Say like, hey, I just want to bring this up because I do feel like there's an elephant in the room and I don't want this to change our friendship because I think you're great.
Speaker 3: I'm not interested in anything more than that.
Speaker 2: Like that was crazy, but also like I just want to clear this energy because it feels weird for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for me, that makes it that that changes the dynamic because all of a sudden, it's making it something bigger than it is. He's like, cool, we had sex. You're like, cool, we had sex. I don't think you need to talk about it. He's probably worried about making the friendship awkward, changing the friendship dynamic, ruining the friendship. But by sitting down and saying I don't want this to change anything, but we need to talk about it, and addressing on from the.
Speaker 3: Room, it changes it. But the thing is you had sex. It changed it anyway. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: The problem is is lex and forget not. It doesn't work like that. It's not like doing each other's washing like he's been inside you. You have had sex, so it doesn't have to be a big deal. But like I think, if it's becoming a big deal and you cannot stop thinking about it, then at least and I mean, I okay. And the reason why I'm saying like, talk about a little bit is because I do think like communication is the foundation for every relationship, whether you're friends, whether you're romantic, whatever it is, Like, have a conversation. It doesn't have to be a big, in depth conversation. But if I was in this situation, I would feel so fucking weird that we'd had sex and he was just pretending it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, the benefit of having the conversation, if we're gonna go there is maybe you could hook up again.
Speaker 3: Maybe this could be my situation. Maybe yeah, and also like maybe a new kid.
Speaker 2: You said it earlier, brit But like often people think, I don't want to bring it up because I don't want to make the other person feel awkward, and he might be doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: Could be so, and you guys might be men for each other. Wait can this be an ask on cut aftermath? Please? Can you tell us what happened? With this friendship hooking up story.
Speaker 2: Absolutely if you guys have an eye Ask Uncut Aftermath. That means if we have ever answered one of your ask Guncut questions before and you have a resolution to the conundrum, we want to know about it. Slide on into the DMS at Life Uncut podcast tell us what happened.
Speaker 3: And also, if you haven't.
Speaker 2: Pre ordered the book yet, this is your cheeky little reminder to go jump on the links in our bios.
Speaker 3: Get yourself that we love love book, yes, because we would love love.
Speaker 1: That well, there won't be an endless amount, so you do want to make sure you get your hot little hands on one before they hopefully sell out.
Speaker 3: And you know the so your mom too got too?
Speaker 1: Dog toy friends and share the love because we love when Bababao takababa ba