Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Sophie Torbert and coming up on today's show, Perth TikToker Jackie Alexander opens up about her terrifying experience at a French nightclub. Mollie May breaks her silence following her shock split and our Highs and Lows of the Week, But First. Indy Clinton has hit back at her followers who questioned her decision to buy her young daughter's expensive jewelry. Yeah So. In one of her regular daily TikTok vlogs, in Passing the Mummy, Bloggers, showed her followers that she had purchased her eight month old daughter's Soul and almost two year old daughter Bamby a gold bracelet each Instantly, she was inundated with mums saying they loved the bracelets and wanted to know where they were from. She also received some criticism, so one follower wrote, aren't you worried the bracelets will get caught on something or just bother them? As someone with sensory issues, jewelry on my hands drives me crazy, I don't know, feels weird too with little kids. Indy responded on her Instagram stories, sharing a close up of the bangle on Bambie's wrist and wrote, so many questions about the little bracelets I bought the kids. I've linked where I bought them. Yes, I know they're not cheap, but there's something I want my girls to grow up with. We will add links to them and expand while they grow laugh out loud that I even have to explain this, but this is the world we live in today. They're also nine carrot gold, homemade, etc.
Speaker 2: Etc.
Speaker 1: She finished by saying, don't get offended on what I spend my money on. I of course had to follow the link to have a cheeky look at these bracelets and discover that they're from a jeweler called Natalie Marie and they retail for two thousand, three hundred dollars each. Now they're available in a range of different metals and sizes, and you can also customize them by adding an engraving or a birthstone. Now on the website, it says that the bangle is designed with the intention to grow with your little one and that it's gifted in youth and intended to be worn or treasured in age. It also says that these bracelets are suitable to be worn by babies. So what do you think it's twenty three hundred a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a child's bracelet. I think the reason why people are having such a visceral reaction to these bracelets is because it is very little children who are wearing them. So she lives in such a chaotic household, the kids always running around and breaking stuff. I think the people are thinking, well, aren't they going to lose the bracelets or scratch the bracelets? And they're worth so much money, Well, that would be my biggest fear. But then again, my mum was cleaning out my old bedroom this week, and so I've been given a lot of treasures, and one of them was my old jewelry box and it contained all of these presents I had received as a child, and one of them actually was a gold ring, and there were all these different badges and whatever, and I have never ever worn any of them because I remember thinking that they were too special to wear, and well, this is worried about losing it. So I actually like this concept that, yes, it is a lot of money, But this is going to be a bracelet that those kids are hopefully going to treasure throughout their life, and it's good that it's actually getting some wear. Yeah, well that's the thing on her vlogs. The kids are wearing them every day, which is really cute. And I tend to agree with Indy that it's her money and she can decide what she spends it on. Also, in a lot of cultures, parents do give their children gold jewelry or silver jewelry, and as you said, Amy, we had our own little keepsake presents. I think it's a really nice idea, but I can see why when people see the price tag they feel a certain way about it. I know a lot of our listeners were saying that the bracelets are so stunning, and their mums themselves, they said they saw it and thought, I wish I could buy my child something like that, but I just can't afford it. Yeah, I mean, it's not something if I had a daughter or a son that I would rush out and buy them a two thousand dollars bracelet. I think I'd have a lot of other things I'd want to spend that money on. But if your need to spend that night. But I suppose this is Indy Clinton, somebody who probably receives around seven thousand dollars per Instagram post, so for her, it's not that much to spend. That is a big call. I don't know if it'd be seven thousand dollars, it would be in the thousands.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Also, one big takeaway is that most of the time, the products that we see influencers sharing, they're either highly discounted by the brand or they've been gifted in exchange for the post. It's not really clear in this case. There's no partnership tools were used when she shared about it, but she did put up a link to the bracelet, which is usually a giveaway that there's some sort of sponsorship agreement here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I actually don't think it was a sponsored post. But I think that people have reacted in such a way because Indy doesn't really flash her cash that much. I think this is the first time we've really seen spending.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Her house does have a beach view, but as you say, Amy, it's not like she's constantly in design a gear. She's usually in a daggy track, so around house it's chaotic It's sort of like what we were saying about Laura Burn last week. Her brand is being relatable, and it's not that relatable to be having your kids with two grand bracelets on.
Speaker 3: I was extremely, extremely anxious. I do go hangover scary, but this was different. Look at my bank account this day till heading into Paris that mat for dinner, my heart dropped.
Speaker 1: Perth. TikToker Jackie Alexander has opened up about her terrifying experience in a French nightclub during the Olympic Games. The influencer was in Paris supporting her fiance, who plays for the Australian hockey team, when she allegedly had five thousand dollars stolen from her credit card. Now, before we get into it, so can you bring us up to speed on who Jackie is. I am such a big fan of her content. I first came across her videos a few years ago when she was posting in the lead up to her thirtieth birthday. I wish I could find this video, but basically she received some troll comments from Jen zeed As saying that she's too old to be on TikTok, which is just so utterly ridiculous, and she basically told them to fuck off and that thirty year olds are young and we should be allowed to do anything we want to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing this video and I was like, what a legend. Yeah, she's just so cool. So she shares a lot about fashion and about makeup, and she has the most flawless skin I have ever seen. That's just a side note. And she also shares really entertaining storytime videos.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: As well as being a fashion influencer, she's also started her own line called in My Moods, as well as a reusable coffee cup brand called Daily Ice. She's killing it at the moment, and she has spent the last couple of weeks in Paris because her partner, Nathan, is an Olympic hockey player, and she posted some hilarious videos while she was over there. One of them showed her getting decked out in green and gold, with the caption when you manifested becoming a wag and now you're watching your boyfriend play in the Olympics. She also had a video of herself outside the Olympic village in an oversized Australian uniform and wrote, when you hear about what goes on in the Olympic village. So you show up as a fellow at Fleet. Now this is of course in reference to the amount of sex that the athletes were reportedly having on their cardboard beds. Yeah, she of course had nothing to worry about, and her partner actually ended up proposing to her after the games in Tuscany. So she has a lot of wedding content coming as well, so definitely recommend following her now. Over the weekend, Jackie revealed on TikTok that she had been left traumatized by an experience she had at a Paris nightclub whilst there for the games. So she captured the video please Don't be like Me when traveling Now. In the four minutes sit down video, she explained that she and a group of friends went for drinks at a rooftop bar. They were sitting right up at the bar and befriended the bartenders, who introduced them to another man there who happened to own a nightclub. They all got chatting and the bartenders suggested that Jackie and her friends go to the nightclub. Now, the nightclub owner gave them his number and said that he'd sought them out if they decided to come by. So an hour or so later, they headed to the club, where they were met with a man if line outside. Now the nightclub owner came down and met with them and whisked them inside and wavered the entry fee. Now I'm guessing that Jackie thought the nightclub owner was pulling out all of the stops for them because of their connection to Olympians and also the fact that she has a large following. Now, Jackie said this is where things started to get weird because once they entered the club, one of her friends was wearing shorts, and as part of the dress code, that wasn't allowed. So the nightclub owner told her that she needed to buy a pair of pants. Now, this club must have been massive because inside there conveniently there was a shop where she could purchase pants from. The catch was though, that all of the clothes were super expensive, so the cheapest pair of pants was four hundred dollars. Oh gosh. This kind of reminds me of at Adelaide Oval when people are trying to get into the members area of the cricket because you're not allowed to wear like singlets or anything, or T shirt and conveniently, they have very expensive polo shirts that you can buy. Well, it's good business.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Jackie said that the nightclub owner had promised to sort them out with a table and free drinks, and that they wouldn't have to pay a cent for anything else. So they thought, okay, let's just get the pants. This is going to be a great night. Let's throw to what Jackie said, as.
Speaker 3: I am well aware that this is seriously stupid, Like you shouldn't trust anyone.
Speaker 2: We were drunk, we were stupid. We won't think. Don't need to tell me that I'm done for trusting a stranger. I know.
Speaker 3: We go in and then he sets us up with a table and he's like, just get anything, it's all on or so wethink you got a bottle of te killer. I think it was a very expensive bottle of teqiller. And then from here till when I woke up the next morning, I don't remember anything.
Speaker 2: I have no recollection of anything.
Speaker 3: I am so lucky. I was with a really good group of friends. I was with people that got me home safe.
Speaker 1: Now, Jackie said she woke up feeling incredibly anxious and checked her bank account to discover that five thousand dollars had been allegedly taken out by the club. She said, you didn't authorize the payment at all and had no recollection of it. Jackie and her friends then immediately jumped on to read reviews about the nightclub and discovered this.
Speaker 3: We decided to look at reviews of this place because we're like, what the hell has happened? Here is saying that they'd been roofied there and they took money off their card without the consent.
Speaker 2: They made them pay for things they didn't use.
Speaker 3: They made them pay a huge bill because they were like not with it.
Speaker 2: My heart literally.
Speaker 1: Sank so Jackie also shared screenshots of a couple of the reviews. One said me and my girlfriend were drugged upon arrival by the bartenders with our first drink, then made to pay four five hundred pounds by the bouncers in the back of the club using a dodgy card machine, and then had our phone and handbag stolen from us. The bouncer also assaulted my girlfriend outside of the club. It's a complete disgrace. I messaged the owner of the club on WhatsApp and he instantly blocked me. This nightclub is an organized crime ring. Please please be aware of entering this club now. Another review said do not enter if you are not French. Avoid it at all costs, as you will have seen a lot of very negative posts from non French people below. This club is corrupted and all staff are in on it. We were physically abused, lost an expensive handbag and iPhone, and were forced to pay for things we did not consume. These are the worst reviews on a nightclub. I think I've ever saying like it's I'm laughing, but this is actually terrifying. It is it so wonder that this nightclub has not been shut down, considering there are some pretty big accusations being thrown at them. In their review section now, Jackie said that it was so lucky that she'd only had money taken, because it could have been a lot worse. She currently has lodged acclaim with the bank to try and get the money back. She also used the video to urge her followers to be vigilant and keep your drinks covered and make sure your friends know where you are at all times. Jackie also revealed that Olympian Simone Bios had also been targeted by this club.
Speaker 2: Really triggered right now, even just making up.
Speaker 3: But I saw Simone Biles make a video recently about the same place.
Speaker 2: You can use to excuse and figure out what place it is.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get a last serve, but I feel like this place is an organized crime room. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Simone took to TikTok to share her negative experience with the Paris nightclub. Now, she has over five point three million followers on TikTok, and she gained three point two of them during the Paris Games because she kept her followers updated on it outfits her snacking habits and her dance moves. It might have also been as well because she has had that Netflix series that's coming out. I've seen that. I really like her well. She is also one of the most decorated gymnasts of all time, so she took her three gold and one silver, which is just incredible.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: She posted a get Ready with Me video this month where she explained that after the closing ceremony, she went to a Paris nightclub that tried to take advantage of her. Here's what she said, You guys, this club tried to charge me twenty six thousand dollars a bottle of champagne, Like, are you insane? Obviously I didn't buy it, but why would you even try to play me like that? Like that's wild? Twenty six thousand dollars, that is outrageous. I love that she had to point out that she obviously didn't purchase it for twenty six thousand dollars, because if she hadn't, I'm sure there would have been so many publications that would have run with the headline Simone Biles celebrates the Olympics with twenty six thousand bottle of champagne. It is terrifying to think how many people have been ripped off by this nightclub, particularly if they are targeting high profile people like Simone Biles who have power. I mean, it was lucky that she turned around and said no and probably left the nightclub.
Speaker 2: You're diving.
Speaker 3: It's been a minute since I've actually been on my youtue channel.
Speaker 1: In general, UK influencer Molly may Haig has broken her silence following her shock split from fiance Tommy Now. The Internet went into meltdown a fortnight ago when Molly announced the split, with fans instantly jumping to conclusions that Tommy must have cheated and fans have been desperate to hear from Molly and for her to shed some light on what's gone down. I have been one of those people. I have been desperately waiting for an update from Molly now. On Wednesday, she returned to Instagram for the first time, sharing a photo of her self dressed in a white matching set looking out onto a lake, with the caption thank you for being the best online friends I could have ever wished for. Now. A lot of people are reading into this photo because it looks like Molly has taken time away at a beautiful lakeside cabin to get away from the scrutiny and the noise and to make sense of what has gone on. Well, when I saw the photo, I just thought that caption speaks volumes because so many people have been supportive of Molly, but a lot of them have also been calling out Tommy, so it's almost sort of fanning these rumors around the cheat. I think there is just so much to be read into the caption and also the photo, because it's like she's ominously looking into the distance. She's pondering what has gone on. Who do you think took the photo? I think her manager fran took it, or maybe her sister Zoe. Because her sister has returned from her honeymoon, I think that she's also put out this announcement while she has her friends and family around her. Now. At the time of recording, this post has one point five million likes and a lot of her high profile friends have shown their support in the comments section. So Maura Higgins, who appeared on her series of Love Ireland, wrote love and Adore you. Now. What's interesting about Maura commenting is that, ever since this split happened, I keep seeing all of these tiktoks of Maura and Molly in the villa together. And it's quite funny because when Maura first came in, she was interested in Tommy and made a bee line four Temmy and Molly and Maura actually had an altercation over Tommy. So I keep seeing these clips replaying it today. Quickly became friends in the villa. Yeah, and they're best friends now. They've been holidaying with Tommy exactly. A lot of people were just saying, I can't believe that they're actually great friends now after their friendship started out in that way. Well, saffrom Barker. She wrote gorgeous girl, while her sister Zoe wrote love you millions my girl. One fan wrote there she is, we missed you, and that comment was liked by over four thousand people. I also saw this TikTok pop up and this girl was saying the photo just made her look even more like the people's princess, Like there's been this joke going around that Molly May is the true people's princess since Princess Diana, And she was like, this girl can do no wrong. I think also because the photo looked so wholesome and she just looked above all of the drama and the chaos surrounding it. It was wholesome, but she also looked really attractive. Yeah, so it was kind of like, it's like, here's what you've given up, Tommy, you dickhead. Now. Before she shared this photo to Instagram, Molly was posting comments underneath her sister Zoe Haig's honeymoon photos. So she wrote underneath them stunning photos and also beautiful, which how big of her? Because is this not the most crushing time for your relation tip to end, particularly if you're engaged Your sister is on this stunning honeymoon it's very big of her. I love that you said Zoe Haig because she's actually changed her last name to her husband's, which is Ray, which we laugh so much about. Yeah, so it's Zoe Ray and Molly May. I love it because I was I was half thinking, oh far out, she shouldn't have changed her last name because people won't be able to find her. But it just rolls off the tongue, doesn't, Yeah, it really does. Now. Last week we discussed rumors that Tommy cheated on Molly during a lad's trip to North Macedonia with a Danish girl, and according to the Sun, Tommy was seen kissing the blonde woman in front of hundreds of people at the nightclub, just days before their split was announced on Instagram. Since then, some new details of this night have emerged, so the Sun is reporting that Tommy was partying at a nightclub called a Mina in the VISP section with the Danish woman. Now, this VIP section is on a separate level to the rest of the venue, but it is still visible to party goers. So the club's owner was happy to be quoted and named in the article and said Tommy's group of British lads arrived at around one am. His security blocked the view of his table by standing in front of it so no one could go up and speak to them or see them. He went on to say that a fan started filming Tommy and his security went mad and grabbed the person's phone and deleted all of the pictures and videos he had taken. The owner said they didn't want anyone to see what he was up to. What I don't like about this is evident that there have been a lot of people in Tommy's friendship group who've been covering for his behavior, and they haven't been reporting back to Molly May some of the things he've been doing. Particularly when this man is engaged and has a child with this woman, why do none of the friends have her back now? Tommy was also allegedly seen chatting to the same girl at a beach club the next day, so staff at the beach club told the son Tommy and his friends reserved the table closest to the Latino dancers who are part of the nightly entertainment there. They said Tommy was there with friends and they were having a great time enjoying the performance and the women dancing. There was a blonde girl at the club on the same night and she was talking to him. He was also spotted talking to a blond woman by the pool at a nearby resort. It's not clear if it was the same Danish woman, and the resort staff told the press the whole town has been talking about the news he kissed a woman in the nightclub. A group of barmen also said everyone is talking about it. She is a young blonde girl from Macedonia. We don't know anything about her being Danish, but I wouldn't be surprised if he kissed multiple women.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: News definitely travels fast, because a source told The Sun that Molly was sent an upsetting video of Tommy on the trip, which led her to break up with him an hour after he landed in the UK. So Tommy arrived back in Manchester at two forty five pm and by three point fifty two pm that's when Molly announced her breakup to her followers. Well, just thinking back to Molly May's caption on Instagram, she said, thanks for being the best Internet friends. I wonder if it was a follower that sent through this video. That is a really good point, Amy, I love that theory. Now the media have tracked down at the Danish girl in question, who is called Miela Korfexen, and they touted her as being a Molly May look alike. That's what they've been doing the whole time. Every woman that's somehow attached to this is a Molly May look This woman looks nothing like mollyy like. It's just ridiculous. Now, Miela gave an interview to the Sun and said, I am the girl, but nothing happened. We had fun. I'm Danish, but I'm also from here. I don't know what he's been doing, but someone else must have kissed him. I have a boyfriend back home. Well, since then, Miller has changed her story and she confirmed that the kiss did take place. I wonder if this is because the boyfriend has ended things and she's gone, well, I've got nothing to hide now. Well, so over the weekend, she wrote on her Instagram, I had to delete all my posts due to the hate and nasty comments. As stated in the news story I gave. I didn't do anything with Tommy Fury. I didn't even know who he was. We only shared a kiss, nothing else happened. Well, that's what a lot of the speculation has been about that Tommy would target women who didn't know who he actually was. But I find it so interesting because she says I didn't do anything with Tommy, but I did kiss him. I mean, maybe she's saying I didn't have sex with Yes, that's what she's say. Well, she also said that if she'd known that Tommy had a fiance, she would have never kissed him back, which is also interesting because she's saying that he initiated the kiss. I feel a bit sorry for her because she may have actually been unaware who is and now she's absolutely going to copy it. At the end of the day, Tommy is the one who had the partner. Oh, he's the one that is responsible. Oh, one hundred percent agree. What I didn't like, though, is that she said that she will try and talk to Molly about it, and I feel like saying, oh, please, don't. No one wants to be contacted by the rando that's kissed the field, especially if she's only contacting Molly to be like, oh, it was just a kiss, that was nothing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I do have to point out that in response to these cheating rumors, and there have been many of them, Tommy's team released a statement saying Tommy is horrified by the false allegations of cheating being circulated by the media and he's consulting his lawyers. I also want to point out that Tommy and Molly are both still following each other, which makes me think even more that Molly is such a class act, because you don't really want to unfollow your baby daddy, no, like he is going to be in her life forever. And that is also why I don't think that we're going to get to tell all of what's happened. It looks like they've both been quite mature about it for the sake of their daughter, because we've seen lots of paparazzi shots of Tommy picking up Bambi and taking her out to a park, so it is good that they are being amicable. Let's get into our highs and lows of the week now. So if I'm bringing you two highs this week, I think that is not part of the rules. But you're being very optimistic that that's all right. Yeah, that's right. So my first high is recently, soph Kate, Mum and baby Jack and I were at a shopping center and it was hilarious because we were sitting at this cafe and I kept seeing these older ladies looking over at Jack and I could just tell they wanted to come over and speak to us. So you and I had gone to the toilet, and when we came back, we saw these ladies chatting to Mum and Kate. Anyway, it turns out that they had asked our mum if she was Jack's mother, and just to put things into perspective, our mom is sixty four. I think that's definitely her high of the week as well. Well, it was hilarious. I loved Mom's face. She was just like, yep, I'm his mother. I was sky how old they think Kate is? Like she meant to be the teenage sister. Yeah, well she was dressed in active where. I think that when you're in your twenties to thirties and you're dressed in active war, everyone assumes that you're younger for some reason. Well, it was the first time he'd really been out with Jack, and the number of people that would come up and speak to you, because people always say when you bring a cute puppy down to the beach, lots of people come over and chat. But I've realized that a baby, it's kind of like a middle aged woman magnet, like everyone comes over and speaks to you. Yeah, it was lovely. Now my second high is that I'm traveling to Melbourne this weekend. I've got a wedding on. Very excited. I haven't been to Melbourne for ages, so if anyone has some recommendations for restaurants or things to do over there, let me know who Chi mummas, you've got to go there.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: The last time we went actually was at the start of the year for Taylor Swift and we drove over, So I'm very excited to be flying. Yeah, there's so many fantastic places to eat there. Now I'm going to kick things off with my low of the week so that we can finish on a high. Now, my partner and I had a really tough week because we were waiting on some test results for our dog, Archie. He had a lump on his ear and we had to wait a week until they could have a look at it. Look, it was a pretty horrendous week for the rest of us as well, because you were very, very stressed out understandably about this. I'm just so dooming gloom. I just did so much googling I convinced myself that it was a cancerous lump. Thank god, it turned out to be a fungal infection on his ear, and the VET rang up and oh my god, I made brand and deal with the VET because I just don't take any information in I blackout. Anyway, we were celebrating about this fungal infection and he said, now the VET has recommended that we go to a chemist and we get some Caniston. Now, I, being a fucking idiot, didn't click that Caniston is thrush cream. I said that too, because we're at the shops and You're like, I've just got to go and get this Caniston and I'm like, you'll have to go and actually ask a chemist to get it because it's behind the counter, and you're like, no, I won't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So I go up to this guy and I'm like, oh, can I please have some Caniston cream? Can I have this particular brand? It's been recommended to me? And he looked really embarrassed, because I think I was like, you know, some people might be embarrassed about it. Anyway, and then I said to him, oh, by the way. It's actually for my dog. The vet recommended it because he has a sore ear. And the guy like he looked at me like, yeah, I don't believe you at all, And I said, oh, this seems like a really elaborate lie. This guy probably thought I was the biggest idiot or so. No great excuse for anyone that's wanting to go in and get thrush cream and not actually admitts for them. Just say your dog has a fungal infection, not that there's an issue. No for anyone who is embarrassed. Now, my high of the week is that I have finally booked my honeymoon. I've been rattling on for weeks now on this podcast. So it was Fiji, it was gonna be Bali. Where did you decide? Now we've decided on Port Douglas. So we are going in because I knew like Port Douglas is the perfect spot for you guys, because I feel like, I don't know, you guys get funny about going overseas. I don't think I necessarily get funny, but I just really wanted to go somewhere that was relaxing. We didn't have to catch too long of a flight. It was just very chilled. We only wanted to go away for a week close, somewhere close to Archie exactly. I really want to know, for anyone who has spent their honeymoon in Port Douglas, what should we do whilst we're there? Are there any good places to eat? I'm part of these Sure there are, I'm sure there are, But what are your favorite players? Do we eat? I should say I'm part of the Port Douglas groups, so people put in their recommendations there, but I would love to actually know where listeners have been eating there. Well, I think that's all we've got time for today. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of Outspoken. If you have enjoyed it and you haven't already left a review, it is so helpful to us if you could go and do that now. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present.